Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Get ready folks for an election to remember….!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

@ShippersUnbound: YouGov/Sunday Times poll
    Fieldwork all carried out after the Paxo primary.
    Lab 36%
    Con 32%
    LD 8%
    Ukip 13%
    Green 6%

I'm on Tory minority and perfectly happy with that, these polls are all over the place.
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012

@ShippersUnbound: YouGov/Sunday Times poll
    Lab 36%
    Con 32%
    LD 8%
    Ukip 13%
    Green 6%

A 4% lead is a 4% lead and cannot be argued with. Or its just background noise. But has it anything to do with the 'debates' or interviews? Or to do with charges and leaks about cuts? I think the latter.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Labour were 4 points clear in a YG two weeks ago, immediately after a decent Tory lead.

Smooth it out.

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873

TSE retweeted
    Tim Shipman ‏@ShippersUnbound 40s40 seconds ago
    YouGov/Sunday Times poll
    Lab 36%
    Con 32%
    LD 8%
    Ukip 13%
    Green 6%

EICIPM (With overall Maj on these numbers)

Remind me who won the debate

Betfair OM market finger on the pulse
  • Options
    Paul_Mid_BedsPaul_Mid_Beds Posts: 1,409
    Oliver_PB said:

Slightly surprised Labour got a debate bump, largely because I'd assumed no-one had watched it.

I thought Miliband did fine, plus it gave him an opportunity to get Labour's policies away from the spin of the media. Kind of surprised how negative some were about Miliband's performance.

I suspect the debates were disproportionately watched by political neds who have also disproportionately signed up to UGUV.
  • Options
    Are the Scots still voting for independence, as YG suggested?

• Options
    YouGov poll finds those who saw the TV programme 49% thought Miliband came across best to Cameron's 34%
  • Options
    Tonights YG

JackW your ARSE took a hell of a beating

Last Tuesdays BJESUS before debate

24.3.15 LAB 292 (291) CON 271(271) LD 30(30) UKIP 2(3) Others 55(55) (Ed is crap is PM)
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

YouGov poll finds those who saw the TV programme 49% thought Miliband came across best to Cameron's 34%

Perhaps that's showing an underlying bias in the YouGov sample.

Which explains the poll.

• Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371

The hard grilling of the Audience/paxo, the bias of burley seems and a little passion from Ed seems to have worked for miliband.

Spot On. Burley was so pathetically biased it was embarrassing. "Dave, do you eat three shredded wheat". OMFG!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,798
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Much as the mug amuses, the poll doesn't.

Very grim for Tories.

Cameron should have manned up and gone head to head with Miliband.

Cowardly Cameron missed a big opportunity IMO
    The polls have never given him a reason to be that confident, all along they have implied he is the underdog, headed for (narrow) defeat, if anything, so I don't know why he refused.
    Given I don't think he will have been as foolish as to think he was bound to get back in once the choice between him and Ed M was firmer in peoples' minds, the only explanation I can figure is that Cameron buys into the reasoning of some Tories from last time that he would have won a clear majority if only it were not for the debates. That one thing cost them, that one thing alone, and it was his fault. Therefore, even though he needed some catalyst to improve his chances markedly, he saw a head to head debate as having no possibility of being positive for him (given he needed a boost, if he thought it had any chance of being positive, I presume he would have tried it).

A surprising lack of confidence.

Still, maybe the Milibounce will be the next Cleggasm. Although that could still work for Labour as some people still argue that without the debates the LDs would have done a lot worse, even though the final result was down on last time, that it still had a significant, nay game changing, positive impact despite being temporary.
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650

34%=Tory support
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040
    Cracking poll for Labour - surely an outlier?

Neck and neck it probably is....
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Cowardly Cammo gets bitten on his bum by Peter Kellner, who now starts to show his colours.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,040

SMukesh said:

Now sure why the fuss is now given that Ed announced weeks ago that one of his 5 pledges was `Controlled Immigration`.

and how will labour control immigration ? with more refugee's,more students numbers,proberly immigration from out side of the EU will rise under labour ,especially family members.

Why don't you admit it,under labour immigration will be higher than under the coalition.

I think net migration into the UK was higher in 2014/5 than 2009/10 - can someone confirm?
  • Options
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    SMukesh said:

34%=Tory support
    Oh dear.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Even though Cameron was the winner in the initial post-debate polls, word-of-mouth and press coverage (even in many of the less Labour-friendly papers) have been painting "Miliband is human shock!" as the story.
  • Options
    New Thread
  • Options
    Oliver_PB said:

Slightly surprised Labour got a debate bump, largely because I'd assumed no-one had watched it.

And you are right.

The poll sponsor needs the poll to generate news.

By midweek, normality.

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,798
    edited March 2015
    chestnut said:

Oliver_PB said:

And you are right.

The poll sponsor needs the poll to generate news.

By midweek, normality.

That normality being vote shares being about tied and the result being, to borrow a phrase, EICIPM. No news is not good news for those who would prefer Cameron as PM (and I count myself as one, lukewarmly)
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    murali_s said:

SMukesh said:

Now sure why the fuss is now given that Ed announced weeks ago that one of his 5 pledges was `Controlled Immigration`.

and how will labour control immigration ? with more refugee's,more students numbers,proberly immigration from out side of the EU will rise under labour ,especially family members.

Why don't you admit it,under labour immigration will be higher than under the coalition.

I think net migration into the UK was higher in 2014/5 than 2009/10 - can someone confirm?
    I'm saying a Ed miliband government,immigration will be higher.

You have no controls,just more people coming here.

• Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,785
    RobD said:

DavidL said:

Apologies if this has been linked to before but it looks as in ElectionForecast has the tories with 3 seats in Scotland again. Interesting.

http://www.electionforecast.co.uk/

Tripling the number of Scottish Tory MPs. Feel sorry for the pandas!
    Better get the big syringe out for artificial insemnation again....
This discussion has been closed.