Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Can we end this “snap election” speculation – TMay, like Dave

1235»

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,980
    TGOHF said:

Mortimer said:
    Don't underestimate the impact of the wave of public goodwill towards Scotland from across the EU. Europe will roll out the red carpet for a state reborn.
    Self praise is no praise William. The proclivity to blow smoke up one's own posterior is trait which has coincided with Nationalism in Scotland and isn't a great look.

"We are kinder, more tolerant, more loved around the world than yeez" - boak ! And frankly untrue.

Your pathetic response shows you up , William posts an intelligent articulate post whilst your response is the pathetic exiles cringe. Showing your inferiority complex there.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    Don't underestimate the impact of the wave of public goodwill towards Scotland from across the EU. Europe will roll out the red carpet for a state reborn.
    Firstly Sturgeon had not committed to backing Scottish EU membership because key nationists like former SNP leader Jim Dollars oppose it, secondly as soon as an independent Scotland were admitted Catalonian, Basque, northern Italian, Flemish and even Bavarian nationalists would be demanding the same
    The real question is where will Scots opinion be in 2020 and more likely the 2021 elections as TM will not concede Schedule 30 before. I believe and I think DavidL agrees with me that the 2021 election result will confirm or not a de facto referendum
    Yes she is so tough she will just order us about , shock coming G, hard brexit and out on her posterior with much wailing and gnashing of teeth coming up.
  • Options
    Well I'd give away Gibraltar if it got us membership of the single market.

https://twitter.com/eldia/status/847500198612029440
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    Firstly Sturgeon had not committed to backing Scottish EU membership because key nationists like former SNP leader Jim Dollars oppose it, secondly as soon as an independent Scotland were admitted Catalonian, Basque, northern Italian, Flemish and even Bavarian nationalists would be demanding the same
    LOL, you are evenmaking up imaginary people now and the one you meant is not and has not been for at least 20 years a "key Nationalist". You are deluded.
    Malc - I assume that is Jim Sillars, the former deputy SNP leader, and he does keep popping up on Scots tv
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,011
    edited March 2017
    malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    LOL, you are evenmaking up imaginary people now and the one you meant is not and has not been for at least 20 years a "key Nationalist". You are deluded.
    Jim Sillars is a former Deputy Leader of the SNP and has said he will now oppose independence if it means rejoining the EU despite backing independence in 2014
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/inews.co.uk/essentials/news/politics/jim-sillars-i-wont-vote-yes-independence-means-rejoining-eu/amp/
  • Options

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    Malc - I assume that is Jim Sillars, the former deputy SNP leader, and he does keep popping up on Scots tv
    G, he has not been seen since referendum and he was laughed at then as well. Not even yesterday's man. He ended up like the embarrassing uncle at weddings.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,011
    edited March 2017

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    The real question is where will Scots opinion be in 2020 and more likely the 2021 elections as TM will not concede Schedule 30 before. I believe and I think DavidL agrees with me that the 2021 election result will confirm or not a de facto referendum
    Most probably and by 2021 UK Labour may have an electable leader too
  • Options

Well I'd give away Gibraltar if it got us membership of the single market.

https://twitter.com/eldia/status/847500198612029440

they will rat on anybody for sure, Gibralter will get it bad when border is sealed.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,984
    Mr. Eagles, you euroweasel.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    Yes she is so tough she will just order us about , shock coming G, hard brexit and out on her posterior with much wailing and gnashing of teeth coming up.
    No hard Brexit Malc - remember she is an ex remainer like myself and knows the middle way - she also wants to devolve powers to the Assemblies and regions.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    G, he has not been seen since referendum and he was laughed at then as well. Not even yesterday's man. He ended up like the embarrassing uncle at weddings.
    I have seen him several times in interviews on Scottish TV over the last few weeks
  • Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    I have seen him several times in interviews on Scottish TV over the last few weeks
    I must be missing it G , I have not seen him for years, but he was way past it even then and was living in the 70's.
  • Options

Mr. Eagles, you euroweasel.

I'm doing it for the greater good of the UK.

A bit like leasing out Diego Garcia to the Americans.
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Over funded, over represented in Parliament, and over discussed on PB. Scotland is so incredibly boring.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341

It may have been commented on before but the letter from a Polish MP to Junckers is a classic and well worth a read

It is available on Guido

Orban has been on fire at the Malta Summit as well

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-03-30/merkel-orban-clash-on-refugees-laying-bare-european-disunity
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    maaarsh said:

Over funded, over represented in Parliament, and over discussed on PB. Scotland is so incredibly boring.

I have to disagree with this for so many reasons, but none so important as the fact that my wife is a Scot, and has the Scottish flag as the front license plate on her car.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    I must be missing it G , I have not seen him for years, but he was way past it even then and was living in the 70's.
    Scots tv on Sky - we watch it from time to time to keep in touch with Scots news
  • Options
    maaarsh said:

LOL, who let this idiot out
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    maaarsh said:

And to think, we all thought we'd have a bit of time off from Scotland after the indyref in 2014... :D
  • Options
    edited March 2017

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    Scots tv on Sky - we watch it from time to time to keep in touch with Scots news
    G, he is absent from the normal channels for sure, invisible and all the better for it.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

maaarsh said:

I have to disagree with this for so many reasons, but none so important as the fact that my wife is a Scot, and has the Scottish flag as the front license plate on her car.
    We even have the saltire flag flying alongside the Welsh draggon and union jack in our garden here in North Wales.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Now, that's an intervention.

The Head Honcho of Remain really not keen on the EU.

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    edited March 2017
    "David Cameron has reinvented himself as a Brexiteer - saying he never 'liked' the EU and is glad he called the referendum."

:lol:
  • Options
    RobD said:

maaarsh said:

And to think, we all thought we'd have a bit of time off from Scotland after the indyref in 2014... :D
    Double rations from now on for you Rob.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    G, he is absent from the normal channels for sure, invisible and all the better for it.
    Seen him on Reporting Scotland recently
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

RobD said:

maaarsh said:

Double rations from now on for you Rob.
    What was I on before? :o
  • Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    I don't usually see it , too busy. I do believe you , I just don't see as much TV nowadays.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hmm. Cameron's stance on the EU sounds about as convincing as Boris'.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    I don't usually see it , too busy. I do believe you , I just don't see as much TV nowadays.
    Malc - I am sure we could have a very interesting and respectful conversation if we ever met
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    Illegitimacy is certainly relevant to the inheritance of titles and estates.

In my experience, a fair number of people distinguish between legitimate and illegitimate children when making wills.
  • Options

He should call a conference and put his full support behind Theresa May if he wants to convince
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930

He should call a conference and put his full support behind Theresa May if he wants to convince
    He's trying to undermine Osborne because he's worried he might run off w the Master!
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    Can Westminster just ignore the Scottish Parliament's request for a 2nd referendum, rather than just flat-out reject it?
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    edited March 2017
    RobD said:
    Oh the irony if he only supported Remain if he thought Leave couldn't win.

I suspect he was just "passionately apathetic" saw it as not the main event, and just hadn't figured out what a well of disquiet about the EU Project there was out there to be tapped. Shame really. In fairness who amongst our leading politicians and commentariat did? Very few one suspects, hence the seismic shock that still stalks the land from Guardian columnists to Heseltine.

So many at the top read this so wrong over so many years as they slowly enmeshed us unwittingly (Major?) or wittingly (Blair), without getting the consent of the people. An historic balls up really, probably trying to over compensate for "missing the bus" in 1957 and letting others write the rules from the off.
  • Options
    First of all in the home family unity was disrupted by partisan bitterness...

- Josephus, bewailing factions in 1st century AD Judea. Or possibly prophesying the UK leaving the EU :p
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    If you think Jim Sillars is 'key' or that Sturgeon pays him even a moment of thought you are cuckoo.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    malcolmg said:

Mortimer said:
    yes, Greece shows that so well

They don't have oil though Alan
    They're the Saudi Arabia of olive oil.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,311
    edited March 2017

Can Westminster just ignore the Scottish Parliament's request for a 2nd referendum, rather than just flat-out reject it?

I would expect the Prime Minister to confirm 'now is not the time' and it can only be considered once Brexit has occured including any transitional arrangements
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I'm not even sure what the mechanism is? Is there something laid down in statute saying Parliament/Government must do X after the Scottish Parliament does Y?
  • Options
    frpenkridgefrpenkridge Posts: 670
    isam said:

"David Cameron has reinvented himself as a Brexiteer - saying he never 'liked' the EU and is glad he called the referendum."

Who is going to tell TSE?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    If you think Jim Sillars is 'key' or that Sturgeon pays him even a moment of thought you are cuckoo.
    Nicola will ignore him but he is talking to Scotland, not her, and many will listen
  • Options

isam said:

He has no choice to defend his referendum and Brexit otherwise he trashes his own legacy
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    Nicola will ignore him but he is talking to Scotland, not her, and many will listen
    You may have some connection with Scotland, but your way off with Sillars.
  • Options

isam said:

He has no choice to defend his referendum and Brexit otherwise he trashes his own legacy
    The number of people who get a throb on about the EU is infinitesimal. A large number of Remainers were making a calculation about economics I suppose and what they believed would be the negative economic consequences.

The most ardent remainers of my acquaintance all have european family or property. It seemed to characterise their desire to Remain more than any other characteristic.
  • Options
    isam said:

Scum like me should hang our heads in shame for voting Conservative in 2015. Indeed I am doing so. :(

• Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,435
    Sean_F said:

In my experience, a fair number of people distinguish between legitimate and illegitimate children when making wills.

There was a recent interesting case in the judicial committee of the privy council on the inheritance of titles and illegitimacy:

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKPC/2016/16.html
  • Options

Sean_F said:

There was a recent interesting case in the judicial committee of the privy council on the inheritance of titles and illegitimacy:

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKPC/2016/16.html
    I doubt you'll find many peers being involved in similar projects now :o
  • Options
    OUT said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

Mortimer said:
    You may have some connection with Scotland, but your way off with Sillars.
    More than some
  • Options
    New thread!
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256

Tim_B said:

maaarsh said:

We even have the saltire flag flying alongside the Welsh draggon and union jack in our garden here in North Wales.
    ... and the Red hand of Ulster is where Mr G?????
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

I see that standards have really collapsed in the House of Commons. Fancy openly announcing yesterday that two Tory MPs have had a bastard together - one of the MPs being an adulterer. It would be good to see his Association deselect him.

Are you being serious? Don't you think this is a tad harsh?
    I am being serious actually. Would Theresa May or Thatcher have become PM had they had children born out of wedlock?
    Well Ed Milliband came close!
    I suspect he was married for reasons of electoral expediency.
    He still had children born out of wedlock though.
    Yes - I am well aware of that. I suspect he was persuaded that the country was not prepared for a PM to be shacked up at No 10 with kids born out of wedlock.

I also well recall the stir caused by David Evans the sitting Tory MP for Welwyn & Hatfield at the time of the 1997 election when he drew attention to the fact that his Labour opponent - a woman - had three bastards. Politically I had no time for him , but I did agree with him on that point.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    isam said:

The Suppertime Standard tells of pessimism in Londinium

https://twitter.com/standardnews/status/847471107510738944

Indeed. The new editor will use his platform effectively.

Because the Standard is London's paper its coverage impacts on the MSM in general much more than other papers. If the Standard is splashing something then chances are that others will follow
This discussion has been closed.