Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

And so Day 44 of Truss’s premiership continues – politicalbetting.com

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,957

Hang on, so I missed the PM not voting in her own three-line whip?

Indeed. Words fail.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,926
    Targeted ads like this will be going live tomorrow. Labour looking to make life as uncomfortable as possible for Tory MPs after tonight's fracking vote debacle. https://twitter.com/KevinASchofield/status/1582843672323710976/photo/1
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,599

Shall we have a sweep on how many cabinet resignations tomorrow?

Do they count if they unresign the same day?
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,957
    "We are all Charles Walker".
    Apparently.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,208

Wasn't Shapps slagging off the government at the weekend?

I'm confused.

Thank goodness we avoided Chaos with Ed Miliband.

None of these people has any self-respect.

How did we end up with an entire generation of conservatives who have no acquaintance with integrity or personal honour???
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,117
    edited October 2022
    OllyT said:

Pulpstar said:

Arizona GOP candidate who said he wanted “our children protected [from] the progressive left" was arrested for masturbating outside of a preschool

“I’m sorry. I fucked up. I’m really stressed.”

Officials say it's too late to remove him from the ballot

"I'm really stressed"

That old chestnut.
    OllyT said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Anyway. Fuck it. Cheers

The chief whip got your message.
    Leon said:

Anyway. Fuck it. Cheers

Seriously, don't you have an instagram or facebook account you could post your holiday snaps on?
    One or two is fine but Leon is trying to turn this into Facebook or something. Holiday snaps and conspiracy theories.
    Agreed, if it's something interesting, others do that as well and I enjoy them in small doses.

With Leon we get 20 a day when he's away, endless photos of a drink on a table, nondescript plates of food. It's just boring. Most of us have travelled, we know what a glass of wine and a mountain and a train look like.
    Point of order. They aren’t holiday snaps

I’m here working - for the Gazette. I’m on the Rocky Mountaineer train from Denver to Moab, a brand new service, and they’ve asked lots of guests

I recommend it. The scenery is majestic and the margaritas are fantastic. It’s a snip at $1500 for two days

Tho I’m not paying. Obviously

• Options
    Absolutely incredible opening to itv news tonight https://twitter.com/notinaboyband/status/1582843224132972544/video/1
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    Scott_xP said:

Oh, fuck, he's back

🔥 👀 A call to arms… https://twitter.com/gbnews/status/1582839405617692672

The oyster eyes effect is fucking hilarious. The Crazy Frog look.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Shall we have a sweep on how many cabinet resignations tomorrow?

Do they count if they unresign the same day?
    Double points, surely.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,944
    Betting post (!)

I am on Truss out in 2022 at 8/1 and Lab overall majority at 5/1

I am substantially in profit on both of these bets if I cash out now.

Truss out in 2022 seems like a dead cert therefore I assume I should let it ride and pick up my winnings next week.

However, I'm assuming once Truss is gone the grown ups take over the Conservatives and (assuming Sunak or Hunt or, well, anyone competent takes over) my cash out on Lab overall majority drops like a stone.

So what do we think? Cash out on Lab overall majority now and let the bet on Truss ride? Or let both ride, as there's no way back for the Conservatives from here?
  • Options
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    Scott_xP said:

Oh, fuck, he's back

🔥 👀 A call to arms… https://twitter.com/gbnews/status/1582839405617692672

For god's sake when will this yesterday's man stop? Farage got the main policy he wanted, the rest is details, he cannot expect us to believe he is uniquely placed to protest, what, lack of true Toryism? If that was what he wanted why wasn't he in the party the whole time? PLenty of Brexiters were.
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,978

I'm confused.

How did we end up with an entire generation of conservatives who have no acquaintance with integrity or personal honour???
    Brexit.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Hang on, so I missed the PM not voting in her own three-line whip?

Yes, but it wasn't a confidence vote, so she's OK...
    It was a bait-and-switch time in HoC.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Dick and Dom
    @dickndom
    #GeneralElectionNow you twisted fucks.

https://twitter.com/dickndom/status/1582810569790267392
  • Options
    Kirsty Strickland
    @KirstyStricklan
    Blink once if you still want to be chief whip, twice if you’re being kept in post against your will

https://twitter.com/KirstyStricklan/status/1582837402632335360
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,138
    Leon said:

OllyT said:

Pulpstar said:

Arizona GOP candidate who said he wanted “our children protected [from] the progressive left" was arrested for masturbating outside of a preschool

"I'm really stressed"

That old chestnut.
    OllyT said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Anyway. Fuck it. Cheers

Leon said:

Anyway. Fuck it. Cheers

Seriously, don't you have an instagram or facebook account you could post your holiday snaps on?
    One or two is fine but Leon is trying to turn this into Facebook or something. Holiday snaps and conspiracy theories.
    Agreed, if it's something interesting, others do that as well and I enjoy them in small doses.

With Leon we get 20 a day when he's away, endless photos of a drink on a table, nondescript plates of food. It's just boring. Most of us have travelled, we know what a glass of wine and a mountain and a train look like.

I’m here working - for the Gazette. I’m on the Rocky Mountaineer train from Denver to Moab, a brand new service, and they’ve asked lots of guests

I recommend it. The scenery is majestic and the margaritas are fantastic. It’s a snip at $1500 for two days

If the Law Society Gazette is spending my practicing certificate money sending you off on some American junket they can fuck right off.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    Scott_xP said:

That makes her look like a young Hazel O'Connor, and seriously fanciable. Wrong on any number of levels.
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

Betting post (!)

Truss out in 2022 seems like a dead cert therefore I assume I should let it ride and pick up my winnings next week.

However, I'm assuming once Truss is gone the grown ups take over the Conservatives and (assuming Sunak or Hunt or, well, anyone competent takes over) my cash out on Lab overall majority drops like a stone.

So what do we think? Cash out on Lab overall majority now and let the bet on Truss ride? Or let both ride, as there's no way back for the Conservatives from here?

I would deffo cash out the Lab Maj.

I'd also rejig your Truss bet and lay off some of it.
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,944
    Alistair said:

kyf_100 said:

Betting post (!)

I would deffo cash out the Lab Maj.

I'd also rejig your Truss bet and lay off some of it.
    Thank you. Agree - it's never bad to take profit.

Also - new thread!
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962
    New thread.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,599
    Ishmael_Z said:

Scott_xP said:

That makes her look like a young Hazel O'Connor, and seriously fanciable. Wrong on any number of levels.
    Truss could never manage the sexual angst of ""Will you?"
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,376
    On BBC News - wall to wall on the government and their inventions of new fuck ups.

Cut to a report from the front line in Donbass. The Ukrainian soldiers had obviously been trained in the U.K. - very neat in their drills…

Strange contrast…
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,227
    Conservative MPs might not realise it, but a general election is probably their best bet long term. This is only going to get worse because they aren't able to form a stable government. The right-wing aren't going to rally behind a replacement for Truss.

Two more years of this and they'll only save a handful of deposits, let alone MPs.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,274

I'm confused.

Someone must have set them a bad example.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913

The last few days have left me pondering how the press and PB Tories would be reacting if a Labour government were presiding over this kind of chaos. We would probably have had a coup by now.
    Whereas as a Labour supporter watching this carnage unfold my main feeling is a kind of gallows humour in the macabre spectacle of it all. I ought to be more angry about it I suppose - they really are trashing this country's reputation. But the last few years have left me feeling so numbed by the sheer awfulness of the people who rule us and their idiotic schemes that I just can't rouse myself to even fucking care anymore.

I too have felt increasingly disengaged from politics over the last few years. If I'm being honest I'm not sure I really care who governs post-Brexit Britain. I'm inclined to let let those who wanted it get on with it. I don't really take any pleasure in the fact that it's tuned into a bigger shambles than I expected but it's a bit like a circus freak show, there is a morbid fascination in watching it unfold.
  • Options
    OllyTOllyT Posts: 4,913
    Leon said:

OllyT said:

Pulpstar said:

"I'm really stressed"

That old chestnut.
    OllyT said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Anyway. Fuck it. Cheers

Leon said:

Anyway. Fuck it. Cheers

I'm sure all that's true but what I am questioning is why you feel the need to post them all on a politics website?
    Just stick them on your Facebook page so those that are interested can look at them at their leisure. As far as I'm concerned once you've seen a photo of one glass of wine the rest all look pretty much the same.
  • Options
    OllyT said:

kle4 said:

Bring back May.

Might well be what happens.
    Can't see it - would they really want the next GE campaign to be fronted by the leader who nearly managed to lose to Corbyn in 2017?
    Being 55 seats ahead is NOT "nearly losing". See 1964 or Feb 1974 for really close results.
This discussion has been closed.