Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Latest WH2016 swing state polls have Clinton equalling or d

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Jonathan said:

Corbyn doesn't debate he lectures.

Its the angry school teacher....
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    SeanT said:

Jonathan said:

SeanT said:

This is incredible.

Labour is the spaceship in Alien after they press the auto-destruct nuclear button. Corbyn is the Alien.

No. It's worse than that. Half the crew of the ship are androids cheering the Alien on.
    I can't see how any sane moral human being can remain a Labour member, in the light of this spectacle.
    Labour is truly in the abyss right now. Will take a miracle to drag itself out of it.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    The current discussion about equality is illuminating.

Trotting out the pay gap myth yet again. And then promising to appoint women because they are women - not because they are capable.

And there is no way you have enforce equal numbers of men and women in parliament. It just isn't possible (or, given their chosen methods, desirable)

Smith is just a windbag, Corbyn is a bore. Labour have got exactly what they deserve.
  • Options
    South West Devon CLP nominates Corbyn
    Luton North CLP nominates Corbyn

Aberdeenshire West CLP nominates Smith
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    murali_s said:

Does Owen Smilth genuinely think the answer to the Brexit vote is more EU? Is the man a complete feckwit?

Brexit had nothing to do with the EU you dimwit. It's about the number of 'darkies' coming into this country.

Owen Smith is right...
    That was the sole motive of each of those 17,410,742 voters, was it?

I am staggered. How did you learn this?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

SeanT said:

Jonathan said:

SeanT said:

This is incredible.

Labour is the spaceship in Alien after they press the auto-destruct nuclear button. Corbyn is the Alien.

No. It's worse than that. Half the crew of the ship are androids cheering the Alien on.
    I can't see how any sane moral human being can remain a Labour member, in the light of this spectacle.
    Labour is truly in the abyss right now. Will take a miracle to drag itself out of it.
    Its bad when you see it this close up. Leadership clueless, membership completely unrepresentative of voter base. Heckling a guy trying to condemn anti-semitism. Who would want to vote for this?
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,045
    edited August 2016
    The 170 MPs should leave and create a parallel Labour party.

Will it happen? No, because not one of the 170 MPs has a backbone sadly.

Corbyn is just a disaster. He makes IDS look like a colossus.
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    Corbyn looks like he just made a pitch to Sunil calling for the reopening of the Aberystwyth to Carnarvon railway.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    So, Labour intend to offer the UK a choice between a bewildered geography teacher and the world's angriest double-glazing salesman.

Attlee. Bevan. Gaitskell. Sorry lads.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

New Alf Garnett seen in Till Death Us Do Part revival

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36979491

I wonder if it will be any better than the reboot of Open All Hours? Cos that was f##king awful.

I very much doubt it. Whilst some of the situations, in terms of human relationships, might still be relevant, the humour behind the scripts were very much of their time. That the BBC are trying to revive series from forty or fifty years ago says rather a lot about the dearth of talent in senior positions in the BBC (and please remember the person who has decided on these remakes probably is paid more than the PM, via a poll tax).
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,045
    edited August 2016
    Ishmael_X said:

murali_s said:

Does Owen Smilth genuinely think the answer to the Brexit vote is more EU? Is the man a complete feckwit?

Brexit had nothing to do with the EU you dimwit. It's about the number of 'darkies' coming into this country.

Owen Smith is right...

Of course not but it was the key driver is 'Leave' winning. You need to get out more...
  • Options
    TwistedFireStopperTwistedFireStopper Posts: 2,538
    edited August 2016

I wonder if it will be any better than the reboot of Open All Hours? Cos that was f##king awful.

I very much doubt it. Whilst some of the situations, in terms of human relationships, might still be relevant, the humour behind the scripts were very much of their time. That the BBC are trying to revive series from forty or fifty years ago says rather a lot about the dearth of talent in senior positions in the BBC (and please remember the person who has decided on these remakes probably is paid more than the PM, via a poll tax).
    They're reshooting episodes of which no recordings survive, from the original scripts. I actually think it's a great idea. As you say, the humour was of it's time, and it will be interesting to see how it relates to modern genres.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,322
    NEW THREAD!!!
  • Options
    I see Corbyn's still claiming credit for the backdown on forced academy status for schools. It was the revolt in Tory councils that killed it.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669

I want to see a reboot of 'I didn't know you cared".
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,925
    Charles said:

HYUFD said:

Aaron Banks described described Vote Leave’s Dominic Cummings and Matthew Elliot as “two of the nastiest individuals I have ever had the misfortune to meet”, and that he “wouldn’t put them in charge of the local sweet shop”.

Cameron's Madame Tussauds waxwork was put into storage yesterday
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoners-diary/londoners-diary-now-oakeshott-gets-stuck-into-all-things-brexit-a3311836.html

At least they have had it melted down yet!

(It's a little depressing that he's no longer considered relevant as part of a broader collection - not a comment on him particularly, but a more general observation )
    Whilst I hold no brief for Banks he is spot about Matthew Elliot, a truly odious individual - and I do not say that simply because he wa Vote.Leave's CEO.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    2020 General Election ....

Labour closer to 20% or 30% ??

Just asking .... :smile:
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    murali_s said:

SeanT said:

I remember, ooh, about 12 hours ago when we were being criticised for "assuming" things about the Russell Square killing.

My unspoken and unvoiced assumption was that the killer was a Muslim.

And I was right. What a fucking surprise.

and what's the point of this post?
    Just beyond your grasp.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

Ishmael_X said:

murali_s said:

Owen Smith is right...

Of course not but it was the key driver is 'Leave' winning. You need to get out more...
    It genuinely wasn't for all of the people I know who noted leave. Admittedly, immigration was an issue for some, but it wasn't the "darkies", as you so elegantly put it that were the key issue. Obviously, in your fuckwitted mind, anyone who wasn't keen on the EU is a racist little Englander. That says far more about you than me.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    SeanT said:

John_M said:

So, Labour intend to offer the UK a choice between a bewildered geography teacher and the world's angriest double-glazing salesman.

Attlee. Bevan. Gaitskell. Sorry lads.

It's unbelieveable how low they've gone. This would be cringeworthy as a debate between the two prospective mayors of Walsall.

OK, but where are Labour in the Polls? The last I saw was 28%, down just 1(ish) from the last GE. Lots of reasons why perhaps (like most people pay feck all attention to politics outside a small window just before a vote), but surely no reason to write Corbyn off just yet.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    Ishmael_X said:

murali_s said:

Owen Smith is right...

I posted the TUC post-EUref polling results down thread. Illuminating for all.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

new thread

• Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,639
    Jonathan said:

This is awful. Smith is heroic for standing up to the mob.

Corbyn is the unity candidate, the sort of unity you get when MPs, long standing members and the wider electorate decide that they've had enough of putting up with this sort of intolerant crap and walk away. There is going to be a split if and when Corbyn wins, no doubt about it.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

This is going to be either 1964 all over again (I hope)

Clinton = LBJ

Trump = Goldwater

If I were confident enough I'd now be backing Hillary at 1.35 but I'm not confident I can read the US mood accurately enough.
    The only thing that is stopping me getting a 35% return on my money is I am still unsure as to the true odds EVENTS should be weighed.
This discussion has been closed.