Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If the courts remove Corbyn from the ballot then LAB would

Comments

• Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,250
    Disraeli said:

What are the mechanics to "Proscribe Momentum" within the Labour Party. Is is something that it is beyond the power of the Corbynites to block?

Its for the NEC to rule on. The rule book is very clear that organisations such as Momentum are illegal. There hasn't been a move against it so far because its associated with the leader. But as its behaviour gets more and more outrageous I think a challenge against it is inevitable.

Once proscribed then membership would become a disciplinary offence - just as membership on Militant was. We really are repeating the 1980s - a coming thumping Tory majority, a coming Welsh Labour leader, a coming expulsion of revolutionaries
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

It just keeps getting better:

@MichaelLCrick: Legal sources say Jeremy Corbyn plans to attend in person next Tuesday's High Court hearing over Michael Foster action against Labour NEC

He's not going pro se is he?

That would be epic.
    Pro se? Why can't you lawyers speak the Queen's?!
    Because we like to show off.

I've come up with an awesome pop music pun for Sunday.

EU can't hurry Leave.
    What is GOVE?
    Baby don't hurt me
    Don't hurt me
    No more
    All you need is Leave.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388

@MichaelLCrick: Legal sources say Jeremy Corbyn plans to attend in person next Tuesday's High Court hearing over Michael Foster action against Labour NEC

That would be epic.

EU can't hurry Leave.
    There is no such thing as litigating "pro se" any more TSE, they are litigants in person.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,076

EU can't hurry Leave.

Leave is a many tendered thing
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,937

Disraeli said:

What are the mechanics to "Proscribe Momentum" within the Labour Party. Is is something that it is beyond the power of the Corbynites to block?

Its for the NEC to rule on. The rule book is very clear that organisations such as Momentum are illegal. There hasn't been a move against it so far because its associated with the leader. But as its behaviour gets more and more outrageous I think a challenge against it is inevitable.

Once proscribed then membership would become a disciplinary offence - just as membership on Militant was. We really are repeating the 1980s - a coming thumping Tory majority, a coming Welsh Labour leader, a coming expulsion of revolutionaries

How do you prove someone is a member of Momentum? You can't. And union leaders are totally invested in Corbyn. They will never do anything that might damage him as it would mean they would be voted out of office by the small numbers of their own members that participate in union elections.

• Options
    ThrakThrak Posts: 494
    edited July 2016

Regarding the previous thread, I don't think it's a good move from Hillary to openly echo Ted Cruz.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/755967178285907968

Somewhat more more laudable than Trump's 'vote your feelings'. For him facts don't matter, just if you feel poor/scared/angry. I presume this is what is meant by post factual politics, you just have to instil an emotion and tgat is enough, even overriding when things go wrong. It really is as if he's taken 1984 as a playbook. Clinton as Goldstein, parading figures such as Cruz for the two minute hate, switching policy and denying there has been any climbdown etc. What happened to conservatism in America, where is the Reagan now?
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,725
    chestnut said:

Andrew Neil ‏@afneil 23m23 minutes ago
    Trump tells NYT he was ready to scrap North American Free Trade Agreement with Mexico and Canada if he could not negotiate much better terms

Which would create collateral benefits for us, I imagine.

Who with? A Trumpant US or a Trumped Canada and Mexico?
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    ..it's a game of give and take...

'its a game of GOVE and take, surely.
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176

Given his antics at the NEC meeting (refusal to leave the room etc), this could be big box office, if it wasn't already!

And I assume several of his followers will be coming along to "support" their hero in his hour of need.

Comic Labour - the gift that keeps on giving...
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,481

That would be epic.

EU can't hurry Leave.
    There is no such thing as litigating "pro se" any more TSE, they are litigants in person.
    They'll always be pro se to me. I'll never change.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,703

RobD said:

ToryJim said:

Lord Falconer calls on Truss to resign

Thought she already had!!

For what reason?
    For not being a solicitor or a barrister.

He thinks the Lord Chancellor should have some legal background.

Did he say the same about Chris Grayling or Michael Gove?
    Call me old fashioned, but I think the Lord Chancellor should be a peer.
    Keep on telling you Oxford is a compete dump.
    Is that a chip of Red Brick or White Tile on your shoulder? ;-)

Joking apart, quality varies enormously between Departments - in my day the Oxford Engineers would cheerfully admit that Hull was better...

On topic - I disagree with Falconer - its a bit like arguing that you need a Medic to run the NHS, or Military to run Defence - I'd argue the opposite - these departments need to be (re)captured from Producer Interest.....
  • Options
    theakestheakes Posts: 842
    Naturally there would be some concern, nothing is ever cut and dried. It is a normal human and organisational reaction. Michael Crick could easily have said that there is some expectation the court application will fail. I would not read anything into anything, in my view, I have an LLB and an LLM including Admin Law, and I am not a Labour supporter, the paragraph in the rules does not say the Leader should have nominations. The Court might want to hear what the writer intended 30 years ago, if still alive. Presumably the Court will want to reserve judgement?
  • Options

That would be epic.

EU can't hurry Leave.
    How very, erm, conservative of you.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,325
    taffys said:

GOVE don't live here any more
  • Options
    theakes said:

Naturally there would be some concern, nothing is ever cut and dried. It is a normal human and organisational reaction. Michael Crick could easily have said that there is some expectation the court application will fail. I would not read anything into anything, in my view, I have an LLB and an LLM including Admin Law, and I am not a Labour supporter, the paragraph in the rules does not say the Leader should have nominations. The Court might want to hear what the writer intended 30 years ago, if still alive. Presumably the Court will want to reserve judgement?

The rules were changed much more recently than that and the justification provided to the conference at the time was "to make challengers get nominations".
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969

That would be epic.

EU can't hurry Leave.
    PB Tory through and through :D
  • Options
    vikvik Posts: 157

Disraeli said:

You seem to be forgetting something.

Militant had only a small fraction of the support of Corbyn.

If Derek Hatton had been elected Labour leader with 60% of the vote, then there is no way that Militant would have been proscribed.
  • Options
    Carolus_RexCarolus_Rex Posts: 1,414

Given his antics at the NEC meeting (refusal to leave the room etc), this could be big box office, if it wasn't already!

And I assume several of his followers will be coming along to "support" their hero in his hour of need.

Comic Labour - the gift that keeps on giving...
    Could be even more amusing if he brings along, oh I don't know, Diane Abbot? as his Mackenzie Friend.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

But that requires the NEC to take a position contrary to both the leader and the membership. Since the NEC is elected by the membership, that's a bit of a problem.

Also, Momentum seem to be one step ahead. They are rebranding themselves as a group of loyal Labour members who support the Labour leader. That makes it tricky to proscribe them.
  • Options

taffys said:

You've lost that Gove-ing feeling now he's gone, gone, gone...
  • Options

theakes said:

The rules were changed much more recently than that and the justification provided to the conference at the time was "to make challengers get nominations".
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmdXyJjWYAATUV_.jpg
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419

Disraeli said:

Except that in the 1980s, the unions and the leader weren't lined up with Hatton.
  • Options
    BigIanBigIan Posts: 198

taffys said:

And it's no, nay, never,
    No nay never no more,
    Will I play the wild Gover
    No never no more.
  • Options
    vik said:

Disraeli said:

You seem to be forgetting something.

Militant had only a small fraction of the support of Corbyn.

If Derek Hatton had been elected Labour leader with 60% of the vote, then there is no way that Militant would have been proscribed.
    Quite. There won't be an equivalent of Kinnock's speech to conference in 86 this time.
  • Options
    RobD said:

theakes said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmdXyJjWYAATUV_.jpg
    That's the one, thanks. My Google-fu was weak.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

That would be epic.

EU can't hurry Leave.
    I will never audi alteram partem on these matters.

Consuetudo pro lege servatur
  • Options
    Speaking of court cases, any news of the Article 50 one?
  • Options

taffys said:

There was a time when all on my mind was GOVE
    Now I find that most of the time
    GOVE's not enough in itself
  • Options
    oh, and does all this talk of re-selections mean that Corbyn loyalists will approve the boundary changes?
  • Options

That would be epic.

EU can't hurry Leave.
    I will never audi alteram partem on these matters.
    Not only an obscure foreign dialect, but a long-dead obscure foreign dialect :lol:
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176
    RobD said:

Mid October last I heard.
  • Options
    Kin hell typing on a phone Latin phrases is a nightmare.

Bloody autocorrect.
  • Options

RobD said:

Mid October last I heard.
    Wasn't there a preliminary hearing this week?
  • Options

Bloody autocorrect.

You mean you haven't got the language set to Latin? :p
  • Options

Bloody autocorrect.

Probably why the Romans didn't have smartphones.
  • Options
    Amazes me that 170,000 people are willing to join the Labour party - why don't they go the whole hog and join the Conservative Party instead...at least they'd be in Government
  • Options

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

A Roman walks into a bar, holds up two fingers, and says 'Five beers please'
  • Options

Amazes me that 170,000 people are willing to join the Labour party - why don't they go the whole hog and join the Conservative Party instead...

Are you saying that the Momentum entryists are really Tory scum? When does the next purge start?
  • Options

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

Fingers crossed they gave him ten.
  • Options

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

You really should save those gems for the thread headers!!!
  • Options
    BudGBudG Posts: 711

Corbyn is representing himself at the high court having successfully petitioned that the General Secretary of the Labour Party wouldn't represent his interests.

The leader doesn't trust the General Secretary. The members don't trust the PLP or the NEC. The PLP don't trust the leader. Members are divided in that members who've been in more than a year are anti-Corbyn and less than a year pro-Corbyn. A rally last night attended by the Great Leader was told that 172 Labour MPs were "Tory Sleeper Agents" (the trigger word to activate them being "MOMENTUM")

And so this September Corbyn will be re-crowned as Great Leader and then the hate mob really fires up its campaign. You remember that LibDem conference in Sheffield where they had to be protected from residents behind a ring of steel? At this year's Labour conference it will be a similar security set up protecting Labour delegates against the vengeful mob of Labour members outside. Because MPs and their staffers are already being subjected to abuse and death threats and intimidation, but this is branded as "Tory lies" and the evidence ignored

And then the week after our chaotic conference May announces her intention to secure an early general election at the Tory conference. And after winning a 750 seat Tory majority in November, Corbyn announces that with the overwhelming backing of the membership he is carrying on.

So here's what will happen.

There has been a coup. But not the chicken coup by Blairites as alleged. The coup is Momentum. So the solution is simple.

Proscribe Momentum. Rules do not allow for a party within a party which with its own membership structures aims and constitution it is (sort-of, its only partially in the party). Momentum are expelled. The PLP declare Smith their leader in the Commons. He's backed by CLPs and the NEC and party officers. We keep the name and the buildings, and Momentum are ejected to form their own protest party.

Which - when Smith is proposing the very socialist left policies Momentum demand but done in a way thats actually effective and communicable - means Momentum get crushed by Labour at the ballot box. May even help split the anti-Labour protest vote in our "heartland" seats threatened by UKIP.

Its a battle for survival. An Extinction Level Event. A battle fought a century ago - does the Labour movement pursue the parliamentary route, or the revolutionary route? Momentum want revolution.

They will have to go.

In your dreams.
    Ok.. so they Proscribe Momentum and their members are kicked out of the Labour Party. Momentum has less than 10,000 members. How are they going to stop the other quarter of a million or so pro Corbyn fanatics, who are Labour Party members, from having a democratic voice?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @AndrewSparrow: Pharmaceutical industry puts out statement suggesting it thinks Corbyn doesn't understand how medical research works https://t.co/2sMEXYv0Dl
  • Options

Amazes me that 170,000 people are willing to join the Labour party - why don't they go the whole hog and join the Conservative Party instead...

Are you saying that the Momentum entryists are really Tory scum? When does the next purge start?
    it seems to me that in the age of social media it's now relatively easy to "take over" a political party - to change its policies and to elect a leader that doesn't reflect the history of that party in any way
  • Options

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

How was the Roman Empire cut in half?

With a pair of Caesars!
  • Options

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

Fingers crossed they gave him ten.
    Groan.. :D
  • Options
    RobD said:

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

I've got another science gag lined up for this weekend.

It'll be my last thread for three whole weeks.
  • Options
  • Options

RobD said:

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

I hope it's another chemistry joke. They make me feel right in my element.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    'They make me feel right in my element.'

I like them too, periodically...
  • Options

RobD said:

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

Until June 26th the shadow cabinet was in danger of becoming the seventh noble gas, they weren't very reactive to the dangers of Corbyn
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,987
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Miss Plato, there's a macabre but interesting division between those terrorists seeking mass casualties (Bataclan) and those seeking what they see as more specific legitimate targets [Hebdo].
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

ToryJim said:

ToryJim said:

For what reason?
    Lack of legal experience. Not that stopped Gove or Grayling.
    Oh so it's one rule for the 2 blokes and a different one for the woman. Textbook definition of sexism. Oaf.
    To be fair Charlie Falconer, it is rumoured that both Anna Soubry and Dominic Raab refused to serve under Liz Truss for those exact reasons.
    She's also very young in comparison to her predecessors and younger than both Soubry (by a mile) and Raab. Some people have problems with working for youngsters. Ego.
  • Options

it seems to me that in the age of social media it's now relatively easy to "take over" a political party - to change its policies and to elect a leader that doesn't reflect the history of that party in any way
    Only if your leadership election rules come straight from the House of Dumbery.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,995
    FPT
    Disraeli said:

» show previous quotes
    It's all to easy to play that game, without answering the accusation itself, which is all that you are doing here.
    "Oh! Look! He called me a racist - he can't be right!"

So, Malc, what do you think?
    Do you agree with Lowlander's opinion that Scottish People are superior to English people.

First off he did not say that from what I read and secondly if he did say it I would disagree totally.
  • Options

Ask Erdogan :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Turkish_purges
  • Options
    Mr. M, true but it's worth recalling that the rules could've worked perfectly well, had Labour MPs not been thick as two short planks. Their role was to act as gatekeepers for the shortlist. They ignored that, to their cost.
  • Options

Mr. M, true but it's worth recalling that the rules could've worked perfectly well, had Labour MPs not been thick as two short planks. Their role was to act as gatekeepers for the shortlist. They ignored that, to their cost.

True. Vampires can only enter your house if you invite them in.
  • Options

RobD said:

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

Until June 26th the shadow cabinet was in danger of becoming the seventh noble gas, they weren't very reactive to the dangers of Corbyn
    Why does hamburger yield lower energy than steak?

Because it's in the ground state.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873
    There is no "and they all lived happily ever after" ending for Labour.

It is going to be bloody but FWIW.

I reckon Jezza wins (and keeps the Labour name for the members)

SDP2 is formed with about 40 - 50 splitters actually splitting.

Toies win 2020 comfortably.

Lab poor 2nd (150 - 175 MPs)

SDP poll about 22% max 10 MPs

2025 SDP2 wipeout
  • Options
    Mr. M, and they're damned hard to kill.

Labour needs Buffy. Corbynistas have Faith on their side.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    malcolmg said:

First off he did not say that from what I read and secondly if he did say it I would disagree totally.

Quite, the English aren't people are they? :D:p

(just kidding, of course)
  • Options

RobD said:

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

I've got a mathematical joke lined up as well.

Averages can be so misleading, I mean the average person has one testicle and one breast.
  • Options

2025 SDP2 wipeout

So you're predicting more or less a rerun of the 80s. I don't think it will play out that way. Labour will get crushed between UKIP and the new Democratic party.
  • Options
    Mr. Owls, UKIP and the Lib Dems could be chaotic factors for Labour and SDP2, as you term the Judean People's Front.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

RobD said:

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

Averages can be so misleading, I mean the average person has one testicle and one breast.
    That would be a mean person.

The median person has two breasts. Very à la mode.
  • Options

RobD said:

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

And slightly under two legs.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039

2025 SDP2 wipeout

How telling that you focus on the fate of SDP2.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,725

Bloody autocorrect.

Errare humanum est, sed in errare corrigere diabolicum

.... or something.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

2025 SDP2 wipeout

How telling that you focus on the fate of SDP2.
    Evangelical Corbyn's.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    One for biologists.

What do you get if you cross an octopus with a cow?

A reprimand from the scientific integrity and the professinal ethics committee.
  • Options

RobD said:

Bloody autocorrect.

Which reminds me

That would be a mean person.

The median person has two breasts. Very à la mode.
    A physicist, a biologist and a mathematician are sitting in a street cafe opposite an empty house. They see two people go into the house. Time passes, and after a while they see three people walk out of the house.

The physicist says "The assumption that the house was empty was false."
    The biologist says "The people who went into the house have reproduced."
    The mathematician says "Now, if exactly one person enters the house it will be empty again."
  • Options
    I'll stop now.
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, everyone knows the appropriate gene-splicing is octopus and lemur. You'd have to be some sort of drunken lunatic to cross an octopus with a cow.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I'll stop now.

The last one was very good. Heh.

Reminded me of the spherical cow...
  • Options
    Why did the solicitor cross the road?

I can't tell you for legal reasons! :lol:
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

taffys said:

Hey Gove, don't make it bad
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819

EU can't hurry Leave.

And IIIIIIIII, will always Leave EUUUU
  • Options
    philiph said:

taffys said:

Hey Gove, don't make it bad
    You've got GOVE
    GOVE
    GOVE on your side!
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819
    John_M said:

ToryJim said:

ToryJim said:

For what reason?
    Lack of legal experience. Not that stopped Gove or Grayling.
    Oh so it's one rule for the 2 blokes and a different one for the woman. Textbook definition of sexism. Oaf.
    To be fair Charlie Falconer, it is rumoured that both Anna Soubry and Dominic Raab refused to serve under Liz Truss for those exact reasons.
    She's also very young in comparison to her predecessors and younger than both Soubry (by a mile) and Raab. Some people have problems with working for youngsters. Ego.
    She did seem like an odd choice - I wonder why May gave it to her particularly?
  • Options

I'll stop now.

Latin, classical history, and science jokes, you wouldn't get this from any other website.
  • Options

EU can't hurry Leave.

And I wish to you Rajoy, and Anastasiades.
    But above all this, I wish to you Gove.
  • Options

I'll stop now.

Latin, classical history, and science jokes, you wouldn't get this from any other website.
    Aren't you forgetting AV? The apex of the PB discussion pyramid.
  • Options

EU can't hurry Leave.

For some reason, that reminds me of my favourite multiple choice quiz question of all time.

Q: What was the name of Celine Dion's Oscar-winning song from the film Titanic? Was it:

(A) My Heart Will Go On
    (B) My Love Will Go On
    (C) This Film Will Go On And On And On And On...
  • Options
    RobD said:

Bloody autocorrect.

You mean you haven't got the language set to Latin? :p
    He has to communicate with us plebs.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    PlatoSaid said:

BBC
    Police treating incident at RAF Marham, Norfolk, on Wednesday involving serviceman as attempted abduction https://t.co/V99ML6jtWd

Don't like the sound of this

Sounds like Isis call to use a rock if u don't have a bomb is being heeded.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    RobD said:

I'll stop now.

And we can even have a discussion on people confusing 'apex' for 'nadir'.

• Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388

That would be epic.

EU can't hurry Leave.
    I'm quite unclear whether they have ever been litigants pro se; at least, not since the 19th century.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,259
    Corbyn:

"Jeremy Corbyn said it was wrong for medical research to be “farmed out to big pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer” (Guardian)

Is nationalizing pharmaceuticals Labour policy?

• Options
    RobD said:

I'll stop now.

The same AV wot was rejected by the UK public at the 2011 referendum by a margin of 68% to 32%?

That AV? :lol:
  • Options

RobD said:

I'll stop now.

No one said which way up the pyramid was ;)
  • Options
    Mr. Hopkins, indeed, an outrage.

The antonym ought to be zenith, surely?

Mr. Nunu, it's deeply concerning.
  • Options

RobD said:

I'll stop now.

Don't make it worse by dragging Arabic into this as well!
  • Options
    BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113
    Had lunch with a fairly senior civil servant today. They've been told they can now refer to the 'new Government'.
  • Options

Mr. Hopkins, indeed, an outrage.

The antonym ought to be zenith, surely?

Mr. Nunu, it's deeply concerning.

I had originally opted for the word 'zenith', but that doesn't really apply to the top of things (you don't say zenith of the building, do you?). Probably should have stopped being fancy and just said "top"... :D
  • Options

Corbyn:

"Jeremy Corbyn said it was wrong for medical research to be “farmed out to big pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer” (Guardian)

"Woooooooosh". That's the sound of the modern world going over Jeremy's head.
  • Options
    BudGBudG Posts: 711
    There IS a way out of this for Labour that will keep the Party intact, but it would require some ingestion of humble pie, and a period of 2-3 years of biting of tongues, holding of noses and a lot of patience.

Most of the complaints about Corbyn from the PLP are not about his policies, but about the man himself, his lack of leadership qualities. Smith has gone on record as saying he agrees with most of Corbyn's policies and would be happy to serve under him if he lost this election.
    The PLP have made this election all about saving the Party from splitting, which considering it is their actions that have brought us to this point seems a bit rich, but that is by the by.

If Owen Smith wants to save the Party from splitting, the easiest way to do that is to step down from this contest in which it looks likely he will be mullered anyway. If he does that in the spirit of calling for unity and the Labour rebels fall into line and actually start showing some support, albeit like-warm support, for the democratically elected Labour Party Leader, then Labour would recover in the polls to the point that they may just be in a position to be the largest Party at the next election.

Corbyn is no spring chicken, If the next election is in 2020, he will be 74 and potentially the oldest PM since Winston Churchill, in an age where politicians are generally getting younger. He has been under a lot of pressure and it will have taken it's toll. He may well feel that having got the Party back into a position of stability, albeit precarious stability, he could step back and allow someone who shares his views to carry on and with his full support, if they made it onto the ballot and with JC's backing, the membership would probably go along with this.

So, you would then have a more stabilised Labour Party going into the election with a younger, fresh-faced leader who has the backing of the membership and none of the baggage that Corbyn has. One proviso is that the new leader could not be McDonnel, because he is too inextricably linked with Corbyn and has baggage of his own

It could work... couldn 't it
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151

Disraeli said:

How do you prove someone is a member of Momentum?

They must have a database, and I bet their information security isn't that great.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,259
    John_M said:

Corbyn:

"Woooooooosh". That's the sound of the modern world going over Jeremy's head.
    He really is stuck in a mix of 1970s and 1945. Commanding heights and all that.
  • Options

That would be epic.

EU can't hurry Leave.
    I'm quite unclear whether they have ever been litigants pro se; at least, not since the 19th century.
    I think pro se is the general legal principle we were taught as such.
  • Options
    Mr. D, it's a pyramid of proclivities, not an actual pyramid.
This discussion has been closed.