Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » With six weeks to go today’s Commons seats spreads

Comments

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,656

kle4 said:

stodge said:

stodge said:

My other thought on the above is whether how much upside there is for Conservative buyers at 390.

In 1983, Margaret Thatcher won 397 seats but that included 21 seats in Scotland on 28.5% of the vote and 14 seats in Wales.

I know there's a lot of talk about a Conservative revival in both Scotland and Wales but are we expecting a combined figure of 35 seats ?

In 2015, the Conservatives won 318 seats in England so assuming the Scottish/Welsh total is nearer 25 than 35 that means 365 seats in England so 47 English gains and that's just to reach 390.

Mr Stodge,
    Is the Finborough Arms organizing a GE all-nighter/piss-up this year?

I don't know - you'll have to ask Mr Stonch who doesn't post here any more.

I suspect unless you're a Conservative there won't be much to celebrate on the night of June 8/9.

A LD revival into the 20s, should that occur, would surely be worthy of celebration, as it would no doubt also come with reemergence as principal opposition in many places and thus primed for yet more gains in 2022
    I quite agree, the Lib Dems seat numbers moving into the twenties, let alone the high twenties, would be a massive cause of celebration. However, let us be serious for a moment.

If polling means anything then we are looking to a doubling or even tripling of the number of seats on the back of a lift from about 8-9% to 11-12%. I know that the Lib Dems have reputation for efficient voting but two or three times the number of seats on a vote share lift of maybe 4%? Not something that I would put money on.
    Me either. I have been thinking low teens, although if the Tory surge is maintained, or Lab remain stubbornly in the upper part of the 25-29 range, then even that could be hard. It's still possible - some tactical voting helps them grab 1-2 in Scotland maybe, hold all their current ones, a couple of remains London seats and a few pinched off Labour who are still doing badly too gets them close - but it won't be easy without a wider pool or very very efficient vote.
  • Options

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Remember folks, this election is not about Alex Salmond taking over from Nicola Sturgeon, honest...

https://twitter.com/politicshome/status/857587646918512640

f NI playing the part of Sinn Fein and the DUP respectively. Scottish politics is being driven to the extremes on both sides of the independence argument and it suits the main players for that to happen. Anyone in the middle gets squashed.

Its a slightly concerning development for those such as myself for whom the Union is more important than any party.
    Do I detect a touch of Ruth weariness?
    Not at all. I am however weary of the polarisation of our politics, principally in respect of Independence but also in respect of the EU.
    I'm afraid that's the result of 30 years of propaganda against the EU. If you put at risk the constitutional framework that allowed the UK to maintain stability, don't be surprised if the whole thing breaks.
    It is absurd to blame one side only in such a scenario. If Cameron had been treated with respect and there had been a willingness to grasp any of the many issues screaming out for reform in an EU structure no longer fit for purpose after its expansion we would not be here. But there wasn't. So we are.
    It might be going too far to say its structure was no longer fit for purpose but nobody should underestimate the part played by the EU itself in the Brexit fiasco. For a start, what kind of an authority sets up a border 3,000 miles long and makes no sensible arrangement for policing it?

Madness.
    Personally I find much of the dream of the EU to be quite appealing, but the reality of it wore me down over the years. It's why I hope they do manage to do well in years to come, and grapple with some of their issues. One of my issues was often they would acknowledge problems, say things needed doing, then do nothing. I hope Brexit means they will do something and achieve their potential. At present, though, its biggest cheerleaders are in hagiography mode and lashing out, seeking punishment rather than any hint of reflection. That may change. William will say it doesn't need to reflect, they are so awesome. But all entities need to continually justify their existence, and the eu got bad at that. For need of a good neighbour - which currently they are indicating they don't want to be - I hope for both our sales they start to embody thedream a bit more. It is a good dream.
    Good post.
    Yes, that's nicely put.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125

Mortimer said:

stodge said:

My other thought on the above is whether how much upside there is for Conservative buyers at 390.

In 1983, Margaret Thatcher won 397 seats but that included 21 seats in Scotland on 28.5% of the vote and 14 seats in Wales.

I know there's a lot of talk about a Conservative revival in both Scotland and Wales but are we expecting a combined figure of 35 seats ?

In 2015, the Conservatives won 318 seats in England so assuming the Scottish/Welsh total is nearer 25 than 35 that means 365 seats in England so 47 English gains and that's just to reach 390.

Agree. I won't be touching the spreads on CON just yet.
    The conservatives won 331 seats in total in 2015 so to reach 390 they need 59 gains. On a modest 6 in Scotland and 8 in Wales that reduces it to 45 from labour, lib dems and green combined
    6 in scotland is too many - maybe 10+in Wales.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,912
    surbiton said:

marke09 said:

Sky News Newsdesk‏Verified account @SkyNewsBreak 12m12 minutes ago

The Government has failed in its High Court bid to delay publishing plans to tackle illegal air pollution until after the General Election

How can it do that with no mps
    They should not have wasted time and done it earlier.
    Looks like "Vote Blue, Go Green" has been modified to "Vote Blue, Breath Toxic Air" as part of the transition from Cameron to May.

(Not that Vote Blue Go Green was ever anything more than total BS)
  • Options

In other words, they think Brexit is our problem, not theirs.

They're absolutely right. We haven't come to terms with our place in the world and somehow have a feeling that history has all gone wrong for us to end up stuck in a Europe where Germany outranks us in economic power and political influence.

The irony is that if we didn't have such a dysfunctional relationship with the EU, both the UK and the EU would have been much stronger.
    On and on and on.... and wrong and wrong and wrong.........
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

justin124 said:

Pulpstar said:

@Richard_Nabavi I think Cambridge deserves it's place up there. In an analysis of results Julian Huppert retained way more of his vote than the average Lib Dem (Save a few Scots).
    He has a decent personal vote, and I think the Tory vote share could well go down in that constituency as he gets some tacticals.

But Huppert has lost the incumbency bonus and the Tories are less likely to vote tactically when riding so high in the polls. Cambridge was normally a Tory seat until 1992 and were only 13% behind the Libdems in 2010. It is a seat they could win from third plce - in the same way that Labour managed in 1992 and 2015.
    What evidence is there that someone who was the MP until two years ago, and certainly knows and is known by lots of local organisations and people for whom he did casework, doesn't get a bonus? There is no magic or immutable law that says it has to be the existing incumbent only. I haven't researched it myself but common sense suggests that a former recent incumbent almost certainly does get a significant bonus. Anecdotal reports coming in from Bermondsey and Eastbourne suggests this is very much the case.
    I would qualify that by they had to have a good constituency record
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,269
    Cyan said:

Cyan said:

The Rothermere press on Emmanuel Macron and his wife Brigitte. If they are as happy together as they seem to be then good luck to them, but some of the pictures won't go down well with some voters.

"Brigitte has refused to reveal when the unlikely pair first became intimate, proclaiming it 'our secret'."

"'Nobody will ever know at what moment our story became a love story. That belongs to us. That is our secret,' she said."

The age of consent in France when one party has authority over the other - for instance, if they are their schoolteacher - is 18.

Good afternoon all. Just popping in to say hello and thank you to all for your very kind words to me. Much appreciated.

I am slowly recuperating. The garden is getting a lot of TLC and I am listening to much music. Really, what else does one need?

Just to be a tad waspish, Madame Macron would be well advised to wear dresses with sleeves.
  • Options

In Syria, it's not just Assad who has no interest in coming to the table; the Daesh groups have even less reason to do so. Talking about a political settlement now simply plays into the hands of the most extreme, as they're then able to dictate terms.

I agree. Corbyn does seem to be fixated on the point that all long-term settlements are ultimately political ones. He doesn't seem to be able to, or want to, accept that there is pretty broad consensus on that point.

The real debate is how you get people to a place where they accept that they ought to come to a balanced political settlement now rather than strengthening their position via military means until such time as the inevitable negotiation consists of "sign this unconditional surrender document here, and initial here and here - but you can choose whether to do it in black or blue ink as a sign of our commitment to the spirit of compromise".

Corbyn won't engage in that debate because, I'm afraid, it inevitably means making messy compromises and offending some pacifists.

• Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,705
    edited April 2017
    justin124 said:

IanB2 said:

justin124 said:

Pulpstar said:

@Richard_Nabavi I think Cambridge deserves it's place up there. In an analysis of results Julian Huppert retained way more of his vote than the average Lib Dem (Save a few Scots).
    He has a decent personal vote, and I think the Tory vote share could well go down in that constituency as he gets some tacticals.

But Huppert has lost the incumbency bonus and the Tories are less likely to vote tactically when riding so high in the polls. Cambridge was normally a Tory seat until 1992 and were only 13% behind the Libdems in 2010. It is a seat they could win from third plce - in the same way that Labour managed in 1992 and 2015.
    What evidence is there that someone who was the MP until two years ago, and certainly knows and is known by lots of local organisations and people for whom he did casework, doesn't get a bonus? There is no magic or immutable law that says it has to be the existing incumbent only. I haven't researched it myself but common sense suggests that a former recent incumbent almost certainly does get a significant bonus. Anecdotal reports coming in from Bermondsey and Eastbourne suggests this is very much the case.
    The Labour candidate for Broxtowe in 2015 appeared to lose much of the incumbency bonus he enjoyed in 2010.
    True, his vote dropped just over 1% when the Labour vote, both nationally and in the comparable nearby seat of Gedling rose by just over 1%. So a 2-3% difference. But maybe that MP was a lazy so-and-so who took his voters for granted? ;) And five years is a longer time for people to forget than just two. Did he continue campaigning locally during those five years, and the LibDems have in Cambridge?

The other side of the question is how long it takes a new MP - in this case Labour's Mr Z - to build up an incumbency bonus? It can't all appear straight away.
  • Options

justin124 said:

surbiton said:

Right, is there any feasible way for Labour to ditch Corbyn and coronate Tom Watson or Yvette Cooper as leader 4 weeks before polling day?

The NEC, in theory, could do anything, I guess. There will be an almighty rumpus but it can be done. The Aussies would have done it by now.
    No, there's a mechanism for dumping the leader against his will. It's cumbersome and requires a direct challenge: there is no provision to depose via a vote of no confidence. Labour cannot remove Corbyn now before the GE.

In any case, even if they could, they'd be mad to do so. Firstly, the act of switching leaders at this stage would be chaotic and split the party from top to bottom; secondly, it would interfere massively with election preparations: literature, timetables, campaign events, the manifesto and so on; thirdly, it'd probably mean a shadow cabinet reshuffle because Corbyn being ousted would probably mean McDonnell, Abbott and others going too - and these new shadow ministers would have to be up to media interview standard within days; fourthly, and relatedly, it'd probably mean a reshuffle of Labour's backroom staff, so the planning, organisation and media-facing side would be thrown into even more chaos; and finally - and perhaps most importantly - the left would no longer own the election result come June 8.
    When the Australian Labor party changed its leader in early 1983 following a similar snap election announcement by Malcolm Fraser the election of Bob Hawke to relace its existing leader had a very positive effect on its fortunes!
    And that's one way in which the British Labour Party differs in culture from its rather more successful Australian brother.
    The other is that we can spell Labour properly.
  • Options
    stodge said:

stodge said:

Mr Stodge,
    Is the Finborough Arms organizing a GE all-nighter/piss-up this year?

I don't know - you'll have to ask Mr Stonch who doesn't post here any more.

I suspect unless you're a Conservative there won't be much to celebrate on the night of June 8/9.

Apologies for mis-remembering the name

• Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    Scott_P said:

@PolhomeEditor: BREAKING: Outgoing Labour MP Michael Dugher is the new chief executive of UK Music.

Isn’t UK Music just a glorified lobbyist group?
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

justin124 said:

Pulpstar said:

Anecdotal reports had the LDs keeping most of their MPs at the last election.
  • Options
    Nuttall standing in a mystery seat!
  • Options
    Yorkcity said:

kle4 said:

Yorkcity said:

justin124 said:

murali_s said:

If 'CPS will have to decide before polling day' will they decide before the Tories choose their candidates in the affected seats?

Is a narrow window, would have to charge before May 11th.

Which is a fortnight away or 9 working days away.
    Could be embarrassing.
    I guess all current MPs would want re-stand.
    Well Craig Mackinlay's file went to the CPS this week.

This could get very messy.

What does Alison Saunders do if there are multiple MPs to be charged ?

Do it in one go or do it one by one and dominate a lot of news cycles.
    One by one please - name and shame the Tories everyday for as long as it takes (a bit like the Labour front bench resignations) - popcorn time!
    The CPS have a job to do, but it will difficult for them to avoid political controversy.
    They need to be careful - they need to act before 11th May otherwise it will be seen as a political act.

Theresa May has no blame in this and I am certain she will state that all her mps deny all charges

At this point it becomes sub judice and comments made would have to be measured against contempt of court
    I don't see why the CPS should feel the need to be hurried along because May decided to call an election. She knew full well this was in the pipeline when she acted last week.
    Very true her main consideration in calling the GE .
    If that was true wouldn't the party have been better prepared? The time table has been known and the deep trouble the party might be in too for a long while. I don't doubt it was a factor, but I find it hard to believe it was the main factor.
    There was no other reason to reverse her decision ruling out a snap election.If you believe that guff on the door of downing Street that she was facing opposition in parliament .It beggars believe.
    She was having a problem with her backbenchers both over Brexit but also grammar schools. She saw an opportunity and took it to get her own mandate. Of course it is very inconvenient for all the opposition who have been caught out and some are no doubt angry, even fearful of the result
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,065
    Miss Cyclefree, welcome back. Glad you're on the mend :)
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    kle4 said:

Yorkcity said:

kle4 said:

Yorkcity said:

justin124 said:

murali_s said:

If 'CPS will have to decide before polling day' will they decide before the Tories choose their candidates in the affected seats?

Is a narrow window, would have to charge before May 11th.

Which is a fortnight away or 9 working days away.
    Could be embarrassing.
    I guess all current MPs would want re-stand.
    Well Craig Mackinlay's file went to the CPS this week.

This could get very messy.

What does Alison Saunders do if there are multiple MPs to be charged ?

Do it in one go or do it one by one and dominate a lot of news cycles.
    One by one please - name and shame the Tories everyday for as long as it takes (a bit like the Labour front bench resignations) - popcorn time!
    The CPS have a job to do, but it will difficult for them to avoid political controversy.
    They need to be careful - they need to act before 11th May otherwise it will be seen as a political act.

Theresa May has no blame in this and I am certain she will state that all her mps deny all charges

At this point it becomes sub judice and comments made would have to be measured against contempt of court
    I don't see why the CPS should feel the need to be hurried along because May decided to call an election. She knew full well this was in the pipeline when she acted last week.
    Very true her main consideration in calling the GE .
    If that was true wouldn't the party have been better prepared? The time table has been known and the deep trouble the party might be in too for a long while. I don't doubt it was a factor, but I find it hard to believe it was the main factor.
    There was no other reason to reverse her decision ruling out a snap election.If you believe that guff on the door of downing Street that she was facing opposition in parliament .It beggars believe.
    I don't believe her guff and have been wondering what changed her mind in so short a time, but it still seems like she knew before that bad news would be coming on this topic, and the timeline, so that cannot be 'the thing that changed' to do so either.
    To paraphrase the late Caroline Aherne: What was it that first attracted May into having an election while leading by 21% in the polls?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Next week's news: "I never claimed I was going to stand at the election. It was merely put on my website by an enthusiastic volunteer, who I have reprimanded".
  • Options
    surbiton said:
    Or Islington
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 56,276

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

Remember folks, this election is not about Alex Salmond taking over from Nicola Sturgeon, honest...

S
    Its a slightly concerning development for those such as myself for whom the Union is more important than any party.
    Do I detect a touch of Ruth weariness?
    Not at all. I am however weary of the polarisation of our politics, principally in respect of Independence but also in respect of the EU.
    I'm afraid that's the result of 30 years of propaganda against the EU. If you put at risk the constitutional framework that allowed the UK to maintain stability, don't be surprised if the whole thing breaks.
    It
    It

Madness.
    Many Remainers (often reluctant Remainers) have made the same point, Peter.. Jossias Jessop, yourself, Pulpstar, and David Herdson. To name but a few. Hell, even Alastair Meeks had strong criticisms to make.

But the EU doesn't see itself as having played *any* role in Brexit. It thinks it's down to our Eurosceptic press, and the fringe loons of the Conservative Party. It hasn't been explained or listened to properly. That's why Brexit is happening: nothing more; nothing less.

Yes, I was sure it wasn't an original thought, CR, but I'm gratified to find myself in such good company.

It would be unilke a politician to admit a mistake and I expect EU ones are no different to ours in that respect. What they may think privately could be a different matter. I expect there will be some however who consider that the UK is doing the EU a favor but showing the rest what happens to its errant children. It may be unfair to treat us as whipping boys, but they could at least argue we voted for it.

It would be tough to argue with that.
    Yes, and to eurosceptics such as myself, the very fact it may consider the UK to be akin to an errant child that needs chastening, explains just why I wanted to leave.

In the short-term, regarding the UK-EU relationship, we will have a lose-lose.

In the long term, who knows?
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658
    Patrick said:

They're absolutely right. We haven't come to terms with our place in the world and somehow have a feeling that history has all gone wrong for us to end up stuck in a Europe where Germany outranks us in economic power and political influence.

The irony is that if we didn't have such a dysfunctional relationship with the EU, both the UK and the EU would have been much stronger.
    The real split is between the political and the economic. The rest of Europe had had a shitty century, constantly at war with itself. It didn't trust nation states not to do so again. So the EU emerged to supercede nation states and limit their power (to cause mischief). The UK was not in that place. We had had an entirely honourable two world wars, a centuries-long history of rock solid stability in our political system, common law, FPTP elections for seats, etc. We just didn't need the higher level control. We still don't. We are just not ever going to fit in a federal EU.
    Nutshell.

And I wish the EU good fortune. Really. Because of the above. And I voted out.

Have difficulty explaining this to rellies in DE though, who BTW think the Euro was a disaster from the off and would abolish it tomorrow because, they say, it is ruining the good dream and damaging millions of people.

• Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

justin124 said:

surbiton said:

Right, is there any feasible way for Labour to ditch Corbyn and coronate Tom Watson or Yvette Cooper as leader 4 weeks before polling day?

The NEC, in theory, could do anything, I guess. There will be an almighty rumpus but it can be done. The Aussies would have done it by now.
    No, there's a mechanism for dumping the leader against his will. It's cumbersome and requires a direct challenge: there is no provision to depose via a vote of no confidence. Labour cannot remove Corbyn now before the GE.

In any case, even if they could, they'd be mad to do so. Firstly, the act of switching leaders at this stage would be chaotic and split the party from top to bottom; secondly, it would interfere massively with election preparations: literature, timetables, campaign events, the manifesto and so on; thirdly, it'd probably mean a shadow cabinet reshuffle because Corbyn being ousted would probably mean McDonnell, Abbott and others going too - and these new shadow ministers would have to be up to media interview standard within days; fourthly, and relatedly, it'd probably mean a reshuffle of Labour's backroom staff, so the planning, organisation and media-facing side would be thrown into even more chaos; and finally - and perhaps most importantly - the left would no longer own the election result come June 8.
    When the Australian Labor party changed its leader in early 1983 following a similar snap election announcement by Malcolm Fraser the election of Bob Hawke to relace its existing leader had a very positive effect on its fortunes!
    And that's one way in which the British Labour Party differs in culture from its rather more successful Australian brother.
    Indeed - but the point is that a last minute leadership change might still be very helpful for Labour.
  • Options
    Is Nuttall a fighter, not a quitter?

If so, Hartlepool could be his choice.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,790
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    I really don't know why HMG is fighting the air pollution case.

Yes, politically, I feel it really is none of the EU's business, but don't we all want clean air?
  • Options
    Surely Nuttall's "mystery seat" must be Stoke Central?

I understand he lives in the constituency, and is 100% committed to the area and its people.
  • Options
    felix said:

Mortimer said:

stodge said:

The conservatives won 331 seats in total in 2015 so to reach 390 they need 59 gains. On a modest 6 in Scotland and 8 in Wales that reduces it to 45 from labour, lib dems and green combined
    With my knowledge of Scotland and my extensive family there 6 is reasonable as it is a fight between the union and indy2. Indeed upto 10 may be possible if the north east, as expected, go blue
  • Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382

justin124 said:

surbiton said:

The other is that we can spell Labour properly.
    Yes but Aussie Labor is more ruthless to change leaders to win elections.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,071
    IanB2 said:

Every single Labour MP in a strong leave constituency should hang out the bunting for him. He might just save their seat.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,095

Patrick said:

The real split is between the political and the economic. The rest of Europe had had a shitty century, constantly at war with itself. It didn't trust nation states not to do so again. So the EU emerged to supercede nation states and limit their power (to cause mischief). The UK was not in that place. We had had an entirely honourable two world wars, a centuries-long history of rock solid stability in our political system, common law, FPTP elections for seats, etc. We just didn't need the higher level control. We still don't. We are just not ever going to fit in a federal EU.
    So rock solid that in the period covered by those two wars we fought an independence war on our own soil culminating in a partition of our territory where a frozen conflict was left to fester, and even 100 years later we still haven't noticed that the canary in the coal-mine has died.
    I think the vast majority of us have come to terms with the fact that Eire is not part of the United Kingdom, any longer.

Most of simply don't see what we have to gain by bringing our national independence to an end.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    marke09 said:

marke09 said:

Sky News Newsdesk‏Verified account @SkyNewsBreak 12m12 minutes ago

The Government has failed in its High Court bid to delay publishing plans to tackle illegal air pollution until after the General Election

Sandra Laville @sandralaville

Gov been refused leave to appeal so now has to apply to Appeal court for permission #airpollution

Judge said sec of state for environment Andrea Leadsom was in breach of court order
    Couldn't make it up. Pathetic ! Incompetent !
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

I understand he lives in the constituency, and is 100% committed to the area and its people.

I think we’re going to need a new thread just to list all of Nuttall’s possible seats and titles.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Will we see the return of the bizarre man of the people country squire outfit?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118

Will we see the return of the bizarre man of the people country squire outfit?

At least it will take the pressure off Tim Farron, he's had his week of hate from the media
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

IanB2 said:

Every single Labour MP in a strong leave constituency should hang out the bunting for him. He might just save their seat.
    There is no rule preventing someone standing in multiple seats, as has been done (most notably by Bill Boaks) in the past. It would suit Nuttall to stand in say ten or twenty different places? And it would be good use of Labour campaign funds to pay for the deposits, as you say!
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Sean_F said:

Patrick said:

So rock solid that in the period covered by those two wars we fought an independence war on our own soil culminating in a partition of our territory where a frozen conflict was left to fester, and even 100 years later we still haven't noticed that the canary in the coal-mine has died.
    I think the vast majority of us have come to terms with the fact that Eire is not part of the United Kingdom, any longer.

Most of simply don't see what we have to gain by bringing our national independence to an end.
    william contorting himself to proclaim how Scotland should be independent of Westminster but subservient to Brussels is a giggle.

• Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    Pulpstar said:

surbiton said:

I cannot see the LDs winning Bermondsey. Bermondsey is not a Liberal seat.

Sorry but this sort of analysis is poor, you'd have been straight to the poorhouse in 2015 if you'd have gone off the back of "I can't see the Lib Dems losing Yeovil, Bath or Thornbury", or "I can't see Labour losing Coatsbridge".

"I can't see x, y or z" happening is such a bad way to look at things.

Bermondsey is the Lib Dem target #2 in England.
    What is No1..Twickenham?
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Scott_P said:

S
    aintain stability, don't be surprised if the whole thing breaks.
    It
    It

Madness.
    Many Remainers (often reluctant Remainers) have made the same point, Peter.. Jossias Jessop, yourself, Pulpstar, and David Herdson. To name but a few. Hell, even Alastair Meeks had strong criticisms to make.

But the EU doesn't see itself as having played *any* role in Brexit. It thinks it's down to our Eurosceptic press, and the fringe loons of the Conservative Party. It hasn't been explained or listened to properly. That's why Brexit is happening: nothing more; nothing less.

Yes, I was sure it wasn't an original thought, CR, but I'm gratified to find myself in such good company.

It would be unilke a politician to admit a mistake and I expect EU ones are no different to ours in that respect. What they may think privately could be a different matter. I expect there will be some however who consider that the UK is doing the EU a favor but showing the rest what happens to its errant children. It may be unfair to treat us as whipping boys, but they could at least argue we voted for it.

It would be tough to argue with that.
    Yes, and to eurosceptics such as myself, the very fact it may consider the UK to be akin to an errant child that needs chastening, explains just why I wanted to leave.

In the short-term, regarding the UK-EU relationship, we will have a lose-lose.

In the long term, who knows?
    You will be gratified to note that the same point was made by no less a luminary than Henry Kissinger.

He thought everything turned on whether the EU adopted the 'naughty child' approach. If it didn't there was no reason why both should not prosper, if it did, both would suffer.

(I think I'm right in saying that Henry is not a big fan of the EU, but others may know better.)
  • Options

I think we’re going to need a new thread just to list all of Nuttall’s possible seats and titles.
    He's a modest man - no need for that. As Archbishop of Stoke, simply referring to him as "Your Grace" will be quite sufficient.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Patrick said:

On my recent sojourn, I had a discussion with some very conservative Americans about Brexit. They were very much taken with Dan Hannan and his arguments about Sovereignty, and tried to make the case that there are some things that are better handled at local levels rather than at an overarching level.

And even if you accept that, what they failed to do was follow that to the logical conclusion that all the States should therefore secede...

There are some thing where it makes sense to group together in a larger block, with higher level control, and frictionless trade is one such example.

Even leaving the EU, we still need to be part of a larger trading organisation, with external judicial oversight, just one that gives us much crappier benefits at higher costs

Even the hardest Brexiteer has a hard time arguing that being part of the EU has not made us better off
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    edited April 2017
    Good afternoon.

Regarding yesterday's YouGov numbers - apologies if anybody else has already pointed this out, but I'm reasonably confident that this poll is an outlier.

There's been a quite evident trend in the YouGov numbers recently of Labour support amongst men bumping along somewhere just above 20%. I've noticed that it's the support of women that appears to have been keeping Labour's VI numbers up as high as 24-25% recently and, given Labour's abysmal performance with older voters, I surmised that this was down mainly to younger women. Then, in a recent analysis (which was a subject of a posting on PB, IIRC,) YouGov said that they suspected as much themselves.

But now, we have this new poll in which Labour support amongst women remains static, but that amongst men has suddenly jumped by 8% relative to the last poll - accounting for Labour's entire 4% overall improvement. This is very strange.

If, by some chance, Labour's message is achieving cut-through then I can see no compelling reason why its support should jump by such a huge amount (equivalent to the entire Ukip total) amongst men, and yet have moved not one iota amongst women, in the space of a couple of days.

My expectation would therefore be that the next set of YouGov numbers will revert to somewhere close to the trend of the last month or so (he says, preparing to wipe egg from face...) Unless they've made a very large correction to their weighting of the responses of male voters between this latest poll and the one immediately prior to it, I can't see how the most recent survey is likely to be anything other than a rogue.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    IanB2 said:

justin124 said:

IanB2 said:

justin124 said:

Pulpstar said:

The Labour candidate for Broxtowe in 2015 appeared to lose much of the incumbency bonus he enjoyed in 2010.
    True, his vote dropped just over 1% when the Labour vote, both nationally and in the comparable nearby seat of Gedling rose by just over 1%. So a 2-3% difference. But maybe that MP was a lazy so-and-so who took his voters for granted? ;) And five years is a longer time for people to forget than just two. Did he continue campaigning locally during those five years, and the LibDems have in Cambridge?

The other side of the question is how long it takes a new MP - in this case Labour's Mr Z - to build up an incumbency bonus? It can't all appear straight away.
    He most certainly did not take his voters for granted and continued to be high profile after narrowly losing in 2010. I am - of course - referring to Nick Palmer who is a regular contributor here.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Patrick said:

On my recent sojourn, I had a discussion with some very conservative Americans about Brexit. They were very much taken with Dan Hannan and his arguments about Sovereignty, and tried to make the case that there are some things that are better handled at local levels rather than at an overarching level.

And even if you accept that, what they failed to do was follow that to the logical conclusion that all the States should therefore secede...

There are some thing where it makes sense to group together in a larger block, with higher level control, and frictionless trade is one such example.

Even leaving the EU, we still need to be part of a larger trading organisation, with external judicial oversight, just one that gives us much crappier benefits at higher costs

Even the hardest Brexiteer has a hard time arguing that being part of the EU has not made us better off
    Nevertheless the US too has problems with its population deserting the rust belt states and moving to Arizona or San Diego.
  • Options
    timmo said:

Pulpstar said:

surbiton said:

Sorry but this sort of analysis is poor, you'd have been straight to the poorhouse in 2015 if you'd have gone off the back of "I can't see the Lib Dems losing Yeovil, Bath or Thornbury", or "I can't see Labour losing Coatsbridge".

What is No1..Twickenham?
    Cambridge ought to be in my opinion.
  • Options
    Professor the Reverend Lord Nuttall, CH OM

• Options
    IanB2 said:

Pulpstar said:

IanB2 said:

There is no rule preventing someone standing in multiple seats, as has been done (most notably by Bill Boaks) in the past. It would suit Nuttall to stand in say ten or twenty different places? And it would be good use of Labour campaign funds to pay for the deposits, as you say!
    Theoretically what happens if someone is elected to two different seats at the same time?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Cyan said:

Cyan said:

The Rothermere press on Emmanuel Macron and his wife Brigitte. If they are as happy together as they seem to be then good luck to them, but some of the pictures won't go down well with some voters.

"Brigitte has refused to reveal when the unlikely pair first became intimate, proclaiming it 'our secret'."

"'Nobody will ever know at what moment our story became a love story. That belongs to us. That is our secret,' she said."

The age of consent in France when one party has authority over the other - for instance, if they are their schoolteacher - is 18.

Good afternoon all. Just popping in to say hello and thank you to all for your very kind words to me. Much appreciated.

I am slowly recuperating. The garden is getting a lot of TLC and I am listening to much music. Really, what else does one need?

Just to be a tad waspish, Madame Macron would be well advised to wear dresses with sleeves.
    She who must be obeyed says Mm... she would. And would have back then, too. I am shocked. Shocked. You never really know people, do you?

• Options
    YorkcityYorkcity Posts: 4,382
    justin124 said:

Yorkcity said:

I thought that nothing really changes during an election campaign ? If it is a reversal of the 2001 Labour victory it is a forgone conclusion .Even the excitement in the media of the DPM brawling with a member of the public changed nothing.However it was more exciting than listening to the current Tory mantras coalition of chaos ,which everyone knows is crap as there is no chance of it occurring If that is Crosby's best effort he is screwing the Tory party as a an unpaid official could have done better.

The only difference is that everyone expected the 2001 election whilst this has come out of the blue.In some ways it is more reminiscent of February 1974 - except that the campaign period is more than twice as long.
    He had to delay it because of foot and mouth.1974 was a shock under the circumstances .Is it the only election since 1945 that Labour won that it was not expected to ? As the conservatives have won in 92 and 2015 when many did not predict a majority.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

timmo said:

Pulpstar said:

surbiton said:

What is No1..Twickenham?
    Lib Dem targets, ordered by percentage majority to be overturned:

1. Cambridge
    2. Eastbourne
    3. Lewes
    4. Thornbury & Yate
    5. Twickenham

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/liberal-democrat
  • Options
    @BBCTimDonovan: Ukip not standing against Kate Hoey in Vauxhall - as trailed. Also not standing in Ilford North - to help Tories vs @wesstreeting
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    There is a group-think and arrogance at the heart of the EU, particularly among its leadership. I don't think it's intentional and I suspect even Juncker has good intentions at heart, but the overall effect is one of an arrogant, dismissive elite.

The top bods lack accountability and any heavyweight opponents to challenge their federalist viewpoint. They see someone like Farage as a populist, quasi-fascist pipsqueak; someone to be ignored and sneered at, rather than an elected representative of people with concerns, worries and grievances. Yes, Farage is an arse, but he does have a point shared by many citizens.

I honestly believe there is a noble bent to a huge swathe of the Brexiteer camp - particularly among those who are concerned about the erosion of sovereignty - in that they believe strongly that Europe could be better; that the EU could perform far more effectively on the world stage, and that we could be part of it.

Sadly, reform was never on the agenda. After all, they like power, they are drunk on it.

It is all too anti-democratic for my liberal, anti-authority liking. I'm glad we are out.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Pulpstar said:

IanB2 said:

Theoretically what happens if someone is elected to two different seats at the same time?
    They have to stand down in (at least) all but one.
  • Options
    I've got that as an almost certain Tory gain if either no, or a low profile kipper runs there.
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,747
    IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

Pulpstar said:

IanB2 said:

They have to stand down in (at least) all but one.
    I'm sure that that has been changed now so that that rule is a place.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

POTUS?
  • Options
    DanSmithDanSmith Posts: 1,215

Pulpstar said:

timmo said:

Pulpstar said:

surbiton said:

What is No1..Twickenham?
    Lib Dem targets, ordered by percentage majority to be overturned:

1. Cambridge
    2. Eastbourne
    3. Lewes
    4. Thornbury & Yate
    5. Twickenham

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground/targets/liberal-democrat
    Do we know if UKIP are going to stand in the Tory/LibDem marginals? Hard to see LibDems making any gains if UKIP step down (and in all probability if UKIP do run tbh).
  • Options
    Fenster said:

I honestly believe there is a noble bent to a huge swathe of the Brexiteer camp - particularly among those who are concerned about the erosion of sovereignty - in that they believe strongly that Europe could be better; that the EU could perform far more effectively on the world stage, and that we could be part of it.

Sadly, reform was never on the agenda. After all, they like power, they are drunk on it.

It is all too anti-democratic for my liberal, anti-authority liking. I'm glad we are out.

And I don't think our new found freedom to wave a flag is worth the economic price we will pay.

c.f. Scotland...

YMMV.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I've got that as an almost certain Tory gain if either no, or a low profile kipper runs there.
    IMO the only seats UKIP can win are Hartlepool, Thurrock and Dagenham. although I haven't really looked into other possibilities that hard.

Aha Boston and Skegness... the Sitting Tory was a Remainer, 4.3k majority over UKIP, the rest nowhere
  • Options

felix said:

Mortimer said:

stodge said:

With my knowledge of Scotland and my extensive family there 6 is reasonable as it is a fight between the union and indy2. Indeed upto 10 may be possible if the north east, as expected, go blue
    Goodness - I admire your optimism and would be thrilled but...
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Pulpstar said:

Hartlepool UKIP are selecting their candidate tonight from a shortlist of 3 , Nuttall is not one of them .
  • Options
    isam said:

Pulpstar said:

IMO the only seats UKIP can win are Hartlepool, Thurrock and Dagenham. although I haven't really looked into other possibilities that hard.

Aha Boston and Skegness... the Sitting Tory was a Remainer, 4.3k majority over UKIP, the rest nowhere
    Could take on Remainer Tolhurst in Rochester?
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

I'd have thought you'd want him to plump for Dagenham :)
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

No, you exemplify the problem.
    I am beginning to think he must be trolling - no one really thinks like him do they?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Pulpstar said:

isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

I think it is better to have a local who has fought the seat before. The UKIP fellow in Daggers is the candidate from 2010, Peter Harris. Thurrock hasn't been announced yet, but I think Tim Aker would probably do as well if not better.

Michael Dugher said UKIP got 10k* in his seat last time without trying.. he is standing down, could that be one?

*EDIT although they only got 9k! :lol:
  • Options
    calumcalum Posts: 3,046
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    Scott_P said:
    An interesting defection. Helps slightly to bolster the Lib Dems as a safe choice for those wavering tory remainers.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,999
    Afternoon all :)

My final thought on the LDs for the moment.

After the debacle of 1970, the Feb 1974 election saw the party's vote share increase two and a half times to 19.3%. That was one of the few elections when BOTH Conservative and labour vote shares fell.

2017 isn't as yet February 1974. To even double the vote share from 2015 will be a huge achievement in 24 months. Realistically, 12-15% looks a solid step forward but that won't be strongly reflected in seats and 15 seats at best looks valid but progress to bring more into range.

The Conservatives will have nowhere to hide after the GE and will have to maintain a huge tent of a coalition through the Brexit process and beyond. Inevitably things will happen, things won't happen and mistakes will be made and the potential pool of disillusioned Conservatives on whom the LDs can draw from say mid 2018 onwards will be considerable.

When, not if, the May Government hits its midterm, the poll numbers could look very bad for the Conservatives for a while especially if Brexit doesn't look like delivering all things to all people.

We'll see - in the short term, it won't be easy being a non-Conservative and six weeks or so today the triumphalism will be unbearable but as night follows day that will change and it will be the Conservatives who will have to be on the defensive as they have to stand on the record and the promises and the expectations.

One day too Labour will get its act together and there will come an election where it will be the Conservatives who will be on the edge of disaster much as they were this time 20 years ago.
  • Options
    isam said:

Pulpstar said:

isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

I think it is better to have a local who has fought the seat before. The UKIP fellow in Daggers is the candidate from 2010, Peter Harris. Thurrock hasn't been announced yet, but I think Tim Aker would probably do as well if not better.

Michael Dugher said UKIP got 10k in his seat last time without trying.. he is standing down, could that be one?
    Looks a great shot tbh.
  • Options
    isam said:

Pulpstar said:

Heywood?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Patrick said:

If we had stayed in EFTA since 1973, and never joined the then EEC, I think there would be precious little difference in our net wealth.

I think it would have been more likely the UK would have 'led' a looser outer ring of the British Isles, Scandinavian countries, and some Eastern European states, whilst the nations in central Europe would have more quickly federated via a smaller, tighter, core EU pivoting off the French-German axis.

The Council of Europe would have been much more important in coordinating responses to pan-European issues.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

Scott_P said:
    An interesting defection. Helps slightly to bolster the Lib Dems as a safe choice for those wavering tory remainers.
    It might be amusing if she gets adopted as a candidate. Otherwise I think the reaction is going to be "Didn't even know Boris had a sister."
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,065
    Mr. Prodicus, all men are unknowable, little islands connected by passing trade of thought and speech.

I'm quite sure Justinian would've been flabbergasted to learn his secretary Procopius was writing a secret history in which the emperor is compared directly to Satan.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Pulpstar said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

Michael Dugher said UKIP got 10k in his seat last time without trying.. he is standing down, could that be one?
    Looks a great shot tbh.
    68% Leave

UKIP 20/1

Oddschecker have constituency odds :smile:
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited April 2017
    LibDem top 30 existing seats and targets, sorted by forecast majority/the amount by which they fail to get a majority, based on the Electoral Calculus model's forecast as at today (which shows the LibDems ending up with 9 in total):

Westmorland and Lonsdale
    Leeds North West
    Sheffield Hallam
    Ceredigion
    Orkney and Shetland
    Cambridge
    Norfolk North
    Dunbartonshire East
    Burnley
    --------------- Below this line the LibDems don't quite make it in the forecast --------
    Bermondsey and Old Southwark
    Edinburgh West
    Carshalton and Wallington
    Southport
    Cardiff Central
    Fife North East
    Eastbourne
    Twickenham
    Caithness Sutherland and Easter Ross
    Lewes
    Bristol West
    Thornbury and Yate
    Birmingham Yardley
    Ross Skye and Lochaber
    Kingston and Surbiton
    Bradford East
    St Ives
    Gordon
    Torbay
    Sutton and Cheam
    Argyll and Bute

This is broadly similar to @Pulpstar's list but I don't think takes account of differential Leave/Remain flows.

Source data here:
    http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/orderedseats.html
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,515
    Various SNP offices and MPs have been targeted by packages containing white powder.

https://stv.tv/news/politics/1386953-msps-on-alert-as-white-powder-sent-to-politicians/
  • Options
    stodge said:

The Conservatives will have nowhere to hide after the GE and will have to maintain a huge tent of a coalition through the Brexit process and beyond. Inevitably things will happen, things won't happen and mistakes will be made and the potential pool of disillusioned Conservatives on whom the LDs can draw from say mid 2018 onwards will be considerable.

One day too Labour will get its act together and there will come an election where it will be the Conservatives who will be on the edge of disaster much as they were this time 20 years ago.

I agree with the first bit, not the second bit.

The referendum in Scotland has split the vote neatly on for or against lines. SNP or Tory. Scottish Labour couldn't decide, and were crushed, with no obvious revival in sight.

The referendum in the UK will have the same effect. For Brexit will vote Tory, against will vote Lib Dem. Labour have opted for the 0% strategy. Again. There is no reason to assume they will revive from that.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2017

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

Heywood?
    Poss yeah, Kippers only 4/1 there...good shout

The fact that UKIP are 3/1 to win Thurrock, 4/1 to win Heywood, 4/1 to win Clacton is at odds with the 7/2 to win a seat. Its either a fantastic bet or the seats are just plain wrong
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

You mean the place that's two stops beyond Barking?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

You mean the place that's two stops beyond Barking?
    3!
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    isam said:

Pulpstar said:

How many kipper deposits retained? I reckon less than 5.

On present polling I think it likely that in no seat will the kippers get more than 15%
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited April 2017
    Biggest news of the election so far: Boris's sister defects to the LDs over Brexit.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,950

LibDem top 30 existing seats and targets, sorted by forecast majority/the amount by which they fail to get a majority, based on the Electoral Calculus model's forecast as at today (which shows the LibDems ending up with 9 in total):

Westmorland and Lonsdale
    Leeds North West
    Sheffield Hallam
    Ceredigion
    Orkney and Shetland
    Cambridge
    Norfolk North
    Dunbartonshire East
    Burnley
    --------------- Below this line the LibDems don't quite make it in the forecast --------
    Bermondsey and Old Southwark
    Edinburgh West
    Carshalton and Wallington
    Southport
    Cardiff Central
    Fife North East
    Eastbourne
    Twickenham
    Caithness Sutherland and Easter Ross
    Lewes
    Bristol West
    Thornbury and Yate
    Birmingham Yardley
    Ross Skye and Lochaber
    Kingston and Surbiton
    Bradford East
    St Ives
    Gordon
    Torbay
    Sutton and Cheam
    Argyll and Bute

This is broadly similar to @Pulpstar's list but I don't think takes account of differential Leave/Remain flows.

Source data here:
    http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/orderedseats.html

I'm on Burnley, but also Cheadle, and Bath (the latter before candidate changed her mind).
  • Options
    edited April 2017

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

On present polling I think it likely that in no seat will the kippers get more than 15%
    Woweee lets bet!

What price they get more than 15% in any given seat???

You think its odds on, "likely", I will offer you as much as you like at EVS that they dont get 15% in any seat
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,950
    Ukip’s north-east regional chairman, Steve Turner, has defected to the Conservative party
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    isam said:

Pulpstar said:

I'd say just Hartlepool, although perhaps the Tories are more likely to win it.
  • Options
    DanSmith said:

Do we know if UKIP are going to stand in the Tory/LibDem marginals? Hard to see LibDems making any gains if UKIP step down (and in all probability if UKIP do run tbh).

It is quite possible that Ukip will elect not to run in a great many seats, but in any event it is hard to know what difference this might make. A large chunk of the Ukip vote appears to be defecting to the Tories; would the residual vote also back the Tories if there were no Ukip candidate, or would some of them at least vote Labour, or would they stay at home? We don't know.

Anyhow, the chances of the Lib Dems standing in the target seats varies considerably, and I believe that the Leave/Remain balance, the state of the party locally and the votes available from parties that placed 3rd or lower last time around are all relevant. I would consider them to have a very good chance of recovering Twickenham from the Tories, for example, but very little in Torbay which is only a few places further down the target list. On the other hand, I think they've a much better chance of getting Fife North East off the SNP than they do of recovering Dunbartonshire East, which on paper ought to be easier to swing.

At the moment my prediction is that the Lib Dems will finish a little short of 20 seats in total after this election, but that assumes a lot of very effective campaigning on the ground and a good deal of tactical voting in their favour. Certainly if the Ukip collapse continues then I might revise my opinion, given how much defections could increase tight Tory majorities by, and also make it more likely that some existing Lib Dem seats could fall. Equally, if the Lib Dems stop flatlining in the polls and start to make more progress then I might shift a little in the other direction - but I'm not at all confident that the latter scenario will come to pass. Labour seems to have arrested its polling decline recently, and I strongly suspect that all of the Tory voters who feel strongly enough to dump the party over Brexit have already done so.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Sion Simon not keep to endorse Corbyn in West Midlands Metro Mayoral Election.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/labour-mayor-candidate-sion-simon-12951977

POCWAS.
  • Options

Ukip’s north-east regional chairman, Steve Turner, has defected to the Conservative party

Ho ho ho.

Bad news for Labour.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I don't have a lot of hope for bbc fact checking...They have just done a piece about how many houses THE GOVERNMENT have built over past 20 years , but used figures for total homes built ie includes ones government have nothing to do with being built.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,688
    Cyclefree said:

Cyan said:

Cyan said:

good to see you back. Thinks she looks pretty good for her age doesn't she? Must be mid 60s.
  • Options

Turner by name, turncoat by nature.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,688

I really don't know why HMG is fighting the air pollution case.

Yes, politically, I feel it really is none of the EU's business, but don't we all want clean air?

Do we want to be forced into expensive programs re diesel cars limiting their use in cities? I don't really see what else is going to work and it is not particularly politically friendly in an election period.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

Woweee lets bet!

What price they get more than 15% in any given seat???

You think its odds on, "likely", I will offer you as much as you like at EVS that they dont get 15% in any seat
    £20 at evens?

FWIW I am very bearish on the LDs too.
This discussion has been closed.