Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New ICM poll finds LAB 17% behind overall with the 75+ group s

Comments

• Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,420
    PlatoSaid said:

Farage 2p on POTUS

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/10/09/the-little-people-have-had-enough---not-just-here-but-in-america/

One thing is for certain: our referendum is being talked about the world over and it may well be the first kick-back against the status quo that leads to a popular revolt across the West. While Trump and Clinton may be the most unpopular presidential candidates ever, there has been a growing distrust of the political class. Just as in the UK, where cash for questions and the MPs’ expenses scandals lead to a chorus of uproar, the elites in Washington are seen as remote and detached.

Brexit wasn't the first (recent, successful) kick-back against the status quo. It might be the highest-profile so far though Trump's nomination as candidate runs it close, but it's not the first. Which is is definitional. Syriza forming the Greek government, perhaps.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807

Morning Joe calls it for Trump. Mika looks grief-stricken. "It was epic. It was vintage Trump."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWcPR_EaE50

That dead horse's backside must be bloody sore, given the flogging it's getting.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,989
    nunu said:

RobD said:

nunu said:

619 said:

Andrew said:

619 said:

Friday Washington Post. So that doesn't fully take 'Pussygate' into account.

Trump better be prepared for some really bad polls over the week

Indeed. Looking at betting opportunities, I'm thinking Clinton with a big handicap in the EC might be worth it. RCP's "no toss-up" map already had 340-198, and you can probably flip Arizona and Iowa too. Both were near 50/50s before the tapes came out, so that's 357-181.

After that? S Carolina and Georgia I guess. Missouri? If it becomes a runaway mess and the debate polling numbers with women holds, do we even have to look further afield? I'm especially looking at Texas, where because of his non-traditional voter appeal Trump was only +6/7ish ahead a couple of weeks back. Surely not? Nice odds though, 6/1 or more.

Would need to look at states where a big gender shift would have the most effect.
    Have you forgotten about the LA times poll tracker? Still has Trump + 3...
    538 adjusts Ras to a 9 point lead! And tied with men! A killer for him.
    Now that I've finished being all excited about one poll with the Tories on a 17% lead I can tell you not to get too excited about just one poll. :D
    Sure. *calms down*.
    Enhance you calm, nunu! :D
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,408
    edited October 2016
    This thread comes up so small I can heardly read it
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

Morning Joe calls it for Trump. Mika looks grief-stricken. "It was epic. It was vintage Trump."

Spare a thought for those GOP officials who denounced Trump before he won.

Now they are stuck in the voterless desert between Hillary voters and Trump voters.

The smartest people are those who waited for the debate just in case.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Jobabob said:

Jobabob said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

After a week of telling us what a disastrous conference TMay and the Conservatives had, along with their unpopular (among the commentariate, if not the voters) grammar school policy, OGH, bless his little cotton socks, couldn't bring himself to write 'Con have 17% lead' so had to write 'Lab 17% behind'.......

You ok, hun?

Phrases that should be banned forthwith for the good of the nation, and all PBers.

1. Virtual signalling
    2. Taking the fight to the Tories
    3. You okay, hun?
    4. Colour me [whatever]
    5. Brexit means Brexit
    6. This
    I god, how could I forget that? Truly teeth-grindingly awful. Yes, put it in Room 101.

@Topping – indeed another for the verboten list. Thanks for citing that one!
    7. Indeed.
    Tr: someone's popped out some oft repeated banality that the indeed-er agrees with. See also 'nail on head'.

8. We shall see.
    Usually dropped in at the end of some mildly adventurous hypothesis that the wannabe Cassandra is too scared to pin their colours to.
    I am guilty of 7. I will endeavour to stop it.

Nail. Head. is certainly one for the list.
    I object to 6, 7 and 8 if they are the only content of the post. Following up on something you agree with, however, I've found it useful to start with an explicit "I agree"-type statement as otherwise people often think you're disagreeing, even though you aren't.
    Yes, but "I agree" is a good way of saying "I agree". "This" sounds so "look at me, I know cool ways of saying stuff on the internet". "+1" is for some reason slightly less annoying.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,792
    Charles said:

Jobabob said:

After a week of telling us what a disastrous conference TMay and the Conservatives had, along with their unpopular (among the commentariate, if not the voters) grammar school policy, OGH, bless his little cotton socks, couldn't bring himself to write 'Con have 17% lead' so had to write 'Lab 17% behind'.......

You ok, hun?

Phrases that should be banned forthwith for the good of the nation, and all PBers.

1. Virtual signalling
    3. You okay, hun?
    4. Colour me [whatever]
    5. Brexit means Brexit
    You okay, hun? Just virtue signalling I guess - colour me scared. Really just another way of taking the fight to the Tories I suppose. But remember: Brexit means Brexit.

Excellent.
    Condensing further...
    You OK taking the fight to the virtue-signalling Tories, hun ?
    Colour me 'Brexit means Brexit'.

• Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

Jobabob said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

You ok, hun?

1. Virtual signalling
    3. You okay, hun?
    4. Colour me [whatever]
    5. Brexit means Brexit
    6. This
    I god, how could I forget that? Truly teeth-grindingly awful. Yes, put it in Room 101.

7. Indeed.
    Tr: someone's popped out some oft repeated banality that the indeed-er agrees with. See also 'nail on head'.

8. We shall see.
    Usually dropped in at the end of some mildly adventurous hypothesis that the wannabe Cassandra is too scared to pin their colours to.

I object to 6, 7 and 8 if they are the only content of the post. Following up on something you agree with, however, I've found it useful to start with an explicit "I agree"-type statement as otherwise people often think you're disagreeing, even though you aren't.
    Yes, but "I agree" is a good way of saying "I agree". "This" sounds so "look at me, I know cool ways of saying stuff on the internet". "+1" is for some reason slightly less annoying.
    Probably because someone saying "this" to agree with you in person would sound like a complete tit.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Umm

Wikileaks
    #PodestaEmails2: People close to the Clintons pushing for "the less Bill [WJC] the better" due to his "sex life" https://t.co/jsCweWJR6A
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Now they are stuck in the voterless desert between Hillary voters and Trump voters.

Trump didn't 'win' though, both the CNN and YouGov polls gave it to Hillary.
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    chestnut said:
    Seems unfair. Ireland (& Denmark) only joined the EU because the UK did and they wanted to keep their trade links. Now, as the UK can't make its bloody mind up on the EEC/EU (opposite result in 1975 vs. 2016) they're being shafted.

Dominic Grieve on the radio sounded just like a hired lawyer effectively putting his client's case for staying in the UK and Parliament having the right to determine if and when to trigger A50.

Given that Cameron sacked him and May didn't appoint him, do I take it that he's become too much one of the awkward squad? Andrew Tyrie was also on R4 criticising the govt. so I think there's no shortage of moderate 'wet' Tory critics although Rory Stewart's been neutralised by being made a DFID minister.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

619 said:

Speedy said:

Having watched the debate now, I can declare that Trump won it.

And he won it at around the 15th minute when the tape issue was put aside.

He won a reprieve, how long and how big it will be is unknown yet.
    Seems it was a good strategy for the RNC to wait for the debate, just in case Trump won it.

Now comes the Foreign Policy debate in 9 days time, Trump's weakest area, though watching this debate Hillary did worse when asked about her foreign policy.

Post debate it doesn't seem to have been. His answer was TERRIBLE on it.
    His answer was actually the best given the circumstances, by the middle of the debate I had forgotten about the tape, and the people in the debate had stopped talking about it too.

Trump the scum won the debate and put the tape away.

On hindsight I believe the democrats did a mistake by releasing the tape before the debate.

Although they had sceduled to release it today to damp any potencial Trump victory on the debate, they decided to release it on Friday to try and screw Trump on the debate stage but it didn't work.
    The two proper polls we have show Hillary winning the debate – your view is unimportant.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-second-debate-probably-didnt-help-trump-and-he-needed-help/
  • Options
    Frank Luntz
    Why did Trump's "prosecutor" line do so well? Because most Americans (56%) think Hillary should've been indicted.

https://t.co/3bwcmxR7VA
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Charles said:

Jobabob said:

You ok, hun?

1. Virtual signalling
    3. You okay, hun?
    4. Colour me [whatever]
    5. Brexit means Brexit
    You okay, hun? Just virtue signalling I guess - colour me scared. Really just another way of taking the fight to the Tories I suppose. But remember: Brexit means Brexit.

Excellent.
    Condensing further...
    Colour Color me 'Brexit means Brexit'.

Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,002
    Mr. Voter, Grieve's wetter than a lettuce in a monsoon.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Nigelb said:

Charles said:

Jobabob said:

You ok, hun?

1. Virtual signalling
    3. You okay, hun?
    4. Colour me [whatever]
    5. Brexit means Brexit

Excellent.
    Condensing further...

Fixed that for you.
    Another bannable phrase.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Ishmael_X said:

Nigelb said:

Charles said:

Jobabob said:

You ok, hun?

1. Virtual signalling
    3. You okay, hun?
    4. Colour me [whatever]
    5. Brexit means Brexit

Excellent.
    Condensing further...

Fixed that for you.
    Another bannable phrase.
    That was rather the point.
  • Options

Speedy said:

Mere details on here.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

You've probably adjusted your font size, can happen if you knock your mouse wheel/slide two fingers on touchpad while Ctrl is pressed (and other ways too).

Press Ctrl + 0 and it should return to default.
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
    Jobabob said:

Speedy said:

619 said:

Speedy said:

Seems it was a good strategy for the RNC to wait for the debate, just in case Trump won it.

Now comes the Foreign Policy debate in 9 days time, Trump's weakest area, though watching this debate Hillary did worse when asked about her foreign policy.

His answer was actually the best given the circumstances, by the middle of the debate I had forgotten about the tape, and the people in the debate had stopped talking about it too.

On hindsight I believe the democrats did a mistake by releasing the tape before the debate.

Although they had sceduled to release it today to damp any potencial Trump victory on the debate, they decided to release it on Friday to try and screw Trump on the debate stage but it didn't work.
    The two proper polls we have show Hillary winning the debate – your view is unimportant.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-second-debate-probably-didnt-help-trump-and-he-needed-help/
    Also, the tape was released at the perfect time to overshadow wikileaks and it seems ( From RAS) that it has badly hit Trump in the polls.

And yes, the scientific polls have a clear Clinton win.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

Jobabob said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

You ok, hun?

1. Virtual signalling
    3. You okay, hun?
    4. Colour me [whatever]
    5. Brexit means Brexit
    6. This

7. Indeed.

8. We shall see.

Probably because someone saying "this" to agree with you in person would sound like a complete tit.
    In the same way as using it on the internet also makes one sound like a complete tit.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

RobD said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

Jobabob said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

You ok, hun?

1. Virtual signalling
    3. You okay, hun?
    4. Colour me [whatever]
    5. Brexit means Brexit
    6. This

7. Indeed.

8. We shall see.

In the same way as using it on the internet also makes one sound like a complete tit.
    Well yes, but it would be far worse to hear it in person!
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,130

Speedy said:

Regardless of the polls, it was a win for Trump because:

- It put paid to the idea that Trump will drop out
    - He had Hillary on the defensive and landed some real blows
    - It tees up the third debate to be about his platform rather than about him
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    AndyJS said:

The problem with the 18-24 voting category isn't just that their turnout tends to be low, it's also that there aren't all that many of them in the first place. I don't think they comprise more than about 10% of the electorate, and that isn't much when you only have 5 groups altogether. Having an 18-30 category would be more useful.

Do 18-30 holidays still exist?

My godfather once offered me a choice between a shotgun and an 18-30 holiday :smile:

And specially for @tyson :smiley:

• Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Speedy said:

He'll pivot this time, for sure. I can smell the pivot.
  • Options

Speedy said:

LOL. A defeat for Trump = a victory for Trump.

According to the PB Trumpers.

Only on PB.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Speedy said:

Mere details on here.

Trump is in the mere.

• Options
    Charles said:

AndyJS said:

The problem with the 18-24 voting category isn't just that their turnout tends to be low, it's also that there aren't all that many of them in the first place. I don't think they comprise more than about 10% of the electorate, and that isn't much when you only have 5 groups altogether. Having an 18-30 category would be more useful.

My godfather once offered me a choice between a shotgun and an 18-30 holiday :smile:

Pretty easy decision, surely? Assuming he shops in South Audley Street or thereabouts.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Speedy said:

Only on PB.
    Maybe we should also add "only on PB"... :p
  • Options

Speedy said:

it was a draw at best. He didnt win any voters he needed and pissed of more from the polls so far
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    IanB2 said:

OGH, in a tribute to Trump, has asked Robert Smithson, to tag a widget onto your sign in that measures your todger against that of the Donald and then indicates the comparison in the font size ....
  • Options
    RobD said:

Jobabob said:

RobD said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

Jobabob said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

You ok, hun?

1. Virtual signalling
    3. You okay, hun?
    4. Colour me [whatever]
    5. Brexit means Brexit
    6. This

7. Indeed.

8. We shall see.

Well yes, but it would be far worse to hear it in person!
    I was once told that the acid test of the acceptability of any written language is whether you would ever use it in person – which is where many if not most trendy internet phrases fall foul.

I had a mini argument on here about the phrase 'virtue signalling' the other day – a phrase I have never heard uttered in all my years. Were I to use it in the pub, I doubt anyone would have a clue what I was talking about!
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Nigelb said:

Ishmael_X said:

Nigelb said:

Charles said:

Jobabob said:

You ok, hun?

1. Virtual signalling
    3. You okay, hun?
    4. Colour me [whatever]
    5. Brexit means Brexit

Excellent.
    Condensing further...

Fixed that for you.
    Another bannable phrase.
    That was rather the point.
    Indeed... you're doing it again.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Jobabob said:

Speedy said:

Only on PB.
    Yeah, I'll take that one.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

RobD said:

Jobabob said:

Speedy said:

Only on PB.
    +1.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

Jobabob said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

You ok, hun?

1. Virtual signalling
    3. You okay, hun?
    4. Colour me [whatever]
    5. Brexit means Brexit
    6. This

7. Indeed.

8. We shall see.

Yes, but "I agree" is a good way of saying "I agree".
    It is, but it can get a little repetitive...
  • Options

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

Jobabob said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

You ok, hun?

1. Virtual signalling
    3. You okay, hun?
    4. Colour me [whatever]
    5. Brexit means Brexit
    6. This

7. Indeed.

8. We shall see.

Yes, but "I agree" is a good way of saying "I agree".
    It is, but it can get a little repetitive...
    I agree.
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    JackW said:

IanB2 said:

OGH, in a tribute to Trump, has asked Robert Smithson, to tag a widget onto your sign in that measures your todger against that of the Donald and then indicates the comparison in the font size ....
    Does the former challenger for the leadership of what used to be a serious party get only one letter at a time?
  • Options
    Speedy said:

619 said:

Speedy said:

I thought it was a massive PR mistake the instant they did it. When you live in The Effing Crystal Palace - do not throw stones.

The line-up of Clinton victims was well known for days on Twitter FFS - I knew!
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

RobD said:

Jobabob said:

Speedy said:

Only on PB.
    +1.
    :)

Thankfully some horrific PB phrases do die out.

Anyone remember: "kicking the can down the road"?
  • Options
    619 said:

Speedy said:

it was a draw at best. He didnt win any voters he needed and pissed of more from the polls so far
    Not only that but he also threatened to put his opponent in jail if he won!

The GOP has spent 8 years complaining about 'political investigations' from the IRS, now their own presidential nominee is threatening to use the justice department to lock up political enemies.

• Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Frank Luntz
    Why did Trump's "prosecutor" line do so well? Because most Americans (56%) think Hillary should've been indicted.

https://t.co/3bwcmxR7VA

It would be a better line coming from just about anyone else.
  • Options
    619 said:

Speedy said:

I called Trump's defeat within 25 minutes of the first debate.
    I called Trump's victory at the 15th minute of the second debate.

I have called Trump a scumbag, but he still won the debate.

And despite the CNN/ORC poll that skewed quite a lot towards democrats, hence why Hillary won on that poll, they still gave Trump the thubs up:

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/785329363977895942
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    JackW said:

IanB2 said:

Ok. I understand now.

• Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Speedy said:

619 said:

Speedy said:

I thought it was a massive PR mistake the instant they did it. When you live in The Effing Crystal Palace - do not throw stones.

And there is absolutely zero indication that anyone cared or thought negatively for Clinton about it. The opposite is true for Trump bringing it up
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    edited October 2016
    Was there a debate last night? All I saw was an episode of Jerry Springer. After a promising start where i thought it would be one of the absolute classics episodes, it was a bit disappointing when there was no chair throwing or the guests having to be restrained by the security.
  • Options
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Speedy said:

619 said:

Speedy said:

Given that there are exactly zero circumstances whereby you would credit Hillary with anything positive, nor Trump anything negative, your analysis counts for the cube root of eff all.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

RobD said:

Jobabob said:

Speedy said:

Only on PB.
    +1.

Someone kicked it into the long grass. We lost the can.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

The Spineless.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,956
    Any idea where/when Davis is giving his Brexit speech?
  • Options
    Lucian_FletcherLucian_Fletcher Posts: 793
    edited October 2016

Labour posters laughing at Scots Tories died out.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Jobabob said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

RobD said:

Jobabob said:

Speedy said:

Only on PB.
    +1.

Tipping point.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    JackW said:
    Fieldwork Oct. 1 through Oct. 6, 2016
  • Options

Was there a debate last night? All I saw was an episode of Jerry Springer. After a promising start where i thought it would be one of the absolute classics episodes, it was a bit disappointing when there was no chair throwing or the guests having to be restrained by the security.

Indeed I thought it would have been a slug fest, but it turned out to be a more normal debate than the last one.
  • Options

They should've let the WWF host one of the debates.
  • Options

JackW said:

IanB2 said:

Ok. I understand now.

I've had to reduce the font hugely to read your post .... :smiley:
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    edited October 2016

What hosted by a Giant Panda? Or do you mean the WWE?
  • Options
    I actually don't think Trump did bad. But while I embrace magical thinking in every aspect of my personal life, it doesn't work so well in a presidential debate. How are the uninsured going to get coverage in the post-ACA era? "....uh, block grants...." vague hand wave. How are we going to save Syria? "We're going to be so, so strong. Stronger than you ever thought stronger could be."

Anyway, with the polls the way they are, and with early voting well underway, it's getting pretty late.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713
    Jobabob said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

RobD said:

Jobabob said:

Speedy said:

Only on PB.
    +1.

EICIPM
  • Options
    MTimT said:

JackW said:

IanB2 said:

Does the former challenger for the leadership of what used to be a serious party get only one letter at a time?
    Chortle ... :smile:
  • Options

As a well known federalist I preferred the old name. :)

In Brexit news, the pound is below 1 euro at many bureaux de change.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37609114
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    "The Torie's women problem" .. those were the days..

• Options

ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWcPR_EaE50

That's exactly as I saw it too - yowzer. Thnx for sharing.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

she always looks grief stricken.
  • Options
    :smiley:

Independent US
    WikiLeaks releases Hillary Clinton’s paid Wall Street speeches in ‘handy Kindle format’
    https://t.co/37zq3oyIjA https://t.co/DtCcO5LZEp
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    JackW said:

JackW said:

IanB2 said:

Ok. I understand now.

I've had to reduce the font hugely to read your post .... :smiley:
    Your version must be calibrating the codger instead. :)
  • Options

No wonder EU exporters like the funghi's from Ireland below are squealing.

Should make EU leaders calling for more pain for the Uk even less popular.

• Options
    General Election
    ICM Polling

% of #GE2015 Voters who now indicate they don't know who to vote for

LIBDEMS 25%
    LABOUR 24%
    UKIP 23%
    CONSERVATIVES 10%
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,002
    Incidentally, I'm pleased no-one's unhappy about differential front end grip. I think that's something we can all enjoy, regardless of political philosophy.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Ishmael_X said:

Charles said:

AndyJS said:

Pretty easy decision, surely? Assuming he shops in South Audley Street or thereabouts.
    He never delivered on the guns!
    (Although he gave me a couple of crates of his own brand port)
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,787
    edited October 2016
    Jobabob said:

You ok, hun?

1. Virtual signalling

2. Banned Forthwith
    3. Good of the Nation

I'm sure you're not virtue signalling in telling people what they may & may not write?
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

RobD said:

Jobabob said:

Speedy said:

Only on PB.
    +1.

I used it in the last thread.

Does no one read my posts? :)
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    edited October 2016
    Jobabob said:

Ishmael_X said:

Jobabob said:

RobD said:

Jobabob said:

Speedy said:

Only on PB.
    +1.

That can has been kicked down the road until the next EU crisis goes hot.
  • Options
    ONS
    Suicide was the leading cause of death for people age 20 to 34 in 2014 https://t.co/50vLgFCrh8 #WorldMentalHealthDay
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,997
    PlatoSaid said:

:smiley:

Independent US
    WikiLeaks releases Hillary Clinton’s paid Wall Street speeches in ‘handy Kindle format’
    https://t.co/37zq3oyIjA https://t.co/DtCcO5LZEp

I'm intrigued by your many posts about the US election.

It is clear that you hate Hillary for her misuse of an email server.

But do you admire Donald (for his policies, or his personality, or his sexual attraction?) or do you NOT admire him but think he is the lesser of two evils, - not having misused an email server? Which is it?
  • Options
    David Davis up giving "next steps to Brexit" statement.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

I actually don't think Trump did bad. But while I embrace magical thinking in every aspect of my personal life, it doesn't work so well in a presidential debate. How are the uninsured going to get coverage in the post-ACA era? "....uh, block grants...." vague hand wave. How are we going to save Syria? "We're going to be so, so strong. Stronger than you ever thought stronger could be."

Anyway, with the polls the way they are, and with early voting well underway, it's getting pretty late.

Do u have a vote? Which state are you in?
  • Options
    A fantastic comment over at Adam Smith Blogs where they are talking about what type of Brexit / EEA / Hard / Soft model to go for:

I too would like to have access to a Norwegian model.
    But my wife would not approve.
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293

Jobabob said:

You ok, hun?

1. Virtual signalling

2. Banned Forthwith
    3. Good of the Nation

I'm sure you're not virtue signalling in telling people what they may & may not write?
    4. Respect the size of Jeremy's mandate.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    edited October 2016
    TGOHF said:

No wonder EU exporters like the funghi's from Ireland below are squealing.

Should make EU leaders calling for more pain for the Uk even less popular.

With the trade imbalance we have, the £ was really like the Wile E Coyote chasing road runner off the cliff. Brexit has just made him look down. It was going to happen sooner or later. It's a good thing. It will help rebalance the economy by hopefully correcting some of that trade imbalance.

It adds to the effective loosening of policy without (yet again) screwing interest rates to the floor. Frankly I'm in the "whatever it takes to get interest rates going up brigade". Yes out of shameless self interest, but actually also because it's for the long term good of the country too. Savers are being stuffed, pension schemes are a massive drag on investment, and house prices are insane which is also not doing youngsters any good trying to get on the ladder. It's not painless, and shades of grey and all that, but it's definitely better than a high £ and the BoE just mindlessly turning the screw on interest rates and to hell with the consequences.
  • Options

JackW said:

IanB2 said:

Ok. I understand now.

Are you overcompensating to appear normal? :)
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Indeed I thought it would have been a slug fest, but it turned out to be a more normal debate than the last one.
    Somebody poured salt on them.
  • Options
    TSE's hero Keir Starmer up now for the Corbyn Party.

Starts with a crap joke.

• Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,779

TBF those are Republican issues rather than Trump particular issues. They don't have a coherent replacement for the Affordable Care Act and don't really want to replace it anyway, but they are not minded to help the Democrats fix the flaws. Equally they despise the Obama regime's feeble response to Syria while not wanting to involve America any further in it.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Starts with a crap joke.

That's Sir Keir Starmer to you!
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Starts with a crap joke.

His speech seems to be the Knight of the Straw men.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Starts with a crap joke.

We have a lot of kts in the Commons presently. Far more than I can remember for a long time....
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @PickardJE: Keir Starmer tells Commons that neither Out voters nor In supporters want government to "take an axe to our economy" through a Hard Brexit.

@tobyhelm: Excellent Keir Starmer asks what the point is of parl sovereignty if parl is given no role in approving the terms of Brexit. Key question.
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    edited October 2016
    Scott_P said:

@PickardJE: Keir Starmer tells Commons that neither Out voters nor In supporters want government to "take an axe to our economy" through a Hard Brexit.

@tobyhelm: Excellent Keir Starmer asks what the point is of parl sovereignty if parl is given no role in approving the terms of Brexit. Key question.

But he now wants a second referendum. Oops, edit, he wants a vote in parliament on the deal.
  • Options
    Charles said:

AndyJS said:

I was put off when my older cousin told me of a bouncer stamping on a club-goer's head in front of him.

Only a couple of months before I'm forever ineligible....
  • Options
    FF43 said:

Equally they despise the Obama regime's feeble response to Syria while not wanting to involve America any further in it.

Apart from all the personal questions, foreign policy is the issue were Trump has always been against the Democratic and Republican orthodoxy. It's perhaps good timing for him that this will be the final debate. At least we'll get to see how many of the American people agree with his positions on nation building, NATO, etc.
  • Options
    Starmer refuses to nod when Davis asks "does he want to control our laws"

Telling.
  • Options

Labour posters laughing at Scots Tories died out.

Wasn't there something about pandas?
  • Options
    @paulwaugh: IDS just called @Keir_Starmer a 'second rate lawyer'. Wonder what rating Keir Starmer would give to the former Tory leader?
  • Options
    Burn from IDS on Starmer

"Ignore advice from a 2nd rate lawyer who doesn't understand parly process"
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,290
    TGOHF said:

"The Torie's women problem" .. those were the days..

Rhianna's corset.
  • Options

Wasn't there something about pandas?

There are more SNP MPs "assisting Police with their enquiries" than Pandas in Scotland I think...
This discussion has been closed.