Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Most GOP voters would support Trump even if he’s convicted – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,825
edited August 2023 in General
imageMost GOP voters would support Trump even if he’s convicted – politicalbetting.com

I really don’t know what to make of this poll but there is little doubt that Trump is facing a whole pile of legal problems. The big question is what impact this will have on his efforts to regain the White House?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    First, like TASS with a flight log
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 93,627
    I don't know how he managed to obtain such loyalty, people trust him more than their own families or pastors, but it's real enough.
  • Options
    What a bunch of cucks.
  • Options
    Speaking of criminals, Tass reporting (as passed along via Sky) that private jet with Prigozhin onboard, was traveling FROM Moscow to St Petersburg.
  • Options
    If most of your voters vote for you ... then you lose.

40% of GOP voters voting for the Democrats, or sitting at home, would provide the greatest landslide since 1984.
  • Options

Speaking of criminals, Tass reporting (as passed along via Sky) that private jet with Prigozhin onboard, was traveling FROM Moscow to St Petersburg.

Probably fell for the old 'I shall guarantee your safety' gambit, he's a modern day Jan Hus.
  • Options

40% of GOP voters voting for the Democrats, or sitting at home, would provide the greatest landslide since 1984.

AuH2O says "Yo!"
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 21,274
    His plane mistaken for a Ukrainian drone?
  • Options
    FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 4,125
    edited August 2023
    kle4 said:

The best twist now would be for Prigozhin to pop up and reveal he suspected something was up and never got on the plane.

Or for him to be discovered 10 years later in a compound somewhere in West Africa.
  • Options
    rkrkrk said:

Any candidate for US president that gets ~65% of the vote from their party's primary voters is toast.

The hard bit for the Republicans is going to be reversing away from Trump worship.
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 8,804
    FPT…
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

@Sandpit was celebrating the success of “The Sound of Freedom”, a film starring, associated with and heavily promoted by Jim Caviezel.

Promoting the film, Caviezel repeatedly spoke about how he is worried about “the adrenochroming of children.” That’s the QAnon conspiracy that Democrat politicians and Hollywood moguls are extracting blood from children under torture and in sacrifices to make a psychoactive drug, adrenochrome. Caviezel said: “Essentially, you have adrenaline in your body and when you are scared, you produce the adrenaline. … If a child knows he’s going to die, his body will secrete this adrenaline and they have a lot of terms that they use that he takes me through but it’s the worst horror I’ve seen. It’s screaming alone. Even if I never, ever, ever saw it, it’s beyond. And these people that do it, um, there will be no mercy for them.” He’s said the issue is “greater than” the Nuremberg trials.

He's also said, “the storm is upon us”. The Storm is the moment when Donald Trump reveals that he’s been President all this time and orders mass arrests of the evil cabal of elites behind the child sex trafficking. He’s talked about "the Rothschild banks" and "a Rothschild pope" oppressing Christians. "I'm certainly not antisemitic," Caviezel told Steve Bannon in an interview. "The studios wouldn't hire me, but see they're all controlled by the central banks."

Former co-workers have described Caviezel as abusing a dog on set; not wanting to shoot a scene on a production where his character rescues a gay couple; saying interracial relationships should be banned; and saying Hitler “had the right idea” but went “too far”. Another former colleague said, “Working with Jim, is like working with a puppy… If that puppy liked Hitler”.

Err, nope. That’s far-left conspiracy theory that’s no better than far-right conspiracy theory.
    What part of the above is untrue? There is video of Caviezel saying the things in the first paragraph: https://twitter.com/ehananoki/status/1383419877881303045 The podcast with Steve Bannon is publicly available. There are multiple reports of Caviezel's behaviour.
    https://twitter.com/ehananoki/status/1383421963104788489?s=20 That's video of Caviezel "explaining" about adrenochrome. Are you saying that video is faked? Are you saying there's no QAnon adrenochrome conspiracy nonsense and Caviezel meant something else?
    He’s an actor, they’re all weirdos. The clips you show are very much out of context.

Here’s an interview with Tim Ballard, the subject of the movie, who asserts that there’s an actual problem with sex trafficing from Mexico to the US. https://youtube.com/watch?v=UK3NWozQXdY
    The clips aren't out of context. Provide me with the context that explains why he's talking about the "adrenochroming of children", or why he's talking about "a Rothschild pope".

How does a different person talking about something else demonstrate that it's a "far-left conspiracy theory" to say that Caviezel endorses QAnon nonsense?

Stop excusing QAnon nutters.
    You’re taking about an actor. Should I not see Top Gun or Mission Impossible, because Tom Cruise is also a total religious fruitcake?
    Does your post here mean you now accept that Caviezel promotes far-right conspiracy theories and that your claim that I was giving a “far-left conspiracy theory” when I said that the first time was in error?

I put it to you that “The Sound of Freedom” is not just a film that stars a fruitcake, but that a number of people involved in its production are QAnon fruitcakes and that it has been promoted by an entire patisserie of QAnon supporters.

I think you should stop offering apologia for QAnon conspiracists.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

I don't know how he managed to obtain such loyalty, people trust him more than their own families or pastors, but it's real enough.

Some sort of dark charisma. Some people have it in every generation.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 41,123

FPT…

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

@Sandpit was celebrating the success of “The Sound of Freedom”, a film starring, associated with and heavily promoted by Jim Caviezel.

Promoting the film, Caviezel repeatedly spoke about how he is worried about “the adrenochroming of children.” That’s the QAnon conspiracy that Democrat politicians and Hollywood moguls are extracting blood from children under torture and in sacrifices to make a psychoactive drug, adrenochrome. Caviezel said: “Essentially, you have adrenaline in your body and when you are scared, you produce the adrenaline. … If a child knows he’s going to die, his body will secrete this adrenaline and they have a lot of terms that they use that he takes me through but it’s the worst horror I’ve seen. It’s screaming alone. Even if I never, ever, ever saw it, it’s beyond. And these people that do it, um, there will be no mercy for them.” He’s said the issue is “greater than” the Nuremberg trials.

He's also said, “the storm is upon us”. The Storm is the moment when Donald Trump reveals that he’s been President all this time and orders mass arrests of the evil cabal of elites behind the child sex trafficking. He’s talked about "the Rothschild banks" and "a Rothschild pope" oppressing Christians. "I'm certainly not antisemitic," Caviezel told Steve Bannon in an interview. "The studios wouldn't hire me, but see they're all controlled by the central banks."

Former co-workers have described Caviezel as abusing a dog on set; not wanting to shoot a scene on a production where his character rescues a gay couple; saying interracial relationships should be banned; and saying Hitler “had the right idea” but went “too far”. Another former colleague said, “Working with Jim, is like working with a puppy… If that puppy liked Hitler”.

Err, nope. That’s far-left conspiracy theory that’s no better than far-right conspiracy theory.
    What part of the above is untrue? There is video of Caviezel saying the things in the first paragraph: https://twitter.com/ehananoki/status/1383419877881303045 The podcast with Steve Bannon is publicly available. There are multiple reports of Caviezel's behaviour.
    https://twitter.com/ehananoki/status/1383421963104788489?s=20 That's video of Caviezel "explaining" about adrenochrome. Are you saying that video is faked? Are you saying there's no QAnon adrenochrome conspiracy nonsense and Caviezel meant something else?
    He’s an actor, they’re all weirdos. The clips you show are very much out of context.

Here’s an interview with Tim Ballard, the subject of the movie, who asserts that there’s an actual problem with sex trafficing from Mexico to the US. https://youtube.com/watch?v=UK3NWozQXdY
    The clips aren't out of context. Provide me with the context that explains why he's talking about the "adrenochroming of children", or why he's talking about "a Rothschild pope".

How does a different person talking about something else demonstrate that it's a "far-left conspiracy theory" to say that Caviezel endorses QAnon nonsense?

You’re taking about an actor. Should I not see Top Gun or Mission Impossible, because Tom Cruise is also a total religious fruitcake?
    Does your post here mean you now accept that Caviezel promotes far-right conspiracy theories and that your claim that I was giving a “far-left conspiracy theory” when I said that the first time was in error?

I put it to you that “The Sound of Freedom” is not just a film that stars a fruitcake, but that a number of people involved in its production are QAnon fruitcakes and that it has been promoted by an entire patisserie of QAnon supporters.

Is Top Gun a religious fruitcake-content film?

*confused*
  • Options
    Personally believe, that Prigozhin may have believed his recent "success" in Niger was a "get out of playing Russian roulette Putin-style" card.?

Likely jollied along in that delusion by his contacts re: Mad Vlad's neo-Okrana/Cheka.

Wonder who YP saw during his last visit to Moscow, and who he was flying to see in St Pete?
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,751
    edited August 2023
    kle4 said:

Probably fell for the old 'I shall guarantee your safety' gambit, he's a modern day Jan Hus.
    I was thinking more Mafia-style. I bet you Putin phoned him up just before the bomb detonated. "So Yevgeny, just one more thing..."
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

FPT…

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

*confused*
    No, “Top Gun” is a film starring a fruitcake.

“The Sound of Freedom” is a film that has become associated with QAnon.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,928
    edited August 2023

FPT…

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

I suggest that you watch the interview with the subject of the film, that I linked above. He’s been rescuing children in Mexico and in the US, and isn’t a random conspiracy theorist. The children are real children, and the film has made $150m at the box office.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 52,080
    Sandpit said:

FPT…

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

I suggest that you watch the interview with the subject of the film, that I linked above. He’s been rescuing children in Mexico and in the US, and isn’t a random conspiracy theorist. The children are real children.
    One of the most complicated things in life is that just because someone is a fruitcake it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are wrong.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

FPT…

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

*confused*
    No, “Top Gun” is a film starring a fruitcake.

“The Sound of Freedom” is a film that has become associated with QAnon.
    Plenty of films have been associated with fruitcakes before, like Passion of the Christ.

This isn't his first one.
  • Options

AuH2O says "Yo!"
    Oh, Goldwater. Took me a minute. :)
  • Options
    viewcode said:

So anyway, international politics

• The Republican front-runner for POTUS is on the verge of being tried for a crime.
    • The leader of Russia just had his main rival assassinated.
    I really don't like this Tom Clancy reboot I'm in
    Then just re-reboot as Austin Powers . . .
  • Options
    viewcode said:

• The Republican front-runner for POTUS is on the verge of being tried for a crime.
    Been enjoying watching his Ryan series which I am just catching up on.

But yes. Things have a disappointing lack of certainty at the moment.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,285
    Lol
  • Options
    This is the second restaurant in a row that has missed something off my bill. I think my honesty is being tested.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

It doesn't feel as realistic as a Fred Forsyth novel
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,786

Let's hope Putin get the same treatment. If this was an assassination attempt, then he's set a precedent, hasn't he?

(A precedent was probably set with the Smolensk crash in 2010, which was rather convenient for Russia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smolensk_air_disaster
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,928
    edited August 2023

Let's hope Putin get the same treatment. If this was an assassination attempt, then he's set a precedent, hasn't he?

(A precedent was probably set with the Smolensk crash in 2010, which was rather convenient for Russia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smolensk_air_disaster
    That crash is a textbook example of what pilots call getthereitis. The external pressure on you as a pilot, to land the plane at a certain place at a certain time, irrespective of the rain and the wind. It’s often seen in diplomatic flights, and in private aviation where the principal passenger is going to a specific meeting, and private pilots are specifically trained on it.
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 26,010
    According to Flightradar24, Progizhin's jet's transponder last transponded at 28,000 feet
  • Options
    eek said:

According to Flightradar24, Progizhin's jet's transponder last transponded at 28,000 feet

Seems he Tvered off course.
  • Options
    Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRWCK9zGynA
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 26,138

eek said:

Seems he Tvered off course.
    Southbound, towards the ground.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,411
    rkrkrk said:

Any candidate for US president that gets ~65% of the vote from their party's primary voters is toast.

Normally yes. I suppose Trump path to winning is:

1. Ultraloyalists nominate him, regardless of trials.
    2. The Democrat makes a terrible but non-fatal mistake, e.g. makes everyone think he's senile.
    3. It's too late to choose a third candidate (one can't just stand, there are time limits and signature requirements to get on each state's ballot), so Trump wins.

Not more than a 10% chance IMO.
  • Options
    We are all being very naughty. When the troll turns up on Saturday and asks for names, don't tell him!
  • Options
    Sky now showing video linked to on previous thread of aircraft plunging to earth.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,942
    Those are bad numbers for Trump. 40% of GOP brains are not entirely fried.
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 12,175

We are all being very naughty. When the troll turns up on Saturday and asks for names, don't tell him!

Pike
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,448
    Meanwhile it seems that Ukraine is claiming to have advanced 3km beyond Robotyne in about a day.

The Kremlin may be good at killing civilians and assassinating allies, but not so much at the military stuff.
  • Options

viewcode said:

It doesn't feel as realistic as a Fred Forsyth novel
    Betya Benny Hill would've done a marvelous Trump impersonation! Complete with reversible mullet.
  • Options

I've realised what those clowns are up to. Their posts contain coded messages to sleeper agents. PB is being used as an information conduit by the FSB.
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 6,745
    Frank Gardner casting doubts.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 13,185
    Evening all :)

Gorgeous evening in my part of London Town.

2/3 of the GOP vote means about 30 million and presumably the Democrat will get 40-45 million so I think we can offer the guest room to Mr Landslide and Party.

There are presumably Conservative voters, party members and activists who still think Boris Johnson should be Prime Minister and Party leader and some of the voters won't now support the Party because Boris is gone?

It's a curiousity - political parties operating in a democratic environment which aren't democratic themselves. Successful political party leaders tend to become or need to become authoritarian within their own party in order to project the united image voters seem to like so in a democracy you end up with a democratic competition between non-democratic parties.

Non-democratic as distinct from anti-democratic - parties which work within a democratic system but are dedicated to its overthrow and replacement with a dictatorship of some form.
  • Options
    Sky: Rumours he was on a different plane.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

This is the second restaurant in a row that has missed something off my bill. I think my honesty is being tested.

Two working theories:

1. You were such a lovely customer, that your server decided to reward you by knocking an item off your bill, but forgot (or didn't bother) to tell you that.

2. You came across as such a cheapskate, that your server decided the only way to get you to cough up a decent tip, was by giving you a freebie to curry favor.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 11,289

Yes. This polling shows of course that a large number of Americans are completely nuts, but also that Trump has peaked. At 28% to be next POTUS he is not value. Good.
  • Options
    Nicola Sturgeon is to be stripped of her £600,000-a-year security detail over fears that it does not represent value for taxpayers, it has emerged.

In what insiders said was a highly unusual move, the former first minister kept her personal security because of fears over her safety after she left office in March.

It meant she was under police protection when other officers arrested her in June as part of an investigation into SNP finances, and raided her home in April. She has strongly denied wrongdoing.

Her husband, Peter Murrell, a former SNP chief executive, was also arrested, along with Colin Beattie, a former party treasurer. All have been released without charge pending further investigations.

Police Scotland and the Scottish Government have decided to pull the plug on Ms Sturgeon’s close protection detail following behind the scenes discussions about appropriate levels of cover and costs to the public purse.

The Scottish Sun reported that Ms Sturgeon had a team of around six officers on rotation, plus vehicles, to provide her with protection. They were kept in place after she formally stepped down on March 28, but were later scaled back and will be wound down completely this month.

It cited sources who claimed there had been a “row” and “pushback” over a decision to end the security, though this did not come from Ms Sturgeon.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/08/23/police-scotland-pull-nicola-sturgeons-600000-security-cover/
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 49,213

If they've failed to assassinate him then it might be time for Coup Mark 2.
  • Options

I've realised what those clowns are up to. Their posts contain coded messages to sleeper agents. PB is being used as an information conduit by the FSB.
    I thought it peculiar that Leon heads off on an "assignment" after they post.
  • Options

rkrkrk said:

2. The Democrat makes a terrible but non-fatal mistake, e.g. makes everyone think he's senile.
    3. It's too late to choose a third candidate (one can't just stand, there are time limits and signature requirements to get on each state's ballot), so Trump wins.

The bit I'm not sure about is the third candidate, Ralph Nader has stood but was he on the ballot in all 50 states or just some? Do not the requirements for getting on the ballot vary from state to state?
  • Options

Sky now showing video linked to on previous thread of aircraft plunging to earth.

My favourite comment off Twitter:

"Wait, is this footage from the Russian lunar lander descent?"

Like much humour, a little close to the bone. But funny.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 68,392

If they're that useless they deserve it.

What was it Peter Cook said of Thorpe's friend? A man incapable of carrying out a simple murder plot without cocking the whole thing up.
  • Options

Nicola Sturgeon is to be stripped of her £600,000-a-year security detail over fears that it does not represent value for taxpayers, it has emerged.

In what insiders said was a highly unusual move, the former first minister kept her personal security because of fears over her safety after she left office in March.

It meant she was under police protection when other officers arrested her in June as part of an investigation into SNP finances, and raided her home in April. She has strongly denied wrongdoing.

Her husband, Peter Murrell, a former SNP chief executive, was also arrested, along with Colin Beattie, a former party treasurer. All have been released without charge pending further investigations.

Police Scotland and the Scottish Government have decided to pull the plug on Ms Sturgeon’s close protection detail following behind the scenes discussions about appropriate levels of cover and costs to the public purse.

The Scottish Sun reported that Ms Sturgeon had a team of around six officers on rotation, plus vehicles, to provide her with protection. They were kept in place after she formally stepped down on March 28, but were later scaled back and will be wound down completely this month.

It cited sources who claimed there had been a “row” and “pushback” over a decision to end the security, though this did not come from Ms Sturgeon.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/08/23/police-scotland-pull-nicola-sturgeons-600000-security-cover/

In the immortal words of Cato the Elder, ab Piscibus ad Piscium pellice

translation: from Big Fish to Fish Bait
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 118,281
    Even so if 40% of 2020 Trump voters don't vote for Trump again if he is nominee but convicted and jailed that takes the Trump vote down to 28%.

That would mean a Biden landslide with Trump getting even fewer votes than the 38% Goldwater got in 1964 or the 37.5% Bush Snr got in 1992 or the 36.5% Landon got in 1936. That is the nightmare for the RNC if Trump is convicted and they allow him to still be the nominee. Albeit they may think it is better for him to take the landslide defeat, keep his voters in the tent and then rebuild post Trump
  • Options
    edited August 2023

On the other hand, if they have assassinated him, then Wagner say:

"There are rumours about the death of the head of Wagner PMC Yevgeny Prigozhin. We directly say that we suspect the Kremlin officials led by Putin of an attempt to kill him!

If the information about Prigozhin's death is confirmed, we will organize a second "March of Justice" on Moscow!

He'd better be alive, it's in your own interests...."
  • Options

"There are rumours about the death of the head of Wagner PMC Yevgeny Prigozhin. We directly say that we suspect the Kremlin officials led by Putin of an attempt to kill him!

If the information about Prigozhin's death is confirmed, we will organize a second "March of Justice" on Moscow!

They're mercenaries. They fight for whoever pays them.

I think it most unlikely they will try a March on Moscow again unless their wages have been transferred in advance.

Certainly not out of anything like loyalty to the Fat Controller.
  • Options

A higher one, perhaps?
  • Options

Nah, just posturing I'd bet. Feckless mercenary scum will rise up over their leadership being killed rather than just fall apart?
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Did the plane crash because it became unbalanced when a passenger fell out of the window?

It was a problem with de fenster systems.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

I think it most unlikely they will try a March on Moscow again unless their wages have been transferred in advance.

Perhaps he's stashed a few billion away in a trust fund that pays anyone who takes revenge.
  • Options
    I wonder how the GOP lcandidates will respond to the Russia news, given some of them have, er, complicated views on the whole affair.

(They really should spend their debate trying not to mention Trump and just talking about what they'd so as President, just to wind him up, but that's not likely).
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,981
    ydoethur said:

Omnium said:

Did the plane crash because it became unbalanced when a passenger fell out of the window?

Don't windowlene on a weak gag!
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Even so if 40% of 2020 Trump voters don't vote for Trump again if he is nominee but convicted and jailed that takes the Trump vote down to 28%.

That would mean a Biden landslide with Trump getting even fewer votes than the 38% Goldwater got in 1964 or the 37.5% Bush Snr got in 1992 or the 36.5% Landon got in 1936. That is the nightmare for the RNC if Trump is convicted and they allow him to still be the nominee. Albeit they may think it is better for him to take the landslide defeat, keep his voters in the tent and then rebuild post Trump

The problem is that defeat brings on its coat tails loss of Congress and the Senate as well as gubernatorial elections. The GOP would be completely locked out of power for at least two years.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

ydoethur said:

Omnium said:

Don't windowlene on a weak gag!
    I suggest you take your own advice. That was so bad it caused me acute pane.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

Apparently they were travelling in Bond.
  • Options

I thought it peculiar that Leon heads off on an "assignment" after they post.
    Perhaps they needed a drunken sot to divert attention by taking lots of drugs and perving on younger women whilst dribbling.

"Oi! Yev-Yev-Yevgeny! You're my best mate you are!" (falls down and shits himself)
  • Options
    edited August 2023

That crash is a textbook example of what pilots call getting hit by anti-aircraft fire

It'd be like saying Charles I died because his heart stopped beating. True, but missing a rather important intermediary step.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,600
    edited August 2023

Apparently another Wagner plane was in the air near Moscow at the same time. Now if two planes get shot down that is going to look a little bit suspicious.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

I am not a Kremlinologist, but the question should perhaps more be what the top influential oligarchs feel about this. The power behind the power.

It really does feel like the mafia at times.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    glw said:

Apparently another Wagner plane was in the air near Moscow at the same time. Now if two planes get shot down that is going to look a little bit suspicious.
    If they've shot down the wrong one that's actually hilarious.

I suppose not for the people on it, but if they're Wagner mercenaries anyway my indifference will be marked.
  • Options
    stodge said:

rkrkrk said:

The bit I'm not sure about is the third candidate, Ralph Nader has stood but was he on the ballot in all 50 states or just some? Do not the requirements for getting on the ballot vary from state to state?
    In 2000 general Ralph Nader was on the ballot in DC and every state EXCEPT for North Carolina, Oklahoma and South Dakota.

As for potential 3rd-party candidate, note that Ralph Perot did not announce he was running for President in 1992 until February of that year. He ended up with 18.9% of the popular vote.

Getting on the ballot is NOT too difficult in most states, and in few where it's hardest a candidate with real national appeal and potential should still be able to qualify.
  • Options
    Taz said:

Pike
    I was this close... :)
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    More confirmation of the chasm between English and Scottish league football as Hibs are now five down to Villa.

Why the Scottish "Premier" is considered the second most important League is a mystery - it should be at least third after the Championship. I'd expect to see Villa put five past League One and League Two sides rather than Championship teams.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

glw said:

I suppose not for the people on it, but if they're Wagner mercenaries anyway my indifference will be marked.
    This is why you stick with windows. Up close, and you know you've got the right person.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • Options

stodge said:

rkrkrk said:

In 2000 general Ralph Nader was on the ballot in DC and every state EXCEPT for North Carolina, Oklahoma and South Dakota.

As for potential 3rd-party candidate, note that Ralph Perot did not announce he was running for President in 1992 until February of that year. He ended up with 18.9% of the popular vote.

Getting on the ballot is NOT too difficult in most states, and in few where it's hardest a candidate with real national appeal and potential should still be able to qualify.
    Basically, if you have enough money and organisation you can be on the ballot in every state.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

FPT…

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

I suggest that you watch the interview with the subject of the film, that I linked above. He’s been rescuing children in Mexico and in the US, and isn’t a random conspiracy theorist. The children are real children, and the film has made $150m at the box office.
    How do those points counter what I’ve said? Yes, there are children who are trafficked. QAnon conspiracies impede the ability of law enforcement and society in general to tackle real sex trafficking.

You keep dancing around here. Are you going to concede that concerns about Caviezel are not a “far-left conspiracy theory”?
  • Options
    stodge said:

More confirmation of the chasm between English and Scottish league football as Hibs are now five down to Villa.

Why the Scottish "Premier" is considered the second most important League is a mystery - it should be at least third after the Championship. I'd expect to see Villa put five past League One and League Two sides rather than Championship teams.

Vauxhall Conference.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,981
    The BRICS need to become the BICS now.

Nobody much minds Prigozhin's departure I guess, but an exhibition of murder?
  • Options
    So you see that plane shot down by Russia? No, the Malaysian one...
  • Options
    Sheer coincidence

• Options
    stodge said:

In fairness, Rangers did make it to the Europa League final last year. I agree there is little strength in depth.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Omnium said:

A good point. Aircrafts do depressurise and crash when passengers fall out of aircraft windows
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 46,045
    stodge said:

This years Villa are pretty formidable. They thrashed Everton 4 nil the other day.
  • Options

1930s > legend of Anastasia (eventually starring Ingrid Bergmann)

2030s > legend of Yevgeny (hopefully starring Danny DeVito)
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,209
    stodge said:

Newcastle put 5 past Villa...
  • Options

ydoethur said:

glw said:

This is why you stick with windows. Up close, and you know you've got the right person.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    And if it is broke, and you intend someone to fall through it, don't fix it either.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

The BRICS need to become the BICS now.

Nobody much minds Prigozhin's departure I guess, but an exhibition of murder?

No, BRICS is better. So easy to mispronounce.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,314
    ydoethur said:

What was it Peter Cook said of Thorpe's friend? A man incapable of carrying out a simple murder plot without cocking the whole thing up.
    Well Snaz Newton didn't cock the gun when he aimed it at Norman Scott

• Options
    I was going to suggest Prigozhin might have fallen out of a window shortly before the crash. But I see about 20 people got there first.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyos-M48B8U
  • Options
    stodge said:

stodge said:

rkrkrk said:

Basically, if you have enough money and organisation you can be on the ballot in every state.
    PROVIDED you put money and organization to good use, meaning know and follow rules and laws of each state. Something that Jared proved incompetent at re: Ye's 2020 "third"-party campaign.
  • Options
    The drama of the situation is getting to me, I keep expecting a broadcast to be interrupted with a 'Prigozhin Lives!' exclamation like that cutscene from Tiberian Sun.

Rule of thumb, Putin - you cannot kill the messiah.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

stodge said:

This years Villa are pretty formidable. They thrashed Everton 4 nil the other day.
    Sadly I suspect that says more about Everton than it does about Villa.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

The drama of the situation is getting to me, I keep expecting a broadcast to be interrupted with a 'Prigozhin Lives!' exclamation like that cutscene from Tiberian Sun.

Rule of thumb, Putin - you cannot kill the messiah.

Putin IS the Messiah
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,446
    https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/aug/23/staggering-incompetence-dfe-under-fire-new-school-buildings-closed

This government is so unbelievably shit. Or maybe they actually hate kids in the state school system. That would explain a lot of what they get up to.
  • Options
    Chris said:

I was going to suggest Prigozhin might have fallen out of a window shortly before the crash. But I see about 20 people got there first.

Does that include Putin, Medvedev and Bortnikov?
This discussion has been closed.