Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Important to remember that the role of CON MPs is to decide

SystemSystem Posts: 11,725
edited July 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Important to remember that the role of CON MPs is to decide the shortlist – not who becomes next leader

The CON race has moved on fast following tonight’s first round of MP voting and the decision of Crabb to drop out and back May. The next stage is Thursday’s second round of MP voting to decide the shortlist of two that will go to the members.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,714
    Interesting tweet from The Sun's political editor.

The more I think about it, Stephen Crabb is the ideal candidate for working class Tories like myself that really warmed to David Cameron's One Nation Toryism

@tnewtondunn: Final thought on @scrabbmp: a thoroughly decent man who fought the right One Nation campaign and goes with dignity. He will be PM one day.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    I suspect the Tories will want to avoid doing a Corbyn, and letting the members choose a candidate that lacks Parliamentary party support, but I'm more hopeful of a May v Gove final two
  • Options
    Awesome pun on the front page of The Sun and interesting they are wanting a May v Gove final two, old Rupe having an influence?

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/750442056439439360
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,949

The more I think about it, Stephen Crabb is the ideal candidate for working class Tories like myself that really warmed to David Cameron's One Nation Toryism

@tnewtondunn: Final thought on @scrabbmp: a thoroughly decent man who fought the right One Nation campaign and goes with dignity. He will be PM one day.

He probably won't ever be PM.

Let's face it, there's more people spoken about in terms of "one day" they will be PM compared to the tiny number of people who actually do become PM...
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,582
    The thread does presume that Leadsom is willing to publish all those tax returns....
  • Options
    I'm off to have a butchers at this piece on how Cameron and Osborne screwed up;

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/05/how-remain-failed-inside-story-doomed-campaign
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,459
    edited July 2016
    As May and Gove have published their tax returns can we expect Andrea Leadsom's in the next 24 hours . Also I really cannot get around the thought of an ex banker as a conservative pm, it would be a gift wrapped in gold ribbon to labour
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,880
    fpt:
    viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

I tend to take the view a high pound is not a symbol of the nation's virility, in fact it hits exporters and UK tourism so a relatively low £ for a short while is hardly a disaster

1) We haven't had a high pound for quite a while. A high pound is the Noughties £1=$2.1. Even the £1=$1.5 when the polls shut was pitiful.
    2) £1=$1.3 is not relatively low. £1=$1.3 is extraordinarily low.

The £ had a high of $1.577 over the last year
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/currency/default.stm

Again, unless you are going on holiday to the states or you buy a lot of goods from the states why is a low pound against the dollar of great concern? It may also encourage more Americans to visit London and the UK and help sell more British goods to the US
    Virtually everyone buys lots of goods in dollars. It's what oil is priced in.
    The cost of the average supermarket shop does not depend on the value of the dollar
    ISTR we import most of our food.
    Well that may encourage us to buy more British meat and fruit and vegetables again, no bad thing!
    I've noticed I've spent most of the night responding to your posts, so I'll desist lest it be thought personal. But before I go, I need to point out that even during WWII, with the UK-resident population less than half what it is today, rationing, enormous investment in allotments, and a population well used to growing food in the garden, we were nowhere near food self-sufficiency.
    On that last comment, we need to note that basic farm productivity has more than doubled since WW2, and therefore roughly kept pace with the population.
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    "The name Jason is actually an English mis-translation of the Greek: 'Eaσων' - Joshua or Jesus."

twitter.com/Conn_Iggulden/status/735223052074680326

Live and learn.
  • Options
    DearPBDearPB Posts: 439
    I just don't buy that given a choice May will decide she wants to go up against an experienced, heavyweight intellectual who was wildly popular amongst the membership until lay Tgursday rather than Andra Leadsom. Surely she believes she could destroy her.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited July 2016
    Fed up with the Tory leadership contest? Can't believe how crazy leavers/remainers* are?

[*Delete as appropriate]

Here's a soothing article from a source more crazy than anything the above can offer. Even The Tap (pbuh) would wonder at its barking lunacy.

Sample quote: "Of course, official Washington will never admit that oil is non-biologic and that Earth is continually replenishing her supply, for that would produce a tsunami wave of repercussions, forcing the Illuminati to alter a great number of their coveted goals, some of which they are very close to completing."

http://www.cuttingedge.org/News/n2268.cfm

EDIT: It finishes with "Copying and distributing this article in violation of the above notice is also a violation of God's moral law." Which is just awesome.
  • Options
    DearPB said:
    Wasn't he in a relationship with her once
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

The thread does presume that Leadsom is willing to publish all those tax returns....

I think she said she would if she got to the last two.

• Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807

As May and Gove have published their tax returns can we expect Andrea Leadsom's in the next 24 hours . Also I really cannot get around the thought of an ex banker as a conservative pm, it would be a gift wrapped in gold ribbon to labour

I was surprised to how little May earns - she appears to have no other financial interests beyond Home Sec
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
  • Options
    DearPBDearPB Posts: 439

DearPB said:
    Which her?!!?
  • Options
    DearPB said:

DearPB said:
    Which her?!!?
    Andrea Leadsom
  • Options
    edited July 2016

IanB2 said:

If you were her, weighing up the odds versus the grief, would you really?

/edit and, in answer to your point, no, she tried to play for time but didn't have the skills to evade the pressure from Marr, so got pushed into an unwilling yes. And at the time she probably imagined it just meant last year's.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Here's a map showing the results of the Tory membership ballot. Theresa May is blue, her opponent red:

http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_large/public/thumbnails/image/2016/06/24/08/brexit-map.jpg
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    saddened said:

That's pretty poor really.

Especially since on other subjects (tax returns, great offices of state, CV) Theresa has, Andrea hasn't...
  • Options
    @suttonnick: Wednesday's Times reports "Leadsom admits ‘misleading’ claims on CV for top job"
    #tomorrowspaperstoday #bbcpapers https://t.co/gaKCD5J3Zs
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    saddened said:
    Hodges came up with '"Leadbangers" as the new "Corbynites".
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    I see that drivers are about to face another tax on car use in London.
  • Options
    DearPB said:

DearPB said:
    Which her?!!?
    DearPB said:

DearPB said:
    Which her?!!?
    It May have been Theresa but Andrea Leadsom to believe it was her
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited July 2016
    DearPB said:

ttps://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/750446461788229632

Groan
    Leadsom's campaign chief Is wasted in politics, a career on daytime shopping channels beckons…
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,245
    MattW said:

fpt:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

alex. said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

I tend to take the view a high pound is not a symbol of the nation's virility, in fact it hits exporters and UK tourism so a relatively low £ for a short while is hardly a disaster

1) We haven't had a high pound for quite a while. A high pound is the Noughties £1=$2.1. Even the £1=$1.5 when the polls shut was pitiful.
    2) £1=$1.3 is not relatively low. £1=$1.3 is extraordinarily low.

The £ had a high of $1.577 over the last year
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/currency/default.stm

Again, unless you are going on holiday to the states or you buy a lot of goods from the states why is a low pound against the dollar of great concern? It may also encourage more Americans to visit London and the UK and help sell more British goods to the US
    Virtually everyone buys lots of goods in dollars. It's what oil is priced in.
    The cost of the average supermarket shop does not depend on the value of the dollar
    ISTR we import most of our food.
    Well that may encourage us to buy more British meat and fruit and vegetables again, no bad thing!
    I've noticed I've spent most of the night responding to your posts, so I'll desist lest it be thought personal. But before I go, I need to point out that even during WWII, with the UK-resident population less than half what it is today, rationing, enormous investment in allotments, and a population well used to growing food in the garden, we were nowhere near food self-sufficiency.
    On that last comment, we need to note that basic farm productivity has more than doubled since WW2, and therefore roughly kept pace with the population.
    Although presumably the amount of land used for agriculture is declining: there are simply more economic uses for land in the UK. (Pheasant shooting, that kind of thing.)
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

/edit and, in answer to your point, no, she tried to play for time but didn't have the skills to evade the pressure from Marr, so got pushed into an unwilling yes. And at the time she probably imagined it just meant last year's.
    No, after the Marr interview she modified publishing if she was in the last two.

• Options
    perdix said:
    See the Times story upthread
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

I see that drivers are about to face another tax on car use in London.

?
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,486
    Scott_P said:

@suttonnick: Wednesday's Times reports "Leadsom admits ‘misleading’ claims on CV for top job"

This sort of thing is why May will crush Leadsom
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Here's a map showing the results of the Tory membership ballot. Theresa May is blue, her opponent red:

http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/article_large/public/thumbnails/image/2016/06/24/08/brexit-map.jpg

Remain have snuck a few more seats in NI since 23 June. Excellent news!
  • Options
    Looking at the media I hope Andrea Leadsom is ready for the storm of questions coming her way from a print media that seems to be pro Theresa May and for the sun, Michael Gove.

In the wider context are we really going to replace the "Bullingdon Club" with an ex Banker for PM
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Well that's Leadsom fucked
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Fed up with the Tory leadership contest? Can't believe how crazy leavers/remainers* are?

[*Delete as appropriate]

Here's a soothing article from a source more crazy than anything the above can offer. Even The Tap (pbuh) would wonder at its barking lunacy.

Sample quote: "Of course, official Washington will never admit that oil is non-biologic and that Earth is continually replenishing her supply, for that would produce a tsunami wave of repercussions, forcing the Illuminati to alter a great number of their coveted goals, some of which they are very close to completing."

http://www.cuttingedge.org/News/n2268.cfm

EDIT: It finishes with "Copying and distributing this article in violation of the above notice is also a violation of God's moral law." Which is just awesome.

The abiogenic theory of oil was quite popular with a certain set of 'non traditional' economists until recently.

However, the whole shale gas / tight oil discoveries of the last decade have pretty much conclusively proved it wrong. Simply, if there is a formation where the hydrocarbons are largely immobile, and the deeper parts are gas and the shallower parts oil, it pretty much proves that natural gas (yes, I know there are two different types of natural gas) is what happens to oil which has been baked too long. If oil was constantly seeping up from underground, then surely you'd see gas near the surface (as it's more mobile than oil), and oil deeper down.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,024
    FPT:

Sandpit said:

To be fair to him, Carney was the only man with a plan on the morning of 24th June, as everyone else was too shell shocked at the result of the referendum!
    I sent my CV in to a professional CV firm the other day, curious to see what they'd do to it. They changed "Served on the Northern Ireland Select Committee during the period of the peace process" to "Transformed the economy and political system of Northern Ireland". :)

If that's how people write CVs, Carney can claim to have prevented the mooted collapse of Western civilisation and World War 3.
    That's a great story Nick. A little polishing on the CV is normal, but it's a little bit more difficult when the job is in the public eye as much as that of an MP!
  • Options

In the wider context are we really going to replace the "Bullingdon Club" with an ex Banker for PM

Not if Andrea wins... :)
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

No it isn't! That places that voted Remain vs Leave

You almost had me there :)
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

Too bad Dave never followed through on one nation Toryism. Like most other of his pronouncements.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

No, after the Marr interview she modified publishing if she was in the last two.

OK, so my original point stands - she appears to have some, being charitable, imaginative financial arrangements in her past. Her odds of actually winning this contest appear, still, to be relatively long. And her chances of getting a top job offer from May are higher now than they will be later. Plus the country is crying out for a resolution and some leadership.

So does she go forward to the member contest, or pull out? Surely it is a no brainer?
  • Options
    FPT:

Sandpit said:

rcs1000 said:

Sean_F said:

I am with tyson on this one. All of those people may be fine sober, but get them boozed up with an oval ball about the place and they turn into twats. Rugby is like Golf, a perfectly fine game played by twats.

Depends if they're happy drunks or angry drunks.
    I'd be an angry drunk if I had to live in Dubai.
    It's not that bad here, honest. Especially if you can afford to get drunk at £9 a pint! :)

Next two days are public holidays (Eid Mubarak to @TSE and other Muslims on PB) then I'm heading out of town for a couple of weeks to escape the heat and humidity!
    Thank you, I'm not looking forward to it.

Is one of the two days a year I have to pretend to be a very good, devout Muslim
    I'll guess you've not been fasting for the last month then!

If it's any consolation, there will be plenty of Christians posting here that get dragged to church at Easter and Christmas, think of it as doing your bit for the greater good of familial harmony.

Eid Mubarak, and good night.

• Options

If she had any class she would withdraw now
  • Options
    TudorRoseTudorRose Posts: 1,662
    Anyone know what happens if Leadsom and Gove tie?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,106
    If Leadsome is not in the final two, expect some amazing whinging
    Sandpit said:

FPT:

Sandpit said:

To be fair to him, Carney was the only man with a plan on the morning of 24th June, as everyone else was too shell shocked at the result of the referendum!
    I sent my CV in to a professional CV firm the other day, curious to see what they'd do to it. They changed "Served on the Northern Ireland Select Committee during the period of the peace process" to "Transformed the economy and political system of Northern Ireland". :)

If that's how people write CVs, Carney can claim to have prevented the mooted collapse of Western civilisation and World War 3.
    That's a great story Nick. A little polishing on the CV is normal, but it's a little bit more difficult when the job is in the public eye as much as that of an MP!
    Presumably they polish MP to be PM. So well done Nick!
  • Options
    TudorRose said:

Tiddlywinks?
  • Options
    ToryJim said:

Scott_P said:

This sort of thing is why May will crush Leadsom
    Andrea Leadsom to believe she was a City high flier*

*I'm assuming this is the shite pun thread
  • Options
    TudorRose said:

David Cameron uses the vote he didn't today
  • Options
    TudorRose said:

They play a game of rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
  • Options
    @MrHarryCole: Uh oh. Leadsom's Wikipedia page last month Vs. it today. How odd. "Chief Investment Officer " changed to "Senior": https://t.co/QqyZfXWWr1
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

IanB2 said:

OK, so my original point stands - she appears to have some, being charitable, imaginative financial arrangements in her past. Her odds of actually winning this contest appear, still, to be relatively long. And her chances of getting a top job offer from May are higher now than they will be later. Plus the country is crying out for a resolution and some leadership.

So does she go forward to the member contest, or pull out? Surely it is a no brainer?
    She clearly gave it some thought by modifying her answer to if she was in the last two. In May vs Leadsom, she has a shot at the top job.

That said, today's kerfuffle about her CV may see her MP backing shift to Gove.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

I'm sure there's a metaphor to be made out about Andrea Leadsom's CV and the Leave campaign.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    TudorRose said:

Ancram and Davis tied on the first vote in 2001. The chairman of the 1922 committee ordered a re-run and said that if it happened again both candidates would be eliminated. I think he was making the rules up on the hoof on that occasion:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_Party_(UK)_leadership_election,_2001#The_MPs.27_ballots
  • Options
    TudorRose said:

A quantum singularity is formed and both disappear into the private sector?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

AndyJS said:

It's not quite that unless hardcore unionist DUP areas of NI have suddenly been converted to the noble Remain cause!
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400
    Scott_P said:

I think May should use her surplus of MPs to force her into the head to head - got to be easier to beat than Gove.

Still what a choice for next Tory leader, Gove, May or Leadsom. Terrifying that the field has ended up so weak.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

LOL
  • Options

TudorRose said:

David Cameron uses the vote he didn't today
    :)

Originally I'd assumed it was the returning officer who hadn't voted, but he must have - so presumably he doesn't get a casting vote as well.
  • Options
    FenmanFenman Posts: 1,047
    Amusing story tonight. 108 people in England and Wales are suffering from an E.Coli outbreak as a result of eating mixed salad leaves. Only one Scottish person has been affected.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

TudorRose said:

Ancram and Davis tied on the first vote in 2001. The chairman of the 1922 committee ordered a re-run and said that if it happened again both candidates would be eliminated. I think he was making the rules up on the hoof on that occasion:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservative_Party_(UK)_leadership_election,_2001#The_MPs.27_ballots
    Thanks - if they were both eliminated that would save the coronation issue!
  • Options
    JonathanD said:

Scott_P said:

I think May should use her surplus of MPs to force her into the head to head - got to be easier to beat than Gove.

Still what a choice for next Tory leader, Gove, May or Leadsom. Terrifying that the field has ended up so weak.
    Look at who they're replacing. Is anyone going to remember Mr Cameron once he's moved out of Downing Street?
  • Options
    TudorRose said:

Underwater chess refereed by Charlie Falconer
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

rcs1000 said:

AndyJS said:

It's not quite that unless hardcore unionist DUP areas of NI have suddenly been converted to the noble Remain cause!
    Read the title of the URL
  • Options
    JonathanD said:

Scott_P said:

Given Labour's leadership, why worry?
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

TudorRose said:

Need to find another ref. Charlie Falconer has resigned.
  • Options

JonathanD said:

Scott_P said:

Look at who they're replacing. Is anyone going to remember Mr Cameron once he's moved out of Downing Street?
    Juncker will curse him every day for the rest of his life.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

I'm sure there's a metaphor to be made out about Andrea Leadsom's CV and the Leave campaign.
    Your team lost. Get over it.

• Options
    prh47bridgeprh47bridge Posts: 441
    AndyJS said:

TudorRose said:

No he wasn't making the rules up.

If there is a tie the ballot is re-run. If the same candidates tie again they are both eliminated unless that results in only one candidate remaining. In that situation the vote is re-run until there is no longer a tie. So, as there are only three candidates left, if Leadsom and Gove tie the ballot will be re-run. If it is still a tie it will be re-run repeatedly.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

I am over it. I'm making sure the party and country are led by someone decent and honourable, that clearly isn't Mrs Leadsom
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

JonathanD said:

Scott_P said:

I thought he was blaming Messrs Johnson and Farage?

• Options
    TudorRose said:

AndyJS said:

TudorRose said:

Although in practice the chances of two candidates tying twice in a row are about zero.
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400

Scott_P said:

I am over it. I'm making sure the party and country are led by someone decent and honourable, that clearly isn't Mrs Leadsom
    I don't think she is going to get that plum Cabinet position either.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    rcs1000 said:

Jobabob said:

rcs1000 said:

AndyJS said:

As you are around can you recommend a good breakfast place in NYC?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Jobabob said:

rcs1000 said:

AndyJS said:

I did - it claims to be a map of Brexit, yet it is not true to say that all council areas of NI voted Remain. The map's inaccurate.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

JonathanD said:

Scott_P said:

Yes, he'll be remembered as the loser who lost the referendum...

His fate is to live on in infamy with Lord North, Neville Chamberlain and Anthony Eden...
  • Options
    JonathanD said:

Scott_P said:

I don't think she is going to get that plum Cabinet position either.
    Oh I'm sure Northern Ireland Secretary is a plum job.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

TudorRose said:

AndyJS said:

TudorRose said:

Although in practice the chances of two candidates tying twice in a row are about zero.
    With a small knowledgeable electorate though?
  • Options
    Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Jobabob said:

rcs1000 said:

AndyJS said:

Hello. Not really. I tend to eat in my hotel. (The Royalton). Which is OK, but not amazing.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,341
    I'm starting to think that the Tory membership will go for Loathsome - too many of them will have been indoctrinated by this 'Must be a Leaver' / 'A Remainer will represent betrayal' thought control. Many too will look with envious eyes at UKIP's brand of frivolous political purity and will want to mimic, believing that the Kippers have more fun and can get away with stuff. I fear all this will happen.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Scott_P said:

I don't think allowing someone to read too much into your job title is 'dishonourable'.

I believe tomorrow they're publishing the report in the Iraq war. Some actions there may qualify.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

TudorRose said:

If there is a tie the ballot is re-run. If the same candidates tie again they are both eliminated unless that results in only one candidate remaining. In that situation the vote is re-run until there is no longer a tie. So, as there are only three candidates left, if Leadsom and Gove tie the ballot will be re-run. If it is still a tie it will be re-run repeatedly.
    Thanks - a bit like a neverendum. Of course the most ironic outcome then would be for the leading candidate to lose so many votes to the tied candidates that she ends up finishing bottom.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Jobabob said:

TudorRose said:

Need to find another ref. Charlie Falconer has resigned.
    At desperately short notice. The lack of warnings is amateurish, frankly.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,045
    edited July 2016
    Tick tock Mr Tony Bliar...
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

JonathanD said:

Scott_P said:

I thought he was blaming Messrs Johnson and Farage?

They'll be cursed too.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Charles said:

rcs1000 said:

Jobabob said:

rcs1000 said:

AndyJS said:

Hello. Not really. I tend to eat in my hotel. (The Royalton). Which is OK, but not amazing.
    Same here - 48 Lex
  • Options
    edited July 2016

AndyJS said:

TudorRose said:

Christ, I hate penalty shoot outs – more seriously, many thanks Mr Bridge for clarifying that.
  • Options

I'm starting to think that the Tory membership will go for Loathsome - too many of them will have been indoctrinated by this 'Must be a Leaver' / 'A Remainer will represent betrayal' thought control. Many too will look with envious eyes at UKIP's brand of frivolous political purity and will want to mimic, believing that the Kippers have more fun and can get away with stuff. I fear all this will happen.

They'll make up their own minds. But most of them did probably vote Leave.

Factoid of the Day. Conn Iggulden voted Leave.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Fenman said:

Amusing story tonight. 108 people in England and Wales are suffering from an E.Coli outbreak as a result of eating mixed salad leaves. Only one Scottish person has been affected.

100% of Scots who eat salads have e.coli. :)
  • Options

If she makes it on the ballot (not a given at this point) it only takes 51 names to depose her...
  • Options
    Old_HandOld_Hand Posts: 49
    Just a small but important correction - the Conservative Party Members' Ballot for the new Leader closes on 9th September, a week later than originally announced.
  • Options

Theresa pretty much has this sown up but if there's one thing that will do her in it's the quite obvious (and increasingly nasty) "Get Leadsom" campaign that is presumably being unleashed by Mrs May's team... Will the "establishment" over-play their hand AGAIN like they did in the referendum campaign?
  • Options

That is my view too, hence why I backed Leadsom last night. Obviously I would be far happier with May
  • Options

Scott_P said:

I don't think allowing someone to read too much into your job title is 'dishonourable'.

I believe tomorrow they're publishing the report in the Iraq war. Some actions there may qualify.
    Chief Investment Officer is a very specific position.

Ask @rcs1000 what he would think of a potential employee at his form who claimed to be CIO when they weren't
  • Options
    TudorRose said:

AndyJS said:

TudorRose said:

Thanks - a bit like a neverendum. Of course the most ironic outcome then would be for the leading candidate to lose so many votes to the tied candidates that she ends up finishing bottom.
    Ha!
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

That is my view too, hence why I backed Leadsom last night. Obviously I would be far happier with May
    But if you believe all the Bremorse statistics from the Remainers (and I don't) then lots of the Leave voters are repenting and will vote for a Remainer.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Scott_P said:

Fair enough.

• Options
    Charles said:

Scott_P said:

Ask @rcs1000 what he would think of a potential employee at his form who claimed to be CIO when they weren't
    Is that a role required by regulation (FSA?) to be filled by a named and accountable person? If so, and she's lied about it, she's probably toast.
  • Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138
    Scott_P said:

:)
This discussion has been closed.