Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Only one PB Oldham competition entrant over-stated Labour i

Comments

• Options
    Sky are also reporting the machete story
  • Options
    blackburn63blackburn63 Posts: 4,492

There's a story going round that will appear in the papers tomorrow that Corbyn passed out because of the stress of the Syria vote

Edit: Here it is

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVfgLs7WcAEDdbP.jpg

After biking round East Germany with Abbott I'd have thought he could cope with anything

• Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108

What a silly billy.

'Tory MP who voted to bomb Syria in Facebook death threat row after adding 'unless you die' to constituent's email'

http://tinyurl.com/j4otpww

Seems you're nobody nowadays unless you've had a death threat.

We've reached a bizarre situation where the political elite are trying to justify their lack of popularity by claiming to be abused by anyone who disagrees with them. And the press, so horribly political and partial, are happy to lap this up and help defend their own devotion to unpopular ideas.

I hope it fails as badly as it did in Scotland where, no matter how much SLAB and their media lackeys berate Scotland as abusing them, the public just don't swallow it.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,139

There's a story going round that will appear in the papers tomorrow that Corbyn passed out because of the stress of the Syria vote

Funny way of rubbishing smears by spreading them through denial - I spend a lot of time on political websites, and I'd not come across that rumour yet, and now I've been forced to consider it.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    Given the lack of support Corby has in the cabinet and based on a time / motion study wouldn't it be more efficient if he left and the others remained.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,324
    Moses_ said:

Given the lack of support Corby has in the cabinet and based on a time / motion study wouldn't it be more efficient if he left and the others remained.

It'll be interesting to see how many women make it into any new shadow cabinet, given the difficulties he had getting enough in his first cabinet.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    ST Are you talking about the Thermo Nuclear method of glass making..good idea..
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460

welshowl said:

And he that sows the wind by voting umpteen times over three decades against his leadership will reap the whirlwind of disloyalty now he's poacher turned gamekeeper. What else can he expect?
    To be fair he rebelled from the backbenches not the Shadow Cabinet. If critics won't respect him they can and should do the same. To be part of his shadow cabinet and disloyal is rather trying to have your cake and eat it too ...
    Yes true. I suspect lots of the shadow cabinet are only there to ( in their minds ) rein him in or keep the soul of sanity burning for a while. However, if you've rebelled hundreds of times it's undeniable it dents your authority to appeal for loyalty.
  • Options

Jeremy Corbyn’s close associates are secretly planning to purge the shadow cabinet of moderate MPs who disagree with his radical, anti-war policies, as he seeks to impose his will on the Labour Party.

http://bit.ly/1TLX7NY

Princess Liz: Governor Corbyn, I should have expected to find you holding Livingstone's leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard!

Grand Moff Corbyn: Charming to the last. You don't know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your political career.

Princess Liz: [sarcastically] I'm surprised you had the courage to take the responsibility yourself!

Grand Moff Corbyn: Princess Liz, before your deselection, you will join me at a ceremony that will make this progressively pure party operational. No Labour Stronghold will dare oppose the Little Red Book now.

Princess Liz: The more you tighten your grip, Corbyn, the more safe seats will slip through your fingers.

Grand Moff Corbyn: Not after we demonstrate the power of this policy. In a way, you have determined the choice of the constituency that is to be targeted first. Since you are reluctant to provide us with the location of the Rebel base, I have chosen to test our activists' destructive power on your home planet of Leicester.

Princess Liz: [shocked] No! Leicester is peaceful, we have no weapons. You can't possibly—

Grand Moff Corbyn: You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the system! [stepping closer to Liz and pinning her against Darth Livingstone] I grow tired of asking this, so it will be the last time. Where is the Rebel base?

Princess Liz: [looks at viewer showing Leicester for a moment, then, resigned] Derby. They're all on Derby.

Grand Moff Corbyn: There you see, Lord Livingstone? She can be reasonable. Proceed with the operation. You may fire when ready.

Princess Liz: [indignant] What?!

Grand Moff Corbyn: You're far too trusting. Derby is too remote to make an effective demonstration, but don't worry. We will deal with your rebel friends soon enough!
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118

isam said:

isam said:

Off Topic sport betting question:

I don't think Liverpool will win the League this season (I am a fan so am biased) but I do think it could be close like a couple of years ago. One reason is the bizarre fixture list - after just 14 games we have played Away every top 8 team from last season. Meaning not only is the December fixture list surprisingly easier than normal but the second half of the season will see all top opposition played at Anfield. Secondly no other club besides Leicester who likely won't last the distance are setting the league alight. Yesterday I put a small sum on at 11/1 based on the trading bet theory I often read about here thinking that if as I suspect the fixture list helps get us up into the top 4 then the odds will come in for, 11/1.

What do people think? Good value?

PS sorry if this were isn't appropriate. Often see people talk my about non politics betting here so hope you'll indulge me.

The odds compilers base their prices on which games remain for each team, so I don't think that is much of an edge if I am honest

They price up every remaining game and use the expected points to make the odds
    My thinking was the odds were based on both expected remaining games and weight of money being placed. I was thinking if the weight of money was disproportionately affected by an out of kilter league table then it would give an edge.

Yes tlg IIRC all but one of the top 6 were played away in the first half. Though a few in December. Which no doubt helped our extraordinary run of victories. This time 100% of top 8 away games have already been played by end of November. I can't recall ever seeing that before.
    The market is to tight for weight of money to be much of a factor

There is no edge in the angle you mention, it is already factored in
    Aw that's a shame. Thought I'd come up with something there. Thanks.
    The yare 6/1 on Betfair now, so you've done alright!
  • Options
    SeanT said:
    Shit - Leytonstone isn't far away from Ilford North!
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Pretty much convinced I would now vote for a Hard Right party. Enough.

Our culture is under attack.

Contemporary Islam, as it goes through its tragic psychosis, is incompatible with western values.

Our near neighbours seem to agree

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3347586/France-s-far-right-National-course-massive-gains-regional-elections-seizing-fears-refugee-crisis-Paris-terror-attacks.html
  • Options
    Twitter is now full of videos of the incident. Seems to reports that possibly more than one person stabbed.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Off Topic sport betting question:

I don't think Liverpool will win the League this season (I am a fan so am biased) but I do think it could be close like a couple of years ago. One reason is the bizarre fixture list - after just 14 games we have played Away every top 8 team from last season. Meaning not only is the December fixture list surprisingly easier than normal but the second half of the season will see all top opposition played at Anfield. Secondly no other club besides Leicester who likely won't last the distance are setting the league alight. Yesterday I put a small sum on at 11/1 based on the trading bet theory I often read about here thinking that if as I suspect the fixture list helps get us up into the top 4 then the odds will come in for, 11/1.

What do people think? Good value?

PS sorry if this were isn't appropriate. Often see people talk my about non politics betting here so hope you'll indulge me.

The odds compilers base their prices on which games remain for each team, so I don't think that is much of an edge if I am honest

They price up every remaining game and use the expected points to make the odds
    My thinking was the odds were based on both expected remaining games and weight of money being placed. I was thinking if the weight of money was disproportionately affected by an out of kilter league table then it would give an edge.

Yes tlg IIRC all but one of the top 6 were played away in the first half. Though a few in December. Which no doubt helped our extraordinary run of victories. This time 100% of top 8 away games have already been played by end of November. I can't recall ever seeing that before.
    The market is to tight for weight of money to be much of a factor

There is no edge in the angle you mention, it is already factored in
    Aw that's a shame. Thought I'd come up with something there. Thanks.
    The yare 6/1 on Betfair now, so you've done alright!
    Thanks! That makes me smile.
  • Options
    All the Corbyn nonsense is going to be bumped from the later editions of the newspapers thats for certain.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486

Jeremy Corbyn’s close associates are secretly planning to purge the shadow cabinet of moderate MPs who disagree with his radical, anti-war policies, as he seeks to impose his will on the Labour Party.

http://bit.ly/1TLX7NY

Princess Liz: Governor Corbyn, I should have expected to find you holding Livingstone's leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard!

Grand Moff Corbyn: Charming to the last. You don't know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your political career.

Princess Liz: [sarcastically] I'm surprised you had the courage to take the responsibility yourself!

Grand Moff Corbyn: Princess Liz, before your deselection, you will join me at a ceremony that will make this progressively pure party operational. No Labour Stronghold will dare oppose the Little Red Book now.

Princess Liz: The more you tighten your grip, Corbyn, the more safe seats will slip through your fingers.

Grand Moff Corbyn: Not after we demonstrate the power of this policy. In a way, you have determined the choice of the constituency that is to be targeted first. Since you are reluctant to provide us with the location of the Rebel base, I have chosen to test our activists' destructive power on your home planet of Leicester.

Princess Liz: [shocked] No! Leicester is peaceful, we have no weapons. You can't possibly—

Grand Moff Corbyn: You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the system! [stepping closer to Liz and pinning her against Darth Livingstone] I grow tired of asking this, so it will be the last time. Where is the Rebel base?

Princess Liz: [looks at viewer showing Leicester for a moment, then, resigned] Derby. They're all on Derby.

Grand Moff Corbyn: There you see, Lord Livingstone? She can be reasonable. Proceed with the operation. You may fire when ready.

Princess Liz: [indignant] What?!

Grand Moff Corbyn: You're far too trusting. Derby is too remote to make an effective demonstration, but don't worry. We will deal with your rebel friends soon enough!
    Eerily accurate. Enjoying the new material
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    "France’s National Front Likely to Perform Strongly in Regional Elections

Marine Le Pen’s party well placed to win control of several French regions three weeks after terror attacks"

http://www.wsj.com/articles/frances-national-front-likely-to-perform-strongly-in-regional-elections-1449238776
  • Options
    At this rate the Tories could be heading for their biggest victory ever in 2020, with Labour below 25%.

• Options
    SeanT said:

Twitter claiming there is at least one dead, beheaded guy.

Cav Empt.

My nine year old daughter lives in this city.

Hm.

Having seen the pictures and the amount of blood, it certainly is going to be very serious.
  • Options

SeanT said:
    Shit - Leytonstone isn't far away from Ilford North!
    Fear not doubtless Jezza thinks he's misunderstood, should have counselling, and if we are really being harsh, community service in a youth centre.

The rest of us would of course want the law to take its course and then the key thrown away.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    Apparently someone shouted "You ain't no Muslim" at the attacker. But I don't fancy watching the videos to verify.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Nothing about the Stabbing in Leytonstone from BBC yet: not even a BREAKING insert. The f*king bastards.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    edited December 2015
    BBC still haven't picked up on incident at Leytonstone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/london

Though there is a mention on their link to other sites.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,972
    SeanT said:

Cav Empt.

Hm.

The tame lefty at work likes to claim that The West is the most evil, violent empire ever etc.

I asked her what she thought the Romans would have done after 7/7. Or the Carthage... Everyone started joining in - apparently there were some quite interesting* characters in Korean history...

*interesting in the Tom Knox novel character sense
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

BBC still haven't picked up on incident at Leytonstone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/london

Though there is a mention on their link to other sites.

Probably all those budget cuts....
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    edited December 2015
    Twitter says "seriously injured"...

Edit: a lot of blood evident in the videos.

One stop up from me.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Moses_ said:

SeanT said:

Contemporary Islam, as it goes through its tragic psychosis, is incompatible with western values.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3347586/France-s-far-right-National-course-massive-gains-regional-elections-seizing-fears-refugee-crisis-Paris-terror-attacks.html
    There is no multiculti "solution" here. We need to elect Hard Right governments which will deliver security.
    I remember reading a columnist at the time of the Iran / Iraq war. She said we should all be cautious because when they had finished killing each other over there they will then start coming our way and killing us over here.

It took a little longer than she expected but sure enough they are here.. She was right.
  • Options

SeanT said:

Cav Empt.

Hm.

The tame lefty at work likes to claim that The West is the most evil, violent empire ever etc.

I asked her what she thought the Romans would have done after 7/7. Or the Carthage... Everyone started joining in - apparently there were some quite interesting* characters in Korean history...
    People tend to forget how brutal the world has always been. We can kill more people in one go now, with bombs and the like, but for calculated brutality and wanton slaughter, and the civilian cost to conflict, the world has never been kind. We really have been so lucky to grow up in a world where such things actually seem freakishly unusual, rather than uncommon but hardly unusual.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Moses_ said:

SeanT said:

There is no multiculti "solution" here. We need to elect Hard Right governments which will deliver security.
    But the commitment to multiculturalism is now deeply entrenched and backed strongly by the political elite. People are scared to criticise due to the backlash they face. No-one in public life will take the risk of being excluded from the trough.

I really doubt that it will be addressed short of a Breivik style solution of the elimination of the political class. And that's never going to happen.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,556
    Clearly we need to sit down and talk with the nutters to understand their feelings and allow them to explain what we have done that has made them go around cutting peoples throats.
  • Options

Guardian also have the reshuffle story too

The shadow cabinet is bracing itself for a “revenge reshuffle” in the aftermath of Labour’s victory in the Oldham byelection, with key senior figures voicing fears they will be sacrificed by Jeremy Corbyn to kill dissent.

Labour’s surprisingly emphatic win on Thursday has given Corbyn and his supporters renewed confidence, leaving some of his most high-ranking critics in the party uneasy about their futures. One shadow cabinet minister told friends: “I am expecting a busy Christmas, and a very quiet new year.”

Sources at the top of the party said there were fears that an emboldened Corbyn would now try to stamp his authority on the party and “pick off” dissenters. Frontbenchers have already been emailed with a reminder of their duty to respect the leadership’s wishes, it is understood. Corbyn’s office has also made it clear to the shadow cabinet that they “know who has been briefing” against the leader.

http://bit.ly/1IMaya9

I find it very funny that holding a very safe labour seat has now emboldened him.
    Yes - but the comment ''Frontbenchers have already been emailed with a reminder of their duty to respect the leadership’s wishes, it is understood'' smells.

Hmmm... I thought the general position was collective responsibility, not following the dictates of the leader?
  • Options
    Another video from Leytonstone:

twitter.com/BigTobzsf/status/673239302290165760?lang=en-gb
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Cav Empt.

Hm.

I live three tube stops away!
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,398
    edited December 2015
    Wonder what the point of 24hr news is if you don't report breaking news? So I will have to watch Sky, who tell me 1 serious injured and 3 others also injured.
  • Options
    BBC still not reporting the Leytonstone attack on their website. Don't they have two independent sources yet?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

BBC still not reporting the Leytonstone attack on their website. Don't they have two independent sources yet?

News 24 are still reporting the bad weather.
  • Options
    BBC just reported it. A single sentence.

No mention of Islam, no mention of "This is for Syria".

WTF
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    AndyJS said:

Waiting for a statement from Corbyn as to why it is all our fault?
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Guardian also have the reshuffle story too

The shadow cabinet is bracing itself for a “revenge reshuffle” in the aftermath of Labour’s victory in the Oldham byelection, with key senior figures voicing fears they will be sacrificed by Jeremy Corbyn to kill dissent.

Labour’s surprisingly emphatic win on Thursday has given Corbyn and his supporters renewed confidence, leaving some of his most high-ranking critics in the party uneasy about their futures. One shadow cabinet minister told friends: “I am expecting a busy Christmas, and a very quiet new year.”

Sources at the top of the party said there were fears that an emboldened Corbyn would now try to stamp his authority on the party and “pick off” dissenters. Frontbenchers have already been emailed with a reminder of their duty to respect the leadership’s wishes, it is understood. Corbyn’s office has also made it clear to the shadow cabinet that they “know who has been briefing” against the leader.

http://bit.ly/1IMaya9

I find it very funny that holding a very safe labour seat has now emboldened him.
    Yes - but the comment ''Frontbenchers have already been emailed with a reminder of their duty to respect the leadership’s wishes, it is understood'' smells.

Hmmm... I thought the general position was collective responsibility, not following the dictates of the leader?
    Don't forget Jezza used to holiday in the GDR. Erich Honecker was not noted for either his sense of humour or his appreciation of alternative views.

Seriously, it's scary to see what's happening to one of our parties of Govt.
  • Options

Wonder what the point of 24hr news is if you don't report breaking news? So I will have to watch Sky, who tell me 1 serious injured and 3 others also injured.

SKY headlining the attack now.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,972
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Cav Empt.

Hm.

I'm sooooo close to telling my lefty friends QUITE HOW MUCH I DESPISE EVERY STUPID FUCKING THING THEY BELIEVE.

There's a couple I am close to lamping.

They just don't understand. Their whole worldview is predicated on West = Rich = Bad, and Brown = Oppressed = Good. So Islamism just does not compute. They do not even begin to understand it. Every comment they make is laughably uninformed.

A great world religion has mutated. It is an existential threat to everyone on the planet.

What was interesting was the definite fear in her face when non-white people told her what their cultures would have done. It was that moment that she touched The Other. No, they weren't being threatening to her in any way - they were not playing their background parts in the multicultural vista that Little Miss Whitey wanted. Almost like they were real people or something....
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

AndyJS said:

Waiting for a statement from Corbyn as to why it is all our fault?
    Oh he will, you know it
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Unbelievable.

They can devise a stitch up to save Yentob quicker than they report this. I seriously resent paying the license fee these days, any links to one of the wheezes that gets you off
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    AndyJS said:
    They are most probably struggling on how to report the story without mentioning the word terrorist.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,556

The BBC are always slow with stories.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Nothing about the Stabbing in Leytonstone from BBC yet: not even a BREAKING insert. The f*king bastards.

Mike FFS - incompetence not conspiracy.

I feel you might enjoy the website - "Above to psecret"

Lots of conspiracies there for you.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    BBC news at 10 is still not reporting the Leytonstone incident. Major fail for a once premier broadcasting service.

Edit
  • Options
    Important not to overreact, horrible extremism, resolve strengthened, tragedy, thoughts and prayers, great city, nothing to do with true islam, peace process, struggle of our age, don't overreact, terrible times, please god don't say anything racist people, brave police, no time for politics.

etc etc
  • Options
    Video of the attacker being handcuffed:

twitter.com/IraqiSecurity/status/673262021635346433?lang=en-gb
  • Options
    Floater said:

MikeK said:

Mike FFS - incompetence not conspiracy.

I feel you might enjoy the website - "Above to psecret"

Lots of conspiracies there for you.

For once @Floater, just float away in your dreamland.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    kle4 said:

Important not to overreact, horrible extremism, resolve strengthened, tragedy, thoughts and prayers, great city, nothing to do with true islam, peace process, struggle of our age, don't overreact, terrible times, please god don't say anything racist people, brave police, no time for politics.

etc etc

You missed....concern about backlash against minority communities....
  • Options
    MikeK said:

BBC new at 10 is still not reporting the Leytonstone incident. Major fail for a once premier broadcasting service.

Heads in the sand.
  • Options

kle4 said:

etc etc

You missed....concern about backlash against minority communities....
    Well, I felt it was covered under 'don't overreact', but you're right, needed to be clearer rather than unspoken about the communities.
  • Options
    Dair said:

WTF

Inexcusable really. Let's face it they have Sky news on in the background so they are more than aware.

Mind you they have to be impartial apparently and cannot show any bias to ISIS enemies. It's the charter n'stuff ... Innit.
  • Options
    Sky News aren't much better, still farting on about about a bit of extra wind and rain in the Lake District.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,167
    glw said:

Being played down on the Sky website. Sounds like an isolated nutter.
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Dair said:

WTF

Inexcusable really. Let's face it they have Sky news on in the background so they are more than aware.

Mind you they have to be impartial apparently and cannot show any bias to ISIS enemies. It's the charter n'stuff ... Innit.
    Its even on the Guardian website...so definitely no excuse!!!!
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Dair said:

WTF

Hey, at least they refer to them as the 'so called Islamic State', which is more than people would expect, as I have no doubt people object to supposedly validating the group by calling them that.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Stop the War posted this and then deleted it.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:HoT_n6U4xHYJ:stopwar.org.uk/index.php/news/ground-hogday-as-uk-parliament-joins-syria-war-declaring-a-bogus-moral-purpose+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

" Benn does not even seem to realize that the jihadist movement that ultimately spawned Daesh is far closer to the spirit of internationalism and solidarity that drove the International Brigades than Cameron’s bombing campaign – except that the international jihad takes the form of solidarity with oppressed Muslims, rather than the working class or the socialist revolution.

It is obvious that not all Muslims who have gone to fight in Iraq, Syria, Chechnya and other places have gone to these countries to obtain sexual slaves and throw homosexuals off balconies. Understanding these distinctions would make it a lot easier to understand the wellsprings of ‘radicalization’ than the fatuous inanities emanating from Cameron and his ministers."

Remember that absolute Wanker Corbyn is closely linked with these idiots.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    AndyJS said:

Sky News aren't much better, still farting on about about a bit of extra wind and rain in the Lake District.

They started the top of the hour with 5 minutes and I think basically covered what is known at this point in time.
  • Options
    nothing on BBC London webpage at 22.11.
  • Options
    Floater said:
    Yes, that one was a good one alright. Not everyone who fights for IS wants to take sex slaves and kill homosexuals, they just willingly and happily fight for and with people who do. It's ok because they fight for the oppressed!

It did also say that IS do need to be defeated, which is progress at least?
  • Options
    Eyewitness reports said the alleged knifeman spoke of Syria, which has been confirmed to Sky News by police.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,647
    edited December 2015
    BBC:

Cumbria floods
    India floods
    RAF Syria bombing
    Paris attack connection to Brum

No Leytonstone yet!
  • Options

glw said:

I remember 7/7 when the BBC didn't believe news of bombs going off on tube trains. and tried hard for the first hour to say it was electrical problems on the line. The blind shits!
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    dr_spyn said:

Give them chance, I mean it is only 3hrs since it happened....the BBC are severely undermanned these days because of budget cuts...The fact it is all over twitter and the police have briefed media doesn't mean anything.

They will get there in the end I am sure.

Now on BBC news, all about that minor work disagreement in California.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    I suppose in retrospect we should have anticipated the large Labour win. Fraudulent postal votes still go out in the same numbers don't they?
  • Options
    Leytonstone tube is famous for its Hitchcock mosaics:

http://www.thejoyofshards.co.uk/london/hitch/
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Moses_ said:

Dair said:

WTF

Hey, at least they refer to them as the 'so called Islamic State', which is more than people would expect, as I have no doubt people object to supposedly validating the group by calling them that.
    I think they were asked not to do that and refer to them a Daesh. That's where the we got the immortal line... can't give any favour to their enemies to remain balanced.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

dr_spyn said:

Give them chance, I mean it is only 3hrs since it happened....the BBC are severely undermanned these days because of budget cuts...The fact it is all over twitter and the police have briefed media doesn't mean anything.

It is under travel incidents in London, as of 22.17.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travel/london/incidents/light-rail
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Moses_ said:

kle4 said:

Moses_ said:

Dair said:

WTF

I think they were asked not to do that and refer to them a Daesh. That's where the we got the immortal line... can't give any favour to their enemies to remain balanced.
    Calling them IS seems better to me than Daesh. Leaving aside that the idea it really upsets IS to be called Daesh seems questionable (and who cares if it does), it reminds everyone what IS are claiming to be and, one would hope, enrages those who feel the name and message of is being perverted by these butchers. So whatever the motivation, I support that decision - going with Daesh seems pointless and ignoring the reality of what IS claim to be, which has to be directly challenged if it is to be refuted.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Cav Empt.

Hm.

I'm sooooo close to telling my lefty friends QUITE HOW MUCH I DESPISE EVERY STUPID FUCKING THING THEY BELIEVE.

They just don't understand. Their whole worldview is predicated on West = Rich = Bad, and Brown = Oppressed = Good. So Islamism just does not compute. They do not even begin to understand it. Every comment they make is laughably uninformed.

A great world religion has mutated. It is an existential threat to everyone on the planet.

I'm sorry but to mutate is to change. This is a major religion having elements who act as many of their religious compatriots did a thousand years ago. Islam needs to mutate to a modern peaceful religion. The unwillingness to accept religions have long standing nasty elements for fear of upsetting people is deep seated in the modern era. To point out problems with religions today is seen to be bigoted rather than enlightened.
  • Options
    From BBC London Travel page.

"No service on Central Line between Liverpool Street and Woodford and severe delays on the rest of the line due to a police inncident at Leytonstone."
  • Options

glw said:

There's nothing isolated about it. There are tens of thousands around the UK with the core beliefs which permit such heinous acts.

A Muslim that believes in Kufir, Haraam and Dar al-Harb has all the necessary motivation and self-acceptance to commit such an act. They are not killing people, they do not accept our culture, they are already at war with us.

These core beliefs are fundamental to Islam. Islam has no place in the UK.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,167

That's the 10'o'clock news over and nothing about Leytonstone.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

"No service on Central Line between Liverpool Street and Woodford and severe delays on the rest of the line due to a police inncident at Leytonstone."

Was described as a "customer incident" earlier!
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

Was described as a "customer incident" earlier!
    Well that's one way to describe it.
  • Options
    And back on BBC News 24....piddling on about the rain.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Moses_ said:

kle4 said:

Moses_ said:

Dair said:

WTF

Calling them IS seems better to me than Daesh. Leaving aside that the idea it really upsets IS to be called Daesh seems questionable (and who cares if it does), it reminds everyone what IS are claiming to be and, one would hope, enrages those who feel the name and message of is being perverted by these butchers. So whatever the motivation, I support that decision - going with Daesh seems pointless and ignoring the reality of what IS claim to be, which has to be directly challenged if it is to be refuted.
    I think the idea was that it has nothing to do with Islam and only gives them more credibility.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited December 2015

Not exactly in the interests of many (the government especially) to make it very public, especially with the Syrian angle of the story.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Hold on...somebody at the BBC has woken up...1 minute report, a stabbing no mention of Syria angle, despite police having confirmed what he said.

They made it sound like the far too common "regular stabbing" in rough part of London.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

No doubt sandwiched between signal failure at Clapham and train service delayed due to shortage of staff

Edit- just seen the Customer incident comment upthread. Beyond parody.
  • Options
    OK BBC News 24 just mentioned Leytonstone, with a video being mentioned but not shown.
  • Options
    News 24 just spent two full minutes reporting the Islamist terrorism in Leytonstone.

No mention of terrorism,
    No mention of Islam.
    No mention of "This is for Syria".

What a disgraceful and disgusting organisation the BBC have become.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Not exactly in the interests of many (the government especially) to make it very public, especially with the Syrian angle of the story.
    Why not?
  • Options
    From the Met Police:

"One man has sustained serious knife injuries; these are not believed at this stage to be life-threatening. Two other people have sustained minor injuries.

Commander Richard Walton, who leads the Met's Counter Terrorism Command, said: "We are treating this as a terrorist incident. I would urge the public to remain calm, but alert and vigilant.

http://news.met.police.uk/news/counter-terrorism-command-now-investigating-incident-at-leytonstone-140905
  • Options
    BBC News 24 just mentioned it, nothing on national news. No mention on BBC London Webpage but it does link to Evening Standard story re stabbing and tasar use.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,960
    edited December 2015
    Speedy said:

Oh do behave.

Why don't you go and worry about how to fill a shad. cabinet rather than making political points over an awful crime.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited December 2015

Speedy said:

Why not?
    This is why:
    Dair said:

News 24 just spent two full minutes reporting the Islamist terrorism in Leytonstone.

No mention of terrorism,
    No mention of Islam.
    No mention of "This is for Syria".

What a disgraceful and disgusting organisation the BBC have become.

As I said on the night of the Syrian vote, Cameron and Benn now own the Syrian issue and are very vulnerable on any ISIS moves.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Remind me again why BBC News 24 is an essential channel that I am forced to fund?
  • Options
    Slightly shocked to hear at the incident in Leystone. I only found out about it now; BBC news didn't mention it.

My thoughts are with all of the victims of the stabbing, alive or dead.

(But no, a Hard Right government is not the answer.)
  • Options
    From what I gather the police had to taser the guy several times before he went down. Sounds like lucky there weren't more injuries.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,684

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Cav Empt.

Hm.

I'm sorry but to mutate is to change. This is a major religion having elements who act as many of their religious compatriots did a thousand years ago. Islam needs to mutate to a modern peaceful religion. The unwillingness to accept religions have long standing nasty elements for fear of upsetting people is deep seated in the modern era. To point out problems with religions today is seen to be bigoted rather than enlightened.
    Bleeding heart liberals like you have already declares Islam as the "religion of peace" taking all the pressure off them to reform.
  • Options

OK BBC News 24 just mentioned Leytonstone, with a video being mentioned but not shown.

If the video is graphic them it shouldn't be shown.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    AndyJS said:

From the Met Police:

"One man has sustained serious knife injuries; these are not believed at this stage to be life-threatening. Two other people have sustained minor injuries.

Commander Richard Walton, who leads the Met's Counter Terrorism Command, said: "We are treating this as a terrorist incident. I would urge the public to remain calm, but alert and vigilant.

http://news.met.police.uk/news/counter-terrorism-command-now-investigating-incident-at-leytonstone-140905

I was going to say my money would be on paranoid schizophrenia rather than organised terrorism, but maybe not then
  • Options

Remind me again why BBC News 24 is an essential channel that I am forced to fund?

Met Police says three injured in a possible terrorist attack. Isn't that enough for the BBC?
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

No doubt sandwiched between signal failure at Clapham and train service delayed due to shortage of staff

Edit- just seen the Customer incident comment upthread. Beyond parody.
    Or badgers on the line at Hampton Wick

This discussion has been closed.