Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The voters are clear about a Boris Johnson return – politicalbetting.com

1235»

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Posts: 1,256
    Has Stuart had more than Leon tonight?
  • Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,860
    Some of Putin's have upped the rhetoric: "Aleksey Pavlov, the assistant secretary to the security council of Russia, is said to claim the existence of satanic sects and a ‘satanic church’ in Ukraine which calls for ‘killing Russians’, Express reports."
    source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/vladimir-putin-given-bizarre-new-title-in-russia-amid-kremlin-s-holy-war/ar-AA13tT1V?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=f1850138ef2140bfa413d7bc44b6cd61

Well, that would help explain all those Russian defeats.
  • Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,860
    Correction: "Putin's followers"
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 5,907

HYUFD said:

Sunak considering freezing overseas aid spending for 2 years

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1586099343718752257?s=20&t=laAVL0mt3e4R6czBSnXi3A

Mitchell first out of Cabinet?
    This filed under “ if we have to suffer let’s make those with absolutely nothing suffer even more “ more red meat thrown to the baying mob . The cynicism is vomit inducing .
  • ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 3,534
    dixiedean said:

Wonder how many TA's we'll get back after half term?
    Lidl is paying £11 an hour. A 16% increase on a TA pay. And get paid in the holidays too.

My (public sector) $work has been advertising for 'senior' Linux sysadmins for less money than than a Lidl till manager gets and wondering why they have very few applicants. I think I've probably spent a years worth of Lidl salary this year just reading CV's and replying 'no...'.
  • Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 8,163
    Ishmael_Z said:

No disrespect to anybody at all, but bloody hell it's dull on here tonight. Even Leon can't liven it up. I take it there's nothing much going on.

28 October 2022: nothing happened.

Sunak's achievement is to make politics boring for the first time since 2016. Good for him.
    Well, he is doing what I thought he would do - carrying out bone-headed policies instead of half-crazed policies like Truss.

They are back to pleasing the Tory faithful until they slide onto the Opposition benches.
  • StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146

Has Stuart had more than Leon tonight?

More cocaine and prostitutes?

No.

Which is super easy, as I’m on zero for both, and Sean’s record is well screenshotted.
  • Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,677

HYUFD said:

Why do #BBCNews keep calling Sinn Fein nationalists? What do Sinn Fein want? A united ireland. European unionism. They’re Unionists.

What does the DUP want? Out of the EU. In an insular narrow minded UK. They’re Nationalists.

https://twitter.com/frcola1/status/1585908752011730944?s=46&t=xXCnauD2Q26kTZsbtuiG5g

SF are Irish nationalists.

They were also the political wing of a terrorist organisation which the DUP never were
    Quite right.

🎵 The kind you find in a second hand store 🎵
  • Dura_Ace said:

HYUFD said:

Why do #BBCNews keep calling Sinn Fein nationalists? What do Sinn Fein want? A united ireland. European unionism. They’re Unionists.

What does the DUP want? Out of the EU. In an insular narrow minded UK. They’re Nationalists.

https://twitter.com/frcola1/status/1585908752011730944?s=46&t=xXCnauD2Q26kTZsbtuiG5g

They were also the political wing of a terrorist organisation which the DUP never were
    Quite right.

The political party formerly known as gun runners.
    edited October 2022
    Dura_Ace said:

HYUFD said:

Quite right.

The DUP have nothing to recommend them unless you believe in a flat Earth, a 6,000 year old universe and an unshakeable belief that the Pope is the devil's paw and wants to wipe them out.

In other words politicians fit for the 16th Century. Even JRM is liberal by comparison
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,229
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Quite right.

No DUP elected officials were former terrorists unlike SF elected officials.

The political wing of the loyalist terrorist groups were parties like the PUP
    Please don't claim that any DUP politicians are currently members of proscribed terrorist organizations.
  • carnforthcarnforth Posts: 4,281
    Turns out our spending on asylum seekers is arranged by deducting the cost from our foreign aid budget:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63432585

Apparently sanctioned under international norms, but it surprised me.
  • FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,553
    Well well.... I've never watched the film The Birdcage (1996) but just saw this clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pR2i-NQCZ8

Gene Hackman's character appears to be right about John Major.
    rcs1000 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Quite right.

No DUP elected officials were former terrorists unlike SF elected officials.

The political wing of the loyalist terrorist groups were parties like the PUP
    Please don't claim that any DUP politicians are currently members of proscribed terrorist organizations.
    Shhhhhh…….
  • AlistairMAlistairM Posts: 2,005

Some of Putin's have upped the rhetoric: "Aleksey Pavlov, the assistant secretary to the security council of Russia, is said to claim the existence of satanic sects and a ‘satanic church’ in Ukraine which calls for ‘killing Russians’, Express reports."
    source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/vladimir-putin-given-bizarre-new-title-in-russia-amid-kremlin-s-holy-war/ar-AA13tT1V?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=f1850138ef2140bfa413d7bc44b6cd61

Well, that would help explain all those Russian defeats.

What is this sect? The Ukrainian Army? To be fair, I'm fairly sure they will be aiming to kill Russians. Doesn't make them satanists.
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 13,202
    nico679 said:

Sunak after a decent start of 24 hours is fast going down the plug hole.

From his decision to bring back the sociopath Braverman and now putting the blocks on Charles going to Egypt .

Since the vast majority of the UK public agree on climate change I don’t see what’s controversial about Charles going .

Telegraph and Mail and express trump vast majority of voters in Sunak’s insecure mind.

In some ways the side Sunak has picked to fight on in climate debate runs contrary to honouring the 2019 manifesto and the Boris government? Hence nad getting mad.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 77,440
    Labour leaflet for Bassetlaw

Candidate is John Mann's wife

"Conservative MPs have stabbed Boris Johnson in the back and are more focused on ministerial jobs than serving local people.I will never be like that" on the back
    The 2019 candidate was a proper corbynite. Jo White a much better match for the constituency
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 121,038
    edited October 2022
    Pulpstar said:

"Conservative MPs have stabbed Boris Johnson in the back and are more focused on ministerial jobs than serving local people.I will never be like that" on the back

First Labour pro Boris leaflet emerges after spending months trashing him the immediate u turn in the red wall seats quite a sight
    HYUFD said:

Pulpstar said:

First Labour pro Boris leaflet emerges after spending months trashing him the immediate u turn in the red wall seats quire a sight
    You alright hun?
  • edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,550
    edited October 2022
    rcs1000 said:

Nigelb said:

FWIW, I think he as likely to run it into the ground as he is to successfully transform it.

Maybe, success is far from guaranteed. But cutting dead wood is a great start, and there's no wood more dead than Twitter's (ex) senior management. They've done nothing to move the business forward. I mean, can anyone who uses Twitter name one thing Agrawal and his team did to improve the platform's prospects? I certainly can't. Paying $200m to get rid of them is small beans on a $44bn investment.

Musk's plan to make Twitter a western WeChat is risky and ambitious, but it's a viable plan. The former management's plan was... well, something, something, growth. Possibly.
    He was always going to get rid of CFO/CFO/GC, etc., and that's to be expected.

I probably wouldn't have got rid of data analytics people - at least not on mass, and not on day one. Because you will end up hiring a bunch of people who don't know how the existing systems work, and that's a tough place to be.

I'm also sceptical about the everything app opportunity: can Twitter really dethrone Facebook, Google, Instagram, Apple, etc?

Ultimately: Twitter is moderately popular. It can probably be monetized better off a smaller cost base. But it isn't a growing platform. Maybe Musk can wring $7 bn of revs out of it in a year. And maybe he can do that with just a $2bn cost base. (But be warned: if people stop spending time on Twitter because investment has stopped, then that $7bn is going in only one direction.)

And I'd also note that it's not like Elon doesn't have other jobs: he's CEO of SpaceX and Tesla. I wish him well, and I'm sure he'll do a better job than the previous owners, but I suspect it will never pay back the $44bn.
    Clearly he wouldn't have done it if he'd known the market for tech stocks would dump, that's why he tried to wriggle out of it. But that's kind of an occupational hazard of buying a company, there's a time lag where such things can happen.

I think it's synergistic with SpaceX and Tesla because he can sell access to the western news agenda to governments in exchange for contracts, licenses and subsidies. So the market's acted efficiently in allocating Twitter to Musk, rather than to someone else who wouldn't have the same ability to milk it for political favours.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,969
    Just saw Rishi dealing with the woman in the hospital. He dealt with it very, very well didn't he?

You can imagine him doing well meeting the public in a general election campaign....
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 22,461
    Just catching up.

I see that Rishi is an instant busted flush and Liz Truss is a renaissance woman whose time has come.

A week surely is an eternity in politics.
    Someone from UK Plc should attend COP, even if it’s Spy Suella or Red Rayner.

Anyone is better than no-one.

Just catching up.

I see that Rishi is an instant busted flush and Liz Truss is a renaissance woman whose time has come.

No. Truss is still a fruitcake from the lunatic fringe of politics. Sunak is still a mediocre politician who was popular for giving away more money than Labour ever dreamt existed.

Sunak is still an improvement on Truss, but that does not make him a great leader.

Spy Suella?

Leaky Sue surely?
    edited October 2022
    GIN1138 said:

Just saw Rishi dealing with the woman in the hospital. He dealt with it very, very well didn't he?

You can imagine him doing well meeting the public in a general election campaign....

Disaster incoming.

Spy Suella?

Leaky Sue surely?
    LOL! :D

Well well.... I've never watched the film The Birdcage (1996) but just saw this clip:

It's very silly, and very funny.

Spy Suella?

Leaky Sue surely?
    Tena Lady

Just catching up.

No. Truss is still a fruitcake from the lunatic fringe of politics. Sunak is still a mediocre politician who was popular for giving away more money than Labour ever dreamt existed.

Sunak is still an improvement on Truss, but that does not make him a great leader.
    ‘Twas a joke TBH

Spy Suella?

Leaky Sue surely?
    Sieve-Ella ?

Andy_JS said:

Omnisis
    @Omnisis
    🚨 VI 🚨 A few days in Rishi Sunak’s tenure as PM, the polls are showing a small bounce but Labour have a formidable 28 point lead. Field 27-28 Oct 2022 🧵

Con: 25% (+3 from 21-22 Oct)
    Lab: 53% (-3)
    Lib Dem 7% (-3)
    Green 4%(0)
    Reform UK 6%(+3)
    SNP 4% (0)

Broken, sleazy Labour on the slide (yet again!).
    Who was it who first came up with that classic PB phrase?
    Not sure. Maybe it was tim?
    Whose Tim?

Did he get sucked off like they do in ghosts?

Lots of sucking off in ghosts. Even the main players get sucked off.
    I’m the only Ghosts fan here then 👻
    GIN1138 said:

They say Liz Truss was behind the scenes, in the hospital.

The power behind the throne.
  • Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 9,763

Just catching up.

Why it is a talking shop where countries send people at huge carbon deficits to stay in places that are conspicuous consumption to make promises they have no intention of keeping. It is slightly more pointless than watching paint dry
    edited October 2022
    Broken, sleazy Tories on the slide (now amended to any party of your choice that happens to be on a downwards trajectory in the polls) came from "Gabble" (who it was rumoured but never confirmed was a now ex-Labour MP) before and during the 2010 election when Cameron blew the Tories large lead over Labour.
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 60,216
    Clinicians in NHS Scotland gender clinics are secretly following ‘extreme’ guidelines from body that supports sex change surgery for children.

NHS and Scot Gov had strongly denied ⁦@wpath rules followed, but senior clinician reveals they are.

https://twitter.com/DSanderson_85/status/1585904186771873793
    rcs1000 said:

Do you have a vote in the next UK general election Robert?
    edited October 2022
    Pagan2 said:

Just catching up.

Why it is a talking shop where countries send people at huge carbon deficits to stay in places that are conspicuous consumption to make promises they have no intention of keeping. It is slightly more pointless than watching paint dry
    Liz Truss MP.

The elder stateswoman.

The legend.

World Queen.

Pagan2 said:

Just catching up.

Liz Truss MP.

The elder stateswoman.

The legend.

World Queen.

and your response to me had exactly what to do with what I said....oh yes nothing whatsoever. However my fault as I actually somehow managed to respond to the wrong comment and meant to respond to the one about someone not attending cop27. So mea culpa

Just catching up.

‘Twas a joke TBH
    Indeed. But Sunak is still a second rater surrounded by 4th rate politicos primarily selected by Boris and Truss. I do not expect it to end well.

Just catching up.

Nobody on this planet, even in this universe, is an improvement on Mary Elizabeth Truss.

She is the ultimate politician.

The perfect leader.

The Drake has finally - impossibly - been eclipsed.

There’s a new girl on campus.

And she’s here to change the world.

TRUSS

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Just catching up.

Liz Truss MP.

The elder stateswoman.

The legend.

World Queen.

and your response to me had exactly what to do with what I said....oh yes nothing whatsoever. However my fault as I actually somehow managed to respond to the wrong comment and meant to respond to the one about someone not

attending cop27. So mea culpa
    T

R

U

S

S

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Just catching up.

Liz Truss MP.

The elder stateswoman.

The legend.

World Queen.

and your response to me had exactly what to do with what I said....oh yes nothing whatsoever. However my fault as I actually somehow managed to respond to the wrong comment and meant to respond to the one about someone not

T

R

U

S

S

I pointed out my comment was mistakenly put to yours, it happens It was meant to go against a comment about someone not going to cop. Why not accept a mistake as I am no fan of truss nor ever claimed to support her and instead keep it going?

Just catching up.

‘Twas a joke TBH
    Indeed. But Sunak is still a second rater surrounded by 4th rate politicos primarily selected by Boris and Truss. I do not expect it to end well.
    Sunak is merely a cover.

For the second coming of … Truss:

The pinnacle.

The summit.

The zenith.

The upside of the upside.
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Just catching up.

Liz Truss MP.

The elder stateswoman.

The legend.

World Queen.

T

R

U

S

S

I pointed out my comment was mistakenly put to yours, it happens It was meant to go against a comment about someone not going to cop. Why not accept a mistake as I am no fan of truss nor

ever claimed to support her and instead keep it going?
    Pagan ❤️ M E T

Andy_JS said:

Omnisis
    @Omnisis
    🚨 VI 🚨 A few days in Rishi Sunak’s tenure as PM, the polls are showing a small bounce but Labour have a formidable 28 point lead. Field 27-28 Oct 2022 🧵

Con: 25% (+3 from 21-22 Oct)
    Lab: 53% (-3)
    Lib Dem 7% (-3)
    Green 4%(0)
    Reform UK 6%(+3)
    SNP 4% (0)

Broken, sleazy Labour on the slide (yet again!).
    Who was it who first came up with that classic PB phrase?
    Not sure. Maybe it was tim?
    Yes, pretty sure it was tim. Much missed.
    Massie blocking half of the Scottish audience for simply pointing out the inaccuracies in his work is embarrassing.

It also shows you how much Scots crave impartial journalism and fair reporting.

This has nothing to do with politics. It has everything to do with integrity.

https://twitter.com/ikaferrergotic/status/1586030652574420993?s=46&t=ff1eNQXLj0-jaLbzreI4PQ

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Just catching up.

Liz Truss MP.

The elder stateswoman.

The legend.

World Queen.

T

R

U

S

S

I pointed out my comment was mistakenly put to yours, it happens It was meant to go against a comment about someone not going to cop. Why not accept a mistake as I am no fan of truss nor

Pagan ❤️ M E T

No idea what that is meant to mean so will leave you to your juvenality shouting TRUSS for no apparent reason. Have a ball
  • Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,780

Keir Starmer, on the grounds that as the current PM hasn't got long left, the next PM is the one that matters.
    Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Just catching up.

Liz Truss MP.

The elder stateswoman.

The legend.

World Queen.

T

R

U

S

S

Pagan ❤️ M E T

No idea what that is meant to mean so will leave

you to your juvenality shouting TRUSS for no apparent reason. Have a ball
    Good night

• CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 60,216
    rcs1000 said:

And the French original is even better (though in fairness the American remake did not banjax it as so often happens).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9uoH2Y0KsCU

Keir Starmer, on the grounds that as the current PM hasn't got long left, the next PM is the one that matters.
    that is the comment I meant to reply to and attending cop 27 is as pointless still as attending cop 26. Its meaningless. Its a talking shop where people will voice agreements for targets they have zero intention of keeping while at the same time imposing flying to far off holiday destinations to attend and causing more environmental damage. When they do the cop59 by zoom we will know they are getting serious. Till then no one cares if anyone attends
    Pagan2 said:

that is the comment I meant to reply to and attending cop 27 is as pointless still as attending cop 26. Its meaningless. Its a talking shop where people will voice agreements for targets they have zero intention of keeping while at the same time imposing flying to far off holiday destinations to attend and causing more environmental damage. When they do the cop59 by zoom we will know they are getting serious. Till then no one cares if anyone attends
    Yeah! Better to do nothing and just fiddle while Rome burns! :+1:

Pagan2 said:

Pagan2 said:

Just catching up.

Liz Truss MP.

The elder stateswoman.

The legend.

World Queen.

T

R

U

S

S

Whatever it is, please stop drinking it :smile:

Goodnight!

rcs1000 said:

And the French original is even better (though in fairness the American remake did not banjax it as so often happens).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9uoH2Y0KsCU
    Wow.

I didn't know that. Thank you

rcs1000 said:

Yes

Pagan2 said:

Yeah! Better to do nothing and just fiddle while Rome burns! :+1:
    Better do nothing than spend a lot of carbon on doing nothing which is what most cop conferences have turned out to be.
  • StillWatersStillWaters Posts: 7,852

I was just jumping into to correct @BartholomewRoberts misapprehension.

Monetary sterilisation is the right overall strategy but the US has notable advantages that we don’t.

It wouldn’t be right for me to comment in too much detail on these topics but rest assured that I never do anything without due and appropriate hesitation.

☺️

The right strategy to acheive what outcome though? What does success look like?
    To return the money supply back to appropriate levels and squeeze asset price inflation out of the system. A soft landing would be success.
  • DJ41DJ41 Posts: 792
    edited October 2022
    HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Andy_JS said:

Sunak is awesome.

Rishi Sunak is upholding Liz Truss’s decision to stop King Charles attending the Cop 27 climate conference, despite the monarch “ champing at the bit” to go.

The prime minister faces criticism over his own decision to skip the event and has been under pressure to allow the monarch to attend instead.

Charles is believed to be disappointed by the advice from No 10 that he should miss the event, which starts in Egypt next weekend, with allies suggesting that Sunak should let him go to prove Britain’s environmental commitment. However, the King will not force the issue after Downing Street made clear yesterday that Sunak would not reopen any debate about it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rishi-sunak-will-deny-king-charles-his-trip-to-cop27-talks-h8nx5bgct

The Queen was always totally non political and the best thing for Charles is to do the same thing.
    If you think HM was non-political, I have a Garden Bridge to sell you.
    The Queen went to COP 26 anyway
    She made a ceremonial address by video as head of state of the host country. Heads of state of host countries often do that for international gatherings of various types. It's unremarkable.

If the British king went to COP27 in Egypt, he'd be likely to start rambling about Rudolf Steiner, "Doctor Dee", and the golden section, as he does in his book "Harmony". All in a pained voice as if he feels the Earth's suffering and has been entrusted with a mission to restore Poundbury-type "natural" order not just to a corner of Dorset but to all possible universes.

Is there a market on how long he will remain in his current position?
    I note Rishi met an actual member of the public today :D
  • Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WillG said:

Leon said:

Hahahahah Musk owns Twitter

Suck it up

I didn’t see any of these pathetic liberal pantywaists weeping similarly when Facebook and Twitter were on THEIR side and spent A YEAR censoring any mention of the lab leak hypothesis in case it “helped Trump”

Facebook on the liberal side? It's literally the #1 right wing media outlet.
    Talk me through that
    A few articles that do just that…

https://www.wired.com/2016/11/facebook-won-trump-election-not-just-fake-news/amp

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/09/26/facebook-conservatives-2020-421146

https://fortune.com/2016/11/10/facebook-blame-trump/amp/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/03/22/all-the-ways-trumps-campaign-was-aided-by-facebook-ranked-by-importance/

Zuckerburg admitted on Joe Rogan that Facebook and Twitter suppressed the Hunter Biden story at the request of the FBI

If you've got anything to beat that, knock yerself out

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/3sYN1Beg4NI
    Yes. I I’ve posted four articles detailing how the basic manner in which Facebook works, it’s algorithm and overall platform structure, helped Trump get elected. It’s late and I don’t have the time, or the crayons, to explain this to you further.
    Blah blah blah blah blah...

Oh wait here's a video of Zuckerberg personally admitting that Facebook suppressed a true story at the behest of the FBI and on behalf of Joe Biden

Ouch
    Watch your video again. That is not quite what Mark Zuckerberg says.
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Yes
    Are you settled in your mind what you are going to do with it this time?

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Yes
    I shall use my cross wisely.

By crucifying a politician.
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Yes
    I shall use my cross wisely.

By crucifying a politician.
    😧
    . .
  • StillWatersStillWaters Posts: 7,852
    edited October 2022

Dura_Ace said:

HYUFD said:

Quite right.

The political party formerly known as gun runners.
    Wasn’t it the UUP who were linked to Larne?

• ydoethurydoethur Posts: 70,632

A truly epic irony fail.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,551
    Pulpstar said:

I note Rishi met an actual member of the public today :D

His butler?
    DJ41 said:

HYUFD said:

Carnyx said:

Andy_JS said:

Sunak is awesome.

Rishi Sunak is upholding Liz Truss’s decision to stop King Charles attending the Cop 27 climate conference, despite the monarch “ champing at the bit” to go.

The prime minister faces criticism over his own decision to skip the event and has been under pressure to allow the monarch to attend instead.

Charles is believed to be disappointed by the advice from No 10 that he should miss the event, which starts in Egypt next weekend, with allies suggesting that Sunak should let him go to prove Britain’s environmental commitment. However, the King will not force the issue after Downing Street made clear yesterday that Sunak would not reopen any debate about it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rishi-sunak-will-deny-king-charles-his-trip-to-cop27-talks-h8nx5bgct

The Queen was always totally non political and the best thing for Charles is to do the same thing.
    If you think HM was non-political, I have a Garden Bridge to sell you.
    The Queen went to COP 26 anyway
    She made a ceremonial address by video as head of state of the host country. Heads of state of host countries often do that for international gatherings of various types. It's unremarkable.

If the British king went to COP27 in Egypt, he'd be likely to start rambling about Rudolf Steiner, "Doctor Dee", and the golden section, as he does in his book "Harmony". All in a pained voice as if he feels the Earth's suffering and has been entrusted with a mission to restore Poundbury-type "natural" order not just to a corner of Dorset but to all possible universes.

Is there a market on how long he will remain in his current position?
    There will be lots of Heads of State there, climate change is an issue not dispute by anybody bar a tiny minority especially in the UK. While action on climate change is something of particular importance to the young, a demographic the monarchy wants to do more to appeal to

HYUFD said:

You do make some sweeping statements!

Now I wouldn't wish to, and neither will I, diminish the carnage caused by republican terrorist organisations in Northern Ireland. Nonetheless Arlene Foster (among others) was criticised not that long ago for meeting representatives of the UDA, the UVF and the Red Hand Commandos. Now despite what you may think, none of those organisations are Boy Scout affiliates.

Imagine kneeling down in a field off Five Mile Straight with a hood over the head and the muzzle of a Glock resting on the forehead. Would we be hoping our captors were the UVF rather than the IRA, or would we be ****** either way?
    Sinn Fein members were literally on the IRA Council.

Journalist Peter Taylor showed how Martin McGuinness headed the IRA Northern Command and had advance knowledge of the 1987 Remembrance Day bombing.

Neither Foster nor Donaldson were ever directing loyalist paramilitary bombings and it is wrong to equate the DUP past with Sinn Fein's in that way. Sinn Fein literally was the political wing of the IRA
This discussion has been closed.