Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » How old men being available on Friday nights to do online p

1235»

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,210
    Estobar said:

Basically polling companies need to learn some humility. The best they can offer in this referendum is a trend between polls conducted with the same methodology. Any prediction is a guess. If it happens to be a correct guess, it will still be a guess.

Agreed.

What they have not done is learn lessons on methodology. Online and Phone polls, the latter using landlines, belong to the 1990's not 2016.
    Online polls belong in the 1990s? If not online or by phone, how?
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    RobD said:

Estobar said:

Basically polling companies need to learn some humility. The best they can offer in this referendum is a trend between polls conducted with the same methodology. Any prediction is a guess. If it happens to be a correct guess, it will still be a guess.

Agreed.

What they have not done is learn lessons on methodology. Online and Phone polls, the latter using landlines, belong to the 1990's not 2016.
    Astral projection, of course
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,210

RobD said:

Estobar said:

Agreed.

Heh, reminds me of the Supreme Court in Futurama who reach their verdicts using high-speed telepathy. :D
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Estobar said:

Agreed.

Heh, reminds me of the Supreme Court in Futurama who reach their verdicts using high-speed telepathy. :D
    Just been catching up on this thread, golly - very lively! :smiley:
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 60,101

RobD said:

RobD said:

Estobar said:

Agreed.

Just been catching up on this thread, golly - very lively! :smiley:
    So is it 'the higher educated who answer the phone' or 'the lonely saddos who've got nothing better to do on a Friday night'?

I think we may safely conclude - they haven't got a bloomin clue!
  • Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    SeanT said:

Today I learned that 0.5% of the UK population, last year, bought a copy of The Ice Twins.

One reviewer said

"Is the author male or female?
    This reviewer would wager that S Tremayne is a woman."
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,395

SeanT said:

Today I learned that 0.5% of the UK population, last year, bought a copy of The Ice Twins.

One reviewer said

"Is the author male or female?
    This reviewer would wager that S Tremayne is a woman."
    Or one obsessed fan who bought 3 million copies?
This discussion has been closed.