Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » With the campaign just about to start new BES polling sugge

Comments

• Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    Pulpstar said:

New ComRes phone poll

Con 35 (+1) Lab 35 (+3) LD 8 (nc) UKIP 10 (-3) Greens 7 (-1)

It's that Kipper to Labour drift again.

And the Green to Conservative one??

• Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    Barnesian said:

New ComRes phone poll

Looks like a continuing move back to the two main parties from UKIP and Green.
    I disagree, it's the usual reallocation among the opposition parties.
    As I said, for a very long time now, the voters have made up their mind about wanting to get rid of this government but they are shopping around for the best opposition party.
  • Options
    Ok Ed and Labour is screwed on this

https://twitter.com/May2015NS/status/580458674507878400
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,054

Pulpstar said:

New ComRes phone poll

It's that Kipper to Labour drift again.

And the Green to Conservative one??

Net effects ;)
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,266
    Scott_P said:

TGOHF said:

Poor old Nicola - leader in name only..

...but, but, but, the SNPers were telling us only yesterday that Alex had a low profile, didn't get involved, was content for Nicola to have all the limelight.
    You adding inability to read to your long list of downsides. What people said was he was taking the flak whilst she got on with being the most liked leader in UK.
    The others are taking pelters as Salmond pokes them.
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    edited March 2015
    chestnut said:

Carnyx said:

No, they're not handing it a single penny - simply freeing up money that is already in the Scottish budget.

So, it's being given twice.
    The £45m isn't being given twice. It isn't being given once. The £45m is already in teh Scottish budget. It's just being freed up for other spending or tax cuts.

Benefits are not devolved. So there are no further Barnett Consequentials.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Dair said:

Speedy said:

Interesting talk over here in PB about scotland taking over the country, well I say that if Labour surrender to the SNP then at least they should make Salmond PM just to reverse his blackmail on him.
    At that point the SNP will die a painful political death as it has to keep scotland in the UK in order to keep Salmond as PM.

There will be no doubt who is in charge when Miliband is summoned to Edinburgh in order to give his capitulation to Nicola in person.
    No problem, as long as Labour can screw an SNP PM the same way as the SNP is planning to screw a Labour PM.
    Just wonder what terms would Labour demand to keep Salmond as PM (an end to devolution perhaps?)
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Dair said:

The £45m isn't being given twice. The £45m is already in teh Scottish budget. It's just being freed up for other spending or tax cuts.

So, who is paying the £45 million rent, if the Scottish government aren't?
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,090
    Dair said:

New ComRes phone poll

Broken sleazy UKIP are finished.
    LD/Ukip crossover approaching
    Natalie Bennett/Ukip crossover may be too much to take
  • Options
    I've just remembered I've got the £100 riding on UKIP polling 9% or below
  • Options
    RobD said:

New ComRes phone poll

MoE movement there, apart from the Con figure of course. ;)
    Assuming the usual scores in scotland then Labour are even in England with the Tories, ergo a 5.5% swing from 2010 towards Labour there.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Dair said:

The £45m isn't being given twice. The £45m is already in teh Scottish budget. It's just being freed up for other spending or tax cuts.

The Scottish government are paying it.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Dair said:

Dair said:

Dair said:

Scott_P said:

@tnewtondunn: 'As we settle down at a table, Salmond orders a bottle of pink champagne – “to toast my book”'; @NewStatesman. Man of the people.

Salmond is playing his role in this so damn well. It's working perfectly.

Right now the Westminster media should be 100% focused on how well Sturgeon is playing with average English votes (highest rated leader UK wide) and how intelligent yet still popular she comes across.

But they're completely taken in by the McGuffin.

They won't even see Nicola coming.
    What has Sturgeon to do with English voters.
    Why do you think the Dutch Conquest of England in 1688 was a success? Tiny little Holland taking over England, a country with 8 times it's population (at the time). Little tiny Holland only a few decades from establishing itself and becoming independent from Spain.

It's all about the spin.
    Of course when the Scottish Stuart dynasty took over the English crown, they avoided the old country as far as possible!

Indeed did James I ever go back? Or Charles I?
    Of course they didn't.

There were a great many ready and waiting to lynch them.
    Did Charles II or James II? After all this was a Union of the Crowns and preceeded the 1707 Union of Parliaments by a very long time.

And to ask the obvious question. If the Scots were so against the Stuarts then why were they so keen to reinstate them in 1715 and 1745? After all the Scottish Covernantors fought on the side of the English Parliament in the Civil war. Though as I recall Halifax and Cromwell did visit Scotland with a few of their mates...
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,036
    Dair said:

chestnut said:

Dair said:

Yep, out of funds nominally for something else.
  • Options
    Dair said:

So, £45m won't be freed up, because they'll still be paying it?
  • Options

Yesterday I took £90 of Labour @ 4-6 on G Grimsby and £20 UKIP 1 seat to fill the hole I had there in my book at 11-2.
  • Options
    Oops some idiot (not me) has broken the ComRes embargo
  • Options

It is a little early to count on that, but I gain a few quid on that one too.
  • Options

What's the punishment. A hundred lashings (not the good kind)?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Today we seem to have the first day were Labour's odds on most betting markets for most seats is up since February 9th.

Yesterday might have been Peak Tory on the most seats betting market.
  • Options

Dair said:

Dair said:

Dair said:

Scott_P said:

@tnewtondunn: 'As we settle down at a table, Salmond orders a bottle of pink champagne – “to toast my book”'; @NewStatesman. Man of the people.

Right now the Westminster media should be 100% focused on how well Sturgeon is playing with average English votes (highest rated leader UK wide) and how intelligent yet still popular she comes across.

Why do you think the Dutch Conquest of England in 1688 was a success? Tiny little Holland taking over England, a country with 8 times it's population (at the time). Little tiny Holland only a few decades from establishing itself and becoming independent from Spain.

It's all about the spin.
    Of course when the Scottish Stuart dynasty took over the English crown, they avoided the old country as far as possible!

Of course they didn't.

Did Charles II or James II? After all this was a Union of the Crowns and preceeded the 1707 Union of Parliaments by a very long time.

And to ask the obvious question. If the Scots were so against the Stuarts then why were they so keen to reinstate them in 1715 and 1745? After all the Scottish Covernantors fought on the side of the English Parliament in the Civil war. Though as I recall Halifax and Cromwell did visit Scotland with a few of their mates...
    They weren't.

The Stuarts were beaten by an army predominantly made up of Scottish volunteers are Culloden. David Hume fought for the Hanoverians at the Battle of Prestonpans.

In any case my post was a joke, the actual complexity of the lead up to the War of the Three Kingdoms** is far too complicated to go into any detail here.

**You may call it the English Civil War, not arrogant at all in the Westminster Bubble.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Dair said:

chestnut said:

Dair said:

No, they are paying it from the Scottish Government budget. Westminster does not allocate spending for the Scottish Government. At all.
  • Options
    RobD said:

What's the punishment. A hundred lashings (not the good kind)?
    Depends, usually you're given the choice of either

1) Never getting any future embargoed polls

2) Getting locked in a room with a load of Scot Nats

3) Having to listen to discussions about whether AV is superior to at FPTP
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Dair said:

RobD said:

Dair said:

chestnut said:

Dair said:

No, they are paying it from the Scottish Government budget. Westminster does not allocate spending for the Scottish Government. At all.
    I meant from the Scottish budget! I'm assuming it would have been spent on something else otherwise.

Edit: to make it clear, I was agreeing with you :p
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    4 polls this week, 3 ties.
  • Options
    FluffyThoughtsFluffyThoughts Posts: 2,420

Dair said:

Dair said:

Dair said:

Scott_P said:

It's all about the spin.

Of course they didn't.

Not according to that great Scots' historian, Mel Gibson. For some reason the new documentary will not be funded (unlike "Braveheart").

:troupe-of-jockanese-clowns:

:bawling:
  • Options
    Paul_Mid_BedsPaul_Mid_Beds Posts: 1,409
    Dair said:

chestnut said:

Carnyx said:

No, they're not handing it a single penny - simply freeing up money that is already in the Scottish budget.

The £45m isn't being given twice. It isn't being given once. The £45m is already in teh Scottish budget. It's just being freed up for other spending or tax cuts.

Right so when if we get EICIPM and he decides to give extra UK taxpayers money to people on housing benefit in Scotland with spare rooms in their houses, he will be giving such Scottish beneficiaries of his largesse the money direct rather than via the scottish government and the Scottish government will cease giving qan equivalent sum to such benefit claimants and spend the money on something else.

Either way its more gold going north up the M6
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

tick tock :p
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Dair said:

So, £45m won't be freed up, because they'll still be paying it?
    Not sure how simple to make it if you're still saying you don't get it.

The Scottish Government has a budget. It decides how it is spent.

The UK Treasury spends money on Scotland in non-Devolved matters.

Benefits are not currently a Devolved matter.

If the UK Government abolishes the Removal of the Spare Room Subsidy, then the UK Treasury will pay an additional £45m to social tenants in Scotland.

The Scottish Government will no longer have to use £45m of its budget to make up the withdrawl of benefits. It will either spend it on something else or cut taxes.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Dair said:

They are spending £45m plugging the shortfall in Housing Benefit handouts.

The only way they can free up the money is to stop plugging the gap, meaning tenants will drift into arrears etc.

Unless, there is a second handout of £45m on top of the existing budget that plus the gap instead.
  • Options

chestnut said:

New ComRes phone poll

It's breaking into the first two horse race since 1979.
    Yes - I've been saying for some time that outside Scotland we're going to see a real focus on the big 2. For those who see LD/Green as potential Lab in marginals and UKIP as potential Con, the 15-10 margin is the largest I've seen for a while. It's more complicated than that in relaity, but I'd rather have a Labour lead bet on those figures.
    It may be particularly true in the Midlands, always a weaker area for the LDs.

Though still no posters or literature in sleepy old Leicestershire. I have never known such electoral apathy, and despite the apparent closeness.

I think it that while there is no love for the coalition, there is a grudging acknowledgement that the Coalition has mostly managed things really quite well. It will be a couple of years before it is realised what a golden period of government that we are leaving.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

It's almost as if Labour and Conservatives are ... tied.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,935
    Polls moving to BJESUS and away from ARSE but still 6 weeks to go
  • Options

chestnut said:

New ComRes phone poll

Yes - I've been saying for some time that outside Scotland we're going to see a real focus on the big 2. For those who see LD/Green as potential Lab in marginals and UKIP as potential Con, the 15-10 margin is the largest I've seen for a while. It's more complicated than that in relaity, but I'd rather have a Labour lead bet on those figures.

Though still no posters or literature in sleepy old Leicestershire. I have never known such electoral apathy, and despite the apparent closeness.

I think it that while there is no love for the coalition, there is a grudging acknowledgement that the Coalition has mostly managed things really quite well. It will be a couple of years before it is realised what a golden period of government that we are leaving.
    I've got you down as a "Will vote Conservative at the ballot box, but will fill in online polls as Lib Dem" at the moment - is that right :D ?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

You changed your view that Tories are 1% ahead?
  • Options

chestnut said:

New ComRes phone poll

Don't agree that people think the Coalition have managed things well, but certainly agree that this complete apathy is something I've never known before. In my office (generally people who follow the news an average amount), there's only a handful who are interested in the election at all.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Danny565 said:

Tock Tick

There is UNCROSSOVER
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Danny565 said:

You changed your view that Tories are 1% ahead?
    My view is that the Conservatives are 0-0.5% ahead. I'm not sure I ever proclaimed they'd hit the sunlit uplands of 1% ahead.
  • Options

RobD said:

Danny565 said:

Tock Tick

There is UNCROSSOVER
    The technical term is "reverse double crossover", thank-you-very-much.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Dair said:

RobD said:

Dair said:

chestnut said:

Dair said:

I meant from the Scottish budget! I'm assuming it would have been spent on something else otherwise.

Edit: to make it clear, I was agreeing with you :p
    Not always. They will sometimes use free cash to cut taxes. For example the Barnett Consequentials of Osborne copying John Sinney's excellent Stamp Duty replacement were spent to reduce taxes - slashing the Land and Building Transaction Tax.
  • Options
    Why does he get a verified by twitter icon, yet the finance minister of Greece doesn't. Does this say something about Greece, or the Sun?
  • Options
    Dair said:

If the UK Government abolishes the Removal of the Spare Room Subsidy, then the UK Treasury will pay an additional £45m to social tenants in Scotland.

Precisely, it's another £45 million payment heading up to Scotland in addition to the original £45m.

• Options
    RobD said:

Why does he get a verified by twitter icon, yet the finance minister of Greece doesn't. Does this say something about Greece, or the Sun?
    Yes
  • Options

Dair said:

chestnut said:

Carnyx said:

Right so when if we get EICIPM and he decides to give extra UK taxpayers money to people on housing benefit in Scotland with spare rooms in their houses, he will be giving such Scottish beneficiaries of his largesse the money direct rather than via the scottish government and the Scottish government will cease giving qan equivalent sum to such benefit claimants and spend the money on something else.

Call it repatriation.
  • Options

RobD said:

Yes
    Very enlightening. Can I expect more of the same from the fabled AV thread? ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Dair said:

Dair said:

chestnut said:

Carnyx said:

Call it repatriation.
    lol

"Scottish Adjacent Waters Boundaries Order 1999.

Just a taster of the the sort of thing Scotland would have to sign up for in independence treaty negotiations.
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,439
    From next week we start the official "balanced" coverage on BBC etc.

How will that change the parties, or will it be a nil score draw?
  • Options
    It will be a couple of years before it is realised what a golden period of government that we are leaving.

And we consider ourselves lucky to have survived austerity with some public services still in existence no thanks to the LDs
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Yes
    Yes, I'm editing PB on Friday, so it might make an appearance then.
  • Options

I reckon the BBC balances out the Daily Mail well enough.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Yes
    So, who's going to defect? :p
  • Options
    TSE retweeted
    Stig Abell ‏@StigAbell 5m5 minutes ago
    Interesting Sun poll due tonight: do the public care about Cameron's "third term" gaffe?

No course not unless they surveyed Lynton Crosby
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Yes
    Ken Clarke's going to join UKIP
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Yes
    I thought Simon Danczuk was joining the Greens.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Yes
    I thought Simon Danczuk was joining the Greens.
    Only after Farage defects to Respect.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    David Cameron heckled by pensioners at Age UK rally
    Watch the Prime Minister get heckled as he tries to answer questions on the NHS at Age UK's General Election rally.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/11492100/David-Cameron-heckled-by-pensioners-at-Age-UK-rally.html?WT.mc_id=e_DM7411&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_FPM_New&utm_source=email&utm_medium=Edi_FPM_New_2015_03_24&utm_campaign=DM7411

Cameron dead in the water? What these pensioners are saying is that the polls are so wrong it's unbelievable.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,789
    edited March 2015
    Can we all pretend that the ComRes poll wasn't accidentally published early. The embargo ends at 00.01
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

chestnut said:

New ComRes phone poll

I've got you down as a "Will vote Conservative at the ballot box, but will fill in online polls as Lib Dem" at the moment - is that right :D ?
    I live in a safe seat so can vote as I please! but we do have some LDs on the council. I shall be voting LD, ad I am a pro-coalition LD. They are likely to hold their council seats, but will not make a dent in the safe majorities locally for either side.

• Options
    MikeK said:

David Cameron heckled by pensioners at Age UK rally
    Watch the Prime Minister get heckled as he tries to answer questions on the NHS at Age UK's General Election rally.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/11492100/David-Cameron-heckled-by-pensioners-at-Age-UK-rally.html?WT.mc_id=e_DM7411&WT.tsrc=email&etype=Edi_FPM_New&utm_source=email&utm_medium=Edi_FPM_New_2015_03_24&utm_campaign=DM7411

Cameron dead in the water? What these pensioners are saying is that the polls are so wrong it's unbelievable.

The old dear at the end was quite right - it's not the press' meeting it's the pensioners. He should be answering their questions. His refusal to go along with her should cost him this election.

It's a shame it won't.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Can we all pretend that the ComRes poll wasn't accidentally published early. The embargo ends at 00.01

Is this like when Megan became Gemma :P ?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Pulpstar said:

My most stressful time when editing PB is when I'm sitting on an embargoed poll, and I'm worried I'm going to suffer from premature posting.

I feel sorry for the chaps who accidentally published it early.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I was going to say isn't it illegal to name her now but I see you have edited it.

I'm very surprised the Mail still has the story up on its website.
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092

TSE retweeted
    Interesting Sun poll due tonight: do the public care about Cameron's "third term" gaffe?

I have to admit to not fully understanding why it's considered a gaffe at all. But from what I do understand, the problems it will supposedly cause him aren't about it directly making him less popular with the public. I'd be stunned if the poll showed a lot of people cared.
  • Options
    BenMBenM Posts: 1,795

Can someone from the Labour side who thinks ending the spare-room subsidy is so iniquitous please tell my friend why he has to wait years for a house to come available to allow his kids not to be all bunked up in one room? Just because people who don't have a need of the room will still be allowed to keep it - and have the cost for that room paid for out of my friend's small contribution to Income Tax? Because he is spitting mad about it....

Because your lot flogged all the council houses.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,411
    I notice that the Tories have sent out Grant Shapps to the BBC3 "meet the yuff" program, where as obviously Ed did for Labour. Maybe the Tories hope the yuff confuse Mr Green with Professor Green?
  • Options

TSE retweeted

I have to admit to not fully understanding why it's considered a gaffe at all. But from what I do understand, the problems it will supposedly cause him aren't about it directly making him less popular with the public. I'd be stunned if the poll showed a lot of people cared.
    My thoughts were it wasn't a gaffe per se, where Dave went wrong was to mention names.
  • Options
    24 March 2010: YG: Con 36 Lab 34 LD 17
  • Options
    Tough audience these kids tbh !
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411
    Any polls been published so far tonight?

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    chestnut said:

Prediction, or actual values?

Oh, 2010.
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

Any polls been published so far tonight?

:lol::lol:

Move along, nothing to see here.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

So the polla are pretty well identical to 2010 and with the libdem plunge labour and tory getting same as last time would mean DICIPM
  • Options
    chestnut said:

UnSwingback to opposition by GE
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    BenM said:

Can someone from the Labour side who thinks ending the spare-room subsidy is so iniquitous please tell my friend why he has to wait years for a house to come available to allow his kids not to be all bunked up in one room? Just because people who don't have a need of the room will still be allowed to keep it - and have the cost for that room paid for out of my friend's small contribution to Income Tax? Because he is spitting mad about it....

And because after 1979 both parties said 'the market would provide'. (Not a view shared by those who are homeless or living in sheds.)
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,959

TSE retweeted

My thoughts were it wasn't a gaffe per se, where Dave went wrong was to mention names.
    I don't know, he did give a fairly presumptive answer (or at least an answer which could easily be interpreted that way). There was no "If I'm lucky enough to be re-elected" or similar qualifier. More to the point, why get drawn on it at all? He could have just said "I'm focused on a second term at the moment".

The harm to the public is minor though, almost no-one cares. The harm is if he does win, because his cabinet ministers etc will be fighting for the job even more so than if he'd kept schtum. They'll be pressuring him to step down earlier, and have no excuse not to openly scheme for who the next leader will be. Naming names was particularly unfortunate, because it means that any other contenders will need to make a splash now that the top tier has been officially announced. So in two ways Cameron has given licence to MPs to campaign for his job, which will make them bolder than before.
  • Options
    RobD said:

chestnut said:

Oh, 2010.
    I thought that was a prediction for tonight - then I saw the date :lol:
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

RobD said:

chestnut said:

Oh, 2010.
    I thought that was a prediction for tonight - then I saw the date :lol:
    I saw the LD figure first, and was pretty bemused at the LD +10 figure!
  • Options
    28/3/10 YG more or less spot on with final result

YouGov/Sun: CON 39%(+2), LAB 32%(nc), LDEM 18%(-1)
  • Options

chestnut said:

So the polla are pretty well identical to 2010 and with the libdem plunge labour and tory getting same as last time would mean DICIPM
    Errm they really aren't. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_2010_United_Kingdom_general_election
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,181
    BenM said:

So why didn't Labour build any between 1997 and 2010 ?

' Labour should “apologise” for its poor record of building social housing, the party’s own London housing spokesman has said.

Tom Copley said it galled him that Margaret Thatcher’s government built more council flats and houses in a single year than Tony Blair and Gordon Brown managed over 13 years in power. '

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/labour-should-apologise-for-social-housing-failure-8932797.html
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293

BenM said:

And because after 1979 both parties said 'the market would provide'. (Not a view shared by those who are homeless or living in sheds.)

statutory homeless:

1979 - 55,530
    2013 - 56,930

UK population
    1979 56.25 mil
    2013 64.1 mil

Seems to me the market is providing pretty darn well.
  • Options
    Lessen from 2010 coming into Home stretch seems to be treat surges during April with extreme caution.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,348
    RobD said:

chestnut said:

Oh, 2010.
    I can imagine the reaction that would have provoked on here at the time.

'Wibbly wobbly Tory bottoms.'

'Osborne has to go.'

'Promise an EU referendum. NOW.'

'That Michael Crick really is a ...'
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Lessen from 2010 coming into Home stretch seems to be treat surges during April with extreme caution.

Except Tory surges, of course. That will be the electorate coming to their senses... :p
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    @thescreamingeagles

That 9% Ukip bets with me isn't it ? £100@evs

Happy to double up if you are, or more
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    BenM said:

A third of all council house sales happened under Labour, and 2/3 of transfers from councils to housing associations happened under Labour.

The problem we have is not so much not enough council houses, but not enough houses. The population has grown by eight million, and households are more fragmented.

If not a single council house was sold we would still have a shortage.
  • Options
    I still think UKIP are going to go up during the campaign, as they did in both 2013 and 2014.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,139
    Amazingly, Cameron's 'no third term' pronouncement has provoked the first time in a very long time that someone I know initiated a conversation about politics with me at work, and very first thing in the morning too. Of all the political events these past years, that statement was apparently the one that engaged at least one person I know enough to bring it up in casual conversation the next morning. Remarkable really.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Except Tory surges, of course. That will be the electorate coming to their senses... :p
    :lol::lol::lol:

Camo's coming home!
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Ave_it said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Camo's coming home!
    I Just hope he doesn't come too soon :lol:
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Pulpstar said:

I reckon the BBC balances out the Daily Mail well enough.
    The daily mail a public service news provider subsidized by a 3bn tax, who knew.
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Camo's coming home!
    To Chipping Norton on 8th May 2015

Removal Van from Downing St. with GO

They are all in it together.
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    edited March 2015

TSE retweeted

The fact he intends to run a full second term is in many ways more relevant than what he'd do the term after, since that's for another election anyway - this way you know what you get for who you're voting for (nominally the constituency MP, I know, but in practice the identity of the potential PM matters too).

I think it's more reassuring than voting Blair and not knowing whether or not you're allegedly going to get Brown later on.

The fact it rules out voting for Cameron and getting Osborne - at least this term - might be a plus for the Tories.

• Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,194

Dair said:

Dair said:

Dair said:

Scott_P said:

It's all about the spin.

Of course they didn't.

The Wars of the Covenant against the Stuarts lasted arguably from 1638-ish to 1746, on and off. They were very much a Scottish civil war as well as everything else - and in fact a great many Scots were on the opposite side to the Stuarts in 1715 and 1745. And for that matter the Covenanters fought on the Royal side for the later part of the nastiness of the 1640s and 1650s. Vide Dunbar and Worcester. Just some of the reasons it's such a fascinating period of history, and one which has left a mark from the islands of the Channel to Shetland.

• Options

Ave_it said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Camo's coming home!
    To Chipping Norton on 8th May 2015

Removal Van from Downing St. with GO

They are all in it together.
    I wonder if he'll do a Brown and cut the PMs salary by 25%. ;)
  • Options
    isam said:

@thescreamingeagles

Yes, that's with me, we've also got a bet on the ICM phone poll being the most accurate pollster on UKIP's GB share of the vote.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118

isam said:

@thescreamingeagles

Yes, that's with me, we've also got a bet on the ICM phone poll being the most accurate pollster on UKIP's GB share of the vote.
    Want to increase the stakes on either?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    isam said:

isam said:

@thescreamingeagles

Want to increase the stakes on either?
    No thanks, I've got a perfectly balanced book on those bets.
This discussion has been closed.