Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Punters give Sunak a 23% chance of winning the general election – politicalbetting.com

1235»

Comments

• Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    edited November 2022
    I don't know if there is anything more cringe than PB discussing contemporary music. The scientific community is deeply divided on the issue.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Imagine if Starmer said that asylum seekers to the UK would have their valuables confiscated in order to pay for their accommodation, and that no neighbourhood could have more than a certain percentage of migrants. That's the official policy of the Social Democrat government in Denmark AFAIK.

If Starmer proposed that we'd be hearing far fewer complaints about it.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,748
    Andy_JS said:

Imagine if Starmer said that asylum seekers to the UK would have their valuables confiscated in order to pay for their accommodation, and that no neighbourhood could have more than a certain percentage of migrants. That's the official policy of the Social Democrat government in Denmark AFAIK.

I think we might go with something like 'All asylum seekers other than bordering nations should be turned away.'

Admittedly there will be future issues with the French.
  • Options
    NH had deffo been on my suprise complacency watch list.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,913

I blame the sick fucks who put pineapple on pizza for this insanity.

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Wokery has done this. Tofu eating wokerati thinking anything is acceptable.
    Thin end of the wedge. Open the reeducation camps and fill the coaches. Now.
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,359
    edited November 2022

Jonathan said:

I notice yougov have 42%/37% support Rwanda policy

I think that may come as a surprise to some and not sure but Braverman may have hit a cord with her much criticised 'invasion'

It is certainly divisive and not easily resolved

Although strongly oppose is just ahead of strongly support - and both are in the mid-20s.

It doesn't alter the fact that the policy is not as unpopular with the public as many would have you believe, and of course it is legal challenges that are preventing its implementation
    Hanging is popular, but that doesn’t make it right.
    Hanging does not have 42% support
    Out of curiosity, I checked:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/topic/Death_Penalty?content=all

In certain circumstances (terrorist murder, murder of a child, multiple murder) the death penalty is more popular than 42%.

A panicking Conservative government will find it very hard to avoid pressing that button, won't they?

#afraidveryafraid
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,822
    Just glancing at the current "blue wall" poll and beyond the top line figures (and let's not forget LD vote retention is always dismal between elections), 62% of Labour and 60% of LD supporters willing to vote tactically so the incumbent Conservatives facing tactical voting which could mean losses beyond those suggested by UNS.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

If people are supportive of the Rwanda policy, they are supportive of something that isn't working. The deal was signed six months ago. Thus far, zero refugees have gone to Rwanda. The prospects of that improving significantly look bleak. And it's costing a fair bit of taxpayers' money.

Regardless of ideology, if you judge a policy on outcomes, then Rwanda is a poor policy. Not much more to say really, is there?

But how many people who are supportive of the Rwanda policy actually know or care what it involves?

They just don't like immigrants, and anything hostile to them must be good. That's all they care about and all they need to know.
    Simply not true and good evidence of the tendency of some on the left to snear at people with alternative outlooks to themselves. You have no special imsight into the thoughts of others to be able to make such judgements. You display just the sort of arrogance which leads people to resent politicians.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

I don't know if there is anything more cringe than PB discussing contemporary music. The scientific community is deeply divided on the issue.

Im just pleased that i can now get blues with my rhythm and bass with my drum. I feel blessed.
  • Options
    It's literally the first of Nov and nevafa don't have their October voter reg figures up yet.

What kind of two bit operation are they running?
  • Options

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

I despise beans and think it looks disgusting

But how is it different from disgusting beans and cheese on toast?
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522

Our neighbour is putting up his Christmas lights

Seems very early to be honest

Oh dear.

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,011
    edited November 2022
    @disclosetv
    Biden: "Inflation is a worldwide problem right now because of a war in Iraq... excuse me, the war in Ukraine. I'm thinking about Iraq because that's where my son died."

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1587524435925417989
  • Options

Alistair said:

You're beautiful, it's true.
  • Options
    RH1992RH1992 Posts: 788
    edited November 2022

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Our local pizza shop does this although I've never tried it. (I don't like baked beans.)

From their online menu:

• Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124

Doesn't Christmas start in September now?!
    It ought to be grounds for requiting them to pay back the government energy handouts!
  • Options

Alistair said:

You're beautiful, it's true.
    But who is saying "my life is brilliant" right now?
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

The Danish election doesn't seem to be causing much of a stir on here.

It's probably not causing much of a stir in Denmark either.
    I'm up for a punt if there is a betting angle. After a good run on Rishi and Lula my politics betting bank is well charged. Though I went down badly on Truss, I really did not expect that.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

On toast they were keeping it within their own community, they are trying to push their sick pecadillo onto the pizza pie community. Violence will surely follow
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

Well it's 87% turnout for results so far, I don't think the UK has managed that since at least 1950....
  • Options

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

On toast they were keeping it within their own community, they are trying to push their sick pecadillo onto the pizza pie community. Violence will surely follow
    Tell you what's fucking delicious - Hawaiian Naan
  • Options
    stodge said:

Just glancing at the current "blue wall" poll and beyond the top line figures (and let's not forget LD vote retention is always dismal between elections), 62% of Labour and 60% of LD supporters willing to vote tactically so the incumbent Conservatives facing tactical voting which could mean losses beyond those suggested by UNS.

And, weirdly, 45% of Tories. Im not sure who they are tactically voting for in straight defence.
  • Options

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Why are you so wound up about pizzas? if people want to eat pizzas with ridiculous toppings isn't that their business? Despite the best efforts of Suella Braverman this is still a free country.
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,522
    edited November 2022
    It's like banging your head against a brick wall. If the Rwanda scheme is failing because of legal challenges (lefty lawyers if you prefer) then it is a bad policy. Because a competent government would have anticipated that and either overcome it in advance, changed the law, or come up with a different policy. Don't blame the lawyers - blame the policy makers.
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 9,458
    edited November 2022

Jonathan said:

I notice yougov have 42%/37% support Rwanda policy

I think that may come as a surprise to some and not sure but Braverman may have hit a cord with her much criticised 'invasion'

It is certainly divisive and not easily resolved

Although strongly oppose is just ahead of strongly support - and both are in the mid-20s.

It doesn't alter the fact that the policy is not as unpopular with the public as many would have you believe, and of course it is legal challenges that are preventing its implementation
    Hanging is popular, but that doesn’t make it right.
    Hanging does not have 42% support
    Out of curiosity, I checked:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/topic/Death_Penalty?content=all

In certain circumstances (terrorist murder, murder of a child, multiple murder) the death penalty is more popular than 42%.

A panicking Conservative government will find it very hard to avoid pressing that button, won't they?

#afraidveryafraid
    That’s the Tories’ Putin nukes. The final terror weapon to be deployed when all else fails. I’m hopeful that most Tories will have just shrugged and accepted a period in opposition before that happens. The hang-em and flog-em brigade has always been present in the Conservative Party and I’m not sure it’s any more prevalent now than in the past. It’s the nationalistic element that has grown in influence.
  • Options
    ...and Israel

https://13tv.co.il/live/

https://votes25.bechirot.gov.il/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_Israeli_legislative_election

Unlike Denmark which will probably finish counting in 3-4 hours after poll closing, Israel counts slowly and we aren't likely to get any results for a while.

Thanks,

DC
  • Options

NewThread

• Options

Andy_JS said:

Though I went down badly on Truss, I really did not expect that.
    Christ, is there anyone who didn't?
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,053
    This thread is an ex thread. It is no more.
  • Options
    AlistairMAlistairM Posts: 2,004

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Heinz made one years ago.

• Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,306

@disclosetv
    Biden: "Inflation is a worldwide problem right now because of a war in Iraq... excuse me, the war in Ukraine. I'm thinking about Iraq because that's where my son died."

It is where his son died isn't it?
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,811
    Taz said:

In 51st state news, the BBC website has been offering "live coverage of the tributes to Takeoff, who was shot dead early this morning in Houston, Texas".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/63471396

The reach of BBC News probably means only 4 people watching know who Takeoff is.

And 2 of them don't give a shiny shit.
    Apparently his band were ‘the Beatles of their generation’ according to that BBC live feed.

I guess that makes this unfortunate chap their John Lennon.
    Think it just confirms the BBC are bollox and a waste of money. Make the feckers survive or die commercially.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,811

Taz said:

In 51st state news, the BBC website has been offering "live coverage of the tributes to Takeoff, who was shot dead early this morning in Houston, Texas".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/63471396

The reach of BBC News probably means only 4 people watching know who Takeoff is.

And 2 of them don't give a shiny shit.
    Apparently his band were ‘the Beatles of their generation’ according to that BBC live feed.

I guess that makes this unfortunate chap their John Lennon.
    You think anybody will know who he was in 40 years time?
    Who knew him now , bet most people had never heard of him and still don't.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,109

@disclosetv

It is where his son died isn't it?
    Not unless Delaware has moved an awfully long way.

Joe blames some of the chemicals Beau was exposed to in Iraq for his fatal brain tumour, which is I think the link in his mind. But he died in the United States.
This discussion has been closed.