Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Hillary is now even more than reliant on the First Lady to get

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Indigo said:

ydoethur said:

Mr. Observer, on the plus side, someone here did tip Trump for North Carolina at about 3.5.

Mr Dancer, I would like to say that the safety of the planet trumps the optimum outcome for your book.

The snag is that it is now nearly impossible to make the argument that one of these two is not an appalling cretin who should be locked up with a straight face.

I just don't see equivalence between Hillary not using proper email protocols and Trump's racism and sexual predatory.

Some of the emails allegedly discussed the identities of agents operating undercover in hostile territory, that information was available to any foreign power with a half competent hacking team (ie. most of them) and will get people killed, although by the nature of their jobs we will never know who, where, or how many. It's rather surprising you cannot see the equivalence between sexual predatory acts and getting people killed.
    Strange that the same people outraged at this are ebulient when Wikileaks and co put field agents in danger.

For what high office in the USA is Wikileaks running?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    ydoethur said:

MaxPB said:

Jobabob said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Whites everyone suddenly think Clinton is doomed?

Are you all heavily laying her at a great price?

Its beginning to feel inevitable at this point. I don't know why, I've started to back Trump. Wish I'd gone in 6 when it was available.
    Some of us have him at 6.5 and still think he'll lose
    It just feels like we're all going to wake up on the 9th and look at each other, stunned as Donald takes the rust belt on the back of rare voters.
    Well, it's possible. But remember what we said when Jeremy Corbyn said he would get non-voters to vote Labour - the problem is that non-voters don't vote. It's a sine qua non for the role, indeed. So his path still looks too steep and rocky.

If it were any candidate other than Hilary, this race would have been over months ago and the most one-sided election since 1936. That we're even discussing a possible Republican victory, and were doing so even before today's events, is an extremely damning comment on her weakness.
    The fact that there is still a contest at all is pretty damning of the culture wars in the USA. The Republicans picked and 40%ish of the US voters are willing to give the highest office in the land to a man unfit for a Seventies BBC light entertainment show.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:
    So you are still happy quoting from a source that provably lied about the contents of the Podesta e-mails?
    Is that a typo for "probably"?

Just asking for a lawyer friend.
    No, provably.

They claim an email is an email from Hilary Clinton and link to it on Wikileaks. A quick look at the sender field shows it comes from a right wing Netherlands crank newsletter that spammed a whole host of email addresses. It wasn't even sent to Clinton never mind sent by her.
    Link?
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Indigo said:

ydoethur said:

Mr. Observer, on the plus side, someone here did tip Trump for North Carolina at about 3.5.

Mr Dancer, I would like to say that the safety of the planet trumps the optimum outcome for your book.

The snag is that it is now nearly impossible to make the argument that one of these two is not an appalling cretin who should be locked up with a straight face.

I just don't see equivalence between Hillary not using proper email protocols and Trump's racism and sexual predatory.

Some of the emails allegedly discussed the identities of agents operating undercover in hostile territory, that information was available to any foreign power with a half competent hacking team (ie. most of them) and will get people killed, although by the nature of their jobs we will never know who, where, or how many. It's rather surprising you cannot see the equivalence between sexual predatory acts and getting people killed.
    Strange that the same people outraged at this are ebulient when Wikileaks and co put field agents in danger.

The Republicans do seem rather in bed with Wikileaks.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Mr. Mark, a nice idea, but I doubt suddenly hundreds of strangers are checking my blog daily because of that.

Besides, I only have two tips that could legitimately be described as long odds, and one of those was back when Brown was PM.

That doesn't stop OGH going on about a 50-1 bet he suggested for the 2008 Presidential election - I'm not sure Brown had even taken over at that point!!
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,608
    Alistair said:

MaxPB said:

Jobabob said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Its beginning to feel inevitable at this point. I don't know why, I've started to back Trump. Wish I'd gone in 6 when it was available.
    It just feels like we're all going to wake up on the 9th and look at each other, stunned as Donald takes the rust belt on the back of rare voters.
    If the ambiguous FBI statement hadn't been made would you be thinking this?
    No, because there would still be enough enthusiasm to carry her, now I don't think there will.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,988
    Mr. Mark, ha, I have mentioned the Button tip a few times (and the Verstappen one as well).
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Ishmael_X said:

Indigo said:

ydoethur said:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend....
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    Alistair said:
    Been out all night and all day. Can someone explain to me in two sentences what this story is about? I cannot see what, if anything, it has to do with Hils. Isn't it some associate of hers? Don't get it.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited October 2016
    GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:
    So you are still happy quoting from a source that provably lied about the contents of the Podesta e-mails?

No, provably.

They claim an email is an email from Hilary Clinton and link to it on Wikileaks. A quick look at the sender field shows it comes from a right wing Netherlands crank newsletter that spammed a whole host of email addresses. It wasn't even sent to Clinton never mind sent by her.
    Link?
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/wikileaks-bombshell-racist-hillary-trashes-african-americans-calls-losers

Oh look, it's been taken down.

Fortunately archive.org took a snapshot of their libel

http://web.archive.org/web/20161018003119/http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/wikileaks-bombshell-racist-hillary-trashes-african-americans-calls-losers/

The lie was widely disseminated on the Internet (for example twitter.com/Darren32895836/status/784607253328498690 ) and Plato repeated it multiple times.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:

No, provably.

Link?
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/wikileaks-bombshell-racist-hillary-trashes-african-americans-calls-losers

http://web.archive.org/web/20161018003119/http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/10/wikileaks-bombshell-racist-hillary-trashes-african-americans-calls-losers/
    So you're demonstrating that somebody on the internet once said something in error and then retracted the post?

I think its a disgrace and we should shut down the internet pending a full judge-led inquiry.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850

ydoethur said:

MaxPB said:

Jobabob said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Well, it's possible. But remember what we said when Jeremy Corbyn said he would get non-voters to vote Labour - the problem is that non-voters don't vote. It's a sine qua non for the role, indeed. So his path still looks too steep and rocky.

If it were any candidate other than Hilary, this race would have been over months ago and the most one-sided election since 1936. That we're even discussing a possible Republican victory, and were doing so even before today's events, is an extremely damning comment on her weakness.
    The fact that there is still a contest at all is pretty damning of the culture wars in the USA. The Republicans picked and 40%ish of the US voters are willing to give the highest office in the land to a man unfit for a Seventies BBC light entertainment show.
    Republicans and Democrats view each other as subhuman.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:

No, provably.

Link?

So you're demonstrating that somebody on the internet once said something in error and then retracted the post?

I think its a disgrace and we should shut down the internet pending a full judge-led inquiry.
    You were the one threatening me with talk of lawyers hoping to get a humiliating climb down from me. You wanted proof and I damn well gave it to you. Suck it up and move on.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:

No, provably.

Link?

You were the one threatening me with talk of lawyers hoping to get a humiliating climb down from me. You wanted proof and I damn well gave it to you. Suck it up and move on.
    LOL bite!
  • Options
    BREAKING NEWS: Knifeman on the run after stabbing four people in Frankfurt train station
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,907
    Sean_F said:

ydoethur said:

MaxPB said:

Jobabob said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

American politics, and American culture in general, has become increasingly polarised and divisive. No matter the result of the election, with two such devisive candidates and such a horribly negative campaign, I genuinely fear for public order in the next couple of years.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    Sean_F said:

ydoethur said:

MaxPB said:

Jobabob said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Not so. My brother's family are split down the middle. They are also a kind, loving family and just agree to disagree. (This year the two GOPers are voting Hillary and not voting however - can't stand Trump)
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

So, Trump looks like he's going to do it. Blimey.

How have you rated Romney's term as president?

Ha, ha. I am merely summarising the mood among some on here. I actually have no idea. My heart tells me that most American voters are not so stupid as to put Trump in the White House; but my head tells me I only know a very small, well-educated and extremely privileged portion of the population.

• Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

BREAKING NEWS: Knifeman on the run after stabbing four people in Frankfurt train station

Let me guess. He is called David.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Sean_F said:

ydoethur said:

MaxPB said:

Jobabob said:

MaxPB said:

Alistair said:

Yes a very partisan country for a non parliamentary system. I think their broadcast rules aswelll as the gerrymandering on both sides have really let them down.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,296
    edited October 2016

Ishmael_X said:

Indigo said:

ydoethur said:

Assange and Trump in bed together is a mental image I could have done without...

Edit- more seriously, you are of course right about Wikileaks, and the fact they are backing Trump so hard reveals them to be the bunch of pseudo-anarchist stooges we always thought they were.

However, they do also show why we should have tough e-security.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:

No, provably.

Link?

LOL bite!
    Ah, the old 'I was proved wrong so I'll try to pretend it was a troll all along' two step.

• Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited October 2016

Ishmael_X said:

Indigo said:

ydoethur said:

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I, like many others, remember when the shoe was on the other foot.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Just had a quick look at the Nevada early voting stats

39815 Other
    98055 Dems
    62943 Reps

In total there's 1.4 million registered voters so that's 13% of the state voted.

As ever, names and distrcit of voters available on gov website http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/election/Pages/EV_TurnoutData.aspx

Its a lot more than that. 378,558 early/mail-in voters in Nevada up to 10pm 28/10/16 US Pacific time. So that's 27% of registered voters so far.

Dems have a margin in early over Reps just a tad behind that in 2012, when Obama carried the state.

http://nvsos.gov/sos/home/showdocument?id=4543
    Big Doh moment from me, I was just looking at the website of Clark County not all of Nevada!
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

39815 Other
    98055 Dems
    62943 Reps

In total there's 1.4 million registered voters so that's 13% of the state voted.

As ever, names and distrcit of voters available on gov website http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/election/Pages/EV_TurnoutData.aspx

Its a lot more than that. 378,558 early/mail-in voters in Nevada up to 10pm 28/10/16 US Pacific time. So that's 27% of registered voters so far.

Dems have a margin in early over Reps just a tad behind that in 2012, when Obama carried the state.

Big Doh moment from me, I was just looking at the website of Clark County not all of Nevada!
    I'll be digging into the Washoe County stats later as how it goes so does the state. But at first blush Dems registration are smashing Reps out of the park in early voting in Washoe and the overall figure seems well up.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

39815 Other
    98055 Dems
    62943 Reps

Isn't Washoe County the one to look at - Dems slightly ahead.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Alistair said:
    Been out all night and all day. Can someone explain to me in two sentences what this story is about? I cannot see what, if anything, it has to do with Hils. Isn't it some associate of hers? Don't get it.
    Her aide and ex-wife of Weiner had some emails on his computer. The content of these is unknown, apparently not yet investigated by the FBI, but apparently worthy of attention.

It is not yet known whether there is anything relating to Clinton's State emails at all, but it has been assumed that where there is smoke there is fire.

• Options
    nielhnielh Posts: 1,307
    Things look pretty bad for the democrats at the moment, but it is worth remembering that they probably have a lot more dirt on Trump up their sleeves, saving the best for last etc

• Options
    edited October 2016
    weejonnie said:

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

39815 Other
    98055 Dems
    62943 Reps

Isn't Washoe County the one to look at - Dems slightly ahead.
    Absolutely, it's the swing county. Dem voter registration is below where I thought it would be but I'm projecting Hilary 48 Trump 43 based on reg numbers alone. And Hilary not being arrested between now and polling day.
  • Options
    nunu said:

PlatoSaid said:

Adam D Brown
    Florida Poll (10/25-27):
    @auto_alliance/@ESAGovAffairs

Trump 48% (+6)
    Clinton 42
    Johnson 2

3% shift toward Trump in a day https://t.co/zMKXVVKrtw

Yet the same polling company, conducting polling over exactly the same period in Ohio, had an equally improbable result of Clinton 5% ahead there, a previously marginal state where she had reportedly been struggling. Taking all their statewide polls on that day, there wasn't much to suggest movement overall.

We have yet to see whether the e-mail stuff shifts the polling (and early voting).
    Ipsos: FL: Clinton + 4
    The Florida polling has been remarkably consistent and in line with early voting when comparing with 2012.
    Republicans leading by 62000 in mail returns - Democrats by 39000 in early voting. I would say that is probably better than it was for the Republicans.
  • Options
    MrsBMrsB Posts: 574
    It may be worth saying that although Clinton is down a notch and Trump up compared to their high/low points, and although Clinton is only about 5% ahead of Trump in the popular vote, according to Nate Silver on electoral college Clinton is at 324 and Trump at 212. http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Funny old system the US uses.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,466
    I was musing the other day, I think the problems in 'The West' at the moment are really due to a misconception about the concept of popular rule. I think people in most countries see democracy as a destination, and when you reach it, you're pretty much in clover. In reality, it is a constant battle. Because whatever laws are nominally in place, powerful interests that run counter to citizens' interests will subvert them. If the people get lazy, stand still, they lose. The Swiss, with their attitude to civic rights and duties, are the only ones I can think of that have it right.
  • Options
    nielh said:

Things look pretty bad for the democrats at the moment, but it is worth remembering that they probably have a lot more dirt on Trump up their sleeves, saving the best for last etc

I think it often takes a few days for events to percolate to the polls so probably too early to tell its significance.

It does seem astonishing by the FBI to leave this hanging. Either reveal the content of the emails or keep quiet.
  • Options
    MrsB said:

It may be worth saying that although Clinton is down a notch and Trump up compared to their high/low points, and although Clinton is only about 5% ahead of Trump in the popular vote, according to Nate Silver on electoral college Clinton is at 324 and Trump at 212. http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

Funny old system the US uses.

Indeed. I mean, in our system when you're five points ahead you only lead by just under a hundred...oh.
  • Options

nielh said:

I think it often takes a few days for events to percolate to the polls so probably too early to tell its significance.

It does seem astonishing by the FBI to leave this hanging. Either reveal the content of the emails or keep quiet.
    Good point about the polls, after the weekend we should get more of an idea.

Yes, the FBI intervention seems bonkers unless they've got something cast-iron against Hillary - which at this point is going to need to be perjury or treason rather than something minor.

Another episode in this election farce, that makes House of Cards look like a documentary!
  • Options
    edited October 2016

nielh said:

I think there are three ways Clinton could be gravely, even terminally damaged by this;

1) if it is revealed that she deleted work-related emails to avoid handing them over, copies of which are now unearthed (this seems unlikely - Abedin seems to have handled the personal rather than political side);

2) if it is revealed that she concealed material information from the earlier probe (more probable - but would she really be stupid enough to put it in an email?)

3) if it is revealed that she was aware she was acting negligently or illegally - I think that's probably all that would be found, but it would still be very damaging.

Realistically, Comey has been trying all along to avoid the implication of a cover up (and don't tell me this wouldn't have leaked via a Trump supporting agent and looked a thousand times worse when it did) but because this has become so intensely political his motives are invariably seized on and spun by both sides for their advantage.

I think we can safely say he will be leaving his role in the next six months - even if he isn't sacked by Clinton when she wins, he will surely have had enough after all this.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Florida - Ohio - Pennsylvania (FOP) - IPSOS/Reuters - Samples 804 - 508 - 445 - All 21-27 Oct

FL - Clinton 49 .. Trump 45
    OH - Clinton 45 .. Trump 45
    PA = Clinton 48 .. Trump 46

Via 538
  • Options
    Minnesota - SUSA - Sample 656 - 22-26 Oct

Clinton 53 .. Trump 42

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=9749ea8d-a14e-4db8-bd3f-13cfb18c9d02
  • Options

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:

No, provably.

Link?

LOL bite!
    Ah, the old 'I was proved wrong so I'll try to pretend it was a troll all along' two step.

Actually I'd heard the original claim/rebuttal on here already.

But I'm between planets in Elite: Dangerous and killing time.
  • Options
    The lay on Rosberg for top 3 on the grid is looking like good value now.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,044
    GeoffM said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

GeoffM said:

Alistair said:

PlatoSaid said:

No, provably.

Link?

LOL bite!

Actually I'd heard the original claim/rebuttal on here already.

But I'm between planets in Elite: Dangerous and killing time.
    Ooooh, so am I! I'm just heading back from Black Hide on Wyrd.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited October 2016
    JackW said:

Florida - Ohio - Pennsylvania (FOP) - IPSOS/Reuters - Samples 804 - 508 - 445 - All 21-27 Oct

Via 538

PA is worrying.

More likely than not the next ipsos dump will show Trump in the lead there, IMO.

Caveat; Small samples, it's ipsos etc etc.

I've taken the 5/1 from betfair sportsbook.

Also - and more significantly, I've reversed my trump lay.

Not punting on trump at current odds, but not prepared to bet against him either.
  • Options
    Pong said:

JackW said:

Via 538

PA is worrying.

More likely than not the next ipsos dump will show Trump in the lead there, IMO.

Not punting on trump at current odds, but not prepared to bet against him either.
    I thought we had an agreement here NEVER to mention Ipsos/Reuters
  • Options
    Pong said:

JackW said:

Via 538

PA is worrying.

Lack of early voting there might really hurt the Dems. If early voting was allowed it would have been a cert by now.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,080
    edited October 2016
    MikeK said:

Is this verified?

Not sure how serious she is...

https://twitter.com/fifisyms/status/792434498398982144
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    MikeK said:
    She cant use the word Conservative on the ballot paper though!!
  • Options
    Maurice Tamman reports on the IPSOS/Reuters analysis of early voting indicating that Clinton enjoys solid leads in some swing states :

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN12T0J6
  • Options
    Pong said:

JackW said:

Via 538

PA is worrying.

The last three PA polls issued yesterday are Clinton +5 +5 +6.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    timmo said:

MikeK said:
    Can they kick her out of the party, if she's not actually standing against an official Conservative candidate?
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    JackW said:

Pong said:

JackW said:

Via 538

PA is worrying.

JackW something is up your ARSE and is jumping around and OMG, it must hurt! ;)
  • Options
    JackW said:

Pong said:

JackW said:

Via 538

PA is worrying.

Events, dear boy, events.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Thank you for your concern Dr. Mike ....

• Options
    Sandpit said:

timmo said:

MikeK said:
    Can they kick her out of the party, if she's not actually standing against an official Conservative candidate?
    Tis a rather peculiar situation that in a safe Tory seat there is no candidate from the Conservative party standing for the governing party.

A rather poor decision from the Prime Minister relating to the Heathrow mess allied to the dither and suspension of Cabinet responsibility.

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,972
    JackW said:

MikeK said:

Now, Jack. Are your ARSE's events regular?
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050

ydoethur said:

It's what I've been posting during this campaign. Hillary Clinton used a private server for official business; probably because she forgot her password, or couldn't get through the security system, and then just found it easier. She has since deleted her personal emails...which again I can understand. She didn't want her personal stuff made public. She has been investigated to high heaven and all that came out was that she breached protocol and was reckless. It's a non story...but because it's Hillary Clinton she deserves locking up.

Irrespective of Trump's sexual character, his racism, his wall, his stupid ranting and lying...he is a psychotic narcissist.

You cannot say the two are the same. You can't...a three year old child could tell you that. If you do think they are the same, your judgement is completely clouded by your ideological bigotry.

But I accept, that people support Trump despite all his faults...that is something else. They know what he is but they hate lefties so much, that they would prefer him to be POTUS.
  • Options
    RobD said:

JackW said:

MikeK said:

As it happens quite irregularly regular .... :sunglasses:
  • Options
    JackW said:

RobD said:

JackW said:

MikeK said:

Maybe you need more BRAN. Or less. One or the other.
  • Options
    JackW said:

Sandpit said:

timmo said:

MikeK said:
    Tis a rather peculiar situation that in a safe Tory seat there is no candidate from the Conservative party standing for the governing party.

A rather poor decision from the Prime Minister relating to the Heathrow mess allied to the dither and suspension of Cabinet responsibility.
    Quite. It's a poor show, when an MP resigns because of a policy disagreement, that he doesn't have someone standing against him supporting the Government and their position on the issue. As I'm tired of saying, there will be fewer planes over Richmond when the new Northern runway opens.
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    Moses_ said:
    What baffles me is how anyone can actively support either candidate. Reluctantly vote for, in a forced choice, yes, but actively support?

Good evening, everyone.
  • Options
    MikeK said:
    Is she pro-runway? Or will that have to be another candidate...
  • Options
    RobD said:

JackW said:

RobD said:

JackW said:

MikeK said:

Maybe you need more BRAN. Or less. One or the other.
    BRAN is the work of the devil ....
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,857
    Looks like the latest email scandal is a storm in a teacup. Comey guilty of a stupendous error of judgment. He will have to go, after the election.
  • Options

MikeK said:
    She is anti Brexit, pro Runway, and judging by her Twitter feed very much rooting for Ed Balls on Strictly.

She's been driven to action through disgust at Zac's flounce.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Looks like the latest email scandal is a storm in a teacup. Comey guilty of a stupendous error of judgment. He will have to go, after the election.

Based on what? Were the emails nothing after all?
  • Options

MikeK said:
    She is anti Brexit, pro Runway, and judging by her Twitter feed very much rooting for Ed Balls on Strictly.

Lets hope that she adds to the gaity of the Advent election!
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,422

He will be gone for certain once Hillary wins.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    ToryJim said:

Gone as in fired or gone as in er.....you know......
  • Options
    RobD said:

The FBI are (unlike JackW) all fart and no follow through.
  • Options

MikeK said:

Is this verified?

She seems a bit of a shit.
  • Options
    RobD said:

No one knows the contents.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

RobD said:

Yeah, so I'm not sure how Gardenwalker can make such a claim.
  • Options

MikeK said:

Is this verified?

Double-barrelled first name?
  • Options

I think it was the correct thing to do by him given the potebtial ramifications if it had leaked.

His spectacular error of judgement was his ludicrous over the top summer announcement about not prosecuting. That setup has lead him here.
  • Options

RobD said:

The FBI are (unlike JackW) all fart and no follow through.
    Praise indeed .... :smiley:
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869

MikeK said:

Lets hope that she adds to the gaity of the Advent election!
    Disgust at the party leadership's tactics also plays a part, presumably.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Alistair said:

RobD said:

If there is explosive stuff in there then the American public should be told about the explosive stuff, not that emails exist..

If there isnt explosive stuff in there then what's the point of telling people that they exist? It will just result in innuendo and conspiracy theory.
  • Options

MikeK said:

Is this verified?

Double-barrelled first name?
    That's slightly off-putting yes, but it's more that she went on a Twitter melt-down about her husband's sacking but her main grievance seems to have been the lack of 'loyalty' shown. As if assiduous toadying should have been enough to keep him in a job. It reeks of rather unpleasant entitlement.
  • Options
    nunu said:

ToryJim said:

Fired/resigned/reassigned.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

RobD said:

Alistair said:

RobD said:

If there is explosive stuff in there then the American public should be told about the explosive stuff, not that emails exist..

If there isnt explosive stuff in there then what's the point of telling people that they exist? It will just result in innuendo and conspiracy theory.
    Yeah, the point is we don't know. So how can you say it is a storm in a teacup.
  • Options
    ToryJim said:

nunu said:

ToryJim said:

Is that like divorced/beheaded/died?
  • Options
    ToryJim said:

nunu said:

ToryJim said:

Fired
    In a kiln probably.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    RobD said:

Comey has nothing else to add.
    The media are now focusing on the damage to Clinton's campaign rather than any actual wrongdoing.
    The emails are not even from Clinton.
    The DOJ have come out and said Comey is a twat (give or take).

I'm calling it - a storm in a tea cup inspired by a dangerously naive at best FBI director.
  • Options

RobD said:

The media are now focusing on the damage to Clinton's campaign rather than any actual wrongdoing.

I'm calling it - a storm in a tea cup inspired by a dangerously naive at best FBI director.
    How do we know the emails aren't from Clinton? As you say, Comey hasn't divulged much.
  • Options

RobD said:

This is the DoJ whose leader has taken the 5th?
  • Options

ToryJim said:

nunu said:

ToryJim said:

Is that like divorced/beheaded/died?
    Possibly although perhaps Mr Dancer of this parish will field an inquiry to borrow one of his trebuchets from Chappaqua.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

How do we know the emails aren't from Clinton? As you say, Comey hasn't divulged much.
    They're on Weiner's machine.

We are ten days from an election, folks. Maybe the most divisive in a generation. You put up or you shut up.

Imagine if it happened in the UK. Its indefensible.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

We are ten days from an election, folks. Maybe the most divisive in a generation. You put up or you shut up.

How does that mean it can't contain emails from Clinton?

These two would never have got to the top of their parties in the UK to start with.
  • Options
    steve_garnersteve_garner Posts: 1,019
    Mr Gardenwalker seems to know a lot about these emails. Perhaps he can provide some evidence.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

Mr Gardenwalker seems to know a lot about these emails. Perhaps he can provide some evidence.

I was not aware that the contents of the E-Mails had been released yet, or what avenue the FBI wish to pursue with the case. – Is there a link to this new info?
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

We do not know the accuser,

We do not know the charges,

We do not know the evidence,

We do not know the process,

We do not know the judge,

We do not know the time or the place of The Trial,

Yet, failure to refute the charges by a week on Tuesday will be damning.

God Bless American Justice in the Land of the Free!
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    edited October 2016

RobD said:

RobD said:

Comey legally had to tell Congress if new evidence came to light, because of his previous testimony. And NOT doing so would be just as much political interence.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,080
    nunu said:

ToryJim said:

It's been claimed that Anthony Weiner is living proof that the Clintons don't go around bumping off threats to them.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

I hope that the FBI now sinks Clinton.

The rich and powerful should not get away with stuff which would annihilate regular folks.

If this means President Trump then (pauses slightly) so be it.

This discussion has been closed.