Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » LAB is still ahead in England which the Tories won at GE10

Comments

• Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    Anorak said:

Utterly depressing story on the radicalisation of children.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29921816

"I like Islamic State because they pursue Sharia and kill infidels, non-Sunnis and those who converted from Islam," he says.

"The people killed by Islamic State are American agents. We must behead them as Allah said in the Koran."

He is 13 years old. His mother would be happy if he died fighting for IS.

Do the Tories still support Turkey joining the European Union?
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 26,069
    Socrates said:

@LuckyGuy1983

The problem is that Ed Miliband isn't clever. His political views are typical centre-left Guardianista boiler plate. Has he a single original view that deviates from social democratic orthodoxy?

I know he isn't, and you know he isn't. But the electorate doesn't know he isn't. The policies could all come from think tanks and things. But it could be sold as 'Ed's plan'. Consumers are at once very sophisticated, and very unsophisticated -it is very easy to believe that if someone is awkward, geeky, and outwardly unappealing, that mental greatness lurks within. Just as it is easy to imagine very attractive people are stupid.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Socrates said:

Socrates said:

The taking down of that poppy memorial is a classic example of how useless we are on tourism in this country. It's bringing in absolutely huge numbers of crowds, is a great source of pride for Britons, and will make the country a lot of money. Why on Earth aren't we making it a permanent fixture?

That's a really good idea.
    Nations around the world are desperate to have tourist attractions. We have managed to create one out of nowhere here. The thing could be a highlight of tourist trips to London for decades to come.

Yet do you think anyone in power will make it happen? Of course not.

What the hell is Helen Turner, Under Secretary for Sport and Tourism doing? She should be jumping on this.
    There is no doubt that the ToL poppy memorial has been a great success (a fitting tribute to the Remembrance Day centenary imho) but disagree that it should be kept in situ as a ‘tourist attraction’ – part of its success is precisely because of its short duration on display and successfully ‘capturing the moment’ which was its sole purpose. Leaving aside the fact that the poppies have all been sold, as far as I’m aware’ - I’d rather have a fitting memory of something done well, than a faded ‘attraction’ for people to gawk at.
    Do you feel the cemetaries at Normandy are something for people to gawk at? Or the Holocaust museums in Germany? Things can be solemn and noble - and, yes, permanent - while also attracting people from around the world.
    Oh please. - I was referring specifically to the poppy memorial, as I’m sure you are aware.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    Massive labour unrest. Cameron utterly snookered on Europe and immigration.

It feels like Britain's major political parties are about to shatter into pieces.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,481
    edited November 2014
    Nick Clegg may have regained my vote next May.

(this has nothing to do with my near daily commute from Sheffield to Manchester)

Liberal Democrat Leader and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has announced a package of measures to improve rail and road links in the North of England.

As part of the Northern Futures project, the North is set to benefit from a fully upgraded and electrified network between Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield by 2025.

By 2025 Nick wants to see electrified cross-Pennine links between Liverpool and Manchester on one side and Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle and Hull on the other.

Electrification of key routes will shorten journey times to, at most, 40 minutes between any two of Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield.

The plans also include investing in better rolling stock to provide commuters with a more comfortable journey.

.....“This is not just about rail. 64% of journeys in the North are by car. We need to build on the announcements already made to improve road links such as the M62. I want to go further, starting by extending the full stretch of the M62 between Manchester and Leeds to eight lanes using the “smart” motorway model (that is, turning the hard shoulder into a fourth lane in each direction), and having a programme of improvements for the Woodhead Pass (A618/A626) between Manchester and Sheffield. I will push to see these in the upcoming Roads Investment Strategy for completion by 2025.”

http://www.libdems.org.uk/better_trains_and_shorter_journey_times_for_northern_cities?utm_content=buffer77464&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
  • Options
    @Socrates -further to your poppy plan -I actually think your idea of bringing the poppies to Edinburgh Castle has real legs. I might suggest it to some people up here and see if anyone agrees.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    EPIC.

*CLAPS*

One of my favourites from the PB archive of jokes.
    A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack.
    'Miss Whack, I'd like to get a £30,000 loan to take a holiday.'
    Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.
    Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.
    The frog says, 'Sure. I have this' and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.
    Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.
    She finds the manager and says 'There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow £30,000 and he wants to use this as collateral.'
    She holds up the tiny pink elephant. 'I mean, what in the world is this?'
    The bank manager looks back at her and says...
    .....'It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone.'

• Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Socrates said:

Anorak said:

"I like Islamic State because they pursue Sharia and kill infidels, non-Sunnis and those who converted from Islam," he says.

"The people killed by Islamic State are American agents. We must behead them as Allah said in the Koran."

Should we be thrown out of Nato - we have radicals fighting in Syria ?

• Options
    I love that one.
    CD13 said:

OK, if you don't like bad taste, look away now ...

Three pregnant women at an ante-natal clinic are sitting together and knitting.

The first one stops knitting and leans over to take a tablet from a bag next to her.
    “What’s that?” the others ask.

“It’s an iron tablet,” she says. “Stops the baby being born with anaemia.”

The second one stops knitting and leans over to take a tablet from a bag next to her.

“It’s folic acid,” she says. “Helps prevent NTDs in the baby.”

The third one stops knitting and leans over to take a tablet from a bag next to her.

“Thalidomide,” she says. “I could never do sleeves.”

• Options

@Socrates -further to your poppy plan -I actually think your idea of bringing the poppies to Edinburgh Castle has real legs. I might suggest it to some people up here and see if anyone agrees.

I think it would be great to have different parts of the country get a chance to see it. It would also show how the soldiers came from all corners of this land (and beyond). Getting it covered on the news every year when it started somewhere fresh would be a great way of making sure we don't forget the Fallen and what they sacrificed as the last survivors pass on.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @steve_hawkes: One well known Labour MP: "If Alan Johnson wanted the job, Ed Miliband would be gone by the weekend."
  • Options
    Still available at 33/1

steve hawkes ‏@steve_hawkes 1m1 minute ago

One well known Labour MP: "If Alan Johnson wanted the job, Ed Miliband would be gone by the weekend."
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Socrates said:

Anorak said:

Should we be thrown out of Nato - we have radicals fighting in Syria ?

Our government isn't actively helping them - and NATO doesn't have free movement between its members.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

I think it would be great to have different parts of the country get a chance to see it. It would also show how the soldiers came from all corners of this land (and beyond). Getting it covered on the news every year when it started somewhere fresh would be a great way of making sure we don't forget the Fallen and what they sacrificed as the last survivors pass on.
    It's quite politically well timed too -it would raise Edinburgh's profile but at the same time be quite all embracing at a time when narrow nationalist sentiment is riding high.

Like most good ideas -it probably won't happen. But who knows?
  • Options
    40/1, if that. Assuming the first election is in May, that Parliament would need to be brought to a close in record time (the 1910 elections were in January and December and the 1974 elections were in February and October). And the Fixed Term Parliament Act would need to be repealed or sidestepped.

And none of this is relevant unless it's impossible to form a stable government. My expectation remains that we shall have a government next year that is capable of serving five years.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    edited November 2014
    Plato said:

I love that one.

CD13 said:

The first one stops knitting and leans over to take a tablet from a bag next to her.

The second one stops knitting and leans over to take a tablet from a bag next to her.

The third one stops knitting and leans over to take a tablet from a bag next to her.

Almost as bad as the site moderators filth.. is poking fun at the disabled and the murdered really that funny?
  • Options
    @TSE

Who is moderating this site at the moment, btw? Would be good to get @PBModerator's views on Hugh's interactions last night.
  • Options

Socrates said:

It's quite politically well timed too -it would raise Edinburgh's profile but at the same time be quite all embracing at a time when narrow nationalist sentiment is riding high.

Who do you know up there?
  • Options
    For those that want to put their money where their mouths are, you can get 2/1 with Ladbrokes that Labour will tally a lower vote share than they recorded in 2010.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    Pulpstar said:

Socrates said:

The taking down of that poppy memorial is a classic example of how useless we are on tourism in this country. It's bringing in absolutely huge numbers of crowds, is a great source of pride for Britons, and will make the country a lot of money. Why on Earth aren't we making it a permanent fixture?

I don't think I agree. I see it as more like the Queen Mother's lying in state -a chance for the nation to come together and share a remarkable and solemn experience. To make it permanent would be to remove that significance.

I agree we're useless at tourism though. I'm always astonished when I'm out in London and Trafalgar Square is just in pitch darkness, not floodlit and alive with activity. We run a tourism deficit in this country -a great shame for such a beautiful country with so much heritage.
    http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Trafalgar_Square_at_night_2.jpg o_O ?
    You'd be pushed not to find Trafalgar Square floodlit and alive with tourists, like most of the West End at night.

Has LuckyGuy been in the right place?
  • Options
    One well known Labour MP: "If Alan Johnson wanted the job, Ed Miliband would be gone by the weekend."

Johnson's just a dog with different fleas.
  • Options
    @MattChorley: Ex-minister: 'He said he'd be about content, but it's all style and spin... and it's shit' http://t.co/oWRj7X4Z7U http://t.co/Y0Mj5pmWcL
  • Options
    ''For those that want to put their money where their mouths are, you can get 2/1 with Ladbrokes that Labour will tally a lower vote share than they recorded in 2010.''

Those odds are cr8p
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,294
    Britain Elects ‏@britainelects 1m1 minute ago
    Labour's polling averages post June w/ YouGov. Not looking pretty for Team Ed. http://cloud.highcharts.com/show/iwebub/
  • Options
    antifrank said:

40/1, if that. Assuming the first election is in May, that Parliament would need to be brought to a close in record time (the 1910 elections were in January and December and the 1974 elections were in February and October). And the Fixed Term Parliament Act would need to be repealed or sidestepped.

And none of this is relevant unless it's impossible to form a stable government. My expectation remains that we shall have a government next year that is capable of serving five years.
    So you won't be touching Paddy Power's 4/1 on there being more than one election.

I'm trying to work out what the best betting option if there is possibility of a one/two party majority.
  • Options
    taffys said:

''For those that want to put their money where their mouths are, you can get 2/1 with Ladbrokes that Labour will tally a lower vote share than they recorded in 2010.''

Those odds are cr8p

I didn't advocate the bet, merely note its existence.
  • Options
    Labour in Scotland in crisis, Wales Labour Government failing in both health and education, Labour refusing to allow Ann Clwyd to stand in her Cynon Valley seat without going through selection (Ann was furious with Wales NHS at the way they treated her late husband), Labour in the north in trouble and attracting UKIP voters, Labour no where in the south. What happened to 'One Nation Labour' ?
  • Options
    You'd have to have a heart of...etc:

Damien McBride: "It is difficult to know because the paranoia that comes out of the Miliband camp is so rank that [they see] Ed plots even when there are none."

Guardian blog: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2014/nov/06/nick-clegg-hosts-his-call-clegg-phone-in-politics-live-blog#block-545b5f68e4b012fe577e0948
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    taffys said:

Those odds are cr8p

free money IMHO .

• Options
    @rosschawkins: On #wato - how Labour MPs are calling for Ed M to go, talking about fighting to save their seats rather than win gen elex
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Socrates said:

@TSE

Who is moderating this site at the moment, btw? Would be good to get @PBModerator's views on Hugh's interactions last night.

Not me.

I think one of the Mods put ther comment earlier on this thread.

FYI - isam - I'm merely an administrator, so I can launch threads and do a bit of clearing the spam trap.

The site moderators aren't you think they are, but thanks for proving your cluelessness once more.

Edit - Oh you're talking about Robert, and his filth, he has more control over the site than I.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Socrates said:

I don't think I agree. I see it as more like the Queen Mother's lying in state -a chance for the nation to come together and share a remarkable and solemn experience. To make it permanent would be to remove that significance.

I agree we're useless at tourism though. I'm always astonished when I'm out in London and Trafalgar Square is just in pitch darkness, not floodlit and alive with activity. We run a tourism deficit in this country -a great shame for such a beautiful country with so much heritage.
    You'd be pushed not to find Trafalgar Square floodlit and alive with tourists, like most of the West End at night.
    And on some nights, Trafalgar Square even plays home to ‘kettled’ protestors attempting to burn down the Christmas tree – see PennyRed for details… ; )
  • Options

antifrank said:

So you won't be touching Paddy Power's 4/1 on there being more than one election.

I'm trying to work out what the best betting option if there is possibility of a one/two party majority.
    You can get 10/1 on the same proposition with Ladbrokes if you're tempted.
  • Options
    isam said:

Plato said:

I love that one.

CD13 said:

Almost as bad as the site moderators filth.. is poking fun at the disabled and the murdered really that funny?
    This joke carries 5 years hard labour.

Nigel Farage walked into a bar...ouch.

• Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,954

Socrates said:

So your motivation is political rather than commemorative? And narrowly nationalist, therefore, in the unionist sense of nationalism?

• Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,886
    taffys said:

I'm sure the 2010 Lib Dems would love Alan "ID Cards" Johnson
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Socrates said:

@TSE

Not me.

FYI - isam - I'm merely an administrator, so I can launch threads and do a bit of clearing the spam trap.

The site moderators aren't you think they are, but thanks for proving your cluelessness once more.

Edit - Oh you're talking about Robert, and his filth.
    No you and your filth. Robert just responded to someone who asked what the distasteful joke you made was

But if you think joking about murdering, then wanking over, women is fair game, that's your call. Happy to be PB Whitehouse if that's what is considered ok

Would be interesting to see what Reeva's parents would think of you
  • Options
    @Iain_33: ++2 Labour MPs have formally asked Ed Miliband to stand down++ #WatO

#SaveEd
  • Options
    I didn't advocate the bet, merely note its existence

My apologies for trying to shoot the messenger. Personally I think this ed stuff is overdone and aimed at the wrong target.

People wouldn't mind ed's weirdness if he had the right policies.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    Socrates said:

@TSE

I would just leave it. E's not wurf it. I truly doubt anyone of any political persuasion is on his side against you.

• Options

Pulpstar said:

Socrates said:

And on some nights, Trafalgar Square even plays home to ‘kettled’ protestors attempting to burn down the Christmas tree – see PennyRed for details… ; )
    Her salty tears filling the fountains.

Talking of Penny Red, has she managed to remember where she spent her childhood? (Clue - Brighton, not Lewes)
  • Options
    Socrates said:

The other thing that could be done, if people are insistent on the transience of it, would be to repeat the memorial every year in the run up to Remembrance Sunday at a different British landmark each time. One year it could be Edinburgh Castle, the next time the Angel of the North, etc. It would be the start of a great British tradition.

Hadrian's Wall ;-)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    antifrank said:

antifrank said:

Haha

#jokeinsensitive

#priceinsensitive
  • Options

Labour in Scotland in crisis, Wales Labour Government failing in both health and education, Labour refusing to allow Ann Clwyd to stand in her Cynon Valley seat without going through selection (Ann was furious with Wales NHS at the way they treated her late husband), Labour in the north in trouble and attracting UKIP voters, Labour no where in the south. What happened to 'One Nation Labour' ?

Doing ok in Worcester, with a few women, apparently, according to Mary Riddell (Telegraph)
  • Options
    @IsabelHardman: Wato says two Labour MPs want Miliband to go. Some estimates are that 22 Tory MPs have letters with Graham Brady.

@IsabelHardman: Which shows the difference between the two parties, doesn't it, if the leader who polls above party has many more determined critics
  • Options
    isam said:

Socrates said:

@TSE

Not me.

Edit - Oh you're talking about Robert, and his filth.
    No you and your filth. Robert just responded to someone who asked what the distasteful joke you made was

But if you think joking about murdering, then wanking over, women is fair game, that's your call. Happy to be PB Whitehouse if that's what is considered ok

Would be interesting to see what Reeva's parents would think of you
    You were so clueless that you had forgotten you had responded to it originally.

But keep on proving your cluelessness Mrs Whitehouse.

Her parents would probably say I'm a doos, but they wouldn't be alone in that assessment.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,157
    TGOHF said:

taffys said:

Those odds are cr8p

free money IMHO .

How much are you in for on that bet then ?
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    Talking about extremes, I saw earlier someone posted there's a 50/1 chance of LD getting zero seats with Ladbrokes.
    Last night I saw a 9/1 for 50+seats for UKIP at William Hill, can't see it now unfortunately.
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    MLP up to 30% double Hollande's current showing.

http://www.newsweek.com/far-right-leader-marine-le-pen-twice-popular-france-current-president-hollande-282090

"It is absolutely unprecedented for a sitting president to be a minority in his own camp. We see that less than half of all Socialist voters would vote for him in the next presidential election."

“Marine Le Pen is attracting people from all sides of the political spectrum - from right and left. What her party offers is the perfect synthesis of all their protective urges.”

“Le Front National is both nationalist and socialist. It pledges a bigger welfare state - for the French only, while promising to leave Europe and undertake a policy of ‘de-globalisation’. It’s simultaneously protectionist and paternalistic - offering exactly the kind of policies people look for in times of crisis.”

Interesting times...
  • Options
    taffys said:

Just who are these deluded fools that think Alan Johnson is the saviour of the Labour party. He didn't exactly cover himself in glory as SCoTE.
  • Options
    isam said:

antifrank said:

antifrank said:

Haha

#jokeinsensitive

#priceinsensitive
    In fairness, it's not listed on oddschecker and anyone who is confident that they've found every bet that Ladbrokes has available on their Hampton Court Maze of a website is a better man than me.

The bet is here under General Election Specials:

http://sportsbeta.ladbrokes.com/British/Next-General-Election/Politics-N-1z141maZ1z141m1Z1z141ng/

I'm trying to work out how to number crunch the possibility that Labour and the Conservatives win the same number of seats. I'm pretty sure that 50/1 are poor odds, but it's an interesting one to try to price.
  • Options
    taffys said:

Massive labour unrest.

Eh? You talking about Russell Brand and few Swampies / fellow travellers masturbating in front of Buck House? Labour unrest is not something the UK suffers from particularly. Go back to the 70s or 80s if you want to know what that looks like.
  • Options
    Ed Miliband is apparently on a train heading for a regional event at the same time as MPs in London are calling for him to stand down.

The Thick of It is not meant to be a documentary
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Talking about extremes, I saw earlier someone posted there's a 50/1 chance of LD getting zero seats with Ladbrokes.
    Last night I saw a 9/1 for 50+seats for UKIP at William Hill, can't see it now unfortunately.

You can get 12/1 with Ladbrokes on this too (at the bottom of the same link I just posted).
  • Options

Socrates said:

@TSE

Not me.

Edit - Oh you're talking about Robert, and his filth, he has more control over the site than I.
    Regarding cluelessness, when I called you clueless, it was because you are clueless when it comes to betting.

That is a fact

I have made a living out of gambling for over a decade, so I wouldn't think you could back up that assertion

I have tipped the biggest three movers in the constituency betting markets on here, as well as winners in the Euros, Clacton, Rochester & Wythenshawe, without having to resort to the kind of bets where you are simply backing old prices on the back of a poll

So, as with your refusal to apologise for your disgusting joke, you are playing the man not the ball...
  • Options
    @NorthamptonUK: Still waiting for Ed Milliband, due in 20 mins. All set up in a lecture theatre #MillibandsInTown http://t.co/BgvbISVeI9

How many of these does Ed need in the next 6 months?
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 5,059
    edited November 2014
    R4 World at One going large on the plotting against Miliband story. I think H&M and the Scotland meltdown poll have definitely changed the narrative. It could happen, but probably only if AJ is prepared to step up.
  • Options

Someone resident in Scotland thinks that private property is owned by the Edinborough Parish-Council. When do you finish sixth-form...?
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    A lot of hot air about political correctness today on the Daily Politics:

But the Cons really want to close the doors on debate:
    http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4852/britain-curbing-free-speech
  • Options
    A very attractive young lady walked into a bar and asked the barman for a double entendre - so he gave her one.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

50/1 not high enough. There's almost no chance of this. Look at some of the seats: Charlie Kennedy in Ross, Carmichael in Orkney.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

MLP up to 30% double Hollande's current showing.

http://www.newsweek.com/far-right-leader-marine-le-pen-twice-popular-france-current-president-hollande-282090

"It is absolutely unprecedented for a sitting president to be a minority in his own camp. We see that less than half of all Socialist voters would vote for him in the next presidential election."

“Marine Le Pen is attracting people from all sides of the political spectrum - from right and left. What her party offers is the perfect synthesis of all their protective urges.”

“Le Front National is both nationalist and socialist. It pledges a bigger welfare state - for the French only, while promising to leave Europe and undertake a policy of ‘de-globalisation’. It’s simultaneously protectionist and paternalistic - offering exactly the kind of policies people look for in times of crisis.”

Interesting times...

Here's the poll.
    http://www.ifop.com/media/poll/2826-1-study_file.pdf
  • Options
    @MShapland: Ed Miliband to deliver a speech to fight for his leadership at a 'regional event' says #wato - what's everyone in London doing?

@rosschawkins: Andy Harrop from the Fabians: At the moment Ed is a hindrance to the Labour party's success
  • Options

Speedy said:

50/1 not high enough. There's almost no chance of this. Look at some of the seats: Charlie Kennedy in Ross, Carmichael in Orkney.
    Fortress Eastleigh :D
  • Options

Speedy said:

Astonishingly Charles Kennedy is only 2/9 to hold his seat.
  • Options
    Ed Miliband called to stand down story on BBC News at 1 - a wtf did they air that for?
  • Options
    FluffyThoughtsFluffyThoughts Posts: 2,420
    edited November 2014
    Socrates said:

@TSE

As junior and hbtse* are here then - at a guess - PtP and/or Auntie-Hortence are currently derelict-of-duty...! :)

* TSE is only a lonely admin clerk. Apols. ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    isam said:

Socrates said:

@TSE

Not me.

Regarding cluelessness, when I called you clueless, it was because you are clueless when it comes to betting.

That is a fact

I have made a living out of gambling for over a decade, so I wouldn't think you could back up that assertion

I have tipped the biggest three movers in the constituency betting markets on here, as well as winners in the Euros, Clacton, Rochester & Wythenshawe, without having to resort to the kind of bets where you are simply backing old prices on the back of a poll

So, as with your refusal to apologise for your disgusting joke, you are playing the man not the ball...
    So that's why I've won at 40/1 on a non political bet this year, and say 14/1 on a political bet this year.

I have a 50/1 political bet now trading as low as 7/2

As MaxPB will attest, anyone following my world cup tips made decent money.

Or Hertsmere PubGoer on my eurovision tips on Austria.

I could list others but, that would be gauche.

But if you want to wallow as the betting God, that's fine by me, like most mortals, I have some winners, and I have some losers.

One day I might even tell you what it feels like to lose a bet, judging from your comments, you've never had one.

Anyway, I'm off to the cinema, so I concede the floor to you.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

antifrank said:

Haha

#jokeinsensitive

#priceinsensitive
    In fairness, it's not listed on oddschecker and anyone who is confident that they've found every bet that Ladbrokes has available on their Hampton Court Maze of a website is a better man than me.

The bet is here under General Election Specials:

http://sportsbeta.ladbrokes.com/British/Next-General-Election/Politics-N-1z141maZ1z141m1Z1z141ng/

I'm trying to work out how to number crunch the possibility that Labour and the Conservatives win the same number of seats. I'm pretty sure that 50/1 are poor odds, but it's an interesting one to try to price.
    Oh he is only trying to get some betting brownie points by interacting with you cos he thinks you're a shrewdie

Pitiful

What do you have Con and Lab seats in for? I will have a go at working it out

• Options

Rule Britannia ‏@Fight4UK Oct 31
    Every town & city where child grooming has taken place has had a Labour council
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    dr_spyn said:

isam said:

Plato said:

I love that one.

CD13 said:

Shouldn't it be -

Nigel Farage walked into a bar, and promptly walked out because the bar staff were Estonian, and it only sold foreign lager.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    Socrates said:

Anorak said:

No idea. Personnally I think it would be a very bad idea, and I can't see it being a good idea for in the foreseeable future. Ataturk must be turing in his secular grave.
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

isam said:

Plato said:

I love that one.

CD13 said:

Shouldn't it be -

Nigel Farage walked into a bar, and promptly walked out because the bar staff were Estonian, and it only served foreign lager.
    wearing black Hugo Boss shirts.

• Options
    From the BBC news 2 mins ago:
    New attempt this afternoon to get rid of RedEd by Labour MP's
  • Options

isam said:

Socrates said:

@TSE

Not me.

That is a fact

So that's why I've won at 40/1 on a non political bet this year, and say 14/1 on a political bet this year.

I have a 50/1 political bet now trading as low as 7/2

As MaxPB will attest, anyone following my world cup tips made decent money.

Or Hertsmere PubGoer on my eurovision tips on Austria.

I could list others but, that would be gauche.

But if you want to wallow as the betting God, that's fine by me, like most mortals, I have some winners, and I have some losers.

One day I might even tell you what it feels like to lose a bet, judging from your comments, you've never had one.

Anyway, I'm off to the cinema, so I concede the floor to you.
    You are clueless when it comes to betting
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    edited November 2014
    Neil Henderson ‏@hendopolis · 2 mins
    Important pictures of an orphaned baby sea otter which you will need to see in order to get through Thursday. http://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2014/nov/05/orphaned-baby-otter-rescued-from-california-coast-in-pictures?CMP=share_btn_fb

Fact fans should know that otters are the warmest blooded mammals. And baby otters have even warmer blood. No one knows why. They're just a little otter.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Speedy said:

What is the safest Lib Dem seat in England and Wales in your opinion ?
  • Options
    isam said:

What do you have Con and Lab seats in for? I will have a go at working it out

Well your question is part of what I'm trying to work out. At the moment I can envisage both finishing with between 280 and 300 seats, but in an uncertain order (both are so fevered right now that it seems to be a race to see which party can have a collective nervous breakdown first).
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    Jermaine Defoe goes into a nightclub and sees a girl he fancies, approaches her and says,
    "Get your coat babe, you've pulled"
    She replies,
    "Blimey, you're a little forward"
  • Options

Another day, another out of touch #Tory campaigning in Stroud. It's #STROOD! S. T. R. O. O. D. pic.twitter.com/KJJJCKdvFo

— Chris Irvine (@cgi247) November 6, 2014
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

Speedy said:

Westmorland & Lonsdale at the moment, I'd have thought.
  • Options

Jermaine Defoe goes into a nightclub and sees a girl he fancies, approaches her and says,
    "Get your coat babe, you've pulled"
    She replies,
    "Blimey, you're a little forward"

Ched Ev....
  • Options
    Yesterday I noticed that the Tory vote in opinion polls was leveling through the country.
    Today I notice that the SNP is deflating in Scotland, perhaps the SNP surge has finished.
  • Options
    BBC - Ed Miliband 'facing calls to quit'

Blimey, only a few days in the job and Lucy Powell certainly has her work cut out...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29935172
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

Speedy said:

Westmorland & Lonsdale at the moment, I'd have thought.
    Lib Dems 1-20 in both Orkney and Westmoreland. So 50-1 no seats is probably about right.
  • Options

BBC - Ed Miliband 'facing calls to quit'

Blimey, only a few days in the job and Lucy Powell certainly has her work cut out...

Actually her job is quite easy. If she wants Labour to win, sack Ed...
  • Options
    *like*
    Patrick said:

A very attractive young lady walked into a bar and asked the barman for a double entendre - so he gave her one.

• Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    edited November 2014
    So supposing they successful knife Ed while he is away as his event, then what ? How many weeks of infighting and bloodletting before they agree a replacement, and then consider the possible replacements. Weeks of looking divided, and stabbing each other in the back, until the least wounded candidate is declared the winner.

The talent pool on the Labour front bench is pretty shallow, and has its fair share of members that whilst attractive to activists and trade unions would repel the general public like there was no tomorrow. In addition to which all of them would have had their dirty laundry paraded in the press for the preceding month by "friends" of the other candidates.

The Tories would be as well to remember Bonaparte's maxim "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
  • Options
    Just a thought re memorial poppies - 2015 Edinburgh, 2016 Cardiff, 2017 Belfast - 2018 London, Edinburgh, Cardiff & Belfast.
  • Options
    FluffyThoughtsFluffyThoughts Posts: 2,420
    edited November 2014
    MikeK said:

Weathercock:

Me-auld-muckha:

Correlation-does-not-mean-causation: They may have had hung, Labour, Lib-Dhimmie and - agahst - Conservative councils! Or are you pointing at a specific epoch in the time-and-space continuum?

Please be concise in what time-frame and what circumstances I am drinking in. Chahs!
  • Options
    its the media's fault.

Rachel Humphreys ‏@rachel_hump 34s35 seconds ago
    Emily Thornberry tells @JuliaHB1 @LBC it's the commentariat's fault Ed Miliband is unpopular and talk of his poll ratings is "boring".
  • Options
    audreyanneaudreyanne Posts: 1,376
    Damn damn damn dammit. Got to pray this doesn't get any traction:

It's time to stop knocking EdM until February when it will be too late. The last thing we Conservatives need is a new Labour leader in their honeymoon period seducing voters.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

dr_spyn said:

isam said:

Plato said:

I love that one.

CD13 said:

Shouldn't it be -

Nigel Farage walked into a bar, and promptly walked out because the bar staff were Estonian, and it only sold foreign lager.
    Or David Cameron walked into a bar and trashed it, because he was in the Bullingdon and he knew his daddy would pay for the damage. This is easy, isn't it?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Emma Hutchinson ‏@ITVEmmaH 44s45 seconds ago
    Labour leader @Ed_Miliband at Northampton College says " we've got a big fight on our hands but we can win "

Shades of Mrs Thatcher on a November afternoon in 1990. I fight on, I fight to win.
  • Options
    audreyanneaudreyanne Posts: 1,376
    Indigo said:

The Tories would be as well to remember Bonaparte's maxim "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

E x a c t l y
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,375
    MikeK said:

Most places have, at one time or another!
  • Options
    Parking your tanks, eh?

Giraffes have the highest blood pressure.
    antifrank said:

Neil Henderson ‏@hendopolis · 2 mins
    Important pictures of an orphaned baby sea otter which you will need to see in order to get through Thursday. http://www.theguardian.com/world/gallery/2014/nov/05/orphaned-baby-otter-rescued-from-california-coast-in-pictures?CMP=share_btn_fb

Fact fans should know that otters are the warmest blooded mammals. And baby otters have even warmer blood. No one knows why. They're just a little otter.

• Options
    Indigo said:

So supposing they successful knife Ed while he is away as his event

But they won't. That's the joy of it.

Everyone knows Ed is the problem.

Nobody will act.

Perfect.
This discussion has been closed.