Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

As world leaders gather the papers at the end of the era – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    SeanTSeanT Posts: 549
    Michael Martin: BOW YOUR HEAD, you Fenian devil
  • Options
    Bearer party: slow march.
  • Options

Amusingly my neighbour has taken the opportunity to do some serious strimming.

Washing machine going in the flat above during the 2 mins silence. Also quite a few cars going by.
    Where do you live - Moscow?
    Close: Acton
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522
    TimS said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

SeanT said:

I REALLY want to see Biden and Macron sing “God Save the King”

Honestly not sure of the etiquette of singing someone else's anthem. Obviously Heads of State and government probably shouldn't, but if you are in a crowd somewhere singing Star Spangled Banner should you join in?
    Yes, to show respect.

EDIT: Unless you don't know the words of course.
    There is also actually a very good reason not to sing the American national anthem - it's actually bloody difficult to sing. Lots of high notes and complicated jumps.

That's why it's usually sung by a soloist while everyone listens.
    Like the Marseillaise, great tune but hard to sing, though not as hard as the Italian one. German anthem is pretty easy and in a nice middle register most of the time.

The Spanish national anthem makes it rather easy on people.
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 9,671
    kle4 said:

TimS said:

Watching as the trumpets play and the organ chimes in, and then the bagpipes start sounding I’m struck by how exotic Britain is.

It’s easy to imagine yourself a foreign viewer today wondering at the sheer differentness of this country and its national rituals.

Good for the tourism industry.

The true flavour of Britain is in its wacky local traditions, recent or historical. Take a foreign visitor to the cheese rolling I say.
    I remember a French colleague talking about how exotic England seemed when they first visited on a school exchange. The driving on the left, the road signs, the pubs, the weird food, the leafy suburbs with their houses that look vaguely Flemish but yet different.

• Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

SeanT said:

The Funeral of Prince Andrew, after this, is going to be like Police Academy 5

He doesn't deserve a funeral, it's sickening he's been given any praise or publicity during this whole thing.
    Publicity yes, praise no. His tribute to HMQ gives us a new pretext to loathe, despise and ridicule him.

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

https://news.sky.com/story/duke-of-york-pays-tribute-to-the-queen-12700540
  • Options
    And now the sun is out. Perfect
  • Options
    Anyone watching it on one of the more interesting channels this has been imposed on? Babestation?
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

SeanT said:

He doesn't deserve a funeral, it's sickening he's been given any praise or publicity during this whole thing.
    Publicity yes, praise no. His tribute to HMQ gives us a new pretext to loathe, despise and ridicule him.

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

He shouldn't even be in the Royal Family, he should have been removed from it.
  • Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited September 2022
    SeanT said:

Michael Martin: BOW YOUR HEAD, you Fenian devil

Not a sentiment the Queen ever showed in her actions, ofcourse. There's real respect for her in Ireland.
  • Options
    Top tip: myrtle grows really, really easily from cuttings if anyone wants to duplicate that trick
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,216
    DavidL said:

At least it is not a Catholic funeral, people are setting up to leave already. Catholics would have been there for another good hour. Never waste a good audience, as Paul undoubtedly said.

It is very impressive.

And stately.

I hope though the private internment is a little more human.

This is about the Queen. That will - for the family's sake - be about the person.

Catholic funeral Masses - to me anyway - combine the personal and religious very well. But each to their own. So long as it provides comfort to those grieving, that's what matters.

Why wasn't there the Last Post we get on Remembrance Sunday?
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

SeanT said:

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

Well he has been, that's why he's not in military uniform unlike the others.

He's still at his mother's funeral though. Can't be stripped of that.
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Jonathan said:

Is the airspace over London closed today? The security implications of today are mind boggling.

Just looked - there is a NOTAM closing off airspace for the funeral. Plus another one warning that GPS jamming may be in use in the same area, so UAVs will have issues.
    GPS jamming? So if you opened Google Maps it wouldn't know where you are?

How does that work, isn't your phone looking for a satellite in the sky? Fascinating.
    Hope it's ok with Big G if I answer this...

They (the USA) use BFEA on the satellites to degrade the L1 C/A signal but M-Code (the US military signal) uses a different modulation type and is unaffected. The only people with functioning GNSS in this scenario right now are using Galileo, GLONASS or US sanctioned M-Code receivers.
    Urrm, how do you know they are using that capability to degrade the signals? AS you mention, it's pretty effing pointless if the malign device uses one of the other GNSS systems.

I'd bet they're just jamming/spoofing the relevant frequencies, which does not require US/EU/Chinese/Russian help and is (apparently) *much* easier and more effective.

Perhaps anyone on the ground with a multi-GNSS system (e.g. some phones or handheld GPS) where the individual GNSSs can be turned off could do a test.... ;)
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

SeanT said:

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

He's still Prince Andrew. That should be taken away.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,314
    Look at the way the diamonds are glinting. Just setting it all off perfectly.
  • Options

FPT

Carnyx said:

vino said:

Foxy said:

vino said:

Has anyone else been contacted by their energy supplier to inform of their new tariff. Octopus Energy has told me my direct debit payment will be lowered by 43% from October.

• The Government have announced a 2 year Energy Price Guarantee, capping the increase in prices to £2,500 for a typical home
    • The £400 energy bill support scheme will also go ahead with monthly payments from October to March
    • This combination of a reduced cap and winter credits means while some unit rates will rise around 30%, typical annual costs will increase less than 10%
    • These discounts will be applied automatically: you don't need to do anything
    • Your new unit rates will match the Energy Price Guarantee, but your Octopus standing charges will be 4% lower – so you will be saving compared to Energy Price Guarantee rates from October 1
    • We're not adjusting monthly payments yet for the new prices. We'll review your payments in the coming weeks and send you a recommendation should they need adjusting
    • However from October to March your payments will be reduced by £ XX [ENDATED], as part of the Energy Bill Support Scheme
    • We're working hard to help those who need it most this winter. Details below

Well done Liz!!

Thank you Mr Kwartang.
    Actually I believe that everyone is to receive a personal energy statement on similar lines before the 1st October
    I too am with Octopus and quite impressed. They are stopping some forms of advertising and putting the savings into a hardship fund in order to spend standing charges for 6 months for some vulnerable customers.

It is no great thank you to Ms Truss though, we will be paying off the resultant debt in other forms
    Again she will get the credit.
    She certainly is paying it on credit.
    If you don't want that, don't ask for Government expenditure.
    One of the key reasons you detested Brown was his propensity to borrow out of trouble. Why is it OK now?

Asking for a friend.
    Borrowing countercyclically is not something I've ever criticised Brown for actually.

I detest Brown for his propensity to borrow in the 'good times'. He took our budget surplus we had in 2002 and maxed out the deficit before the recession even hit, that's all I've ever criticised him for. Well that, and ending Bank of England oversight over the Banks.

Increasing borrowing during a recession is inevitable. Increasing borrowing before the recession is where madness lay.
    Average structural fiscal deficit as % GDP:

1981-1996 3.6%*
    1997-2010 2.9%
    2011-2022 3.2%.

* IMF WEO data not available for 1979-80.
    I think you’ve cut your data

IIRC the first couple of years of Blair’s government they stuck to Clarke’s plans… they were starting from a very good place which would help the average.

How about looking at 2001-8 or 2001-10?
    In 2002 the fiscal situation was very, very good. There is no disputing that.

The issue is what Brown did from 2002 to 2007/08. He turned the spending caps on full blast in that time, even with taxes going up, so there was nowhere left to move then when the recession inevitably hit.

Brown was OK when he was the self-styled "Iron Chancellor" following Clarke's plans until 2002. It was after then that he trashed the economy. Averages that incorporate upto 2002 are entirely misleading or wilfully failing to understand what the problem was.
    I’m agreeing with you!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,856

IshmaelZ said:

SeanT said:

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

Charles is apparently trying to get the government to change the law so he is no longer a counsellor of state.
  • Options
    It is an enormous free 70 minute advert for Visit Britain, watched by a billion people

Right down to the horsehair plumes, gently wafted by the faded September sun
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,010

kle4 said:

SeanT said:

I REALLY want to see Biden and Macron sing “God Save the King”

Honestly not sure of the etiquette of singing someone else's anthem. Obviously Heads of State and government probably shouldn't, but if you are in a crowd somewhere singing Star Spangled Banner should you join in?
    Yes, to show respect.

EDIT: Unless you don't know the words of course.
    No, thats why footballers etc don't sing each others anthems.

That's a bit different when they're on stage like that, as opposed to being in a congregation.

When I was a kid at school in Australia I used to sing Advanced Australia Fare when it was done during school services, despite being the POME Bastard of the class. I was taught by my dad, and I agree, that its a matter of showing respect. Like taking your shoes off if someone asks you to do so.
    Im of the opinion you stand in respect, not sing. Australia, as a Commonwealth realm is a bit different imo
    I would never sing The Star Spangled Banner or the Marseillaise but I'd stand whilst Americans and French did
    We saluted the WE at 'Colours' every morning in the Navy but foreign personnel did not.

In the USN they salute from the first note of the anthem to the last when it's played at Colors. If there is a foreign warship in formation they play that anthem as well and they salute from the first to the last note of that too. Saluting your way through the Egyptian anthem is grim when you've been up all night and all you want is your breakfast.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,059
    Big Ben tolling during the funeral march is awesome
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Sky camerawork beats the shit out of BBC

ETA actually it looks like its the same cameras, better curated by Sky

On the web Sky is a long way in front of the BBC so be careful if you are betting in running.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,053

Charles is a disgrace.

He didn’t sing the national anthem.

Like the Queen he never is so vulgar as to sing 'God Save Me'
  • Options
    Its really strange seeing the royal guardsmen (sorry I forget their title) holding their big black hats to the side rather than wearing them.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,954
    edited September 2022
    kle4 said:

IshmaelZ said:

SeanT said:

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

Charles is apparently trying to get the government to change the law so he is no longer a counsellor of state.
    Also to remove Mr Markle and Big Eyes Beatrice from the role
  • Options
    kle4 said:

IshmaelZ said:

SeanT said:

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

Good on Charles, go on son!
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,332
    Cyclefree said:

DavidL said:

At least it is not a Catholic funeral, people are setting up to leave already. Catholics would have been there for another good hour. Never waste a good audience, as Paul undoubtedly said.

It is very impressive.

And stately.

This is about the Queen. That will - for the family's sake - be about the person.

Catholic funeral Masses - to me anyway - combine the personal and religious very well. But each to their own. So long as it provides comfort to those grieving, that's what matters.

Think that is still to come. But, according to the BBC the actual internment is at 7.30 pm in Windsor and is private for the family only. My recollection is that Philip is being interred at the same time, together. A great love story, really.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,983
    Scott_xP said:

Big Ben tolling during the funeral march is awesome

I noticed that too, quite a distinctive sound.
  • Options

Amusingly my neighbour has taken the opportunity to do some serious strimming.

Washing machine going in the flat above during the 2 mins silence. Also quite a few cars going by.
    Where do you live - Moscow?
    Close: Acton
    Figures. {A Cockney speaks.}
  • Options
    My god this is extraordinary
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Jonathan said:

Is it just me, or was that not as sombre and dark as this might have been. I found that positive and light compared to the black and white films of past state funerals.

It isn't just you. It was a moving service in many ways, but I didn't find it mournful. That may of course be because of her age. Yes, we will miss her, but as I said at the time I think given the choice she would have chosen the way her life ended and she was 96. Being too sombre would be a bit jarring.
    Besides, to a believer, the whole point is that death has a chunk of joy attached.

Not the end, but the start of the good bit.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Cyclefree said:

DavidL said:

It is very impressive.

And stately.

Think that is still to come. But, according to the BBC the actual internment is at 7.30 pm in Windsor and is private for the family only. My recollection is that Philip is being interred at the same time, together. A great love story, really.
    Philip's not been interred yet?

That sounds a bit grim.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I do love the design of the Mall, the trees and flags aligning straight to the palace, and the reddish road. Makes for dramatic imagery.

I believe they removed the traffic lights, but the road markings for the bike lanes do spoil it a bit.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

IshmaelZ said:

SeanT said:

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

It would be a very sensible measure from all points of view and consistent with his reform of the monarchy.

If the CoS were the consort, the heir, the heir's consort and then up to any other three members of the RF nominated by the Sovereign it would make everything much easier.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Cyclefree said:

DavidL said:

It is very impressive.

And stately.

Pedantic, but you can't intern dead monarchs without trial. Interment.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Cyclefree said:

DavidL said:

It is very impressive.

And stately.

Errrr...where've they kept him in the meanwhile?
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,989
    SeanT said:

It is an enormous free 70 minute advert for Visit Britain, watched by a billion people

Right down to the horsehair plumes, gently wafted by the faded September sun

So good it even persuaded you to make a brief visit.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Cyclefree said:

DavidL said:

It is very impressive.

And stately.

Philip's not been interred yet?

That sounds a bit grim.
    Partners are often reinterred on the second death, my Nan was reinterred with Grandad when he died
  • Options
    Churchill’s statue watches over proceedings as the procession begins. https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1571822211752775682/photo/1
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    TOPPING said:

It's very, very religious for a quite not religious country. All this shall be received into the grace and glory of the lord and entry into his kingdom, lord this, lord that, I mean I know it has to happen but I would have thought it won't do a huge amount to help the relevance of a modern monarchy.

The opposite. A Roman Catholic and Church of Scotland Cardinal and Minister also gave prayers, not just C of E representing the full UK.

Also a black pentecostal preacher said a prayer, reflecting the fact that Black British in particular are much more proactively Christian than White British and that wlll help the monarchy with ethnic minority communities and the wider Commonwealth in Africa and the Caribbean especially
  • Options

Fergal Keane is excellent

He only had one No 1 though.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

I find the marching before and after even more impressive to be honest.

Right to the end The Queen was thinking: what is good for the United Kingdom?

THIS

I genuinely wonder if she died in Scotland *to reinforce the union*

Seriously. She must have known she was close. So why not make the final act of her life a way of reinforcing the UK?

What a woman

*bows head*
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,010
    edited September 2022

Dura_Ace said:

Jonathan said:

Is the airspace over London closed today? The security implications of today are mind boggling.

Just looked - there is a NOTAM closing off airspace for the funeral. Plus another one warning that GPS jamming may be in use in the same area, so UAVs will have issues.

How does that work, isn't your phone looking for a satellite in the sky? Fascinating.

They (the USA) use BFEA on the satellites to degrade the L1 C/A signal but M-Code (the US military signal) uses a different modulation type and is unaffected. The only people with functioning GNSS in this scenario right now are using Galileo, GLONASS or US sanctioned M-Code receivers.
    Urrm, how do you know they are using that capability to degrade the signals? AS you mention, it's pretty effing pointless if the malign device uses one of the other GNSS systems.
    BFEA is for use on "friends" not enemies. Hence the 'B'. Blue Force Electronic Attack.

It means users of US equipment get exactly as much navigation data as the US wants them to have.

RFEA of other jurisdictional GNSS would use jamming or spoofing from an EW platform.
  • Options
    The whole of the area around the Palace of Westminster and the Abbey has the look on TV of a large cathedral close, which I suppose it is.
  • Options
    Good thing most of our important institutions are close to one another, else all these services would be considerably more awkward.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

DavidL said:

Cyclefree said:

DavidL said:

It is very impressive.

And stately.

Pedantic, but you can't intern dead monarchs without trial. Interment.
    I can plead autotext or simply admit to a spelling error. I will go with the latter I think.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,081
    Are we going to get the money shot of the coffin going past the "The Glorious Dead" inscription?
  • Options
    Farooq said:

END THE MONARCHY

This service and the huge crowds outside now and for the lying in state, show how doomed and out of touch you republicans are
  • Options

Are we going to get the money shot of the coffin going past the "The Glorious Dead" inscription?

Answer: Yes.
  • Options
    Quite something
  • Options

https://twitter.com/theipaper/status/1571808487834787840

The Palace reportedly asked the Prince and Princess of Wales to consider bringing Prince George because of the message it sends to the public, as he is the future king

William and Kate are understood to have thought “very carefully” about how much to involve their children

Lovely, using a child for PR opportunities.

George is our future King, it was right he was there
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    HYUFD said:

The Palace reportedly asked the Prince and Princess of Wales to consider bringing Prince George because of the message it sends to the public, as he is the future king

William and Kate are understood to have thought “very carefully” about how much to involve their children

It was also his great-grandmother's funeral, it is right that he was there.

Or to put it another way, I think they and he would later have regretted it if he hadn't been there.

Edit - and I think Charlotte was there too? Certainly she's in the cortège.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

SeanT said:

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

Charles called her Mummy too.

But really take a good hard look at yourself. He is a grieving son. Not a working Royal. Your unkind remarks at such a time about a man in mourning - like the unkind remarks people make about the Sussexes or others - say more about those making the remarks (and not in a good way) than about the targets.

A bit of common politeness would not go amiss. And if you can't be polite, try silence. Good manners cost nothing.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

My god this is extraordinary

Genuinely incredible. My daughter says almost everyone at Holyrood was in tears at the time of the National Anthem.
  • Options
    Canadian mounties leading. Australian and New Zealanders in dress in the procession. All put armed forces. Union flags adorning both sides of the Mall.

These are Imperial scenes.
  • Options
    Each toll of the bell underpinned by the sub-bass thud of the gun salute.

It's sublime
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,777
    edited September 2022
    HYUFD said:

If he hadn’t been there they would have been criticised for leaving him out.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

I find the marching before and after even more impressive to be honest.

After the service I thought “how do they top that?”’And they are…
  • Options

Canadian mounties leading. Australian and New Zealanders in dress in the procession. All put armed forces. Union flags adorning both sides of the Mall.

Fitting for our last Imperial Monarch and the last Monarch of the British Empire, now long gone
  • Options

I like the procession saluting the Cenotaph as they go past it.

Fitting as well, given she was one of the country's last surviving war veterans.
  • Options
    Horsepoop on the Mall - someone out with a brush quickly!
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,910
    This bit is really special. The music, the bells, the guns.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

SeanT said:

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

But really take a good hard look at yourself. He is a grieving son. Not a working Royal. Your unkind remarks at such a time about a man in mourning - like the unkind remarks people make about the Sussexes or others - say more about those making the remarks (and not in a good way) than about the targets.

A bit of common politeness would not go amiss. And if you can't be polite, try silence. Good manners cost nothing.
    Are you talking to me? I was saying that too.

If you've got nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Especially when people are grieving.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Better than that. This is the Commonwealth.
  • Options
    I kind of like the royals doing the procession, Charles kind of just blends in as one amongst many, not the King.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Farooq said:

END THE MONARCHY

This service and the huge crowds outside now and for the lying in state, show how doomed and out of touch you republicans are
    Well, I’m watching and I’m a republican. We do ceremonies very well.
    The fun thing is apparently we didn't used to, but then once we got good at them we convinced ourselves we always had been.
  • Options

I love the Cenotaph, it is an excellent memorial.

Striking, but not flashy.
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

Or to put it another way, I think they and he would later have regretted it if he hadn't been there.

Yes, George and Charlotte were both in the front row in the Abbey.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549

I like the procession saluting the Cenotaph as they go past it.

That and the casket being placed on the gun carriage at the start are the things that have moved me the most, and when the bagpipes started so did the tears.

God Save the King.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

SeanT said:

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

That's where he got the idea, sure. Works better in some contexts than others.

He is an utterly repulsive creep whose presence puts the dignity of the whole funeral at risk. I very much hope that this is his last public appearance.
  • Options
    I stand by what I said about Prince Andrew.

He's welcome to grieve at a funeral, no issue with that. He shouldn't be a Prince, he shouldn't get any publicity.
  • Options
    Its extraordinary.
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Dura_Ace said:

Jonathan said:

BFEA is for use on "friends" not enemies. Hence the 'B'. Blue Force Electronic Attack.

It means users of US equipment get exactly as much navigation data as the US wants them to have.

RFEA of other jurisdictional GNSS would use jamming or spoofing from an EW platform.
    Yeah, and that's my point. Any malign actor would just use a multi-GNSS system (heck, even chip) such as Furuno's offerings and use the non-GPS system. Therefore to be effective, they need to block *all* GNSSs. And (AIUI) they are all in similar frequency bands within L-band for operational and legal (ITU) reasons, that's not as complicated as it could be.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

SeanT said:

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

Sorry @BartholomewRoberts - that was addressed to @CorrectHorseBattery not you. My apologies.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

Yes - she’s in the first car of the cortège with her brother, the Queen and the Princess of Wales.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Farooq said:

END THE MONARCHY

Well, I’m watching and I’m a republican. We do ceremonies very well.
    It is though tied in with our royal family, a President's state funeral wouldn't be quite the same, or so British
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,360

pm'd you btw
  • Options

It's not a memorial, it's a cenotaph. An empty tomb.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

How much a month do I need to put away for this plan ?

Your whole life...

At least that was what she paid up for it.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

HYUFD said:

Charlotte looks more like the young Queen than anyone else in the entire family.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Cyclefree said:

IshmaelZ said:

SeanT said:

"Mummy"

Thanks for the £12m.

Sorry @BartholomewRoberts - that was addressed to @CorrectHorseBattery not you. My apologies.
    I stand by what I said.

I've got no issue with him grieving at a funeral.

He shouldn't be a Prince and the publicity he's been given is insulting and sickening.
  • Options

It's not a memorial, it's a cenotaph. An empty tomb.
    Top class pedantry!
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 3,957

The procession is more impressive than the funeral.

I've got a heart of stone, and even I'm a little moved by the procession - as you say, much more so than the funeral itself.

Not sure whether it is the element of somber finality to it all, or just that as an atheist it feels more meaningful to me than the service.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Each toll of the bell underpinned by the sub-bass thud of the gun salute.

It's sublime

It's perfect.

Also, how they went under the arch into Horseguard with inches to spare on either side, but in perfect time and precision.
  • Options
    Britain's Sic transit gloria mundi moment? Or renewal and rebirth?
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

The view down the Mall just now - stunning.

It's a shot for the ages.
  • Options
    paulyork64paulyork64 Posts: 2,461
    Where will the front of the procession go while HMQ heads to Wellington Arch? The RCMP must be about 1 mile ahead.
  • Options
    This really is impressive.

I like the style of marching at events like this. Synchronised, but not excessively so in the self-parodic North Korean fashion. The French are good at that too.

The weather has behaved impeccably.
This discussion has been closed.