Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The WH2024 primaries will be different from what we are used to. – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,492

Interesting comment from David Icke.

Mass migration has been a calculated Cult plan playing out across the world from Europe to the US southern border. It is about demographic and cultural change to unravel western society and to trigger conflict on the streets as we are seeing in Dublin tonight. The outrage at the children is understandable, but burning your own city will change nothing. Jailing the politicians and funders responsible for systematically opening the gates across Europe and the US and throwing away the key would be far more productive with those in Sweden at the front of the queue. Happy now, Mr Soros? Got want you wanted? Thought so.

https://x.com/davidicke/status/1727798932208525680?s=20

This would be the same David Icke who believes the Royal Family are shape shifting reptilian Aryans, right?
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,376

Appears our friends from GRU have found PB again. They do seem to really like it, I don't know why.

Is it some initiation routine, get the newbie to try their BS on PB and they all laugh at them when they get their arse handed to them?

We all want peace in the world. Ball is in Bidens court for that.
    Ball’s in Putin’s court for that.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 32,411

Appears our friends from GRU have found PB again. They do seem to really like it, I don't know why.

Is it some initiation routine, get the newbie to try their BS on PB and they all laugh at them when they get their arse handed to them?

Surely there'd be some kind of target to last a few days or more?
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 45,307

I want peace. I can provide peace. Lots of… peace….
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,816
    Barnesian said:

Barnesian said:

HYUFD said:

Given there is no serious opponent to President Biden in the Democratic primaries now Robert Kennedy Jnr has gone Independent it won't make a huge difference. The focus will be on Iowa and the GOP caucuses and whether Trump wins comfortably or a challenger gets close or even beats him

I'm interested in whether Biden persuades Michelle Obama to stand as Democrat nominee and steps down in her place. If she agrees, she'd surely get the nomination and beat Trump.
    I’m intrigued where this perennial Michelle Obama thing comes from.

She’s been as adamant as anyone can be on these things that she will never, ever, run for elected office. Full stop.
    That's true. But she might be persuadable if she is the only person who can save the constitution and the country (and her husband) from Trump.
    Bookmark this. Currently 18 to be the Democrat nominee.
    Decent lay price, if you haven't already.
  • Options

BREAKING: Zelensky of Ukraine is believed to have photographs of Hunter Biden that could bring down the Democratic Party in the US & has been using them to blackmail Biden who is completely compromised. Source: Rudy Giuliani

Could last less than an hour this one.

Pathetic attempt. Surely PB warrants better than that?
    We are obviously slipping, comrade.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Mass migration has been a calculated Cult plan playing out across the world from Europe to the US southern border. It is about demographic and cultural change to unravel western society and to trigger conflict on the streets as we are seeing in Dublin tonight. The outrage at the children is understandable, but burning your own city will change nothing. Jailing the politicians and funders responsible for systematically opening the gates across Europe and the US and throwing away the key would be far more productive with those in Sweden at the front of the queue. Happy now, Mr Soros? Got want you wanted? Thought so.

This would be the same David Icke who believes the Royal Family are shape shifting reptilian Aryans, right?
    Ad hominem attack RCS. Address the argument my friend. And why was someone of your intelligence so wrong over the ukraine war.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

BREAKING: Zelensky of Ukraine is believed to have photographs of Hunter Biden that could bring down the Democratic Party in the US & has been using them to blackmail Biden who is completely compromised. Source: Rudy Giuliani

Ah yes, that beacon of truth that is Rudy Giuliani.
    Please sir, Mr @rcs1000 Sir, if we club together, can we buy a better Russian Troll for the class, sir?

We could keep it in @JosiasJessop’s spare scientist cages and take it for walks every day.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,108
    Sandpit said:

6 posts before mentioning Ukraine negatively.

Is it though ?

The source being Giuliano surely pushes it to the realms of comedy
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,815
    rcs1000 said:

What's your point Robert?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Sandpit said:

6 posts before mentioning Ukraine negatively.

Is it though ?

The source being Giuliano surely pushes it to the realms of comedy
    Its

• Options

None of these trainees can get anywhere near Comrade Leon, who has managed to evade detection for nearly 3 years now (although he's nearly blown his cover once or twice).
  • Options

None of these trainees can get anywhere near Comrade Leon, who has managed to evade detection for nearly 3 years now (although he's nearly blown his cover once or twice).
    Da
  • Options

That writing style by Donald Trump seemed eerily familiar, didn't it?
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,651
    Ex BBC sports pundit long gone batshit crazy:

"Mass migration has been a calculated Cult plan playing out across the world from Europe to the US southern border. It is about demographic and cultural change to unravel western society and to trigger conflict on the streets as we are seeing in Dublin tonight. The outrage at the children is understandable, but burning your own city will change nothing. Jailing the politicians and funders responsible for systematically opening the gates across Europe and the US and throwing away the key would be far more productive with those in Sweden at the front of the queue. Happy now, Mr Soros? Got want you wanted? Thought so."

The betting fav for next President of the United States:

"Happy Thanksgiving to ALL, including the Racist & Incompetent Attorney General of New York State, Letitia 'Peekaboo' James, who has let Murder & Violent Crime FLOURISH, & Businesses FLEE; the Radical Left Trump Hating Judge, a 'Psycho,' Arthur Engoron, who Criminally Defrauded the State of New York, & ME, by purposely Valuing my Assets at a 'tiny' Fraction of what they are really worth in order to convict me of Fraud before even a Trial, or seeing any PROOF, & used his Politically Biased & Corrupt Campaign Finance Violator, Chief Clerk Alison Greenfield, to sit by his side on the 'Bench' & tell him what to do; & Crooked Joe Biden, who has WEAPONIZED his Department of Injustice against his Political Opponent, & allowed our Country to go to HELL; & all of the other Radical Left Lunatics, Communists, Fascists, Marxists, Democrats, & RINOS, who are seriously looking to DESTROY OUR COUNTRY. Have no fear, however, we will WIN the Presidential Election of 2024, & MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!"

You decide.
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 4,167
    edited November 2023

DavidL said:

A fabulous Thanksgiving day message from Trump:

""Happy Thanksgiving to ALL, including the Racist & Incompetent Attorney General of New York State, Letitia 'Peekaboo' James, who has let Murder & Violent Crime FLOURISH, & Businesses FLEE; the Radical Left Trump Hating Judge, a 'Psycho,' Arthur Engoron, who Criminally Defrauded the State of New York, & ME, by purposely Valuing my Assets at a 'tiny' Fraction of what they are really worth in order to convict me of Fraud before even a Trial, or seeing any PROOF, & used his Politically Biased & Corrupt Campaign Finance Violator, Chief Clerk Alison Greenfield, to sit by his side on the 'Bench' & tell him what to do; & Crooked Joe Biden, who has WEAPONIZED his Department of Injustice against his Political Opponent, & allowed our Country to go to HELL; & all of the other Radical Left Lunatics, Communists, Fascists, Marxists, Democrats, & RINOS, who are seriously looking to DESTROY OUR COUNTRY. Have no fear, however, we will WIN the Presidential Election of 2024, & MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!"

The man is a caricature of himself.

Make America Great Again.
    When I first saw your username, I thought you were Douglas Ross. Now I realise you are someone even thicker. Welcome to PB Mr. Trump!

Edit. Byeee!
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,919
    DavidL said:

It's the use of crayons that gives it away.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

"Mass migration has been a calculated Cult plan playing out across the world from Europe to the US southern border. It is about demographic and cultural change to unravel western society and to trigger conflict on the streets as we are seeing in Dublin tonight. The outrage at the children is understandable, but burning your own city will change nothing. Jailing the politicians and funders responsible for systematically opening the gates across Europe and the US and throwing away the key would be far more productive with those in Sweden at the front of the queue. Happy now, Mr Soros? Got want you wanted? Thought so."

"Happy Thanksgiving to ALL, including the Racist & Incompetent Attorney General of New York State, Letitia 'Peekaboo' James, who has let Murder & Violent Crime FLOURISH, & Businesses FLEE; the Radical Left Trump Hating Judge, a 'Psycho,' Arthur Engoron, who Criminally Defrauded the State of New York, & ME, by purposely Valuing my Assets at a 'tiny' Fraction of what they are really worth in order to convict me of Fraud before even a Trial, or seeing any PROOF, & used his Politically Biased & Corrupt Campaign Finance Violator, Chief Clerk Alison Greenfield, to sit by his side on the 'Bench' & tell him what to do; & Crooked Joe Biden, who has WEAPONIZED his Department of Injustice against his Political Opponent, & allowed our Country to go to HELL; & all of the other Radical Left Lunatics, Communists, Fascists, Marxists, Democrats, & RINOS, who are seriously looking to DESTROY OUR COUNTRY. Have no fear, however, we will WIN the Presidential Election of 2024, & MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!"

You decide.

Trying to work out why we should be outraged at the children in Dublin. Really not sure it was their fault.
  • Options

Da
    33 minutes and 11 posts, that's some kind of a record, shirley?

Modesty prevents me from pointing out that I spotted it on his 2nd post.
  • Options
    MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,497

Gaza protest: Met Police leaflet clarifies phrases that might break law

The leaflets warn protestors not to use words of images:

• that are racist or incite hatred against any faith
    • that support Hamas or any other banned organisation, it is illegal under UK law to support such terrorist organisations
    • that celebrate or promote acts of terrorism - such as the killing or kidnap of innocent people
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67517410
    Protesters will be told to "bin any placard or sign that might break these rules".

I wonder if I went around London with a die hard with a vengeance style sandwich board if the police would just politely ask me to bin it?

And they also appear to have deemed calls for Jihad and Interfada to not fall foul of the above categorisations.
    If you read the article, chants of "jihad" are mentioned as a no-no. I did not want to paste the whole thing.
    "though he also said context was important."

They are still giving themselves wiggle room.
    The police have said for some time that the government needs to strengthen the law. See also my other post about Hizb-Ut-Tahrir which both Labour and Conservative governments pledged to ban but never quite got round to it.
    I'd imagine the problem with banning everything is you're no longer sure what the members and potential members are up to. Best to keep a few lamps around for the moths.

Admittedly most of the doers are said to be 'known to ___' anyway.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Indeed. But enough about Leon.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 45,480

rcs1000 said:

Ad hominem attack RCS. Address the argument my friend. And why was someone of your intelligence so wrong over the ukraine war.
    British intelligence failures over Ukraine are nothing compared to Russian ones!

• Options
    FPT
    Carnyx said:

Selebian said:

isam said:

Leon said:

isam said:

isam said:

It’s not about being “far right”, these latest numbers are an astonishing number for any western democracy outside wartime.

I think the argument is still stuck inside the prison of ten or twenty years ago.

But these figures suggest very profound societal change within only a few years.

While the public has also experienced the biggest drop in living standards.

I believe the projection is that these numbers will fall. But my cursory sweep of Twitter is that both left and right are just rehashing stale arguments pro and anti immigration in the abstract.

Well this is the thing that happened with Enoch Powell; he predicted profound societal change was inevitable due to a large increase in immigration, and that change/those numbers happened. But people who rubbished him at the time over the numbers and their effects changed the argument rather than admit he was correct.

That’s what will happen in the future you envisage; People won’t focus on the numbers, but say that the profound societal change is a benefit.
    What profound societal change have we witnessed since Enoch made his dire prophecy? I'm genuinely interested to hear views on this.
    White British people being a minority in London seems a good place to start. Unthinkable in the 1960s

Tell people in Delhi that brown skinned Indians will be a minority in 50 years time and see if they think of that as a profound societal change or not

I don't think it is.

Powell was predicting violence, rivers of blood etc - instead we've had a peaceful transition from one irrelevant characteristic to another irrelevant characteristic.

Someone's skin colour means no more than their hair colour or anything else. Is going from a town of gingers to a town of brunettes a profound societal change?
    We’ve had 100,000+ underage white girls raped, trafficked and tortured by “Asian grooming gangs”

Does that count as violence or not?
    7/7
    Lee Rigby
    London Bridge

London Bridge? Are you pinning the death of QE2 on people of a funny tinge? I thought we all blamed Truss for that.

ETA: seriously though, do I need to post a list of horrors committed by white people with three or more generations of ancestry in the British Isles?
    I think he means the Garden Bridge.
    East London River Crossing!
  • Options
    MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,497
    Nigelb said:

Barnesian said:

Barnesian said:

HYUFD said:

Given there is no serious opponent to President Biden in the Democratic primaries now Robert Kennedy Jnr has gone Independent it won't make a huge difference. The focus will be on Iowa and the GOP caucuses and whether Trump wins comfortably or a challenger gets close or even beats him

I'm interested in whether Biden persuades Michelle Obama to stand as Democrat nominee and steps down in her place. If she agrees, she'd surely get the nomination and beat Trump.

She’s been as adamant as anyone can be on these things that she will never, ever, run for elected office. Full stop.
    That's true. But she might be persuadable if she is the only person who can save the constitution and the country (and her husband) from Trump.
    Simillar return to a savings account.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

""Happy Thanksgiving to ALL, including the Racist & Incompetent Attorney General of New York State, Letitia 'Peekaboo' James, who has let Murder & Violent Crime FLOURISH, & Businesses FLEE; the Radical Left Trump Hating Judge, a 'Psycho,' Arthur Engoron, who Criminally Defrauded the State of New York, & ME, by purposely Valuing my Assets at a 'tiny' Fraction of what they are really worth in order to convict me of Fraud before even a Trial, or seeing any PROOF, & used his Politically Biased & Corrupt Campaign Finance Violator, Chief Clerk Alison Greenfield, to sit by his side on the 'Bench' & tell him what to do; & Crooked Joe Biden, who has WEAPONIZED his Department of Injustice against his Political Opponent, & allowed our Country to go to HELL; & all of the other Radical Left Lunatics, Communists, Fascists, Marxists, Democrats, & RINOS, who are seriously looking to DESTROY OUR COUNTRY. Have no fear, however, we will WIN the Presidential Election of 2024, & MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!"

Some of Trump's comments are surely actionable. Are any of those named up for suing him for libel? Could be lucrative.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,492

rcs1000 said:

I realise I banned you, so you can't actually respond to this, but are you really saying that a person's previous pronouncements shouldn't be taken into account when judging what they say?

For example, if someone said they believed the earth was flat, it would not be unreasonable for me to be sceptical when they came to me and asked for money for their (patented) perpetual motion machine.

David Icke believes bat shit crazy things. It is perfectly reasonable to assess everything he says in light of those beliefs.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

I realise I banned you, so you can't actually respond to this, but are you really saying that a person's previous pronouncements shouldn't be taken into account when judging what they say?

For example, if someone said they believed the earth was flat, it would not be unreasonable for me to be sceptical when they came to me and asked for money for their (patented) perpetual motion machine.

David Icke believes bat shit crazy things. It is perfectly reasonable to assess everything he says in light of those beliefs.
    Responding to a poster you've just banned might be considered the first sign of madness.
  • Options
    O/T British Library suffering from a cyber attack according to their website.

https://www.bl.uk
  • Options
    viewcode said:

"British complacency over defence has to end: The army is remote to most of us and investing in security is deemed unethical — but we need to wise up to new threats", William Hague, 20Nov2023, The Times, see https://archive.is/fZiNV

Hmm....British security needs to be thought about much more seriously. At the risk of triggering @Leon AI is an obvious risk, as are the proliferation of drones and cyber attacks both with state actors and criminals. I am really not sure that the army is going to be much help in relation to any of these threats.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 27,827
    Is it that Russian troll time again? It's been a while.
  • Options

DavidL said:

I do NOT know what you mean.

But in relation to Mr Trump who could doubt that he is ready to take control of the big red button once again?
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Responding to a poster you've just banned might be considered the first sign of madness.
    True but it's always nice to get the last word in.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

That was quite inspired until the last sentence. Giuliani is not a valid source for anything I'm afraid..
    Except for Russian propaganda.
    https://www.politico.eu/article/oleksandr-dubinsky-ukraine-treason-russia-rudy-giuliani-joe-hunter-biden/

• Options

Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have... peace.
  • Options
    Ukraine war latest: Kyiv 'intercepts transmissions' between Russia and China on 'secret project'
    The "fiercest fighting yet" has been recorded near the battered city of Avdiivka, according to Ukrainian officials. Meanwhile, the Russian air force has received the latest batch of the highly effective Su-35S jets from its manufacturer.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-latest-putin-live-updates-blog-12541713

I don't like quoting rolling news but can't find it anywhere else. Sky cites the Washington Post about China & Russia discussing a tunnel to Crimea because Ukraine keeps attacking the bridge.
  • Options
    I didn't know that Geert Wilders is mixed race. His mother was partly Indonesian.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geert_Wilders#Early_life_and_career
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 45,480

DavidL said:

Some of Trump's comments are surely actionable. Are any of those named up for suing him for libel? Could be lucrative.
    The big achillies heel of Trump's campaign is his obsessions and vendetta. Sooner or later even MAGA Americans are going to know what he plans for another term apart from locking up everyone who has offended the man-baby.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,919

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

True but it's always nice to get the last word in.
    Hence Smithson = Smite them when they're unconscious. Smite these down.
  • Options

DavidL said:

IANAE but the free speech laws in the US are far more liberal than our laws of libel or defamation. He was, until recently, banned by a specific court order against making remarks against the clerk of the court but that is currently suspended by an appeal court pending a hearing.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

kinabalu said:

You decide.

That he's not President is as good a reason as any to give thanks.
    Yes. It's what I want for Christmas next year even more than Labour landslide.
  • Options

Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have... peace.
    Like that. But more peaceful….
  • Options

Nigelb said:

Barnesian said:

Barnesian said:

HYUFD said:

Simillar return to a savings account.
    In isolation, yes.
    But that's not how presidential markets work.
    There's been similar chances for Ramaswany, RFK Jnr, etc.as they've had their moments.

You just need to decide who isn't going to get it even if both Biden and Trump fall under a bus.
  • Options
    The trolls are not very good at their job. Mentioning Powell, Icke and Zelenskyy within the first few posts kind of gives away who they are.
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,827
    DavidL said:

Trump's stream of consciousness writing style increasingly suggests that he is heavily influenced by Marcel Proust - if he'd heard of him.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    A
    rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:

The trolls are not very good at their job. Mentioning Powell, Icke and Zelenskyy within the first few posts kind of gives away who they are.

Mentioning Icke as if he was a serious figure betrays a complete ignorance of... well... anything.
    In the context of modern Russian politics, Icke the sober, sensible one.
  • Options

Ukraine war latest: Kyiv 'intercepts transmissions' between Russia and China on 'secret project'
    The "fiercest fighting yet" has been recorded near the battered city of Avdiivka, according to Ukrainian officials. Meanwhile, the Russian air force has received the latest batch of the highly effective Su-35S jets from its manufacturer.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-russia-war-latest-putin-live-updates-blog-12541713

I don't like quoting rolling news but can't find it anywhere else. Sky cites the Washington Post about China & Russia discussing a tunnel to Crimea because Ukraine keeps attacking the bridge.

That's not going to be a quick solution is it.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Trump's stream of consciousness writing style increasingly suggests that he is heavily influenced by Marcel Proust - if he'd heard of him.
    His masterwork à la recherche d'une présidence perdue ?
  • Options

DavidL said:

Caught in the back blast from a test of the Lepage 344mm Crème Brûlée Gun?
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

I do NOT know what you mean.

But in relation to Mr Trump who could doubt that he is ready to take control of the big red button once again?
    I nearly FELL for that ONE.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:

Mentioning Icke as if he was a serious figure betrays a complete ignorance of... well... anything.
    He was almost like a 'wanting to be busted' troll. Perhaps on a fixed fee rather than per unit of output. In which case it makes perfect sense. Feet up now and playing minesweeper.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 48,547
    The Americans and Germans are pressuring Zelensky to sue for peace

https://x.com/disclosetv/status/1728031218896126215?s=61&t=GGp3Vs1t1kTWDiyA-odnZg

It’s over. The war is done. Ukraine has run out of men and Russia has run out of mojo. A muddy armistice beckons
  • Options
    A watershed moment: Google now spends more on compute than on people.
    https://twitter.com/FutureJurvetson/status/1728076563285971040
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    This is how long it took for the previous Dutch coalition to be formed.

"New Dutch government sworn in 10 months after last election"
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/new-dutch-government-sworn-10-months-after-last-election-2022-01-10/
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,879
    Leon said:

https://x.com/disclosetv/status/1728031218896126215?s=61&t=GGp3Vs1t1kTWDiyA-odnZg

It’s over. The war is done. Ukraine has run out of men and Russia has run out of mojo. A muddy armistice beckons

Is disclose.tv a legit source ?
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Is it that Russian troll time again? It's been a while.

A few months it seems.

I would say we should expect to see some Israeli trolls or Gazan trolls but we have a fair few fulfilling those roles.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Proust in his first book wrote about, wrote about…
  • Options
    Taz said:

Leon said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disclose.tv

Answer, no.
  • Options
    Taz said:

Leon said:

The tweet cites Bild which is (a) paywalled, and (b) in German.
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,422
    edited November 2023
    All this talk of hammers reminded me of...

https://youtu.be/Kp1z8EzZ5Hs?si=13vMyy06wKJMRV7K
  • Options
    Taz said:

Leon said:

Answer: yes, but be highly cautious

But it doesn’t matter, because they are simply quoting Bild, which IS entirely legit

https://www.bild.de/bild-plus/politik/ausland/politik-ausland/ukraine-krieg-neuer-geheimplan-von--scholz-und-biden-86192752.bild.html
  • Options

Taz said:

Leon said:

But you can read the first paragraphs

Looks legit to me

A foreign policy guy analyses:

“German newspaper BILD reports that there is a "secret German-American Ukraine Plan" whereby Zelensky would not be forced directly to negotiate, but moved into that realisation by continuing to deliberately give him just enough arms, in type and quantity, for him to hold the current de facto line of contact, but deliberately never enough for him to be able to recapture the occupied territories.
    BILD notes a particularly cynical aspect of this alleged plan: that the U.S. and Germany could largely decide this course of action by themselves and impose it, given that they are the two largest suppliers of materiel to Ukraine in terms of volume.
    BILD goes on to say that the aim would be to guide the war, through the policy tool of Western arms supplies, into a de facto Minsk 3 situation, but without ever saying it, as it would be Ukraine itself that would choose that outcome, because it would not be in a position to achieve anything better.
    BILD states that it has a source inside the German government, and that this way of thinking comes from inside the Chancellor's Office, not from the Defence Ministry, and that Defence Minister Pistorius would like to assist Ukraine more, if he had the authority to do so.
    BILD also suggests that Berlin and Washington have the same view and the same goal regarding the trajectory to give to the war.

My comment: sadly, it is plausible that there is a lot of truth to those revelations and that they will be half-denied very quickly. But in the end, we all see the chosen behaviours of the relevant states, in particular the reluctance to supply longer-range weapons, which is consistent with the alleged plan.
    Of course any such plan would be dishonour and stupidity of absolutely historic proportions. Completely unacceptable and wrong-headed.
    Immoral, too.”

https://x.com/ehunterchristie/status/1728087101076304107?s=61&t=GGp3Vs1t1kTWDiyA-odnZg
  • Options

Taz said:

Leon said:

Ah, a classic of the genre. The story, when you reach it, will not say what the tweet implies.
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 10,290

Taz said:

Leon said:

Ah, a classic of the genre. The story, when you reach it, will not say what the tweet implies.
    Either that (I hope) or we have two modern day Quisling states on our hands.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,943

DavidL said:

Can't really see Trump reading Proust (a good lockdown standby, especially if a lockdown were to go into its tenth year). And, with respect, Proust focusses more on the consciousness of memory, and its depth rather than the stream of consciousness itself. For that Joyce is the premier division leader. Trump does a good imitation of Joyce parodying and exaggerating a political or religious lunatic. There is probably such a passage in Ulysses, because everything is there. The hell sermons in 'Portrait' are better structured than Trump.

In that sense Trump reminds me of certain people I know who, free of charge, will unknowingly provide scripts worthy of Alan Bennett.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,108
    On topic, yes. Iowans tend to be fairly self indulgent from what I saw last year Whereas black Democrat primary voters know the score.
    South Carolina first would be a great start for Jo
  • Options

Taz said:

Leon said:

Except, it does say exactly that
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,943
    Leon said:

Taz said:

Leon said:

Looks legit to me

“German newspaper BILD reports that there is a "secret German-American Ukraine Plan" whereby Zelensky would not be forced directly to negotiate, but moved into that realisation by continuing to deliberately give him just enough arms, in type and quantity, for him to hold the current de facto line of contact, but deliberately never enough for him to be able to recapture the occupied territories.
    BILD notes a particularly cynical aspect of this alleged plan: that the U.S. and Germany could largely decide this course of action by themselves and impose it, given that they are the two largest suppliers of materiel to Ukraine in terms of volume.
    BILD goes on to say that the aim would be to guide the war, through the policy tool of Western arms supplies, into a de facto Minsk 3 situation, but without ever saying it, as it would be Ukraine itself that would choose that outcome, because it would not be in a position to achieve anything better.
    BILD states that it has a source inside the German government, and that this way of thinking comes from inside the Chancellor's Office, not from the Defence Ministry, and that Defence Minister Pistorius would like to assist Ukraine more, if he had the authority to do so.
    BILD also suggests that Berlin and Washington have the same view and the same goal regarding the trajectory to give to the war.

My comment: sadly, it is plausible that there is a lot of truth to those revelations and that they will be half-denied very quickly. But in the end, we all see the chosen behaviours of the relevant states, in particular the reluctance to supply longer-range weapons, which is consistent with the alleged plan.
    Of course any such plan would be dishonour and stupidity of absolutely historic proportions. Completely unacceptable and wrong-headed.
    Immoral, too.”

https://x.com/ehunterchristie/status/1728087101076304107?s=61&t=GGp3Vs1t1kTWDiyA-odnZg
    if it is 'secret' it isn't in Bild. if it is in Bild it isn't secret.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,956
    Andy_JS said:

This is how long it took for the previous Dutch coalition to be formed.

"New Dutch government sworn in 10 months after last election"
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/new-dutch-government-sworn-10-months-after-last-election-2022-01-10/

I never understand how it can take so long. With their electoral system and general levels of party support they know going in there will need to be negotiations, and privately if not publicly they must have wargamed various scenarious around what might need to be given up, how much they are willing to accept to get into power, that sort of thing.
  • Options
    algarkirk said:

Leon said:

Taz said:

Leon said:

Looks legit to me

Immoral, too.”

Bild is a tabloid. They want clicks

But they generally don’t lie, especially about big stuff like this
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:

They could mix it up a bit and talk about von Daniken or something, though I don't know if he is really active in the way Icke is, or his work has just proven fodder for a genre of tv shows, movies and videogames.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,879
    Pulpstar said:

On topic, yes. Iowans tend to be fairly self indulgent from what I saw last year Whereas black Democrat primary voters know the score.

Swinson?
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

dixiedean said:

kinabalu said:

You decide.

That he's not President is as good a reason as any to give thanks.
    Yes. It's what I want for Christmas next year even more than Labour landslide.
    Labour only winning a little, or even losing, would not be as epoch altering as a second Trump term is likely to be, with the gloves taken off and open admissions of disliking election outcomes and, well, any rules.
  • Options
    Leon said:

algarkirk said:

Leon said:

Taz said:

Leon said:

Looks legit to me

Immoral, too.”

How on earth does this 'plan' fit with Trump taking office?
  • Options

That's not going to be a quick solution is it.
    They are also a lot more vulnerable to permanent destruction than a bridge. You can rebuild a bridge - as we have seen previously in Crimea but if a big enough bomb can be detonated in a tunnel the damage to and permanent weakening of the surrounding rock can make reconstruction very difficult.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Didn't the Iowans give it to Mayor Pete? Only for the result to be so delayed that it got ignored because of N Hampshire?
  • Options
    THREAD
    German newspaper @bild reveals a secret plan of Germany‘s @Bundeskanzler Scholz and @potus Biden to strangulate Ukraine with reduction of arms deliveries and force Ukraine into a deal with Russia. Before ppl start telling Bild „is a tabloid“… /1

https://x.com/sumlenny/status/1728069433317294248?s=61&t=GGp3Vs1t1kTWDiyA-odnZg
  • Options
    XR idiot, Roger Hallam, takes a Guardian ‘interview’ with Alan Partridge seriously.

😂😂😂😂

https://x.com/rogerhallamcs21/status/1728069015401058559?s=61&t=s0ae0IFncdLS1Dc7J0P_TQ
  • Options

Leon said:

algarkirk said:

Leon said:

Taz said:

Leon said:

Looks legit to me

Immoral, too.”

Dunno. Maybe Biden wants the war ‘over’ before the election so Trump can’t use it as leverage?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

And our job is to say that we will support Ukraine as long as they wish to fight.
    Britain alone?

Brave
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Didn't the Iowans give it to Mayor Pete? Only for the result to be so delayed that it got ignored because of N Hampshire?
    It's somewhat amusing to see how Biden came fourth in Iowa and FIFTH in New Hampshire.

Buttegieg may or may not go any further from his current position, but it was an impressively bold move from a young politician to essentially launch straight into a national political role from nowhere.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

And our job is to say that we will support Ukraine as long as they wish to fight.
    What do the Poles think? They are pretty much on the frontline and I doubt they will have any truck with this appeasement process.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,748
    DavidL said:

rcs1000 said:

What's your point Robert?
    The point being that taking him seriously would be like running for the hills because Leon says there is a wolf coming.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Yes, but being realistic if the US doesn't do the heavy lifting is anyone else going to outside the Baltics, who can only do so much?
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

What do the Poles think? They are pretty much on the frontline and I doubt they will have any truck with this appeasement process.
    Aren’t the Poles a bit cheesed off with Kyiv?
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

algarkirk said:

Leon said:

Taz said:

Leon said:

Looks legit to me

Immoral, too.”

Dunno. Maybe Biden wants the war ‘over’ before the election so Trump can’t use it as leverage?
    Fair point.

Of course it might be a case of "organize a negotiated line with Donbass and Crimea lost for time being" or "here's Donny and he wants to give away your entire country just to say he made the 'deal of the century' with his bestie Vlad"
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Ultimately it’s the Americans who stand hovering over the off button on the life support. Because without them - diplomatically - it’s hard to hold together a coalition.

Purely militarily given how diminished Russia now is I expect a coalition of the willing could probably help Ukraine at least hold its ground, assuming nobody would be lifting sanctions yet.
  • Options
    “Poland was Ukraine’s staunchest ally. Why is it now turning into a bitter rival?”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/oct/06/poland-ukraine-ally-rival-war-nationalist-election?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
  • Options
    Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Aren’t the Poles a bit cheesed off with Kyiv?
    It's hard to keep up thanks to this month's loons, Hamas, obscuring Ukraine news.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,551
    kle4 said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Yes, but being realistic if the US doesn't do the heavy lifting is anyone else going to outside the Baltics, who can only do so much?
    It depends on the sort of Europe, and wider world, we want to live in. I'd strongly argue that a Russian 'win' in this little adventure creates a significant chance of creating a much worse world in many different ways.
  • Options
    TimS said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Ultimately it’s the Americans who stand hovering over the off button on the life support. Because without them - diplomatically - it’s hard to hold together a coalition.

Purely militarily given how diminished Russia now is I expect a coalition of the willing could probably help Ukraine at least hold its ground, assuming nobody would be lifting sanctions yet.
    The war is drawing to an end
  • Options
    algarkirk said:

DavidL said:

Can't really see Trump reading Proust (a good lockdown standby, especially if a lockdown were to go into its tenth year). And, with respect, Proust focusses more on the consciousness of memory, and its depth rather than the stream of consciousness itself. For that Joyce is the premier division leader. Trump does a good imitation of Joyce parodying and exaggerating a political or religious lunatic. There is probably such a passage in Ulysses, because everything is there. The hell sermons in 'Portrait' are better structured than Trump.

In that sense Trump reminds me of certain people I know who, free of charge, will unknowingly provide scripts worthy of Alan Bennett.
    French MAGA would be so much better, though.

RAGE - rendre à l'Amérique sa grandeur encore.

(With apologies to DuraAce for my mangled French.)

• Options
    Leon said:

“Poland was Ukraine’s staunchest ally. Why is it now turning into a bitter rival?”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/oct/06/poland-ukraine-ally-rival-war-nationalist-election?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Agricultural trade war. But the loons then went and lost the election.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

I just hope there's a crack team within UK government planning how UK will help with the heavy lifting of resisting Russia in general across Europe ready for the Trump 2.0 arrival.

All of europe needs to plan now.

• Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,106
    Leon said:

If Ukraine has run out of men why would the US/Germany need to force them towards peace? It also seems rather implausible in terms of numbers unless the Ukrainian losses are far, far bigger than we are lead to believe. I just cannot fathom the US approach of refusing to supply long range missiles when the UK did it without escalatory consequences. The Crimean bridge is a sitting duck.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Leon said:

TimS said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

The war is drawing to an end
    Depends how you define the war. If we’re talking a ceasefire with Russia keeping its gains, then the war has only just begun. This would be the Munich stage. Couple of years to rearm and off goes Putin again.
  • Options

kle4 said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

It depends on the sort of Europe, and wider world, we want to live in. I'd strongly argue that a Russian 'win' in this little adventure creates a significant chance of creating a much worse world in many different ways.
    So would I, and thus far I feel like most of the West has learned the lesson from the fall of Crimea - that ignoring it or letting it fester will only make it worse later - but as time moves on I feel depressingly confident that lesson will be unlearned.
  • Options
    TimS said:

Leon said:

Agricultural trade war. But the loons then went and lost the election.
    Sure. But polls of Poles show war weariness in Warsaw
This discussion has been closed.