Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Corbyn loses the confidence vote by a huge margin

Comments

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,953
    SeanT said:

We're laughing now (and why not) - but if Labour do somehow prise Corbyn from the Precious, and then campaign on REMAIN against a Tory LEAVE they might do quite well; and if they campaign on a STAY IN SINGLE MARKET versus Bojo's LEAVE SINGLE MARKET they'd probably win

I'm not sure. A REMAINER would do well in London, where Labour is already strong, but how they go down in Wales and the North is another matter...
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    John_M said:

felix said:

I'm waiting for Corbyn to be supported by TP & Plato on the grounds that he supported Leave really. One of them has been busy hacking away today at the traitorous Ruth Davidson - you know the one who saved the Scottish Tories a few weeks ago. The Brexiters take no prisoners :)

If Corbyn still has the support of the membership, he's essentially politically immortal. They should rename him God-King of the Opposition.
    I can totally appreciate Labour members being very irked - over turning their mandate is undemocratic according to their own rules.

Either you believe in it - or you don't.

Personally, I think a GE is appropriate shortly after a new PM is appointed. I thought Gordon was wrong taking over from Tony, and the same applies to Cameron.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

The real question I guess is whether places like Poland and RoI also switch to EFTA once we join.

Nope. Not even a smidgeon of a chance.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    eek said:

felix said:

Scott_P said:

@gmpolice: Three arrested in connection with a hate incident on a tram in Manchester City Centre. https://t.co/AbpygV4IOQ

It didn't happen. It couldn't have happened. A vile 'Remainian' rumour.
    so the video was staged?
    Remanians are amazing at performing False Flag operations. anything negative you see on the mainstream media is a Remain false flag operation.

They're all in on it.
  • Options
    FenmanFenman Posts: 1,047
    The Lib Dems will need to reach out to Labour and the Greens and reach an electoral pact to defeat the Tories.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,587
    LBC reporting 40 votes against, not 44
  • Options
    PAWPAW Posts: 1,074
    edited June 2016
    "Three arrested in connection with a hate incident on a tram in Manchester City Centre" - I would wait and see. It was the Manchester police who arrested a 9 year old girl and kept her in a cell for 12 hours for the crime of saying "I don't understand Urdu".
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820

eek said:

stjohn said:
    Supposedly he's on the ballot automatically as the reigning leader...
    That is my understanding also - automatically on the list.
    The Labour Party have one set of legal advice. The leadership have another.
    They should ask Peter the Punter to adjudicate.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

felix said:

Scott_P said:

@gmpolice: Three arrested in connection with a hate incident on a tram in Manchester City Centre. https://t.co/AbpygV4IOQ

This sort of thing never happened before last Thursday.

There was less dog poo on the streets before the referendum too.
    Have you noticed that as well?
    And less rain
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    SeanT said:

TGOHF said:

Faisal Islam ‏@faisalislam 3m3 minutes ago

Confirmed result from labour no confidence motion

172 for
    40 against
    4 spoilt ballots
    13 didn't vote

I'd like to see those spoilt ballots!
    Blimey. I knew the new intake was low-watt, but four Labour MPs don't even know how to VOTE. What did they do, eat the ballot paper by mistake?
    Perhaps they were variations on Corbyn/Watson is a *********
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,447
    edited June 2016
    Corbyn surveys the PLP

Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited June 2016

TGOHF said:

172 for
    40 against
    4 spoilt ballots
    13 didn't vote

NSFW. :lol:
  • Options
    John_M said:

eek said:

felix said:

Scott_P said:

so the video was staged?
    Felix likes pretend arguments. Young men being arseholes apparently unknown in the UK before June 23rd.

Look for a new pretendy Felix argument coming to a site near you soon!
    I replied to you at the end of the last thread re identity politics.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

eek said:

felix said:

Scott_P said:

so the video was staged?
    Remanians are amazing at performing False Flag operations. anything negative you see on the mainstream media is a Remain false flag operation.

They're all in on it.
    God yes, those remainers came up with 2,400,000,000,000 dollars and did the dirty on Sterling. Hang 'em, I say!
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    Artist said:

Voting for him in this vote of confidence also doesn't mean they'd nominate him. A few are probably those Labour MPs who just don't feel like this is the right time when the country is in its current state.

Or those who are worried about being deselected by Corbynista local parties.
  • Options
    felix said:

Scott_P said:

I cant think of any hate incidents ever happening on trams in the years before the referendum.
  • Options
    BigIanBigIan Posts: 198

TGOHF said:

172 for
    40 against
    4 spoilt ballots
    13 didn't vote

Drawing dicks on them.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Jeremy Corbyn must have some pretty rubbish friends if they aren't telling him kindly some important truths.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @mattforde: People asking what happens if Corbyn survives a leadership challenge. There's a specific phrase in the rule book for that: WE'RE FUCKED.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,684
    Alistair said:

eek said:

felix said:

Scott_P said:

so the video was staged?

They're all in on it.
    I seem to remember your opinion on the assumed authenticity of high visibility nasty behaviour being somewhat different during the Indyref.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    edited June 2016
    Mr. JS, Corbyn can survive. Not sure about Labour, though.

Mr Morris If Corbyn goes back to the membership, and they confirm him, what on earth happens then?

• Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,464
    I've not thought this up until now but we are getting into a position where SDP2 becomes a serious possibility.

The MPs need to ensure that Corbyn is on the ballot for the leadership contest that must now follow, assuming he wants to fight on. Only if he is defeated within the party will there even be a chance that the Left will accept the result.

But that opens up the possibility that he might win. If so, given today's vote, I don't see how the MPs can credibly continue within the same party. There could be worse times to split: the annihilation of the Lib Dems at least provides a space on the centre-left to fill.
  • Options
    Toms said:

"Diane Abbott: leadership must be decided by party members not MPs"

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/28/diane-abbott-leadership-must-be-decided-by-party-members-not-mps

It looks like the Labour Party is also suffering hysteria and maybe ought to hold a referendum too.

Those bedroom eyes will win it.
  • Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    taffys said:

Mr. JS, Corbyn can survive. Not sure about Labour, though.

If Corbyn goes back to the membership, and they confirm him, what on earth happens then

MPs disloyal to Corbyn and the membership get de-selected.
  • Options
    @euanmccolm: how does seumas expect to spin a clear, general election-winning message out of this? i mean, assuming seumas isn't an idiot. which he is.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Alastair Campbell: Labour Party "has become a sect".
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    PlatoSaid said:

John_M said:

eek said:

felix said:

Scott_P said:

so the video was staged?
    Felix likes pretend arguments. Young men being arseholes apparently unknown in the UK before June 23rd.

Look for a new pretendy Felix argument coming to a site near you soon!
    I replied to you at the end of the last thread re identity politics.
    Thanks for the heads up - I'd moved onto this thread. Interesting background.

I received a follow up letter from the Welsh quasi-GIC this morning. They've changed my gender marker (which is a bit naughty of them in advance of a GRC). So, apparently I'm now gay. Whee, so dizzy, must have a lie down.

If I ever end up voting Labour, it really will have been a Fantastic Voyage :).
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    SeanT said:

We're laughing now (and why not) - but if Labour do somehow prise Corbyn from the Precious, and then campaign on REMAIN against a Tory LEAVE they might do quite well; and if they campaign on a STAY IN SINGLE MARKET versus Bojo's LEAVE SINGLE MARKET they'd probably win

That is more or less what I wrote yesterday. Depends on who the Leader will be though. I am beginning to prefer Yvette, again. Failing which Tom Watson to carry the party.
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    felix said:

Scott_P said:

But i thought it was a generational thing, i thought all young people were remainers. Who was arguing for sixteen year olds to have the vote? It was their future?
  • Options
    You do realise Corbyn will have 36 MPs to nominate him.
  • Options

Jeremy Corbyn must have some pretty rubbish friends if they aren't telling him kindly some important truths.

There are few hundred thousand more Labour members who support Corbyn than support the disloyal MPs.
  • Options
    DanSmithDanSmith Posts: 1,215
    surbiton said:

you need 50.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    According to the New Statesman’s George Eaton, Rosie Winterton, the chief whip, and John Cryer, the chair of the PLP, are going to see Jeremy Corbyn to tell him that the game is up.

[edited update]

George Eaton (@georgeeaton) June 28, 2016

Labour source: "Rosie [chief whip] and John [PLP chair] have not asked JC to resign, contrary to some speculation."
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    AndyJS said:

BBC — Boris won't call general election if he becomes Tory leader.

I'm inclined to think it would be wiser not to do so. A GE would simply add to the turmoil & uncertainty. After all, Mr Cameron originally said he had no intention of resigning if Leave won.

(Good afternoon, everyone.)
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    surbiton said:

SeanT said:

That is more or less what I wrote yesterday. Depends on who the Leader will be though. I am beginning to prefer Yvette, again. Failing which Tom Watson to carry the party.
    Yvette would be great. Her against Boris would be the best combo for Labour. Following Sean's suggested ticket, above*

*Note that Boris will not run on a 'leave single market' ticket. He may be a clown but he is not mad. The City will not in any case allow such irresponsibility.
  • Options
    LadyBucketLadyBucket Posts: 590

felix said:

Scott_P said:

I cant think of any hate incidents ever happening on trams in the years before the referendum.
    I travel on these trams quite often and have never seen any incident before. People and the media need to be very careful where they are going with this.

• Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,031
    Mr. Taffys, the 172 may form a new party. Or sigh, and hope for a bulk discount on the gimp suits they'll be wearing until the next election.
  • Options
    RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 27,447
    DanSmith said:

surbiton said:

you need 50.
    He needs NO nominations according to the rule book
  • Options

Alistair said:

eek said:

felix said:

Scott_P said:

so the video was staged?

They're all in on it.
    I seem to remember your opinion on the assumed authenticity of high visibility nasty behaviour being somewhat different during the Indyref.
    What?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

SeanT said:

But it needs a deal with the LDs and the Greens. There are some Tories who might even join a progressive group. Heidi Allen springs to mind.
  • Options
    'm inclined to think it would be wiser not to do so. A GE would simply add to the turmoil & uncertainty. After all, Mr Cameron originally said he had no intention of resigning if Leave won.

I don;t think the electorate would thank the conservatives for calling a GE. They want Brexit implemented, and then they will deliver their verdict in 2020.
  • Options
    PeterCPeterC Posts: 1,274
    Jobabob said:

surbiton said:

SeanT said:

Yvette would be great. Her against Boris would be the best combo for Labour. Following Sean's suggested ticket, above*

*Note that Boris will not run on a 'leave single market' ticket. He may be a clown but he is not mad. The City will not in any case allow such irresponsibility.
    In what way would the City disallow it?
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    John_M said:

The real question I guess is whether places like Poland and RoI also switch to EFTA once we join.

Nope. Not even a smidgeon of a chance.
    Their mouths are well and truly stuffed with gold. If you were in Poland you would surely think anyone wanting to leave the EU as being utterly mad.
  • Options
    @WikiGuido: Andrea Leadsom is waiting for Boris to offer her Chancellor before she makes her mind up about running for leader: https://t.co/WCMdgSMUCx
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Posts: 941
    Reality kicks in.

https://twitter.com/JamieRoss7/status/747823211254059008

The interesting thing is that Sturgeon brought forward her trip to Brussels from next week to tomorrow. It seems to me she's been invited by Shultz and that's why she's moved her schedule up.

Of course Unionists will read what they want into it.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,060
    Flesh wound
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,244

Hi everyone,

One thing concerns me slightly about EFTA: the ?four? existing EFTA states all have relatively small populations. How does voting / decision making inside EFTA occur?

We are leaving an organisation where one large member (Germany) is often seen as 'bullying' other members. Would the vastly large size of the UK (even without Scotland if they gain indy) just naturally lead us to 'bully' the other EFTA members just because of our different size and economic power?

On another note: at the beginning of last year I expected politics after the GE to be boring. Thanks to the referendum and Labour it's been quite the opposite!
  • Options
    DanSmith said:

surbiton said:

you need 50.
    15% of 232 is 35. Isn't it ?
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

AndyJS said:

Scott_P said:

@benrileysmith: Two Labour sources: proposal is Angela Eagle runs against Corbyn while Tom Watson oversees as interim leader.

I'm not sure Angela Eagle is leadership material.
    I completely agree - she'd be utterly useless.

Which is why I voted for her in the YouGov poll of potential successors.

Got your three pounds ready for the next leadership vote of the Labour party.
  • Options
    PeterC said:

Jobabob said:

@Morris_Dancer

London ALREADY IS devolved. We have been through this before. Khan is simply asking for extra powers, most of which I'll be will be centred around FOM and City passporting.

It has sod all to do with an English Parliament or a Yorkshire Parliament and everything to do with England taking leave of its senses and trying to pull the jewel in the EU's crown out of the EU against its wishes.

London is not a state. It cannot therefore enter international treaties independently of the UK. Ditto Scotland. Sturgeon is talking nonsense.

It's possible that it can negotiate work passporting, as you know.
  • Options
    Big mistake by Boris to rule out a general election if he becomes leader IMO.
  • Options
    wasdwasd Posts: 276
    Right now it's increasingly hard to imagine any post general election path to a stable government.
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    PlatoSaid said:

John_M said:

felix said:

I'm waiting for Corbyn to be supported by TP & Plato on the grounds that he supported Leave really. One of them has been busy hacking away today at the traitorous Ruth Davidson - you know the one who saved the Scottish Tories a few weeks ago. The Brexiters take no prisoners :)

If Corbyn still has the support of the membership, he's essentially politically immortal. They should rename him God-King of the Opposition.
    I can totally appreciate Labour members being very irked - over turning their mandate is undemocratic according to their own rules.

Personally, I think a GE is appropriate shortly after a new PM is appointed. I thought Gordon was wrong taking over from Tony, and the same applies to Cameron.
    I'm agnostic about it in a general sense, but with all the uncertainty atm, it really doesn't seem wise in this case. Particularly if some party decides to campaign on an intention to over-turn the referendum result.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,543
    So are the PLP going to put up Watson for PMQs tomorrow? That surely would be a humiliation too far.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048

Hi everyone,

One thing concerns me slightly about EFTA: the ?four? existing EFTA states all have relatively small populations. How does voting / decision making inside EFTA occur?

We are leaving an organisation where one large member (Germany) is often seen as 'bullying' other members. Would the vastly large size of the UK (even without Scotland if they gain indy) just naturally lead us to 'bully' the other EFTA members just because of our different size and economic power?

On another note: at the beginning of last year I expected politics after the GE to be boring. Thanks to the referendum and Labour it's been quite the opposite!
    EFTA voting is entirely by unanimity and each country gets one vote.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,127
    The always no doubt 100% accurate 'which x are you' thing on Guido is useful, as apparently I'm Crabb, and it lets me know one thing about him, which is more than before,

Wetter than an English summer, your #Crabbid joint-ticket with Saj stands for One Nation continuity-Cameron.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,603
    PeterC said:

Jobabob said:

surbiton said:

SeanT said:

In what way would the City disallow it?
    Those closer to the action seem to think Watson and Eagle are doing a deal so that there will be only one candidate. I've no idea whether others will allow that to happen.

I think Yvette would be a fine choice, but rejected last time.
  • Options

Mr. Taffys, the 172 may form a new party. Or sigh, and hope for a bulk discount on the gimp suits they'll be wearing until the next election.

Odds on option B please!
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,044
    Is it just me, or does the betting for next Labour leader look like the market for the Grand National?

Only three horses under 10/1, Watson and Eagle at 6/4 the double and the whole thing could be moot if JC wins the members' vote again.

Someone's gonna make money on this, but I can't see the wood for the trees.
  • Options
    If 172 MPs resigned the Labour whip, would that make the SNP the Loyal Opposition?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

DanSmith said:

surbiton said:

you need 50.
    you're forgetting the MEPs.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,684
    Lowlander said:

Reality kicks in.

https://twitter.com/JamieRoss7/status/747823211254059008

The interesting thing is that Sturgeon brought forward her trip to Brussels from next week to tomorrow. It seems to me she's been invited by Shultz and that's why she's moved her schedule up.

Of course Unionists will read what they want into it.

It's a total non-story anyway, but that denial would have been issued regardless.
  • Options
    3 more have resigned from the shadow cabinet apparently
  • Options
    If the people can rise up against the establishment about the EU, then the Labour party members can easily rise up and defeat the 176 disloyal MPs.
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Posts: 941
    Scott_P said:

If 172 MPs resigned the Labour whip, would that make the SNP the Loyal Opposition?

Until they formed a registered political party and was recognised by parliament, I think that would be the case. But we're about to enter the summer recess so it won't matter.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,313

You didn't take long to crater. From dreaming of a resurgent Commonwealth block to wanting to sign up to be a satellite of the EU, pronto. I can only conclude that Brexit is not turning out as you thought it would.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Well, if they stayed together as a grouping I think the 172 MPs would be the Opposition - just you couldn't call them Loyal.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    McCluskey: “The extraordinary behaviour of Labour MPs has achieved nothing beyond diverting attention from a Tory government in crisis.

“If anyone wants to change the Labour leadership, they must do it openly and democratically through an election, not through resignations and pointless posturing. If there has to be such an election, Jeremy Corbyn’s supporters throughout the movement will be ready for it.”

• Options
    At what point does Corbyn hanging on damage the chances of a candidate just like him but competent? Not that that would solve the problem of the members of course.
  • Options

DanSmith said:

surbiton said:

you need 50.
    Differing legal advice. And the NEC's final decision is very unlikely to be overturnable in court.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,044

DanSmith said:

surbiton said:

you need 50.
    That was the PB consensus from when this was discussed at the time of his election. If he doesn't resign voluntarily, he's on the ballot automatically. There is no way of removing him against his will.
  • Options

Do you sense there's an appetite for a GE in the country?

I don't. Quite the opposite.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    A #SavingLabour website has been set up for people who want to send in a message saying they support calls for Jeremy Corbyn to resign. - https://www.savinglabour.com/

Their site moderators have my deepest sympathy...
  • Options
    A potential candidate needs 50 nominations from MPs and MEPs according to the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36654418
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,932
    After 3 days of the Mirror running anti Corbyn stories their poll of readers now has it

Does Jeremy Corbyn need to quit?
    YES 23%
    NO 77%
  • Options
    Two more resignations from Corbo's shadow cab:

Champion and a.n.other
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,902
    edited June 2016

Scott_P said:

@benrileysmith: Two Labour sources: proposal is Angela Eagle runs against Corbyn while Tom Watson oversees as interim leader.

That's no good, I don't have a bet on her!
    I do.

But only about £20 at 50s :-).

One of a small portfolio of Labour Ladies for Leader.
  • Options

Jobabob said:

Does anyone know the Labour Party rules? Not sure incumbency gets him on the ballot and I think he may need 50 nominations to do so. He could be toast here.

I quoted the rule book earlier. Any challenger needs 20% of MPs (46). The incumbent doesn't need nominations, they are incumbent.

Apparently that is not true – legal advice that the PLP has. In any case Corbyn is quite stark raving mad for refusing to resign. The PLP could now split, and may do so.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    taffys said:

It's an attempt to #SaveJez. If Corbyn is still there the GE will happen.
  • Options
    Staggering.

Soames says he will back Boris!!!!
  • Options
    taffys said:

More to the point I don't think there's appetite for it in the Commons!
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,978
    edited June 2016
    Can't see the labour party in its current form surviving this
  • Options
    DanSmith said:

DanSmith said:

surbiton said:

you need 50.
    Differing legal advice. And the NEC's final decision is very unlikely to be overturnable in court.
    Wrong. All such decisions [potentially] are.
  • Options
    AnneJGP said:

PlatoSaid said:

John_M said:

felix said:

I'm agnostic about it in a general sense, but with all the uncertainty atm, it really doesn't seem wise in this case. Particularly if some party decides to campaign on an intention to over-turn the referendum result.
    A GE in the Spring seems fair to me. I well recall how miffed I was about Gordon. I voted very reluctantly for Tony in 2005 - I'd never have chosen Gordon.

I can't have one rule for my preferred side because it suits me.
  • Options
    MattW said:

Scott_P said:

That's no good, I don't have a bet on her!
    I do.

At 50s :-).
    Top hole!
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,244

Hi everyone,

Thanks.
  • Options
    taffys said:

I agree, there would probably be a low turnout. It might be good for the Tories but not necessarily for the country.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,543
    Scott_P said:
    In fairness is the latter not directly out of the New Labour playbook?
  • Options
    Did Soames just back Boris on Sky? I was busy making a cup of tea.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,313

Staggering.

That can only mean that Boris is planning to betray the Brexit camp.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

So are the PLP going to put up Watson for PMQs tomorrow? That surely would be a humiliation too far.

I think in a tussle for the despatch box, I'd have to bet on Watson...
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

A potential candidate needs 50 nominations from MPs and MEPs according to the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36654418

Yeh, MEPs have been added into the mix since last time I believe.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

DanSmith said:

surbiton said:

you need 50.
    Includes MEPs of which there are 20. 20% of MPs + MEPs is needed.
  • Options

Hi everyone,

Thanks.
    How are you doing JJ? Hope you are still improving.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

No, they would form an alternative Parliamentary group and be the official opposition. What happens outside is not clear.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Jobabob said:

Does anyone know the Labour Party rules? Not sure incumbency gets him on the ballot and I think he may need 50 nominations to do so. He could be toast here.

Don't the NEC interpret the rules, and isn't that stuffed with Jez placemen ?

Think the centre-left has a majority on the NEC according to a post by NPXMP earlier
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,932
    stjohn said:

Scott_P said:

Seems odd. Eagle would never win amongst the members.
    I've no idea how Eagle would fare with the Labour membership but Nick P doesn't rate her chances or Watson's against Corbyn but thinks Cooper would make a contest of it.

It would be crazy of the Labour PLP to go this far and then not field the candidate who has the best chance of beating Corbyn with Labour members. I don't know who that would be but the PLP ought to have a good idea and should get that person to stand.
    Unless they are all running round saying now what
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,045
    edited June 2016

Staggering.

That can only mean that Boris is planning to betray the Brexit camp.
    Yep - Boris is one of the #Bridiots.

Row back all the way....
  • Options

Can't see the labour party in its current form surviving this

GeorgeMonbiot @GeorgeMonbiot
    I fear that may be the end of the Labour party. Just when we need it most.
This discussion has been closed.