Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Starmer v Truss – the first PMQs – politicalbetting.com

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,247
    edited September 2022

DougSeal said:

Responses to PMQ’s never cease to be a prime example of confirmation bias.

Well, not in my case, at least. I think her agenda is mad but found her directness to be refreshing.
    Nor in my case, I’m just strimming down the PB spin that’s bushing up the last few weeks.

The latest is we were assured we would hear detail of Liz Truss government handouts to households and business this week, but Monday we didn’t, Tuesday we didn’t, and nor will we on Thursday now government have decided on a statement with no proper debate on the details.
    In Germany, the finance minister is telling people that small businesses can just stop producing things but this doesn't mean they will go bankrupt...

https://twitter.com/tomdabassman/status/1567450786312949760
    Interesting one of the responses says

He's trying not to say "we are comfortable with small businesses going out of business for the sake of our green energy initiatives and to support Ukraine. Sure, we'll end up like Weimar in the 1930s but it is worth it.

and this

Good Morning from #Germany where production costs for toilet paper have skyrocketed. Hakle, a large German toilet-paper maker w/a century-long history, filed for insolvency this week as “massive” price increases for energy and pulp drove it into a corner. (via BBG)
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

DougSeal said:

Well, not in my case, at least. I think her agenda is mad but found her directness to be refreshing.
    Nor in my case, I’m just strimming down the PB spin that’s bushing up the last few weeks.

The latest is we were assured we would hear detail of Liz Truss government handouts to households and business this week, but Monday we didn’t, Tuesday we didn’t, and nor will we on Thursday now government have decided on a statement with no proper debate on the details.
    What? It says General debate - UK energy costs here.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

But don't let's pretend that that process is not going to be painful for a lot of people. And let's not forget that if your property price has fallen 20%, then the amount of equity you have for your next purchase may have dropped 50 or 75% - which is not going to be any fun given the level of stamp duty.

All things being equal, anyone who wants to trade up benefits from falling prices, even if they lose equity in their current property.
    Yes.

And no.

Let's say you bought a house for 200,000 with a 10% deposit.

Prices rise 50%, so your house is worth 300,000, and you now want to sell and buy a house for 400,000.

You pay back your 180,000 mortgage, and have a 120,000 deposit for your new home.

Of course, you'll need to pay stamp duty of - say - 20,000. So, all in all, you end up borrowing 300,000 to buy a 400,000 home.

Now imagine that prices haven't moved. The good news is that the property you're looking to buy is now only 267,000.

You pay off your mortgage, leaving you with 20,000. But that stamp duty now takes 13,000 of your equity, leaving you with just 7,000.

Will the bank lend you the money now?
    If they won't lend the typical buyer money then two things happen. Prices fall further and sales stall. It wont take long for either the price to fall to the level that fits the typical buyer or banks to start lending again.
    You say it won't take long, but house price corrections (and we need to have a house price correction) will have significant broad economic effects.

People will be trapped in negative equity, and that will result in lower labour mobility, because people won't be able to sell. This also means that the housing market may be less liquid than it should be.

Banks will also tighten lending standards, because of rising losses.

And people who thought they had lots of equity tied up in their home will instead raise their personal savings rate to compensate. Look at Spain in the 2010 to 2012 period to see the short- to medium-term economic consequences of a rising savings rate driven by reduced home prices.

That's the problem with allowing an asset class to get mispriced: unwinding it is often very expensive and difficult.
    I don't think is anyone is claiming there will not be winners and losers from a correction or that it won't be difficult, expensive and painful for some. The status quo of the last decade has also been difficult, expensive and painful for some in the housing market, whilst also helping promote a zombie economy for the country, rather than a productive one. Time to change course and take the medicine.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

@HYUFD traditional family values like abortion by demand in the backstreets by coat hanger?

Coffey wants a reduction in the abortion time limit she has not said she would ban it completely
    Strangely that's something I would actually agree with her about, if that's right, and she doesn't want to make the restriction too early. Several other European countries with full legal abortion rights don't allow as late-term as the UK, IIRC.
    But she voted against bringing NI law in line with GB; which suggests to me that it is not about principle, but what she can get away with.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,937

HYUFD said:

@HYUFD traditional family values like abortion by demand in the backstreets by coat hanger?

Coffey wants a reduction in the abortion time limit she has not said she would ban it completely
    Coffey said today she has no intention of changing the abortion laws
    Coffey voted against DIY abortions, against imposing abortion in NI and against abortion on demand. She has also said she wants an abortion time limit more in lime with continental Europe
    https://righttolife.org.uk/votes/Suffolk-Coastal/Therese-Coffey
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,624
    Foxy said:

Well, that was a pleasant surprise. Some forgotten bets on Truss as next PM on Ladbrokes have just paid out. Must have been good odds as £1220 in winnings, and I don't usually stake much there. Added to my +£750 at Smarkets and Bfx and I am nearly £2 000 up on this market.

I have reinvested a share of the profits in Lab most seats next GE.

Drinks are on Foxy.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Coffey voted against DIY abortions, against imposing abortion in NI and against abortion on demand. She has also said she wants an abortion time limit more in lime with continental Europe
    And she said today, when asked, she has no intention of changing abortion laws

• Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

"imposing abortion." What a creep you are.
  • Options

DougSeal said:

In Germany, the finance minister is telling people that small businesses can just stop producing things but this doesn't mean they will go bankrupt...

He's trying not to say "we are comfortable with small businesses going out of business for the sake of our green energy initiatives and to support Ukraine. Sure, we'll end up like Weimar in the 1930s but it is worth it.

and this

Good Morning from #Germany where production costs for toilet paper have skyrocketed. Hakle, a large German toilet-paper maker w/a century-long history, filed for insolvency this week as “massive” price increases for energy and pulp drove it into a corner. (via BBG)
    OMG STOCKPILE

Seriously, the wood pellet industry is competing for wood pulp, and pellets are more than 2x what they cost in spring.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,584
    IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

"imposing abortion." What a creep you are.
    A Truss Tory Minister actuay holding up Europe as an example?

Though good on HYUFD for the qualifier 'continental'.
  • Options
    Scottish Herald journalist suspended for calling Kwarteng, Braverman and Cleverly “coconuts”.

We are aware of an offensive tweet by one of our freelance contributors, Iain Macwhirter. Although the tweet has since been deleted and an apology issued, we have also suspended his columns while we investigate further.

https://twitter.com/heraldscotland/status/1567559221171855360
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,045
    I do think someone needs to mak a documentary on Oxford University in the mid-late 80s 'golden' age. Boris Johnson, Frank Luntz, Niall Ferguson, David Cameron, Michael Gove, Jeremy Hunt, JRM, Ed Balls, Yvette Cooper, Simon Stevens, Keir Starmer, David Miliband and I'm sure countless others were all there.

Simon Kuper has written a book about it but from the reviews he appears obsessed with the Brexit side of things. However he does suggest that the political right succeeds by engaging fully with the Oxford Union whereas the leftists are busy out campaigning and don't learn the same debating skills. I don't like his conclusion that Oxbridge be turned into post graduate colleges. Seems like he's needlessly trying to share the blame with Cambridge who as far as I can see are entirely blameless.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,111
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

“Imposing abortion”? Get a grip. That sounds as creepy as hell.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

and this

OMG STOCKPILE

Seriously, the wood pellet industry is competing for wood pulp, and pellets are more than 2x what they cost in spring.
    The price of toilet rolls is escalating quickly already
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Well, that was a pleasant surprise. Some forgotten bets on Truss as next PM on Ladbrokes have just paid out. Must have been good odds as £1220 in winnings, and I don't usually stake much there. Added to my +£750 at Smarkets and Bfx and I am nearly £2 000 up on this market.

Does Ladbrokes push money to you? I find most bookies just quietly credit winnings and hope you don't notice.

Exception is smarkets who send me emails when markets settle. Thing is, I only ever seem to lose on smarkets. Shadsy must think I am a right twat.
  • Options

Scottish Herald journalist suspended for calling Kwarteng, Braverman and Cleverly “coconuts”.

We are aware of an offensive tweet by one of our freelance contributors, Iain Macwhirter. Although the tweet has since been deleted and an apology issued, we have also suspended his columns while we investigate further.

https://twitter.com/heraldscotland/status/1567559221171855360

Absolutely correct - time to call out all racism
  • Options

I do think someone needs to mak a documentary on Oxford University in the mid-late 80s 'golden' age. Boris Johnson, Frank Luntz, Niall Ferguson, David Cameron, Michael Gove, Jeremy Hunt, JRM, Ed Balls, Yvette Cooper, Simon Stevens, Keir Starmer, David Miliband and I'm sure countless others were all there.

Simon Kuper has written a book about it but from the reviews he appears obsessed with the Brexit side of things. However he does suggest that the political right succeeds by engaging fully with the Oxford Union whereas the leftists are busy out campaigning and don't learn the same debating skills. I don't like his conclusion that Oxbridge be turned into post graduate colleges. Seems like he's needlessly trying to share the blame with Cambridge who as far as I can see are entirely blameless.

From my mid nineties experience with the Oxford Union I agree it has an awful lot to answer for. And the bar had the strangest vibe, full of people who had clearly graduated 5 to 10 years ago.

• Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415

IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

and this

OMG STOCKPILE

You heard the man - PANIC BUY!

It’s funny how, making a list of number one thing they couldn’t face going without, the human race of 2020s decide bog roll. 💁‍♀️
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Abortion was a matter devolved to Stormont
  • Options
    I said Truss had done well :/
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,503
    IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

Does Ladbrokes push money to you? I find most bookies just quietly credit winnings and hope you don't notice.

Exception is smarkets who send me emails when markets settle. Thing is, I only ever seem to lose on smarkets. Shadsy must think I am a right twat.
    No, I just logged on and saw it. Checked my other accounts, but no further winnings.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

She does on her personal votes, just not as Health Secretary where she follows what Parliament has decided
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

You saying I got this wrong?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I know. But the choice of words you used was sinister, suggesting people were made to have abortions, whereas it was the choice that was proposed to be extended there. You could have said “…against extending the 1967 Act to Northern Ireland…” but didn’t. In any event, as you never fail to point out in other contexts, the Westminster Parliament is supreme. Or is that only the case when discussing Scottish Independence?

• Options

DougSeal said:

Are they planning on sitting next to some Tory ministers at a dinner and mysteriously win a bid for spurious contracts never to be fulfilled?
  • Options
    pm215pm215 Posts: 933
    edited September 2022

Wonder if Truss has been firmly laying down a "concentrate on the important shit, there will be no time for anybody's side-projects and hobby-horses in this government" line to all ministers? I guess we'll see...
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

and this

OMG STOCKPILE

You heard the man - PANIC BUY!

It’s funny how, making a list of number one thing they couldn’t face going without, the human race of 2020s decide bog roll. 💁‍♀️
    I had a conversation with a mum at my son's school on the run-up to lockdown in 2020. She said that she once ran out of loo paper when her daughter was young. They just went into the shower together and cleaned up in there.

She also said she was in the shower with her daughter when her daughter was one, and her daughter started smiling broadly, as if proud. "What is it?" she asked her daughter.
    "I've just done a poo without a nappy!" her daughter proudly replied...
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Brexit hardman Steve Baker is Minister of State in the Northern Ireland Office.

Good appointment, he will be an effective supporter for Heaton Harris. Quite a religious government from Truss too with evangelical Christian Baker and strict Roman Catholics Rees Mogg and Coffey
    Coffey is an extremely poor advert for Christian values, I would say, and the kind of person who may be Truss's achilles' heel. Here she sits now near the centre of government, the same person who pushed forward the cancellation of the UC uplift that even hard-right thinktanks like the Legatum Institute today are saying must itself be reversed as a decision, if "a million people are not to go into destitution this winter". The moderation or limiting of this kind of extremism will be a litmus test of whether Truss's ideology can cope with the scenario of a social crisis, and the omens so far aren't good. The appointment of Heaton-Harris and Baker in NI will similarly be causing worries in Washington.
    She also believes in traditional family values
    Meaning what?
    Traditional marriage and not abortion on demand
    Don't be mealy mouthed. Traditional = no pooftahs.
    Not at all - just only ones married to someone of the opposite sex.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I know. But the choice of words you used was sinister, suggesting people were made to have abortions, whereas it was the choice that was proposed to be extended there. You could have said “…against extending the 1967 Act to Northern Ireland…” but didn’t. In any event, as you never fail to point out in other contexts, the Westminster Parliament is supreme. Or is that only the case when discussing Scottish Independence?

The Westminster Parliament has no right legislating over matters devolved to Holyrood either.

However the future of the Union with Scotland has always been reserved to the UK government and Westminster
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 46,747
    The evening begins pleasantly enough

• Options
    ydoethur said:

Ooooh, the new Apple Watch will be able to detect if you've been in a car crash.

I can confirm the fall detection works.

Now I am intrigued. How many people fail to notice being involved in a car crash?
    Those who are unconscious/injured, the watch detects you've been in a crash, and if you don't respond within a certain time they call the emergency serviced with your location.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    DougSeal said:

From my mid nineties experience with the Oxford Union I agree it has an awful lot to answer for. And the bar had the strangest vibe, full of people who had clearly graduated 5 to 10 years ago.

Though Boris was the first Oxford Union president PM since Ted Heath. May was in it but only a librarian though Philip was President and invited Nixon. Hague, Thorpe and Roy Jenkins were all party leaders who were former Union Presidents but none became PM
  • Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,199
    Ukrainian armed forces seem to be making progress on two fronts today. Russian social media is bewildered and even more dementedly angry than usual. With the Chechen tyrant, Kadyrov apparently taking a back seat, another area comes into focus: a friend of mine in Minsk says that tensions have sharply increased in Belarus. For the moment, at least, Russia seems firmly on the back foot.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,306
    edited September 2022

DougSeal said:

and this

Another howler is a Government minister coming out with this gem:

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/09/03/germany-will-support-ukraine-no-matter-what-voters-think-says-foreign-minister/

The British public (if PB is anything to go by) seems fairly supine in the face of wholesale economic destruction wrought by a foreign policy decision to involve ourselves in a conflict between two other countries, but when the German worm turns, it really turns.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,940
    IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

Which means no questions. Truss gets to stand up make an announcement then sit down again.
    And can go home if she wants to.
    Won't have to explain the details.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Why have you got a colourised blow up picture of Hitler celebrating the outbreak of WW1 as wallpaper on your laptop?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

Though Boris was the first Oxford Union president PM since Ted Heath. May was in it but only a librarian. Hague, Thorpe and Roy Jenkins were all party leaders who were former Union Presidents but none became PM
    It’s was still a place full of oddballs.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Mandatory abortion for all. Forced sterilisations.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Yes, re the bar - very odd. Also, going down that alley was never ideal either.

Re the comment about Oxford becoming more a post-grad place, actually a large degree of truth in that - the university has kept undergrad numbers stable but significantly increased post-grad numbers and that is the plan to continue doing so.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Leon said:

Why have you got a colourised blow up picture of Hitler celebrating the outbreak of WW1 as wallpaper on your laptop?
    WHAT?????
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,108

ydoethur said:

Ooooh, the new Apple Watch will be able to detect if you've been in a car crash.

Now I am intrigued. How many people fail to notice being involved in a car crash?
    Those who are unconscious/injured, the watch detects you've been in a crash, and if you don't respond within a certain time they call the emergency serviced with your location.
    As you put it, that's actually rather sensible.

I just had a bizarre mental image of people shouting at their watches 'I KNOW I'VE BEEN IN A FUCKING CAR CRASH!'
  • Options
    Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????
    Is this not the photo on your laptop?

https://marcuse.faculty.history.ucsb.edu/projects/hitler/articles/HitlerWW1outbreakPhotoForgery.htm
  • Options
    Cicero said:

Ukrainian armed forces seem to be making progress on two fronts today. Russian social media is bewildered and even more dementedly angry than usual. With the Chechen tyrant, Kadyrov apparently taking a back seat, another area comes into focus: a friend of mine in Minsk says that tensions have sharply increased in Belarus. For the moment, at least, Russia seems firmly on the back foot.

Belarus is an interesting one. Only a couple of year back they had massive pro democracy demonstrations. How long that stays under cover is something I wonder about. With the Russian army in retreat might be just such a time.
  • Options

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Mandatory abortion for all. Forced sterilisations.
    A pretty radical approach, but over a century or so should bring peace there.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

MaxPB said:

HYUFD said:

MaxPB said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Icarus said:

Why has the Pound dropped? Borrowing fears?

In the spring the penny was dropping about Boris. However, now it has been adjusted for 2022 inflation it is time for the pound to drop.
    Now $1.146 to £1 - Truss can say what she likes about "cutting taxes", the market hears "increased borrowing".
    A falling pound increases inflation. The Bank of England and the Treasury will be working out how best to say "we told you so".
    Putting up interest rates to a more normal level wouldn't be such a bad thing.
    Except for people who have both mortgages and electricity bills: basically people in the 30 to 50 cohort.
    >95% of new mortgages are fixed rate and 83% of outstanding mortgages are fixed rate.
    Very few are fixed for more than five years, and for many it's just three: I reckon a quarter of the 83% will reset every year.
    How many 30-50 somethings plan to buy more property in the next few years? All of those save from lower purchase prices which impact far longer than having higher interest rates for a bit.
    Oh, UK property prices need to reset.

But don't let's pretend that that process is not going to be painful for a lot of people. And let's not forget that if your property price has fallen 20%, then the amount of equity you have for your next purchase may have dropped 50 or 75% - which is not going to be any fun given the level of stamp duty.
    Robert, on average it will be older wealthier people losing out on house prices and the young asset poor benefiting from lower prices. For once it will reverse the general flow of wealth from the young to old in this country. As with everything, making an omelette requires breaking eggs, if, for once, the losers are older wealthy asset rich classes then so much the better for the nation.
    Technically not, it will be the children of older wealthier people who would lose out on lower house prices leading to lower inheritances.

The young 20 and 30 year old renters would only really benefit from lower prices if mortgage lenders still lend the same amount and they don't face crippling interest rates
    The children of those retirees inherit at ages 50-60. They are part of the older, wealthier class.
    Just as a point of order, the average age of windfall inheritors is apparently 47. Which means they would have at least 20 years to go before they retire themselves. Not sure it actually makes any material difference to your comment but I found it interesting.
    Shouldn't be. Assume first child at 30 (which is late even now), one at 32, one at 34. If the middle child represents the average the second (later to die) parent is carking it on average at 79, which is young for the sort of demographic which has stuff to inherit.
    I am just quoting what the supposed experts say. It takes a second to google it and it is quoted very widely.
    Neither of my parents have died, but I've still managed to inherit some money, because my Dad didn't need any of the money left by his parents. I'm fairly certain that when my Dad relieves the government of the burden of paying him his civil service pension, that he will be splitting his estate between his grandchildren, and children according to a precise formula. It's not only children who inherit.

That said, if the value of my Dad's London house took a large dive, thus reducing the size of my daughter's inheritance, I'm fairly certain she'd still be better off for the housing market being saner to participate in.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

https://marcuse.faculty.history.ucsb.edu/projects/hitler/articles/HitlerWW1outbreakPhotoForgery.htm
    Jesus. I think you’re right. WTF is going on?

Anyway I’ve changed it. Sorry again. But look at that view, endless sun. That’s all I was trying to show. Alentejo, Portugal - because it is so lovely, especially in this slanting evening light….

• Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,116
    DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

Really interesting (not @Leon obviously). I’ve seen that picture in a dozen biographies of Hitler, but never questioned it.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    dixiedean said:

IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

Which means no questions. Truss gets to stand up make an announcement then sit down again.
    So at what point will the Tory Party have a crisis plan for households and businesses they can explain and defend all the details of in a parliamentary debate? Will they have this before the recess and party conferences?
  • Options

dixiedean said:

IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

So at what point will the Tory Party have a crisis plan for households and businesses they can explain and defend all the details of in a parliamentary debate? Will they have this before the recess and party conferences?
    Debate means no questions?
  • Options
    Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

Anyway I’ve changed it. Sorry again. But look at that view, endless sun. That’s all I was trying to show. Alentejo, Portugal - because it is so lovely, especially in this slanting evening light….

…a bit of Third Reich memorabilia on the computer…what more could a man ask for?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Cicero said:

Belarus is an interesting one. Only a couple of year back they had massive pro democracy demonstrations. How long that stays under cover is something I wonder about. With the Russian army in retreat might be just such a time.
    I'm sure a lot of them consider Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya a President in exile.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

…a bit of Third Reich memorabilia on the computer…what more could a man ask for?
    That one TOO????
  • Options
    Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????
    Why can’t you just have a seascape or an inspirational quote?
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,748
    DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

Asylum.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,108
    DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????
    Like this?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    IshmaelZ said:

dixiedean said:

IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

Debate means no questions?
    To compel sight of the plan and answers to questions would be a ministerial statement rather than just general debate.

It’s explicitly clear from the avoidance of ministerial,statement, they don’t have a plan with details they can share with MPs and media and field questions on, so my question to PB is a fair one. at what point will the Tory Party have a crisis plan for households and businesses they can explain and defend all the details of in a parliamentary debate? Will they have this before the recess and party conferences?
  • Options
    SelebianSelebian Posts: 7,380

ydoethur said:

Our last car, a reasonably basic model ford had that functionality. Not sure whether our current one, with more toys generally, does. I can see that adding it to a watch is another step (without piggy backing on the car's existing crash detection tech) but not necessarily a huge one. Useful for classic car enthusiasts.
  • Options
    Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????
    Unless I’m much mistaken that’s Goebbels’ first communion -

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Goebbels'_Erstkommunion.jpg

I knew you’d been veering Alt-Right lately but have to concede these shots have been a stunningly stylish, Insta worthy, way of outing yourself as a Nazi. Well done!
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????
    You think this is deliberate? What do you think I am? I just chose randomly from the five or six pictures i have saved on my iPad. Stuff I find inspiring. Happy young men, forthright children. I’ll try again, FFS

Look at that light. And the chalky moon, in the
    limpid distance. Beautiful

• Options
    Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????
    You think this is deliberate? What do you think I am? I just chose randomly from the five or six pictures i have saved on my iPad. Stuff I find inspiring. Happy young men, forthright children. I’ll try again, FFS

Okay, you’re trolling now.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????

I knew you’d been veering Alt-Right lately but have to concede these shots have been a stunningly stylish, Insta worthy, way of outing yourself as a Nazi. Well done!
    OMG I really hope you aren’t this dim
  • Options
    Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????

Catastrophically imbecilic I promise you.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????

OMFG you believed it from the start, Like @foxy and @kle4 and @BartholomewRoberts

YOU ARE FUCKING MORONS
  • Options
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????

OMFG you believed it from the start, Like @foxy and @kle4 and @BartholomewRoberts

YOU ARE FUCKING MORONS
    We worship at the altar of your superior intellect.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????

Well yes, you are, aren’t you?

You and @foxy and the rest

Jeezus Christ
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,624
    edited September 2022
    Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????

OMFG you believed it from the start, Like foxy and kle4 and BartholomewRoberts

YOU ARE FUCKING MORONS
    I don't know why you think I 'believed', I just thought it was funny. Dial down the extrapolation granddad.
  • Options
    Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????

Well yes, you are, aren’t you?

You and @foxy and the rest

Jeezus Christ
    No one’s as clever as you Leon. It’s your world. We only live in it.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????

YOU ARE FUCKING MORONS
    I don't know why you think I 'believed', I just thought it was funny. Dial down the extrapolation granddad.
    I’m prepared to accept that *you* might have got the joke from the start - PERHAPS - I don’t think @foxy @DougSeal or @BartholomewRoberts did. They thought I’d revealed myself as some terrible Nazi

HAHAHAHAHAH
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,011
    edited September 2022
    @dmytrokuleba
    Russians have returned the body of a British humanitarian worker Paul Urie whom they captured in April and reported dead due to “illnesses” and “stress” in July. With signs of possible unspeakable torture. Detaining and torturing civilians is barbarism and a heinous war crime

I express my deepest condolences to relatives and close ones of Paul Urie. He was a brave man who dedicated himself to saving people. Ukraine will never forget him and his deeds. We will identify perpetrators of this crime and hold them to account. They won’t escape justice

https://twitter.com/dmytrokuleba/status/1567585630615388163
  • Options
    Leon said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????

YOU ARE FUCKING MORONS
    I’m prepared to accept that *you* might have got the joke from the start - PERHAPS - I don’t think @foxy @DougSeal or @BartholomewRoberts did. They thought I’d revealed myself as some terrible Nazi

HAHAHAHAHAH
    Hiding in plain sight...
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,848
    Leon is actually Adrian Chiles...

After three weeks travelling in Europe, I’m calling it – British food is the best | Adrian Chiles https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/sep/07/after-three-weeks-travelling-in-europe-im-calling-it-british-food-is-the-best
  • Options
    Leon said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Leon said:

WHAT?????

That one TOO????

YOU ARE FUCKING MORONS

HAHAHAHAHAH
    No. You did that on Sunday.
  • Options
    If Putin is going to cut off the gas at least Europe could start taking the diplomatic gloves off. More weapons to Ukraine, give Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya the full state treatment, stop worrying about Putin being offended or angry.
  • Options
    MISTYMISTY Posts: 1,594
    edited September 2022
    Crude oil getting absolutely slotted in US trading - WTI down a full 5 USD a barrel...

I don't follow these markets too closely but is there any correlation between crude oil and natural gas prices?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,336
    Leon said:

Weird selfie.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,134
    Seems to be a good news day all in all.
This discussion has been closed.