Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Monday afternoon rolling polling blog

Comments

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @skymarkwhite: BREAKING - Prime Minister David Cameron says he will attend an emergency summit of European leaders on Thursday to discuss #migrant crisis
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,014
    @MaxPB

The London property market always looks ridiculous but it just goes up further. You can't move for Estate Agents in Hammersmith !
  • Options
    @LordAshcroft: In my latest constituency polling, the SNP are ahead in Edinburgh North & Leith: http://t.co/1UC5Rh6tPJ
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    I thought UKIP had an outside chance of gaining one of the Blackpool seats a while ago, but the Ashcroft poll didn't seem that encouraging for them.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,008
    SPIN now down to a 14 seat Con lead. That's moved from 19 seat lead this morning.
    Are we heading for a SPIN crossover?
  • Options
    @LordAshcroft: SNP also lead in Edinburgh South - but it’s close: http://t.co/llWbbOGxLu
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Dair said:

Pulpstar said:
    Edinburgh North & Leith and Edinburgh South is my expectation.
    And SNP win both says LA - South being closer.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    Pulpstar said:

@MaxPB

The London property market always looks ridiculous but it just goes up further. You can't move for Estate Agents in Hammersmith !

Can anyone tell me why estate agents seem to regard polyester suits, crap ties, and spikey hair as some sort of uniform?
  • Options
    Goodness, SNP even ahead in one of the most "No" seats of all.
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    Scott_P said:

@LordAshcroft: In my latest constituency polling, the SNP are ahead in Edinburgh North & Leith: http://t.co/1UC5Rh6tPJ

Shit, it's not even close.

All those people saying there's hope for Unionists in Edinburgh.....
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

Anyone heard anything about these seats?

"...a UKIP insider told Breitbart London that Labour have “taken either eye off the ball” in a number of areas that were previously considered safe. UKIP bosses are now expecting a number of shock results on 7th May that will dent Labour’s dominance in Northern England.

So far the pundits suggested UKIP were in contention in Rotherham, Heywood and Grimsby. Labour responded by running major campaigns in the seats, hoping to thwart UKIP plans. However, there are now believed to be up to five other seats in contention, but they are not receiving support from Labour HQ as it’s unaware of the risk."

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/04/20/working-class-voters-eyeing-ukip-as-polling-tips-surprise-northern-england-wins/

LordA has been busy polling scottish seats, so he hasn't polled many potential UKIP targets, there could be many under the radar that no one knows, but that is the risk.
  • Options
    Edinburgh South is one of the toughest of all for the SNP
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    The average of the two ICM polls in the official campaign is:

Con 36.5%
    Lab 32.5%
    LD 9%
    UKIP 9%
    Green 6%

If I say that I trust in ICM am I safe from being accused of being a Tory, or is it too soon?
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Two new Ashcroft Scottish constituency polls ....

Corby and the Faroe Islands??
  • Options
    The tacticals may help Labour hold Edinburgh South, Dumfries, Galloway and err... that's it.
  • Options
    hucks67hucks67 Posts: 758
    Re discussion on UK house prices or more specifically the London area. Apparently most of the new build properties are being bought by Chinese and Malaysian investors. They often just buy them off plan and on completion leave them empty. The question is why they are doing this, when the prices may be at near their highest level. Do they think that London represents a safe haven for their money ?

I don't really quite understand foreign investors spending tens of millions on flats near central London. One Chinese investor bought 38 flats in one deal, when they will not be built for awhile. Is this confidence in the London property market or do they fear that the Chinese economy is going to suffer and it is best to move some of their money elsewhere.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,930
    edited April 2015

The average of the two ICM polls in the official campaign is:

Con 36.5%
    Lab 32.5%
    LD 9%
    UKIP 9%
    Green 6%

If I say that I trust in ICM am I safe from being accused of being a Tory, or is it too soon?

Close to what JohnO was predicting down thread! :smiley:

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Has SPIN narrowed slightly to 14 now between Labour and Con ? It had widened to 19 earlier.

Same as last week now.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,634
    edited April 2015
    Pulpstar said:

@MaxPB

I just don't understand where the demand for two bed flats at these insane prices is coming from. It can't all be from dodgy Russians and Arabs. It is absolutely crazy that a two bed cost £440k just two years ago now costs £700k. Who the hell is buying at that price?!?

I felt like I overpaid at £440k.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,237
    MaxPB said:

PeterC said:

But how do you "rebase" house prices?

Increase supply, increase taxes on property investment, increase supply. Let the market adjust, introduce protections for people who are meeting their mortgage repayments on time but are in negative equity.
    House prices rising by 60% is a function of increased demand with very limited supply. Building more houses and flats is what's needed. We've known this for years but have done not enough about it. Limiting demand from overseas buyers is also, IMO, needed. There's no point building loads of flats if they're all bought by Chinese investors.

• Options
    Latest Lord Ashcroft poll

Con 34 (+1) Lab 30 (-3) LD 10 (+1) UKIP 13 (nc) Greens 4 (-2)
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,930
    edited April 2015
    Lord Ashcroft @LordAshcroft · 17s 18 seconds ago
    Ashcroft National Poll, 17-19 April: CON 34%, LAB 30%, LDEM 10%, UKIP 13%, GRN 4%. Details on @ConHome, 4pm:
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039

There's your 30%, Bob!
  • Options

kjohnw said:

from BBC: SNP will represent UK interests, leader Nicola Sturgeon says

Nicola Sturgeon seems to have become increasingly arrogant about her parties ability to dictate to rUK after the GE. Surely this will be a major turn off for English DK voters and will sure up the Tory vote south of the border. That a Scottish Party could hold England to ransom is an anathema to English voters

She, the SNP, has no right to consider at all those English only issues which are devolved to Scotland. What right has Sturgeon to vote on the English NHS?
    Legally, the SNP MPs will be elected to the UK Parliament. Not voting for English issues was just a convention. There is no law to stop them.

Can you stop SNP Lords from voting in the Lords ? There is no upper House in Holyrood.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Ho hum, one 50/1 bet looking decent, one 25/1 bet looking plausible.

Not too shabby.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,483

Yet another Pro-Tory outlier!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    They are out, and it's SNP win as usual.
  • Options
    SNP on 6%!
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,025
    edited April 2015
    SPUDS

Con -5
    Lab -4
    UKIP +5
    LD +3
    Green -4
  • Options

"...a UKIP insider told Breitbart London that Labour have “taken either eye off the ball” in a number of areas that were previously considered safe. UKIP bosses are now expecting a number of shock results on 7th May that will dent Labour’s dominance in Northern England.

So far the pundits suggested UKIP were in contention in Rotherham, Heywood and Grimsby. Labour responded by running major campaigns in the seats, hoping to thwart UKIP plans. However, there are now believed to be up to five other seats in contention, but they are not receiving support from Labour HQ as it’s unaware of the risk."

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/04/20/working-class-voters-eyeing-ukip-as-polling-tips-surprise-northern-england-wins/

Bullshit !
  • Options

SNP on 6%!

Nicola for PM! :sunglasses:
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Focus group gem here:

“I work for Royal Mail, so I got privatised. Now I’ve got to work for a living and it’s a killer.”
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

isam said:

That reads to me like UKIP not doing as well as they hoped in Rotherham, Heywood and Grimsby.
    Dudley North
    Staffordshire Moorlands
    Rother Valley
    Stoke on Trent South
    Walsall North
    Walsall South
    West Bromwich West
    Wolverhampton NE
    Cannock Chase

Forgive me I don't know which are Labour at the moment but theyd be my guesses at UKIPs Northern chances
    Only one of those is in the North :p
    Ha oh really?! Apologies. North of Watford, my geography isn't that great
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176

Still waiting for the Con 30% poll Bob Sykes promised us. Perhaps the noble Lord will oblige?

Read my posts properly and you'll see i "promised" no such thing.
    JamesM said:

Today's ICM is, except for the Conservatives/Others figures what I predicted for the result nearly two weeks ago and which I have placed in my work's prediction league:

Conservative 37%
    Labour 32%
    UKIP 11%
    Lib Dem 10%
    Green 5%
    Others 5%

I went for Conservatives getting about 319 seats, but acknowledged it could be Tory maj, Tory minority or Lib-Con coalition dependent on where the votes fall.

I am sticking to this at the moment, but we get a round two of our prediction league in the final week and for now I would likely put the Cons down to 36% and others up to 6%.

In terms of shy voters as discussed earlier, I can only struggle to make a case for the notion of the shy Labour voter outside of Scotland; why would they not be open about voting Labour? But shy LD, Con, UKIP and Lab in Scotland seem sensible ideas to me.

Crumbs, 319? What are you on?!

Do you think we'll (the Clarets) stay up too or is that pushing it too far?

I fear May will be a bleak month of Miliband assuming power and BFC back in the Championship!
  • Options
    Another decent poll for the Tories. It is just YouGov and Populus that are good for Labour at the moment.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited April 2015
    [Edit: I see Tissue Price got there first]
  • Options

SeanT said:

Here's an interesting thing. Natalie Bennett lives in my constituency, and is the Green PPC here (Holborn & St Pancras).

Her address is on the postal voting slip (I already voted as I might be out the country for the GE itself). I've also noticed that it is freely available to view on Google.

I admire her for this (if nothing else). It also enables me to reveal that her home is, according to Zoopla, worth £362,147

She must be the poorest of all the "major party" leaders. She's also, very clearly, on the wrong side of the Camden tracks.

Which part of that is meant to be interesting?
    He wanted you to ask him what is his flat worth in the market now. Since it is only a flat , less than £2 million , I guess.

• Options
    SNP on 57 and 59% on today's subsamples - ahead in Edinburgh South.

Why have I laid off so much.

What have I been thinking :D !
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    London will vote Labour because it's Lefty and right-on to do so.
  • Options
    LA highlight

" But what do you suppose is the Prime Minister’s favourite TV programme? “I reckon he’s got an EastEnders fetish. That’s how he gets his idea of what ordinary people are like.” Mr Clegg? “Countryfile or Antiques Roadshow, something soft and fluffy. Or whatever his wife has told him they’re watching.” Mr Miliband? “Panorama”. And Mr Farage? “He would only watch British comedies. Only Fools And Horses; he models himself on Boycie.”"
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Another decent poll for the Tories. It is just YouGov and Populus that are good for Labour at the moment.

Yup, you're right ! 6% down to 2%. EICIPM !!!!
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746

That reads to me like UKIP not doing as well as they hoped in Rotherham, Heywood and Grimsby.
    There was a Labour private poll of Hull (?) tweeted by a journalist the other day that seemed to show UKIP in contention. That sort of supports the article.
    Wasn't the fieldwork for that Hull poll done over a 6 month period or something?

Also I presume Breitbart News UK is about as reputable and sound as its US cousin??
    One of the Breitbart journos left to work with UKIP/Farage, so they should have good access to any insider gossip.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

kjohnw said:

Nicola Sturgeon seems to have become increasingly arrogant about her parties ability to dictate to rUK after the GE. Surely this will be a major turn off for English DK voters and will sure up the Tory vote south of the border. That a Scottish Party could hold England to ransom is an anathema to English voters

She, the SNP, has no right to consider at all those English only issues which are devolved to Scotland. What right has Sturgeon to vote on the English NHS?
    Legally, the SNP MPs will be elected to the UK Parliament. Not voting for English issues was just a convention. There is no law to stop them.

Can you stop SNP Lords from voting in the Lords ? There is no upper House in Holyrood.
    The SNP do not accept Lordships. To accept one would mean instant expulsion from the party.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    MaxPB said:

Pulpstar said:

@MaxPB

I just don't understand where the demand for two bed flats at these insane prices is coming from. It can't all be from dodgy Russians and Arabs. It is absolutely crazy that a two bed cost £440k just two years ago now costs £700k. Who the hell is buying at that price?!?

Bank of (rich) mum and dad. City boys.

Russians and Chinese aren't buying conversions in W6, they're going for purpose built apartments in faceless luxury riverside blocks that normal people could never afford even when prices were more sane.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    edited April 2015
    MaxPB said:

Pulpstar said:

@MaxPB

Rich mummies and daddies in the shires are paying (at least the mortgages) of these places for their London-working kids, to help them get on the housing ladder. If you have parents wealthy enough, you're fine. If you don't, you're screwed.

It's called social mobility....
  • Options
    Labour preparing for defeat, from one of its biggest cheerleaders

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/590160374776881152
  • Options
    Wonder what SNP seatspotting will come back at.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,237
    hucks67 said:

Re discussion on UK house prices or more specifically the London area. Apparently most of the new build properties are being bought by Chinese and Malaysian investors. They often just buy them off plan and on completion leave them empty. The question is why they are doing this, when the prices may be at near their highest level. Do they think that London represents a safe haven for their money ?

I don't really quite understand foreign investors spending tens of millions on flats near central London. One Chinese investor bought 38 flats in one deal, when they will not be built for awhile. Is this confidence in the London property market or do they fear that the Chinese economy is going to suffer and it is best to move some of their money elsewhere.

Probably a bit of both. London property has become like a bank for overseas investors. It is absurd and I think we have to stop - or place some sort of restrictions - on this.

At this rate every one bedroom flat in London is going to end up costing £2 mio before long.......!
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,734
    Lord Ashcroft:
    "Swing voters, who say they don’t know how they will vote or that they may yet change their minds, were more likely to say they were moving towards Labour (35%) than the Conservatives (24%) or the Lib Dems (19%). A higher proportion of voters said they were moving towards the three established parties, and fewer said they were moving away, than was the case when I last asked this question in July 2014. The reverse was true for UKIP: 22% said they were moving towards the party (down three points), while 53% said they were moving away (up seven points)."
    Sleazy UKIP on the slide.
  • Options
    The Edinburgh South poll is the first that seems to show any evidence of tactical unionist voting. In the circumstances, it's probably the best poll for Labour of all the Lord Ashcroft Scottish constituency polls.
  • Options

There was a Labour private poll of Hull (?) tweeted by a journalist the other day that seemed to show UKIP in contention. That sort of supports the article.
    It wasn't a poll, it was canvassing results.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

SNP on 57 and 59% on today's subsamples - ahead in Edinburgh South.

Why have I laid off so much.

What have I been thinking :D !

Next full Scottish poll will hit my prediction of 55% SNP (especially if its an IPSOS-Mori phone poll).
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Bullshit !
    Canvassed in a Labour ward in S Thanet yesterday and a working class ward in a strongly Tory seat today. Labour vote is coming over to UKIP in droves.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

The Edinburgh South poll is the first that seems to show any evidence of tactical unionist voting. In the circumstances, it's probably the best poll for Labour of all the Lord Ashcroft Scottish constituency polls.

On the flip side it is also the SNP's toughest or 2nd toughest seat from SLAB.
  • Options
    Does anyone from Scotland have any ideas about what's caused the further swing to the SNP since the campaign began? Sturgeon's debates performances? Negative Murphy effect? Perceptions of anti-Scottishness from the English?
  • Options
    Lolz

May 2015 think the Guardian shouldn't have published last week's ICM and ICM should have reran it because it was an outlier.
  • Options
    What were the "No", "Yes" splits in the Edinburgh constituencies ?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,016
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Got Spike after a retune. [I know you were all wondering about that].

Not bad for the Conservatives overall today. It's going to be fascinating to see whether the SNP really can roll over Labour's mega-majorities.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

Pulpstar said:

@MaxPB

Bank of (rich) mum and dad. City boys.

Russians and Chinese aren't buying conversions in W6, they're going for purpose built apartments in faceless luxury riverside blocks that normal people could never afford even when prices were more sane.
    I haven't noticed many City boys around here. Most of them are in trendier areas of East London like Brick Lane and Shoreditch, and the older generation of City, err, men are in the suburbs of North and West London. Yeah not many Chinese investment around here, must just be rich parents able to put up hundreds of thousands for their kid(s) to buy expensive flats.
  • Options

Lolz

May 2015 think the Guardian shouldn't have published last week's ICM and ICM should have reran it because it was an outlier.

ANY poll showing a Tory lead is an outlier!

(ONLY KIDDING :lol:)
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, very EU.

"This polling does not give the right answer. Poll a second time!"
  • Options
    antifrank said:

It is slightly strange though.

Has any other Ashcroft poll showed less than a 20% reduction in Labour's vote share? And this one shows less than 3% reduction. Seems very out of sync and nothing else in the Ashcroft series shows the Labour vote remaining so solid.

I guess the Tory shift supports the possibility of heavy tactical voting. But can it really produce more tactical votes given how things stand right now.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    MaxPB said:

Pulpstar said:

@MaxPB

Essentially London property is a AAA bond for foreign investor, many of whom are, I guess, looking for stability and security in an uncertain world. If you have a net worth of £3M (say) and fancy a bolthole from the possibility of being strung up from a lamp post, having property confiscated because you don't agree with who's in power this year, or are living in a place with a bonkers economy, you maybe don't care too much about the finer points of £450K in Zone 2 versus £350K in zone 3 (or whatever). You just want an X on the map that's safe, and strange though it might seem to us lucky enough to be here and take all the above for granted, it has a "value". We are part financing our trade deficit with the world by selling our political stability. Trouble is if the market turns that's a lot of hot money that can go to Zurich/N York/Toronto or wherever.

Add in the population going up by about 2-3M a decade and household formation probably being even higher than past decades (divorce, smaller families, folk living longer etc) and the locals are driving up demand generally too.

Of course unless we free up some planning laws and build a lot more too (think we are pretty much all agreed on the need to increase supply) we will probably continue (as long as the foreign money stays) to have the nuts situation we have that just about anyone owing a three bed flat inside the M25 is liable for IHT as indeed are "normal" houses the "nicer" parts of provincial cities.
  • Options
    GadflyGadfly Posts: 1,191
    Telephone polls vs YouGov polls including today's results. Click charts to enlarge...

Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire

Simple, Free Image and File Hosting at MediaFire
  • Options
    Just ELBOWed all four of today's polls (YG, Pop, Ash, ICM) = Lab 0.2% ahead
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Dair said:

antifrank said:

It is slightly strange though.

Has any other Ashcroft poll showed less than a 20% reduction in Labour's vote share? And this one shows less than 3% reduction. Seems very out of sync and nothing else in the Ashcroft series shows the Labour vote remaining so solid.

I guess the Tory shift supports the possibility of heavy tactical voting. But can it really produce more tactical votes given how things stand right now.
    Labour have incumbency and 30% ? was it ? "Yes" vote in Edi South to work with though.

Also the start point for the SNP there is only 7.7%.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Does anyone from Scotland have any ideas about what's caused the further swing to the SNP since the campaign began? Sturgeon's debates performances? Negative Murphy effect? Perceptions of anti-Scottishness from the English?

Probably all three and more.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

"Yes" %
    East: 47.3%
    North & Leith: 40.0%
    South West: 38.4%
    South: 34.7%
    West: 34.5%
  • Options

Lolz

What does your ELBOW show today?
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    Someone's offering 6/4 on Betfair on the SNP getting over 50 seats

http://sports.betfair.com/Index.do?mi=117793380&ex=1&origin=MRL

That's an evens bet right now, surely?
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,913
    Antifrank

"The Edinburgh South poll is the first that seems to show any evidence of tactical unionist voting. In the circumstances, it's probably the best poll for Labour of all the Lord Ashcroft Scottish constituency polls."

Ian Murray is an outstanding local MP.
  • Options

But, wait! There's more!

Excising YG, I get a TORY lead of 0.2% :lol:
  • Options

Lolz

Did they include it in their poll of polls ?
  • Options
    Anyone else wondering why Lord A released a batch of Scottish polls on Friday, then two more on Monday?

Surely he could have waited to release them in one go.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    Pulpstar said:

IIRC Edinburgh South was 65% no, 35% yes.
  • Options
    For those wot missed it yesterday - ELBOW data for week-ending 19th April (polls with end-dates from 12th to 18th):

https://twitter.com/Sunil_P2/status/589748381813239808

https://twitter.com/Sunil_P2/status/589749837446434816
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Edinburgh N & Leith YES 40: NO 60
    Edinburgh S: YES 35: NO 65
    Edinburgh E: YES 47: NO 53
    Edinburgh SW: YES 38: NO 61
    Edinburgh W: YES 34: NO 65
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,079
    MoE MoE continues to play with us. Still, while it's not nice there's still no definitive substantive movement in any direction, at least it remains so close there is the possibility of a change in outcome, even if it is not on the horizon yet. Keeps things semi interesting.
  • Options
    Labour might be holding Dumferline West Fife, in fact I think that's an early declaration.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    surbiton said:

kjohnw said:

The fact that it is so, does not make it satisfactory.

It is a totally undemocratic aberration for so-called elected MPs to be deciding something for another country that doesn't apply in their own. If the SNP enact a bad English law, how does the electorate remove them from power? How do they get held to account?

This is not the same as Tory MPs under Thatcher creating laws as that was a single country then pre-devolution. English MPs don't and can't pass devolved legislation on Scotland.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Lolz

Think so.

I'm trying to find them saying Panelbase should have rerun the poll with lab 6% ahead
  • Options

Lolz

What does your ELBOW show today?
    Labour lead of 0.2% (or, if you exclude YG, a Tory lead of 0.2%).
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

Edinburgh N & Leith YES 40: NO 60
    Edinburgh S: YES 35: NO 65
    Edinburgh E: YES 47: NO 53
    Edinburgh SW: YES 38: NO 61
    Edinburgh W: YES 34: NO 65
    Could Mike Crockhart be THE shock Lib Dem hold of the night ?!
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    The polls:

Unless there's convergence some pollsters might be looking for a new line of work come May 8th.

Bit unfair I suppose as it all looks about 34/34 ish, but the moving parts of UKIP/Green/SNP/Lib Dem collapse (but defending what they hold to the last bullet), voter registration (or lack of), internet versus phone, tactical voting, shy everyones (except the SNP) could all make it look a bit ugly. As the analysis pointed out this morning there's a big difference between predicting a winner by four lengths which wins by two , and predicting a winner by two that loses by two, even if the horse is called Margin of Error.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Pulpstar said:

Labour might be holding Dumferline West Fife, in fact I think that's an early declaration.

I'm not tempted by that one. I think the SNP might have been artificially depressed by both a "LibDem by-election effect" and a Brown backyard effect last time, and Fife was a strongish area for "Yes".
  • Options
    Actually SNP start off on 13.2% there - way too much :D - think he's toast tbh.

But should get 2nd ;)
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Lolz

Think so.

I'm trying to find them saying Panelbase should have rerun the poll with lab 6% ahead
    Panelbase are hangin' tough - the New Kids On The Block of national polling!
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

Anyone else wondering why Lord A released a batch of Scottish polls on Friday, then two more on Monday?

Surely he could have waited to release them in one go.

He couldn't get his bets on in time?
  • Options

Oh does last nights YG count as today for ELBOW purposes?

If so I can reveal the first ever daily SPUD!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    isam said:

Oh does last nights YG count as today for ELBOW purposes?

If so I can reveal the first ever daily SPUD!
    An ELBOW is published on Sunday (Sunil on Sunday!), so an ELBOW week runs from Sunday to Saturday, regarding field-work end-dates.

What is SPUD?
  • Options
    Mr. Thompson, indeed, an obvious point that some seem to deliberately overlook.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,133
    SeanT said:

surbiton said:

SeanT said:

Here's an interesting thing. Natalie Bennett lives in my constituency, and is the Green PPC here (Holborn & St Pancras).

Her address is on the postal voting slip (I already voted as I might be out the country for the GE itself). I've also noticed that it is freely available to view on Google.

I admire her for this (if nothing else). It also enables me to reveal that her home is, according to Zoopla, worth £362,147

She must be the poorest of all the "major party" leaders. She's also, very clearly, on the wrong side of the Camden tracks.

Which part of that is meant to be interesting?
    He wanted you to ask him what is his flat worth in the market now. Since it is only a flat , less than £2 million , I guess.

Er, no, I really didn't. I thought it interesting that Bennett is so (comparatively) poor (by London property owning standards, and in relation to other London party leaders) and also that she is prepared to put her address out there, in public.

It actually made me warm to her. She is probably the most "ordinary" of the national party leaders, even if her policies are the craziest.

And for the record, my flat is worth nowhere NEAR what you suggest. It's a pleasant one bedder in the posher end of Camden, not a penthouse in Knightsbridge. DYOR.

I didn't get on the property ladder til I got off heroin (about 14 years ago). I'm a late developer.
    Which brought you more pleasure: the heroin or the flat in Primrose Hill?
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341

Lolz

Let's hope they don't look at the 2015:2010 vote ratios in today's sample - Con 38 Lab 32
  • Options
    antifrank said:
    Hard to believe he's someone who once got drunk and punched a police officer.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    edited April 2015
    antifrank said:
    Bitter? Lucky.

If he was still an MP, he'd probably be losing his seat in 17 days time, not sitting pretty in the HoL.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

So Labour now following a 30% strategy.

How does that work?

• Options
    Paging Sunil, you can't vote for that loser Wes Streeting, I mean how embarrassing is this ?

https://twitter.com/DJack_Journo/status/590175043377823745
This discussion has been closed.