Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

pbr2013 said:

JackW said:

National - Survey Monkey/NBC

Trump 56 .. Cruz 22 .. Kasich 14 .... Sample 3,479

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-s-lead-continues-grow-nationally-poll-n566181

Also, is your Euro-arse showing signs of clenching?
    No. Clinton will defeat Trump with ease.
    Is your Arse4US so firm because Trump's the candidate or do you think Clinton could have had difficulty against Jeb! (or a generic non-toxic Republican)?
    aaaa
    Interesting. I stand by my prediction that you will go wobbly around August.

In the head-to-head polling they almost reached crossover last year before the Republicans started going negative against Trump. I think you're underestimating how much the dynamic will change once the party embraces him as the candidate. Trump has outsmarted everyone so far and I'm confident in his ability to pivot away from an 'angry core male WWC strategy'.
    The ARSE has no history of "wobbly"

I'm still waiting for McCain and Romney to pivot as I was reliably told would happen .... Trump would need to pivot so much he'd be the envy of Torvill and Dean in their majesty.
    McCain pivoted off his trolley by selecting Sarah Palin and Romney was an uncharismatic stiff. I wouldn't make any predictions about Trump based on their failures.
    Yeah but .... yeah but .... Trump is already off his trolley .... :smiley:
    Crazy like a fox is how the yanks would put it. I'm mystified by your soft spot for Hillary who has struggled to beat a geriatric communist clown.
    My only soft spot is for Mrs JackW .... :smile:

If Trump were the winner I'd say so.

He ain't. Simples.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,047

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

pbr2013 said:

JackW said:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-s-lead-continues-grow-nationally-poll-n566181

Is your Arse4US so firm because Trump's the candidate or do you think Clinton could have had difficulty against Jeb! (or a generic non-toxic Republican)?
    aaaa

In the head-to-head polling they almost reached crossover last year before the Republicans started going negative against Trump. I think you're underestimating how much the dynamic will change once the party embraces him as the candidate. Trump has outsmarted everyone so far and I'm confident in his ability to pivot away from an 'angry core male WWC strategy'.

I'm still waiting for McCain and Romney to pivot as I was reliably told would happen .... Trump would need to pivot so much he'd be the envy of Torvill and Dean in their majesty.
    McCain pivoted off his trolley by selecting Sarah Palin and Romney was an uncharismatic stiff. I wouldn't make any predictions about Trump based on their failures.
    So Trump picks another fruitcake as his VP?
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

pbr2013 said:

JackW said:

aaaa

Crazy like a fox is how the yanks would put it. I'm mystified by your soft spot for Hillary who has struggled to beat a geriatric communist clown.
    My only soft spot is for Mrs JackW .... :smile:

If Trump were the winner I'd say so.

He ain't. Simples.
    Right on, Jack ! It is difficult to have a soft spot for HRC. But if anyone deserves to be the first WPOTUS, it is her.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    edited May 2016

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

pbr2013 said:

JackW said:

aaaa

It's quite amazing, perhaps not, that Politico a respected if Lefty political forum and web site, has been trolling Trump all day. On twitter they have surpassed themselves; it's almost as if the site is having a nervous breakdown.

It's funny, but you know, old codgers like JackW often have crushes on domineering younger women.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,221

@Cyclefree Tweet your displeasure and namecheck @JLcustserv - I had repeated problems last year with a delivery and they did very well sorting it all out. They do monitor their tweets.

I'm not on Twitter. But I have made a formal complaint. Don't worry: they will be left in no doubt of my displeasure!
  • Options

The Jewish scholar & historian from whom Naz Shah re-posted the 'move Israel to USA' image expresses a view. I'm sure all fans of free speech will approve.

'Finkelstein Breaks His Silence. Tells Holocaust-Mongers, “It is time to crawl back into your sewer!”'

http://tinyurl.com/jb35ruu

That is an absolutely fascinating article. It is pretty hard to refute his contentions as well.
    Don't you worry. The bully boys will be at him in no time.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,016
    I'd love to see the Yanquis poll Obama v Trump 2016. Hypothetical, like.

In 2011/12, Obama led by 25.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

pbr2013 said:

JackW said:

aaaa

It's funny, but you know, old codgers like JackW often have crushes on domineering younger women.
    Says the recently turned 82 year old UKIP monk .... :smile:

• Options
    Floater said:

kle4 said:

Fpt

Labour Voter: "You are absolutely dreadful; I can't believe what you've done. Corbyn is an absolute joke, his leadership is abysmal and his management of the party an absolute outrage."
    Canvasser: "Can I count on your vote?"
    Labour Voter: "Yeah, I always vote Labour."
    Funny thing is in many places that is literally what the case may be. That's tribal voting for you, whoever it is for.
    I was chatting to a Labour voter at work today. He thought that Ken's comments were historically correct and like some on here only the right capable of racism.

Diplomatically I had to put him right on both scores.
    How did you put him right ? I suppose you know more than Mr. Finkelstein whose family died in the holocaust.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Fpt

Labour Voter: "You are absolutely dreadful; I can't believe what you've done. Corbyn is an absolute joke, his leadership is abysmal and his management of the party an absolute outrage."
    Funny thing is in many places that is literally what the case may be. That's tribal voting for you, whoever it is for.
    You forget that most people vote for a party, not a person unless you are voting for that person. We are still somewhat removed from US politics where party loyalty is very flimsy.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    JackW said:

MikeK said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

pbr2013 said:

JackW said:

aaaa

My crushes are on MUCH younger women. :sob:
  • Options
    MikeK said:

JackW said:

MikeK said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

JackW said:

pbr2013 said:

JackW said:

aaaa

My crushes are on MUCH younger women. :sob:
    Oh .... woman who have just collected their bus passes? .... :smiley:
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,370

The Jewish scholar & historian from whom Naz Shah re-posted the 'move Israel to USA' image expresses a view. I'm sure all fans of free speech will approve.

'Finkelstein Breaks His Silence. Tells Holocaust-Mongers, “It is time to crawl back into your sewer!”'

That is an absolutely fascinating article. It is pretty hard to refute his contentions as well.

It is indeed. Just occasionally you read something that really changes how you think about something. That is such an example.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    I thought Professor O'Hara's words about Oldham were profoundly un-wise because the sort of demographics that provided Labour with their victory there are noticeably absent in most of the rest of the country.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    Scott_P said:

@Jake_Wilde: Hamas seeks to distance itself from Jeremy Corbyn https://t.co/7UyuEy2ah2

Gotta be bad when even Hamas tries to distance itself from you.....
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    edited May 2016

I find it quite difficult to take seriously a man who argues that Israeli civilians are a legitimate target.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,249

I thought so. His views are trenchant, but seem informed and thoughtful to me.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,894
    surbiton said:

kle4 said:

Fpt

You forget that most people vote for a party, not a person unless you are voting for that person. We are still somewhat removed from US politics where party loyalty is very flimsy.
    Labour were totally stupid in their response. Having an enquiry was ridiculous. They should have held their ground . Once you give in to this McCarthyism the rest automatically follows. Corbyn is a hopeless leader
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,894
    Sorry Surbiton. I was referring to your other post!
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,359

I never thought the map thing was especially offensive - there are historical reasons why Jews wanted to flee to Israel but it's possible to argue in some scholarly forum that the USA should have made a large area available to them and it might have worked out well. The problem, though, about talking about the issue in the almost flippant way that she and Livingstone did is that it turns the relatively recent historical catastrophe of the Holocaust into a subject for idle banter and speculation.

I accept that Naz didn't mean to cause offence and think she's taking reasonable steps to make up for it and should in due course be forgiven. Livingstone, however, should know better, and his enjoyment in winding people up with shock-jock chatter was spectacularly inappropriate here.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    AndyJS said:

What time is the count on Thursday? I see somwhere it says that the London result will only be known Friday afternoon - not counting till next day, or just slow with all those ballots to sort and multiple rounds?

Declaration times from the PA:

http://election.pressassociation.com/Declaration_times/local_2016_by_time.php
    That is really a load of nonsense! Counts are declared ward by ward - rather than an authority announcing all its results at a particular time. Wards for a given authority will often be hours apart in terms of when results are announced.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,359
    AndyJS said:

What time is the count on Thursday? I see somwhere it says that the London result will only be known Friday afternoon - not counting till next day, or just slow with all those ballots to sort and multiple rounds?

Declaration times from the PA:

http://election.pressassociation.com/Declaration_times/local_2016_by_time.php
    And London?
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

I thought so. His views are trenchant, but seem informed and thoughtful to me.
    Freedland " Blairite hack ", bullseye.
This discussion has been closed.