Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Who should we include in the next PB/YouGov Favourability rati

Comments

• Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    wasd said:

Also the Queen and possibly Charles.

What about me?
  • Options
    Love the Farron Cathy stuff. He's amusingly bad. Unlike Corbyn who is unamusingly bad.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    nunu said:

Michael McDonald ‏@ElectProject 20h20 hours ago

Sanders wins the NH write-ins, with 4,493 votes (0.6%)
    Transgender bathroom Gov. guy loses eventhough Trump won easily, should be a warning shot about putting someone who is too socially conservative on the supreme court.

No problems with appointing a social conservative to SCOTUS. Trump campaigned on it. The bathroom bill was just plain silly.

• Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Anorak said:

Diane Abbott, last year she was a nobody, this year Shadow Home Secretary, next year..?

The wheel is round; what goes up... etc, etc.

Is "has been" a step up or down from "nobody"?
    Wasn't there a famous out down along the lines that it's better to be a has-been than a never-been?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    "Kanye West: I would have voted for Donald Trump, if I had voted

Chaos and projectile shoes at concert as rapper gives hour-long pro-Trump speech"

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/kanye-west-vote-donald-trump-speech-concert-san-jose-president-2020-a7424316.html
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,907

Love the Farron Cathy stuff. He's amusingly bad. Unlike Corbyn who is unamusingly bad.

Maybe someone would like to ask him just how many people his favourite charity will be providing Shelter for, this Christmas?
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    AndyJS said:

Chaos and projectile shoes at concert as rapper gives hour-long pro-Trump speech"

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/kanye-west-vote-donald-trump-speech-concert-san-jose-president-2020-a7424316.html

There goes his 2020 primary hopes in the Democratic party.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Good news, California counted 1 million ballots in one week, so they will finish before Christmas:
    https://twitter.com/pbump/status/799313270159147008
  • Options
    Speedy said:

AndyJS said:

Rumor has it a black family is being moved out of their home to make way for an immigrant..... :smile:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Tim_B said:

Speedy said:

AndyJS said:

Rumor has it a black family is being moved out of their home to make way for an immigrant..... :smile:
    Well according to the revised exit polls (final estimates will come next year), 1 in 7 african american men voted for Trump.

It varies from state to state, but the most impressive number is 42% of Hispanic men in Arizona voted for Trump, a 17 point increase from Romney.

All in all the only group which Trump performed worse than Romney were rich whites, which is also evident in the county map.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Speedy said:

Good news, California counted 1 million ballots in one week, so they will finish before Christmas:

What on Earth are they doing in California - do they have only half a dozen people counting the whole damn State? Hurry up Sacramento, some of us are waiting for bets to pay out!!
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited November 2016

This is going to upset those who thought yesterday YouGov had Leave on 68%

By 46% to 43% those polled by YouGov say it was right to vote to leave the EU

Perhaps, the most interesting thing is the fact that Remainers are more likely to believe we did the right thing in leaving, then leavers believe we did the wrong thing. Likewise, Remainers seem less certain about the wisdom of their vote - only 87% sure we made a mistake.

That suggests that events, post referendum, have moved people marginally towards Leave.

On the more mundane leadership issue, it goes without saying that Theresa continues to whup Jezza's backside, but Labour are now:

18 points behind the Tories on Brexit, and third behind UKIP;
    22 points behind the Tories on the economy;
    22 points behind the Tories on Laura Norder;
    13 points behind the Tories on immigration, and third behind UKIP.

Labour aren't even competitive in their weak areas, whereas the Tories have a puncher's chance of the lead on the NHS and Education, supposed Labour strengths.

Two thirds of Labour 2015 voters cannot bring themselves to say that Corbyn would make a better PM than Theresa.

On Leave/remain numbers - I reckon the Tories would win a GE by about five to six million votes.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Scott_P said:
    First Sunday of Advent, in my opinion.
    That's next Sunday, how can it be Christmas when there's still F1 races to watch?

Fourth Sunday of Advent, for me, as that is the day my tree goes up!
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    edited November 2016
    Speedy said:

Tim_B said:

Speedy said:

AndyJS said:

Well according to the revised exit polls (final estimates will come next year), 1 in 7 african american men voted for Trump.

It varies from state to state, but the most impressive number is 42% of Hispanic men in Arizona voted for Trump, a 17 point increase from Romney.

All in all the only group which Trump performed worse than Romney were rich whites, which is also evident in the county map.
    A load of rubbish !

There was a swing to Clinton compared to Obama in AZ. It wasn't the WWC that was doing it. It was the surge of Hispanics.

2012: R 53.7% D 44.6%

2016: R 49.5% D 45.4%

So, where do you get this guff from ?
  • Options
    Duterte of Philippines fame.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Scott_P said:
    Turkey is ordered, booze is bought, party invites are out. But that is as Christmassy as I'm going to get for weeks....
  • Options
    F1: Ladbrokes has a Max Verstappen Specials market.

I'd steer clear of the multiple title bets because the odds are short and the time frame long.

Interesting that beating Schumacher's win total (ie hitting 92) is 17, but reaching 100 or more is 34.

The only one I'd give serious consideration would be 5 for him to take the title next year. But that is a shot in the dark.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Scott_P said:
    first weekend after Remembrance Sunday. Indeed at my church they serve mince pies and sherry after the Remembrance Service.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    It's been christmas in Costco for a month....
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Speedy said:

What on Earth are they doing in California - do they have only half a dozen people counting the whole damn State? Hurry up, some of us are waiting for bets to pay out!!

Using the Orange County website:

http://www.ocvote.com/stayconnected/news/newsfeeds/

" Post Election Rundown: A 51 hour journey of a single ballot"

(Too long too post here, it's 10 steps long)

So long story short, they count them in a machine, then they count them a 2nd time by hand, then a 3rd time by a machine, then a 4th time by hand, then they move them somewhere else to counted a 5th time by hand, then they scan them all, and then they move all the scans to be counted.

And of course:

"Post Election Rundown: 174 observers, 1 million ballots and provisionals"

"In recent days we have had up to 174 observers on-site at a single time, observing the post election ballot counting and processing."
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Turkey is ordered, booze is bought, party invites are out. But that is as Christmassy as I'm going to get for weeks....
    Heard my first Christmas song on the radio this afternoon. They could at least wait until December.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    first weekend after Remembrance Sunday. Indeed at my church they serve mince pies and sherry after the Remembrance Service.
    Well it's Stir Sunday this weekend, and the pudding will be made at our house.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Heard my first Christmas song on the radio this afternoon. They could at least wait until December.
    If I was PM I would make it illegal for anything remotely xmasy to be sold or advertised before 1st December. Bah Humbug.
  • Options
    FenmanFenman Posts: 1,047
    Answering the question: Nick Clegg?
  • Options
    Makes me wonder though whether Paddy have paid out on a white xmas yet?
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    If I was PM I would make it illegal for anything remotely xmasy to be sold or advertised before 1st December. Bah Humbug.
    You've got my vote!
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Is there any point putting things no one cares about on the list? Like the LibDems.

Brexit should be on the list, perhaps the EU too!

Putin and Merkel should stay on, tbough Putins toll army may bias the poll a bit.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Sandpit said:

Speedy said:

What on Earth are they doing in California - do they have only half a dozen people counting the whole damn State? Hurry up Sacramento, some of us are waiting for bets to pay out!!
    The attitude in America is that as soon as the overall winner is known there's no particular hurry to finish counting all the votes. "Why spend money on something that doesn't matter any more?" seems to be their way of looking at it.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

Scott_P said:
    The Tesco advert is quite clever in that sense, but I think they may end up irritating more people than they bring in.
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    We have a radio station here that broadcasts nothing but Christmas music from Thanksgiving onwards.
  • Options
    A friend came round to our flat on Wednesday and cheerily announced that they had put up their Christmas tree that morning.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Speedy said:

Tim_B said:

Speedy said:

AndyJS said:

A load of rubbish !

There was a swing to Clinton compared to Obama in AZ. It wasn't the WWC that was doing it. It was the surge of Hispanics.

2012: R 53.7% D 44.6%

2016: R 49.5% D 45.4%

So, where do you get this guff from ?
    It wasn't Hispanics, it was Wealthy Whites, you can also notice it on the county maps, Trump gained along the US-Mexico border particularly in Texas, it was the cities that moved to Hillary.

Here look at it yourself, compare the 2012 Exit Poll with the 2016 Exit Poll:

http://edition.cnn.com/election/2012/results/state/AZ/president/

http://edition.cnn.com/election/results/exit-polls/arizona/president
  • Options
    edited November 2016

Scott_P said:
    One good thing about America is that nothing Christmassy appears until Thanksgiving is out of the way.

I always liked Thanksgiving, as a very family oriented and uncommercial festival with a very positive vibe. We continued it in my family for some years after returning from the States.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

This is going to upset those who thought yesterday YouGov had Leave on 68%

By 46% to 43% those polled by YouGov say it was right to vote to leave the EU

Perhaps, the most interesting thing is the fact that Remainers are more likely to believe we did the right thing in leaving, then leavers believe we did the wrong thing. Likewise, Remainers seem less certain about the wisdom of their vote - only 87% sure we made a mistake.

That suggests that events, post referendum, have moved people marginally towards Leave.

On the more mundane leadership issue, it goes without saying that Theresa continues to whup Jezza's backside, but Labour are now:

18 points behind the Tories on Brexit, and third behind UKIP;
    22 points behind the Tories on the economy;
    22 points behind the Tories on Laura Norder;
    13 points behind the Tories on immigration, and third behind UKIP.

Labour aren't even competitive in their weak areas, whereas the Tories have a puncher's chance of the lead on the NHS and Education, supposed Labour strengths.

Two thirds of Labour 2015 voters cannot bring themselves to say that Corbyn would make a better PM than Theresa.

On Leave/remain numbers - I reckon the Tories would win a GE by about five to six million votes.
    Bootle tantalisingly within Theresa May's grasp.......
  • Options

A friend came round to our flat on Wednesday and cheerily announced that they had put up their Christmas tree that morning.

You make it sound like a suppository
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Early chatter of a GOP rebellion over the Sessions appointment. Hopefully Trump and his team reconsider, it would be an absolutely terrible idea. Conservative I understand, openly racist against blacks, I don't.

Trump seems to be very focused on appointing racists and white supremacists onto his senior team. The silence from the right about this is deafening. You are one of the very few on here, for example, who has unambiguously condemned it. Previous - and rightful - right-wing outrage over Labour anti-semitism now has a lot more context: it was partisan, nor principled.

• Options
    Mr. Meeks, one trusts you slapped them around the head and neck with a large fish?
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,736
    jcesmond said:

We're not going to "sever all ties with Europe! What are we going to do, sail away to Diamantina?

That's what people voted for. The government has to deliver it sooner than immediately.
    They voted to leave the EU. The EU isn't Europe.

The Nats have the same problem, forever equating the SNP with Scotland.
    In political, diplomatic and economic terms the EU is Europe. We will be severing ties with THAT Europe, or possibly trying to work out a new semi-detached relationship with it.

The SNP/Scotland conflation is a different type of issue. Maybe the equivalent is Brexiteers claiming to speak for Britain.
  • Options
    @Morris_Dancer My thoughts ran more along the lines suggested by @Tim_B but on this occasion discretion was the better part of valour.
  • Options
    Mr. Observer, it's disturbing.

Has he nominated a new Supreme Court judge yet?
  • Options

That is just insane.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

Early chatter of a GOP rebellion over the Sessions appointment. Hopefully Trump and his team reconsider, it would be an absolutely terrible idea. Conservative I understand, openly racist against blacks, I don't.

Trump seems to be very focused on appointing racists and white supremacists onto his senior team. The silence from the right about this is deafening. You are one of the very few on here, for example, who has unambiguously condemned it. Previous - and rightful - right-wing outrage over Labour anti-semitism now has a lot more context: it was partisan, nor principled.

Is tbere a market on David Duke for Secretary of State?
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    One good thing about America is that nothing Christmassy appears until Thanksgiving is out of the way.

I always liked Thanksgiving, as a very family oriented and uncommercial festival with a very positive vibe. We continued it in my family for some years after returning from the States.
    Thanksgiving is a great get together for family and friends, a great tradition. Over the years our family has enjoyed many good memories.

Another great Thanksgiving tradition - I am reliably told by a fan - is at 4pm, when Dallas always plays at home. (there is also the Detroit home game at 1pm, but who cares about that?)
  • Options
    @Surbiton

Arizona

Whites 2012 (74% of voters)

Romney 66
    Obama 32

Whites 2016 (75% of voters)

Trump 54
    Hillary 40

Hispanics 2012 (18% of voters)

Romney 25
    Obama 74

Hispanics 2016 (15% of voters)

Trump 31
    Hillary 61

Party ID 2012

DEM 26
    REP 35
    IND 39

Party ID 2016

DEM 28
    REP 32
    IND 40

There is no doubt that the result in Arizona was close because White Democrats surged, but that was countered by Hispanic men going Trump.

In Pennsylvania you also get the same pattern with African American men (14% for Trump vs 1% for A.A. Women).
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

Wednesday? Why so late? We've had our Christmas reindeer lights in the garden for a week. .
  • Options

Mr. Meeks, one trusts you slapped them around the head and neck with a large fish?

The radio station here that plays only Christmas music after Thanksgiving calls itself 'the fish'. I wish someone would slap it around the head and neck.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

That is just insane.

No doubt for their New Years celebration, they'll be hunting the Easter Bunny.

• Options
    weejonnie said:

Wednesday? Why so late? We've had our Christmas reindeer lights in the garden for a week. .
    Landing lights?
  • Options
    Mr. B, well, that's the price you pay for living in the colonies.

Anyway, I must be off.
  • Options

@Morris_Dancer My thoughts ran more along the lines suggested by @Tim_B but on this occasion discretion was the better part of valour.

Nah - you just have a higher sphincter factor :smile:
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited November 2016
    nunu said:

Michael McDonald ‏@ElectProject 20h20 hours ago

Sanders wins the NH write-ins, with 4,493 votes (0.6%)
    Transgender bathroom Gov. guy loses eventhough Trump won easily, should be a warning shot about putting someone who is too socially conservative on the supreme court.

Marc E. Elias ‏@marceelias 3h3 hours ago

Big day in North Carolina—Gov. Elect Cooper’s lead jumped to 6,026. I expect this to continue to grow as the canvass continues.
    0 replies . 69 retweets 119 likes

NC governor didn't lose because of the transgender bathrooms bill was considered distasteful. He lost because the transgender bathroom bill caused the state to lose millions in business/sporting events.
  • Options

Mr. B, well, that's the price you pay for living in the colonies.

Anyway, I must be off.

I've always thought you were :wink:
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Tim_B said:

weejonnie said:

Landing lights?
    It actually snowed in some parts of Britain last night, adding to the Christmas feeling.
  • Options

Sarah Olney

Who?
    :smile:
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

The radio station here that plays only Christmas music after Thanksgiving calls itself 'the fish'. I wish someone would slap it around the head and neck.
    The plaice to be for Christmas....?
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Terrible news Stein is going to beat the 1% figure easily.
  • Options

Tim_B said:

The plaice to be for Christmas....?
    only if you're hard of herring.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

That is just insane.
    Yes, Meeks used friend in the present tense.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Tim_B said:

weejonnie said:

Landing lights?
    It actually snowed in some parts of Britain last night, adding to the Christmas feeling.
    I still remember living through the winter of 1964 in Yorkshire as a kid.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

In Leicester the lights go up at the beginning of October for Diwali, and stay up for Christmas.

Happy Winterval :-)
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,972

weejonnie said:

In Leicester the lights go up at the beginning of October for Diwali, and stay up for Christmas.

I've just been triggered.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,651

A little early; even a scofflaw like Trump has to be sworn in before he can think about that.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Speedy said:

They surely have to have the votes certified before the electoral college votes.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Nigelb said:

A little early; even a scofflaw like Trump has to be sworn in before he can think about that.
    Oh he has thought about it :p
  • Options
    I see the EPL has signed a contract with a Chinese entity for 'up to' $700 million for online streaming of games in China for 3 years. By NFL standards the amount is fairly miniscule but props to the EPL for starting to bid up TV contracts.
  • Options
    Further proof that minorities swung to Trump:

https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/799452760194293760
  • Options
    And a warm welcome to the utterly charming new director of the CIA (who bears a passing resemblance to the late James Ganolfini:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pompeo
  • Options

weejonnie said:

I would have thought the Leicester City soccer team would have been lit up
  • Options
    RobD said:

Alistair said:

Speedy said:

They surely have to have the votes certified before the electoral college votes.
    At their pace I think they are going to make it by Dec. 13th in the nick of time.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Can you win 0 votes - or do you lose 0 votes? How does that work? Ah - you just receive 0 votes.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Tim_B said:

Speedy said:

Can you win 0 votes - or do you lose 0 votes? How does that work? Ah - you just receive 0 votes.
    Like a team winning no matches last season.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Nigelb said:

The evidence suggests not; there seems to be no cutout between his thought and speech processes...
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,736
    Nigelb said:

And a warm welcome to the utterly charming new director of the CIA (who bears a passing resemblance to the late James Ganolfini:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pompeo

From that article:
    Pompeo supported the federal Government shutdown of 2013, blaming President Obama while acknowledging that the Republican Party could take a hit from the shutdown. He stated that he believed the shutdown was necessary to avoid a predicted "American financial collapse 10 years from now.

I wonder what Pompeo and like-minded Republicans feel about the fiscal deterioration predicted for the Trump regime, compared with the Obama situation he was striking against.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

RobD said:

Nigelb said:

The evidence suggests not; there seems to be no cutout between his thought and speech processes...
    He's already discussed who he may nominate. I recall there being a long list of potential candidates?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,080
    Alistair said:

Every visit to a German Bierkeller is going to bring back painful memories for you from now on. :)
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    Mortimer said:

@TSE Where do you stand on potato on pizza?

Chorizo, Rosemary and Potato pizza in the fridge for this evening. Given I'm moping around with a stinking cold I've been looking forward to it all day.
    Good grief! If you have a stinking cold a pizza will not do you any good. What you need is a damn hot curry; whisky with lemon juice, honey and glycerine topped up with hot water (lots of those drinks) and an extra blanket on the bed.
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Chorizo, Rosemary and Potato pizza in the fridge for this evening. Given I'm moping around with a stinking cold I've been looking forward to it all day.
    Good grief! If you have a stinking cold a pizza will not do you any good. What you need is a damn hot curry; whisky with lemon juice, honey and glycerine topped up with hot water (lots of those drinks) and an extra blanket on the bed.
    Try the hottest tom yum kung soup you can find. It always seems to work wonders when I'm starting to get a cold.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,007
    PC Gamers: Hitman, the entire first season, is under £20 on Steam right now.
  • Options
    The final 2016 swing map per county (pending final California results):

https://twitter.com/chrisapplegate/status/799314954323169280

Southern California, Southern Arizona, Mormons, and most City centres swung Hillary, the rest swung Trump.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

@Surbiton

Arizona

Romney 66
    Obama 32

Trump 54
    Hillary 40

Romney 25
    Obama 74

Trump 31
    Hillary 61

Party ID 2012

DEM 26
    REP 35
    IND 39

Party ID 2016

DEM 28
    REP 32
    IND 40

There is no doubt that the result in Arizona was close because White Democrats surged, but that was countered by Hispanic men going Trump.

In Pennsylvania you also get the same pattern with African American men (14% for Trump vs 1% for A.A. Women).

These are from a poll. Do you still believe in polls or only when it suits you ? So the White vote went to Clinton - only in AZ and the Hispanic vote went to Trump - only in AZ ?

Do you still believe in Santa Claus ?
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Tim_B said:

weejonnie said:

I would have thought the Leicester City soccer team would have been lit up
    They often are.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

PC Gamers: Hitman, the entire first season, is under £20 on Steam right now.

Is it any good?

:D
  • Options

MaxPB said:

Plato is probably clapping somewhere.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Speedy said:

@Surbiton

Arizona

Romney 66
    Obama 32

Trump 54
    Hillary 40

Romney 25
    Obama 74

Trump 31
    Hillary 61

Party ID 2012

DEM 26
    REP 35
    IND 39

Party ID 2016

DEM 28
    REP 32
    IND 40

These are from a poll. Do you still believe in polls or only when it suits you ? So the White vote went to Clinton - only in AZ and the Hispanic vote went to Trump - only in AZ ?

Isn't that from the exit poll? Those tend to be better than normal polls.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,044
    edited November 2016
    So much wrong in this story:

A bill which would allow men accused of raping underage girls to be cleared if they marry the girl has been preliminarily backed by Turkish MPs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38030182
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Speedy said:

@Surbiton

Arizona

Romney 66
    Obama 32

Trump 54
    Hillary 40

Romney 25
    Obama 74

Trump 31
    Hillary 61

Party ID 2012

DEM 26
    REP 35
    IND 39

Party ID 2016

DEM 28
    REP 32
    IND 40

I also believe in Results.

And the results say that outside of Southern California, Trump indeed got more votes from minorities than Romney.

Hillary only recorded a swing in her favour among wealthy urban whites (the Micheal Bloomberg vote).

The Texas, N.Mexico and Colorado county results are definite proof of that alongside with the Philadelphia precinct results and Georgia.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

Mortimer said:

Try the hottest tom yum kung soup you can find. It always seems to work wonders when I'm starting to get a cold.
    Each to their own, Mr. Glenn. I prefer the Indian to the fully oriental but I think the principle is the same.

For the past few years I have been cold free and I put this down to taking the medicine on a precautionary principle. Once I have had my flu jab in October I switch over to at least one good hot curry a week and a whisky, lemon, glycerine and hot water drink after my morning walk every day. If I feel a sniffle coming on then its straight to the curry house and double down on the medicinal drink, seems to work very well.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    edited November 2016
    Tim_B said:

I see the EPL has signed a contract with a Chinese entity for 'up to' $700 million for online streaming of games in China for 3 years. By NFL standards the amount is fairly miniscule but props to the EPL for starting to bid up TV contracts.

It is significant in the sense that it's overseas TV rights. The EPL must make far, far more from overseas TV rights than the NFL does.

Indeed how much does the NFL make from overseas TV rights? I think the amounts are so small that nothing has ever been reported.

eg NBC pays $1bn for 6 years of US rights to the EPL

Whereas Sky pays peanuts for UK rights to the NFL
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Delete.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    MikeL said:

Tim_B said:

It is significant in the sense that it's overseas TV rights. The EPL must make far, far more from overseas TV rights than the NFL does.

Indeed how much does the NFL make from overseas TV rights? I think the amounts are so small that nothing has ever been reported.

Overseas rights are heading towards £3bn
  • Options
    mattmatt Posts: 3,789

weejonnie said:

Really? They weren't obvious last weekend. As an aside, Newport were awful.
  • Options
    The middle of the road has shifted fast:

https://twitter.com/SamHarrisOrg/status/799661413706788868

You can rename it as "Why Chuka Umunna is such a bad fit for Labour".
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    chestnut said:

MikeL said:

Tim_B said:

Overseas rights are heading towards £3bn
    Indeed - that's the PL's overseas rights for 2016-19 - marginally over £1bn per year.

The Chinese deal referred to in the earlier post isn't even in that number - because it runs from 2019 to 2022. The current Chinese deal for 2016 to 2019 is trivial in comparison.
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Each to their own, Mr. Glenn. I prefer the Indian to the fully oriental but I think the principle is the same.

For the past few years I have been cold free and I put this down to taking the medicine on a precautionary principle. Once I have had my flu jab in October I switch over to at least one good hot curry a week and a whisky, lemon, glycerine and hot water drink after my morning walk every day. If I feel a sniffle coming on then its straight to the curry house and double down on the medicinal drink, seems to work very well.
    Manuka honey.

Although most of it is supposedly of doubtful origin.

Still you could add it to your hot lemon drinks.
  • Options
    Merkel's expected to officially announce her candidature for a 4th term on Sunday.
  • Options
    Re the previous thread.

On what do the LibDems want to hold a second EU referendum ?

If the government's negotiations were voted down in a referendum then the default is hard and probably disorderly Brexit.

Or do the LibDems think that the UK would be magically transported onto the EverCloserUnion train ?
  • Options
    PlankPlank Posts: 71
    edited November 2016
    Fpt @pulpstar

About betfair mobile. There is a free app produced by betfair for mobile devices that is marginally better than the betfair mobile website. At least the android version that I use is.
This discussion has been closed.