Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Theresa May is still the only politician with a net favourable

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,583
    edited February 2017
    If he's losing Diane Abbott, then the end is night for Corbyn.

Diane Abbott’s support for Jeremy Corbyn in doubt over Brexit vote

Shadow home secretary’s office unable to confirm intentions for Brexit negotiations after missing article 50 vote

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/04/diane-abbott-jeremy-corbyn-brexit-loyalty-vote-article-50
  • Options
    PClipp said:

HYUFD said:

PClipp said:

The Lib Dem price for Stoke *on Betfair does seem to be coming in a bit now.
    This could be because the Lib Dems seem finally to have got the wind their sails in Stoke. I am receiving lots of encouraging messages. Has anybody else experienced this?

If the LD voteshare in Stoke increases by as much as it did in Sleaford, which voted Leave by a similar margin, they could reach 10% yes!
    Reports from the ground say that the Lib Dem campaign in Stoke is way ahead of that in Sleaford, which was of course overshadowed by the Lib Dem effort in Richmond.

And with a three-way split among the Leave voters, the Lib Dem and Remain campaign could well come through the middle. Don`t give up hope yet for the Lib Dem campaign, Mr HYUHD!!
    That was my thinking. I got some on on BF at close to 500 so my book is all green (£35 lab/ukip 200 Tory and 500 ld) hopefully those will increase as we get to 23rd
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    edited February 2017
    A Tory 7% lead would be a swing of 0.2% from Lab to Con since May 2015. They would gain one seat - Chester - without any account being taken of first time incumbency.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

A Tory 7% lead would be a swing of 0.2% from Lab to Con since May 2015. They would gain one seat - Chester - without any account being taken for first time incumbency.

Remind me what the seat changes would have been in 2015 if UNS had been accurate, especially in England?
  • Options

I mock the hard left here for saying likes of Tony Blair and Laurie Penny are Tories, but over in America, Trumpers are saying Judge James Robart was appointed by that well known liberal, George W Bush

And not metaphorically, they *actually* think that's what Dubya is.

Has anyone pushed the idea that Trump is essentially a NY liberal recently?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I mock the hard left here for saying likes of Tony Blair and Laurie Penny are Tories, but over in America, Trumpers are saying Judge James Robart was appointed by that well known liberal, George W Bush

All I can think of Isaiah 11:6

As for Trump being a New York Liberal, I have to admit that was a hope of many of us, hoping he wouldn't be as bad as we feared.

Turns out he's even worse than feared.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited February 2017

All I can think of Isaiah 11:6

As for Trump being a New York Liberal, I have to admit that was a hope of many of us, hoping he wouldn't be as bad as we feared.

Turns out he's even worse than feared.
    To quote the Metal God Ozzy Osbourne, who ends his Black Sabbath career tonight

"Now I have you with me, under my power
    Our love grows stronger now with every hour
    Look into my eyes, you'll see who I am
    My name is Lucifer, please take my hand"
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,164
    justin124 said:

A Tory 7% lead would be a swing of 0.2% from Lab to Con since May 2015. They would gain one seat - Chester - without any account being taken of first time incumbency.

Still unprecedented for any PM to gain seats from the principal opposition after two terms of their party in power and this is the worst current poll for the Tories
  • Options
    justin124 said:

On the Opinium figures Labour should hold Copeland quite comfortably.

On the Yougov figures they would narrowly lose it, we will see which is right at the end of the month
  • Options

justin124 said:

A Tory 7% lead would be a swing of 0.2% from Lab to Con since May 2015. They would gain one seat - Chester - without any account being taken for first time incumbency.

Remind me what the seat changes would have been in 2015 if UNS had been accurate, especially in England?
    I don't have those details immediately to hand. The Tories greatly outperformed in the marginal seats gained from Labour in 2010 - with the exception of London and parts of the North West.Strong evidence was there of a first term incumbency boost for sitting MPs. That factor might help Labour next time to defend the gains made in England in 2015. I await with interest the regional breakdown of the poll. Will there be further evidence of a big swing to the Tories in Scotland? If so, that could imply a pro- Labour swing in England.
  • Options
    PClipp said:

HYUFD said:

PClipp said:

This could be because the Lib Dems seem finally to have got the wind their sails in Stoke. I am receiving lots of encouraging messages. Has anybody else experienced this?

If the LD voteshare in Stoke increases by as much as it did in Sleaford, which voted Leave by a similar margin, they could reach 10% yes!
    Reports from the ground say that the Lib Dem campaign in Stoke is way ahead of that in Sleaford, which was of course overshadowed by the Lib Dem effort in Richmond.

And with a three-way split among the Leave voters, the Lib Dem and Remain campaign could well come through the middle. Don`t give up hope yet for the Lib Dem campaign, Mr HYUHD!!
    We have had two polls from Stoke, both of which put the LDs fourth and UKIP taking the seat, the best they can probably hope for is to overtake the Tories for third, which one poll had them close to doing
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

PClipp said:

HYUFD said:

PClipp said:

We have had two polls from Stoke, both of which put the LDs fourth and UKIP taking the seat, the best they can probably hope for is to overtake the Tories for third, which one poll had them close to doing
    They aren't polls.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

justin124 said:

I don't have those details immediately to hand. The Tories greatly outperformed in the marginal seats gained from Labour in 2010 - with the exception of London and parts of the North West.Strong evidence was there of a first term incumbency boost for sitting MPs. That factor might help Labour next time to defend the gains made in England in 2015. I await with interest the regional breakdown of the poll. Will there be further evidence of a big swing to the Tories in Scotland? If so, that could imply a pro- Labour swing in England.
    Corbyn is polling 4% worse in this Opinium poll than Miliband did in his final Opinium poll and given there was a swing to Labour in England in 2015 there has almost certainly been a swing to the Tories in England now
  • Options

HYUFD said:

PClipp said:

HYUFD said:

PClipp said:

They aren't polls.
    Czechs?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

On the Yougov figures they would narrowly lose it, we will see which is right at the end of the month
    On the Yougov GB figures that would be true.However, when the 9% swing to the Tories in Scotland is taken into account the swing in England & Wales comes out at 3.1% -Copeland needs a swing of 3.25%.Neck and neck if accurate!
  • Options

HYUFD said:

PClipp said:

HYUFD said:

PClipp said:

They aren't polls.
    Maybe not British Polling Council ones no but they are the only surveys of voting intention in Stoke we currently have to go on
  • Options
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

On the Yougov GB figures that would be true.However, when the 9% swing to the Tories in Scotland is taken into account the swing in England & Wales comes out at 3.1% -Copeland needs a swing of 3.25%.Neck and neck if accurate!
    Indeed which is why I am phoning there again next week, getting the vote out is key!
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869

AnneJGP said:

@TheWhiteRabbit and anyone else curious:

h.ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6U9T3R3EQg

Everything from how to put out fires to how to dispose of toilet waste to how not to get the fallout dust in your baked beans. Gloomy stuff.

Thanks for posting that. I have just watched it all. What baffles me is that I was in my 20s in the 1970s - and yet I have never seen or heard of that series of films before now. Or the book(let) they recommend.

Where was I? What was I doing? How could I miss out on that?

Good evening, everyone.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protect_and_Survive#Television

It wasn't meant to be broadcast when The Event was imminent. Fortunately none of us have yet lived long enough to witness The Event, and presumably the likely nature of The Event has now changed. I wonder what the public information films for The New Event look like - they must have been prepared, surely.

Wikipedia tells us that The series was considered classified material that was intended for transmission on all television channels only if the government determined that nuclear attack was likely within 72 hours, although recordings were leaked to organisations like CND and press organisations like the BBC, who broadcast it on Panorama as a discussion of public affairs, on 10 March 1980, shortly after the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
    Thank you so much. That does make me feel better!

I was thinking I must have spent those years with my head well & truly in the sand (along with everyone else in my circles).
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Corbyn is polling 4% worse in this Opinium poll than Miliband did in his final Opinium poll and given there was a swing to Labour in England in 2015 there has almost certainly been a swing to the Tories in England now
    That data should emerge in this poll tomorrow - but there has been evidence for a while that the strong Tory recovery in Scotland has been inflating their GB leads and probably somewhat distorting how well they are performing in England.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

Indeed which is why I am phoning there again next week, getting the vote out is key!
    Which party will gain from a high turnout there in your opinion?
  • Options
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

That data should emerge in this poll tomorrow - but there has been evidence for a while that the strong Tory recovery in Scotland has been inflating their GB leads and probably somewhat distorting how well they are performing in England.
    The data is already available

https://t.co/RiXj9togGz
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,290
    If Farron was such a great leader, why is he allowing LDs to stand aside with Greens?

http://www.markpack.org.uk/148257/lib-dems-greens-electoral-pact-broxtowe-county-council/

• Options
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

Which party will gain from a high turnout there in your opinion?
    The Tories and the LDs, Labour voters are supporters despite Corbyn not because of him
  • Options
    Oh dear, looks like Farage has been a naughty boy
  • Options

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that
    The Opinium tables for Scotland show the Tories on 23% with Labour on 17% - that represents a pro-Tory swing of 8% from Labour since 2015.
    For England the figures are Tory 39% Labour 32% - a 7% lead matching the GB margin. In 2015 the Tory lead in England was 9.5% - so this data is suggesting a pro-Labour swing of 1.25% from the Tories.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

The Tories lead Labour by 39% to 32% in England according to the poll details so the lead is no different to the UK one

• Options
    justin124 said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that
    The Opinium tables for Scotland show the Tories on 23% with Labour on 17% - that represents a pro-Tory swing of 8% from Labour since 2015.
    For England the figures are Tory 39% Labour 32% - a 7% lead matching the GB margin. In 2015 the Tory lead in England was 9.5% - so this data is suggesting a pro-Labour swing of 1.25% from the Tories.
    Given the final Opinium poll in 2015 had Labour on 34% and this poll has them falling to 30% there has almost certainly been a swing to the Tories in England given Opinium's overestimation of the Labour vote
  • Options
    justin124 said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that
    And what was the Tory to Lab swing in 2015 in England?

I'll give you a hint, I did a thread on it.

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2015/09/13/corbyns-english-challenge/
  • Options
    For a supposed Eurosceptic Farage seems very fond of European women
  • Options

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2015/09/13/corbyns-english-challenge/
    I know the answer to that - 1.05%!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

"Love Europe, f*** the EU!"
  • Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138
    HYUFD said:

I thought he was happily married.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    justin124 said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that

And Labour stacked up votes where it didn't matter and the Tories got votes where it mattered.

England is not homogeneous for you to assume that 1.25% Con to Lab swing will be uniform all over England.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that
    Given the final Opinium poll in 2015 had Labour on 34% and this poll has them falling to 30% there has almost certainly been a swing to the Tories in England given Opinium's overestimation of the Labour vote
    Opinium was no further out in 2015 than any other pollsters - indeed it gave the Tories a 1% lead unlike some others. Opinium have changed their methodology since 2015 - and according to Anthony Wells of Yougov /Polling Report they do weight on the basis of how people voted in the Referendum.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

If Farron was such a great leader, why is he allowing LDs to stand aside with Greens?
    http://www.markpack.org.uk/148257/lib-dems-greens-electoral-pact-broxtowe-county-council/

In order to be more effective in taking seats from Labour and the Tories.

Don`t you know anything about FPTP, Dr Spyn?
  • Options

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that

And Labour stacked up votes where it didn't matter and the Tories got votes where it mattered.

England is not homogeneous for you to assume that 1.25% Con to Lab swing will be uniform all over England.
    I have not said that! The only point I am inclined to make, is that the first term incumbency bonus may well help Labour a bit next time in Tory/Labour marginals. Of course, the Tories could still benefit in the Tory/LD marginals gained in 2015.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that
    Opinium was no further out in 2015 than any other pollsters - indeed it gave the Tories a 1% lead unlike some others. Opinium have changed their methodology since 2015 - and according to Anthony Wells of Yougov /Polling Report they do weight on the basis of how people voted in the Referendum.
    They obviously have not changed their methodology that much compared to other pollsters though as they consistently have Labour higher than other polling firms do. Now that does not mean they are incorrect but Copeland and Stoke will show us which is closer to reality
  • Options
    Don't all antiestablishment, definitely not part of the elite, populist right wing politicians live in £4 million Georgian townhouses?
  • Options

Don't all antiestablishment, definitely not part of the elite, populist right wing politicians live in £4 million Georgian townhouses?

I feel sorry for Paul Nuttall, he sees Farage living in a £4 million Georgian townhouse, whilst Nuttall has to slum it in a terraced house in Stoke.
  • Options
    PClipp said:

HYUFD said:

To a German and he has also been close to a Maltese travel writer and according to Mike Nattrass reportedly was rewarded with a 7up bottle after bedding a Latvian woman 7 times in 1 night
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/nigel-farage-rejects-maltese-affair-allegations-as-completely-innocent-9489977.html
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ukip-leader-nigel-farage-handed-3247456
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,387

I feel sorry for Paul Nuttall, he sees Farage living in a £4 million Georgian townhouse, whilst Nuttall has to slum it in a terraced house in Stoke.
    It's ok, he doesn't really live there.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Literally in his case!
  • Options

That`s only his most recent house, Mr Eagles. The one where he was caught out.
  • Options

It's one hell of a place to live in on an MEPs salary. Rent or mortgage would be thousands a week. Makes you wonder whether Nigel has other sources of income - or a Sugar Daddy - he's not told anyone about.

• Options
    edited February 2017

If he becomes an MP on his first attempt as leader that terraced house will be worth the investment given Farage stood 7 times and still failed to win a Westminster seat
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited February 2017
    lol.

Geordie Greig vs Paul Dacre.

DM would never have run that story with that headline.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that
    They obviously have not changed their methodology that much compared to other pollsters though as they consistently have Labour higher than other polling firms do. Now that does not mean they are incorrect but Copeland and Stoke will show us which is closer to reality
    I believe that Survation and Mori have come up with similar figures - though the latter tend to be more volatile. Yougov and ICM have certainly been producing bigger Tory leads.ICM historically has tended to give lower Labour scores and higher LD scores than other pollsters - but Yougov appear to have picked up a drop in Labour support since September which has not been seen in the other polls. Even ICM has failed to do that.
  • Options

I slummed it in Sheffield for three nights last week, staying not far from Hallam University. This was so that I could easily do Sheffield to Lincoln on Wednesday, the National Railway Museum on Thursday (also doing Sheffield to Leeds via Moorthorpe, and Leeds to York in the process), and Doncaster to Cleethorpes yesterday (Friday). It was actually sunny in Cleethorpes!

#SadManOnaTrain
  • Options
    Pong said:

lol.

Geordie Greig vs Paul Dacre.

DM would never have run that story with that headline.

Probably more that he hates Nigel Farage.

• Options
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Thanks for that
    Given the final Opinium poll in
    I believe that Survation and Mori have come up with similar figures - though the latter tend to be more volatile. Yougov and ICM have certainly been producing bigger Tory leads.ICM historically has tended to give lower Labour scores and higher LD scores than other pollsters - but Yougov appear to have picked up a drop in Labour support since September which has not been seen in the other polls. Even ICM has failed to do that.
    Latest ICM and yougov have Labour on 26%
  • Options
    DixieDixie Posts: 1,221
    HYUFD said:

PClipp said:

HYUFD said:

To a German and he has also been close to a Maltese travel writer and according to Mike Nattrass reportedly was rewarded with a 7up bottle after bedding a Latvian woman 7 times in 1 night
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/nigel-farage-rejects-maltese-affair-allegations-as-completely-innocent-9489977.html
    That's the life!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Literally in his case!
    very good
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

75% "don't know" for Keir Starmer. Is that name recognition - or lack thereof?

We could do with two categories: "I don't know what I think of him/her" and "I've never heard of that person." It would also be nice to see a control name!
    Who control name? Queen Elizabeth II.
    Nah, a made up name to see who's paying attention.
    What was that fictitious MP people thought should be locked up for expenses again?
  • Options
    Dixie said:

HYUFD said:

PClipp said:

HYUFD said:

That's the life!
    Yes, he certainly shares Trump's love of East Europeans!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

We could do with two categories: "I don't know what I think of him/her" and "I've never heard of that person." It would also be nice to see a control name!
    What was that fictitious MP people thought should be locked up for expenses again?
    There was Stewart Lewis who Ipsos Mori found around 5% of the public supported in the Labour leadership contest of 2015.
  • Options

justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

I agree. Labour and Tories are MOE versus GE. Corbyn and Labour are not dead or dying. It is Tories who have done badly in local elections, not Labour.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,973

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

This is going to drive me fucking scatty. I know that IpsosMori use "Stewart Lewis" as a fictional name, and YouGov use "Pimhole" as a fictional swearword. I also know there's a fictional act/law/bill, but I can't for the life of me remember it! Can somebody clever remember it? Please?!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Labour at GE will not fall below 25%. Tories will not get more than 39%.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

This is going to drive me fucking scatty. I know that IpsosMori use "Stewart Lewis" as a fictional name, and YouGov use "Pimhole" as a fictional swearword. I also know there's a fictional act/law/bill, but I can't for the life of me remember it! Can somebody clever remember it? Please?!
    The 1975 Public Affairs Act
  • Options

I slummed it in Sheffield for three nights last week, staying not far from Hallam University. This was so that I could easily do Sheffield to Lincoln on Wednesday, the National Railway Museum on Thursday (also doing Sheffield to Leeds via Moorthorpe, and Leeds to York in the process), and Doncaster to Cleethorpes yesterday (Friday). It was actually sunny in Cleethorpes!

#SadManOnaTrain
    Sunil, this is a personal question so you don't have to answer it if you don't want to, but....do you actually have a job?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    PClipp said:

HYUFD said:

He is happily married.
    His wife...not so much.

• Options

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

There was Stewart Lewis who Ipsos Mori found around 5% of the public supported in the Labour leadership contest of 2015.

viewcode said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Maybe it's the Mandela Effect but I thought at the time of the Stewart Lewis story someone referred me back to an expenses "MP". Maybe not.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain
    Sunil, this is a personal question so you don't have to answer it if you don't want to, but....do you actually have a job?
    My current contract ended on Tuesday, hence no journeys made until Wednesday.

But Sunil J. Prasannan just laughs off claims that he only works to fund his trainspotting habit.

Now officially part of the resentful Brexit-leaning underclass! :naughty:
  • Options

viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain

But Sunil J. Prasannan just laughs off claims that he only works to fund his trainspotting habit.

Time you enjoyed wasting...was not wasted.
  • Options

viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain

Best of luck finding a new contract Dr P. You going to keep playing with the Spectroscopic Big Boys' Toys?
  • Options

viewcode said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Thank you for that, but I was thinking of a British fictional act/law/bill, not an American one.
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    edited February 2017
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Thank you for that, but I was thinking of a British fictional act/law/bill, not an American one.
    Been used by YouGov in Britain too, though the original idea was American (the act was invented by researchers at the University of Cincinnati in the 1980s).

Here are yougov's results:

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/document/lxi3dxkhp1/YG-Archive-Public-Affairs-Act-results-150413.pdf
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,442
    edited February 2017
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain

Time you enjoyed wasting...was not wasted.
    Manchester or Leeds possibly next week :)

PS. I will be going back to work by the end of February, albeit for a few weeks.
    PPS. I have some grant applications pending, but won't hear back till the summer.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Was used here too

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/document/lxi3dxkhp1/YG-Archive-Public-Affairs-Act-results-150413.pdf

There's also this polling from America as well.

Almost one-third of Republican primary voters would support bombing the fictional kingdom of Agrabah, according to a report released by Public Policy Polling on Friday.

More than 530 Republican primary voters were polled this week on their support for Republican candidates and foreign policy issues including banning Muslims from entering the US, Japanese internment camps from the second world war and bombing Agrabah, the kingdom from Disney’s animated classic, Aladdin.

In its poll, Public Policy Polling asked the 532 Republicans: “Would you support or oppose bombing Agrabah?” While 57% of responders said they were not sure, 30% said they supported bombing it. Only 13% opposed it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/18/republican-voters-bomb-agrabah-disney-aladdin-donald-trump
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Was used here too

There's also this polling from America as well.

Almost one-third of Republican primary voters would support bombing the fictional kingdom of Agrabah, according to a report released by Public Policy Polling on Friday.

More than 530 Republican primary voters were polled this week on their support for Republican candidates and foreign policy issues including banning Muslims from entering the US, Japanese internment camps from the second world war and bombing Agrabah, the kingdom from Disney’s animated classic, Aladdin.

In its poll, Public Policy Polling asked the 532 Republicans: “Would you support or oppose bombing Agrabah?” While 57% of responders said they were not sure, 30% said they supported bombing it. Only 13% opposed it.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/18/republican-voters-bomb-agrabah-disney-aladdin-donald-trump
    Maybe they hated the film :lol:
  • Options
    If they polled Tim Fallon I doubt anyone would notice.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain

So, the Brexit job losses start....
  • Options

viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain

Best of luck finding a new contract Dr P. You going to keep playing with the Spectroscopic Big Boys' Toys?
    Thanks, MBE! I should be, yes, if my grant application succeeds :)
  • Options

viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain

So, the Brexit job losses start....
    I did say "resentful"...
    [evil laughter echoes around PB.com!]
  • Options
    edited February 2017

If they polled Tim Fallon I doubt anyone would notice.

One pollster who shall remain nameless were going to poll on Michael Farron, the Lib Dem leader.

Fortunately for them, their snafu was caught by their quality control team, before the poll went into the field.
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    edited February 2017

viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain

Good stuff. Science is a precarious line of work, I don't envy you. Ever wish you'd studied railyway engineering instead? ;) My sense of humour is normally tuned to a different frequency to yours, but I completely cracked up at your Aladdin joke, btw.
  • Options
    Dixie said:

HYUFD said:

justin124 said:

justin124 said:

Labour at GE will not fall below 25%. Tories will not get more than 39%.
    Maybe but I am sure May would gladly take a 14% lead
  • Options
    Morning thread contains some bad language that might make some PBers blush.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,907
    Donald's more popular than Vlad? He must be doing something right then? :D
  • Options

viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain

Good stuff. Science is a precarious line of work, I don't envy you. Ever wish you'd studied railyway engineering instead? ;) My sense of humour is normally tuned to a different frequency to yours, but I completely cracked up at your Aladdin joke, btw.
    Yes there are times when I wish I had done engineering! Today, I actually saw a train run on Crossrail near Excel Centre in east London - but it was just a diesel shunter with an engineering service!
  • Options
    So that's the Public Order Act 1975 (fictional act), Agrabah (fictional country), Pimhole (fictional swearword) and Stewart Lewis (fictional politician). Thank you all who answered
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,907
    Has PB got new mods? Who are they? I need to know who I've got to suck up to! ;)
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    Good luck Sunil!
  • Options
    RobD said:

Good luck Sunil!

Thanks Rob, hope things are going well your way too :)
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain

Best of British luck Sunil!
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990

RobD said:

Good luck Sunil!

Are you applying for EU funding? That would be delicious :D
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144

viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain

Have you put your CV into The Sun? They need headline writers of your calibre.

sign it Sunil "Believe. Be Leave!" Prasannan...
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,367
    The German Social Democrat revival continues under their shiny new Europhile candidate - in the latest poll, only 4 points behind Merkel with a 6-point jump, which is VERY unusual in German polling. AfD, Greens and Left all slightly down in most recent polls.

http://www.wahlrecht.de/umfragen/

Those who have bet on Merkel staying on at short odds may wish to consider covering their positions (speaking as someone who saw it as a near-certainty). I still think she's the favourite, but probably should be 1.7-1.8 now.
  • Options
    PB is getting very parochial and in-bred this evening.

I thought we were meant to be getting more outward looking with Brexit.
  • Options
    John_M said:

viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain

Best of British luck Sunil!
    Thanks John :)
  • Options

viewcode said:

#SadManOnaTrain

Have you put your CV into The Sun? They need headline writers of your calibre.

sign it Sunil "Believe. Be Leave!" Prasannan...
    Believe in Britain. Be Leave!
  • Options

The Daily Mail now after UKIP now the Conservatives support leaving the EU.
  • Options

If he's losing Diane Abbott, then the end is night for Corbyn.

Diane Abbott’s support for Jeremy Corbyn in doubt over Brexit vote

Shadow home secretary’s office unable to confirm intentions for Brexit negotiations after missing article 50 vote

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/04/diane-abbott-jeremy-corbyn-brexit-loyalty-vote-article-50

More like the end is nigh for Abbott.

She is very hackneyed after all.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

The German Social Democrat revival continues under their shiny new Europhile candidate - in the latest poll, only 4 points behind Merkel with a 6-point jump, which is VERY unusual in German polling. AfD, Greens and Left all slightly down in most recent polls.

Those who have bet on Merkel staying on at short odds may wish to consider covering their positions (speaking as someone who saw it as a near-certainty). I still think she's the favourite, but probably should be 1.7-1.8 now.

Schulz has clearly got a bounce but I suspect he will end up Deputy to Merkel in yet another CDU-SDP Coalition, even if the SDP pull ahead and he ends up Chancellor it will likely be the same in reverse. The AfD still third
  • Options
    Naughty Nige's new flatmate used to work for Godrey Bloom...is she clinically insane?
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Good luck Sunil!

Are you applying for EU funding? That would be delicious :D
    Luckily, I'm not :lol:
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    HYUFD said:

Schulz has clearly got a bounce but I suspect he will end up Deputy to Merkel in yet another CDU-SDP Coalition, even if the SDP pull ahead and he ends up Chancellor it will likely be the same in reverse. The AfD still third
    Hmmm, the CDU may prefer the SDP but what about the CSU? They have been increasingly warming to the AfD - which means there's no guarantee that a grand coalition will have a majority, if the CSU decide they've had enough.
  • Options

Naughty Nige's new flatmate used to work for Godrey Bloom...is she clinically insane?

For those short of time or google-fu, here's the Mail story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4192022/Nigel-Farage-sharing-pad-French-politician.html

She's a bit of a one, isn't she?
  • Options
    The US Department of Justice has appealed against the suspension of President Trump's travel ban on people from seven mainly Muslim nations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38871526
This discussion has been closed.