Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The €60 billion question. The EU exit charge and what it means

123457»

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,209

I

LOVE

HARRY

So does my fantasy football team.
    I sold him for the greater good of Spurs .... my powers work again!
    Well I took out my Arsenal players and we were still s***.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388

Flipping get on with it Fillon.

I need to write the next thread PDQ.

François Fillon devrait annoncer sa «décision» au 20h de France 2

writes Le Figaro
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,961
    nunu said:

Scott_P said:

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/838395495026462720

What's he going to do when congress says "no" ?

U know they are so partisan now wouldn't be surprised if they come up with conclusion that makes him happy.
    Even with everything in the US being so damn partisan, that's a massive allegation that Trump has just levelled at Obama. The previous president's lawyerly answer will do nothing to help either man. One or other of them could end up being seriously burned if this escalates.

In the UK, it's clear that MI5 and MI6 will be all over Corbyn and McDonnell, but those agencies are relatively free of political interference and just get on with doing their job.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,145

If the final two is Fillon and Le Pen, I'll be crying like a disgraced televangelist.

But they only cry AFTER they've got all the money.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,300
    edited March 2017
    Emma Watson posed in a see-through top for the cover of this month's Vanity Fair magazine, she was accused by some of being anti-feminist.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39170490

I presume the same knobbers who think Germaine Greer is a disgrace to the causes of feminism and equality.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,472

ydoethur said:

PlatoSaid said:

Some vintage Ladbrokes coverage

BBC Archive
    #Onthisday 1965: Here's one for fans of retro grumbling, as people moan about the telephone service https://t.co/imJoPBMWJs

I'm afraid I did laugh at their acronym for 'subscriber trunk dialling'. An interesting example of how things change over time!

Fascinating as well to see how many of those comments could be applied to cable broadband today.
    I still call them STD codes. Am I the only one? Please don't go making me feel old :/
    To me, STD means something really quite remarkably different. Not just a telephone aids, if you get my meaning...
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

PlatoSaid said:

Some vintage Ladbrokes coverage

BBC Archive
    #Onthisday 1965: Here's one for fans of retro grumbling, as people moan about the telephone service https://t.co/imJoPBMWJs

I'm afraid I did laugh at their acronym for 'subscriber trunk dialling'. An interesting example of how things change over time!

Fascinating as well to see how many of those comments could be applied to cable broadband today.
    I still call them STD codes. Am I the only one? Please don't go making me feel old :/
    To me, STD means something really quite remarkably different. Not just a telephone aids, if you get my meaning...
    Visits to the clap clinic?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Ils pensent que je suis seul. Ils veulent que je sois seul. Est-ce que nous sommes seuls ?

Defiant tweeting coming from Fillon.

He's channelling Tiffany?
    I think we're alone now?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Ils pensent que je suis seul. Ils veulent que je sois seul. Est-ce que nous sommes seuls ?

Defiant tweeting coming from Fillon.

He's channelling Tiffany?
    I think we're alone now?
    Yup
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Just a reminder

"Director of National Intelligence Jim Clapper wasn’t lying when he wrongly told Congress in 2013 that the government does not “wittingly” collect information about millions of Americans, according to his top lawyer.

He just forgot.

“This was not an untruth or a falsehood. This was just a mistake on his part,” Robert Litt, the general counsel for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, said during a panel discussion hosted by the Advisory Committee on Transparency on Friday...

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/241508-spy-head-had-absolutely-forgotten-about-nsa-program
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Not Over Yet for Everton (to continue the obscure music references)
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

Emma Watson posed in a see-through top for the cover of this month's Vanity Fair magazine, she was accused by some of being anti-feminist.

I presume the same knobbers who think Germaine Greer is a disgrace to the causes of feminism and equality.

Extra publicity for her film.

• Options
    Are we all excited for the return of Top Gear this evening? ;-)
  • Options
    Je ñ'en peux plus
  • Options

Are we all excited for the return of Top Gear this evening? ;-)

Yep: Chris Harris in the brilliantly named Ferrari FXX-K is going to be epic!
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,014
    Good afternoon, everyone.

So, Fillon didn't actually clarify anything?

Mr. Urquhart, I may well give it a look. That was my plan last time, but I didn't endure beyond the screeching of Evans over the title sequence.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    rcs1000 said:

brendan16 said:

How much would be saved if we simply cut the current and future pensions for UK nationals who worked for the EU - presumably part of what we would be paying for - post Brexit.

Lord Kinnock receives a £100k annual index linked pension alone for just 7 years work in Brussels. Lord Mandy and Baroness Ashton also have big pensions for just four years work way in excess of UK public sector equivalents. Baroness Ashton's pension is based on an EU salary which I believe was equivalent to what President Obama and HIllary Clinton as Secretary of State were paid at the same time COMBINED!

Couldn't we just slash these pensions to the level they would have got as UK MPs or civil servants on the grounds of 'they cost too much and are extortionate anyway'. Let Mandelson and Kinnock take us to court if they don't like it.

They would sue us, and we would lose. The courts do not look kindly on those who attempt to welch on their pension obligations.
    We could transfer the liability to the PPF...
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Sandpit said:

nunu said:

Scott_P said:

U know they are so partisan now wouldn't be surprised if they come up with conclusion that makes him happy.
    Even with everything in the US being so damn partisan, that's a massive allegation that Trump has just levelled at Obama. The previous president's lawyerly answer will do nothing to help either man. One or other of them could end up being seriously burned if this escalates.

In the UK, it's clear that MI5 and MI6 will be all over Corbyn and McDonnell, but those agencies are relatively free of political interference and just get on with doing their job.
    Do they tho? CIA has "intervened" in u.k Labour before trying to undermine them and I'll be surprised if they didn't get help from British intelligence.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,458
    Pierre Briançon‏Verified account @pierrebri 15m15 minutes ago
    More
    Fillon to end speech without saying that he is determined to keep running. Sounds like a resigned farewell, just insisting on his platform
  • Options
    nunu said:

Sandpit said:

nunu said:

Scott_P said:

Do they tho? CIA has "intervened" in u.k Labour before trying to undermine them and I'll be surprised if they didn't get help from British intelligence.
    For example (of CIA intervening in UK Labour)?

If Trump was actually under the thumb of the Russians, or was an actual danger to national security, some CIA guy would have broken ranks and resigned before the election and told his story.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,883
    edited March 2017

Encouraging. Let's hope this shift in opinion gains momentum!
    It doesn't seem encouraging at all to me. Things were going OK for Corbyn in February 2016, if you look at the YouGov's during the last leadership contest, the released figures from Election Data so far don't show much of a drop at all. Corbyn would still win against a moderate by roughly 55/45, unbelievable.
  • Options
    Whoa, one at either end inside a minute at WHL.
  • Options
    Oh FFS...the million dollar man has just dropped a catch and injured himself.
  • Options

Oh FFS...the million dollar man has just dropped a catch and injured himself.

Can't imagine we'll have too much trouble, against a team that clearly think they're playing a Test Match.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,014
    Does seem incredible that Fillon hasn't come down one side or the other.
  • Options
    theakestheakes Posts: 842
    See the Lib dems have already selected their candidate for Gorton.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    So Trump,

oh dear oh dear oh dear

Poor old America.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Artist said:

Encouraging. Let's hope this shift in opinion gains momentum!
    It doesn't seem encouraging at all to me. Things were going OK for Corbyn in February 2016, if you look at the YouGov's during the last leadership contest, the released figures from Election Data so far don't show much of a drop at all. Corbyn would still win against a moderate by roughly 55/45, unbelievable.
    Or to put it another way - Labour are truly f+cked for a generation
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,164
    Floater said:

So Trump,

oh dear oh dear oh dear

Poor old America.

Mr Brexit not to your taste?
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,139

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Cyan said:

Cyan said:

surbiton said:

Grim news:

Scotland is facing an unprecedented mortality crisis, according to newly released figures which reveal that, in the past three years, life expectancy has failed to rise for the first time since records were published in 1861.

Contributing partly to the trend was a massive spike in mortality in 2015 when more people died than in any other single year since the Second World War. The rate was almost twice as high as in England and Wales, which together experienced a 50-year high in their mortality rate.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/scots-facing-crisis-on-life-expectancy-q3lz5fqhw

No wonder, NHS Scotland is doing so much better.
    For some kinds of health issue, the NHS has practically broken down in some areas of Scotland.
    Which ones? And are there are reasons for the rise in mortality? ....... and I don’t mean lack of doctors or whatever. I mean health issues.
    h there must be reasons for it. A massive spike to double the rate in England and Wales surely can't be down to a slightly greater preference north of the border, on average, for fatty foods.
    Utter bollox, I see local dentists advertising for NHS patients, do you live on Rockall you cretinous halfwit.
    How helpful to a patient in the Western Isles is a Dentist in Ayrshire? Who is the cretinous half wit?
    I know exactly
    A severe shortage of dentists on Lewis is forcing islanders to seek treatment on the mainland.

Waiting lists have been frozen on the island and unregistered patients can only receive treatment in emergencies. The equivalent of six full-time dentists work in Stornoway and the town's £4.7m dental centre, which opened in 2011 and boasts seven purpose-built surgeries, is underused.

Islander Margaret Murray has launched a petition urging the Scottish Government to intervene.

"The only way we can register as NHS dental patients at the moment is to travel away from the island, to a town such as Inverness," she said.

https://stv.tv/news/highlands-islands/1381394-severe-island-dentist-shortage-hits-patients-on-lewis/
    Do you suggest the SNP kidnap a dentist and force them to work on Lewis. I bet there are similar issues across the UK. As usual it is just your bitter hatred of anything Scottish.
  • Options

sarissa said:

Cyan said:

Cyan said:

surbiton said:

Grim news:

Scotland is facing an unprecedented mortality crisis, according to newly released figures which reveal that, in the past three years, life expectancy has failed to rise for the first time since records were published in 1861.

Contributing partly to the trend was a massive spike in mortality in 2015 when more people died than in any other single year since the Second World War. The rate was almost twice as high as in England and Wales, which together experienced a 50-year high in their mortality rate.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/scots-facing-crisis-on-life-expectancy-q3lz5fqhw

For some kinds of health issue, the NHS has practically broken down in some areas of Scotland.
    Which ones? And are there are reasons for the rise in mortality? ....... and I don’t mean lack of doctors or whatever. I mean health issues.
    NHS dentistry in most of the Western Isles. A third of the population are being refused registration. Theoretically they could hunt for an NHS dentist on the mainland, but typically that would mean going out at 6am and getting back at 9pm, with around nine hours of travel by land and sea in between, for each appointment. Even those who are registered are sometimes kept waiting indefinitely for appointments - up to 18 months in some cases. Registration refusees are advised only to show up at the emergency service if painkillers aren't working and their sleep is being affected. Having constant toothache isn't sufficient. Then it's a quick extraction or three, and any other problems in their gobs aren't even looked at.

I don't know about the mortality, although there must be reasons for it. A massive spike to double the rate in England and Wales surely can't be down to a slightly greater preference north of the border, on average, for fatty foods.
    Not wishing to belittle the inhabitants of the Western Isles, but a non-lethal problem affecting 0.5% of the Scottish population is hardly evidence of an imminent collapse
    I suppose one should always try to differentiate between local circumstances and systemic failure.

'Charity Dentists Filling Gaps In NHS Funding'

http://tinyurl.com/zewnzyd

'Third World’ dentistry crisis in England

http://tinyurl.com/gtab4qn

Amusingly, inevitably, there's even a Brexit angle.

'Brexit and dentistry'

http://tinyurl.com/jmw9s9x

The silence will be deafening
  • Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Cyan said:

Cyan said:

surbiton said:

Grim news:

h there must be reasons for it. A massive spike to double the rate in England and Wales surely can't be down to a slightly greater preference north of the border, on average, for fatty foods.
    Utter bollox, I see local dentists advertising for NHS patients, do you live on Rockall you cretinous halfwit.
    How helpful to a patient in the Western Isles is a Dentist in Ayrshire? Who is the cretinous half wit?
    I know exactly
    A severe shortage of dentists on Lewis is forcing islanders to seek treatment on the mainland.

Waiting lists have been frozen on the island and unregistered patients can only receive treatment in emergencies. The equivalent of six full-time dentists work in Stornoway and the town's £4.7m dental centre, which opened in 2011 and boasts seven purpose-built surgeries, is underused.

Islander Margaret Murray has launched a petition urging the Scottish Government to intervene.

"The only way we can register as NHS dental patients at the moment is to travel away from the island, to a town such as Inverness," she said.

https://stv.tv/news/highlands-islands/1381394-severe-island-dentist-shortage-hits-patients-on-lewis/
    If you had the brains to search on England you will find that there are countless pages of disasters in England re NHS dentists and the shortages etc. As ever your bitter twisted mind cannot see past its hatred of Scotland.
  • Options

who cares about another nonentity grubbing about for exposure as their "career " is on the rocks, ex child"actress" and nobody. Mov ealong nothing to see or care a jot about.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
This discussion has been closed.