Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 11,706
edited April 2015 in General

Comments

• Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,942
    First first?
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Second Coming
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    This could be down to “shy unionists”

Nicola can't win here.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    I feel we're living in 'interesting times'. We probably deserve it :).
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Does anyone have a decent stash of "Certain To Vote" figures from the Indy Ref. Trying to get a line on Scotland Turnout
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Does anyone have a decent stash of "Certain To Vote" figures from the Indy Ref. Trying to get a line on Scotland Turnout

Voter registration up over 4000 in North and Leith is another pointer to the surge being utterly real imo.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Rather perversely the turnout could be lower in Scotland as a result of the electoral roll re-registration, which was surely in the high 90s percent with the referendum?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,073

There is not going to be a grand coalition under any circumstances. It is inconceivable in the UK parliamentary system. Quite apart from anything else, why on earth would either party want it?

What we might see is a 'grand confidence and supply', but even that is highly unlikely. More likely would be an informal arrangement where one of the two big parties decided to abstain on a confidence vote in order temporarily to keep the other in as a minority government. They would do this if they thought it was better, from a purely party-political viewpoint, to let things fester for a bit, heaping unpopularity on the poor saps trying to hold things together. They might also do this if they thought they needed more time themselves before provoking an election - for example, because funds were short or if they wanted to change leader first.

But a grand coalition is for the birds.

Yes: see Spain for exactly how this might work.

There the presence of regional (Basque, Catalan) parties has meant that the (historic) big two parties only very rarely got absolute majorities. Rather than be blackmailed at the mercy of regional parties to form a government, there was a gentleman's agreement between the big parties to allow the largest party to form a minority government.

Of course, to pass laws required a degree of compromise with smaller parties, or required individual representatives to be willing to ignore their party bosses, but - by and large - the system worked fairly well.
  • Options
    Another poll showing Scottish Labour getting the dockside hooker treatment.

As a Unionist, I'm worried about these rebellious Scots.

Can't someone come up with a strategy to crush Scottish Nationalism stone dead
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Alistair said:

Voter registration up over 4000 in North and Leith is another pointer to the surge being utterly real imo.
    The Leith part of North and Leith is so nailed on as SNP vote that I would be astounded if the North could overwhelm it with enough Lab vote.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,913
    Worrying times for the UK
  • Options
    I hope Carmichael loses his seat, his obstinence cost PBers money at the back end of last year. still odds against I reckon, but I live in hope.
  • Options

Lots more devolution should do it, the problem the first time was not enough devolution.
  • Options
    JEOJEO Posts: 3,656
    As NickPalmer said on the previous thread, the result that would come from such a thing makes a mockery of our electoral system. On top of this, you could have Labour win more seats with the Conservatives getting more votes, and UKIP having a fraction of the seats of the Lib Dems despite getting double the vote. Electoral form is severely needed. I can not see how anyone will be able to support the current system.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I hope Carmichael loses his seat, his obstinence cost PBers money at the back end of last year. still odds against I reckon, but I live in hope.

He was only resigning if there had been a Yes vote. Betting on him was a Yes proxy.
  • Options

I think Dave has done a tremendous job of stirring up Scottish nationalism with the Salmond pickpocket posters and remarks. It might well be good for our bank balances, and his electoral chances - but you need look no further if Scotland decides to go independent before 2024 say. He's probably tipped the remaining 5 or 6 % over the line.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

And leaking that memo caused me to close out my SNP spin position.

The tosser
  • Options
    FensterFenster Posts: 2,115
    I can't understand the Scots not taking to Ed.
  • Options
    BenMBenM Posts: 1,795
    Scotland has utterly dominated this campaign.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    FTP.
    PoliticsHome ‏@politicshome 2h2 hours ago
    65% of new households since 1997 were headed by a foreign national, MigrationWatch report says
    http://polho.me/1QI5jhL

Says it all really. The truth is even more troublesome for the UK than even UKIP darkest's forecasts.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

The tosser
    Cluck cluck cluck.

(Not that I can talk, I don't do spread betting)
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

There is not going to be a grand coalition under any circumstances. It is inconceivable in the UK parliamentary system. Quite apart from anything else, why on earth would either party want it?

What we might see is a 'grand confidence and supply', but even that is highly unlikely. More likely would be an informal arrangement where one of the two big parties decided to abstain on a confidence vote in order temporarily to keep the other in as a minority government. They would do this if they thought it was better, from a purely party-political viewpoint, to let things fester for a bit, heaping unpopularity on the poor saps trying to hold things together. They might also do this if they thought they needed more time themselves before provoking an election - for example, because funds were short or if they wanted to change leader first.

But a grand coalition is for the birds.

Yes: see Spain for exactly how this might work.

There the presence of regional (Basque, Catalan) parties has meant that the (historic) big two parties only very rarely got absolute majorities. Rather than be blackmailed at the mercy of regional parties to form a government, there was a gentleman's agreement between the big parties to allow the largest party to form a minority government.

Of course, to pass laws required a degree of compromise with smaller parties, or required individual representatives to be willing to ignore their party bosses, but - by and large - the system worked fairly well.
    Interesting, hadn't thought about how things work in Spain even though I used to live there!
    Maybe the arrangement ends up being less formal than an actual coalition between the big two, but as it's a new situation I can't imagine abstentions being seen as anything but negative "You let the evil other lot get away with X" by the press and other parties to the left and right of Lab and Con respectively.
  • Options

Pascal's Wager pic.twitter.com/zG3L9XybV7

— Saif Rahman (@SaifRRahman) June 21, 2014

One has to laugh dammit!
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,728
    Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

He was only resigning if there had been a Yes vote. Betting on him was a Yes proxy.
    Wasn't there a thought that Orkney and Shetland would want independence from Scotland if Scotland got independence from the UK?
  • Options
    JEO said:

As NickPalmer said on the previous thread, the result that would come from such a thing makes a mockery of our electoral system. On top of this, you could have Labour win more seats with the Conservatives getting more votes, and UKIP having a fraction of the seats of the Lib Dems despite getting double the vote. Electoral form is severely needed. I can not see how anyone will be able to support the current system.

In 1983 the Alliance got 25% of the vote against 27% for Labour, and got fewer than one tenth the number of seats. The voting system did not change. There were no riots.

In 1951, the Labour Party got more votes than the Conservatives, yet they won the election.

I don't buy the masses rising up in disgust at the election result.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Is anyone offering a spread on the UKIP-LibDem vote differential?
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,090

Transfer real powers to Scotland and let us get on with improving things under our own steam. Failure to really do this will mean the end of the UK sooner rather than later. The scary tactics last September gave London a breather to sort things out properly , I doubt they will bite the bullet and do the right thing.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

The tosser
    The normally unruffled Nabavi was in a bit of a spin over the cackhanded Ziniov attempt, if Nabavi worries, I worry.

I closed out Coatbridge and reopened the profit onto the SNP once it blew over.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,011
    Mr. K, nice cartoon, and hope you have a good day tomorrow. You'll be as old as Antigonus Monopthalmus was when he lost the Battle of Ipsus (but younger than Ramses II).
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Does anyone have estimated Yes vote by constituency in a table?
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,725
    Plato said:

Second Coming

Lucky girl!
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,728
    JEO said:

There have been cases before where the party with the largest number of votes didn't win the largest number of seats. Lib Dems have been getting a fraction of their percentage in votes as seats for decades. What's changed?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    For now I've abandoned the idea of laying off my heavy bets on the SNP in Rutherglen & Hamilton West.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    BenM said:

Scotland has utterly dominated this campaign.

Yes. One side-effect of that has been to prevent UKIP getting any momentum going. I imagine they were hoping to use the debates as lever to get favourable headlines about Farage trouncing LibLabCon, and the papers to be running stories speculating about many gains they could make. Instead Nicola has grabbed the limelight, and UKIP have been shoved out of the news.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,983
    rcs1000 said:

JEO said:

In 1983 the Alliance got 25% of the vote against 27% for Labour, and got fewer than one tenth the number of seats. The voting system did not change. There were no riots.

In 1951, the Labour Party got more votes than the Conservatives, yet they won the election.

The only people who can change the system are those who do well out of the system. Therefore the system doesn't change.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

Wasn't there a thought that Orkney and Shetland would want independence from Scotland if Scotland got independence from the UK?
    Not a serious one..
  • Options
    JEO said:

Suddenly when the London establishment are not winning the cry is "it's not fair". They have abused the system for hundreds of years and resisted change but suddenly it is an issue, they will cling on as long as possible.
  • Options

Yes, @Tissue_Price check out my SMAPS.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sAVzqjn9iA10c1wVlAwCiR0ycue0P83ixV-Zsak3ufs/edit?usp=sharing

Column S.

It is very, very approximate - I tended towards largest council area determining the Constituency Yes vote.
  • Options
    Hell Yes!

Plato said:

Second Coming

Lucky girl!
  • Options
    With the SNP even more leftie than the Labour Party; on a par with the Communist Party in many respects. Will the next government fortify our border with Scotland? England will need to stop these ravaging Picts from infesting the North.
  • Options
    JPJ2JPJ2 Posts: 378
    JEO

"Electoral form is severely needed. I can not see how anyone will be able to support the current system."

I half expect various assorted unionists to suggest that FPTP for Westminster be replaced by PR, but only in Scotland-to ensure fair representation for the people of Scotland, of course.

The MSM-and probably BBC Scotland-will give this serious attention before the electorate in Scotland gives them a severe skelping and they are roundly ridiculed on twitter (an approach being used increasingly and effectively by "cybernats" replacing the supposed abuse
  • Options

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

It was just bollox unionist guff
  • Options
    antifrank said:

For now I've abandoned the idea of laying off my heavy bets on the SNP in Rutherglen & Hamilton West.

Do you wish to share what odds you got on at?
  • Options
    MikeK said:

FTP.
    PoliticsHome ‏@politicshome 2h2 hours ago
    65% of new households since 1997 were headed by a foreign national, MigrationWatch report says
    http://polho.me/1QI5jhL

Says it all really. The truth is even more troublesome for the UK than even UKIP darkest's forecasts.

Although the number peaked between 2005 and 2009 at 89% (!). Assuming constant household formation (which is obviously a ridiculous assumption), that means that between 2009 and 2014, just 31% of were headed by a foreign national.

Of course, what does "headed" mean? Does it mean that the "Dad" was a foreign national? Is it a net number - or gross?
  • Options
    MikeK said:

With the SNP even more leftie than the Labour Party; on a par with the Communist Party in many respects. Will the next government fortify our border with Scotland? England will need to stop these ravaging Picts from infesting the North.

You so funny.
  • Options
    FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

Yes and it is highly likely that the would link with Noway and Iceland and take most of the oil reserves with them.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

rcs1000 said:

JEO said:

The only people who can change the system are those who do well out of the system. Therefore the system doesn't change.
    Yes.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,672
    rcs1000 said:

JEO said:

They will do the opposite: sit down onto their sofas, curse, stick two fingers up at Westminster, and not bother voting instead.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    malcolmg said:

JEO said:

Suddenly when the London establishment are not winning the cry is "it's not fair". They have abused the system for hundreds of years and resisted change but suddenly it is an issue, they will cling on as long as possible.
    It's not going to change as there are too many MPs in safe seats. Turkeys/Christmas and all that.

Not so many safe seats North of the Border, mind you (snigger).
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,005
    malcolmg said:

JEO said:

Yes I agree

Scotland ruled by Thatcher, Major, Blair and Cameron for 36 years, often against the will of their population... If the SNP hold the whip hand over us Southern Englishmen we will know how it feels
  • Options
    Alistair said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sAVzqjn9iA10c1wVlAwCiR0ycue0P83ixV-Zsak3ufs/edit?usp=sharing

Column S.

It is very, very approximate - I tended towards largest council area determining the Constituency Yes vote.
    Thank you Alistair.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Posts: 103
    SNP won't win every seat by a long shot. Unionists face unprecedented intimidation in Scotland, and thus are terrified of revealing their opposition to the SNP. I fully expect Scotland polling to prove to be remarkably wrong and to be the highlight of the election when the SNP underachieves by a very significant margin.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,075
    Plato said:

Hell Yes!

Plato said:

Second Coming

Lucky girl!
    That shows a distinct lack of stamina. ;-)
  • Options
    MikeK said:

The Tories are more leftie than labour nowadays, a centre left SNP government will do well with only London right wing parties as competition.
  • Options
    Mr. Isam, in the 18 years since 1997, we've had 13 years of Scottish Chancellors and 3 years of Scottish Prime Ministers (if we count Blair as English).

Given Scotland has 8% of the population, that's hardly the epitome of anti-democratic oppression.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited April 2015
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

The tosser
    The normally unruffled Nabavi was in a bit of a spin over the cackhanded Ziniov attempt, if Nabavi worries, I worry.

Yes, I got that wrong. Nicola managed to brush it off. The gal is a class act.

On topic, I agree with antifrank: it requires an awfully large act of faith to believe that all these polls, using different methodologies and backed up by Lord Ashcroft's individual constituency polls, are so far out that Scottish Labour can have any hope at all. What's more it makes sense - it really is hard to see the point of voting for Scottish Labour, given that the SNP have positioned themselves as truer to Labour's tradition than Labour is.

I don't believe the staws that some in Labour are clutching at: neither 'shy unionists' nor tactical votes for Labour will save them.

In contrast, popular LibDem incumbents in Scotland will, I think, get some tactical votes from Conservatives and perhaps some Labour unionists, but the SNP tsunami is going to be so powerful that it will sweep all, or nearly all, before it.
  • Options
    trublue said:

SNP won't win every seat by a long shot. Unionists face unprecedented intimidation in Scotland, and thus are terrified of revealing their opposition to the SNP. I fully expect Scotland polling to prove to be remarkably wrong and to be the highlight of the election when the SNP underachieves by a very significant margin.

Conservatives polling @ 17% suggests otherwise.
  • Options
    Financier said:

Alistair said:

Pulpstar said:

Yes and it is highly likely that the would link with Noway and Iceland and take most of the oil reserves with them.
    Dear Dear , that is just jaw dropping , how could someone claiming to be a "Financier" post something so patently stupid.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Column S.

Thank you Alistair.
    My Glasgow figures are particularly suspect - I just mapped Scottish Parliament area to Westminster Constituency which is significantly wrong in a number of cases but I had no better approach.

SMAPS started as just a bit of fun rather than the incredibly prescient forecasting tool it has become.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

antifrank said:

Oh I came late to the party on that seat, so nothing ridiculous. I think the longest odds were around the 3/1 mark.
  • Options
    "Along with dials representing the swing between Conservative and Labour, Conservative and Lib Dem, and Labour and Lib Dem, it will also feature the Scottish National party for the first time, the fourth swingometer charting the battle between Labour and Nicola Sturgeon’s party in Scotland.

Such is the projected scale of the SNP vote that the dial had to be rebuilt to allow the swing to go up to an unprecedented 30%. "

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/apr/28/bbc-swingometer-election-2015-unpredictable
  • Options
    trueblue

" I fully expect Scotland polling to prove to be remarkably wrong and to be the highlight of the election when the SNP underachieves by a very significant margin."

your expectations have a chance, just a chance, of being met but only if you define underachieving as polling over 40% and winning over 40 seats.
  • Options
    trublue said:

SNP are starting on 6. Anything above 12 is a good night for them.
    Anything above 20 is a great night.
    Anything above 30 is a redrawing of the political map of Scotland.
    Above 40 and the political map of the UK is redrawn.
  • Options
    I think the bigger swings in Kirkcaldy and Edinburgh SW are due to 2 very high profile incumbents standing down too.
  • Options
    Wipe out of SLAB and SLD in Scotland. A just reward. As you sow so shall you reap.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claim_of_Right_1989
    "A Claim of Right for Scotland was a document crafted by the Campaign for a Scottish Assembly in 1988, declaring the sovereignty of the Scottish people. It was signed by all then-serving Labour and Liberal Democrat MPs"
  • Options
    trublue said:

LOL, real bollox from deepest Surrey, come on Avery up your game.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,075
    trublue said:

I'm on record as saying the SNP would underachieve at the GE; I thought that some Labour voters would put their mark where they always had once in the privacy of the polling booth.

But as the election has neared, the polling is making that increasingly unlikely. We are seeing something truly remarkable.

Probably. ;-)
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    edited April 2015
    Pulpstar said:

With an attitude like that ("he lost me money so sack him") I'm surprised you're not a Tory :naughty:
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Alistair said:

antifrank said:

Oh I came late to the party on that seat, so nothing ridiculous. I think the longest odds were around the 3/1 mark.
    Ha! I managed to get on a Scottish constituency at longer odds than antifrank! For Two whole pounds.
  • Options
    Only John Wayne should walk like a cowboy. :wink:

Plato said:

Hell Yes!

Plato said:

Second Coming

Lucky girl!
    That shows a distinct lack of stamina. ;-)
  • Options

Mr. Isam, in the 18 years since 1997, we've had 13 years of Scottish Chancellors and 3 years of Scottish Prime Ministers (if we count Blair as English).

Given Scotland has 8% of the population, that's hardly the epitome of anti-democratic oppression.

Token unionist scots in key jobs doesn't alter the fact that scots were are ruled by people they didn't vote for
  • Options
    Well quite.

• Options

MD , one supposedly Scottish trougher in an overwhelming London based government pushing unfair London policies does not mean it is fair or democratic.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Lefties..do not worry..Eds interview with Brand will have all those errant Scots flooding back to Labour..Crosby must be pissing himself laughing
  • Options
    Mr. Isam, now I know you're being a tinker.

Gordon Brown was many things, but a token he was not.
  • Options
    All the polling evidence (from multiple different pollsters) at present suggests that the SNP vote share is increasing and that their lead over Labour is widening. As Richard Nabavi says, why should we disbelieve the pollsters?

Those of us who have sold Scottish turnout on the spreads should also feel cheerful. It's going to be harder for either side to motivate their voters to turn out for what looks likely to be a landslide. That was one reason why turnout in Britain as a whole was lower in 1997 than in 1992, even when the government changed hands.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

The tosser

I also blame Antifrank.

He thought about it on that thread.
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    malcolmg said:

trublue said:

Have the SNP recruited Luftur Rahman and his mates to cover polling stations?
  • Options

On topic, I agree with antifrank: it requires an awfully large act of faith to believe that all these polls, using different methodologies and backed up by Lord Ashcroft's individual constituency polls, are so far out that Scottish Labour can have any hope at all. What's more it makes sense - it really is hard to see the point of voting for Scottish Labour, given that the SNP have positioned themselves as truer to Labour's tradition than Labour is.

That's the thing that is so remarkable - the Ashcroft constituency polling pretty much perfectly matches the national polling across the pollsters.

It would have to be a spectacular polling failure for the SNP not to shoot the moon.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,568
    malcolmg said:

MikeK said:

The Tories are more leftie than labour nowadays, a centre left SNP government will do well with only London right wing parties as competition.
    Yes, there is a massive gap in the market for a right wing Scottish party. Either a renamed Tory breakaway (if the Tories are sensible) or a brand new party. Even a well-disguised UKIP offshoot would work if it was done very well and certain people were kept away from it *cough*David Coburn*cough*.
  • Options
    Great bit of archeology there. *titters*

Wipe out of SLAB and SLD in Scotland. A just reward. As you sow so shall you reap.
    "A Claim of Right for Scotland was a document crafted by the Campaign for a Scottish Assembly in 1988, declaring the sovereignty of the Scottish people. It was signed by all then-serving Labour and Liberal Democrat MPs"

• Options
    Charles said:

Pulpstar said:

With an attitude like that ("he lost me money so sack him") I'm surprised you're not a Tory :naughty:
    I'll never vote for the muppets of Labour, I think the Lib Dems are an utterly directionless irrelevance, and am half tempted by UKIP - though I don't think calling the SNP racist is particularly helpful. The Salmond posters of the Conservative campaign are a disgrace and noone else is standing in my constituency.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,900
    So if true we will have a 59 seat start for EICIPM from Scotland and the Tory led Coalition support from Scotland down from 12 to zero.

The left of centre Ed led coalition up to 59 seats from 47
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    Within MoE of ScotTory and ScotLab crossover?! Lmao, Skeletor, what have you done?!
  • Options
    @trublu: please change your email address to a real one.

Thanks
  • Options
    JEOJEO Posts: 3,656
    isam said:

Token unionist scots in key jobs doesn't alter the fact that scots were are ruled by people they didn't vote for
    The Scots voted for a Blair-led New Labour party. They got government from a Blair-led New Labour party. They were ruled by exactly the people they voted for.
  • Options
    Morris Dancer

"Mr. Isam, in the 18 years since 1997, we've had 13 years of Scottish Chancellors and 3 years of Scottish Prime Ministers (if we count Blair as English).

Given Scotland has 8% of the population, that's hardly the epitome of anti-democratic oppression. "

These people were and are unionist Scots and Brit Nats.

Scottish nationalism is not interested in ethnicity, which is why around 28% of English born Scottish residents voted Yes.
  • Options
    This all means we are doubting the veracity of JackW's ARSE.
  • Options

If a prominent SNP politician was English I still wouldn't want them running my country
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,672
    FPT. Mike S - very good interview on polling matters. I really enjoyed it. Particularly the trip down memory lane on the formation of pb.com and all that "Kerry" stuff!

I also listened with great interest to your points on the representativeness of the online polling panels, and the issues around randomness in the phone polls. Food for thought.
  • Options
    Carmichael going will add £40 to the winnings too, via SNP seatspotting (He surely is the very last SNP seat to go in Scotland)
  • Options

From his own mouth he was "North British" and would stoop to anything in his lust for power, not a good example I am afraid.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Scotland Only:
    Ipsos: SNP 54 Lab 20 Con 17 LD 5
    Panel: SNP 51 Lab 26 Con 14 LD 5
    TNS: SNP 54 Lab 22 Con 13 LD 6 (face to face)

Scotland Subsamples – Phone
    Ashcroft: SNP 51 Lab 20 Con 15 LD 6
    Comres: SNP 42 Lab 19 Con 17 LD 16 -!!!!
    ICM: SNP 54 Lab 19 Con 18 LD 5
    Ipsos: SNP 51 Lab 17 Con 18 LD 6

Scotland Subsamples – UK Net
    Opinium: SNP 39 Lab 28 Con 19 LD 5
    Populus: SNP 46 Lab 29 Con 14 LD 7
    Survation: SNP 48 Lab 25 Con 15 LD 9
    TNS: SNP 37 Lab 32 Con 17 LD 12
    YG: SNP 43 Lab 28 Con 16 LD 8

Shy unionists or UK internet pollsters pre-loaded with party members and activists?

How about shy nationalists talking to English telephone pollsters? No, can't see that.
  • Options
    Plato said:

Great bit of archeology there. *titters*

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786

So if true we will have a 59 seat start for EICIPM from Scotland and the Tory led Coalition support from Scotland down from 12 to zero.

The left of centre Ed led coalition up to 59 seats from 47

And there are about 2 million pencil waverers in England and Wales who will be the deciding factor in this - whether they are prepared for that or not. This election has become de facto an extension of indyref into the whole UK
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Carmichael going will add £40 to the winnings too, via SNP seatspotting (He surely is the very last SNP seat to go in Scotland)

He adds £25 to my profit as I have a fiver on the SNP there.
  • Options
    timmo said:

malcolmg said:

trublue said:

Have the SNP recruited Luftur Rahman and his mates to cover polling stations?
    Totally unnecessary , don't you watch or listen to the news
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

The tosser

I also blame Antifrank.

He thought about it on that thread.
    I think about lots of things. Mostly rubbish, to be honest.

I still have an open buy position on the SNP at 20.5 (and for full disclosure, I have recently sold Labour at 8 on the inflammatorily named Scottish regional market). That price on Scottish Labour is still available, somewhat to my surprise given the recent slew of polls.
This discussion has been closed.