Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » At least one of the final polls, surely, will have got GE2017

Comments

• Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693

The Green party is optimistic of a gain in the Isle of Wight having mobilized the anti-Tory vote.Both Tory MP and Tory party highly unpopular.16-1 best priced Bet365.12-1 WH.Andrew Turner would be an excellent Tory scalp.

Didn't he stand down?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

Well in Thornbury and Yate I supported the libdems. If it had been close I would have considered lending my vote to the Tories as I cannot stand Corbyn. My primary reason for supporting the libdems is that I think we need to fund our public services better and that means we all need to be adult about it and to pay more in taxes to do the right thing. The labour fantasy that somehow 90% of people won't be affected by more taxes is something that I find deeply insulting and believe it would be counter productive.

You think the Tories are safe in Thornbury & Yate despite the small majority?
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886
    I don't know about you, but I'm fairly sure that I'd struggle to locate the right box to cross if I was blind.
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    jonny83 said:

Morning all, any signs of this youth tsunami yet for those that have voted this morning? I guess it is still pretty early so they could still be in bed.

They all stopped at the Polling Station on the way back from last night's rave session, voted and are now in bed until 3pm as normal

You have to remember that they are not normally seen in daylight hours :D:D
  • Options
    This is a spoof of a tweet earlier from some earnest sort saying his 93 year old gran etc etc and she said "I'm hungover", which of course also didn't happen.
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    I had a bottle of beer in a half pint glass once. Felt like a right twat
  • Options
    Busy in Fermanagh. Also in news, bear seen heading to the woods for a poo
  • Options
    DadgeDadge Posts: 2,038
    Blue_rog said:

Pulpstar said:

Blue_rog said:

I don't agree with vote swapping. Effectively it means that you have feelings and beliefs in a party but are willing to traduced them by voting for another party in the hope that a stranger will do the same. So you're expecting two traitors to act honourably-weird.

Dante had a large circle especially reserved for traitors.

Sometimes you have to channel your inner Peter Mandelson though.
    If people are so concerned they can move to a marginal constituency. It seems a bit rich living in a pleasant part of the world in a safe seat but wanting someone in a less fortunate part of the world to vote against their beliefs. Not everyone regards a GE as a game. It decides the direction of the country for the next 5 years
    It's funny watching Tories crying about vote swapping. Of course the GE is a game. Made even more so by having a voting system that's not not fit for purpose. A system that gives a minority party a majority government for 5 years to carry out its "mandate".

Your suggestion of "moving" to a marginal constituency is probably less moral than vote swapping and is certainly more open to abuse and illegality. And it emphasises my point about how crap FPTP is, that you're right that marginals are the only places that really count in a British election.
  • Options

Busy in Fermanagh. Also in news, bear seen heading to the woods for a poo

Vote early, vote often.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

https://twitter.com/simonjhix/status/872724388768092160

Only two forecasts have the Lib Dems in double figures. Meanwhile, you can still back them for 3.2 under 10 seats on Betfair.

Thrasher SNP forecast stretches the bounds of credibility.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Can we keep track of the most optimistic prediction of a gain by any party today?
  • Options

Also in news, bear seen heading to the woods for a poo

That would be news in Fermanagh. Not many woods there, it is mostly lakes :D

• Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,216

I believe Newcastle Brown was traditionally served in a half pint glass.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,744
    Scott_P said:
    nichomar said:

Lib Dems avoid oblivion "it was themail that did it" the next headline

https://twitter.com/RuthDavidsonMSP/status/872571726613405696

'Smash tomorrow'? At last, an honest Tory.

Triple LOL

Only two forecasts have the Lib Dems in double figures. Meanwhile, you can still back them for 3.2 under 10 seats on Betfair.

YG sticking out like a sore ELBOW :lol:
    Geniuses.

So it is done then. Had 'It's a Sin' by the Pet Shop Boys playing on headphones as I entered the polling station. After I left it was 'Torn' by Natalia Imbruglia. An omen? (Should have been the other way around though)

Of course, 'Mrs Robinson' by Simon and Garfunkel played after that, so perhaps not.
  • Options

Can we keep track of the most optimistic prediction of a gain by any party today?

Bootle Tories are optimistic about their chances?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,426

This is a spoof of a tweet earlier from some earnest sort saying his 93 year old gran etc etc and she said "I'm hungover", which of course also didn't happen.
    It's a parody of something people said happened in the EURef.
  • Options
    Andy_CookeAndy_Cooke Posts: 4,816
    Vote history:

1992 - Colchester North (Safe Con) - Lib Dem
    1997 - Banff and Buchan (Safe SNP) - Did not Vote
    2001 - North-East Hampshire (Safe Con) - Labour
    2005 - Maidenhead (then a semi-marginal Con/LD) - Con
    2010 - Uxbridge (safe Con) - Con
    2015 - Wantage (safe Con) - Lib Dem
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,216

jonny83 said:

Morning all, any signs of this youth tsunami yet for those that have voted this morning? I guess it is still pretty early so they could still be in bed.

They all stopped at the Polling Station on the way back from last night's rave session, voted and are now in bed until 3pm as normal

Rave session?

What is this 1996?
  • Options
    Clown_Car_HQClown_Car_HQ Posts: 169
    jonny83 said:

Just seems to be oldies and middle-aged voting in my village.

Mr Clown was first in at 7am I voted on the way back from the school run. Judging by my voting slip number I would say early voting is up on previous elections.

Former MP was just leaving the polling station when I drove past so didn't get the chance to ask how he felt it was going.

For what it's worth the BMG poll is about where I think the polling will end up. I think Cons will be substantially up. I'm thinking a majority of 80-90, partly because of gains in Scotland. I think it will be a mixed bag for the LibDems with one or two good gains but overall no move into double figures. Hope Norman Lamb keeps his seat.
  • Options

It's a parody of something people said happened in the EURef.
    Ah, ok. How meta.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 1,614
    edited June 2017
    Let's start an anecdote counter.

Cue those who want Corbyn to win - 'went to vote today, saw loads of students, teenagers, young 'uns, etc, massive queues at polling station...'.

Cue those who want May to win - 'went to vote today, saw long queues of the over 50s, etc, not a single voter under 40, etc, etc, etc'.
  • Options

Current entrants: Lib Dems for Vauxhall, Conservatives for Bolsover, Greens for Isle of Wight (thanks @volcanopete), independent for Devon East. Labour seem more muted this time.
  • Options

Yes. I fell foul of that on a visit to Newcastle in the 90s. Given a half pint with my bottle and I was like wtf is that for? I believe they spotted I was even south of being a mackem.
  • Options
    Sounds like Ipsos-MORI have an unexceptional final poll coming out. :

https://twitter.com/benatipsosmori/status/872751241167859712
  • Options
    We don't have youth votes bringing extra turnout in rural NI. We go the other way and ensure our dead turn out.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926

Current entrants: Lib Dems for Vauxhall, Conservatives for Bolsover, Greens for Isle of Wight (thanks @volcanopete), independent for Devon East. Labour seem more muted this time.
    If nothing has truly changed from the locals then the Tories SHOULD gain Blyth Valley. That is the acid test.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059

I've got that bet on a Tory win somewhere in NI at 500-1....
  • Options

Con gain Bolsover
  • Options
    CynosargesCynosarges Posts: 44
    FWIW, my prediction

CON 46%, 358 (+27)
    LAB 35%, 215 (-17)
    LD 7%, 5 (-3)
    SNP 43%, 50 (-6)
    PC 12%, 3
    UKIP 4%, 0 (-1)
    GN 3%, 1
    Ulster 17
    Speaker 1

The party claims:

May wins, "increasing vote by 7% and quintupling majority"
    Corbyn "increased vote by 4%, and 'held the line'" (Corbyn's Svengali, Seamus Milne, wouldn't let Corbyn resign, even if Labour's vote fell into single figures. This is the closest Milne has ever got to real power, and he will keep hold of it to his last breath)
    Farron disappears into the ranks of forgotton politicians, so there's no leader to come up with an excuse.

The reality.

Tories happy - a healthy majority, and Momentum will keep the Corbyn albatross round Labour's neck.
    Labour left happy - Corbyn safe, so five years to change Labour's constitution to the left's advantage.
    Labour moderates unhappy - five years of internal fighting ahead.
    Libdems unhappy - jokes about the MPs fitting into a taxi abound, and worried about jokes about phone boxes after the following election.
  • Options
    I like that some of the predictions have really huge Tory majorities and are positive for the LDs, and others are huge Tory majorities but really negative for the LDs. Some very different assumptions behind some superficially similar predictions.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,995

Ms. Apocalypse, wasn't impressed with Trudeau's comments when Fidel Castro snuffed it.

Give him a break, it was his dad.
  • Options

jonny83 said:

Rave session?

What is this 1996?
    For Corbynites it is 1976 - just read the manifesto
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,733

I know that I shouldn't say this as a candidate, and obviously all our candidates are fighting hard for every vote, but I'm not going be claiming "Potential Pirate Gain"
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,983
    edited June 2017

Yes. I fell foul of that on a visit to Newcastle in the 90s. Given a half pint with my bottle and I was like wtf is that for? I believe they spotted I was even south of being a mackem.
    Not when I was a student in mackem land around 1960!

TBH I don’t think the pub the students drank in HAD half-pint glasses.
  • Options

At the time of peak Tory surge I kind of hoped that would happen, just so politics there could be a little more connected to over here.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Scott_P said:
    Scott's calling if for the Cons - he's back on the GO fluffing.
  • Options
    NemtynakhtNemtynakht Posts: 2,311

I don’t currently bet and I’m not nearly as interested in the details of politics as many of the people on this site. Nonetheless, I occasionally visit because comments here are often more astute than most paid media political columnists can manage. Also funnier.

Which brings up the obvious question – the Mrs Merton question: “So Jeremy Corbyn (admirer of Lenin and Trotsky), John McDonnell (Marxist) and Seamus Milne (Stalinist), why would you put forward a manifesto filled with bribes to get as many people as possible to vote for you which you’ll never have a chance to put into practice because you’ll have no money, the economy will be in ruins, leading to civil disorder and a state of emergency in which the government will assume draconian powers, future elections will be cancelled and opposition will be outlawed, leaving you in power indefinitely? No, no don’t tell me...I’ll get it in a minute...um...oh...ah...now I get it...damn”

Many people will vote Labour with good intentions. But I’m struggling to find a metaphor in which someone shoots themselves and their family and friends in the head with good intentions. Corbyn et al have made clear their intentions throughout their political careers. Over the years I’ve voted Tory, Labour and none-of-the above. Usually I’ve thought it didn’t matter a great deal one way or another. This time it does. If you vote Labour and Corbyn forms a government, there’s a good chance you’ll regret it. “Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But soon. And for the rest of your life”.

Welcome Cassandra to former lurkerdom. I have to agree the comments on here are very funny. My favourite comedian in the snp parody MalcolmG.

I have tried to point out the inanity of the Labour costings but it should be obvious for anyone with more than two brain cells. I am also sick of my friends calling me heartless because I think capitalism works. The level of whataboutery I get regarding a specific person in a specific situation drives me around the bend - as does the idea that some Governmental system will be able to solve everyone's problems.
  • Options

Anecdote time. My parents have had 5 pieces of communication from the blues, they are in the suburban bit of Norwich South. Also had a visit from the Tory candidate who they say is a lovely woman who reported vandalism to her placards etc.
    Consequently I am of the impression there is a much much stronger shy Tory vote than I had assumed. The antagonistic approach from momentumers is driving, I think, numbers quietly for blue.
    Not me, I might add. I'm immune to such things ;)

The Lib Dem sign that I put up in my garden was totally destroyed after a few days. And not by drunks or kids either. It happened in the afternoon while I popped out for 1/2 an hour (I work from home), as though someone was waiting for the opportunity. A bit creepy, really.
  • Options
    Lennon said:

I know that I shouldn't say this as a candidate, and obviously all our candidates are fighting hard for every vote, but I'm not going be claiming "Potential Pirate Gain"
    You could still come through the middle ;)
  • Options

Saving deposit would be a win for NI Cons!
  • Options
    Lennon said:

Will you be able to work out which way Vauxhall is going ?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

At the time of peak Tory surge I kind of hoped that would happen, just so politics there could be a little more connected to over here.
    I would be overjoyed if any major GB party started to gain seats in NI.
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,715
    Fun quiz by the Beeb, How well do you know your constituency?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39952365
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    Weather is bad out there today.
  • Options

Not when I was a student in mackem land around 1960!

TBH I don’t think the pub the students drank in HAD half-pint glasses.
    It was the traditional method apparently, the bottle label used to Bart on about it.
    I was a menace on the old dog.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

kle4 said:

I would be overjoyed if any major GB party started to gain seats in NI.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Afraid my polling station will tell you almost nothing even about FST. I'm in a very Nationalist area and Protestant turnout will approach 100 per cent of not many. Guess a huge overall turnout will suggest a SF win but as it all comes down to SDLP vote even that not massive sign.
  • Options

Anecdote time. My parents have had 5 pieces of communication from the blues, they are in the suburban bit of Norwich South. Also had a visit from the Tory candidate who they say is a lovely woman who reported vandalism to her placards etc.
    Consequently I am of the impression there is a much much stronger shy Tory vote than I had assumed. The antagonistic approach from momentumers is driving, I think, numbers quietly for blue.
    Not me, I might add. I'm immune to such things ;)

The Lib Dem sign that I put up in my garden was totally destroyed after a few days. And not by drunks or kids either. It happened in the afternoon while I popped out for 1/2 an hour (I work from home), as though someone was waiting for the opportunity. A bit creepy, really.
    It's sickening whatever way it happens. Hangover of rotten boroughs and voter intimidation.
  • Options
    nichomarnichomar Posts: 7,483
    kle4 said:

I like that some of the predictions have really huge Tory majorities and are positive for the LDs, and others are huge Tory majorities but really negative for the LDs. Some very different assumptions behind some superficially similar predictions.

I think the low levels of lib dem seats predictions are from some of the people who have a history in this area!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    kle4 said:

I think the Alliance is v good for NI politics, and also Mike Nesbitt from the UUP and the SDLP are healthy compared to the DUP/Sinn Fein.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    TGOHF said:

Scott's calling if for the Cons

I see you started drinking early

Slainte
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

hts://twitter.com/psbook/status/872752528085196801

Their comments and perceptions are irrelevant unless they are true, in fact if they are wrong them thinking that would be to our advantage.

• Options

kle4 said:

Ishmael_Z said:

kle4 said:

What problem does voting online solve? It's not hard to get to a polling station, and if it is for some reason, we have postal votes and proxy votes.

Did a yougov poll a few weeks back asking about it, and how much more likely to vote I would be if I could do it online. Since I'd vote anyway I said no more likely, but even some say they would be more likely, as I say it's not hard now.

Counting would be quicker, but is the speed of the count a problem that needs solving?

Assuming it would be secure, usher current system so insecure it needs ditching?

I am pretty certain it would bring turnout into line across all age groups - i.e. the young would vote. You can say (if you are happy with the end result which is bad for Lab/good for con) that if they can't be arsed to walk for 5 minutes in the rain they don't deserve a vote, but that's hard to justify - universal suffrage is what it says it is, and laziness is no more a disqualification than is being white working class with no degree (despite the secret view of the Remainers).
    The end result is immaterial to me. If someone chooses to be lazy that is their choice, we have seen young people can and do turnout when they want to, and they used to, so the method of voting is demonstrably not the problem. It's people not wanting to vote. That's what needs addressing, making young people want to vote. Corbyn may well show that can be addressed.
    If the publishing industry sells fewer books, publishers would be laughed out of town if they suggested making buying books compulsory. They would rightly be told to make the product more attractive.
    Although buying the BBC is compulsory.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,983
    edited June 2017
    Lennon said:

Reykjavik South?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115
    Lennon said:

But if it is mighty close, you could have influenced the outcome.

Can I just say, thank you to all the candidates who are standing - especially the ones who know they are going to lose. Democracy really wouldn't work without you.
  • Options
    Member of another forum I frequent had to queue for 25 minutes in Chelsea and Fulham to vote.
  • Options

Can you just give me the money? I have been a Tory member most of my adult life and don't vote NI Con. Even when telling MPs who visit they agree it's a waste of time. Off the record.
  • Options

I was in the low 60s 'You know your neck of the woods'
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Alistair said:

Member of another forum I frequent had to queue for 25 minutes in Chelsea and Fulham to vote.

Wait, there are other forums?
  • Options

Can you just give me the money? I have been a Tory member most of my adult life and don't vote NI Con. Even when telling MPs who visit they agree it's a waste of time. Off the record.
    It was a free bet with a bookie.... lord knows what made me do it. Someone on here led me astray I think...
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Hands majority will fall, but he'll hold on.
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662

Haven't we heard rumours that Labour think Morley and Outwood is in play? Sorry, that's the best I can manage...
  • Options
    mwadamsmwadams Posts: 3,140

kle4 said:

Ishmael_Z said:

kle4 said:

What problem does voting online solve? It's not hard to get to a polling station, and if it is for some reason, we have postal votes and proxy votes.

Did a yougov poll a few weeks back asking about it, and how much more likely to vote I would be if I could do it online. Since I'd vote anyway I said no more likely, but even some say they would be more likely, as I say it's not hard now.

Counting would be quicker, but is the speed of the count a problem that needs solving?

Assuming it would be secure, usher current system so insecure it needs ditching?

I am pretty certain it would bring turnout into line across all age groups - i.e. the young would vote. You can say (if you are happy with the end result which is bad for Lab/good for con) that if they can't be arsed to walk for 5 minutes in the rain they don't deserve a vote, but that's hard to justify - universal suffrage is what it says it is, and laziness is no more a disqualification than is being white working class with no degree (despite the secret view of the Remainers).
    The end result is immaterial to me. If someone chooses to be lazy that is their choice, we have seen young people can and do turnout when they want to, and they used to, so the method of voting is demonstrably not the problem. It's people not wanting to vote. That's what needs addressing, making young people want to vote. Corbyn may well show that can be addressed.
    If the publishing industry sells fewer books, publishers would be laughed out of town if they suggested making buying books compulsory. They would rightly be told to make the product more attractive.
    Although buying the BBC is compulsory.
    Only if you consume it. I happen to buy a TV license because I consume the BBC "as live" through iPlayer, but our TV is connected to the internet and nothing else (no cable, no satellite). I also pay for Netflix and Amazon which are our primary sources of televisual entertainment. They are slightly more expensive than what I think of as my iPlayer subscription.
  • Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019

:( not very well 33
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Hell of a rush, and/or bad management - in my seat turnout is usually over 70%, which is pretty good, and I've never seen more than 3-4 people in there when I vote in the mornings; I guess a lot of early risers in Chelsea!
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Alistair said:

Doesn't sound plausible.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414
    kle4 said:

I got a shamefully low score. I blame the fact that I massively overestimated the average age of the constituents based on the people I saw at my local polling station this morning!
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    That would be a fantastic result, plus with any luck the surges will be in different areas (Lab in Glasgow, Con in the rural areas).
  • Options

Labour to gain Canterbury. Which would prove YouGov correct.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

Alistair said:

Doesn't sound plausible.
    #fakeforums
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

#voted

#busy

#notasbusyasbrexit

#butbusy

• Options
    TudorRose said:

Haven't we heard rumours that Labour think Morley and Outwood is in play? Sorry, that's the best I can manage...
    Canterbury for Labour, surely.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,115

Were. Slightly less so after the campaign....
  • Options

It was a free bet with a bookie.... lord knows what made me do it. Someone on here led me astray I think...
    Still as not a bad bet as backing Spurs fan Tracey Crouch as next Tory leader.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Eh? ....... That wasn't YouGov's final forecast last night!
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977
    Polling station was virtually dead here in woking. Saying that, a super safe seat.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Alistair said:

It's the forum that resulted in Vanilla being written when they needed a custom solution for their forum volume.

Which is a bigger as when Vanilla has bad times both of my favourite forums are innacessible.
  • Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506

jonny83 said:

Mr Clown was first in at 7am I voted on the way back from the school run. Judging by my voting slip number I would say early voting is up on previous elections.

Former MP was just leaving the polling station when I drove past so didn't get the chance to ask how he felt it was going.

For what it's worth the BMG poll is about where I think the polling will end up. I think Cons will be substantially up. I'm thinking a majority of 80-90, partly because of gains in Scotland. I think it will be a mixed bag for the LibDems with one or two good gains but overall no move into double figures. Hope Norman Lamb keeps his seat.
    Do we all hope Norman Lamb keeps his seat in Norfolk?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Politics over there is connected to something like 1867. I knew people who still rabbited on about the Portadown Massacre in 1633
  • Options

jonny83 said:

Do we all hope Norman Lamb keeps his seat in Norfolk?
    I wouldn't be annoyed if all that was left was Clegg and Lamb.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Alistair said:

Where was it originally published?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    Blue_rog said:

:( not very well 33
    I got 56 which I'm quite pleased with.
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    I don't know how Corbyns got away with this in this GE campaign
    https://order-order.com/2017/06/08/100-times-jeremy-corbyn-sided-terrorists/
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,291
    Just returned home from Asda and their newspaper display is awful for Corbyn with the sun, mail and express front pages dominating. Lots of people taking the sun and some the mail but a student type picked up the sun and returned it sports page up. Really funny and after he had gone I did my duty by putting it back front page up
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    Scott_P said:
    The gathering pace of the Nat's collapse is startling.
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,810
    Voted LD, just couldn't bring myself to contribute to Corbyn's national percentage in a pretty safe Labour seat. Even last night's mailshot, which was a very targeted pitch to me, ("an unashamedly centre ground politician") did not go far enough to change my mind - it needed to be the full John Woodcock for me to consider it.

I had considered the Tories for the full purgative pyrrhic effect that might have brought down on Corbyn had they sneaked Huddersfield on the back of a 150 majority landslide, but having spent a lot of my last 3 months witnessing the effect of the NHS meltdown on my father's treatment, the gag reflex was just too strong.

The irony is that a Tory majority above 30 but below humongous serves no purpose at all for me - neither keeps Brexit honest nor slays Corbyn, but my vote sees me fall between those stools.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,329

Con gain Bolsover
    Con Gain Slough/Bolsover, Labour Gain Canterbury/K&C/Barnet/Battersea. LD gain Cheltenham/ Solihull / Guildford.
  • Options
    BannedInParisBannedInParis Posts: 2,191
    kle4 said:

misread one question so went for 1 - x rather than x.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190

Polling station was virtually dead here in woking. Saying that, a super safe seat.

That's my seat, where about's is your station?
  • Options
    edited June 2017

kle4 said:

Politics over there is connected to something like 1867. I knew people who still rabbited on about the Portadown Massacre in 1633
    Well of course! - massacres (or reports of them) in Ireland later led to a hardening of opposition in the Long Parliament which led to widespread civil war*. 1633 is earlier than I realised though.

*I know it is much much more complicated, I'm just joking
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

The irony is that a Tory majority above 30 but below humongous serves no purpose at all for me - neither keeps Brexit honest nor slays Corbyn, but my vote sees me fall between those stools.

It's a rough lot to get, sadly.
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    Britain Elects now cast has its final predictions up.SNP -13 so despite an increasing Labour vote,the Tories could be set for a very good night.I think you may have to go back to so much blue on a map to the 1950s.It's a terrifying sight.
  • Options
    Bobajob_PBBobajob_PB Posts: 928

I like my new profile picture.

I can't change mine. I'm stuck with this horrible yellow and green thing. Before you ask, yes, I have changed my username again – this is because bobajobPB has been unable to post since the weekend, for no good reason at all. Vanilla is just weird.
    Just so you know....Every week, Vanilla poll its users, asking "Who would you like us to block this week?" For some reason, your name keeps coming top of the poll.....
    Charming. Thanks Mark!
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,653

One more for the list (comes with v clever interactive zoomable map):

http://principalfish.co.uk/electionmaps/

Con: 350
    Lab: 224
    Lib: 8
    SNP: 45

Con Maj 50
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

Just returned home from Asda and their newspaper display is awful for Corbyn with the sun, mail and express front pages dominating. Lots of people taking the sun and some the mail but a student type picked up the sun and returned it sports page up. Really funny and after he had gone I did my duty by putting it back front page up

:)
This discussion has been closed.