Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » LAB is still ahead in England which the Tories won at GE10

Comments

• Options
    TapestryTapestry Posts: 153

OGH at number 9:

http://uk.labs.teads.tv/top-blogs/search/politics

Blog ranking based on the score calculated by Teads which considers various numerous parameters including the number of backlinks, the number of shares of its articles on Facebook and Twitter

The Tap got into the top 40 political blogs a few times, then it was chopped from the list. Anyone who really takes on the system is made invisible in the rankings. I wondered how long our rankings presence would last. Once you blog that 9/11 is false flag, you become invisible. I wonder if comments on here can be made invisible other than to the commenter. There is software like that around.....

• Options
    NinoinozNinoinoz Posts: 1,312
    This is an unbelievable case of total hypocrisy; shades of the NCCL and the BBC in this country.

"It's embarrassing for the Greens. No other party depends as heavily on the claim of being on the right side of morality. The Greens also played a leading role from the start -- as prosecutors -- in the debate over abuse within the Catholic Church, emphatically demanding answers to allegations of sexual abuse of children. And, of course, a Green Party parliamentarian, Antje Vollmer, was also a member of the Bundestag's round table to address the abuses that took place in mainly church-run children's homes in the 1950s and 1960s.

How is the party going to explain that it once tolerated people whose agenda had nothing to do with progress and emancipation, but solely with the exploitation of their position of power and trust in relation to minors?"

http://m.spiegel.de/international/germany/a-899544.html
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    oldnat said:

being ridiculed by the Tory herd

Is this allowed again now? Or is it ok because he's referring to a time when it was? Or do decrepit feeble nits get special treatment?
  • Options
    Good News!

@MWStory Newspapers are wrong: Alex Salmond effigy was lit with fireworks then detonated in Lewes. I saw it and took pics:

twitter.com/MWStory/status/530280695453589505/photo/1

Its time someone stuck a rocket up his bottom what with the state of Scottish education ('cant be fixed until we're independent...')
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,375
    edited November 2014
    BenM said:

The current YouGov reflects my thinking about the outturn vote share in May.

Perhaps with Labour and Tories reversed.

I can't see the Tories getting much above 34%. Likewise Labour won't get less than 32%.

The dreadful FPTP will again be discredited.

However certain organs of the Press will weightily opine that enything else is too complicated for the English.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 24,316

oldnat said:

Is this allowed again now? Or is it ok because he's referring to a time when it was? Or do decrepit feeble nits get special treatment?
    oh grow up, Oldnat is one of our most established nat posters on PB and probably will give you the best arguments on indy if you'll take time to speak with him.
  • Options
    GaiusGaius Posts: 227
    Tapestry said:

OGH at number 9:

Blog ranking based on the score calculated by Teads which considers various numerous parameters including the number of backlinks, the number of shares of its articles on Facebook and Twitter

The Tap got into the top 40 political blogs a few times, then it was chopped from the list. Anyone who really takes on the system is made invisible in the rankings. I wondered how long our rankings presence would last. Once you blog that 9/11 is false flag, you become invisible. I wonder if comments on here can be made invisible other than to the commenter. There is software like that around.....

The reason your little blog failed to make the top 40 list is not because of anything from the men in black helicopters but merely a sign that fewer people want to read it.

Probably because you are a nutter.

• Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    edited November 2014
    I find the fact that someone in the Pentagon has seen fit to release the name and photo of the navy seal who shot Osama bin Laden, bloody disgusting and a betrayal of it's own soldiers. Of course his own father is a flaming nut-case.

This man will now become target for all the jihastist crazies in America, and believe me, there are plenty of them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11212489/Navy-SEAL-who-shot-Osama-bin-Laden-revealed-as-Rob-ONeill.html
  • Options
    Douglas Carswell MP ✔ @DouglasCarswell
    Two weeks to go in #Rochester! Come and help the peoples insurgency against the established Westminster parties.

Says the insurgent with an accrued pension pot worth £285,750+ whilst a member of the establishment under his belt.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,355
    Carlotta,

You're right about the state of Scottish education as regards their own history. James VI and his coterie of Scottish Proddies saved from a fiery death in 1605 by the brave English lads.

A feat celebrated every year in Sussex.
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548

oldnat said:

oh grow up, Oldnat is one of our most established nat posters on PB and probably will give you the best arguments on indy if you'll take time to speak with him.
    Sorry mummy..
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118

Two weeks to go in #Rochester! Come and help the peoples insurgency against the established Westminster parties.

Says the insurgent with an accrued pension pot worth £285,750+ whilst a member of the establishment under his belt.

Jesus get over it!!

Do you still have a pop at Gareth Bale for leaving Spurs?!
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    MikeK said:

I find the fact that someone in the Pentagon has seen fit to release the name and photo of the navy seal who shot Osama bin Laden, bloody disgusting and a betrayal of it's own soldiers. Of course his own father is a flaming nut-case.

This man will now become target for all the jihastist crazies in America, and believe me, there are plenty of them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11212489/Navy-SEAL-who-shot-Osama-bin-Laden-revealed-as-Rob-ONeill.html

The guy and his own father were the ones releasing his name. How on Earth is that a betrayal? Your dislike of Obama is leading you to ignore the facts.
  • Options

And Comical James at 93.......chortle......

And beaten by Tapestry (@89). The shame....
  • Options

oldnat said:

Sorry mummy..
    it's ok pumpkin, just remember sticks and stones.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,954
    edited November 2014
    CD13 said:

Why are the SNP getting sensitive about the Lewes bonfire?

They're celebrating the defeat of the gunpowder plot which was anti-Scottish. "Hark, hark, the dogs do bark, the beggars are coming to town etc."

On the same evening, you had Russell Brand parading around with the Guy Fawkes crowd. Now, he'd make a good Guy for next years fire.

They've alreadly had [edit] Mr Brand, I gather, from the Graun comments.
    dr_spyn said:

Carnyx said:

dr_spyn said:

Salmond has reintroduced a UK wide law of lesse majeste.

I think you'll find that in fact he took it in fairly good part - with a barbed joke in return.

So why was the effigy not burnt? If he thought it was a joke, why did so many with 45 badges work themselves up into a frenzy. The back images showed a Union Flag, a bare bum, compared to Georgian political prints it was quite tame.

It appears that burning Bush, Brown, Thatcher, Lawson, Putin, Saddam, Putin (last night), Blair, Brezhenev is OK, but smoking out Salmond is beyond satire. Will a new article 58 be prepared for a new Scottish criminal code?

Burning effigies is better than burning real people, 17 Protestants were burnt in Queen Mary's reign in Lewes, as a warning not to deviate from the one true faith. The outraged on Twitter should reflect on Wellington's words publish and be damned.

As ane fule kno Lewes has a LD MP, unless Norman Baker has a secret desire to change sides.

Last I heard, Lewes was not in the domain of Scots law! And there seem to have been two effigies, and some dispute about when/whether they were burnt.

I don't quite understand it all either - or for that matter why Carlisle wanted to burn Marie Stuart, aka Mary Queen of Scots, until the council pulled the effigy a few days ago.

• Options

And Comical James at 93.......chortle......

And beaten by Tapestry (@89). The shame....
    89 and climbing while Comical James is 93 and falling........

• Options
    isam said:

Jesus get over it!!

Nope - I support Real Madrid now as well, when he plays. Top man who did his service.

Sol Campbell however.....
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

dr_spyn said:

I think you'll find that in fact he took it in fairly good part - with a barbed joke in return.

Carnyx, why do you bother trying to be decent with an absolute tosser
    Well, he did once manage to find me a superb old movie of the ideal UKIP train, when I was stuck trying to locate it on Google ...

• Options
    Socrates said:

MikeK said:

The guy and his own father were the ones releasing his name. How on Earth is that a betrayal? Your dislike of Obama is leading you to ignore the facts.
    What you say is true, but what is also true is that to avoid prosecution they must have had permission from higher up to publish or the Seal can end up in jail. In betraying himself is no less a betrayal to his mates.
  • Options
    CD13 said:

Carlotta,

You're right about the state of Scottish education as regards their own history. James VI and his coterie of Scottish Proddies saved from a fiery death in 1605 by the brave English lads.

A feat celebrated every year in Sussex.

And the English and Welsh establishment too, of course.

• Options
    Site Notice

1) The term herd or nits is not acceptable on here

2) Ninoinoz - You've been told the topics off limits to you - Please adhere to that

3) MalcolmG - You've been warned about swearing at other posters, you know the consequences of if you don't adhere to that

4) Socrates - Appropriate action has been taken against Hugh

Moderation is going to be light today, anyone who can't post here unsupervised will be smote by the ban hammer on our return.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Socrates said:

MikeK said:

What you say is true, but what is also true is that to avoid prosecution they must have had permission from higher up to publish or the Seal can end up in jail. In betraying himself is no less a betrayal to his mates.
    It says further down the article that the higher ups threatened him with prosecution for releasing the information, so it doesn't sound like he had permission.
  • Options

OGH at number 9:

Less influential than Wings over Somerset.

If there was any doubt..
  • Options
    edited November 2014

isam said:

Jesus get over it!!

Nope - I support Real Madrid now as well, when he plays. Top man who did his service.

I think you have to let it go!

Sol would never have won anything at WHL.. he left, became part of the invincibles and played (scored) in a Champions League Final

Same applies to RvP/Cesc/Nasri/Clichy etc with Arsenal... they didn't want to finish 4th every season so moved on

Actually seems even Wenger has learned that mass immigration of journeymen is just a cheap fix, hence the long contracts for British players like Gibbs, Chambers, The OX, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Welbeck etc

The likes of Ozil and Sanchez would have sailed through a points based system!
  • Options
    Socrates said:

MikeK said:

Socrates said:

MikeK said:

It says further down the article that the higher ups threatened him with prosecution for releasing the information, so it doesn't sound like he had permission.
    You will find that the various branches of US armed forces do not as a rule speak with one voice.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,062
    edited November 2014
    As NPxMP may recall, I'm a long standing critic of the MP pension scheme, even its modified CARE version which I think still hasn't come in to force - a scheme which is just another expenses back-door troughing option.

That's bad enough for all of them but then to portray yourselves as the outsiders, the insurgents, the fresh air against the stale old school whilst holding on to the benefits accrued whilst part of the 'enemy' you now claim to despise is another level.

• Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,355
    Carnyx,

Thanks for the info.
  • Options

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..
    english blogs eh ?
  • Options

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..
    english blogs eh ?
    We're all British now. For the moment.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

Ah Con Home has a pop at Carswell... how quaint.

"Mark - you're not really expecting us to believe that Carswell agonised for months over making the decision to defect, without realising that he would find himself in a conflicted position once he had done so?

No, I think this is another attempt to portray Carswell in a favourable (blue) light, as the principled but disaffected hero, to provide stark comparison with your real, un-named target, which is of course Mark Reckless.

Reckless who can't have agonised for months, since he was promising to toe the party line the day before he announced his defection. The Reckless who will create a far bigger crisis for the Tory party if he wins the Rochester byelection. And presumably the Reckless who won't feel as conflicted about being a senior officer in the UKIP regime, than Carswell does. "

This comment nails it.
    I've heard farage has a sniper in the commons gallery ready to take out Carswell the minute he stops tweeting negative comments about the Tories, then holds him hostage at UKIP HQ lest he follow up his desire to return home to the Tories.

Apparently many Ukip voters are just Tories on holiday too
    Yep, we are all on our holidays. LOL
    When Carswell joined the jihadists (sorry UKIP) he should have known that he would be tried for treason if he ever tried to return home.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,157
    edited November 2014

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..
    http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2014/10/05/what-the-rochester-poll-would-look-like-without-the-2010-non-voters/

I think this particular entry is going to become a classic. (3rd on the top post link apparently)
  • Options

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..
    english blogs eh ?
    Looking at the oil price I think that might be for some time to come.
  • Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2822825/Expert-migrant-report-man-said-just-13-000-come-Eastern-Europe.html

'Expert' behind yesterdays migrant report was man who said just 13,000 would come from Eastern Europe

Well fancy that!
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Jesus get over it!!

I think you have to let it go!

Sol would never have won anything at WHL.. he left, became part of the invincibles and played (scored) in a Champions League Final

Same applies to RvP/Cesc/Nasri/Clichy etc with Arsenal... they didn't want to finish 4th every season so moved on

Actually seems even Wenger has learned that mass immigration of journeymen is just a cheap fix, hence the long contracts for British players like Gibbs, Chambers, The OX, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Welbeck etc

The likes of Ozil and Sanchez would have sailed through a points based system!
    RvP has been forgiven by Arsenal fans has he?

I grew up with Spurs captains who valued being the captain and what that meant - Steve Perryman and Gary Mabbutt especially, Sol was viewed in that company and class... the first 2 would never have done what Sol did. It's ancient history now of course.
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    MikeK said:
    Is he predicting UKIP 20%?

"In the hunt for Westminster seats, it [UKIP] aims to create a ‘set of political ideas’ that commands the loyalty of 20 per cent of the electorate, with ‘concentrated clusters of support’."

Ladbrokes UKIP vote share bands have 10-15% as current favourite.
  • Options

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..
    english blogs eh ?
    Looking at the oil price I think that might be for some time to come.
    Oh dear, another promise not within the SNP's gift.....its only down $27 vs their assumption....

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..
    http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2014/10/05/what-the-rochester-poll-would-look-like-without-the-2010-non-voters/

I think this particular entry is going to become a classic. (3rd on the top post link apparently)
    Haha

TSE snapped at me yesterday that he had said UKIP were the value in Rochester!

"14/1 on Labour winning the by-election looks very tasty, in light of the above, but I think most of my money today will be going on a Tory hold."

What a joker
  • Options
    BenMBenM Posts: 1,795
    MikeK said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2822825/Expert-migrant-report-man-said-just-13-000-come-Eastern-Europe.html

'Expert' behind yesterdays migrant report was man who said just 13,000 would come from Eastern Europe

Well fancy that!

Yes, the anti-immigration frothers have gone into a state of denial over the UCL report which details the common sense view that recent EU migrants are substantial net contributors.

So they've turned to the ad hominem. Anything to deflect from the fact their anti migrant prejudice has gulled them into a wrongheaded view of how the world works.
  • Options

MikeK said:

"In the hunt for Westminster seats, it [UKIP] aims to create a ‘set of political ideas’ that commands the loyalty of 20 per cent of the electorate, with ‘concentrated clusters of support’."

Wether O'Flynn was predicting 20% or not, the true target of UKIP for the elections is to achieve 25% of the vote nationally. A tall order even in my support of the party.

I think as the election nears Ladbrokes and Stodge will have to up the ante a bit.
  • Options
    isam said:

Pulpstar said:

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..

Haha

"14/1 on Labour winning the by-election looks very tasty, in light of the above, but I think most of my money today will be going on a Tory hold."

What a joker
    UKIP 45 - 50%, turnout under 50% and that more or less pays for Dirty Dicks.
  • Options
    isam said:

Pulpstar said:

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..

Haha

What a joker
    Except I had.

http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2014/10/02/the-tories-become-the-favourites-in-the-rochester-by-election/

Seriously, you need to end your obsession with me.

Out of curiosity, you never miss an opportunity to mention my joke about Reeva Steenkamp, but you never mention the fact, Robert told virtually the same joke.

I wonder why that is?
  • Options
    BenM said:

MikeK said:

Well fancy that!

Yes, the anti-immigration frothers have gone into a state of denial over the UCL report which details the common sense view that recent EU migrants are substantial net contributors.
    That's not what the report says.

"... the contribution made by this group to a mere £66 million over the ten years from 2001-2011 (Table A7 Panel (b) (d)).

This is clearly likely to be less than the margin of error in the calculation, and shows that the fiscal contribution of Eastern European migrants - notwithstanding their high rates of employment and their youthful age-profile - may well be nothing at all."

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/press-release/395
  • Options

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..

Haha

What a joker
    Except I had.

http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2014/10/02/the-tories-become-the-favourites-in-the-rochester-by-election/

Out of curiosity, you never miss an opportunity to mention my joke about Reeva Steenkamp, but you never mention the fact, Robert told virtually the same joke.

I wonder why that is?
    Maybe he dislikes you. You can't be loved by all. ;)
  • Options

BenM said:

MikeK said:

Well fancy that!

"... the contribution made by this group to a mere £66 million over the ten years from 2001-2011 (Table A7 Panel (b) (d)).

This is clearly likely to be less than the margin of error in the calculation, and shows that the fiscal contribution of Eastern European migrants - notwithstanding their high rates of employment and their youthful age-profile - may well be nothing at all."

Migrationwatch?! Snigger.
  • Options

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..

Haha

What a joker
    Except I had.

I wonder why that is?
    I'm not obsessed I just think you are clueless
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

isam said:

Jesus get over it!!

Pretty obvious Carswell will either be Ukip leader or out of the party within 2 years..
  • Options
    MikeK said:

MikeK said:

Wether O'Flynn was predicting 20% or not, the true target of UKIP for the elections is to achieve 25% of the vote nationally. A tall order even in my support of the party.

I think as the election nears Ladbrokes and Stodge will have to up the ante a bit.
    The voters don't seem to have warmed to Con/Lab since 2010, so 25% might not be unthinkable.

That said the recent PCC election in South Yorkshire reminds us that the sofa is always an option!
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..

Haha

What a joker
    Except I had.

I wonder why that is?
    I've just proved you're the clueless one.

So why do you never mention the fact Robert told the same joke?
  • Options
    BenM said:

BenM said:

MikeK said:

Well fancy that!

Migrationwatch?! Snigger.
    Check the numbers with the report if you want to dispute them.
  • Options

isam said:

Jesus get over it!!

Must be gutting for you.

Spurs are rubbish, Real Madrid could only beat Liverpool reserves one nil and Kolo Toure kept Cristiano Ronaldo in his back pocket for the whole match.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

CD13 said:

Why are the SNP getting sensitive about the Lewes bonfire?

They're celebrating the defeat of the gunpowder plot which was anti-Scottish. "Hark, hark, the dogs do bark, the beggars are coming to town etc."

On the same evening, you had Russell Brand parading around with the Guy Fawkes crowd. Now, he'd make a good Guy for next years fire.

They've alreadly had [edit] Mr Brand, I gather, from the Graun comments.
    dr_spyn said:

Carnyx said:

dr_spyn said:

So why was the effigy not burnt? If he thought it was a joke, why did so many with 45 badges work themselves up into a frenzy. The back images showed a Union Flag, a bare bum, compared to Georgian political prints it was quite tame.

It appears that burning Bush, Brown, Thatcher, Lawson, Putin, Saddam, Putin (last night), Blair, Brezhenev is OK, but smoking out Salmond is beyond satire. Will a new article 58 be prepared for a new Scottish criminal code?

Burning effigies is better than burning real people, 17 Protestants were burnt in Queen Mary's reign in Lewes, as a warning not to deviate from the one true faith. The outraged on Twitter should reflect on Wellington's words publish and be damned.

As ane fule kno Lewes has a LD MP, unless Norman Baker has a secret desire to change sides.

Last I heard, Lewes was not in the domain of Scots law! And there seem to have been two effigies, and some dispute about when/whether they were burnt.

I don't quite understand it all either - or for that matter why Carlisle wanted to burn Marie Stuart, aka Mary Queen of Scots, until the council pulled the effigy a few days ago.

One effigy was definitely burned - have seen the pictures - very entertaining.

Hopefully the other one was too. Suspect the cybernat bleating has ensured a big papermache Sturgeon will be torched next year - which will also be hilarious.

• Options
    edited November 2014

isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..

Haha

What a joker
    Except I had.

I wonder why that is?

I didn't know he had

When I saw you crack the joke I said I thought it was in bad taste , because I thought it was in bad taste. Nothing to do with who said it. I assumed you would acknowledge it and apologise, but you started an argument which neither of us seems to want to let go.. I know I wont.

So you have tipped UKIP, Conservatives and Labour for Rochester... what do you fancy for turnout? Over & under 50%? Or will you wait for the result then see if any bookie has left out of date prices up?

As for me being clueless, I have tipped the three biggest movers in the constituency markets without the help of any polls or out of date prices, so maybe you want to rethink that
  • Options

isam said:

Jesus get over it!!

Must be gutting for you.

Spurs are rubbish, Real Madrid could only beat Liverpool reserves one nil and Kolo Toure kept Cristiano Ronaldo in his back pocket for the whole match.
    It;s tough but clinging on.
  • Options
    MikeK said:
    Some serious man love there - a bromance made in heaven.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    @TSE

The question on the tipping for R&S is what did the narrative of the accumulated tips amount to:

To my mind it was something like

10 unit 11-10 UKIP
    10 unit 3-1 Con
    1.5 unit 14-1 Labour

-0.5 UKIP
    +19 Con
    -0.5 Labour

Which has a fair value of around £0.00

"Pile on UKIP at 11-10, and cover Con and Lab to stakes at 3-1 and 14-1" would have been better giving something like

20 units UKIP 11-10
    8 units Con 3-1
    2 units Lab 14-1

Henry Manson does this in his tips btw.
  • Options
    Article on the GOP get out the vote operation. They seem to have focused on republican leaning DNV, and low motivation voters.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gops-turnout-machine-was-in-top-gear/article/2555760
  • Options
    Don't you hate stereo types?

Kelly TolhurstVerified account ‏@KellyTolhurst
    Terrific meeting with Sikh community at Medway Towns Gurudwara. We are all part of one #RochesterAndStrood community

Laurence Davidson‏@larry040667·.@KellyTolhurst Another ethnic minority loving,multiculturalist,identikit social liberal.Not a conservative at all. Vote Reckless.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..

Haha

What a joker
    Except I had.

You've tipped up all the horses :o), and "most of my money today" on a 3-1 shot kind of implies a book of something like

10 unit 11-10 UKIP
    10 unit 3-1 Con
    1.5 unit 14-1 Labour

-0.5 UKIP
    +19 Con
    -0.5 Labour

"Pile on UKIP at 11-10, and cover Con and Lab to stakes at 3-1 and 14-1" giving something like

20 units UKIP 11-10
    8 units Con 3-1
    2 units Lab 14-1

Would have been good advice OTOH...

He is clueless about betting
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

careful, else it'll be all floods again
  • Options
    BenM said:

MikeK said:

Well fancy that!

So they've turned to the ad hominem. Anything to deflect from the fact their anti migrant prejudice has gulled them into a wrongheaded view of how the world works.
    Do you accept the report's finding that non-EU migrants are a substantial net drain?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,481
    edited November 2014
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

OGH at number 9:

If there was any doubt..

Haha

What a joker
    Except I had.

I wonder why that is?

I didn't know he had

When I saw you crack the joke I said I thought it was in bad taste , because I thought it was in bad taste. Nothing to do with who said it. I assumed you would acknowledge it and apologise, but you started an argument which neither of us seems to want to let go.. I know I wont.

So you have tipped UKIP, Conservatives and Labour for Rochester... what do you fancy for turnout? Over & under 50%? Or will you wait for the result then see if any bookie has left out of date prices up?

As for me being clueless, I have tipped the three biggest movers in the constituency markets without the help of any polls or out of date prices, so maybe you want to rethink that
    You're not having a good day are you.

You clearly have memory problems and obsess only about me.

He repeated the joke, and you replied to it.

http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/391366/#Comment_391366

On turnout, I think I said turnout would be less than Clacton, which made <50% the way to go, I don't think I tipped it, just merely replied when the odds came out
  • Options
    Tapestry said:
    Tapestry quote is " with the Green fascist pro-EU and pro-paedophile agenda."
    That indicates that the Greens ARE pro-paedophile, doesn't it. Pretty extreme accusation based on pretty flimsy 1980s German evidence, Actionable maybe, do Greens read PB?
  • Options

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Well at least they can make it legal - no thanks to them (well Carswell voted against Ukip policy on gay marriage but best not mention that..)

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,294
    @TSE

Not that drinking game rule about when the first one goes to the toilet, the others have to take four shots?
  • Options
    Socrates said:

BenM said:

MikeK said:

Well fancy that!

Do you accept the report's finding that non-EU migrants are a substantial net drain?
    That's not what it said. Read this explanation.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/nov/05/telegraph-mail-headline-migrants-cost-contribution
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

@TSE

The question on the tipping for R&S is what did the narrative of the accumulated tips amount to:

To my mind it was something like

10 unit 11-10 UKIP
    10 unit 3-1 Con
    1.5 unit 14-1 Labour

-0.5 UKIP
    +19 Con
    -0.5 Labour

"Pile on UKIP at 11-10, and cover Con and Lab to stakes at 3-1 and 14-1" would have been better giving something like

20 units UKIP 11-10
    8 units Con 3-1
    2 units Lab 14-1

Henry Manson does this in his tips btw.

When I get home tonight, I'll send you screenshots of my various R&S Bets, you should see I'm going to be in profit no matter what (unless the Lib Dems or Charlotte Rose win!)
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

If there was any doubt..
    sic. (3rd on the top post link apparently)
    Haha

What a joker
    ?

I didn't know he had

http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/391366/#Comment_391366

On turnout, I think I said turnout would be less than Clacton, which made <50% the way to go, I don't think I tipped it, just merely replied when the odds came out</p>
    Haha blimey you are useless!

Robert replied to someone who asked what the joke was.. You were the one who initially cracked it, hence I pulled you up on it

Now you play the victim and say I only pulled you up because you're Asian and muslim.. well I couldn't care less about that. It was a horrible thing to post and if any white Christian said something similar about a Pakistani woman I would say the same to them... the thing is no one does and no one would
  • Options
    Here's the full Migration Watch response to that dishonest CREAM report:

http://news.migrationwatch.org.uk/2014/11/comment-on-creams-revised-report-the-fiscal-effects-of-immigration-to-the-uk.html

The BBC of course headlines with the +£4bn line on EU migrants (ignoring those from pre-2001) rather than the -£95bn for all immigrants for the whole period.
  • Options
    This willy waving is a bit undignified - if we break the rule that gamblers only talk about winning bets there could be a disturbance in the force.
  • Options

Terrific meeting with Sikh community at Medway Towns Gurudwara. We are all part of one #RochesterAndStrood community

Laurence Davidson‏@larry040667·.@KellyTolhurst Another ethnic minority loving,multiculturalist,identikit social liberal.Not a conservative at all. Vote Reckless.

Ugh. After that I hope the local ethnic commuinity turns out en masse to vote Tory and keep the racist UKIP pea brains out.

Not going to happen, but that tweet is a good insight into the shrivelled UKIP mindset.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

If there was any doubt..
    Haha

What a joker
    ?

I didn't know he had

On turnout, I think I said turnout would be less than Clacton, which made <50% the way to go, I don't think I tipped it, just merely replied when the odds came out</p>

Robert replied to someone who asked what the joke was.. You were the one who initially cracked it, hence I pulled you up on it

Now you play the victim and say I only pulled you up because you're Asian and muslim.. well I couldn't care less about that. It was a horrible thing to post and if any white Christian said something similar about a Pakistani woman I would say the same to them... the thing is no one does and no one would
    So you did comment on it.

So you were wrong, again.

So answer this simple question, why do you always mention me in relation to that joke, and not Robert?
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Well at least they can make it legal - no thanks to them (well Carswell voted against Ukip policy on gay marriage but best not mention that..)

Did he?
  • Options
    BenM said:

Ugh. After that I hope the local ethnic commuinity turns out en masse to vote Tory and keep the racist UKIP pea brains out.

Not going to happen, but that tweet is a good insight into the shrivelled UKIP mindset.
    Arguing against twitter comments - that's a new low.

By the way, do you accept the immigration report that immigration was a £95bn cost to the Treasury over the last 15 years, or are you in denial about it?
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

This willy waving is a bit undignified - if we break the rule that gamblers only talk about winning bets there could be a disturbance in the force.

Hey come on.

My Lib Dems to make net gains in 2015 tip is a brilliant deferred winner.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

@TSE

Not that drinking game rule about when the first one goes to the toilet, the others have to take four shots?

Much much much worse
  • Options
    isam said:

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Did he?
    Sorry - my bad - he's just as anti equality as the rest of the Kippers

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/11621/douglas_carswell/clacton/votes

• Options
    edited November 2014
    Socrates said:

http://news.migrationwatch.org.uk/2014/11/comment-on-creams-revised-report-the-fiscal-effects-of-immigration-to-the-uk.html

The BBC of course headlines with the +£4bn line on EU migrants (ignoring those from pre-2001) rather than the -£95bn for all immigrants for the whole period.

The BBC headlined with the relevant recent migrants figure.

The floundering anti-imigration frothers have gone for the other figure without realising it's talking about the impact from all non UK born in the specified period regardless when they immigrated (and hence their initial contribution which may have been made in the 60s, 70s or 80s)!

The Telegraph got caught out with its pants down on this point yesterday when trying to link that passage to migration under Labour - although those migrants may have come here decades before.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Dear old Kelly does sound a teeny bit vacuous there. Is that what it looks like when a kitchen sink gets thrown at a constituency?

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @MrTimDunn: *Perfect* statistic:
    "Were you offended by the plan to burn an effigy of Alex Salmond in Sussex:
    YES: 45%
    NO: 55% http://t.co/tg56p5Houp
  • Options

Site Notice

anyone who can't post here unsupervised will be smote by the ban hammer on our return.

Arf - always suspected Jehova was part of the mod team... ; )
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Hey come on.

My Lib Dems to make net gains in 2015 tip is a brilliant deferred winner.
    Not dead yet..
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Dear old Kelly does sound a teeny bit vacuous there. Is that what it looks like when a kitchen sink gets thrown at a constituency?

Looks like she (CCHQ) may have given up on UKIP defectors and are trying to further squeeze the Labour vote to minimise the defeat. Not sure they'll play ball.
  • Options
    Good morning, everyone.

F1: not Giedo Van Der Garde, but Felipe Nasr who gets the second Sauber seat (joining Marcus Ericsson for 2015):
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29928460

So, next year we'll have two drivers from Brazil called Felipe Massa and Felipe Nasr (pronounced Nassa).
  • Options
    BenM said:

Socrates said:

The floundering anti-imigration frothers have gone for the other figure without realising it's talking about the impact from all non UK born in the specified period regardless when they immigrated (and hence their initial contribution which may have been made in the 60s, 70s or 80s)!

The Telegraph got caught out with its pants down on this point yesterday when trying to link that passage to migration under Labour - although those migrants may have come here decades before.
    The overall recent (2001-2011) migration from all countries showed a drain of £87 billion. Do you accept this result? Or are you in denial?
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,294
    Well we all know that Oscar's defence hadn't a leg to stand on.
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

Pulpstar said:

If there was any doubt..
    ?

So you did comment on it.

So you were wrong, again.

So answer this simple question, why do you always mention me in relation to that joke, and not Robert?
    Because you cracked the joke of your own accord thinking it was funny, and failed to apologise when someone said they thought it was in bad taste, while Robert was responding to someone who asked what the distasteful joke in question was

So if someone called another person a rude name, then someone else later told the story of the incident, the fault lies with the initial name caller, not the person who reports what has happened

Stop trying to play the victim, be a gentlemen and apologise for the disgraceful thing you said.

Reeva was someone's daughter, and joking about killing her then wanking on her is completely out of order.. you are a grown man and should be bigger than refusing to apologise just because someone you disagree with politically found it in bad taste
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    Ishmael_X said:

There appears to be a new value for "kitchen sink" today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/11211995/Tories-resort-to-name-and-shame-as-100-MPs-refuse-to-fight-Ukip.html

"In a bid to make up the numbers, MPs have now been told that they can count two hours of phone canvassing from their home or office as a visit."
  • Options
    Socrates said:

I wish there was a prominent campaign group against bullshit statistics. We get similar things about alcohol minimum pricing 'saving' the NHS X £billion and such-and-such a lifestyle choice 'costing' the economy Y £billion a year.

The parameters of the study are mostly narrow, the calculations full of broad unsubstantiated assumptions and the conclusions mostly bollocks, and presented over the timeframe needed to give the biggest headline impact they can to suit the agenda of the study sponsors.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited November 2014
    For Dear old Larry the mere mention of the word Sikh seems to have him frothing at the mouth.

Not sure that has anything to do with the EU, and dear old Nige is always banging on about trading links with the Commonwealth, so presumably India is on Nigel's approved list.

• Options
    Robert Kimbell ‏@RedHotSquirrel 19m19 minutes ago
    The Telegraph reports that "more than 100 Tory MPs have yet to visit Rochester and Strood, despite Cameron's order for three visits."

Not everyone loves Kelly.
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966

The parameters of the study are mostly narrow, the calculations full of broad unsubstantiated assumptions and the conclusions mostly bollocks, and presented over the timeframe needed to give the biggest headline impact they can to suit the agenda of the study sponsors.

That sounds like the climate change debate in a nutshell

I'll get my coat :)

• Options

Site Notice

anyone who can't post here unsupervised will be smote by the ban hammer on our return.

Arf - always suspected Jehova was part of the mod team... ; )
    Sounds a bit more like Thor to me. ;)
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,269
    BenM said:

Socrates said:

BenM: if you remove the link with immigration during the post-1997 period, isn't the point the same i.e. that the report shows that the economic impact of all immigrants is a minus figure?

A genuine question btw. I haven't had the time to read the report.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,682
    @isam, @TSE

What bad joke am I being accused of cracking?

How about this one guys:

At the British Women's Conference, the first speaker from Bristol stood up:
    "At last year's conference we spoke about being more assertive with our husbands. Well after the conference I went home and told my husband that I would no longer cook for him and that he would have to do it himself. After the first day I saw nothing. After the second day I saw nothing. But after the third day I saw that he had cooked a wonderful roast lamb."

The crowd cheered.

The second speaker from Hammersmith stood up:
    "After last year's conference I went home and told my husband that I would no longer do his laundry and that he would have to do it himself. After the first day I saw nothing. After the second day I saw nothing. But after the third day I saw that he had done not only his own washing but my washing as well."

The crowd cheered.

The third speaker from Rochester stood up:
    "After last year's conference I went home and told my husband that I would no longer do his shopping and that he would have to do it himself. After the first day I saw nothing. After the second day I saw nothing. But after the third day I could see a little bit out of my left eye."
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @Ishmael_X
    "Dear old Kelly does sound a teeny bit vacuous there"

Possibly, but as there is at the moment a Sikh festival, where it is incumbent on them to feed all the poor ( including non Sikh's), perhaps she could be forgiven for being inclusive?
  • Options
    Socrates said:

BenM said:

Socrates said:

The overall recent (2001-2011) migration from all countries showed a drain of £87 billion. Do you accept this result? Or are you in denial?
    Hmmm.

From the report:
    Focusing on those
    immigrants who arrived between 2001 and 2011, such implicit savings to the UK
    taxpayers total about £18 billion.
    http://www.cream-migration.org/files/FiscalEJ.pdf
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    edited November 2014

Hmm.

That comment doesn't really go with the "everyone's welcome in UKIP, even the brown people" line that get's wheeled out.

Another UKIP candidate off message? Or on message?
This discussion has been closed.