Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » YouGov has CON lead BELOW what it was at GE2015

Comments

• Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    SWR said:

Good god people see sense for f**k sake - if Labour get in we are all DOOMED - we'll end up a second rate country with a second rate economy ruled by the trade unions and Marxists !!

Just think,Diane Abbott - Home secretary ;-)
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990

SWR said:

Good god people see sense for f**k sake - if Labour get in we are all DOOMED - we'll end up a second rate country with a second rate economy ruled by the trade unions and Marxists !!

Just think,Diane Abbott - Home secretary ;-)
    :D:o
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    PClipp said:

SeanT said:

If this polls turns out accurate, TMay won't have the MPs to do ANYTHING. It's gonna be chaos.
    I wonder if we will even Brexit.
    If the Soft Brexit/Remain MPs in the Commons unite, they could scupper everything she tries to do, until she yields.

That would at least be a positive outcome for the country.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,048
    edited May 2017

A month ago, Mrs May had a circa 50% lead over Corbyn in the net favourability ratings.

Now that lead is circa 15%.

She's lost 35% in a month.

This is surely the key - people are often saying 'ignore headline voting intention, look at the leadership and economy ratings'. Well if it is not a walkover on that anymore, then I guess it won't be a landslide to May.

Goddamnit, I've got bets on Labour performing what seemed like optimistically a few weeks ago, now I'm in danger of losing our for being pessimistic!
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,618
    Mortimer said:

MaxPB said:

Mortimer said:

MaxPB said:

Crush the saboteurs indeed.

Timothy is clearly a Labour sleeper agent. There's no other explanation for it. He espouses Labour policies, he wants to engage in theft of property rights and he's brought us to the edge of a Labour victory.
    To be honest Max, the more you moan the more popular Mrs May is in Lab/Tory marginals.

The Tory party is greater than Mayfair he shies and low tax libertarians...
    You are completely and utterly blinkered. I have no idea why. We've gone from a 20+ point lead to a 5 point lead. All since Theresa released Timothy's manifesto. These policies are a disaster for our party. We are not the party of energy caps, higher taxes on risk takers or property theft. Fighting this battle on Ed Miliband's turf is a disaster. Theresa needs to beg Oliver Letwin's to come back and rewrite the manifesto over the long weekend and re-reveal it on Tuesday.
    I guess you're doing as much campaigning with real voters as I am, right?

Seriously Max, get out of your hedgie bubble, talk to voters in Lab/Con marginals. You will sleep an awful lot better.
    Hard to campaign from Zurich!

You're buying you're head in the sand. It's time to get back to our roots and stop bloody fannying about with this SDP rubbish.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,261

If you want a laugh, imagine SeanT as a military man, perhaps Command-in-Chief.

France, 1940 :lol:
    Manstein, Gamelin or Gort?
  • Options
    TMA1TMA1 Posts: 225

rkrkrk said:

Can it really all be down to social care proposals?
    Older voters vote Tory, they also are the largest demographic.

They also like to leave their houses to their kids tax free.

Since Thatcher, every Tory leader has pushed the home owning democracy policy and raised IHT to ensure they don't get taxed on their houses.

Mrs May has just shat all over 40 years worth Tory orthodoxy.
    So where does increasing the minimum amount to be left from 24k to 100k fit in with this analysis? Or does analysys fail you when discussing Mrs May? I am left thinking you prefer Abbotts way with figures.
  • Options
    DadgeDadge Posts: 2,038

RobD said:

No-one does blind panic better than the right. It really is a sight to behold.

May and her advisers have misread public opinion. Corbyn being unelectable does not make her maggnificent. It just makes her a better choice than him, not all-conquering.

The second wobble is always better than the first ;)
    It is absolutely hilarious. Thank God, these people were not in WWII, we would all be speaking German...
    Good grief.
  • Options
    valleyboyvalleyboy Posts: 605
    Bit of a first down here, Labour posters in farmers fields. Corbyn has reached parts that other Labour leaders haven't.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    edited May 2017
    Scott_P said:
    A fascinating photo. Those women are instinctively attracted to and at ease with Corbyn. He has a natural charm that May entirely lacks.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,164
    SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

Timothy is clearly a Labour sleeper agent. There's no other explanation for it. He espouses Labour policies, he wants to engage in theft of property rights and he's brought us to the edge of a Labour victory.
    Agreed. An awful lefty c*nt. Get rid of him.

A sensible rightwing Tory manifesto would have won this election by 120 seats.
    Would it? Voters back energy caps, free school lunches, nationalisation of a lot of key industries etc and keeping in full a large subsidy for personal social care is hardly rightwing either. Where voters do want more rightwing policies is tougher border controls, no terrorists going to and from Syria and Brexit etc, that is where May needs to toughen up, on BBC news we had voters talking about less talk more action, close the borders etc and Amber Rudd popped up and said that was nonsense and her key focus was victim support!
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    MaxPB said:

Is it too late for George to announce he is unresigning and running for Tatton?

Not too late to be parachuted into the Lords and appointed to the cabinet by May's successor... :smile:
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,045
    SWR said:

And what are we now my right-wing friend? The Tories have doomed us all over the last 2 years!

Austerity and pain for the masses while the rich and powerful get away with it?
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,316
    If you look at the graph of favourability ratings - Lab had a higher rating than Con on 22 May - but Con higher than Lab again now.

Implies almost certainly that Con lead would have been even lower on 22 May.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,132

A month ago, Mrs May had a circa 50% lead over Corbyn in the net favourability ratings.

Technically May has only lost on her side of the ratings, Corbyn has been gaining on his side.

But it does look like Corbyn is going to keep control of Labour.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,713

The Times/Anthony Wells say their analysis of this poll says the Tory majority will be down to 2 (two) seats

And those 2 are Ken Clark and Anna Soubry!
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,583

I'm kinda regretting the repeated hatchet jobs I did on Andrea Leadsom last June/July.

You need to get on board and support your party,it needs you ;-)
    I shall be doing my best to get Aaron elected.
    I mean on here.
    I call it like I see it.

No pro Tory propaganda from me.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,446

The Germans captured 90% of Stalingrad, but still lost the battle...
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,920
    SWR said:

We might stay in the EU though... ;)
  • Options
    kle4 said:

RobD said:

May and her advisers have misread public opinion. Corbyn being unelectable does not make her maggnificent. It just makes her a better choice than him, not all-conquering.

It is absolutely hilarious. Thank God, these people were not in WWII, we would all be speaking German...
    You don't believe the polls, or you believe the polls will turn back? If the latter, why would they?
    I don't believe the polls. Simple as that. I go back to what I said downstream. if the Momentum crowd thinks that the narrative can be changed by influencing the betting odds on JC, they will certainly will target the polling companies.

• Options
    TMA1 said:

rkrkrk said:

Older voters vote Tory, they also are the largest demographic.

They also like to leave their houses to their kids tax free.

Since Thatcher, every Tory leader has pushed the home owning democracy policy and raised IHT to ensure they don't get taxed on their houses.

Mrs May has just shat all over 40 years worth Tory orthodoxy.
    So where does increasing the minimum amount to be left from 24k to 100k fit in with this analysis? Or does analysys fail you when discussing Mrs May? I am left thinking you prefer Abbotts way with figures.
    Then your thinking is deficient.
  • Options
    The data shows that there has been an improvement in the figures for both Theresa May and the Conservatives, while Labour and Jeremy Corbyn’s numbers have dipped slightly. But notably, Theresa May and the Conservatives’ favourability ratings have not returned to their previous, higher levels and Jeremy Corbyn and Labour’s ratings have not fallen to their previous, lower levels.

A blip has meant that the Tory fall and Labour rise halted and reversed very slightly, and presumably the new normal means the fall and rise will resume soon.
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400
    Brexit was a gateway drug to voting hard left.

Ultimately Brexit was won on a manifesto of anti- free market, protectionism and sweeties for all with someone else paying. No surprise that after being told the economy isn't important people are going for Corbyn.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,517
    They don't sound particularly confident in their findings.

Hmm. I'll re-evaluate when we have more polls.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

A fascinating photo. Those women are instinctively attracted to and at ease with Corbyn. He has a natural charm that May entirely lacks.

Er, one of them is gunning for his job...
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,920

rkrkrk said:

isam said:

The polls are wrong, that's all there is to it

It's hard to disagree. The Tories are going to win handily.

Would you accept that Corbyn appears to be doing better than you expected?
    What would you see as an impressive result for Corbyn (I know you don't like him - but what do you think he should be pleased with?)

More seats than Ed. If he does that, he stays and will be vindicated.

What about more seats than Ed but larger Tory majority?

Possible because of SNP losses to Tories.

It's ironic actually that one of the key arguments for Corbyn electability was that left wing policies were needed in Scotland. That doesn't seem to have worked out.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,002

Scott_P said:

Scott_P said:
    One of them is every shrewdies tip to replace him!!
  • Options
    rkrkrk said:

No
    It was an utterly shit manifesto
  • Options

Gamelin
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

kle4 said:

RobD said:

You don't believe the polls, or you believe the polls will turn back? If the latter, why would they?
    I don't believe the polls. Simple as that. I go back to what I said downstream. if the Momentum crowd thinks that the narrative can be changed by influencing the betting odds on JC, they will certainly will target the polling companies.

And YouGov is the easiest to influence.
  • Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,350
    I blame Sunil.

He was the one who kept asking for more polls.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

If this polls turns out accurate, TMay won't have the MPs to do ANYTHING. It's gonna be chaos.

I wonder if we will even Brexit.

If the Soft Brexit/Remain MPs in the Commons unite, they could scupper everything she tries to do, until she yields.

In which case UKIP will be on 30%+ within a month, Nuttall would see an ever faster resurrection than Corbyn!
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,002

kle4 said:

RobD said:

Twitter last time, then betting odds, now polls. I can readily believe it
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,013
    May I profer some speculation? It's the economy, stupid! Many regular posters are retired, self-employed, or in stable, well-paid employment. (I know not all are of course!).
    Meanwhile, real wages are falling again, productivity is below 2008 levels. Low unemployment is masking these very basic facts. Many are in self-employment, on precarious short-term contracts, or on public sector pay freezes.
    Simply saying 5 more years, I am not Jeremy Corbyn, is not a very attractive message.
    Corbyn is at least addressing these concerns, rather as Trump did. It does not really matter if his solutions are not coherent. He is change.
    Pro-Leave people ought to get that.
    Still think majority of 100 for May.
    However, as was said on the night of Macron/Le Pen...that c.1/3rd of the vote are not going anywhere.
  • Options
    nunu said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

And YouGov is the easiest to influence.
    I find it hard to believe they are that easily influenced.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205
    Just think, Corbyn could be about to see off his second Tory leader!
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,446

Gamelin of course :lol:
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Just think, Corbyn could be about to see off his second Tory leader!

Arf! :D
  • Options
    Given how accurate JohnO has been in the past, I'm inclined to go with his 100 seat forecast than YouGov
  • Options
    SaltireSaltire Posts: 525
    tlg86 said:

I see the others are down two to 6% - does that mean the SNP are doing badly in this poll?

Considering that they accounted for almost 5% of the total vote last time it along with the Greens on almost 4% plus 1% for PC + others it shows either the SNP or the Greens are polling very poorly and the Green lack of candidates will see their share fall off quite a bit anyway.
    It might be that Labour are getting back a few voters from the SNP as well as the Greens in Scotland (Corbyn is not viewed so negatively by the Scottish public as down south) which could make a couple more seats interesting in Scotland outside the challenges of the LDs and Tories to the Nats.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,970
    edited May 2017
    May is poor, Corbyn is worse. That's the only thing that matters for the election. May's uselessness becomes the key issue on 9th June.
  • Options
    On the plus side, no more complacency. :smiley:
  • Options
    edited May 2017

kle4 said:

RobD said:

You d
    I don't believe the polls. Simple as that.

Well frankly I hope you are right. I don't care for a massive Tory majority, but a Labour surge is not helpful right now, with them in the grip of Corbynism, and a Tory landslide would be preferable to no change or even, gods forbid, a Labour win right now. I'd have preferred a LD surge, but there you go.

Although it must be pointed out 'the polls are rigged' has been the Corbynista rallying cry for ages.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

SWR said:

We might stay in the EU though... ;)
    We might still avert the Brexit calamity - Yay!!
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

I'm a lefty

Timothy isn't a leftie.

Lefties generally aren't for bringing back grammars for a start.

• Options
    HYUFD said:

SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

Would it? Voters back energy caps, free school lunches, nationalisation of a lot of key industries etc and keeping in full a large subsidy for personal social care is hardly rightwing either. Where voters do want more rightwing policies is tougher border controls, no terrorists going to and from Syria and Brexit etc, that is where May needs to toughen up, on BBC news we had voters talking about less talk more action, close the borders etc and Amber Rudd popped up and said that was nonsense and her key focus was victim support!
    But Labour can do better than energy caps, they can nationalise industry. We've given state intervention credibility it doesn't deserve. We've legitimised Labour's manifesto and we're fighting on their turf. It is a disaster strategy.
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956

kle4 said:

RobD said:

It's a plausible theory. After all, the kind of people who put Corbyn where he is might not be up for actually going outside and canvassing, but a way they can 'help' whilst sitting on their arses might be attractive to them...

...or am I just clutching at straws?
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited May 2017

kle4 said:

RobD said:

We'll see what the phone polls say.

I'm generally not convinced yougov has been *infiltrated* or whatever. Yougov know huge amounts about their panel and will be going out of their way to get a representative sample.

They aren't idiots.

It's a comfortable explanation for those who dislike corbyn - With respect, I'll disregard it for betting purposes.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,956
    edited May 2017

Given how accurate JohnO has been in the past, I'm inclined to go with his 100 seat forecast than YouGov

Indeed. And who was it that won the 2015 GE prediction competition...?

I'll give you a clue - it wasn't our man in Zurich.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215

I'm much obliged, sir. 'Tis true.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I'm expecting a barrage of polls on Saturday night.

And Mike's busy that night, which means I'm editing PB, and we all know what that means.

I'm calling it now, we'll have a poll with Labour ahead on Saturday night.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,132
    dixiedean said:

May I profer some speculation? It's the economy, stupid! Many regular posters are retired, self-employed, or in stable, well-paid employment. (I know not all are of course!).
    Meanwhile, real wages are falling again, productivity is below 2008 levels. Low unemployment is masking these very basic facts. Many are in self-employment, on precarious short-term contracts, or on public sector pay freezes.
    Simply saying 5 more years, I am not Jeremy Corbyn, is not a very attractive message.
    Corbyn is at least addressing these concerns, rather as Trump did. It does not really matter if his solutions are not coherent. He is change.
    However, as was said on the night of Macron/Le Pen...that c.1/3rd of the vote are not going anywhere.

Housing and debts as well.

Although these issues affect people the more the younger they are.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    valleyboy said:

Bit of a first down here, Labour posters in farmers fields. Corbyn has reached parts that other Labour leaders haven't.

That's genuinely interesting to me, and not what I would expect.
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    I think people are perhaps a little high on GE news at the moment and need to take a day or two to calm down, that is what I am doing. Plus spending some of my unexpected payrise.
    See you in a few days everyone....(not that I expect anyone to notice, but I need the ego boost).
  • Options

And Mike's busy that night.....

Surely one outlier that is good for the Tories??
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    dixiedean said:

Quite right. This is not the Brexit election. This is the Austerity election, and after 10 years people are sick of it.

May is selling misery, Corbyn is selling hope.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,140
    Given polls like this one, stating 50% would be happy and 31% unhappy with a soft Brexit -
    http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2017/03/21/fresh-polling-shows-britain-doesn-t-want-a-hard-brexit -
    I wonder what movement we might see in the polls if the final stages of the campaign were dominated by the hard vs soft argument.
  • Options

SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

I'm a lefty

Timothy isn't a leftie.

People do not fit easily on a left right spectrum. I don't know about this chap - for starter's May decides whether to include things, so she believes these offerings too - but it is quite possible for someone to support, say, Grammars, while simultaneously holding very far left views in other areas. Unusual, perhaps, ideologically inconsistent, perhaps, but people don't fit into holes.
  • Options
    Dadge said:

"Theresa May was warned by Manchester police officer that cuts risked terror attack in the city" http://uk.businessinsider.com/theresa-may-warned-by-manchester-police-that-cuts-risked-terror-attack-2017-5

Wow... That explodes the idea that police cuts aren't important.... But will it become a big thing?
    Will Labour use it? Or perhaps UKIP?
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    May is Gordon Brown Mk II.

Plays the strong, silent card which initially polls well but is then found out when voters realise they actually have a tin ear and can't connect.

But she'll still best Corbyn because geography.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

If we see crossover, the site will crash.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205
    Classic line from my dad:

They're going to have armed guards on trains? They could operate the doors.
  • Options
    RobD said:

See my edit.
  • Options
    Pong said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

I'm generally not convinced yougov has been *infiltrated* or whatever. Yougov know huge amounts about their panel and will be going out of their way to get a representative sample.

They aren't idiots.
    They are not idiots, but all the polling companies are somewhat desperate for those to answer their surveys. There has been a noticeable decline in enthusiasm so volunteers are welcome and, given the sizes, it does not take too many to influence the numbers.

I
  • Options

rkrkrk said:

No
    It was an utterly shit manifesto
    It was fine. Steady, realistic, albeit not very inspiring, some odd inclusions.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

HYUFD said:

SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

But Labour can do better than energy caps, they can nationalise industry. We've given state intervention credibility it doesn't deserve. We've legitimised Labour's manifesto and we're fighting on their turf. It is a disaster strategy.
    If Tories fight Corbyn purely on a laissez-faire platform Corbyn could even win, they need to hammer home immigration, crime and law and order which is where the voters want a more rightwing agenda
  • Options
    woody662 said:

Some magnificent betting opportunities available tomorrow, time to raid the piggy bank.

But where's the best value?
  • Options

RobD said:

See my edit.
    That would be a sub-optimal poll :D
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    isam said:

Con maj 1.16, incredible really

Deeply tempting. The sumplementals still point to stonking con Maj.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

HYUFD said:

SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

Yep - the new consensus is that the state is a force for good. May has to deliver.

• Options

dixiedean said:

Quite right. This is not the Brexit election. This is the Austerity election, and after 10 years people are sick of it.

Corbyn is trying to sell our children's future down the river.
  • Options
    Troublesome thing for the Tories is it looks like bad news just keeps dripping out. I cannot see them getting back to leads in the mid 10s, they are shooting for double figures at best - which would be sizable for them, but very far down on what they thought they'd get after the first week.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Essexit said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

It's a plausible theory. After all, the kind of people who put Corbyn where he is might not be up for actually going outside and canvassing, but a way they can 'help' whilst sitting on their arses might be attractive to them...

It's vastly more likely that the polls are just wrong. They've overestimated students voting or shy tories or something like that. I'd cling on to that rather than conspiracy if I were you?
  • Options
    edited May 2017

SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

I'm a lefty

Timothy isn't a leftie.

The Tories had a big poll lead after their grammars policy, a plurality of voters back it and a majority of Tories, a few more grammars is not the problem, indeed Cameron suffered his biggest fall in the polls in opposition when he came out against grammars
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

dixiedean said:

Yep - his unequivocal backing for Brexit is a disaster for them.

• Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    The data tables For this Yougov poll showed Con and Lab exactly level before weighting 649 voters each .
  • Options

dixiedean said:

It's not hope, it's a fantasy. Unfortunately people are going for that fantasy.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,316
    kle4 said:

The data shows that there has been an improvement in the figures for both Theresa May and the Conservatives, while Labour and Jeremy Corbyn’s numbers have dipped slightly. But notably, Theresa May and the Conservatives’ favourability ratings have not returned to their previous, higher levels and Jeremy Corbyn and Labour’s ratings have not fallen to their previous, lower levels.

A blip has meant that the Tory fall and Labour rise halted and reversed very slightly, and presumably the new normal means the fall and rise will resume soon.
    But the Con lead of 5% is after that turnaround in favour of Con.

On 22 May, Con lead would probably have been about 2%.
  • Options
    Pong said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

They aren't idiots.

It's a comfortable explanation for those who dislike corbyn - With respect, I'll disregard it for betting purposes.
    Of course. We all have different opinions.
  • Options
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 1,112
    rkrkrk said:

Essexit said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

It's vastly more likely that the polls are just wrong. They've overestimated students voting or something like that. I'd cling on to that rather than conspiracy if I were you?
    It's even more likely that the polls are right at this moment. TM really isn't very good.
  • Options

Mortimer said:

dixiedean said:

Yep - his unequivocal backing for Brexit is a disaster for them.

Nah - but offering everyone free university places (or is he going to cap places?) and beefing up union powers means IMF bailout like the 70s...
  • Options

MaxPB said:

HYUFD said:

SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

Yep - the new consensus is that the state is a force for good. May has to deliver.

Indeed. May's sycophants can't see it, but this is a disaster for the Tory party. Big state Conservatives. Whatever next.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    In two weeks, the count at Sunderland will be racing to prove that YouGov is Roguey McRogueface.....
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956
    rkrkrk said:

Essexit said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

It's vastly more likely that the polls are just wrong. They've overestimated students voting or shy tories or something like that. I'd cling on to that rather than conspiracy if I were you?
    I don't know if it's fair to call it conspiracy; Momentum definitely did suggest influencing betting markets at least. But it's not likely I grant you.
  • Options
    booksellerbookseller Posts: 421
    Mortimer said:

dixiedean said:

I think the bankers did that ten years ago.
  • Options
    JonathanD said:

Brexit was a gateway drug to voting hard left.

Ultimately Brexit was won on a manifesto of anti- free market, protectionism and sweeties for all with someone else paying. No surprise that after being told the economy isn't important people are going for Corbyn.

Corbyn would be a disaster as PM but I have to say I would find it hilarious if rich free market Leavers found that far from Brexit turning us into Singapore it turned us into Venezuela instead!!
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    edited May 2017
    SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

May needs to announce tax cuts now! Yes. it will be seen as panicking, but it will work. Rather then this home-snatching rubbish. Does she not know who her base is! She should be at 47/48% against Corbyn and he shouldn't anywhere near 38%.
  • Options
    woody662woody662 Posts: 255

woody662 said:

Some magnificent betting opportunities available tomorrow, time to raid the piggy bank.

But where's the best value?
    Conservative majority of over 100, I sold Lib Dem seats at 23 and will be letting that ride.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Don't be greedy!
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

HYUFD said:

SeanT said:

MaxPB said:

Indeed. May's sycophants can't see it, but this is a disaster for the Tory party. Big state Conservatives. Whatever next.
    It's called power. Right wing libertarians have never experienced it because it goes down like a bucket of cold sick.
  • Options
    Essexit said:

rkrkrk said:

Essexit said:

kle4 said:

RobD said:

I don't know if it's fair to call it conspiracy; Momentum definitely did suggest influencing betting markets at least. But it's not likely I grant you.
    Betting markets aren't very pro Corbyn are they?
    I was referring to the infiltration of polling companies which seems far fetched to me.
  • Options
    Labour seats with 10000 majorities under threat my arse. The Labour moderates and sceptics will be smashed if these latest scores are even close.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

dixiedean said:

You keep telling yourself that rubbish. May is legitimising Corbyn. That's why Labour are surging, along with frankly stupid policies like house theft.
  • Options
    Sad to say what was already a tough ask now looks an impossible ask for TP. Maybe he'll outperform.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Saltire said:

tlg86 said:

I see the others are down two to 6% - does that mean the SNP are doing badly in this poll?

Considering that they accounted for almost 5% of the total vote last time it along with the Greens on almost 4% plus 1% for PC + others it shows either the SNP or the Greens are polling very poorly and the Green lack of candidates will see their share fall off quite a bit anyway.
    It might be that Labour are getting back a few voters from the SNP as well as the Greens in Scotland (Corbyn is not viewed so negatively by the Scottish public as down south) which could make a couple more seats interesting in Scotland outside the challenges of the LDs and Tories to the Nats.
    Indeed I have been poking about in seats where SNP are in a 2 horse race with SLAB, and where Corbynism may well be popular. Parts of Glasgow for example. There were massive SNP surges before in 2015, but are they fading?
This discussion has been closed.