Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The seat with a CON GE2019 72% share where Johnson can’t risk a by-election – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 13,032
    Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

Cauterise is a brilliant word, in this analogy

Except it's really not
    No, it is. The Brexit issue festers far less than it used to. You may not like it but we're in a much happier situation than we were three years ago.
  • darkagedarkage Posts: 5,215
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/delivering-emergency-supplies-to-ukraine

I've just donated to this Ukraine fundraiser. Ex military guy. He is taking van loads of sleeping bags and dry food to the polish border and they are being distributed over the border to the territorial defence volunteers in Ukraine.

He has some credibility based on his linkedin profile - it looks like he is backed by some businesses around Glasgow. I think it is worth taking a chance on. https://www.linkedin.com/in/timothy-bradshaw/

• MaxPB said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

There is lots to dislike about Boris (mendacity, laziness, etc.).

But he also - instinctively - got three things absolutely correct: the need to cauterize Brexit as an issue, by - you know - actually Brexiting; vaccines; and Ukraine.

What did he get right about Ukraine?
    Oh come on, the UK has been at the absolute forefront of supporting the Ukrainians with useful weapons. Now, one can argue that this relationship goes back to Cameron, but nevertheless, under Johnson's premiership the UK has led the way.
    He hasn't positively shat the bed, sure, but there's been no major decision that he could have made differently. Other than not airlifting a bunch of pets (that we know of)
    January, the UK were making lots of supply flights to Ukraine when other European countries weren't in the picture. I doubt Boris was personally scheduling flights, but i would have thought he have to give the nod to make such a move. This meant when the war broke out, especially SoF were very well armed.
    Very fortunately, we happened to have Ben Wallace at Defence at the right time. I suppose we have to give Boris some credit for that, but, looking at his other appointments, it's probably just pure luck.
    If only Boris had appointed a "near perfect" Chancellor
    Tbf, Osborne would be doing a much better job right now IMO.
    I completely agree.
  • The Batman is excellent.
  • bigglesbiggles Posts: 5,636
    edited March 2022
    Cookie said:

Leon said:

kle4 said:

This is interesting

The most fascinating part of this news clip from Putin’s 2003 visit to London, (where he was hosted by the Queen and greeted with a 41-gun salute), is the rare video of him speaking in English.

https://twitter.com/biannagolodryga/status/1507039075336921094

Fascinating. I fear we probably did fuck up our relations with Russia. There was a window where we could have been allies, perhaps

Ach, so sad

This does not exonerate the Mad Putin of today, he must lose and be seen to lose;

Then, if all is well, we can scrutinise our very real failings
    I think even by 2003 it was already too late, though maybe this wasn't fully appreciated in the west. Even back then, in retrospect, this was a regime which if it operated within superficially democratic norms did so only because it was temporarily convenient to do so; and which thought it had a right to pick the leaders of it neighbours.
    Yes, I’m sure the plans for Georgia were already underway, and though we let them get away with that in 2008, it’s no different to Ukraine.

Edit - not to mention Litvinenko would have been planned already.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 53,290
    Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

Except it's really not
    Yes it is, you're just insane. Sadly, this is not news
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 80,371

The Batman is excellent.

Is not a widely held opinion.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 70,649
    Taz said:

Saqib Mahmood has now hit more sixes in Test cricket (1) than Jonathan Trott (0).

What a fact.

Trott never hit a six in test cricket !!
    Nor did Chris Tavaré although he hit two in ODIs.
  • TazTaz Posts: 13,625

Taz said:

Saqib Mahmood has now hit more sixes in Test cricket (1) than Jonathan Trott (0).

What a fact.

The best batsmen always play along the floor.
    I blame T20.....
    On that Note the IPL starts in a few days.
  • TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 41,507
    Leon said:

Jeezo, those old favourites, English sparkling wine and scrabbling through the vomit of BJ’s pm-ship for the delicious bits.
    It’s like PB’s been eating raw onions and kippers.

You are welcome to move to the two websites

www.scottishsparklingwinedebate.com

and

www.scottishjustbasicpolitcalbettingwhywontanyonesanetalktome.com

Weirdly, you don't .Why is that? You hate the UK, why don't you fuck off and do a Scottish site all of your own? why?
    Lol, on the downslope?
    I assume over indulgence in Nyetimber gives you the same disgusting breath as all other sparkling wines.
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 16,910

The Batman is excellent.

How did you find the length? Some have suggested it could have been trimmed a bit.

The Batman is excellent.

How did you find the length? Some have suggested it could have been trimmed a bit.
    Did Catwoman make an unusually personal remark?
    Trott one, is quite some stat. When you think he played a load of tests, against the sort of pace regularly in test match cricket a top edge can easily go for six, before you even consider getting in and taking on a spinner.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 35,362
    Cookie said:

we're in a much happier situation than we were three years ago.

Except we're really not

OBR sticks with forecast that #Brexit will cause 4% long run hit to GDP, and 15% fall in total imports & exports.

Adds "None" of new FTAs OR regulatory changes will have "material impact on our forecast"

Pace @Jacob_Rees_Mogg

https://obr.uk/docs/dlm_uploads/CCS0222366764-001_OBR-EFO-March-2022_Web-Accessible-2.pdf https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1506703157589651459/photo/1

And that's before Truss blows up the GFA
  • TazTaz Posts: 13,625
    ydoethur said:

Taz said:

What a fact.

His swashbuckling innings against the lethal Sri Lankan attack at Lords in 1984 was truly something to behold.
    MaxPB said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

But he also - instinctively - got three things absolutely correct: the need to cauterize Brexit as an issue, by - you know - actually Brexiting; vaccines; and Ukraine.

Oh come on, the UK has been at the absolute forefront of supporting the Ukrainians with useful weapons. Now, one can argue that this relationship goes back to Cameron, but nevertheless, under Johnson's premiership the UK has led the way.
    He hasn't positively shat the bed, sure, but there's been no major decision that he could have made differently. Other than not airlifting a bunch of pets (that we know of)
    January, the UK were making lots of supply flights to Ukraine when other European countries weren't in the picture. I doubt Boris was personally scheduling flights, but i would have thought he have to give the nod to make such a move. This meant when the war broke out, especially SoF were very well armed.
    Very fortunately, we happened to have Ben Wallace at Defence at the right time. I suppose we have to give Boris some credit for that, but, looking at his other appointments, it's probably just pure luck.
    I suspect any CoE would be producing pretty much the same "Budget"

Life is fucked for all of us for quite a while. It is time to adjust to the new normal
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 27,708
    Leon said:

kle4 said:

This is interesting

The most fascinating part of this news clip from Putin’s 2003 visit to London, (where he was hosted by the Queen and greeted with a 41-gun salute), is the rare video of him speaking in English.

https://twitter.com/biannagolodryga/status/1507039075336921094

Fascinating. I fear we probably did fuck up our relations with Russia. There was a window where we could have been allies, perhaps

Ach, so sad

This does not exonerate the Mad Putin of today, he must lose and be seen to lose;

Then, if all is well, we can scrutinise our very real failings
    There is no 'we' in that sense. We can be allies with Russia if America chooses that we shall. Even today with Boris proposing to freeze Russia's gold - that's him kite-flying for the US; they're the ones who'd like to get their mits on the gold. Differences are presentational.
    edited March 2022
    Taz said:

Taz said:

What a fact.

The best batsmen always play along the floor.
    I blame T20.....
    On that Note the IPL starts in a few days.
    And before we know it it will be time for the Hundred....
    Leon said:

Yes it is

The wound is still bleeding, and infected.

Trott one, is quite some stat. When you think he played a load of tests, against the sort of pace regularly in test match cricket a top edge can easily go for six, before you even consider getting in and taking on a spinner.

You need to play a pull to get a top edged six really, and I don’t think he was a frequent puller.
    Not like Graeme Thorpe, allegedly...
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 38,161
    Leon said:

Scott_xP said:

Leon said:

Except it's really not
    Yes it is, you're just insane. Sadly, this is not news
    Scott was happily posting that bullshit video with Boris being "isolated" at the NATO meeting. He just can't help himself. His whole life seems to revolve around hatred of Brexit and Boris. I mean I don't like Boris very much, yet I'm still able to apply basic fucking logic to this stuff and there's no way that Biden and Macron would be rude to the PM of the UK despite Boris being a dipshit. I still remember the same bullshit stories from the Cornwall G7 and Scott furiously masturbating over the video if Macron blanking Boris and speaking to Biden, yet a month later AUKUS came into being and that was founded at the G7 in Cornwall by Boris and Biden.

He still falls for this, time and again. It's as if he's become addicted to bullshit news about the PM or Brexit and doesn't know how to let go of whatever adrenaline rush he gets every time some "bad news" headline comes out.

That is my only complaint but easily the best since Nolan's

You need to play a pull to get a top edged six really, and I don’t think he was a frequent puller.
    At 90mph, you can easily get tucked up, ball flies off top edge, some smaller grounds it can go for 6.

Eh? 85% on Rotten Tomatoes

Ian Botham of course was famous for pulling.

His hooks were something else too.

Something to do with shelving his drive.
  • SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 17,275
    darkage said:

I've just donated to this Ukraine fundraiser. Ex military guy. He is taking van loads of sleeping bags and dry food to the polish border and they are being distributed over the border to the territorial defence volunteers in Ukraine.

He has some credibility based on his linkedin profile - it looks like he is backed by some businesses around Glasgow. I think it is worth taking a chance on. https://www.linkedin.com/in/timothy-bradshaw/

Haven't had time to listen yet:

https://becauseican-the-robust-guide-to-being-effective.simplecast.com/episodes/18-becauseican-ukraine-special
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 26,018

At 90mph, you can easily get tucked up, ball flies off top edge, some smaller grounds it can go for 6.
    I hit a six away to Charterhouse in the County Cup.
    edited March 2022

The Batman is excellent.

Batman is a Tory bastard of course:

- Comes from money.
    - Provides his own privatised solution to crime rather than funding the police force.
    - Beats up poor people.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 121,052
    #RishiAntoinette now trending on twitter
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,231

Imagine being the top 7 batsmen getting out for peanuts and 2 blokes who would struggle to bat much higher than bottom half in local league cricket can build innings.

200 up!
    Jozza Lumley letting the side down, the three Great Cities of the World she’s chosen are Paris, Rome and Berlin. Hasn’t she heard London is BACK?

At my old club there was a local rule of 0 and out into the houses at one end. Closest I came to falling foul of it was a top edged hook, but it just clipped the top of the very tall net. Mind it was not a big ground.
    MaxPB said:

Scott was happily posting that bullshit video

Nope

You are just making shit up now

He's on 45!

Go Mahmood
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

As in, brexit was a severe wound in danger of festering and killing the body politic.

OK
    edited March 2022
    kjh said:

@HYUFD fyi:

Sunday night, C4, The Falklands War, the untold story. Probably worth a watch. Clip from trailer:

The head of the SAS in the Falklands, Sir Michael Rose, speaks publicly for the first time about the war, and how the British task force came close to defeat.

You could say that about virtually any war, the fact is it didn't and the Argentine military is even weaker now than then
  • FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,555
    MaxPB said:

Leon said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

Not sure about Sunak but I thought Osborne was terrible. Did almost nothing of substance with regards to financial reform in the wake of the GFC, pursued an unrealistic approach to the public finances until it was clear it wouldn't work, messed around with corporation tax cuts and enterprise zones to little effect and perhaps worst of all help to buy (sell?).

Leon said:

Jeezo, those old favourites, English sparkling wine and scrabbling through the vomit of BJ’s pm-ship for the delicious bits.

and

Weirdly, you don't .Why is that? You hate the UK, why don't you fuck off and do a Scottish site all of your own? why?
    Lol, on the downslope?
    I assume over indulgence in Nyetimber gives you the same disgusting breath as all other sparkling wines.
    Seriously. Just fuck off to the equivalent and specifically Scottish indy website. We will get together a collection to speed you on your way, and give you lots of likes as you depart!

Nothing you say about anything else, outside Scottish indy, is of any interest to anyone on here. Like all your Nat peers, you are a bore. It is time to face that fact, and quit

Man up, and leave. All you care about is your dismal, parochial Scottish Nationalism. So find a website that satisfies you. Do it. Go
    tlg86 said:

The one in the mendips or the school?

The Batman is excellent.

I think both Leach and Mahmood are proving their worth.

(Ducks)
    biggles said:

The Batman is excellent.

Batman is a Tory bastard of course:

- Comes from money.
    - Provides his own privatised solution to crime rather than funding the police force.
    - Beats up poor people.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1PMVvfjDM

tlg86 said:

The one in the mendips or the school?
    The school. It was a top edge over deep fine leg. It wasn't a long boundary.
    IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

rcs1000 said:

As in, brexit was a severe wound in danger of festering and killing the body politic.

OK
    Yes
    rcs1000 said:

The Batman is excellent.

I think both Leach and Mahmood are proving their worth.

(Ducks)
    No, no, ducks are what the batmen get. The bowlers are far better.
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 13,202
    HYUFD said:

Whose side are you on?
  • HYUFD said:

kjh said:

@HYUFD fyi:

Sunday night, C4, The Falklands War, the untold story. Probably worth a watch. Clip from trailer:

The head of the SAS in the Falklands, Sir Michael Rose, speaks publicly for the first time about the war, and how the British task force came close to defeat.

You could say that about virtually any war, the fact is it didn't and the Argentine military is even weaker now than then
    Tell me, did you experience the Falklands war as if you had you would have known the task force did come close to defeat

I doubt you were more than a wee boy at the time
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,369
    Last time I checked England were about 98/9. Didn't expect them to be on 200.
  • FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,555
    ydoethur said:

Taz said:

What a fact.

I believe when Bradman scored 300 in a day he didn't hit a single six. The best players hit the ball along the ground.
    Leon said:

Leon said:

and

Lol, on the downslope?
    Seriously. Just fuck off to the equivalent and specifically Scottish indy website. We will get together a collection to speed you on your way, and give you lots of likes as you depart!

Nothing you say about anything else, outside Scottish indy, is of any interest to anyone on here. Like all your Nat peers, you are a bore. It is time to face that fact, and quit

Man up, and leave. All you care about is your dismal, parochial Scottish Nationalism. So find a website that satisfies you. Do it. Go
    Given you can hardly persuade your ageing flesh to do what you want, I must break it to you that I’m unlikely to give a fuck about your screeching.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,369
    edited March 2022
    Taz said:

What a fact.

Mike Atherton and Geoff Boycott also hit very few sixes during their long careers. I think Atherton hit 4, and Boycott 2. Atherton played for 12 years, Boycott 18 years. (From memory, haven't checked).

Leon said:

Leon said:

and

Lol, on the downslope?

Given you can hardly persuade your ageing flesh to do what you want, I must break it to you that I’m unlikely to give a fuck about your screeching.
    Just go. Now
  • HYUFD said:

Whose side are you on?
    Dear leader Boris, who must be protected at all cost and that may be a terminal cost for the conservative party
    Andy_JS said:

Taz said:

What a fact.

Mike Atherton and Geoff Boycott also hit very few sixes during their long careers. I think Atherton hit 4, and Boycott 2. Atherton played for 12 years, Boycott 18 years.
    With Boycott it seemed longer...
    Andy_JS said:

Taz said:

What a fact.

Mike Atherton and Geoff Boycott also hit very few sixes during their long careers. I think Atherton hit 4, and Boycott 2. Atherton played for 12 years, Boycott 18 years.
    Boycott of course preferred cutting and driving to pulling or hooking (when he played shots in anger at all).

Atherton was a good player of the pull - equally, he was usually more set on preserving his wicket.

Andy_JS said:

Taz said:

What a fact.

With Boycott it seemed longer...
    Famous newspaper report including a Freudian slip.

'Shortly after tea, Mr Boycott ran a single to long on to complete his century in a little over six years of batting.'
    edited March 2022

HYUFD said:

Whose side are you on?
    Dear leader Boris, who must be protected at all cost and that may be a terminal cost for the conservative party
    Boris now leads Starmer as preferred PM by 2% while Sunak is only tied with Starmer

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1505975053212598280?s=20&t=z67ejZyEfi7EKh0-nkbNZQ

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1505967600504918021?s=20&t=z67ejZyEfi7EKh0-nkbNZQ
    Last over of the cricket.

Hopefully Mahmood and Leach can see the day out.
  • BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    kjh said:

@HYUFD fyi:

Please, Please, don't start him again.
  • kjhkjh Posts: 11,517
    edited March 2022
    rcs1000 said:

kjh said:

According to NYT bit I linked, not only are the Russian foot soldiers using unsecure radio and normal cell phones, apparently even General are communicating via this method. They claim that one of those killed was as a direct result of being tracked via cell phone communications.

If the NYT can get this info, the likes of the US / UK intelligence services must be having a field day with it. No wonder the Ukranian SoF lot appear to know a hell of a lot about when and where to hit things.

The trouble is what to believe and what not to believe. The Today programme the other day stated that Russian soldiers were not allowed to have, let alone use, mobile phones. That seemed unlikely to me, but if true makes the above impossible.
    It's entirely possible that (a) they're not allowed to have/use mobile phones; and (b) a meaningful subset of them have mobile phones.
    Yep, but this was the reason given for us not getting any pictures from the Russian side (dubious because the Russians can quite easily take real or staged pictures if they wanted to) Personally I take all the stories with a pinch of salt. I have little confidence in the media at the best of times, but here they are understandably also getting fed oodles of propaganda which result in contradictions.
    I always wonder what somebody put in his morning coffee that day...

When the usually rock-solid Boycott went Boom Boom

When the dust settled, the greatest stodger of them all had amassed 146 runs, with fifteen fours and three improbable sixes. Yorkshire posted 317 at the then-unprecedented rate of 5.28 an over; in reply

https://wisden.com/stories/features/when-the-usually-rock-solid-boycott-went-boom-boom

HYUFD said:

Whose side are you on?
    But Rishi never said anything about cake, in fact bemoaned the fact his Hovis seedy thing is 20p more.

Though he did imply no magic jam tree, so not everyone will have jam on it, today or tomorrow 😕
  • HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Whose side are you on?
    Boris leads Starmer as preferred PM by 2% while Sunak is only tied with Starmer

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1505975053212598280?s=20&t=z67ejZyEfi7EKh0-nkbNZQ

https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1505967600504918021?s=20&t=z67ejZyEfi7EKh0-nkbNZQ
    Of course
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

and

Lol, on the downslope?

Just go. Now
    :D

rcs1000 said:

Last over of the cricket.

Hopefully Mahmood and Leach can see the day out.

Maybe one more...
  • darkagedarkage Posts: 5,215

darkage said:

Haven't had time to listen yet:

https://becauseican-the-robust-guide-to-being-effective.simplecast.com/episodes/18-becauseican-ukraine-special
    Its good. You get the impression they know exactly what they are doing.
    edited March 2022
    Cracking shot that was for a #11.

Edit - I will be off to GB News then....
    Mahmood to 49! Three balls to go.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 29,273
    ydoethur said:

Andy_JS said:

Taz said:

What a fact.

Boycott of course preferred cutting and driving to pulling or hooking (when he played shots in anger at all).

Atherton was a good player of the pull - equally, he was usually more set on preserving his wicket.
    Imagine those two opening now.
    Oh no
  • HYUFD said:

Whose side are you on?
    But Rishi never said anything about cake, in fact bemoaned the fact his Hovis seedy thing is 20p more.

Though he did imply no magic jam tree, so not everyone will have jam on it, today or tomorrow 😕
    Rishi has failed comprehensively to help those most in need and I am very disappointed in him, though I expect he will stand when Boris goes
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 47,761
    glw said:

Cookie said:

I don't think I'd fully appreciated this. They're communicating with mobile phones? Using the Ukrainian networks?! Really? I'm no comms paranoid but I think I'd find a more secure method than that.
    It's not as if they're using a language which is particularly obscure to the enemy. Ukraine is teeming with people who speak Russian.

Yes there have been numerous reports of them doing such stuff. Even having a Russian phone switched on, or a Russian SIM in a phone, in Ukraine is dangerous. So if some conscript with a mobile is sat in a vehicle in a convoy trundling down some Ukrainian road it's highly likely that somebody knows instantly that "Russians are there". Of course that doesn't mean Ukrainian forces can act, but the risk is there.
    Though as they are running engines to keep warm at night, and the Ukranian drones have thermal imaging, poor communication discipline is not the only way to find them.

https://twitter.com/LostWeapons/status/1506774971749584898?t=HpDEd9VULCKXzsN8cnMQSw&s=19
    This time tomorrow, West Indies, 300 for 3.....
  • another_richardanother_richard Posts: 26,227

I always wonder what somebody put in his morning coffee that day...

When the usually rock-solid Boycott went Boom Boom

When the dust settled, the greatest stodger of them all had amassed 146 runs, with fifteen fours and three improbable sixes. Yorkshire posted 317 at the then-unprecedented rate of 5.28 an over; in reply

https://wisden.com/stories/features/when-the-usually-rock-solid-boycott-went-boom-boom

Brian Close had a word with him.

Boycott could actually score fast when in form.

His 'problem' was that when not in form he still had a good defensive technique which enabled him to bat all day but score only 70.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 38,161
    Which one of you bloody jinxed it!
  • carnforthcarnforth Posts: 4,284
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Drinking English fizz all day in Regent's Park.

Blissful.

Hammered.

Which fizz? Had some Camel Valley brut, from your (former) neck of the woods - very nice.
    Nyetimber Rose

It is excellent. World class

https://www.waitrosecellar.com/rose-wine/nyetimber-rose-nv-591150
    Clearly no cost of living crisis among flint knapper of the world....

I can concur it good stuff.
    The best pink fizz in the world? Gotta be up there.

Also it consistently surprises. You give it to friends and the older and less up-to-speed presume it is French or maybe Italian or even American, but it is British and English and ours and it is exquisite. Pricey, however
    One of the best moments we had at the office pre-COVID was a blind testing of sparkling wines across Europe and our French unit director picking Nytimber over the Champagne option (which was in the £50-60 range iirc). He's never been able to live it down.
    Nyetimber is fantastic.

I would also like to suggest the US champagnes made by the French houses in Napa - not least because they are excellent value. Mumm Napa is about 15 quit.
    The best Californian sparklers are good, but they lack the delicacy of good champagne. England produces just about the only sparkling wines which are genuinely up there with the best.
    I would agree that Nyetimber is genuinely outstanding. But it's also 4-5x the price of Chandon, Mumm Napa or Roederer Estate.
    The standard Nyetimber is £27.69 at Waitrose. Were you thinking of some fancier cuvee?
    MaxPB said:

Raises hand slowly......
  • HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Whose side are you on?
    Boris now leads Starmer as preferred PM by 2% while Sunak is only tied with Starmer

Which totally morally justifies the budget in your view.
  • Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,267

The Batman is excellent.

Eh? 85% on Rotten Tomatoes
    My favourite so far (I haven't seen The Batman) was the Lego version.

That probably says something about me rather than the film though.
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 17,455
    49 is not quite as significant as 99, but it's possible Mahmood will never make a higher score. Reminds me of this piece about notable innings of 99 runs.

MaxPB said:

Raises hand slowly......
    https://www.conservativehome.com/
  • GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 21,165
    edited March 2022
    I’m not sure what it says about British commentators that they brood so jealously over clips of “Boris abroad”.

Nothing good.

Beyond noting that he looks like a chimp dressed as a tramp, who cares who he is shaking hands with?

I ignored the crap this morning about “isolation”, and I’m ignoring the full edit “rebuttal” tonight.
    Wales win!
    Lol at Italy.
  • kjhkjh Posts: 11,517
    BigRich said:

kjh said:

@HYUFD fyi:

Please, Please, don't start him again.
    Don't worry I'm not going to, but I have just seen his reply and it is very very very tempting.
  • pingping Posts: 3,805
    edited March 2022
    tlg86 said:

Lol at Italy.

WTF?!!!
    ping said:

tlg86 said:

Lol at Italy.

WTF?
    And to think I was moaning about the lack of seeding to keep them and Portugal apart.

Jozza Lumley letting the side down, the three Great Cities of the World she’s chosen are Paris, Rome and Berlin. Hasn’t she heard London is BACK?

All great cities, but a rather eurocentric selection.

My top 3 cities would be New York, Istanbul, and Sydney.

Capetown, Marrakesh, Jerusalem, Vienna, Hong Kong all making the shortlist.
  • StillWatersStillWaters Posts: 7,852

I wonder how many women @Leon has shouted at today

That’s an unpleasant tone to set for the discussion
    In the way they attacked my mental health issues, frankly they deserve it
    The rest of us don’t.

Hatred is not a healthy state of mind.

Let bygones be bygones
    In the discussion of a bye for Ukraine to the World Cup, has anyone suggested kicking Russia out and having Scotland play Poland instead?
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 51,742
    HYUFD said:

Twitter is the plaything of really dumb fuckers...
    dixiedean said:

MaxPB said:

Raises hand slowly......
    https://www.conservativehome.com/

Wales win!
    tlg86 said:

Lol at Italy.

Two in a row.
    That's England in the Seventies.
    I was 15 before I was aware of England in a World Cup.
  • AlistairMAlistairM Posts: 2,005
    Italy are out of the World Cup before it has even started. They lost 1-0 to North Macedonia. Look at the shot stats!

Foxy said:

All great cities, but a rather eurocentric selection.

My top 3 cities would be New York, Istanbul, and Sydney.

Capetown, Marrakesh, Jerusalem, Vienna, Hong Kong all making the shortlist.
    What about Constantinople?
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 4,437
    ping said:

tlg86 said:

Lol at Italy.

WTF?!!!
    Italy 0-1 North Macedonia

How?
    MaxPB said:

It was @FrancisUrquhart :smile:
  • SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 17,275

I’m not sure what it says about British commentators that they brood so jealously over clips of “Boris abroad”.

Nothing good.

Beyond noting that he looks like a chimp dressed as a tramp, who cares who he is shaking hands with?

I ignored the crap this morning about “isolation”, and I’m ignoring the full edit “rebuttal” tonight.

At current rate of deterioration of body, wardrobe, hair, etc., etc., by the time the next GE roles around, and assuming he's still PM, won't Boris Johnson resemble Uncle Fester on a very bad day?
    AlistairM said:

Italy are out of the World Cup before it has even started. They lost 1-0 to North Macedonia. Look at the shot stats!

Like Eng vs Poland in 1973.
    AlistairM said:

Though the rest did them good last time, the went on to win the Euros.
This discussion has been closed.