Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Shots fired at Trump – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 12,008
edited August 4 in General
Shots fired at Trump – politicalbetting.com

We understand shots have been fired at Trump – at this rally. Breaking story – much still unclear – don’t think harmed pic.twitter.com/9BlgQhrywr

Read the full story here

Comments

• GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,825
    edited July 13
    First like Donald Trump in the 2024 US Presidential election after someone tried to murder him?
  • DumbosaurusDumbosaurus Posts: 653
    edited July 13
    First Third and at risk of being tasteless to say - BE CAREFUL DOING ANYTHING ON BETFAIR CAUSE OF THIS - when he had 'vid they closed the market.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 120,655
    Trump definitely hit, clearly he is bleeding at the side of his head. If only to edge of his ear may be OK if further into his head more dangerous
  • LeonLeon Posts: 52,527
    They’ve tried to bankrupt him. Ok fine. They’ve tried to bend the law to put him in jail. Ok but hmmm really weird. Now they’ve tried to kill him but failed

So, fuck it, vote Trump. The other lot are WORSE
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,082
    You could hear a lot of shots after the initial one.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 118,123
    Anyhoo the big news for me today is that Graziano Di Prima has been sacked from Strictly.
    rcs1000 said:

As a reminder, the assassination of Jo Cox did not lead to a Remain landslide in the Brexit referendum.

This is a tiny bit different
    Leon said:

They’ve tried to bankrupt him. Ok fine. They’ve tried to bend the law to put him in jail. Ok but hmmm really weird. Now they’ve tried to kill him but failed

We can't be sure they failed, he is clearly bleeding quite badly from the side of his head. Hopefully they did though as this should be settled by democracy not assassination
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 50,329
    These images will be historic:

• UnpopularUnpopular Posts: 871
    Fuck it, should they just decide this one with a Civil War? They can call it The Last War of the American Republic. Absolute bell ends.
  • RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 28,570
    Leon said:

Don't be silly. Trump is America's Mussolini. He is not the answer. Biden is utterly incapable of being President. Now. But Trump is also incapable, and arguing him vs Biden ignores his endless lunacy.

If I thought he was crazy enough, I might think Trump set it up himself... ;)
    rcs1000 said:

As a reminder, the assassination of Jo Cox did not lead to a Remain landslide in the Brexit referendum.

Yes, if he survives I doubt it changes many if any votes, the US is so divided now
    edited July 13
    Suggestions on X that it may have been a pellet gun

https://x.com/ZambranaML/status/1812252028883677596
    Unpopular said:

Fuck it, should they just decide this one with a Civil War? They can call it The Last War of the American Republic. Absolute bell ends.

We just had an End of Civilisation election. The Tories / the SNP got smashed. The transition of power took about an hour and the supposed enemies exchanged pleasantries afterwards.

Why would Murica need a civil war>

Leon said:

Don't be silly. Trump is America's Mussolini. He is not the answer. Biden is utterly incapable of being President. Now. But Trump is also incapable, and arguing him vs Biden ignores his endless lunacy.
    I think the democrats are now a worse choice. Willing to jail and murder people, and conspire to hide a mad President then foist him on the voters AGAIN

VOTE TRUMP
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 4,372
    How long before the civil war starts?

There are many more nutters on his side.

There are also obvious conspiracy theories to start...
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 61,002
    Leon said:

Who is 'they'?
    Andy_JS said:

Even pellet guns can kill
    HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Even pellet guns can kill
    Absolutely, they were trying to identify the sound you could hear on the video.
  • Leon said:

The thing is, we all know you really do actually like Trump and the fascists. I commend you for being upfront.

Andy_JS said:

False flag attack then.

What kind of bellend uses a pellet gun because it so hard to get guns and rifles in America.
    Easier to hide
    Leon said:

Leon said:

I think the democrats are now a worse choice. Willing to jail and murder people, and conspire to hide a mad President then foist him on the voters AGAIN

VOTE TRUMP
    "willing to jail and murder people" is Project 2025 sir. Trump would be the end of the west. It can't be Biden either.
    edited July 13

Leon said:

The thing is, we all know you really do actually like Trump and the fascists. I commend you for being upfront.
    lol. The Dems have hidden away a mad president for a year and they’re trying to get Americans to vote for the same mad guy again and you still think you’re on “the good side”
    Thank god we live in a politically stable country in the UK
  • glwglw Posts: 9,790
    America is in crisis.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,982
    If it is a false flag, someone has given their life for the cause.

Leon said:

Leon said:

VOTE TRUMP
    "willing to jail and murder people" is Project 2025 sir. Trump would be the end of the west. It can't be Biden either.
    Bannon is in jail. The democrats are the ones lying about their mad candidate
    tlg86 said:

Conspiracy theorists are going to go into overdrive
    CNN video has at end someone shouting 'shooters down'.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 4,372

Andy_JS said:

False flag attack then.

What kind of bellend uses a pellet gun because it so hard to get guns and rifles in America.
    Yes, that's the obvious conspiracy theory.

It did sound like a pellet gun though you can never be sure from TV audio.
  • FloaterFloater Posts: 14,207
    America might just be about to lose its collective mind ......
    Andy_JS said:

tlg86 said:

Conspiracy theorists are going to go into overdrive
    Sergi's family will be well looked after.
    If I were Biden I would ring the hospital where Trump is going and send my best wishes, act classy

Andy_JS said:

False flag attack then.

Donald may have set it all up.

These rallys are pure theater and always have been.

We know Trump takes most of his cues from WWF/E. How many injures and humiliations did Vince McMahon take for "business" ?

I wouldn't at all put it past Donald Trump to have set this whole thing up. And yes, I'm 100% serious.
  • Leon said:

Leon said:

lol. The Dems have hidden away a mad president for a year and they’re trying to get Americans to vote for the same mad guy again and you still think you’re on “the good side”
    Biden may be senile and have dementia. But Trump is actively dangerous.

Name one dangerous decision Biden has made in office.

The reality is, even a dementia-ridden Biden is better than Trump.

The fact you can't see that, is not surprising but still depressing.
    GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

False flag attack then.

We know Trump takes most of his cues from WWF/E. How many injures and humiliations did Vince McMahon take for "business" ?

I wouldn't at all put it past Donald Trump to have set this whole thing up. And yes, I'm 100% serious.
    Are you really serious?
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,008
    I doubt very much it's a false flag. At the same time, if it's a pellet gun, then I doubt the shooter can possibly have expected to kill Trump.
  • Leon said:

Leon said:

VOTE TRUMP
    Leon is one step away from literally becoming a Qanon supporter, right? Can we still save him?

Is that Lawrence Fox in the secret service?
    GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

False flag attack then.

Absolute balls.
    rcs1000 said:

I doubt very much it's a false flag. At the same time, if it's a pellet gun, then I doubt the shooter can possibly have expected to kill Trump.

Looks like blood on the bleachers behind Trump .. . time will tell
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 50,329
    Stuff like this will get a lot of scrutiny now:

https://x.com/joebiden/status/1808217098105028767
    GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

False flag attack then.

What does it gain him?

At the moment his best tactic and one he seems to have been actually following is to keep his head down and let the Dems fall apart trying to pretend that Biden is well enough to do four more years.

Maybe he couldn't stand the lack of attention a moment longer?

• FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 79,920

Whoever took that photo is in for a massive pay day.

Leon said:

Leon said:

Biden may be senile and have dementia. But Trump is actively dangerous.

Name one dangerous decision Biden has made in office.

The reality is, even a dementia-ridden Biden is better than Trump.

The fact you can't see that, is not surprising but still depressing.
    On the other hand you are mentally deificient. So there is also that to be considered
    edited July 13

First Third and at risk of being tasteless to say - BE CAREFUL DOING ANYTHING ON BETFAIR CAUSE OF THIS - when he had 'vid they closed the market.

(Although I just tasteless "made" £9.80 out of it assuming he remains nominee by laying 1.02 and backing 1.03, but I am a terrible person)
    edited July 13
    Floater said:
    That can't be real...surely....it has to be like that fake Gruadian headline generator thing.

BREAAKKKKKKING NEWSSSS....Trump unfit for president as can't even stand up.
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 50,944
    tlg86 said:

"Friend. They expect one of us in the wreckage."

"Have we started the fire?"

"The fire rises."
    Andy_JS said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

False flag attack then.

Are you really serious?
    100%.

Who's going to go into a high profile assassination attempt with a pellet gun? And if you're going to try and assassinate the former (and possible future) President you're surely going to make sure you hit the target (as you'll be spending the rest of your life in jail either way)

Lets just say it's certainly very, very strange.
    Allegedly one dead, the shooter?
    Trump was supposed to have the best security on the planet. It wasn't very good in the event.
  • BournvilleBournville Posts: 309
    GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

False flag attack then.

One of those setups where you get someone to shoot you in the head?
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,008
    It's funny isn't it.

When someone you support is shot, it's all a conspiracy.

When it's someone you oppose, then it's just an isolated madman.

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

False flag attack then.

One of those setups where you get someone to shoot you in the head?
    It probably wasn't supposed to get quite that close, lol.
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,270
    rcs1000 said:

cui bono?
  • Leon said:

On the other hand you are mentally deificient. So there is also that to be considered

I did however pass GCSE English.
    Floater said:

Allegedly one dead, the shooter?

CNN video has someone sounding official saying 'shooter's down'.

If the shooter is dead then the conspiracy themes can flow with out any hindrence.

• AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 22,022
    TRUSS
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 118,123
    rcs1000 said:

It's funny isn't it.

When someone you support is shot, it's all a conspiracy.

When it's someone you oppose, then it's just an isolated madman.

The Reagan assassination attempt stuff was bonkers.

The shooter was the son of a friend of Reagan’s VP.
    edited July 13

TRUSS

I think you'll find we've moved on...

T.R.U.M.P.
    @Nigel_Farage
    Mainstream media have spread a narrative of hatred against my friend Donald Trump.

I hope they are proud of themselves.

Disgusting people.
    https://x.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1812260889967698159

Floater said:
    That can't be real...surely....it has to be like that fake Gruadian headline generator thing.

BREAAKKKKKKING NEWSSSS....Trump unfit for president as can't even stand up.
    CNN now reads 'Trump injured'

rcs1000 said:

A pellet gun can easily blind someone and leave them injured forever

However looking at that wound I don’t think it’s a pellet gun. A light bore rifle with a tiny bullet. Enough to kill iff well targeted. But I am not a gun expert and I yield to those that know

Is this potentially a false flag? Could be. I wouldn’t put it beyond Trump. But I sense not - the hysteria about Trump ending democracy is now so great on the left I can easily see someone attempting this

Indeed this is what I explicitly predicted on PB about 1 month ago
  • ajbajb Posts: 141
    OT: odds on the euros final at manifold add up to 110% right now (65% Spain, 45% England):

https://manifold.markets/UniversalFC/which-country-will-win-euro-2024

Isn't that normally free money? Not sure if it's true at manifold, I never actually bet and just come here for the analysis.
    rcs1000 said:

A pellet gun hit to the head or the heart could be very serious for a man in his late 70s
  • Hope Trump makes a full recovery. Defeat him in the election.
  • Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,814
    There were two assasination attempts on Gerald Ford -- but he still lost to Jimmy Carter.

(More narrowly than most people realize. As I recall, he woudl have won the electoral vote had there been small changes in Hawaii and Ohio, both of which were close.)
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 22,022
    edited July 13
    GIN1138 said:

TRUSS

I think you'll find we've moved on...

T.R.U.M.P.
    TRUSS
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

A pellet gun hit to the head or the heart could be very serious for a man in his late 70s
    He certainly looked to be in shock
    Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

A pellet gun can easily blind someone and leave them injured forever

However looking at that wound I don’t think it’s a pellet gun. A light bore rifle with a tiny bullet. Enough to kill iff well targeted. But I am not a gun expert and I yield to those that know

Is this potentially a false flag? Could be. I wouldn’t put it beyond Trump. But I sense not - the hysteria about Trump ending democracy is now so great on the left I can easily see someone attempting this

Indeed this is what I explicitly predicted on PB about 1 month ago
    The chances of hitting someone in the ear with a normal bullet without seriously injuring them must be incredibly small.
    HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

He looked fine to me when they stood him up.

Biden surely has to retire after this

Otherwise the Dems have 0% chance and civil war edges nearer
    edited July 13
    Democratic Governor of PA where the rally was taking place has issued a statement:

'@GovernorShapiro
    Violence targeted at any political party or political leader is absolutely unacceptable.

It has no place in Pennsylvania or the United States.

I have been briefed on the situation.
    @PAStatePolice
    are on the scene in Butler County and working with our federal and local partners.

Lori and I are praying for President Trump, the Secret Service officers who protected him, those attending the event, and all of the first responders still on the scene.'
    https://x.com/GovernorShapiro/status/1812262311333429719
  • glwglw Posts: 9,790

There were two assasination attempts on Gerald Ford -- but he still lost to Jimmy Carter.

(More narrowly than most people realize. As I recall, he woudl have won the electoral vote had there been small changes in Hawaii and Ohio, both of which were close.)

But the context is very different. Trump will make hay with this.
    edited July 13

True, although that assumes the faithless voter in Washington state for Ronald Reagan would still have voted in that way if his/her vote had been crucial.
    HYUFD said:

@Nigel_Farage
    Mainstream media have spread a narrative of hatred against my friend Donald Trump.

I hope they are proud of themselves.

Disgusting people.
    https://x.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1812260889967698159

Jeez. Whereas Trump offers sweetness and light and honey balm cakes to his ever growing list of people he hates and are poisoning america in his opinion.

He even hated John McCain for god's sake because he was caught.

• BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,270
    Floater said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

He certainly looked to be in shock
    He cursed F*** three times as he shook his fist.
  • Leon said:

What are you trying to imply? That Biden is somehow responsible?
    https://x.com/visegrad24/status/1812263783194317252

According to local law enforcement, the person reported dead at the Pennsylvania Trump Rally is believed to be a Trump supporter rather than the shooter
    Leon said:

Not sure I follow the logic here?

Biden lost last thursday week at the debate he was desperate to have early.

How does this incident mean there are even more reasons he has to retire and some other Dem give it a go?
    edited July 13
    Leon said:

I doubt it changes many if any votes. Biden will probably take his cue from Shapiro, say violence has no place in US politics, he is praying for Donald Trump despite their disagreements and could then come out looking even more presidential than he did before
  • Nunu5Nunu5 Posts: 920
    I'm not convinced Trump is guaranteed a win now.

The country is deeply polarised
    edited July 13
    Floater said:

https://x.com/visegrad24/status/1812263783194317252

According to local law enforcement, the person reported dead at the Pennsylvania Trump Rally is believed to be a Trump supporter rather than the shooter

RIP that Trump supporter.

Ford was never hit though as Trump has been (even if only to his ear)
  • Leon said:

Not sure I follow the logic here?

Biden lost last thursday week at the debate he was desperate to have early.

How does this incident mean there are even more reasons he has to retire and some other Dem give it a go?
    Biden has to retire because he's clearly not well but the idea he's in any way responsible for this or needs to retire on that basis is lunacy.

On that basis Trump should retire since he said he'd happily shoot somebody in New York.
  • Nunu5Nunu5 Posts: 920
    I hate to say this, but no one has worsened the discourse in America over the last few years more than Trump.
    https://x.com/MerylKornfield/status/1812263916497506711

Butler county district attorney Richard Goldinger tells me Trump was grazed by gunfire but is safe. An audience member was killed and the shooter is dead. Another person is in serious condition, the prosecutor said.
    rcs1000 said:

This is so fucking depressing.

Depressingly inevitable.

What you sow, you reap. Trump has used violence as a constant menacing threat if he doesn't win and indeed when he lost and wanted to overturn the result.

Fuck him.
    Leon said:

Biden needed to retire because of President Putin and Vice-President Trump. But this just makes it even more urgent. Its awful that any politician is the target of these crazies. But "Trump Shot" is no reason to vote Trump.
    edited July 13
    ABC News spreading doubt if it was actually gunshot at all.
This discussion has been closed.