Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » There are signs that Farage could be having second thoughts

Comments

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    David Cameron said if immigration wasn't down to tens of thousands by May 2015 he should be kicked out of Downing St

That's all Ukip need to campaign on. What can he say

"I didn't mean it"

Or

"I failed"
  • Options
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,839

Countries trying to get Gold back from the US like Germany did a while back -good luck with that: http://rt.com/business/209591-gold-europe-gold-repatriation/

Does anyone know how much they're 'looking after' on our behalf?

I wonder how often gold is wheeled around from one country's section of the vaults to another these days? I think that was the original reason for having these distributions.

It seems odd that everyone wants to hold many tons of this shiny rubbish! Most of its value comes from the fact that people hoard it.

• Options

I've come to the conclusion that the Kippers will take a referendum defeat with less grace than the Nats and demand more plebiscites until they got the right result.

Where would they get an idea like that from I wonder?
    From the out of touch Nats.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    The Telegraph have got an English medieval history quiz running this morning. Only ten questions all so dreadfully easy that a reasonably educated person should score 10/10.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/11258372/The-worlds-most-gruesome-history-quiz.html
  • Options
    And last week
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,685
    edited November 2014

Omnium said:

Countries trying to get Gold back from the US like Germany did a while back -good luck with that: http://rt.com/business/209591-gold-europe-gold-repatriation/

I wonder how often gold is wheeled around from one country's section of the vaults to another these days? I think that was the original reason for having these distributions.

It seems odd that everyone wants to hold many tons of this shiny rubbish! Most of its value comes from the fact that people hoard it.

It would appear to be all one way traffic at the moment: http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/03/21/the-latest-heist-us-quietly-snatches-the-ukraines-gold-reserves/
  • Options

And last week
    Not last week as the story only happened this week.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

Todays Populus Ed is Crap is Landslide PM

LAB 354 CON 249 LD 21 EICILPM

I notice you've picked the only polling company that has put Labour on more than 35% in the last few weeks.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,044
    “I believe that will mean net migration to this country will be in the order of tens of thousands each year, not the hundreds of thousands every year that we have seen over the last decade. Britain will always be open to the best and brightest from around the world and those fleeing persecution. But with us, our borders will be under control and immigration will be at levels our country can manage. No ifs. No buts. That’s a promise we made to the British people, and it’s a promise we are keeping.”
  • Options
    No ifs, no buts.

• Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    The example shows what a bad thing party lists are. Favourits of the leader get put at the top, just after him, and you get crass numpties spouting about 'ting tongs' as a result.

From what Mr S suggests it looks as if farage is displaying clear signs of (Gordon) Brownness.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,839

The Telegraph have got an English medieval history quiz running this morning. Only ten questions all so dreadfully easy that a reasonably educated person should score 10/10.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/11258372/The-worlds-most-gruesome-history-quiz.html

That's quite hard - I got 7, but I had some lucky hunches/long forgotten memories.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262

Why would we store in the US? The BoE is a bullion repository in it's won right.
  • Options
    Interesting to see how the votes are being distributed in that poll Shadsy posted earlier:

Lib Dem (68):
    SNP - 10
    Con - 11
    Lab - 16
    Green - 11
    Ind - 9

Green (208)
    SNP - 87
    Con - 17
    Lab - 33
    Ind - 42

Next out - Con - who'l benefit, Tartan Tories or Unionists?
  • Options
    Is there anything wrong about talking about it tomorrow as well? Would you rather the crass stupidity of UKIP were forgotten? What about Mrs 'ting tong'?? Yes I'm sure you would like to forget that.
  • Options

Why would we store in the US? The BoE is a bullion repository in it's won right.
    Why would anyone? I have no idea. Germany has managed to secure back only 5 tonnes out of 350 or something it asked for, and that itself I seem to remember wasn't the actual article that they put in.
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322

Why would anyone? I have no idea. Germany has managed to secure back only 5 tonnes out of 350 or something it asked for, and that itself I seem to remember wasn't the actual article that they put in.
    The Germans and others were worried about Soviet invasion, and it getting stolen by them.
  • Options

Is there anything wrong about talking about it tomorrow as well? Would you rather the crass stupidity of UKIP were forgotten? What about Mrs 'ting tong'?? Yes I'm sure you would like to forget that.
    And I bet you don't want to forget that the BBC invented the racist caricature Ting Tong in the "Little Britain" sketch show!
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,157
    edited November 2014

Interesting to see how the votes are being distributed in that poll Shadsy posted earlier:

Lib Dem (68):
    SNP - 10
    Con - 11
    Lab - 16
    Green - 11
    Ind - 9

Green (208)
    SNP - 87
    Con - 17
    Lab - 33
    Ind - 42

Looks as if the voters are not, unlike the Unionists, refighting indyref.

http://www.midlothianadvertiser.co.uk/news/local-news/live-midlothian-east-by-election-1-3619025
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746

7/10 :( Back to skool!
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Security, and proximity to the key financial centres for transfers between nations. I'd be surprised if we had any in the US.
  • Options

I've come to the conclusion that the Kippers will take a referendum defeat with less grace than the Nats and demand more plebiscites until they got the right result.

The EU is a fan of repeat referenda!
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU5mOT57ghM

Incorrect I'm afraid -the correct answer is the EU, so I don't really see why they shouldn't be hoisted with their own petard.

• Options
    BenMBenM Posts: 1,795

The EU is a fan of repeat referenda!
    Cos it's the EU that holds those referenda?
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU5mOT57ghM

Incorrect I'm afraid -the correct answer is the EU, so I don't really see why they shouldn't be hoisted with their own petard.

Thanks for confirming the kippers won't accept the result unless it is the right won.

Kippers aren't democrats.
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966

Sounds like it must be time to reminiss about Back To Basics or Arms To Iraq, or various perjury trials, lots of fun to have there.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    @Carlotta, message for you via vanilla.

Lib Dem (68):
    SNP - 10
    Con - 11
    Lab - 16
    Green - 11
    Ind - 9

Green (208)
    SNP - 87
    Con - 17
    Lab - 33
    Ind - 42

• Options

And last week
    Was really only this week? My apologies. When people start to recycle news stories I tend to forget when exactly they first surfaced. For sure this is the third time that this one has been brought up on here.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

The Germans and others were worried about Soviet invasion, and it getting stolen by them.
    How ironic.
  • Options
    Why did Dave go and make himself a complete hostage to fortune over immigration ?!

"No ifs, no buts" I mean he didn't even allow himself any wiggle room.

And this is worse than his "cast iron" Lisbon Treaty - Labour were in power when Gordo signed the scrap of paper but so far as I'm aware there has been no change in Gov't from 2011 to 2014.

"That's a promise we made to the British people."

Or was he just saying what he THOUGHT THE BRITISH PUBLIC WANTED TO HEAR ?!

That is no basis on which to make speeches and pledges.He has zero credibility on the issue now. None, zilch, nada, zip.
  • Options

To be fair one of those questions was about a Norman French king who died in France and just happened to have England amongst his domains!
  • Options
    It's a good example of seeing 'bias' where you expect to find it and not getting confused by the facts.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

That is no basis on which to make speeches and pledges.

Works for Forage.
  • Options

Indigo said:

Bottler Forage? Probably got windy at the thought of Expenses not Allowances, and having to do some local constituency work.

I know a few people here (not least OGH) detest UKIP and Farage, but lets be just a tiny bit realistic about it, if Farage is at a meeting of local business leaders in the constituency, its quite likely its been in their diaries for a couple of weeks at least. Suggesting he pulling the trip out of the hat at the last minute because of a poll or his expenses does sounds a touch strained.
    Naive my friend. Politicos can get moving very fast if they fear they might be in trouble.

Even so to have gone for so long not visiting the seat shows an arrogance and naivety. Remember this is the guy who though the best place for him on GE10 election day was in a plane flying above.
    He needed an excuse for losing. He managed the incredible feat of coming a poor second in a one-horse race.

• Options

And last week
    Was really only this week? My apologies. When people start to recycle news stories I tend to forget when exactly they first surfaced. For sure this is the third time that this one has been brought up on here.
    I remember the date because one of the Kippers on here said Westminster Cathedral would become a mosque because of the LibLabCons.

You never forget comedy gold like that.
  • Options
    'TOPPING@ at 1.49 -- ''But no. They seem determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.''

I think your comments are right.
    Its one thing to be a pressure group. It is quite legitimate to want to leave the EU or reform it. or have any view you like. We can ignore the fact that if we leave it will in effect make little real difference.
    However its absurd to actively seek to destroy the pary that can achieve your supposed aims.

But for kippers the EU is just a means to an end - an end which is clearly increasingly racist in its ambition. 'Immigration' is just another hysteric dog whistle for racism with islam thrown in as a buy one get one free bonus. St Nigel professes his innocence but he is happy to play on the racist fears and prejudices of his supporters. He grovels amongs the lowest common stinking denominator of politics.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,193

I reckon more Kippers were planning on turning up to Dirty Dicks, thought it was a Mosque and decided not to turn up.
    When UKIP underwhelm next May, it can argue that the polling stations were all in what looked like mosques....

• Options

Pulpstar said:

Works for Forage.
    Has he broken a "promise to the British people" yet :) ?
  • Options

And last week
    I remember the date because one of the Kippers on here said Westminster Cathedral would become a mosque because of the LibLabCons.

Almost as comedy as you thinking one person equates to 93% of UKIP supporters.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

And last week

Nope. All Kippers. Except Sunil. He has a PHd
  • Options
    You can tell when Tories on here are flailing. They start banging on about silly little things than talk about the big topics.

Cameron's ineptness has been shown in the last couple of days. 160% off target with his immigration pledge, and being told what he's allowed to do by Angela Merkel on EU migration. A pygmy of a politician.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

TGOHF said:

Socrates said:

TOPPING said:

Socrates said:

@isam 48% to 32% is a huge lead for the out camp. And that was BEFORE Cameron has said he isn't going to limit EU immigration.

WILL YOU LOT EVER TAKE YES FOR AN ANSWER?????

Ahem.

Out leads. Fantastic! That means that a Cons govt will deliver a referendum which will deliver an OUT vote.

Get campaigning/leafleting/perhaps you could do some tele-canvassing - get in touch with CCHQ, they will guide you.

I mean you lot want out of the EU don't you?? You don't give a tinker's cuss one way or another about working tax credits or the internal market or widening the A14. It's all about Europe and Cam's perfect storm has arrived. We as a nation would prefer to be out.

But no.

You want to go and not have that referendum and not get us out of here because in 2035 you think you might have a shot at holding the balance of power.
    You still believe David "no ifs, no buts" Cameron means what he says when makes pledges? Bless.
    Who can forget him reneging on the Sindy ref pledge - oh wait.
    Was that before or after he capped the EU budget, or blocked the fiscal pact, or didn't hand over any significant powers, or didn't pay the EU shakedown? I forget.
    Endless inventions.
  • Options
    The Evening Standard, unlike pb, paying attention to the big issues:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3iOTQ_IEAIf7sr.jpg
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited November 2014
    Admittedly just a rumour, combined with poor polling for Thanet South, - but if Farage did intend to withdraw, then he’s left things rather late in the day to find another constituency – IMHO, he either stands @ThanetS or not at all.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    Socrates said:

God, you're spinning endless anti-UKIP today, desperately trying to avoid the pro-UKIP narrative of today's news.
    Lol the Irony of the man who's been spinning like a whirling dervisher all day about the Cameron speech.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

You can tell when Tories on here are flailing. They start banging on about silly little things than talk about the big topics.

Cameron's ineptness has been shown in the last couple of days. 160% off target with his immigration pledge, and being told what he's allowed to do by Angela Merkel on EU migration. A pygmy of a politician.

It speaks to a wider problem with Kippers and their misconceptions of the reality of modern UK.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

TOPPING said:

Socrates said:

@isam 48% to 32% is a huge lead for the out camp. And that was BEFORE Cameron has said he isn't going to limit EU immigration.

Ahem.

Out leads. Fantastic! That means that a Cons govt will deliver a referendum which will deliver an OUT vote.

Get campaigning/leafleting/perhaps you could do some tele-canvassing - get in touch with CCHQ, they will guide you.

I mean you lot want out of the EU don't you?? You don't give a tinker's cuss one way or another about working tax credits or the internal market or widening the A14. It's all about Europe and Cam's perfect storm has arrived. We as a nation would prefer to be out.

But no.

You want to go and not have that referendum and not get us out of here because in 2035 you think you might have a shot at holding the balance of power.
    Do you think Cameron would have got anywhere near saying what he did, or come to that would have promised a referendum if UKIP wasn't breathing down his neck ? You might want to review this to remind yourself of how his views on the EU have changed as the threat became more obvious.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11259224/David-Cameron-The-journey-from-immigration-dove-to-immigration-hawk.html
    Indigo said:

TOPPING said:

Socrates said:

Ahem.

But no.

Do you think Cameron would have got anywhere near saying what he did, or come to that would have promised a referendum if UKIP wasn't breathing down his neck ? You might want to review this to remind yourself of how his views on the EU have changed as the threat became more obvious.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11259224/David-Cameron-The-journey-from-immigration-dove-to-immigration-hawk.html
    How are you an immigrationj dove when you wanted to reduce it to 100,000.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Works for Forage.
    It's working? I thought UKIP were crumbling away in the face of a Coalition resurgence. My mistake.

• Options
    Listening to the news sounds like Dave's speech is being generally well received. Is this why all the kippers on here are so hyper?
  • Options
    David Cameron’s European gamble could backfire by driving voters towards the EU exit door, an exclusive poll reveals today.
    As the Prime Minister’s big speech on European immigration was interrupted by alarm bells going off in the room, a YouGov poll for the Evening Standard found the outcome of his negotiations will be critical to any in-out referendum.

Traditionally, Londoners support EU membership by a wide margin — but the poll reveals that this would be reversed if Mr Cameron fails to get a deal.

Asked how they would vote in a referendum on Britain’s EU membership, 45 per cent of Londoners would back remaining in, compared with 37 per cent who would want to leave, according to the survey.

But when the pollsters delved deeper into people’s views on Europe they found that the capital is ready to pull out if the Prime Minister is rebuffed in his attempt to negotiate a looser EU relationship for the UK. In fact the figures would be almost reversed, with 43 per cent in support of a split away and just 35 per cent who back staying in.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/eu-exit-alarm-sounds-for-cameron-were-ready-to-leave-europe-if-pm-doenst-win-reforms-say-voters-9889987.html
  • Options

Socrates said:

TGOHF said:

Socrates said:

TOPPING said:

Socrates said:

Ahem.

But no.

You still believe David "no ifs, no buts" Cameron means what he says when makes pledges? Bless.
    Was that before or after he capped the EU budget, or blocked the fiscal pact, or didn't hand over any significant powers, or didn't pay the EU shakedown? I forget.
    Endless inventions.
    Precisely. And unfortunately for Cameron, people are realising that's what they are.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Twitter
    Britain Elects ‏@britainelects now50 seconds ago
    Midlothian East (Midlothian): Labour HOLD.
  • Options

Socrates said:

It speaks to a wider problem with Kippers and their misconceptions of the reality of modern UK.
    We're very aware of the reality of the modern UK: stagnant wages, rising house prices, general practice under huge strain. It's the Tories that are out of touch.
  • Options

Socrates said:

TGOHF said:

Socrates said:

TOPPING said:

Socrates said:

Ahem.

But no.

Endless inventions.
    Precisely. And unfortunately for Cameron, people are realising that's what they are.
    From you.
  • Options

Socrates said:

And last week

[putting hands up] Please! I like America the Tory Party!
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Socrates said:

We're very aware of the reality of the modern UK: stagnant wages, rising house prices, general practice under huge strain. It's the Tories that are out of touch.
    Omg - when is this maniac gonna take a break?
  • Options
    There have been huge queues at Heathrow in the last couple of days, and I'm hearing that Gatwick is a nightmare at the moment too. Another bumbling failure in Theresa May's domain?
  • Options
    felix said:

Listening to the news sounds like Dave's speech is being generally well received. Is this why all the kippers on here are so hyper?

Which news sounds are you looking at, I'm checking the Mail and Guardian websites and the general consensus seems to be that he's pissing off both pro and anti immigration types and is full of shit on the issue...
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

To be fair one of those questions was about a Norman French king who died in France and just happened to have England amongst his domains!
    He only spent six months in the England in his entire life (mostly trying to sell the place), didn't speak English and never summoned a parliament. Yet his statue stands in the yard of the Palace of Westminster. Why? I don't know. Probably something to do with Victorian romanticism I suspect (those pre-Raphaelite buggers get in everywhere).

On the subject of odd bits of art in the Palace of Westminster, in the Lobby to the Lords is a portrait of Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley. He was a violent, syphilitic drunk and was Mary Queen of Scots first husband, until a section of the Scots nobility murdered him. Why his portrait was thought worthy of the Palace of Westminster is a complete mystery.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited November 2014
    felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Cameron or Socrates?
    EDIT: I guess the post after this one clears that up.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

There have been huge queues at Heathrow in the last couple of days, and I'm hearing that Gatwick is a nightmare at the moment too. Another bumbling failure in Theresa May's domain?

Take a chill pill man.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380
    I don't understand the link. They say the count has been narrowed down to two candidates, with Lab a bit ahead of the SNP. What further stages are there to come??

http://www.midlothianadvertiser.co.uk/news/local-news/live-midlothian-east-by-election-1-3619025

It looks as though Tory votes went narrowly to SNP over Labour and the Independent votes more strongly the other way.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Why did Dave go and make himself a complete hostage to fortune over immigration ?!

"No ifs, no buts" I mean he didn't even allow himself any wiggle room.

And this is worse than his "cast iron" Lisbon Treaty - Labour were in power when Gordo signed the scrap of paper but so far as I'm aware there has been no change in Gov't from 2011 to 2014.

"That's a promise we made to the British people."

That is no basis on which to make speeches and pledges.He has zero credibility on the issue now. None, zilch, nada, zip.

'And if we fail to achieve it you can kick us out in five years'

Tick tock
  • Options
    Anorak said:

felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Cameron or Socrates?
    EDIT: I guess the post after this one clears that up.
    The one posting on here all day.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

felix said:

Which news sounds are you looking at, I'm checking the Mail and Guardian websites and the general consensus seems to be that he's pissing off both pro and anti immigration types and is full of shit on the issue...
    Not reading the Standard by the look of it
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Pulpstar said:

felix said:

TV NEWS - and the reaction of Tories. Mad kippers were never gonna like it any more than they want an indyref.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

I have white outrage fatigue..
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,408
    edited November 2014

I don't understand the link. They say the count has been narrowed down to two candidates, with Lab a bit ahead of the SNP. What further stages are there to come??

It looks as though Tory votes went narrowly to SNP over Labour and the Independent votes more strongly the other way.

They've still to divvy up the independent's votes, i.e. they're actually going into stage 5, the final one.
  • Options

I reckon more Kippers were planning on turning up to Dirty Dicks, thought it was a Mosque and decided not to turn up.
    When UKIP underwhelm next May, it can argue that the polling stations were all in what looked like mosques....

"Do they have elections in Muslim countries?"
    :)
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Do you ever stop shrieking?
  • Options

Socrates said:

And last week

Oi! All kippers? Now you are just making stuff up.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Racist!
  • Options

TGOHF said:

felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Racist!
    Not as racist as Bing Crosby - he like whatshisface was dreaming of a White Xmas - definitely a Kipper.
  • Options

Socrates said:

And last week

Oi! All kippers? Now you are just making stuff up.
    Obviously you are a deeply erudite man. As your knowledge of history demonstrates.
  • Options
    SandraMSandraM Posts: 206
    I got 9/10 on the medieval quiz. I'm a bit miffed at getting the Piers Gaviston one wrong as I've been to Warwick Castle.
  • Options
    Anyhoo.

I'm off to see a film about a Brown coloured illegal immigrant in this country.

I love Paddington.
  • Options
    '‘He has marched us right up the hill and then pulled us down again. He’s probably lost the election for us today. Whether this will set something off, I do not know. There will be calls over the weekend to decide what to do.’

Another senior eurosceptic says:

‘I am in complete despair about it. It is as minimal as you can get. If this is what the renegotiation is going to be like, there isn’t going to be renegotiation, is there? The idea that we would leave the European Union just on the question of what we’re going to pay migrants in benefits, that’s like dying on the barbed wire for a tin of baked beans.’ "

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2014/11/enraged-euro-rebels-threaten-trouble-after-camerons-immigration-speech-fails-to-satisfy/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  • Options

TGOHF said:

felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Racist!
    Let's not spark talk of racism on Black Friday.
  • Options

Socrates said:

felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Tories - they don't like it up 'em.
  • Options

...and so they should...

The endpoint for the UK / Scotland can only federal or split. Devolution started that and can't now be undone.

The endpoint for the EU can only be superstate or split.

When politicians put in motion a chain of events that has a logical conclusion then they can't reasonably complain when people say 'can we not just make that decison now instead?'
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    edited November 2014
    Detailed legal analysis of Cameron's speech

http://eulawanalysis.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-nine-labours-of-cameron-analysis-of.html

Looks like at least 5 of the cases need a Treaty Amendment.
  • Options

Anyhoo.

I'm off to see a film about a Brown coloured illegal immigrant in this country.

I love Paddington.

A brown coloured illegal immigrant that kept it's head covered ? - I BLAME CAMERON - WEAK !
  • Options

Carnyx said:

He only spent six months in the England in his entire life (mostly trying to sell the place), didn't speak English and never summoned a parliament. Yet his statue stands in the yard of the Palace of Westminster. Why? I don't know. Probably something to do with Victorian romanticism I suspect (those pre-Raphaelite buggers get in everywhere).

On the subject of odd bits of art in the Palace of Westminster, in the Lobby to the Lords is a portrait of Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley. He was a violent, syphilitic drunk and was Mary Queen of Scots first husband, until a section of the Scots nobility murdered him. Why his portrait was thought worthy of the Palace of Westminster is a complete mystery.
    Re Darnley, perhaps because he was daddy of Jamie Saxt and First, and an ancestor of HM the Queen and Empress (I assume it was Victorian romanticism too).

But this bit of a story about a Pre-R, which I came across lately, might cheer you up if you don't know it possibly not suitable for work:
    http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=pJGvAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA150&lpg=PA150&dq="arthur+hugh+clough"+The+Bothie+of+Tober-na-Vuolich+obscene&source=bl&ots=ConAQE76Hy&sig=SUXF2HmXM3dYPrzO2_Bw-Q8_7Gw&hl=en&sa=X&ei=iIl4VNOuM5PPaL28gJgJ&ved=0CDkQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q="arthur hugh clough" The Bothie of Tober-na-Vuolich obscene&f=false )

• Options

9/10 not bad.

• Options
    shadsyshadsy Posts: 289
    I've had a guess at which five seats will be the biggest betting contests in 2015.
    http://politicalbookie.com/2014/11/28/the-top-five-betting-constituencies-for-2015/
  • Options
    Question of the day:

Who is doing the best job for UKIP:

Cameron
    Miliband
    Farage.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Socrates said:

felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Lol does that mosque in Westminster give sanctuary from lunatic Greeks?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Socrates said:

Socrates said:

felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Err no, you simply never stop shrieking.

Have you been medically diagnosed as suffering from hysteria?
  • Options
    felix said:

TGOHF said:

felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Racist!
    Is it just me or did Black Friday only get up and running as an event in the UK this year? Can't seem to remember ads mentioning this day (which started in America!!!!) last year.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    shadsy said:

I've had a guess at which five seats will be the biggest betting contests in 2015.
    http://politicalbookie.com/2014/11/28/the-top-five-betting-constituencies-for-2015/

Not going to look:

But at a guess:

Watford
    Inverness Bairn Strathspey
    Torbay
    Bournemouth
    Thanet South

I meant Brighton lol

4 out of 5 ain't bad !
  • Options
    isam said:

'‘He has marched us right up the hill and then pulled us down again. He’s probably lost the election for us today. Whether this will set something off, I do not know. There will be calls over the weekend to decide what to do.’

‘I am in complete despair about it. It is as minimal as you can get. If this is what the renegotiation is going to be like, there isn’t going to be renegotiation, is there? The idea that we would leave the European Union just on the question of what we’re going to pay migrants in benefits, that’s like dying on the barbed wire for a tin of baked beans.’ "

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2014/11/enraged-euro-rebels-threaten-trouble-after-camerons-immigration-speech-fails-to-satisfy/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Thought "He has marched us right up the hill and then pulled us down again" was on topic for a moment ;-)
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Question of the day:

Cameron
    Miliband
    Farage.

Miliband - a decent opposition leader would be on 42-45% leaving no room for these "protest vote " parties.
  • Options

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Err no, you simply never stop shrieking.

Have you been medically diagnosed as suffering from hysteria?
    Someone's showing Cameron up for the lightweight he is! Better pick a fight to change the subject!
  • Options

felix said:

TGOHF said:

felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Racist!
    Is it just me or did Black Friday only get up and running as an event in the UK this year? Can't seem to remember ads mentioning this day (which started in America!!!!) last year.
    Black Friday was certainly highlighted last year, but agree, this year it appears to have gone completely over the top in both 'customers' and media coverage.

BBC news video makes it look gross - like feeding time at a trough,
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

Question of the day:

Cameron
    Miliband
    Farage.

Miliband - a decent opposition leader would be on 42-45% leaving no room for these "protest vote " parties.
    Perhaps. But you have to say Dave has done a sterling job today reminding everyone to kick him out of office in 5 years time if he achieved on immigration what he has achieved !
  • Options

isam said:

Thought "He has marched us right up the hill and then pulled us down again" was on topic for a moment ;-)
    Mike Smithsons Ukip betting record?
  • Options

felix said:

TGOHF said:

felix said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Racist!
    It's just you:)
  • Options

Socrates said:

'Just accept the country going to the dogs you bunch of ignorant out of touch biggots - and by the way, I hope we can count on your vote next May?'
  • Options

Socrates said:

'Just accept the country going to the dogs you bunch of ignorant out of touch biggots - and by the way, I hope we can count on your vote next May?'
    But Cameron's going to hold an EU referendum! No ifs, no buts!
This discussion has been closed.