Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Monday afternoon rolling polls thread

Comments

• Options
    Roger said:

So effectively a tie. How the Tories got into this position with the most favourable economy in decades just shows the real cost of Thatcher's legacy. It'll obviously take more than two generations to remove the whiff from that particular stable.

Anyway lets see if Osborne can bribe us to give them another go. You better be generous George!

I realise you were deeply traumatised by the years of Gordon Brown's premiership but did you completely lose your memory of the worst financial crisis in 80 years which the Tories inherited?

This country has never been more indebted for one thing so the economic conditions in 1997, 2001 and 2005 were far better. We are suffering from Brown's disastrous legacy now.

Out of date dinosaurs who rant on about Thatcher are just so 20th Century dontcha know?

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,949
    edited March 2015
    MaxPB said:

Con still on 36 with ICM which shows the last poll probably wasn't an outlier.

I think Con holding at 36% and keeping a lead with ICM is probably the big news of the day...
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Carnyx said:

TGOHF said:

Carnyx said:

TGOHF said:

Carnyx said:

TGOHF said:

Scotch votes

SNP 2010 : 491,386
    Yes 2014 : 1,617,989

You'll be saying 'North British' next, except it'd confuse everyone else ...

"If it was good enough for Robert Louis Stevenson it's good enough for you and me"

Remind me never to have an evening out in Edinburgh with you!

noon start in the Diggers ?
    I was actually thinking of RLS's idea of an evening out - no wonder he ended up writing Dr J and Mr H.

Most of my stoodent days drinking holes were burned down in the Cowgate fire - shame.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Afternoon all and Lord Ashcroft's 2% Tory lead this afternoon is the first time he has recorded 3 consecutive Tory leads.

It is starting to feel that the Tories really do have their nose in front, going into the final furlong... Could still be a photo finish, but more likely for Ed to fall off... I'm imagining him stood in the middle of the course as the Tories canter past the winning post, Labour's loose horse galloping off to do another circuit.
    ed = Devon Loch, if he ever gets that far in front in the first place.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,034
    Polling observatory is forecasting 60 LAB gains from CON then looks to me or so.
  • Options
    Are the ICM tables out yet ?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    JWisemann said:

The rule of thumb is that Tory governments gain (and Lab opposition lose) a handful of percentage points in the final part of campaign (according to Peter Kelner). So neck-and-neck would seem a fairly good place for Tories to be in during March.

Of course as this is the weirdest election since at least 1974, who knows?

Another piece of wishful thinking from an arch-Blairite joke based on data points nearly twenty years old at the youngest?
    Don't take this personally, but I'd trust Kellner's judgement on these things more than I would yours.

• Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,030
    Mr. D, such ads are the work of Satan. It's bloody obnoxious, not unlike a door-knocker or cold caller.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,942
    Hengist

Well what a pity the country haven't picked up on it and it looks like you have actually managed to lose about 10% in the last five years. Quite an achievement. I was going to give you some pro bono advice and suggest you public ally horse whip IDS but it's too late. Even George's hands are tied. Any largesse at this budget and the Labour soup kitchen posters will come out with a vengeance
  • Options
    Is thre some more marginals polling coming out this week ?
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,949
    Pulpstar said:

Polling observatory is forecasting 60 LAB gains from CON then looks to me or so.

They'll be lucky...

• Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,012
    I have now analysed the switching data from the latest Ashcroft polls (table 4).

It shows that 20% of 2010 Tory voters are switching to UKIP and 3% to Green
    5% of 2010 Lab voters are switching to UKIP and 5% to Green.
    25% of 2010 LD voters are switching to Lab, 17% to Green!, 13% to Con and 9% to UKIP.

It is only a small sample (500 excluding DK/WS etc) so I'm not taking it as gospel. However I have tweaked my matrix switching model a bit in that direction.

The results are:
    Con 263 seats
    Lab 283 seats
    LD 29 seats
    UKIP 2 seats
    Green 1 seat
    SNP 51 seats

Not much change.

Broxtowe 8% Lab majority (4,000)
    Bermondsey 8% LD majority (3,500)
    Sutton & Cheam 3% Con majority (1,500)
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Pulpstar said:

Punters should take note that they are forecasting only 3 UKIP seats. This is very significant because Rob Ford is one of the four academics behind the forecast.
  • Options
    Roger said:

Hengist

Well what a pity the country haven't picked up on it and it looks like you have actually managed to lose about 10% in the last five years. Quite an achievement. I was going to give you some pro bono advice and suggest you public ally horse whip IDS but it's too late. Even George's hands are tied. Any largesse at this budget and the Labour soup kitchen posters will come out with a vengeance

What are a babbling about you you demented old fool......
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Grandiose said:

Scott_P said:

Bye, bye Len?

@PaulBrandITV: All kicking off in Halifax, where it looks as though Unite's Karie Murphy has been kept off longlist of candidates to replace @Linda_Riordan

Michael Crick ‏@MichaelLCrick 1h1 hour ago
    Halifax MP Linda Riordan has written to Lab general secretary alleging "underhand and anti-democratic manipulation" in Halifax selection
    So, more of the same from Labour then?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Punters should take note that they are forecasting only 3 UKIP seats. This is very significant because Rob Ford is one of the four academics behind the forecast.
    Well the 3-4 UKIP seat bet was a very good price at 7-1 I reckon.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,333
    Polls....It basically neck and neck isn't.
  • Options

Tories ahead by an INCH.
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143

Pulpstar said:

On the face of it they've done the sort of analysis that should identify local areas of UKIP strength:

To calculate the distribution for the deviations from uniform swing for Ukip, we used the distribution of swings to Ukip in the 2014 European Parliament election.

This is not a perfect proxy for the general election, but it gives us a better idea as to the distribution of Ukip swings than the last general election – the overall rise in UKIP support between 2009 and 2014 in European elections (10.6 percentage points) is fairly similar to the rise in Ukip support we are currently seeing in election polls.

It would be interesting to know how many close second places their model predicts for UKIP, though.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    GIN1138 said:

MaxPB said:

Con still on 36 with ICM which shows the last poll probably wasn't an outlier.

I think Con holding at 36% and keeping a lead with ICM is probably the big news of the day...
    IF this poll is accurate then the Conservatives have basically maintained their share of the vote since 2010. Given that they have certainly lost some voters to UKIP that would be a remarkable achievement (didn't I read on here that no governing party has increased its vote share at the subsequent election since 1386 or some such).
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Grandiose said:

Halifax MP Linda Riordan has written to Lab general secretary alleging "underhand and anti-democratic manipulation" in Halifax selection

9/2 available on the Tories at Hill's, or 4/1 chez Fred. Given what seems to be a Labour shambles just a few weeks before the big day, those have got to be value - Shadsy has already cut his odds sharply.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

So Lab gain Canterbury ? Lolz.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    TGOHF said:

Telegraph suggesting BBC2 lost 4m viewers in the Top Gear slot this Sunday.

I somehow doubt they all switched over the C4 to watch the Great Canal Journeys program :-)
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    Pulpstar said:

Tories ahead by an INCH.
    Where that inch = phone polls.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:
    "Con still on 36 with ICM which shows the last poll probably wasn't an outlier.

I think Con holding at 36% and keeping a lead with ICM is probably the big news of the day..."

Gin

if your idea of progress is to go from 31-36 to 35-36 in a month then you have plenty to look forward to in the next three months!
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,538
    Barnesian said:

I have now analysed the switching data from the latest Ashcroft polls (table 4).

25% of 2010 LD voters are switching to Lab, 17% to Green!, 13% to Con and 9% to UKIP.

It is only a small sample (500 excluding DK/WS etc) so I'm not taking it as gospel. However I have tweaked my matrix switching model a bit in that direction.

The results are:
    Con 263 seats
    Lab 283 seats
    LD 29 seats
    UKIP 2 seats
    Green 1 seat
    SNP 51 seats

Not much change.

Remarkably close to my finger in the air effort this afternoon.
  • Options

Grandiose said:

9/2 available on the Tories at Hill's, or 4/1 chez Fred. Given what seems to a Labour shambles just a few weeks before the big day, those have got to be value - Shadsy has already cut his odds sharply.
    Shadsy is 3-10, that's arbable and generally he is on the right side of arbs. So yes definitely value @ 9-2.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@GoodwinMJ: A new academic forecast has entered mix. Contrary to five other forecasts, its first projection is a Labour win http://t.co/Skx5TIPnAr

It shows how strange this election is when most seats is a win - surely a win is a majority
  • Options

Scott_P said:

@GoodwinMJ: A new academic forecast has entered mix. Contrary to five other forecasts, its first projection is a Labour win http://t.co/Skx5TIPnAr

It shows how strange this election is when most seats is a win - surely a win is a majority
    "Win" is being able to form the next Gov't, so it doesn't even need to be a win on seats for Labour. But perhaps it does for Ed...

All 3 leaders out at 10-1 with Shadsy before year end is a must addition to anyone's portfolio imo.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Tories ahead by an INCH.
    Where that inch = phone polls.
    Yes, the Conservatives are 1% ahead, on average, in 'phone polls, and with Yougov.

Labour lead with the rest.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,027

Scott_P said:

Whoever becomes PM wins.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Pulpstar said:

"Win" is being able to form the next Gov't, so it doesn't even need to be a win on seats for Labour. But perhaps it does for Ed...

All 3 leaders out at 10-1 with Shadsy before year end is a must addition to anyone's portfolio imo.

I was thinking about recently. I'm not sure it's necessarily right that a messy result means the leaders are out on their ear. If we end up with an unstable result, with no viable government being possible, then it would be quite dangerous for either of the big parties to start trying to switch leader - they might get caught with their pants down by a sudden GE. To a lesser extent, the same applies to the LibDems.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340

Scott_P said:

A win is who forms the government. That's not necessarily a majority and it's not necessarily most seats.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Roger said:

So effectively a tie. How the Tories got into this position with the most favourable economy in decades just shows the real cost of Thatcher's legacy. It'll obviously take more than two generations to remove the whiff from that particular stable.

Anyway lets see if Osborne can bribe us to give them another go. You better be generous George!

Interesting that you describe "the most favourable economy in decades"

Quite a turnaround from the 2009 biggest slump in decades.

If even you are agreeing that Osborne and Alexander have fixed things...

• Options

I think Ed will just be content to take a drive down the Mall in a Jag and to meet herMaj
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,076

Pulpstar said:

What bet do you suggest?
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    Barnesian said:

The results are:
    Con 263 seats
    Lab 283 seats
    LD 29 seats
    UKIP 2 seats
    Green 1 seat
    SNP 51 seats

Not much change.

Minority Labour government with another election this year. Possible even under the 5 year legislation.

• Options
    isam said:

Pulpstar said:

What bet do you suggest?
    I suggest being cautious on UKIP wins and not getting over-exposed.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642

Another poll showing a virtual tie - we can probably agree that both the previous ICM and the previous Populus were probably outliers.

I do think it's striking that 52% say they "like the Labour Party". I wouldn't have expected that most people these days would feel emotionally attached to any party.

It is really not that suprising. Take Gillian Duffy for example, repeatedly branded a bigot by Labour MPs over the years yet still votes for them.

• Options
    Ed "Ramsey McDonald" Miliband
  • Options
    edited March 2015

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

What bet do you suggest?
    Too late for that!!

11/4 is probably still a good price for 3-4 seats if you think they'll only get 3
  • Options
    Paging bigjohn
  • Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    antifrank said:

Scott_P said:

A win is who forms the government. That's not necessarily a majority and it's not necessarily most seats.

Back in the real world, a win is getting your policies implemented. A minority government will find it hard to do so.
  • Options

"Interesting that you describe "the most favourable economy in decades"

If even you are agreeing that Osborne and Alexander have fixed things..."

I've no idea. All I know is that from unearned income I'm much wealthier than I was in 2010 which I imagine some disabled pleb on benefits is paying for. It's the Tory way......

• Options
    My UKIP book goes quite bad if they only hold Clacton, but my Scottish book dwarfs it.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

What bet do you suggest?
    Too late for that!!

11/4 is probably still a good price for 3-4 seats if you think they'll only get 3
    I will top up my 3-4 seat bet as it is good value in my opinion. I was fortunate enough to get on at 9/1.

• Options

antifrank said:

Scott_P said:

Back in the real world, a win is getting your policies implemented. A minority government will find it hard to do so.
    Yeah but for betting purposes ;p
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380

RobD said:

Mike - while you are on. I'm starting to get adverts with audio which you can't stop without muting the entire computer. Anything you can do about this - are you able to chose less obtrusive ads?

Blame Paul Staines who runs Messagespace

Yes, I think there's a market for a tool to silence adverts only. (Working title: STFU )
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,322
    Can anyone reconcile Polling Observatory to the other academic models?

All seem to have a similar methodology so why is Polling Observatory producing such a different result?
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,217

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

Ashcroft has Scotland weighted to 11.5% of the total, thought it was 8% or so myself.

The Scotch are more certain to vote ?
    The SNP are more certain to vote.
    same thing
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Roger said:

I've no idea. All I know is that from unearned income I'm much wealthier than I was in 2010 which I imagine some disabled pleb on benefits is paying for. It's the Tory way......

Write a cheque to the tax man if it pains you so much. They will quite happily accept it.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

Another poll showing a virtual tie - we can probably agree that both the previous ICM and the previous Populus were probably outliers.

I do think it's striking that 52% say they "like the Labour Party". I wouldn't have expected that most people these days would feel emotionally attached to any party.

It is really not that suprising. Take Gillian Duffy for example, repeatedly branded a bigot by Labour MPs over the years yet still votes for them.

She's a good example of someone who the worse you treat them, the more they like you.

• Options
    malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

Ashcroft has Scotland weighted to 11.5% of the total, thought it was 8% or so myself.

same thing
    Not exactly.....
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,217
    malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

same thing
  • Options
    RobD said:

Paging bigjohn
    Vote for free Owls!
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Roger.. the great PB socialist is quite happy to be better off from taking money away from some disabled pleb on benefits... and blames the Tories...WHAAAATT..
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

MP_SE said:

She's a good example of someone who the worse you treat them, the more they like you.

Lol.

When Mrs D stops voting Labour you know they are in trouble. Looks like she is tempted by UKIP. That will be Labour's downfall, the exodus of the WWC to UKIP.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,916
    RobD said:

Paging bigjohn
    I think TSE asked me to give him my vote so he could try to get Karen Danczuk to win.
  • Options
    Roger said:

I'd imagine that's from asset price inflation, more than income. That results from QE and low interest rates, on which Labour policy differs not at all from Con.
  • Options
    Mr. Foxinsox, has Mr. Owls been imprisoned?!
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,618
    No Labour leads so far today? :cold_sweat:
  • Options

Mr. Foxinsox, has Mr. Owls been imprisoned?!

Shh

Our secret Mr Dancer
  • Options
    Mr. Owls, the free Owls policy suddenly becomes clear!
  • Options
    We've pretty much now reached the vote shares (for Conservative and Labour) that Polling Observatory is predicting on the day.

The difference with other forecasters is that the latter expect continued slow movement towards the Conservatives
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm starting to think that Ed is nothing like the buffoon many think he is. He's ruled out all possibility of letting the SNP into government.

What does it tell us? Absolutely nothing except that he looks like a major player. He's moving from a rather absurd no hoper into a PM in waiting. In one swipe he diminishes Nicola to a petty provincial council leader. I'd be surprised if it doesn't do Labour some good in Scotland too
  • Options

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

What bet do you suggest?
    I think that UKIP dont know their best prospects yet themselves (the Southend Railway constituencies excepted), but neither do their opponents.

I think there will be surprises. Possibly in Anglophone Wales. But who knows where? If there is a second election soon then I expect better targeting by both kippers and their opponents.

• Options
    Paul_Mid_BedsPaul_Mid_Beds Posts: 1,409
    edited March 2015
    Roger said:

I'm starting to think that Ed is nothing like the buffoon many think he is. He's ruled out all possibility of letting the SNP into government.

What does it tell us? Absolutely nothing except that he's a major player. He's moving from a rather absurd no hoper into a PM in waiting. In one swipe he diminishes Nicola to a petty provincial council leader. I'd be surprised if it doesn't do Labour some good in Scotland

All he has ruled out is a coalition. He has not ruled out supply and confidence, which most English voters would see as cash for "ayes", unless he does rule this out too, as Cameron has, it will poison Labours relationship with English voters.

(the cash being English taxpayers cash disappearing into Scotland in return for supporting Labour motions in Parliament that won't be applied to Scotland as they have devolved powers on most of the matters).
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,814
    Pb.com. The home of mildly inappropriate banter.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

We've pretty much now reached the vote shares (for Conservative and Labour) that Polling Observatory is predicting on the day.

The difference with other forecasters is that the latter expect continued slow movement towards the Conservatives

I'll eat my hat if Labour poll 35% on the day. With almost half of all Labour voters not rating him they're at risk, even more than usual, of their vote not turning out where it matters.

However, and on the credit side for Labour, the Tories have lost an awful lot of ground activists over the last 5 years.
  • Options

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

What bet do you suggest?
    I think that UKIP dont know their best prospects yet themselves (the Southend Railway constituencies excepted), but neither do their opponents.

I think there will be surprises. Possibly in Anglophone Wales. But who knows where? If there is a second election soon then I expect better targeting by both kippers and their opponents.

Southend Railway?
  • Options

Sean_F said:

I'll eat my hat if Labour poll 35% on the day. With almost half of all Labour voters not rating him they're at risk, even more than usual, of their vote not turning out where it matters.

However, and on the credit side for Labour, the Tories have lost an awful lot of ground activists over the last 5 years.
    Polling Observatory predict 33.7% apiece, on the day.
  • Options
    Mr. Royale, nonsense. It's the home of differential front end grip.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

MP_SE said:

One does wonder what Labour would have to do to put that half of the population off them. I find it simply astonishing.
  • Options
    It is possible to abbreviate urls. And to label them nsfw.
  • Options
    Paul_Mid_BedsPaul_Mid_Beds Posts: 1,409
    Sean_F said:

Roughly speaking the tories are back where they were in 2010 by replacing UKIP losses with blue Liberals and labour have gained some Red Liberals.

However thats UNS. I think, crucially Tories have lost shedloads of UKIP voters in safe seats where they can afford to lose them and gained Blue Liberals in Libdem-Tory marginals like Sutton and Cheam and Somerton and Frome.

Labour have gained lots of red Liberals in safe Labour seats and Lib/Lab Marginals and lost UKIP votes in Tory/ Labour Marginals like Croydon Central

Basically the unwinding of the "Labour Bias" in the electoral system.
  • Options

@DPJHodges
    Don't agree much with @MSmithsonPB. But you have to admire his single-handed attempts to turn the UK betting markets in Labour's favour.
  • Options

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

What bet do you suggest?

Southend Railway?
    The Fenchurch St & Liverpool St lines...I have a half baked theory that people that commute to the City using these lines are the type to vote UKIP and the stations in Essex that they stop at are indicators of where UKIP will do well

Could say the same for Kent too

These people see the effects of mass immigration everyday without living in the areas affected.. we have seen plenty of poling that suggests opponents of immigration live in areas not affected by it, and I reckon this is a reason why
  • Options
    Best Bird update

KD struggling as Tories vote for the chicken in droves
  • Options
    Sky saying budget will predict growth of 3% this year and borrowing 6Bn down on forecast.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

What bet do you suggest?

Southend Railway?
    The Fenchurch St & Liverpool St lines...I have a half baked theory that people that commute to the City using these lines are the type to vote UKIP and the stations in Essex that they stop at are indicators of where UKIP will do well

Could say the same for Kent too

These people see the effects of mass immigration everyday without living in the areas affected.. we have seen plenty of poling that suggests opponents of immigration live in areas not affected by it, and I reckon this is a reason why
    Oh yes of course - for some reason had the Pier Railway in mind :)
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

Polling Observatory predict 33.7% apiece, on the day.
    If the polls are still showing a tie by polling day, I might expect a 1.5-2% lead in actual votes cast for the Tories.
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Roger said:

What does it tell us? Absolutely nothing except that he looks like a major player. He's moving from a rather absurd no hoper into a PM in waiting. In one swipe he diminishes Nicola to a petty provincial council leader. I'd be surprised if it doesn't do Labour some good in Scotland too

No hasn't.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

@DPJHodges
    Don't agree much with @MSmithsonPB. But you have to admire his single-handed attempts to turn the UK betting markets in Labour's favour.

Dan the man who had a bet on ukip getting under 6% and is trying to wriggle out of it?
  • Options
    Once again, LD final %-age understated by Lord Ashcroft from the data his tables - should be 9% not 8.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Sky saying budget will predict growth of 3% this year and borrowing 6Bn down on forecast.

If that is true, Osborne will be literally dancing around Despatch box when he announces that. I await to see what if any magical accounting has been undertaken.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Good evening all.
    Below is a story that for all my cynicism I never expected to read: A man sent to prison for 4 months in Scotland for simply singing a song.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/je-suis-billy-boy-free-speech-for-football-fans/16774#.VQcfSxCsV0Q
  • Options
    saddened said:

Roger said:

No hasn't.
    You have polling as up to date as post announcement

Please tell
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,322
    Sean_F said:

There is a big difference.

May 2015 has vote shares of Con 33.2, Lab 33.1 converting to seats of Con 281, Lab 264.

Polling Observatory has vote shares of Con 33.7, Lab 33.7 converting to seats of Con 265, Lab 285

Difference in vote lead of 0.1 - but difference in seat lead of 37.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,254
    Roger said:

Ah. Welcome to the Lump of Wealth Fallacy. We've been expecting you.

• Options
    ELBOWing Populus and Ashcroft = Tories already 0.7% ahead
  • Options
    Fraser Nelson tweeting that because lab minority is the current shortest price of any outcome that makes Ed favourite to be PM.

Dolt.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Good evening all.
    Below is a story that for all my cynicism I never expected to read: A man sent to prison for 4 months in Scotland for simply singing a song.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/je-suis-billy-boy-free-speech-for-football-fans/16774#.VQcfSxCsV0Q

Why the surprise ? SNP and their statist laws running amok.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Good evening all.

You wonder how we can have the nerve to lecture foreign governments about repressing freedom of speech.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    If that is true, Osborne will be literally dancing around Despatch box when he announces that.

Room for some chunky giveaways?
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    The sun is tweeting Ossie to slash taxes for shops, pubs and factories.

Looks like there is suddenly some juice.

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @faisalislam: Nov 1976, Hamish Watt, SNP MP, offers a secret deal to the Conservatives/ Thatcher... Gold from Thatcher archives: http://t.co/0kgS0jqWUm
  • Options
    taffys said:

If that is true, Osborne will be literally dancing around Despatch box when he announces that.

Room for some chunky giveaways?

There isn't, as we are still in the s##t, but hasn't stopped chancellors before.
This discussion has been closed.