Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Away from the IndyRef – today’s Populus poll sees UKIP up 4

12346»

Comments

• Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,758

There is no doubt in my mind that these vile men exploited a climate of political correctness to commit their disgusting crimes and that political correctness played a large part in allowing them to get away with it for so long. Undoubtedly, it has happened elsewhere too. Whether we on the left like it or not, we helped to create that environment - either directly by promoting it and brooking no argument or by not doing enough to counter it. If that means Labour councils and MPs being voted out of power, so be it. They will deserve what they get. Additionally, there does seem to be a train of thought in some moslem communities in this country which excuses or even condones predatory sexual behaviour, rape and forced prostitution just so long as the girls/women concerned are not themselves from those communities. That is repulsive. Again, it does no-one any good to deny it.

As we have seen, child abuse in Britain is long-standing and until recently the general tendency of the authorities has been to turn a blind eye, whoever the perpetrators are. Generally speaking, outside of familial/friendship circle abuse, the victims tend to be extremely vulnerable and on the margins of society. That's why an over-arching enquiry is necessary. What processes do we need to put in place to ensure this does not happen anymore?

With that, and as I say I completely accept the left is complicit in what has been uncovered, but this afternoon's thread has, in parts, put me right off.

Truth hurt?
    Unfair
    Why? He has said that the left is complicit then gets upset when groups such as the Labour Party and the BBC are blamed, or abused as he claims. I think it's the victims that were abused, not the institutions he mentioned.

All those guilty of covering this disgusting stuff up should be blamed, including those groups who constantly play the race card to stifle debate. That would include the BBC, the Labour Party and many others, all crippled by political correctness.

It seems the do gooders have done bad, very bad and I hope they can now admit their mistakes.

I'm sorry if SO feels he have to leave for a while, but the truly sickening posts are the ones that Socrates suffered, not random posts that merely point out the reality of what has gone on.
    I'd say SO is much like you WC boy made good, it;s just he's drawn different conclusions from it than you. He is one of the few lefties who is prepared to a tleast have a reasoned argument about stuff and challenge righties opinions. And yes sometimes he does throw in a bit of wind-up at the other side but then we all do - apart from malcolmG obviously who's just a bit of a southern softie.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,892

"Roger, your comment about Socrates was not acceptable, no more future repeats of this"

Ponder this. Whenever there is a sexual outrage involving an ethnic minority we have screeds of indignation from Socrates and others and the thoughts of Enoch from Isam.

Most of the interesting posters just slip away and leave this prurient borderline racist drooling to the usual suspects.

Being dark or Asian or Black or Irish doesn't make you a rapist and those trying to make a connection in order to cash in on their prejudices just leave me cold.

So like Southam Observer I'll also take my leave and just crawl back under my French rock (copyright Richard Tyndall)

• Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

Socrates said:

This is about Child A who was 12 years old:

She was associating with a group of older Asian men and possibly taking drugs. She disclosed having had intercourse with five adults. Two of the adults received police cautions after admitting to the Police that they had intercourse with Child A. Child A continued to go missing and was at high risk of sexual exploitation. A child protection case conference was held. It was agreed by all at the conference that Child A should be registered. However, the CID (criminal investigation department) representative argued against the category of sexual abuse being used because he thought that Child A had been ‘100% consensual in every incident’.

That's also an important point, in addition to the other issues raised here and elsewhere. Because pre-16 sex is more commonplace than we like to think, I suspect the police in some areas have slipped into the practice of thinking that if under-age consent is given, that means it's more or less OK, though I'm amazed that it's still seen as OK at age 12 (apparently the age of consent in some countries, e.g. Spain). I wonder, too, whether there isn't an element of prejudice here too - police officers thinking "that's what chavs do". The law, though, is quite unequivocal - children under 16 are not considered capable of giving consent, so most such cases should be treated as rape (though exceptions are made when the couple are much the same age). If the police in some areas in practice think differently, then they do indeed need training. I think that was a factor in the Saville business too - sub-16 children apparently consenting to what the famous man was up to, and people thinking well, that's what groupies do.

Clearly that doesn't begin to explain why actual rape of unwilling victims was not pursued, but we need to look at how victims are seen as well as how perpetrators are seen - it looks as though there were very serious breaches of decent or even legal behaviour in both respects. And we need to see a full assessment of the role played by everyone involved and prosecutions brought where appropriate, regardless of who it is.

Very impressed that you managed to get through that without mentioning who the perpetrators are.

What a shock.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,758
    Roger said:

"Roger, your comment about Socrates was not acceptable, no more future repeats of this"

Ponder this. Whenever there is a sexual outrage involving an ethnic minority we have screeds of indignation from Socrates and others and the thoughts of Enoch from Isam.

Most of the interesting posters just slip away and leave this prurient borderline racist drooling to the usual suspects.

Being dark or Asian or Black or Irish doesn't make you a rapist and those trying to make a connection in order to cash in on their prejudices just leave me cold.

So like Southam Observer I'll also take my leave and just crawl back under my French rock (copyright Richard Tyndall)

Roger,

think of it like a big demo, if you walk away the other side have won.

• Options
    NinoinozNinoinoz Posts: 1,312

There is no doubt in my mind that these vile men exploited a climate of political correctness to commit their disgusting crimes and that political correctness played a large part in allowing them to get away with it for so long. Undoubtedly, it has happened elsewhere too. Whether we on the left like it or not, we helped to create that environment - either directly by promoting it and brooking no argument or by not doing enough to counter it. If that means Labour councils and MPs being voted out of power, so be it. They will deserve what they get. Additionally, there does seem to be a train of thought in some moslem communities in this country which excuses or even condones predatory sexual behaviour, rape and forced prostitution just so long as the girls/women concerned are not themselves from those communities. That is repulsive. Again, it does no-one any good to deny it.

As we have seen, child abuse in Britain is long-standing and until recently the general tendency of the authorities has been to turn a blind eye, whoever the perpetrators are. Generally speaking, outside of familial/friendship circle abuse, the victims tend to be extremely vulnerable and on the margins of society. That's why an over-arching enquiry is necessary. What processes do we need to put in place to ensure this does not happen anymore?

With that, I am taking a break from PB for a while. Some of the posts on here today - not all, but some - have been truly sickening, with people scarcely interested in doing anything other than using the horrible crimes in Rotherham and elsewhere as a pretext to abuse individuals, nationalities, the BBC, political parties and whole religions. I enjoy posting on here and exchanging views with those whose way of looking at the world I do not share, and as I say I completely accept the left is complicit in what has been uncovered, but this afternoon's thread has, in parts, put me right off.

Don't worry mate, you'll become accustomed to it.

Take the word of a Catholic on this one.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    South Yorks Cops - society is to blame.

http://www.southyorks.police.uk/news-syp/police-response-independent-inquiry-cse-rotherham

Latest webpage update.
This discussion has been closed.