Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New culture secretary Sajid Javid now 33-1 for next CON lea

SystemSystem Posts: 11,700
edited April 2014 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New culture secretary Sajid Javid now 33-1 for next CON leader

There’s no doubt that ex-banker, Sajid Javid, is one of the most able CON MPs to be elected at GE2010 but the big surprise is the Cameron has replaced Miller with a man. At one stage this morning you could have got 3/1 against that eventuality.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,563
    edited April 2014
    33/1 is an excellent price

I'm delighted that the someone from a Pakistani Muslim background is doing well.

I just hope the party of Phil Woolas behaves themselves.

Can't call him a toff, the son of an immigrant bus driver.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,986
    ?
  • Options
    dyedwooliedyedwoolie Posts: 7,786
    edited April 2014

I'm delighted that the someone from a Pakistani Muslim background is doing well.

Fat chance, they can't help themselves
    Like to see what the kippers make of it all.
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    edited April 2014
    FPT
    RodCrosby said:

Mick_Pork said:

Iain ‏@Iain_33 5m

Nicky Morgan is only Minister for Women, Sajid Javid keeps the equalities part of the brief

Um, surely that's discriminatory!
    Well Morgan looks to be a 'big society' Cameroon while Sayid is an out and out Osbrownite. So it seems fair enough. ;)
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,618
    I really thought they would go for Esther McVey and bring Liz Truss in to replace her at the DSS.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,988
    edited April 2014

Doesn't he speak with a vaguely American accent?

EDIT: Not a pejorative comment, just wondered if he did or it was my hearing
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    Sorry to go off-topic, but anyone interested in the EU should take a look at the Brexit prize entry (I posted the link near the end of the previous thread).
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815

Studied PE at Exeter.

Should be fit for the job.

• Options
    My favourite CON leader bet at the moment has to be the lay I've done on Osborne at a ridiculous 5-1.
  • Options
    Perhaps Cam has a line to take to shoot the problems with women fox
  • Options
    On topic: That's a very fast promotion, but he's undoubtedly a talented guy.
  • Options

Gerald Batten will make him sign a register and well former City of London and Dulwich chap Farage can't make much of Sajid's personal and banking background
  • Options
    isam said:

Doesn't he speak with a vaguely American accent?

EDIT: Not a pejorative comment, just wondered if he did or it was my hearing
    IIRC he worked in New York, so could have picked up an accent.
  • Options
    Let's hope the highest paid employee in the history of the tory party behaves himself.

Political Scrapbook ‏@PSbook Feb 17

From earlier >> Lynton Crosby's plan to ignore those "f***ing Muslims" during Tory election campaign http://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/02/lynton-crosby-still-plans-to-ignore-fing-muslims-during-election/
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    He makes for a good poster. We have yet to see whether he makes for a good politician.

On that basis, 33/1 is a good price but a real gamble.
  • Options

Gerald Batten will make him sign a register and well former City of London and Dulwich chap Farage can't make much of Sajid's personal and banking background
    Clever move actually. Anyone banging on about women problems can be shown to be opposing the promotion of a Muslim with great ability.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Ah well a box is ticked somewhere so at least someone will have to get off the offended bus.

Fatties will be appalled that their representation in the cabinet is diminished.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

You think Cammie will call the kippers "fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists" again?
    A bold master strategy indeed.
  • Options
    Could he break the rule that bald politicians are crap?
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Ah well a box is ticked somewhere so at least someone will have to get off the offended bus.

Fatties will be appalled that their representation in the cabinet is diminished.

The Pickler takes up all their quota.
    He'd make a great Batman villain, The Pickler
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    MaxPB said:

I really thought they would go for Esther McVey and bring Liz Truss in to replace her at the DSS.

Arguably if you replaced Miller with a woman people would say "she's just been promoted because she's a woman".

Sajid's a clever choice - talented and recognised as such, good backstory, helps with perception issue, etc, etc.
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

You think Cammie will call the kippers "fruitcakes, loonies and closet racists" again?
    He's sees a spade.....
  • Options

TGOHF said:

The Pickler is likely still in the doghouse after his floods 'triumph'.

Mihai Scorobete ‏@MihaiScorobete Feb 10

Fury as Pickles says aid abroad stops floods here: Minister claims cash helps in battle against global warming http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2555438/Fury-Pickles-says-aid-abroad-stops-floods-Minister-claims-cash-helps-battle-against-global-warming.html
  • Options
    I note how the resignations and appointments always seem to be done on a wednesday - iirc the last one was too.

A deliberate ploy to wrongfoot Miliband for PMQs or coincidence ?
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    "In fact, there was a personal visit to Maria Miller last night in which someone close to the prime minister told her the game was up. "- See more at: http://blogs.channel4.com/gary-gibbon-on-politics/maria-miller-jump-discreetly-pushed/28039#sthash.ijmagWHx.dpuf

Who was it wielded Dave's dagger? Possibly Voldemort Lansley before he went on Newsnight?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,061
    I'm fairly interested in politics, and although I'd heard of Javid and seen him talk a few times, I didn't really know anything about him. I guess I'm going to have to read up a little on him...
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

TGOHF said:

The Pickler is likely still in the doghouse after his floods 'triumph'.

Mihai Scorobete ‏@MihaiScorobete Feb 10

Fury as Pickles says aid abroad stops floods here: Minister claims cash helps in battle against global warming http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2555438/Fury-Pickles-says-aid-abroad-stops-floods-Minister-claims-cash-helps-battle-against-global-warming.html
    That's the thing with Batman villains, they always come back again
  • Options

Please stop this misrepresentation of the Muslim Charter idea. As far as I can gather, it was never intended as something that individual muslims were going to be rounded up and forced to sign, but for spokesmen for groups claiming to represent muslims to publicly declare they were anti jihadist. Seems to me it would be something that could help strained relations.

If I were working in Iraq as a spokesmen for Christians and was asked to sign something saying I thought the Blair/Bush war was wrong I'd have no problem at all with it, especially if it reassured the local muslims we weren't all murdering warmongers
  • Options

Mick_Pork said:

He's sees a spade.....
    He grabs it and keeps digging? I don't think his judgement is looking too spectacular today of all days. Nor do I expect Cammie to repeat that line any time soon with the kippers very far indeed from their 2010 3.1%
  • Options

"In fact, there was a personal visit to Maria Miller last night in which someone close to the prime minister told her the game was up. "- See more at: http://blogs.channel4.com/gary-gibbon-on-politics/maria-miller-jump-discreetly-pushed/28039#sthash.ijmagWHx.dpuf

Who was it wielded Dave's dagger? Possibly Voldemort Lansley before he went on Newsnight?

Who will rid me of this turbulent Hog?
  • Options
    Charles said:

MaxPB said:

Arguably if you replaced Miller with a woman people would say "she's just been promoted because she's a woman".

Sajid's a clever choice - talented and recognised as such, good backstory, helps with perception issue, etc, etc.
    Absolutely agree about Javid. Exceptionally talented and it helps a lot with Tory fortunes in minority groups to have a non-white person at the top table.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    Psst. Javid was a banker before he entered politics. Now, in the hierarchy of silly prejudices does being an ex-banker (rich, out of touch, out for his mates etc. etc.) outweigh being the comprehensive school educated son of an immigrant bus driver? Some people are going to tie themselves in knots trying to align their prejudices to this fellow.
  • Options
    Charles said:

MaxPB said:

Early on the last thread I recommended the DCMS be transferred to the Treasury to enable George to sort it out:

VAT at 20% on newspaper sales; a forensic examination into tax evasion and off-shoring of profits by the proprietors; privatisation of Channel 4 and the BBC; and, press regulation subject to a newly formalised Court of Public Opinion.

Absent that solution, putting George's protegé from the Treasury in charge is the next best thing.

Time to look more closely at the BBC's financials.
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

He's sees a spade.....
    He grabs it and keeps digging? I don't think his judgement is looking too spectacular today of all days. Nor do I expect Cammie to repeat that line any time soon with the kippers very far indeed from their 2010 3.1%
    Probably not, although the one in eight will surely do their own research at some point and work out they are voting for an empty vessel. Be interesting to see who Farage stumps up to be economic spokesman, culture spokesman etc etc

We're making plans for Nigel
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Javid on QT with Farage, Simon Hughes, Natalie Bennett & Luciana Berger

He looks a bit like Morph/Ray Wilkins!

He doesn't have an American accent, I was wrong there.. just says "udder" for "other" etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3aVlEV9IVE

• Options
    Off-topic:

An interesting article on how Toyota are replacing some robots with human workers:
    http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2014/04/suck-it-robots-toyota-is-giving-jobs-back-to-humans/

I can sort of understand why they're doing this, and it will be small scale, but it's interesting nonetheless.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

I'm fairly interested in politics, and although I'd heard of Javid and seen him talk a few times, I didn't really know anything about him. I guess I'm going to have to read up a little on him...

His background is pretty extraordinary for a Tory cabinet minister (or indeed any cabinet minister):

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2014/04/sajid-javid-how-i-became-a-conservative/

• Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,927
    FPT Morris Dancer, what your friend probably meant was that being an Anglican is in no way incompatible with being an atheist. Bishop Jack Spong, and Rev. Don Cuppitt are examples.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

EXTREMELY 'brave' appointment considering what that report details about Javid's christmas dining habits. Oh my. This could be even more amusing than Hunt.
  • Options

Psst. Javid was a banker before he entered politics. Now, in the hierarchy of silly prejudices does being an ex-banker (rich, out of touch, out for his mates etc. etc.) outweigh being the comprehensive school educated son of an immigrant bus driver? Some people are going to tie themselves in knots trying to align their prejudices to this fellow.

After being an ethnic minority in London who was a Tory, experience tells me Sajid will get called an Uncle Tom.

(From 2008, by Yasmin Alibhai-Brown)

Almost more depressing is the sight of black and Asian Britons following the wind blowing the Tories to victory. Boris has recruited Afro Caribbean "leaders" who believe in physical chastisement and smart young Asians who deny the existence of racism and want an end to political correctness. The more old-fashioned Uncle Toms and their female equivalents are now expediently making themselves known to the Tories and right-wing think tanks.

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/centreright/2008/06/yasmin-alibhai.html
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

FPT Morris Dancer, what your friend probably meant was that being an Anglican is in no way incompatible with being an atheist. Bishop Jack Spong, and Rev. Don Cuppitt are examples.

As Sir Humphrey said, ""The bench of bishops should have a proper balance between those who believe in God and those who don't."
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

He's sees a spade.....
    He won't repeat it.

The maths, though is simple.

I'm willing to bet that 1.5% of UKIP's voting support is from fruitcakes and loonies. I'm sure the same goes for the other parties as well.

When UKIP's support is 3% then nearly half the parties are fruitcakes. When it is 15% then it is only a tenth of their support.
  • Options
    A spectator article written on Sunday...

"Why Javid Could End Up At The Top Of The Tory Tree"

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2014/03/why-sajid-javid-could-end-up-at-the-top-of-the-tory-tree/
  • Options
    PMQs This should be delightful.

*chortle*
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,927

After being an ethnic minority in London who was a Tory, experience tells me Sajid will get called an Uncle Tom.

Almost more depressing is the sight of black and Asian Britons following the wind blowing the Tories to victory. Boris has recruited Afro Caribbean "leaders" who believe in physical chastisement and smart young Asians who deny the existence of racism and want an end to political correctness. The more old-fashioned Uncle Toms and their female equivalents are now expediently making themselves known to the Tories and right-wing think tanks.

It's one area where there's a strange coincidence of views between racists and professional anti-racists. Ethnic minorities have to be very left wing.

• Options
    edited April 2014

Ah, but he was at Chase in Singapore. Doing God's work, don't you know. Not one of those nasty bankers in the City
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Meanwhile, I always welcome someone who sees the error of their ways:

http://nottspolitics.org/2014/04/09/polling-observatory-35-march-2014-politics-fast-and-slow/

"The Conservatives’ renewed strength in the polls may owe something to a well-received budget from George Osborne, but when we take a longer view it becomes apparent that this latest narrowing is in fact the a continuation of a very gradual trend that has been proceeding, in stop-start fashion, for more than a year."

It's not like some of us haven't noticed this before now.
  • Options
    Ed missing an open goal here.
  • Options
    James Brian Hellwig has died.

You may have remembered him better as "The Ultimate Warrior" from WWF/(E). Remember him giving me fun and entertainment when he fought Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania VI.

One of wrestling's best showmen. RIP.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

It's one area where there's a strange coincidence of views between racists and professional anti-racists. Ethnic minorities have to be very left wing.

Indeed. It's other minorities that try and keep everyone in line voting for Labour. So much pressure from the "community" to vote to the left.
  • Options
    Dave in effortless cruise control.

Ed puttering around and furiously back-firing.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @IanDunt: Cameron actually has the upper hand here. Ludicrous.

@taxbod: Millibland at PMQs. Like Diana Ross taking a penalty. #pmqs
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

He's sees a spade.....
    Probably not, although the one in eight will surely do their own research at some point and work out they are voting for an empty vessel. Be interesting to see who Farage stumps up to be economic spokesman, culture spokesman etc etc

We're making plans for Nigel
    By "plans" do you mean an Osbrowne master strategy?

Farage has one person in particular to thank for kickstarting the kippers off of 5% to where they are now. Step forward Osbrowne and his omnishambles.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/UK_opinion_polling_2010-2015.png

Osbrowne's certainly going to be remembered for that if the kippers don't start crashing down towards sub 5% very soon.
  • Options
    Red faced bluster from Cammie but little Ed is dropping into mockney speak amusingly enough. From muppets and dunces to this.
  • Options
    @GeneralBoles: Oh no, Miliband's missed it #pmqs http://t.co/TaaqZP5Gve
  • Options
    First time that I watched PMQs for a while. How the hell did Ed not score there? Dave somehow shifted from his judgement failure to Ed being weak.
  • Options
    @tombradby: Ed Miliband has been reasonably impressive in PMQs this year, but he faced an open goal today and, honestly, failed to score.
  • Options
    Ed: 3
    Cameron: 8
    Parliament: -5

Ed was utterly hopeless, but not as bad as the honourable? members..
  • Options
    @IanDunt: Snap verdict: Cameron 2 Miliband 1. Labour leader over-enthusiastic. The opportunities offered him by Maria Miller have been wasted #PMQs
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,003
    Mr. F, bah. I was quite clear (to him) on my religious perspective, and I've never been a 'social' Christian (I've only attended church when forced to by one school or other).

Archbishop Morris Dancer
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Tell me about it.
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    Guardian: "Snap PMQs Verdict: Cameron got the better of Miliband because the Miliband charge about Cameron not "getting it" did not stick but Cameron's claim about Miliband being opportunistic did."
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,894
    edited April 2014
    Thought both Cameron and Milliband were terrible today.

Milliband's "hollier than thou" behavior didn't ring true after so many Labour MP's being put in jail for expense's fiddling...

And Cameron know's he's played this one badly, I think.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    I think Ed is the only person I know who faced with playing political poker loses a hand when the PM is showing him his own cards !!

Bizarre.
  • Options
    Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 8m

Best EdM comeback in a while at PMQs :"It's my job to fire ministers in his Cabinet?". Even Tory Mps looked uneasy at that one

Cam finally spots trap. Say he's not saying Miller did nothing wrong...

Paul Waugh ‏@paulwaugh 13m

Strong show of support for Sajid Javid, putting him on frontbench just along from Cam for PMQs

Hardly the 'triumph' the Cameroons are pretending but muppet and dunceworthy on both sides all the same.
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    @Richard_Nabavi

Thanks for answering my questions, and kudos for doing so. Again, one by one:

In order:

- Because she had, as she herself discovered, inadvertently failed to adjust her claim when interest rates fell,. She corrected this mistake as soon as she discovered it, and immediately paid back the inadvertent over-claim. Both the standards commissioner and the Commitee accepted that this was an honest mistake. I imagine you are not suggesting that she, alone of all MPs in a similar position, should have resigned over that? If so, why her particularly?

As I understand it, and please correct me if I'm wrong, this mistake was only "discovered" when she was investigated for the alleged abuse of expenses. So it's not like she independently realised her error and immediately paid it back. She was asked to hand over documents, and realised she was caught, so then admitted to it as she handed the documents in.

I certainly don't think she alone of MPs should have resigned over this sort of thing. I think there should have been mass resignations of MPs after the expense scandal came out.

- Why should she keep irrelevant records of over ten years ago, before she was an MP? Oh, and you've managed smear her for claiming '99.9%' of the entitlement. (Did you invent this figure?). That was the system at the time: MPs were asked to produce claims up to but not exceeding the maximum.

It is my understanding there were missing records from all over the place, including the time she was an MP. Is there some place you can refer me to that the only missing records were when she was in her previous job?

My 99.9% claim is from this line in a Telegraph article: "Between 2005 and 2009, she claimed £90,718, which was only £115 less than the total amount she could have claimed"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mps-expenses/10729984/Maria-Miller-to-have-to-repay-thousands-of-pounds-and-apologise-over-expenses-claims.html

I am not criticizing her for the amount claimed. Merely pointing out that someone who is maximising their expense claim to that amount is generally very organised with respect to their finances. It thus seems highly implausible that records would not have been kept.
  • Options

- That is a perfect example of a nasty witch-hunting smear. You set some impossible and irrelevant test, and then castigate her for not carrying it out. The standards commissioner (whose judgement you are so keen to accept when it suits your prejudice) rejected the complain that there was anything wrong in her designation of principal residence, and that was fully accepted by the committee.

I do not see what is witch-hunting about it. It seems extremely implausible that our of four people that she trusted enough to look after her children, she was unable to track one down. Seeing that they could say which house she was usually living in, it thus seems extremely suspicious. Given that the Standards Commissioner does not have the legal authority to compel witnesses to attend, it's not clear what else he could have done, other than accept Miller's claims at her word. This is not something where the high requirements of judicial standards should find her guilty, but it seems like very poor behaviour on her part.

- She did behave badly during the investigation, as I have repeatedly agreed, and as is generally accepted. That was why the Committee, very fairly, criticised her and told her to apologise to the House, which she did. If your argument were that, on this ground alone, she should have gone further and resigned, you'd have an arguable case.

I would actually say that she should have resigned on this alone. So it seems we're not far from disagreement here. While lawmakers should not legally have to co-operate with the authorities any more than the rest of us, the moral standards of ministerial office should expect them to. Thus Cameron should have sacked her for this alone. He doesn't seem to think she's done anything wrong however.
  • Options

- It was not her, but her aide, who raised the question of the Telegraph journalist doorstepping her elderly and sick parents - exactly the kind of behaviour Leveson was about. I accept that this might have been unwise.

We have one proven case of her aide bringing it up, but it also appears that a No 10 aide, Craig Oliver, also did this:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/dec/12/maria-miller-conservatives

This should make clear it was a deliberate strategy to intimidate the press. I have to say, this is making me reconsider my previous support for the Leveson recommendations. As for the "doorstepping", this was the journalist ringing on the door once, when they did not know her grandparents were elderly and sick. I find much of the behaviour of journalists appalling, but this attempt to play the victim over a simple inquiry is laughable. There is no credible evidence of any harassment of her parents or children.

I must say, I do find it ironic, that you - someone who claims to be really concerned about civil liberties - seem to completely lose all sense of traditional English fairness and objectivity when it comes to this case.

Again, this is one of these convictions you have that comes out when people disagree with you. If you can produce facts that contradict some of my claims I will withdraw them. I'm very prepared to be fair and objective to people I oppose politically. In just the last thread I defended Ed Miliband against one of the major charges against him. I've also attacked Nigel Farage recently for views I disagree with. I believe I have a much stronger record of being objective on a case by case basis, rather than always backing up one side, as you do.
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Best EdM comeback in a while at PMQs :"It's my job to fire ministers in his Cabinet?". Even Tory Mps looked uneasy at that one

Strong show of support for Sajid Javid, putting him on frontbench just along from Cam for PMQs

Hardly the 'triumph' the Cameroons are pretending but muppet and dunceworthy on both sides all the same.

A wide range of opinion quoted there Porker - more jaw jaw - less Waugh Waugh from you thanks.
  • Options
    Just for balance

Matthew Barrett ‏@MBarrettCH 6m

Awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful awful from Cameron #pmqs
  • Options
    @steverichards14: Cameron shows strong, principled leadership in not instantly sacking a minister and at PMQs daring to defend integrity of this Parliament.
  • Options
    Big Ben ‏@big_ben_clock 19m

BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG BONG
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

Mr. F, bah. I was quite clear (to him) on my religious perspective, and I've never been a 'social' Christian (I've only attended church when forced to by one school or other).

Archbishop Morris Dancer

I don't think you could make Archbishop, Mr. D., though I always have thought young Dr Sunil was cut out for a solid career in the CofE, the only thing that would have held him back is that he doesn't like cricket.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Mick_Pork said:

A wide range of opinion quoted there Porker - more jaw jaw - less Waugh Waugh from you thanks.
    Bit feeble to shriek just because you prefer your tweeters Harold. Fact is they were both crap.
  • Options
    Joey Jones ‏@joeyjonessky 7m

Not a great outing from either leader. Neither on strong territory. Tentative from @Ed_Miliband, PM trying to make best of bad job.
  • Options
    @Morris_Dancer wrote :

"Mr. F, bah. I was quite clear (to him) on my religious perspective, and I've never been a 'social' Christian (I've only attended church when forced to by one school or other).

Archbishop Morris Dancer"

Will no one rid us of this turbulent wiffle sticker ?
  • Options
    @alstewitn: @patrickwintour The statistics & demographics on expenses abuse are not with @Ed_Miliband & @LabourParty
  • Options
    Mr. Llama, if Blackadder can become Archbishop then so can I!
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,563
    edited April 2014

You could be the Bishop of Bath & Wells if you replaced your wiffle stick with a red hot poker
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Paddys are 25/1 Labour (and, less interestingly, imo) 33/1 UKIP in Basingstoke.

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/conlist_a_b.html#Basingstoke
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,894
    Cameron's "bandwagon" jibe reminded me of Tony Blair. We used to hear that a lot when he was up against William Hague.

What goes around comes around....
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited April 2014

You could be the Bishop of Bath & Wells if you replaced your wiffle stick with a red hot poker
    Morris Dancer - colossal pervert. Not seeing it myself...
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

TGOHF said:

Mick_Pork said:

Bit feeble to shriek just because you prefer your tweeters Harold. Fact is they were both crap.
    Calling it a draw is the first refuge of the loser.
  • Options
    Ron Moore MP ‏@RonMooreMoreRon 3m

Ed Balls sneakily gave Cameron the finger there when he praised him for running marathon.

Good Christ. No wonder the public get so hugely f**ing pissed off at MPs expenses scandals.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Mick_Pork said:

TGOHF said:

Mick_Pork said:

Patrick O'Flynn ‏@oflynndirector 56s

I'd say that PMQs was a 3-0 win to UKIP - and we weren't even there! #LibLabCon
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, I get mistaken for a Conservative enough as it is. If I start eating babies *everyone* will think I'm one.
  • Options
    Anorak said:

The signs are all there.

The dressing up, the wiffle stick.
  • Options
    @IanDunt: Labour MPs now asking same Q over & over again, pointlessly. No mention of gay marriage angle. They're as sharp as a wooden spoon #PMQs
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, nothing speaks of sexual normalcy more than a man dressing up in lace and waving his wiffle stick around in public.
  • Options
    Sounds like they were both crap.
  • Options
    isam said:

TGOHF said:

Mick_Pork said:

TGOHF said:

Mick_Pork said:

Patrick O'Flynn ‏@oflynndirector 56s

I'd say that PMQs was a 3-0 win to UKIP - and we weren't even there! #LibLabCon
    And not likely to be either ....

• Options
    Looks like Andrea Leadsom is joining the treasury.

If correct, then huzzah.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,371
    Would it be fair to say that Ed's heart was just not in it today? Labour have notably soft pedalled this case through out and I think they are still about uncomfortable about it. So rather than focus on the conduct relating to the resignation he tried to make it about leadership and judgement. More difficult territory for him.

I am not sure that this was quite the open goal some described it as. It might have been had there been no resignation this morning but the steam came out at that point and Ed was left with a deflated ball to kick.

Not saying he might not have done that better. Just that it was not as easy as some seemed to have assumed.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621

Anorak said:

The signs are all there.

The tinkling sounds you can hear are the scales falling from my eyes. You forgot the bizarre obsession with prodigiously-sized haddock, too.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Tell me about it.
    It's a very unpleasant mentality that the colour of your skin should mean your political views should be judged differently than anyone else.
  • Options

Looks like Andrea Leadsom is joining the treasury.

If correct, then huzzah.

If so - yes, excellent.
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Anorak said:

The signs are all there.

The tinkling sounds you can hear are the scales falling from my eyes. You forgot the bizarre obsession with prodigiously-sized haddock, too.
    Yes, it is an excuse for smelling of fish

*innocent face*
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Mick_Pork said:

TGOHF said:

Mick_Pork said:

LOL

Poor old Harold. Must be trying to be such an obsequious Cameroon today. Little Ed couldn't make it stick, was very funny indeed when he started trying to speak in mockney, but if you think that somehow made Cammie's bluster convincing then you really don't have a clue.
  • Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    No Morris - you are a Tory because you support a Tory government and are voting Tory at the election. It's really that simple!
  • Options

Could he break the rule that bald politicians are crap?

Like Winston Churchill?
This discussion has been closed.