Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Obama’s “back of the queue” response on a US trade deal is

Comments

• Options

The Special Relationship gets us a place at the back of the queue.

Special, my @rse.

Today a US President said exactly what a UK PM wanted him to say.

1) I can't see an American President doing that for other countries

2) Shows Cameron's and The UK influence on America and The Special Relationship

"now David don't swallow all at once I like it last a while ......"
    Careful, you'll upset the PB Leaver Mary Whitehouses that were so upset by my fellatio analogy the the other day
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151

Mr. T, I agree.

Cameron's ramping up the bitterness, deepening the divide. The Conservative tiff has become more serious and there's a risk of a proper civil war. It's also a great opportunity for a rapid return for the Lib Dems and winning seats for UKIP, because Labour's led by Corbyn.

The LibDem brand is horribly damaged. They should get a few right-wing defectors from Labour and rebrand. The SDP might have worked if the Tories and Labour had both split at the same time.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822
    MP_SE said:

GIN1138 said:

MP_SE said:

So much for the special relationship... Quite sickening to see the likes of Osborne cheer on Obama snubbing the UK.

Make sure you remember what Cameron and Osborne have done. At every single available opportunity vote against them.

This pair think they are the UK. Time to get rid.
    I am really really looking forward to the post-referendum split that will occur.
    Personally I'm warming to Jeremy Corbyn a lot. I'm increasingly finding him simple, straightforward and a mostly honest politician... Sure, he may hate the UK and everything it stands for but at least he's honest about it unlike the repulsive pair that's currently in charge.

For the first time in about 18 years I'm going to vote Labour in the local elections in two weeks. Will feel weird but also, oddly, liberating.
  • Options
    I admire Joe Marler's Luiz Suarezesque ability to avoid controversy

Joe Marler in trouble again after appearing to kick opponent in the head

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2016/04/22/harlequins-30-grenoble-6-joe-marlers-latest-indiscretion-clouds/
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,151
    edited April 2016
    On topic I like the new, minimalist pb.com. It gets you to the discussion much faster, especially on mobile.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,255
    You can tell the panic in Leave as they continue to attack Obama. Every time they do they help keep the main message in the media focus. Ignore it all and join battle on another day.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

GIN1138 said:

Here's Boy George lapping up Obama coming here to threaten and bully the people that gave him and Cameron their jobs;

https://twitter.com/George_Osborne/status/723576747044810753

They are really unwise to keep parroting this "back of the queue" shit. No doubt they focus-grouped the phrase before asking Obama to use it, but I reckon it is too strong. We shall see.
    Newsnight focus grouped it and it was, to use a Obama phrase, a slam dunk. Boris came across as not very convinced in his denial and looking, frankly, rather unhappy and shifty. Leave must be utterly gutted tonight.
    Well my optimum result is probably a REMAIN win by 50.1 over 49.9. If I'm honest. It means I personally benefit from the boost to London property prices and some stability for the next five-ten years (let's face it I'm doing very well out of the status quo).

But such a narrow win (or indeed anything narrower 60/40 in my opinion) will mean the issue will not go away, Cameron and Osborne will be f*cked, and the Tory party will swing right under a new and sceptic leader. And the EU will know that if they screw us over, we will vote again, this time OUT. And such a narrow result means we will revisit the issue within ten years, and this time quit properly.

But I also get to endlessly call the REMAINIANS traitors, which they are, and do it with righteous and agreeable pride, as I will now be certainly voting OUT, like a proper Brit (and I am prepared to pay the price if my cause actually wins).

The issue will never go away so long as Europe heads towards a federal super state. It is only a matter of deciding when we get off the train.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,756

The Special Relationship gets us a place at the back of the queue.

Special, my @rse.

1) I can't see an American President doing that for other countries

2) Shows Cameron's and The UK influence on America and The Special Relationship

"now David don't swallow all at once I like it last a while ......"
    Careful, you'll upset the PB Leaver Mary Whitehouses that were so upset by my fellatio analogy the the other day
    Really Eagles, you're stret cred is somewhere round Black Lace and Agadoo.

• Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    edited April 2016

Simple rule - if Tim Montgomerie is on your side& supporting what you are doing, you are probably not winning - the Eddie Izzard of the right.

but Eddie izzard's on your side,be very afraid ;-)
    true... but montie.... great eg grom tse.
    Your going to love this - maybe cameron could be in trouble if this spreads.

https://twitter.com/montie/status/723629424223105024

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    Don't be angry at Obama.

Be angry at Cameron for standing beside him & smiling as Obama threatened the British people.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898

Mr. T, I agree.

Cameron's ramping up the bitterness, deepening the divide. The Conservative tiff has become more serious and there's a risk of a proper civil war. It's also a great opportunity for a rapid return for the Lib Dems and winning seats for UKIP, because Labour's led by Corbyn.

The LibDem brand is horribly damaged. They should get a few right-wing defectors from Labour and rebrand. The SDP might have worked if the Tories and Labour had both split at the same time.
    There's got to be a chance of that if Labour do badly in the May elections and Dave continues to antagonise half his PMs and most of his supporters?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

On topic I like the new, minimalist pb.com. It gets you to the discussion much faster, especially on mobile.

Yeah but there's no adverts and Mike isn't running a charity. He needs a revenue to maintain PB and "minimalist PB" isn't earning him anything.
  • Options

pb.vanilla for the mobile, and pb.com for the desktop.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

Here's Boy George lapping up Obama coming here to threaten and bully the people that gave him and Cameron their jobs;

Wanker.
    All he did was re-post a tweet... ;)
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    edited April 2016
  • Options

Simple rule - if Tim Montgomerie is on your side& supporting what you are doing, you are probably not winning - the Eddie Izzard of the right.

Follow

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    Don't be angry at Obama.

Be angry at Cameron for standing beside him & smiling as Obama threatened the British people.
    Cameron's just Lord Halifax in drag
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    snip
  • Options
    Blair was known as the 'Great American Cock Sucker'
    Cameron really is the heir to Blair.
  • Options
    RobD said:

MP_SE said:

Obama said "back of the queue". An interesting choice of words as "queue" is not commonly used in America, whereas "line" is. I wonder why he ended up using a word mainly used in the UK...

Hasn't it been shown he has used that word before?
    as much as he used "minge" I should think
  • Options

SeanT said:

GIN1138 said:

They are really unwise to keep parroting this "back of the queue" shit. No doubt they focus-grouped the phrase before asking Obama to use it, but I reckon it is too strong. We shall see.
    Newsnight focus grouped it and it was, to use a Obama phrase, a slam dunk. Boris came across as not very convinced in his denial and looking, frankly, rather unhappy and shifty. Leave must be utterly gutted tonight.
    Mr rottenborough,are you in the remain camp ?
    Yep. Although I will probably bet on Leave so that if that happens I'll have something to cheer me up.
  • Options

Blair was known as the 'Great American Cock Sucker'
    Cameron really is the heir to Blair.

Was he? Can't say I've heard that epithet before.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Cos he was speaking to English people??
  • Options
    cameron really has fallen to the cesspit today
  • Options

SeanT said:

GIN1138 said:

Yep. Although I will probably bet on Leave so that if that happens I'll have something to cheer me up.
    How can a rottenborough vote for a rotten EU ;-)
  • Options
    French government bails out EDF

http://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/2016/04/22/20005-20160422ARTFIG00340-l-etat-vole-au-secours-d-edf.php

once again Osborne has created a fuckup
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Virtually every country appears to be America's strongest and closest allies. They also all seem to punch above their weight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Ur5E61sKY
  • Options

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    Don't be angry at Obama.

...and so it goes on from Leave. Day after day. Attack the other side's use of process, people, materials, printing budgets etc etc. But don't do anything ridiculous like put forward a worked out scenario for a UK outside the EU with a reasonably costed economic forecast. No wonder Boris is starting to look pale.
  • Options
    O/T, but is this going to be the longest thread in PB history given the server snafu?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

It was bad enough when he got the French to threaten us but at least that was in France...

This time he's actually laid out the red carpet (at the tax payers expense) to the POTUS to come here and threaten us in our own country!

It's hard to believe it really....
  • Options

SeanT said:

GIN1138 said:

cameron - he's the bloke who put his name into Shorpe and made it Scunthorpe
  • Options

SeanT said:

GIN1138 said:

We all love our wine and baguettes in Dunny-on-the-Wold you know.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    GIN1138 said:

It was bad enough when he got the French to threaten us but at least that was in France...

This time he's actually laid out the red carpet (and the tax payers expense) to the POTUS to come here and threaten us in our own country!

Let us hope the 50 letters have been typed and ready for the post-referendum leadership challenge. Cameron has talked this country down so much it has made his position untenable.
  • Options

He's been successful today, Remain's gone to nearly 70% implied chance of winning. It was close to 60% yesterday.

The only person who has fallen into the cesspit, is the part-Turkish Boris Johnson
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

This time he's actually laid out the red carpet (and the tax payers expense) to the POTUS to come here and threaten us in our own country!

Cameron really has dragged his office into the mire
  • Options

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    Don't be angry at Obama.

...and so it goes on from Leave. Day after day. Attack the other side's use of process, people, materials, printing budgets etc etc. But don't do anything ridiculous like put forward a worked out scenario for a UK outside the EU with a reasonably costed economic forecast. No wonder Boris is starting to look pale.
    I'll give you that - has the leave campaign started ;-)
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,477
    edited April 2016
    RobD said:

O/T, but is this going to be the longest thread in PB history given the server snafu?

Nah, we had 2,000 comments on the exit poll thread.

Edit: It wasn't a server SNAFU. It was a Robert SNAFU :smiley:
  • Options

He's been successful today, Remain's gone to nearly 70% implied chance of winning. It was close to 60% yesterday.

The only person who has fallen into the cesspit, is the part-Turkish Boris Johnson
    All short term Eagles.

he has offended core righties big time

I attack Osborne but Cameron only ever on the issues.

But today I hope he gets herpes

He has once again wrecked the authority of his office, the Conservaties have lost the plot, they no longer stand up for UK plc

I hope they lose and their party splits.

• Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    edited April 2016
    this thread has been going on for circa 4 months as far as I can tell from my sporadic visits and no doubt will last until the eu-frothday has passed.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898

RobD said:

When it comes to human errors with computer systems, there are those who have, and those that will... ;)
  • Options
    runnymederunnymede Posts: 2,536
    This is what people should really be worried about - Michael Fallon's comments. The referendum is leading to the masks slipping all around - you may have thought you voted for a 'eurosceptic' government last May but you have actually got a Eurofederalist one.

Look at this remark in particular

Nato was a 'slower moving organisation that requires more elongated political decisions', the partnership 'inside Europe' was able to deploy at 'very short notice'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3552388/Britain-never-war-without-European-allies-Defence-Secretary-claims-denies-backing-EU-army.html
  • Options

All short term Eagles.

He has once again wrecked the authority of his office, the Conservaties have lost the plot, they no longer stand up for UK plc

Except for the herpes bit ;-) Second that.
  • Options

All short term Eagles.

If he had backed Leave and used the same tactics, people criticising him today, would be praising him.

You're acting like the Lib Dems when Dave campaigned against them on AV.

Cameron is a ruthless bastard, just ask Ed Miliband.

On that note, I wish you good night.
  • Options

All short term Eagles.

could we compromise on erectile dysfunction ?

• Options
    The referendum that is and ALWAYS was going to be messy for the blues is in 2016.... the GE is 2020.

Of course it cant actually be happening anyway as many kippers on here said assuredly dave wouldn't honour his cast iron promise for one so you had to vote kipper
  • Options

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    Don't be angry at Obama.

I'll give you that - has the leave campaign started ;-)
    I'll always maintain that half to people on the LEAVE side (especially Farage) are invested in making sure we stay in the EU....

The perfect outcome for Farage is that we remain on a 55%/45% vote share... It keeps the whole issue alive, it allows UKIP to continue (and probably to thrive as everybody quits the Tories due to Cameron and Osborne treachery) and Farage himself can remain on the gravy train.

Win/Win.
  • Options
    runnymede said:

This is what people should really be worried about - Michael Fallon's comments. The referendum is leading to the masks slipping all around - you may have thought you voted for a 'eurosceptic' government last May but you have actually got a Eurofederalist one.

Nato was a 'slower moving organisation that requires more elongated political decisions', the partnership 'inside Europe' was able to deploy at 'very short notice'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3552388/Britain-never-war-without-European-allies-Defence-Secretary-claims-denies-backing-EU-army.html

"Pooling resources" and "sharing resources" are words commonly used by Eurofanatics to mean greater integration.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

RobD said:

When it comes to human errors with computer systems, there are those who have, and those that will... ;)
    It's the mistake I often fear making myself.

My greatest achievement was publishing a thread that only I could see, and wondering where everybody was.
  • Options

All short term Eagles.

lol
  • Options
    timetrompettetimetrompette Posts: 111
    edited April 2016

All short term Eagles.

Give Miliband some credit, at least the Labour Party survived his tenure.

Cameron's pissed off half his MPs, and half the members. If membership numbers fall below 100K, and big donors such as the MIC stop donating, they're doomed.

• Options
    edited April 2016

All short term Eagles.

If he had backed Leave and used the same tactics, people criticising him today, would be praising him.

He's a c*nt.

I regret ever voting for him.

He's a piece of shit and I hope the Conservatives disintegrate on his watch
  • Options

All short term Eagles.

I can lend you some of my viagra.

I don't take viagra because I need to, I only take it to stop me rolling out of bed.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    O/T:

"The suicide rate in the US has surged to its highest level in almost three decades, according to a new report.
    The increase is particularly pronounced among middle-age white people who now account for a third of all US suicides."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36116166
  • Options

All short term Eagles.

Old Labour did...
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

O/T:

"The suicide rate in the US has surged to its highest level in almost three decades, according to a new report.
    The increase is particularly pronounced among middle-age white people who now account for a third of all US suicides."

Obama
  • Options

All short term Eagles.

Welcome aboard. And a witty start to your own tenure!
  • Options
    runnymede said:

Of course, once we vote to STAY, all the federalist stuff will come rushing back. The single army, the euro, etc.. It'll all be back on the menu and the Tories will lap it up as much as anybody.
  • Options

All short term Eagles.

If he had backed leave,would you have done the same ?
  • Options
    The other thing that is being forgotten is who Remain need to turn out: Labour voters. I'm pretty sure Obama holds more sway with Labour voters than others.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

The reaction of the Brexiteers today has been joyous. Like the Nats, they thought they had the referendum won, without actually working out the answers to any of the hard questions, and expecting their opponents just to lie down.

@alexmassie: Statements of the bleedin' obvious are only "threats" if you dislike what they say. Obama today; Osborne during indyref etc etc.

Loathsome traitors, is what you are. Cheering the public humiliation of our proud country. A nauseating spectacle, which will not be forgotten.
    Get over yourself, it's nothing of the sort, smelling salts is good for a fit of the vapours I hear.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,477
    edited April 2016

All short term Eagles.

Not if he were offering the prospectus Vote Leave are.

That is seriously bad for business, the economy, and the people of the UK
  • Options
    Now it really is good night from me
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Scott_P said:

The reaction of the Brexiteers today has been joyous. Like the Nats, they thought they had the referendum won, without actually working out the answers to any of the hard questions, and expecting their opponents just to lie down.

@alexmassie: Statements of the bleedin' obvious are only "threats" if you dislike what they say. Obama today; Osborne during indyref etc etc.

Loathsome traitors, is what you are. Cheering the public humiliation of our proud country. A nauseating spectacle, which will not be forgotten.
    Oh this gets funnier and funnier. The anger. The pompousness. The futility.
    On the contrary, I'm enjoying my metamorphosis into a UK Cybernat. It's oddly thrilling. The sense of complete grievance, fired by patriotism. The determination to seek revenge.

I now entirely understand the Nat mindset. It's a game, but it's also great great fun. And the lust for vengeance is STRONG and sincere. We will get our payback.
    I 'm quaking in my boots
  • Options
    The normally Tory supporting papers are up in arms about Obama's comments. Those of an unsound disposition would do best to avoid the ARSSE army website, and PPRUNE, the airforce equivalent. Cameron and his chum don't have many friends there tonight.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

O/T:

Obama
    Inequality on a mammoth scale, more likely.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929

All short term Eagles.

He's a c*nt.

I thought you were going to spoil your ballot !!
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,937
    Jesus, you wouldn't want people who thought Obama was threatening the UK anywhere near serious negotiations. They'd be wailing and whinging and flouncing out every five minutes. Nothing would ever get done.
    Obama made no threat, he pointed out a reality: a trade deal - ie, a deal that changes the current status quo - would not be a US priority. If Leavers hadn't, absurdly, claimed otherwise there'd have been no need for him to point out such an obvious truth.
  • Options

All short term Eagles.

But if he got obama and some other world leaders on side plus I must do what I am told bank of England govenor telling us we be alright leaving,then you would be on side ?
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,462
    Just to make a point that no-one has yet made. Bollocks will we be at the back of any queue when it comes to the US getting it's corporate claws in. Surely no-one here is stupid enough to believe they aren't eyeing up that ring-fenced NHS budget and they will stop doing so if we leave the EU. If only that were the case. There will be 'through the night' discussions where a rumpled Cameron in yesterday's suit has 'managed' to get a deal for Britain #specialrelationship

Secondly, I think I'm becoming slightly firmer in my view that this intervention is a net negative for Remain. 'Back of the queue' is a toxic soundbite, and I don't think it's for Leave. I will accept that this could be strongly coloured by my own view.

However, if it is, I don't think it will show in the polls, unless in a rise in don't knows. But remember, all you have to do to stick two fingers up to the establishment in this referendum is stay at home.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,780
    edited April 2016

this thread has been going on for circa 4 months as far as I can tell from my sporadic visits and no doubt will last until the eu-frothday has passed.

Only until then? Optimistic, I fear.

All short term Eagles.

Your first line is key for me, in terms of how mad to be. I doubt all would praise him for the same tactics, but there are many who would, of that I have no doubt. Leave had better arguments we need to ensure they get as much if not more coverage than complaining the other side are using every advtanrage they have unfairly.

Good night.

• Options
    Well, this cut-down version of PB has been a blast, but it is bedtime for me.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

runnymede said:

Of course, once we vote to STAY, all the federalist stuff will come rushing back. The single army, the euro, etc.. It'll all be back on the menu and the Tories will lap it up as much as anybody.
    We've already had 'sharing' aircraft carriers with the French ffs. Sorry WHAT?

If proposals like that aren't bleedingly obvious preparations for a European army, what are?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,312
    "You know, Obama, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see the Americans fucking each other over for a goddam percentage!"
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

All short term Eagles.

He's a c*nt.

I thought you were going to spoil your ballot !!
    I did the last time and wrote Osborne is a wanker

i could have been attracted back to voting Conservative but not now with this current bunch, they don't care much for the electorate of this nation.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,312
    If the EU is such a good thing, then why doesn't Obama sign up his country to it?
  • Options

All short term Eagles.

No

The Conservatives are
  • Options

Jesus, you wouldn't want people who thought Obama was threatening the UK anywhere near serious negotiations. They'd be wailing and whinging and flouncing out every five minutes. Nothing would ever get done.
    Obama made no threat, he pointed out a reality: a trade deal - ie, a deal that changes the current status quo - would not be a US priority. If Leavers hadn't, absurdly, claimed otherwise there'd have been no need for him to point out such an obvious truth.

I agree with you there. Idiot atlantacist Tories and their unrequited love affair with Uncle Sam - joining NAFTA etc. Margaret Thatcher herself was prey to this delusion too.

The reality is, the ruling powers in the US have never been friends to Britain.
  • Options

All short term Eagles.

Exactly, the minute Gove set out Leave's proposals it was inevitable that Remain were going to wheel out the leaders of other countries to say it isn't going to happen in the way Gove thinks it will.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

runnymede said:

We've already had 'sharing' aircraft carriers with the French ffs. Sorry WHAT?

If proposals like that aren't bleedingly obvious preparations for a European army, what are?
    That's as much to do with the reluctance of European nations to spend money on defence. Hence the pooling of what kit they do have to build up any kind of viable fighting force. Assuming any of it works.
  • Options

The normally Tory supporting papers are up in arms about Obama's comments. Those of an unsound disposition would do best to avoid the ARSSE army website, and PPRUNE, the airforce equivalent. Cameron and his chum don't have many friends there tonight.

Missing the point - Mail, Express, Telegraph are far more fanatical about Brexit than they are about supporting the Tories, they would denounce the Queen if she said she was in favour of staying in the EU. They are obsessed.
  • Options

I agree with you there. Idiot atlantacist Tories and their unrequited love affair with Uncle Sam - joining NAFTA etc. Margaret Thatcher herself was prey to this delusion too.

The reality is, the ruling powers in the US have never been friends to Britain.

The US will do what's best for the US. Liam Fox talked about £57bn of trade each way. That's a big deal for the UK; it's a much smaller number for the Americans and plenty of it may be related to EU membership anyway.

• Options
    Cuckold Cameron
  • Options
    Laura Kuenssberg ‏@bbclaurak
    Out MP @andrewpercy: No US President would allow a British PM to do the same. Our Government has done Britain down today and diminished us”

• Options
    Britain is the largest foreign investor in the US, accounting for a fifth of the FDI, and employing over a million US citizens. $500 billion or thereabouts. About the same is invested by US businesses in the UK.

Obama and Cameron are out of their minds.
  • Options
    NormNorm Posts: 1,251

Britain is the largest foreign investor in the US, accounting for a fifth of the FDI, and employing over a million US citizens. $500 billion or thereabouts. About the same is invested by US businesses in the UK.

Well quite and the Remain campaign say the Leavers are deranged!
  • Options

How much does said investment depend on having a free trade agreement?
  • Options
    Norm said:

Talking of deranged,our defence secretary anyone ?

Simon Richards ‏@simplysimontfa
    Of all the many despicable falsities peddled by the Remain side, Michael Fallon's claim that ISIS supports Brexit is the worst. Shame on him
  • Options

Nothing Obama said implies that will change. All he made clear was that a better deal than what exists now would not be on the table. If the Leave side had not claimed otherwise, there'd have been no need for him to say anything.

It's also worth noting $500bn or whatever represents a far smaller share if US trade than UK trade; and we don't know how much of the US investment is predicated on the UK's EU membership.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    "Julie Burchill — The EU is a feminist issue. I’m voting to leave
    You only have to listen to the patronising, gaslighting ‘in’ campaign to know why"

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/the-eu-is-a-feminist-issue-im-voting-to-leave/
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,697
    As we saw yesterday with Ashcroft's focus group, LEAVErs (the uncharitable might say hysterical ravings) proclamations about the Cameron/Kinnock/Ashdown photo proved to be a trifle overblown - so I suspect will their pronouncements on the Obama intervention.

If LEAVE had any sense, they would have dug into their history books and asked 'what happened last time a US President intervened in a UK referendum' (hint, it was less than two years ago, and at the time many of those now loudly complaining roundly defended Obama) and what lessons can we learn?

Read & weep, LEAVErs, read & weep:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jun/08/alex-salmond-obama-cameron-scottish-independence
  • Options

Norm said:

Talking of deranged,our defence secretary anyone ?

Simon Richards ‏@simplysimontfa
    Of all the many despicable falsities peddled by the Remain side, Michael Fallon's claim that ISIS supports Brexit is the worst. Shame on him
    Michael Fallon, wrote two books the 'Rise of the Euroquango' and 'The Quango Explosion: Public Bodies and Ministerial Patronage' in the 80's.

He also declared that he “will die a Eurosceptic”. And yet backs staying in Europe. Very confused man.
  • Options

Out MP @andrewpercy: No US President would allow a British PM to do the same. Our Government has done Britain down today and diminished us”

Did he complain when Obama intervened in SINDYRef?
  • Options

I did.
  • Options

Don't know,I know he's very keen on a English parliament and he did tweet this in jest ;-)

Andrew Percy
    @andrewpercy
    I would vote Yes to Scottish independence if the deal includes removing the bagpiper on Westminster Bridge. I like the pipes, but not daily!
  • Options
    timetrompettetimetrompette Posts: 111
    edited April 2016
    RobD said:

The UK has bilateral trade relations with the US, that have nothing to do with EU membership, or an agreement.

https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/uk-trade-relations-us
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    GIN1138 said:

I did.
    I was for scottish independence and complaned of the bias against the SNP at the time.
  • Options

Don't know,I know he's very keen on a English parliament and he did tweet this in jest ;-)

Andrew Percy
    @andrewpercy
    I would vote Yes to Scottish independence if the deal includes removing the bagpiper on Westminster Bridge. I like the pipes, but not daily!
    He's also keen on Cameron:

He was wrong but the PM still has my support and I've no truck with those who want him replacing.
  • Options

RobD said:

Does one exist already?
    Apparently not, so it's a big deal over nothing at all?
  • Options

Andrew Percy
    @andrewpercy
    He's also keen on Cameron:

He was wrong but the PM still has my support and I've no truck with those who want him replacing.
    And if cameron was for leave,so would you - is that how it works ?
This discussion has been closed.