Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tonight’s polls range from ComRes 12% CON lead to Survation’s

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited June 2017
    SAS...I presume that haven't been told by Tessie to worry about shoot to kill.

https://twitter.com/DJack_Journo/status/871144332849491968
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,009
    Pulpstar said:
    Certainly if it is Trump v Warren no contest
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Chameleon said:

LucyJones said:

RobD said:

BBC reporting one eyewitness saying one man had canisters around his waist....

I wondered if that was what the purple suits business was about. Pure speculation on my part.

Could be. Chemical attack.
    It's sophisticated by the looks of it, but chemical attacks would be a new frontier for terrorists.
    A mass casualty chemical attack would be a whole new ball game
  • Options
    ManchesterKurtManchesterKurt Posts: 896
    edited June 2017
    camel said:

Terrifying clip on Sky in a trendy looking bar, all the people being to lie down by the police. Sky apologising for having the word c**t at the end of the clip. Frankly at 00:40, watching on a rolling news the most shocking footage, I doubt anyone is going to be calling Ofcom about the bad language.

I hope no posters have any children likely to be out in the area tonight. Worrying times.

Wheatshef I think
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    Floater said:

Chameleon said:

LucyJones said:

RobD said:

I wondered if that was what the purple suits business was about. Pure speculation on my part.

It's sophisticated by the looks of it, but chemical attacks would be a new frontier for terrorists.
    Yeah, that would be utterly terrible.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    RobD said:

twitter.com/robholley/status/871145847383351296

Everyone should have a G&T right now. :)
    I am on the Jim Beam
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Not to trivialise all this but when I went to see Depeche Mode at the Bridgehouse in Canning Town many moons ago, it was at least as risky as some of the stuff that has happened this evening.

Listen to yourself. "Depeche Mode as dangerous as ISIS"

Do yourself a favour and go to sleep you doddery, incontinent old cretin.
    Stop panicking Sean - this is the world we live in and you need to understand what is happening.
    Yes, people re killing us for who we are and how we live. And you are accepting that as "the world we live in". Passive, docile, accepting. FFS
    You utter, utter dickhead. While you work out whether I am or am not accepting it, please tell me what your master plan is to stop it all, short of you locking yourself up in your bedroom with Teddy?
    End all Islamic immigration tomorrow. Close all the mosques, ban the burka, ban halal meat production and importation, ban all Muslim schools private and state, cut all aid funding to Islamic countries that fund hate preachers. That's a start.
    Which school of Islam is the most problematical ?

Saudi Salafism?
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    Chameleon said:

'Jamie, a witness who was in a restaurant near London Bridge, told the Press Association: "We were in the Black and Blue restaurant, we heard a fight and everyone got up and everyone rushed out of the restaurant and we heard a massive, massive bang.' Sky news.

Canisters a form of distraction grande maybe?

Shit, been in Black & Blue many a time. Love a steak.

Cnuts.
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    So Vauxhall incident isn't closed?
  • Options
    RhubarbRhubarb Posts: 359
    They'll never out drink us.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,311
    SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Not to trivialise all this but when I went to see Depeche Mode at the Bridgehouse in Canning Town many moons ago, it was at least as risky as some of the stuff that has happened this evening.

Stop panicking Sean - this is the world we live in and you need to understand what is happening.
    What's happening is that there is a fifth column of Islamists living in the UK and you are happy to turn a blind eye so as not to cause community tension or whatever.
    Um no. I am saying that there are and have been many threats throughout the ages to us in the UK and we have coped without panicking like a little girl like Sean, or running away to a neutral country like a pussy.

You've always been an appeaser of terror, and a traitor on Europe. So no change there, then.

Are you actually British?
    Sean you are very funny when you are scared like a girl.
    Traitor and appeaser. Own it, and be happy. That's what you are.
    I appreciate you are lashing out. It is perfectly understandable.
    No. I calmly and lucidly believe this is what you are. Because it is the case. You've appeased Islamism for years, on this site. You're loathsome. There it is. Sleep well.
    Sean it's important that you have a narrative that assuages your panic. And I am happy to be the foil for you.

You are so very far away from any insight or understanding of what is happening right now that I am also happy that you vent on PB to make yourself feel less shit-scared.
  • Options
    jonny83jonny83 Posts: 1,261
    edited June 2017
    No updates for a long time, SAS now on the streets.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I'll say it. Diane Abbott could be Home sec in 6 days.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886
    edited June 2017
    Floater said:

Chameleon said:

LucyJones said:

RobD said:

Borough Market would be a weird choice to test out a chemical attack. However given that the intelligence community had no heads up makes it seem that they are relatively sophisticated so therefore a chemical attack wouldn't be completely unrealistic, but a football match or train station at rush hour would be a much more effective target - unless of course this was a trial run of the weapon.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    Pulpstar said:

AndyJS said:

MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

What's happening is that there is a fifth column of Islamists living in the UK and you are happy to turn a blind eye so as not to cause community tension or whatever.
    Melanie Phillip's book Londonistan explains how it happened. In the 1990s the British security forces decided to turn a blind eye to Islamists as long as they didn't carry out any attacks on British soil. It was okay as a short-term strategy but disastrous in the long-term.
    Blimey. Dereliction of duty that
    It was the same thing the Belgians did in Brussels for a long time. We actively took in these bastards as political asylum seekers who were claiming to be persecuted by secular dictators in the Middle East. It was a completely suicidal policy and was only reversed late in the day by Blair.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Pulpstar said:

Or maybe not.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Horrific eye witness account, now, on BBC.

They're just calmly cutting our throats in the centre of our capital. This is beyond unsustainable.

You say that - but we will do precisely fuck all
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Just to reiterate at this stage, there are no reports of a chemical attack other than mentions of assailants wearing "canisters", which could mean anything.
  • Options
    CyanCyan Posts: 1,262
    edited June 2017
    isam said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Fifth columnists -a great description of what they are.
    Copyright N Farage after Charlie Hebdo
    I looked it up to find out whether Nigel Farage meant those who on the surface are non-jihadist Muslims, secular leftists, civil libertarians, or whatever, while really they are committed to and actively furthering the cause of jihad - which would be a justified use of the term "fifth column" - but no, the racist wally meant "people from other cultures (who) remain within those cultures and (do) not integrate fully within our communities [sic]". So the chap I met who works as a driving instructor and who is a Hindu and who didn't know when Good Friday was (but asked me and we talked about different religious holidays) must ipso facto be a "fifth columnist"? Fuck you, Farage!
  • Options
    Floater said:

MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Yes, people re killing us for who we are and how we live. And you are accepting that as "the world we live in". Passive, docile, accepting. FFS
    You utter, utter dickhead. While you work out whether I am or am not accepting it, please tell me what your master plan is to stop it all, short of you locking yourself up in your bedroom with Teddy?
    End all Islamic immigration tomorrow. Close all the mosques, ban the burka, ban halal meat production and importation, ban all Muslim schools private and state, cut all aid funding to Islamic countries that fund hate preachers. That's a start.

Saudi Salafism?
    Wahabism and salafism. But there are loads of others and no form of Islam values men and women equally, it ranges from around a third all the way down to 1/40th depending on the sect. The value of infidels/unbelievers is also something that needs to be addressed.
  • Options
    The cordon has a radius of about a km apparently. Can't see how that is small enough to be an actual cordon. Police cars still racing around with blues and sirens on.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    That preacher guy was spouting hatred outside Finsbury Park Mosque for about 15 years and we didn't do anything about it. Obviously we hoped it would burn itself out but that proved to be the wrong approach.
  • Options
    spire2spire2 Posts: 183
    It certainly looks like this is a more serious incident than the Westminster attack. There wouldn't be this lockdown for a lone nutter
  • Options
    Ship @SeanT, @FattyBolger, and @MaxPB over there to get all Corporal Jones on it again.

(Max will need to get an early flight in).
  • Options
    Borough Market & London Bridge are now terrorist attacks. Vauxhall was 'just' an unrelated stabbing.
  • Options
    OK, so they aren't marauding around..
  • Options
    MimusMimus Posts: 56
    HYUFD said:

Mimus said:

RobD said:

TMay now one Churchillian speech away from a landside..

She does these moments well, but it didn't budge the polls last time, so doubt it will this time.
    She looked absolutely livid after Manchester. She will want to react, but might leave the substance until after the election.
    We need action not words, people want a tough crackdown, they certainly won't get it from Corbyn but they want to get it from May but haven't yet, it was telling that the only applause for Nuttall in last week's debate was when he said passports should be confiscated from those travelling to Libya and Syria, polls show strong support for that
    HYUFD said:

Mimus said:

RobD said:

She does these moments well, but it didn't budge the polls last time, so doubt it will this time.
    She looked absolutely livid after Manchester. She will want to react, but might leave the substance until after the election.
    We need action not words, people want a tough crackdown, they certainly won't get it from Corbyn but they want to get it from May but haven't yet, it was telling that the only applause for Nuttall in last week's debate was when he said passports should be confiscated from those travelling to Libya and Syria, polls show strong support for that
    By Tuesday she may be getting questions from Michael Crick about a Trumpian travel ban.

But if she raises the terror threat level tomorrow, there will be accusations (again) of politicising the incident.

As PM, she has 4 days of pretty heavy security shit to get through, then an election to win in a calm manner. After that she can't act as she sees fit. I think in her heart she would like to see heads on spikes.
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    Chameleon said:

Borough Market & London Bridge are now terrorist attacks. Vauxhall was 'just' an unrelated stabbing.

Ten a penny in South West London these days.
  • Options
    Maybe the Manchester terror cell wasn't totally tracked down , as some feared. This is a very similar timeframe to the second spate of attacks that I think were attempted 10 days beyond 7/7, but seeming to be much more serious.
  • Options
    Met Police:

'Pls continue to avoid #LondonBridge #BoroughMarket to allow the emergency services to deal with the ongoing incidents'

'Ongoing' being the key word.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Floater said:

MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Saudi Salafism?
    Wahabism and salafism. But there are loads of others and no form of Islam values men and women equally, it ranges from around a third all the way down to 1/40th depending on the sect. The value of infidels/unbelievers is also something that needs to be addressed.
    You really had better have a look at what some Judaists believe about gentiles while you're about it.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

The cordon has a radius of about a km apparently. Can't see how that is small enough to be an actual cordon. Police cars still racing around with blues and sirens on.

There is a lot of confusion atm. The key is to go firm at any particular point and then work inwards or outwards from there. They don't know whether the attackers are in or out of the cordon but the perimeter will be a demarcation point they can work from.
  • Options
    Chameleon said:

Met Police:

'Pls continue to avoid #LondonBridge #BoroughMarket to allow the emergency services to deal with the ongoing incidents'

'Ongoing' being the key word.

Well I doubt the got the SAS out of bed for nothing.
  • Options
    RobD said:
    Well if they were then at lest we'd be likely to catch all of them, seems like one has slipped away.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    edited June 2017
    Cyan said:

isam said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

I looked it up to find out whether Nigel Farage meant those who on the surface are non-jihadist Muslims, secular leftists, civil libertarians, or whatever, while really they are committed to and actively furthering the cause of jihad - which would be a justified use of the term "fifth column" - but no, the racist wally meant "people from other cultures (who) remain within those cultures and (do) not integrate fully within our communities [sic]". So the chap I met who works as a driving instructor and who is a Hindu and who didn't know when Good Friday was (but asked me and we talked about different religious holidays) must ipso facto be a "fifth columnist"? Fuck you, Farage!
    Yeah when Farage referenced Rotherham sex attacks and specifically mentioned Islam he was talking about the figment of your imagination that is a Hindu driving instructor :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Still okay to post election stuff?

"Youth vote surges . . . in safe Labour seats"
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/youth-vote-surges-in-safelabour-seats-0ncpvp7cw
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,472
    Norstat poll for The Sunday Express

Con 39 (-3) Lab 35 (+9) LD 8 (-2) UKIP 6 (-2)

Changes since April
  • Options
    Mimus said:

HYUFD said:

Mimus said:

RobD said:

HYUFD said:

Mimus said:

RobD said:

But if she raises the terror threat level tomorrow, there will be accusations (again) of politicising the incident.

She cannot take that into account. She is the PM and should, and would I little doubt, do what is best for security, not the election campaign. If someone wants to claim what she is or is not doing is down to the election, then fcuk 'em.
  • Options
    Unless the Met say they have got them you have to assume they are still on the run.
  • Options

Changes since April

Lowest Con figure in ages.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Just to reiterate at this stage, there are no reports of a chemical attack other than mentions of assailants wearing "canisters", which could mean anything.

Canisters could be more ammo, just to scare, who the F knows
    Loud bangs were reported, so could be sound grenade thingies meant to cause chaos to make the attacks easier.
  • Options
    Tony_MTony_M Posts: 70
    MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Yup

• Options

Changes since April

Tories sub 40...if that happens they are totally f##ked.
  • Options
    FattyBolgerFattyBolger Posts: 299
    TOPPING said:

Ship @SeanT, @FattyBolger, and @MaxPB over there to get all Corporal Jones on it again.

Hilarious comedic reference. Well done. Very smart.

How many dead? And why?
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Floater said:

MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Saudi Salafism?
    Yep - us kufirs are just cattle
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Cyan said:

SeanT said:

Floater said:

ab195 said:

I've had enough. It's time to stop this.

You cant even talk about it let alone stop it
    Nuttall actually got BOOED on the Leaders' Debate for merely mentioning that Manchester was a result of "Islamist Extremism".

He didn't say "Islam", he said "Islamist Extremism", and that basic and irrefutable fact was deemed unacceptable by the vile, hectoring lefty audience

Scum.
    I find it utterly bizarre that the left refute the use of the 'i' word in these situations. In fact, are apppalled when it is brought up.

It IS Islamist. That in no way denigrates peaceful followers of Islam, which we know are the vast majority of practitioners in this country. But it is absolutely true that there is an extremist strain of this religion. That is beyond doubt, but it is not a smear on the wider Muslim community.

I am depressed that we even need to be discussing those semantics.
    "Islamist" is a stupid word, and the "moderate" to "extreme" spectrum is confusing. What is an "extreme" Christian, Jew, or Zoroastrian? Does anyone actually see themselves as an "extreme" or "moderate" follower of any of those religions? People are more likely to see themselves as preferring to mix only with members of their own religion, or as not wanting to do that, or as believing that others aren't literalist enough in their observance, or are too literalist. A much more appropriate word is "jihadist". I don't like having to deal with semantics in this context either, but it's necessary, because words have power.

Actually I think extremist is the perfect description, it is very different to fundamentalist. Everyone who belives in something should belive in it fundamentally however you should not take any belief to extremes as by definition you are coming up against the boundries and the extremes of the belief system. You are therefore an extremist.

For example a socialist should belive a fundamental tenet of their belief system is redistribution, they are a fundamentalist if they believe this,and there is nothing wrong with being a fundamentalist. however if they then go beyond this and say for example they want redistribution or death that obviously is not a fundamental part of socialism and would be going out of the boundaries of socialism. They would be an extremist socialist.
  • Options
    Cyan said:

MaxPB said:

Floater said:

MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Saudi Salafism?
    You really had better have a look at what some Judaists believe about gentiles while you're about it.
    I know, but there aren't any Rabbis out there urging young Jews to kill us all because we're infidels and deserve to die. So I'll live and let live, plus Jewish people are very highly integrated into British society, for the most part and those that aren't are extremely peaceful and friendly.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Pulpstar said:

AndyJS said:

MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Melanie Phillip's book Londonistan explains how it happened. In the 1990s the British security forces decided to turn a blind eye to Islamists as long as they didn't carry out any attacks on British soil. It was okay as a short-term strategy but disastrous in the long-term.
    Blimey. Dereliction of duty that
    It was the same thing the Belgians did in Brussels for a long time. We actively took in these bastards as political asylum seekers who were claiming to be persecuted by secular dictators in the Middle East. It was a completely suicidal policy and was only reversed late in the day by Blair.
    Mutti Merkel is truly a world class imbecile
  • Options
    LucyJonesLucyJones Posts: 651
    Thank goodness the Vauxhall incident is not terrorist related.

I imagine the perpetrator got one hell of a shock when he saw the size of the police response!
  • Options
    Rhubarb said:

They'll never out drink us.
    Best of Britain
  • Options
    LucyJones said:

Thank goodness the Vauxhall incident is not terrorist related.

I imagine the perpetrator got one hell of a shock when he saw the size of the police response!

lol, quite :D
  • Options
    Should stress that Norstat aren't BPC, and they still haven't released the tables for their April poll.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Canisters could be more ammo, just to scare, who the F knows
    Could be to cause more carnage and explosions if they get shot by police.
  • Options

SAS...I presume that haven't been told by Tessie to worry about shoot to kill.

https://twitter.com/DJack_Journo/status/871144332849491968

Jezza will be very dissapointed
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830

Changes since April

Yeah, and it's obviously an outlier given that even YouGov have shown the Tory share 40+. Put in the Angus Reid file.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Is it just me or does the SAS helicopter look like they bought AirWolf? Do they have a KnightRider as their car?
  • Options

Changes since April

Don't worry it's all over
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

No fucking way
  • Options

Changes since April

Kippers won't get 6
  • Options

Is it just me or does the SAS helicopter look like they bought AirWolf? Do they have a KnightRider as their car?

I'm not sure that is an SAS helicopter.

It looks a lot like one of the Met copters.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    isam said:

Changes since April

Until I hear DimbleBore depressingly say the BBC Exit Poll predicts a Tory majority of 100...I am shitting it. I like Canada a lot....to visit...
  • Options
    SaltireSaltire Posts: 525

Changes since April

That leaves 12 for others which seems rather unlikely
  • Options

TOPPING said:

How many dead? And why?
    Listen, Fatty, we are all trying to assess and process what has happened and is happening. My aim is both to give my views on that, and also to place it in context. Perhaps you are a spotty nineteen-yr old. Perhaps you are collecting your WFA. We as a nation have faced threats before, the most notable one being that from PIRA over the past decades. We coped at that time, and harsh as it is to say, it is a bunch of guys stabbing a bunch of people and horrific as it is, it is no Mumbai, nor Warrington, nor Harrods.

You, together with others on here, seem to be terrorised by it and I understand your response, it is natural for someone new to it all. I am trying to rationalise and contextualise it, to help you gain control of your emotions.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,951
    SeanT said:

Declared terror incidents

I'm amazed Richard Tyndall got it wrong. He's normally so sharp on this shit.

Not really been paying attention to any media at all this evening until I asked my first question well after it had all kicked off. And since I had no clue what was going on I didn't see any point jumping to conclusions.

Not sure how normal I am but I use PB almost exclusively as my first port of call for news these days since the rest of the media is such garbage.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

The Verified journo said it was the SAS arriving. Do they not have their own transportation?
  • Options
    Saltire said:

Changes since April

12% shy tories? :smiley:
  • Options
    camelcamel Posts: 815
    MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Of all the potential counter-terrorism strategies that may be discussed at tomorrows COBRA meeting, I'm guessing banning the importation of halal meat will not make the top five.
  • Options

isam said:

Changes since April

Until I hear DimbleBore depressingly say the BBC Exit Poll predicts a Tory majority of 100...I am shitting it. I like Canada a lot....to visit...
    The idea that terrorist sympathisers and Britain hating communists could be in charge of the country in a week is making me extremely uncomfortable right now. I guess we all just have to trust that when people go to the ballot box they will know what to do.
  • Options

SeanT said:

Not really been paying attention to any media at all this evening until I asked my first question well after it had all kicked off. And since I had no clue what was going on I didn't see any point jumping to conclusions.

Not sure how normal I am but I use PB almost exclusively as my first port of call for news these days since the rest of the media is such garbage.
    PB is usually a pretty good aggregator at times like these.
  • Options
    chloechloe Posts: 308
    Floater said:

Pulpstar said:

No fucking way
    What a terrible prospect that would be
  • Options
    FattyBolgerFattyBolger Posts: 299
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

How many dead? And why?
    Listen, Fatty, we are all trying to assess and process what has happened and is happening. My aim is both to give my views on that, and also to place it in context. Perhaps you are a spotty nineteen-yr old. Perhaps you are collecting your WFA. We as a nation have faced threats before, the most notable one being that from PIRA over the past decades. We coped at that time, and harsh as it is to say, it is a bunch of guys stabbing a bunch of people and horrific as it is, it is no Mumbai, nor Warrington, nor Harrods.

You, together with others on here, seem to be terrorised by it and I understand your response, it is natural for someone new to it all. I am trying to rationalise and contextualise it, to help you gain control of your emotions.
    Appeaser.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    Brom said:

The bar in the video is the crappy Katzenjammers German beer hall. Popular with hipsters.

The Sheaf next door is much better.

It also has two dartboards, I play there about 4 times a year. Last time I was there I left my umbrella behind.

So, yeah, this feels pretty immediate to me.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

isam said:

Changes since April

The idea that terrorist sympathisers and Britain hating communists could be in charge of the country in a week is making me extremely uncomfortable right now. I guess we all just have to trust that when people go to the ballot box they will know what to do.
    Thank god you don't actually live here.
  • Options

Changes since April

Con+LAB = 74. Others 26. Way out of line with other polls.
  • Options

The Verified journo said it was the SAS arriving. Do they not have their own transportation?
    They use the Eurocopter Dauphin and it sure looks like it.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    MaxPB said:

isam said:

Changes since April

I am genuinely bricking it. I am not joking. No fan of May, but no no no to the alternative. I wasn't stressing about Brown vs Cameron or Miliband vs Cameron. I thought Cameron was the better option (although I didn't vote for him), but I wasn't scared of a Miliband government.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

How many dead? And why?

Appeaser.
    child

Edit: so what would you do, General Kitson?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    isam said:

Cyan said:

isam said:

RobD said:

MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Yeah when Farage referenced Rotherham sex attacks and specifically mentioned Islam he was talking about the figment of your imagination that is a Hindu driving instructor :lol:
    Do you think I would make things up to support my argument? He's a real guy and why you think a Hindu driving instructor should be an imaginary entity I really don't know. Did you click on the link? Nigel Farage used "fifth column" the way I said he did, unless the Guardian badly misrepresented him by using their ellipsis to omit words showing otherwise. Also this was in response to Charlie Hebdo, not Rotherham. Perhaps Farage uses the phrase whenever he feels like it because he thinks it sounds good and makes him sound hard. Perhaps one minute his target is Moooslims and the next it's foreigners and the next it's non-whites or "multiculturalism". Re-read my post and you'll find out about a sensible way to use the term "fifth column", without reference to the babblings of some forgettable early 21st century British politician.
  • Options
    camel said:

MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

Of all the potential counter-terrorism strategies that may be discussed at tomorrows COBRA meeting, I'm guessing banning the importation of halal meat will not make the top five.
    I'd be surprised if it did! Halal meat is not a security threat, banning it would just be a tool used to reverse Islamic immigration. Those who are not comfortable eating non-halal will eventually have to leave, those who are probably aren't going to bomb, shoot or stab us.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    HYUFD said:

GeoffM said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Chameleon said:

Au contraire. People could think that her approach has failed.
    I doubt it will make much difference other than maybe seeing a slight shift of any white working class voters who have moved from the Tories to Labour back to the Tories and maybe boost UKIP's score a little. However clearly we need a tougher response, whether tagging all known extremists, a travel ban to and from Libya and Syria without special permission etc
    A travel ban is a no-brainer but look at the uproar when Trump tried to implement one. Liberals still set the agenda.
    Yet the polls in the US actually showed support for the travel ban, it was just the NYC and LA and DC liberal elite which loathed it, Trump's ban was imposed too clumsily ie why Iran and Yemen but not Saudi? However he did include Syria and Libya and it should be focused on those nations
    The justification of countries was based on the intelligence sharing levels. Some countries in the area were both competent and willing to share information on those getting aboard planes headed West and had adequate screening in place on their side for bombs/weapons.

Some were not. So the nature of the regime was largely irrelevant. It came down to whether the US believed that they knew everything about travellers incoming before they boarded.

Whether that's true or not is different - or whether you believe that which may be different again. But it does provide one reason why "why Iran and Yemen but not Saudi".
    Perhaps but a travel ban to Libya and Syria should now be beyond question
    agreed. Iraq aswell.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    chloe said:

Floater said:

Pulpstar said:

No fucking way
    To be fearful of the prospect it to be racist, according to Paul Mason. Muppet.
  • Options

Got to say, I'll be rather annoyed if the SAS don't have a smashing helicopter.

Am hugely heartened by reports of people locked down in pubs, drinking through it. Some US News channel has tweeted a map of the Vauxhall car plant in Luton instead of the tube station, which has also given us the opportunity to take the piss out of them. Small mercies.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

To be honest I saw another verified journo say he saw the SAS deployed to Manchester, but turned to be the NW counter terrorist police.

It is just so happens they wear the apparel of soldiers.

Years ago, one of my army buddies did an analysis saying where the SAS had been deployed in one year according to the media.

He said based on the media reports, the SAS was a division plus sized force (20,000 soliders) not a regiment of a couple of thousand troops.
  • Options

Am hugely heartened by reports of people locked down in pubs, drinking through it. Some US News channel has tweeted a map of the Vauxhall car plant in Luton instead of the tube station, which has also given us the opportunity to take the piss out of them. Small mercies.
    LOL at that second bit
  • Options
    SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

MaxPB said:

isam said:

Changes since April

Appeaser.
    That's it, Sean, let it out.

Asking you same as Fatty: what would you do?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

MaxPB said:

isam said:

Changes since April

Appeaser.
    That's it, Sean, let it out.

Asking you same as Fatty: what would you do?
    What do you think we should do?
  • Options
    RobD said:

LOL at that second bit
    Who are we, as a people, if we cannot come together at any time to mock Americans?
  • Options
    Did Owen Jones really tweet this? Not on his timeline now

https://twitter.com/leaveeuofficial/status/871149486575374338
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

camel said:

MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

SeanT said:

TOPPING said:

I'd be surprised if it did! Halal meat is not a security threat, banning it would just be a tool used to reverse Islamic immigration. Those who are not comfortable eating non-halal will eventually have to leave, those who are probably aren't going to bomb, shoot or stab us.
    Those who are not comfortable eating non-halal will eventually have to leave? That's not far removed from "rounding them up and sending them home". Wow!
  • Options
    isam said:

Did Owen Jones really tweet this? Not on his timeline now

twitter.com/leaveeuofficial/status/871149486575374338

lol, what a knob
  • Options

To be honest I saw another verified journo say he saw the SAS deployed to Manchester, but turned to be the NW counter terrorist police.

It is just so happens they wear the apparel of soldiers.

Years ago, one of my army buddies did an analysis saying where the SAS had been deployed in one year according to the media.

He said based on the media reports, the SAS was a division plus sized force (20,000 soliders) not a regiment of a couple of thousand troops.
    'SAS' makes for better headlines than 'Counter Terrorism Police'. As you say, it's more likely to be the latter.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,951
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

I was being sarcastic, you're a fucking pathetic dick when it comes to Islamism. A wretched tolerater of their hatred.
    Excellent. I was feeling a bit left out from all the random drunken abuse this evening.
  • Options
    spire2spire2 Posts: 183
    To be fair diane abott is useless. How about clive lewis?

chloe said:

Floater said:

Pulpstar said:

No fucking way
    To be fearful of the prospect it to be racist, according to Paul Mason. Muppet.
  • Options
    Saltire said:

Changes since April

Actually it is likely.

5% for SNP/PC and 5% for Greens is plausible, the rest could be 1% others and roundings.
This discussion has been closed.