Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » It’s like back to the 90s for the Tories on what is turning

123457»

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,033

I'm not sure the Spanish would ever let Scotland into the EU now:

Catalonia president signs independence referendum decree

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29390774

Only one month to campaign? Feel sorry for the posters over at el PB.com, think of the endless joy they are missing by not having two year's worth of Catalonia independence threads.
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    He could threaten to release the alleged photos of himself if he isn't.

This Brooks Newmark scandal is the most rubbish scandal in the entire rubbish history of rubbish scandals. Why on earth is he resigning over this? Can we get a petition together or something to get him reinstated?

• Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    I love Sleepy Hollow! I see everything via TPB.

I'm a huge US show TV watcher but keep running out of bandwidth/disc space to cope with it all.

Smallville ate 68Gb alone and my spare laptop was full of CSI and Star Trek - then it crashed. I deleted House and Dexter too and replaced them with True Blood and Supernatural and Vampire Diaries.

I'm really irked that Almost Human was cancelled - that was superb.
    Tim_B said:

Plato said:

That's great ! Wasn't the second chappy Loki from The Avengers?

I've watched so many superhero/supernatural shows and movies that I get confused.

Loki was actually Gabriel the arch angel in Supernatural. And not a pagan at all. Then again, Lilith was the ultimate demon not Adam's wife. Mind-bending stuff.

Plato said:

Ha!

How do you embed a YTube here?

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Plato Indeed, the English make the best villains. His son Max is also an up and coming actor, saw him in Riot Club

Simon Baker is my namesake so have followed his career, he was in the Guardian too and The Devil Wears Prada.

As you say, the best actors find a niche

Indeed the brits do make the best villains. As in this US TV commercial for Jaguar cars...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bls1KKDwmo

It's good to be bad....
    I don't know who any of them are to be honest.

Speaking of TV, do you have Sleepy Hollow over there yet?

amazon.co.uk had a ridiculous offer on the complete All Creatures Great and Small box set, so I am slowly wending my way through that.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,646
    edited September 2014
    Sleepy Hollow? Wasn't that a Tim Burton film? BTW I recently completed Battlestar Galactica.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    HYUFD said:

Tim B Well it seems Georgia is the right climate for you, so you made a sensible decision to move there

Plato Yes, seen Somerhalder in a few things, he is an interesting actor, night!

In 2011 the PGA Championship was held at the Atlanta Athletic Club. Quick climate note. That was the year we had 95 straight days over 95 degrees. I was marshaling on hole 5, which has no shade. In fact, in the video of Rory having his wrist wrapped, you can see my belt buckle. I was standing right next to him.

On the Friday, I had 12 16 oz bottles of water. Didn't go to the bathroom once. When I got home my undershirt and shorts were caked in salt.

Heat is fine so long as you stay hydrated or can get out of it.
  • Options
    Oh, being a TV nerd requires such knowledge on other forums... where acronyms like TMWWBK make sense.

They make PB look normal on the Nerdism Scale. We play spot the episode using a single line of dialogue from 200 shows...
    Tim_B said:

Plato said:

I've watched so many superhero/supernatural shows and movies that I get confused.

Loki was actually Gabriel the arch angel in Supernatural. And not a pagan at all. Then again, Lilith was the ultimate demon not Adam's wife. Mind-bending stuff.

Plato said:

Ha!

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

Plato Indeed, the English make the best villains. His son Max is also an up and coming actor, saw him in Riot Club

Simon Baker is my namesake so have followed his career, he was in the Guardian too and The Devil Wears Prada.

Indeed the brits do make the best villains. As in this US TV commercial for Jaguar cars...

It's good to be bad....

amazon.co.uk had a ridiculous offer on the complete All Creatures Great and Small box set, so I am slowly wending my way through that.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Plato said:

I'm a huge US show TV watcher but keep running out of bandwidth/disc space to cope with it all.

Smallville ate 68Gb alone and my spare laptop was full of CSI and Star Trek - then it crashed. I deleted House and Dexter too and replaced them with True Blood and Supernatural and Vampire Diaries.

Tim_B said:

Plato said:

Plato said:

Ha!

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

It's good to be bad....

The only TV shows I watch are Sleepy Hollow (season 2 started last monday), Rizzoli and Isles, Major Crimes, the Walking Dead and US and UK Top Gear.

The man who plays Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) was also in Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.
  • Options
    Plato said:

Oh, being a TV nerd requires such knowledge on other forums... where acronyms like TMWWBK make sense.

They make PB look normal on the Nerdism Scale. We play spot the episode using a single line of dialogue from 200 shows...

Tim_B said:

Plato said:

Plato said:

Ha!

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

It's good to be bad....

The Man Who Would be King?
  • Options

Sleepy Hollow? Wasn't that a Tim Burton film? BTW I recently completed Battlestar Galactica.

It's a Fox show. It's a reworking of the Washington Irving story and is quite ingenious.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

It's a Fox show. It's a reworking of the Washington Irving story and is quite ingenious.
    The Tim Burton film was also a reworking of the Irving story. Starred Johnny Depp and Christina Ricci.
  • Options
    I must recommend Supernatural, if you like Sleepy Hollow and The Vampire Diaries [S6 next week]. Oh and True Blood [S7 and finale last month]

Supernatural is just about to start S10 - that puts it in the same bracket as Smallville [Superman], and IIRC only one of two dozen shows that have broken a decade run.

SPN has a massive fan base - and indulges in a load of meta story stuff that breaks the 4th window. Shows about shows, fans, the actors' lives - if you aren't a nerd - it'd make no sense. To give you an idea - there's c76k stories devoted to the series written by fans as alternative plots. https://fanfiction.net/tv/Supernatural/
    Tim_B said:

Plato said:

Tim_B said:

Plato said:

Plato said:

Ha!

Tim_B said:

HYUFD said:

It's good to be bad....

The only TV shows I watch are Sleepy Hollow (season 2 started last monday), Rizzoli and Isles, Major Crimes, the Walking Dead and US and UK Top Gear.

The man who plays Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) was also in Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited September 2014
    Plato: drove past Sleepy Hollow cemetery earlier today.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepy_Hollow_Cemetery_(Concord,_Massachusetts)

Quite excited because I haven't been to this part of the world before.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,324
    TimB Indeed, need to be prepared
This discussion has been closed.