Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Shots fired at Trump – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• LeonLeon Posts: 52,701
    I imagine most of PB does not follow Trumpite Twitter. I do. I also follow left wing American Twitter at equal weight. So you get both sides. That’s how to use Twitter, unless you are a fucking sheep

Trumpite twitter has, for at least a year, been predicting assassination attempts on Trump. “They’ve tried to destroy his business, they’re trying to put him in prison, now they will try to kill him, because those have failed”

That is what they have been predicting. And now it has happened. Make of that that you will. Was it a false flag? Was it mad liberals on drugs? Maybe it was a prank gone wrong?

Whatever the case this richly feeds the most extreme trumpite conspiracy memes, and could ease Trump to victory. And the rhetoric of democrats is partly to blame at least

I do wonder if it might be the Chinese. What a perfect way to poison American democracy
  • Big_IanBig_Ian Posts: 67
    Oh god, talk about living in interesting times..
  • glwglw Posts: 9,792

ABC News spreading doubt if it was actually gunshot at all.

The facts will barely matter. Social media on both sides has already gone full moonbat.
  • Good night.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,200
    Nunu5 said:

I'm not convinced Trump is guaranteed a win now.

The country is deeply polarised

It makes the whole Biden/Harris decision even more convoluted than it was hitherto.
  • DumbosaurusDumbosaurus Posts: 656
    glw said:

The facts will barely matter. Social media on both sides has already gone full moonbat.
    If the audio is accurate there is no way that was a pellet gun.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 79,962
    NBC are showing a load of photos from the scene and loads of ionic photos...I am sure Trump won't be wanting to use them.....
    Leon said:

I imagine most of PB does not follow Trumpite Twitter. I do. I also follow left wing American Twitter at equal weight. So you get both sides. That’s how to use Twitter, unless you are a fucking sheep

Trumpite twitter has, for at least a year, been predicting assassination attempts on Trump. “They’ve tried to destroy his business, they’re trying to put him in prison, now they will try to kill him, because those have failed”

That is what they have been predicting. And now it has happened. Make of that that you will. Was it a false flag? Was it mad liberals on drugs? Maybe it was a prank gone wrong?

Whatever the case this richly feeds the most extreme trumpite conspiracy memes, and could ease Trump to victory. And the rhetoric of democrats is partly to blame at least

I do wonder if it might be the Chinese. What a perfect way to poison American democracy

Or the Russians?
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 50,452
    At least one person in the crowd got shot in the head:

https://x.com/jakemrosen/status/1812264826498081212
  • Nunu5Nunu5 Posts: 947
    Andy_JS said:

Nunu5 said:

I'm not convinced Trump is guaranteed a win now.

The country is deeply polarised

It makes the whole Biden/Harris decision even more convoluted than it was hitherto.
    There will be about 1000 more twists and turns before November.
  • Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,842
    Teddy Roosevelt was shot during the 1912 presidential campaign. He gave his 90 minute speech anyway, while bleeding from his wound. He still lost to Woodrow Wilson.

Jeez. Yeah. That’s not a pellet gun

That’s apparently an assassination attempt. Looks like Trump was incredibly lucky??
    Leon said:

Why would it ease his path? All those people were going to vote for him anyway.
  • FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,527
    Leon said:

Will this switch independents to Trump? I'm not convinced.
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,294
    Barnesian said:

Floater said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

I doubt very much it's a false flag. At the same time, if it's a pellet gun, then I doubt the shooter can possibly have expected to kill Trump.

A pellet gun hit to the head or the heart could be very serious for a man in his late 70s
    He certainly looked to be in shock
    He cursed F*** three times as he shook his fist.
    Apparently he shouted Fight, Fight, Fight. I got the F bit.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 77,376

What planet are they on ????

Good night.

See you tomorrow Horse.
    It was not a “pellet gun”

“Butler county district attorney Richard Goldinger tells me Trump was grazed by gunfire but is safe. An audience member was killed and the shooter is dead. Another person is in serious condition, the prosecutor said.”

WaPo
    edited July 13
    What type of gun sounds like firecrackers? That was the description given by an eyewitness.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,876
    edited July 13

Teddy Roosevelt was shot during the 1912 presidential campaign. He gave his 90 minute speech anyway, while bleeding from his wound. He still lost to Woodrow Wilson.

In 1912, nobody other than the people at the speech, would have seen what happened.

They say a picture paints a thousand words and as @williamglenn has quite rightly pointed out the images of a blooded Trump, alive and defiant after surviving an assassination attempt, with the American flag behind him, will be iconic.

That image alone, wins him the White House, IMO.
  • Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,842
    edited July 13
    The Congressional shooting in 2017 had few political consequences, though perhaps it should have, given that the shooter was a Bernie Sanders supporter.

(For the record: I have not mentioned my worries about assassination attempts publicly here, or elsewhere, since I did not want to take a small chance that I would enourage some extremist, nut, or extremist nut.)
    What about someone linked to Iran?
  • kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 4,637
    Leon said:

Jeez. Yeah. That’s not a pellet gun

That’s apparently an assassination attempt. Looks like Trump was incredibly lucky??
    Sounds like a real gun to me - I don't know guns, but I do know directional mics, and a gunshot from a mic designed to pick up near sounds in a different direction would be muffled for obvious reasons.

In the main video clip you can see most of the crowd to the left of Trump looking to their left after the event, indicating the shooter was coming from that angle, and also a significant distance away - well over 20 metres. Handguns aren't really accurate at that distance even for experienced shooters, let alone a Travis Bickle wannabe. Much easier to hit the bullseye on a paper target at 20m than put rounds into a live human being while your adrenaline is pumping.

The first three shots heard in the audio are slow and irregular. The next four are immediate and rapid. If I was a betting man, I'd suggest the first three shots are the shooter, and the subsequent rapid shots are law enforcement.
    edited July 13
    Leon said:

It was not a “pellet gun”

“Butler county district attorney Richard Goldinger tells me Trump was grazed by gunfire but is safe. An audience member was killed and the shooter is dead. Another person is in serious condition, the prosecutor said.”

WaPo

The only thing is was thinking it could have been is in the US they sell these "weapons" that don't require a licence, can be transported across state lines and made mostly of plastic, which fire non-lethal rounds but are much more powerful than what we would think of as a pellet / bb gun. The idea is if somebody breaks in you can shot them and they aren't going anywhere but unlikely to kill them.

But this is America, if you want the real deal to do harm it is trivial to get one.
  • Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,644
    I am surprised it's taken them this long to try to kill him and am equally surprised they missed.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 120,806
    edited July 13
    GIN1138 said:

In 1912, nobody other than the people at the speech, would have seen what happened.

They say a picture paints a thousand words and as @williamglenn has quite rightly pointed out the images of a blooded Trump, alive and defiant after surviving an assassination attempt, with the American flag behind him, will be iconic.

For his core supporters yes.

Biden on the other hand will I am sure not be too downcast about being able to tell the media he phoned Trump to enquire about his health and wish him well as he recovers from his injuries
    Dura_Ace said:

I am surprised it's taken them this long to try to kill him and am equally surprised they missed.

Who's they?
    edited July 13
    The shooter was on a nearby rooftop, sniper style. Major security failure.

https://x.com/sharpfootball/status/1812265909727396107
    edited July 13
    HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

For his core supporters yes.

Biden on the other hand will I am sure not be too downcast about being able to tell the media he phoned Trump to enquire about his he health and wish him well as he recovers from his injuries
    Like Biden would even know how to use the phone 😂
    My god this is dark. I think Trump surely wins now (if he’s not killed). The Dems can keep Biden or go to Harris but it doesn’t matter

This will seal simpatico swing states in the USA

But what then?? Oh Lordy

In that case you would have thought someone behind Trump would have been hit, but they don't seem to have been.
    Andy_JS said:

Dura_Ace said:

Who's they?
    Plaid Cymru.
    Leon said:

My god this is dark. I think Trump surely wins now (if he’s not killed). The Dems can keep Biden or go to Harris but it doesn’t matter

But what then?? Oh Lordy

Democrats need to watch their reaction. If they seem to be cheering it on or getting upset that it failed Trumpites will use it as ammunition.

However I don't see how this wins him the election at all unless there's a conspiracy leading to the White House.
    edited July 13
    Labour launches cyber security crackdown on Russia and China after NHS hack

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/07/13/hackers-cyber-attacks-russian-chinese-london-hospitals/

Hopefully this isn't like last time when it ends up with a single job posting paying £50k a year.

amelia elizalde
    @ameliaelizalde
    biden: [clearing his throat for eight minutes] dr king has been shot

Leon said:

But what then?? Oh Lordy

Democrats need to watch their reaction. If they seem to be cheering it on or getting upset that it failed Trumpites will use it as ammunition.

However I don't see how this wins him the election at all unless there's a conspiracy leading to the White House.
    It might force them to back off some of their rhetoric implying that Trump must be stopped at all costs in order to save America.
  • EScrymgeourEScrymgeour Posts: 125
    Wait until his adrenaline rush is over to see how he is. Sometimes takes a while to see what the affects are on a person in the aftermath.
    Dura_Ace said:

Andy_JS said:

Dura_Ace said:

Who's they?
    Plaid Cymru.
    Thanks.
    edited July 13
    Eye witness now reporting one person got shot in the head and killed instantly. The eye witness is medical professional who went to attend to the victim. He is saying now saying a round grazed Trump ear which matches the pictures.

It is interesting that the guy sounds very sensible well spoken i.e. not your standard MAGA nutter.

Trump has got unbelievable lucky.
    edited July 13
    Leon said:

But what then?? Oh Lordy

Provided Biden plays it classy and condemns violence and wishes Trump a swift recovery it will make no difference by next weekend. Independents won't be swayed by it, it might fire up
    Trump's core vote even more
    ahead of the Republican
    convention but that is it.

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1812268165209928124

Video here of a dead shooter on a nearby roof. Also if you scroll down, a dead Trump supporter being carried out of the crowd from the stands. Usual disclaimers apply if you don't want to see such stuff.
    Apparently mebyon kernow, under their de facto leader Bert Biscoe, have claimed responsibility. Make of that what you will

It’s not their normal MO, to be frank. Normally they bake a batch of saffron buns, moan about buses, then plagiarise some Hebridean poetry. At their most extreme they might hurl clotted cream at a post office

BUT, younger members are more frustrated. I leave it at that
  • carnforthcarnforth Posts: 4,150
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,079

Eye witness now reporting one person got shot in the head and killed instantly. The eye witness is medical professional who went to attend to the victim. He is saying now saying a round grazed Trump ear which matches the pictures.

It is interesting that the guy sounds very sensible well spoken i.e. not your standard MAGA nutter.

Trump has got unbelievable lucky.

Yep.

And thank God he did.

This is bad, but can you imagine how bad it would be if Trump had actually been killed.

edited July 13
    Barack speaks

@BarackObama
    There is absolutely no place for political violence in our democracy. Although we don’t yet know exactly what happened, we should all be relieved that former President Trump wasn’t seriously hurt, and use this moment to recommit ourselves to civility and respect in our politics. Michelle and I are wishing him a quick recovery.
    edited July 13
    carnforth said:
    Lots of other stuff being posted by that twitter account now. Photo of the bleachers behind Trump, covered in blood where the supporter was shot and apparently killed. Aerial photo suggesting the sniper's position to the left of the stage, 125m away.

Will take a while for more detail to come out, but this is looking clearly like a serious and planned assassination attempt by a rooftop sniper who was subsequently taken out by law enforcement.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 59,534
    kyf_100 said:

carnforth said:
    Lots of other stuff being posted by that twitter account now. Photo of the bleachers behind Trump, covered in blood where the supporter was shot and apparently killed. Aerial photo suggesting the sniper's position to the left of the stage, 125m away.

Will take a while for more detail to come out, but this is looking clearly like a serious and planned assassination attempt by a rooftop sniper who was subsequently taken out by law enforcement.
    Wow, only a cm or so away. Trump got very lucky.
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 26,941

These images will be historic:

Whoever took that photo is in for a massive pay day.
    Contender for the best news photograph of recent times. Shot from below. Trump bloody and defiant. Shades of Iwo Jima with the flag in the background.
    edited July 13
    kyf_100 said:

carnforth said:

That twitter account is incredibly good at getting footage fast and things you don't see elsewhere. They do sterling work with Ukraine / Russia war.
    kyf_100 said:

carnforth said:

But a total failure of security to allow a sniper to be on a roof within sight of the former president.
    Obviously the Ukrainians. Qui bono? See also that big pipe thing.
    edited July 14
    Panic and stress doesn't the strange thing to people's brain...Trump, my shoes, my shoes....
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 26,941
    Floater said:

https://x.com/MerylKornfield/status/1812263916497506711

Butler county district attorney Richard Goldinger tells me Trump was grazed by gunfire but is safe. An audience member was killed and the shooter is dead. Another person is in serious condition, the prosecutor said.

The shooter taking potshots at the audience or the secret service spraying bullets around like a Middle Eastern wedding?
    GIN1138 said:

Barack speaks

@BarackObama
    There is absolutely no place for political violence in our democracy. Although we don’t yet know exactly what happened, we should all be relieved that former President Trump wasn’t seriously hurt, and use this moment to recommit ourselves to civility and respect in our politics. Michelle and I are wishing him a quick recovery.

Trump will hate getting get well soon messages from the Obamas and Bidens
    edited July 14

Floater said:

https://x.com/MerylKornfield/status/1812263916497506711

Butler county district attorney Richard Goldinger tells me Trump was grazed by gunfire but is safe. An audience member was killed and the shooter is dead. Another person is in serious condition, the prosecutor said.

The shooter taking potshots at the audience or the secret service spraying bullets around like a Middle Eastern wedding?
    The eye witness I mentioned below who was right there is very clear that it was the shooter not the secret service. The audience members got shot in the head before they hit Trump.

Panic and stress doesn't the strange thing to people's brain...Trump, my shoes, my shoes....

Similar to the way people often try to collect their bags when a plane is on fire instead of getting off as quickly as possible.
  • MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,593
    RobD said:

kyf_100 said:

carnforth said:

This is beyond luck. We must be in the only timeline where he walks away from this. Everyone else is watching the militias setting out car bombs.
    Vote Trump

The democrats are now more deranged and dangerous than the GOP - from their mental President down

Goodnight from Oppède le Vieux
    edited July 14

RobD said:

kyf_100 said:

carnforth said:

This is beyond luck. We must be in the only timeline where he walks away from this. Everyone else is watching the militias setting out car bombs.
    He turned his head further to the right just a split second before the first shot. If he hadn’t don’t that he would probably be dead.
    edited July 14
    The US media is quite unbelievable. CNN is now interviewing first responder guy (mentioned below), they asking him well which way will you vote now.....The guy has just seen some bodies brains been blow out and you are wondering if he is still thinking about voting for Trump.

To give him credit, his response was extremely good, balanced and well thought out.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 59,534
    edited July 14
    Andy_JS said:

Similar to the way people often try to collect their bags when a plane is on fire instead of getting off as quickly as possible.
    Perfectly rational. I like my stuff.
    edited July 14
    RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

I can TSE ensuring he gets his iPhone Max, iPhone Pro, iPad, iPad Air, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iPod, AppleTV before leaving....
    Classy from Biden, praying for Trump and his family and affirms no place for violence in the political arena

RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

I can TSE ensuring he gets his iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iPod, AppleTV on his way out....
    Have the iGoggles died a death already?
    edited July 14

RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

I can TSE ensuring he gets his iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iPod, AppleTV on his way out....
    Have the iGoggles died a death already?
    No, TSE would already have them strapped to his face....
    Aaron Rupar, the journalist most well-known for live tweeting Trump’s rallies, took the night off to watch Earth, Wind and Fire with his mum.

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1812238278516511080
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 41,463
    They should have waited till 20th July for reasons of resonance.

Let's hope the shooter owned his gun legally, otherwise that would be TERRIBLE.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 41,463

Aaron Rupar, the journalist most well-known for live tweeting Trump’s rallies, took the night off to watch Earth, Wind and Fire with his mum.

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1812238278516511080

Good alibi..
  • EabhalEabhal Posts: 7,772
    Hit by a rifle bullet in the ear. You don't get luckier than that.
    The Trump supporters waving "You're Fired" banners after he's been shot...
    edited July 14
    "Keir Starmer
    @Keir_Starmer

I am appalled by the shocking scenes at President Trump's rally and we send him and his family our best wishes.

Political violence in any form has no place in our societies and my thoughts are with all the victims of this attack.

1:15 AM · Jul 14, 2024
    30.2K Views"

https://x.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1812279718621716489
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 4,405
    Eabhal said:

Hit by a rifle bullet in the ear. You don't get luckier than that.

This isn't going to help his God complex.

I can't imagine being on Biden's security detail is going to be a very popular assignment now.

Events, Prime Minister...
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 51,528
    HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

Barack speaks

@BarackObama

Trump will hate getting get well soon messages from the Obamas and Bidens
    One from Hilary?
    edited July 14
    Its slightly weird how the media are avoiding the use of assassination attempt. Rather saying things like "shooting at Trump rally".
    Biden declines to call it an assassination attempt.

https://x.com/techno_fog/status/1812282103028973822

It is very strange this reluctance to use that term.

It was a mostly peaceful rally....
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 47,970

RobD said:

Andy_JS said:

I can TSE ensuring he gets his iPhone Max, iPhone Pro, iPad, iPad Air, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iPod, AppleTV before leaving....
    Why would he leave the iPad Pro behind?
    edited July 14
    The US media is quite incredible....CNN correspondent hypothesising well its could be a disgruntled former Trump supporter.

No wonder the US is full of conspiracy nutters.
  • DumbosaurusDumbosaurus Posts: 656

First Third and at risk of being tasteless to say - BE CAREFUL DOING ANYTHING ON BETFAIR CAUSE OF THIS - when he had 'vid they closed the market.

This is a political betting website. Let's talk political bets. So I think we can ignore this warning at this point. I kinda did already by laying 1.02 and trading out at 1.03 for republican nominee for a grand either side (so either £0 or £9.80 depending on what happens).

Now proper bets rather than silly ones - the market has shortened hugely on Trump's odds of presidency. I have laid a bunch at 1.52-1.53 but leaving my main powder dry for a much larger fading because these moves are hard to predict - you get an initial move and then often another one, but FOMO means I cannot keep myself away from the initial overreaction.

DYOR as always but I don't see why this, rationally considered, should be a pro Trump thing. I see the irrational argument though and I see why the market did this.

If Trump weren't so narcissistic, then I'd have kept my 1.02 lay as well. There's some chance he would pull out of course but it's not those odds.

I can't decide what this does to Biden but there's probably an opportunity there for someone smarter than me.
  • EScrymgeourEScrymgeour Posts: 125

Its slightly weird how the media are avoiding the use of assassination attempt. Rather saying things like "shooting at Trump rally".

Wolf Blitzer on CNN called it an assassination attempt.
    I was shot with a bullet that pierced the upper part of my right ear.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/112782066045321247
    edited July 14

Biden seemed fairly with it in that interview. Odd how his problems - whatever they are - are intermittent.
    This clip shows the photographer who took the iconic photos rushing to get into position after the shots were fired:

https://x.com/ronenv/status/1812282594584916108
    edited July 14

Biden seemed fairly with it in that interview. Odd how his problems - whatever they are - are intermittent.
    It happened during the debate. 30 minutes he was totally zombified, slack jawed, no clue what was going on, hardly able to speak, when he could, answered the wrong question. Then all of a sudden he kicked in to being much more lucid for 30-45 minutes, arguing over golf handicaps, then closing statement back to unable to articulate anything.

It was interesting that his big boy press conference the other day was delayed by 3hrs for no obvious reason. Also most of his "speeches" to media are no longer than 3-4 minutes. Could it be whatever is wrong comes and goes and they try as best to manage his appearance for a few minutes when he is on good form.
    "Sources with the Pennsylvania State Police are reporting that all of the Bullets fired at Former President Donald Trump appear to have Missed, and that the Injury on his Right Ear occurred as a result of Broken Glass from a Teleprompter which had Shattered on Stage."

Though the ear that was hit was facing towards the back of the state at the time and there was no obvious sound of shattering glass ... so who knows.

"Sources with the Pennsylvania State Police are reporting that all of the Bullets fired at Former President Donald Trump appear to have Missed, and that the Injury on his Right Ear occurred as a result of Broken Glass from a Teleprompter which had Shattered on Stage."

Though the ear that was hit was facing towards the back of the state at the time and there was no obvious sound of shattering glass ... so who knows.

Yes that theory seems to be wrong. Both teleprompters are fully intact after the shooting:

https://x.com/macaesbruno/status/1812284683629039969

Yes that theory seems to be wrong. Both teleprompters are fully intact after the shooting:

Twitter is going to go full conspiracy theories aren't they.....

When the Secret Service have messed up this spectacularly it's always going to be a disaster for the internet. Reddit is doing mass purges already.
    Apparently an AR-15 style rifle. Something for everyone.

The US media is quite incredible....CNN correspondent hypothesising well its could be a disgruntled former Trump supporter.

No wonder the US is full of conspiracy nutters.

Won't be surprised if it is a religious nut who thinks Trump is the devil himself. Oh, and who was dead against any form of gun control.
    edited July 14
    Eabhal said:

When the Secret Service have messed up this spectacularly it's always going to be a disaster for the internet. Reddit is doing mass purges already.
    Yup. Trump supporters were't exactly conspiracy free beforehand, either.

"Secret services were in on it" is going to be hard to disprove. Obviously cockup is much more likely than conspiracy but that is too boring for the internet.

Google Earth image:
    https://x.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1812269821914169514/photo/1

That's not exactly a subtle location to shoot from, is it? Someone didn't do a very good job.
    There are serious takes that the fact he missed is a sign of American decline. Consider Lee Harvey Oswald and a moving target. Don't make 'em like they used to.
  • viewcodeviewcode Posts: 20,927
    Biden on the assassination attempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUTBpUVEjdQ

Eabhal said:

"Secret services were in on it" is going to be hard to disprove. Obviously cockup is much more likely than conspiracy but that is too boring for the internet.

Google Earth image:

That's not exactly a subtle location to shoot from, is it? Someone didn't do a very good job.
    A flat roof opposite Trump. What a disaster.

And the BBC have an incredible interview with a a guy who was trying to point the shooter out to the cops/SS. The witness points out it it was difficult for the cops to get a good angle, but it's being clipped to suggest the cops ignored the guy and let it happen.
    Eabhal said:

Apparently an AR-15 style rifle. Something for everyone.

Puts Trump on the wrong side of gun control:

"With the frequency of mass shootings increasing, so have calls to restrict sales of semi-automatic rifles like the AR-15, a design originally created for the military that is now copied by a variety of manufacturers under different names. Washington state and Illinois passed bans this year, joining seven other states and Washington, D.C., that prohibit semi-automatic rifles like the AR-15. President Joe Biden says he wants to reinstate a nationwide ban that expired in 2004.

“It is a weapon of war that is really only suitable for soldiers in a combat zone,” said Lindsay Nichols, policy director for the Giffords Law Center, which pushes for gun regulations. “Its ability to kill a lot of people quickly is the reason why we want it banned.”"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ar-15-rifle-mass-shootings-semiautomatic-weapon-rcna84193
    edited July 14
    Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Google Earth image:

And the BBC have an incredible interview with a a guy who was trying to point the shooter out to the cops/SS. The witness points out it it was difficult for the cops to get a good angle, but it's being clipped to suggest the cops ignored the guy and let it happen.
    I'm amazed that security don't have a drone in the air for these things to provide a high level view.

I'm also amazed that nobody has tried using one instead of a gun. Yet.

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Google Earth image:

I'm amazed that security don't have a drone in the air for these things to provide a high level view.

I'm also amazed that nobody has tried using one instead of a gun. Yet.
    I reckon they have counter measures for that already.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 52,980
    Oh sh!t, that was not the news to wake up to.

Come on America, let’s do democracy at the ballot box, not with lawyers and guns.
This discussion has been closed.