Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Rees-Mogg’s belittling the Scottish CON leader was dumb – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,503
    edited January 2022

IanB2 said:

Taz said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

BREAKING: The Queen removes military titles from Prince Andrew. https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1481674113752215552/photo/1

A tough personal decision for the Queen no doubt but as usual she has done the best thing for the royal family.

Note he is no longer referred to as HRH either, just the Duke of York and confirmed Andrew will do no further public duties as now
    Tories do the best thing for the Tory party.
    HMQ does the best thing for her family.

Who's left to the best thing for the country?
    Certainly not the SNP
    Nicola Sturgeon is rated higher among the English than Boris Johnson.
    Sturgeon has a -20% approval now, even if she has not yet plumbed to Salmond depths
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Nicola_Sturgeon
    Johnson is -30, so my point stands.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Boris_Johnson
    When you’re benchmarking her against Johnson, effectively saying ‘at least she’s better than Johnson, thats pretty desperate stuff.
    A bit like saying someone is more compassionate than Hitler
    TBF, he loved his dog.
    He still shot it. It was hardly likely to miss him much.
    He may loved Eva Braun in a strange way, in as much as it's possible for a damaged sociopath to love someone, or anything.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,217

Scott_xP said:

BREAKING: The Metropolitan Police will NOT investigate any of the Downing Street parties unless and until the Sue Gray inquiry finds evidence of criminality.

ie the Met are relying on an internal inquiry to decide for them whether a crime was committed.

Full statement 👇 https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1481678636096892929/photo/1

Sounds wrong. But Sue would have to stop and wait for them, delaying from end of next week till who knows when?
    I am very relieved the Met will not act before Sue Gray's report which is due in 10 days, but would have been kicked into the long grass and this political crisis seeing no ending
    My guess is that the police saw no upside. Get involved and effectively stretch out/blur the issue, and potentially start yet another political fight of police vs politicians.

Everyone who went to Oxford between the late 80s and the early 2000s thinks that the police are completely corrupt and useless already... Why *really* make enemies of the next cabinet. Half of whom....
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

“I was trying to come up with a comparison to Boris’s ‘I thought it was a work event’ and all I can think of are those people who go into hospital with a bottle stuck up their bum and claim they slipped and fell onto it.”

I thought that happened with solid shot APC rounds these days?
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    Carnyx said:

Taz said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

BREAKING: The Queen removes military titles from Prince Andrew. https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1481674113752215552/photo/1

A tough personal decision for the Queen no doubt but as usual she has done the best thing for the royal family.

Note he is no longer referred to as HRH either, just the Duke of York and confirmed Andrew will do no further public duties as now

Certainly not the SNP
    Sturgeon has a -20% approval now, even if she has not yet plumbed to Salmond depths

When you’re benchmarking her against Johnson, effectively saying ‘at least she’s better than Johnson, thats pretty desperate stuff.
    But we’re talking about her popularity in England. Her party doesn’t even put up candidates in England.

It’s pretty unusual for any foreign leader to be more popular than that country’s own head of government. Maybe Obama was more popular than Brown? Probably other, better examples. But still bloody unusual.
    Is there a figure for Mr J's popularity in the UK + EU?
    He gets routinely ridiculed on Swedish tv, and being raving Anglophiles they’re usually very forgiving of English foibles. Hate to think what the Italians, Poles, French etc think of him. Probably too busy laughing their heads off. Boris est une raclure de bidet.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,937
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

NEW The Duke of York has been stripped of his military titles and royal patronages by the Queen and will not return to official duties. #PrinceAndrew will no longer use his HRH styling in any capacity. Royal sources say the decisions were discussed among the royal family https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/status/1481674822497316875/photo/1

Also no longer HRH. I guess removing the Dukedom will be the final step, if convicted.
    He is no longer a working royal or with a royal title and only 9th in the line of succession.

Removing his non royal title however does not follow precedent, even some convicted criminals have kept their titles eg the current Duke of Marlborough or Lord Brocket, who both did their time and are now back in society with their titles still
    I think I am right in saying that the Duke of Marlborough and Lord Brocket couldn't have their honours forfeited as their honours were inherited rather than awarded (i.e. hereditary rather than life honours).

I believe the remit of the Honours Forfeiture Committee only extends to whether information has come to light since award which means the honour shouldn't have been awarded and forfeiture is needed to secure the integrity of the honours system. But nothing the present Duke of Marlborough has done calls into question the decision by Queen Anne or whoever it was in respect of the 1st Duke (I mean, you can argue hereditary titles are completely unjustifiable but that's a general point, creates a bit of a problem for the monarchy, and would require legislation to change).
    The position of Duke of York is also arguably hereditary, every holder of the title has been one of Andrew's distant ancestors.

The Duke of York was created as a hereditary title for a non firstborn son of the monarch eg the 1st Duke of York, Edmund Langley, was son of King Edward IIIrd
    Andy is descended from both one of the Princes in the Tower and Prince Fredrick? Pretty radical reinterpretation of English and British history you’ve foisted on us there HYUFD.
    Yes, the Princes in the Tower's sister was Henry VII's wife, Henry VIIth's wife was of course related to Andrew via her daughter, Queen Margaret of Scotland.

Prince Frederick was Queen Victoria's uncle, thus also related to Andrew
    You said "ancestor" which means in the direct line of descent.
    Andrew has been stripped of all his royal titles and positions.

Removing the Duke of York title from him would be a matter for the Honours Committee however given the precedents of the Duke of Marlborough and Lord Brocket who were both jailed but kept their titles, if Andrew was stripped of his title having merely lost a civil not even a criminal case he would have strong legal grounds to contest it I would assume.

Every holder of the title is related to him and the position was originally created for a son of the monarch
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,954
    edited January 2022

Taz said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Certainly not the SNP

But we’re talking about her popularity in England. Her party doesn’t even put up candidates in England.

It’s pretty unusual for any foreign leader to be more popular than that country’s own head of government. Maybe Obama was more popular than Brown? Probably other, better examples. But still bloody unusual.
    4th most popular in the UK on that list of 285 UK pols.

Yoons: proof were it needed that Sturgeon is an abject failure. WHY ISN’T SHE FIRST?!
  • Options

I see we are getting ever closer to China...

"A covert Chinese agent has infiltrated Parliament to interfere with UK politics, MI5 has revealed."
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59984380

JRM? Surely not!
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,097
    edited January 2022
    HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

NEW The Duke of York has been stripped of his military titles and royal patronages by the Queen and will not return to official duties. #PrinceAndrew will no longer use his HRH styling in any capacity. Royal sources say the decisions were discussed among the royal family https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/status/1481674822497316875/photo/1

Also no longer HRH. I guess removing the Dukedom will be the final step, if convicted.
    He is no longer a working royal or with a royal title and only 9th in the line of succession.

Removing his non royal title however does not follow precedent, even some convicted criminals have kept their titles eg the current Duke of Marlborough or Lord Brocket, who both did their time and are now back in society with their titles still
    I think I am right in saying that the Duke of Marlborough and Lord Brocket couldn't have their honours forfeited as their honours were inherited rather than awarded (i.e. hereditary rather than life honours).

I believe the remit of the Honours Forfeiture Committee only extends to whether information has come to light since award which means the honour shouldn't have been awarded and forfeiture is needed to secure the integrity of the honours system. But nothing the present Duke of Marlborough has done calls into question the decision by Queen Anne or whoever it was in respect of the 1st Duke (I mean, you can argue hereditary titles are completely unjustifiable but that's a general point, creates a bit of a problem for the monarchy, and would require legislation to change).
    The position of Duke of York is also arguably hereditary, every holder of the title has been one of Andrew's distant ancestors.

The Duke of York was created as a hereditary title for a non firstborn son of the monarch eg the 1st Duke of York, Edmund Langley, was son of King Edward IIIrd
    Andy is descended from both one of the Princes in the Tower and Prince Fredrick? Pretty radical reinterpretation of English and British history you’ve foisted on us there HYUFD.
    The Princes in the Tower's sister was Henry VII's wife, Henry VIIth's wife was of course related to Andrew via her daughter, Queen Margaret of Scotland.

Ah. You were using the word ancestor to mean - well - not an ancestor at all.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Taz said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Certainly not the SNP

A bit like saying someone is more compassionate than Hitler
    TBF, he loved his dog.
    He still shot it. It was hardly likely to miss him much.
    He may loved Eva Braun in a strange way, in as much as it's possible for a damaged sociopath to love someone.
    TBF, he *did* kill Hitler.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    IanB2 said:

“I was trying to come up with a comparison to Boris’s ‘I thought it was a work event’ and all I can think of are those people who go into hospital with a bottle stuck up their bum and claim they slipped and fell onto it.”

“It’s a hamster sir - how on earth…”
    “Miss Tingle! I wondered where she got to. Thank you very much for helping find her.”
    “Your welcome. Excuse me sir, do you your bit of drainpipe back as well.”
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

BREAKING: The Metropolitan Police will NOT investigate any of the Downing Street parties unless and until the Sue Gray inquiry finds evidence of criminality.

ie the Met are relying on an internal inquiry to decide for them whether a crime was committed.

Full statement 👇 https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1481678636096892929/photo/1

Sounds wrong. But Sue would have to stop and wait for them, delaying from end of next week till who knows when?
    I am very relieved the Met will not act before Sue Gray's report which is due in 10 days, but would have been kicked into the long grass and this political crisis seeing no ending
    I agree. I feared the same. But technically it wrong. So technically wrong but we are still happy?

Maybe they made the statement because of all the calls from number 10 saying “please investigate me” 😆
    The thing is you said Boris will be gone in weeks due to wallpapergate, and I said he will be gone because of partygate and in our own way we could both be right, gone due to partygate and in weeks
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,383

MattW said:

MattW said:

TimS said:

Pulpstar said:

Big fall in cases, even allowing for Scottish LFTs.

Hospital admissions + number flat.

Deaths remain a concern but should follow suit.

Case rate amongst 90+ in England peaked on Jan 4th, so I'd expect deaths by specimen to peak around 18th. There's the eternal backfilling too so reported deaths could stay high for a while.
    The recent rise in deaths does look too rapid and lacking in medical logic. A number of people have pointed out that prevalence rates in the community mean that the incidental "with Covid" rates would be expected to be high. On a population wide basis if 5-10% of people had it at any one time then 5-10% of total deaths (of a few thousand) would be around 50-100 per day I think.

But that still doesn't explain 300+. Either it's true Omicron mortality, but the ICU stats give the lie to that, or it's:

- Christmas backfilling (but that would imply Delta deaths in December were higher than we thought, which in hindsight is bad news), or
    - Prevalence in hospitals and care homes significantly higher than the UK average. Possible, especially in hospitals - though no hard evidence of that
    Where does this alleged 300+ number come from?

I have yet to see it on the Coronavirus Dashboard.
    Someone is using reporting day numbers.. Someone is being naughty {kicks the cage of flying lawyers with baseball bats}

Actual numbers...

Do you happen to have a link to an example of such a report?
    All the reports I generate are from the Dashboard data via their open api -

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/developers-guide/main-api

The actual query for this data is

https://api.coronavirus.data.gov.uk/v1/data?page=1&filters=areaType=overview&structure={"date":"date","areaName":"areaName","areaType":"areaType","areaCode":"areaCode","cases":"newCasesBySpecimenDate","deaths":"newDeaths28DaysByDeathDate","hospitalCases":"hospitalCases","newAdmissions":"newAdmissions","covidOccupiedMVBeds":"covidOccupiedMVBeds","newPillarOne":"newPillarOneTestsByPublishDate","newPillarTwo":"newPillarTwoTestsByPublishDate","cumAdmissionsByAge":"cumAdmissionsByAge","femaleCases":"femaleCases","maleCases":"maleCases","cumFirstDose":"cumPeopleVaccinatedFirstDoseByPublishDate","cumSecondDose":"cumPeopleVaccinatedSecondDoseByPublishDate"}

It gets other UK level data, but the "deaths" field in the returned JSON is the one you want....
    I actually meant to an example of the 300+ claim :smile: . Sorry !
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Standard:

The Standard was told that three members of the executive of the 1922 Committee of backbench Tory MPs have handed in letters of no confidence in Mr Johnson

Four senior Tories have gone public in calling for Mr Johnson to resign including Scottish leader Mr Ross, Mr Wragg, former minister Caroline Nokes, and ex-leader of the Tories in Scotland Baroness Davidson

The rest have gone public in private.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,811

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Remember however the Tories had 0 Scottish seats in 1997 and only 1 seat even in 2015 when they won an overall UK majority.

The Scottish party is no more important to the Tory party than any other regional branch of it, it is the UK Tory party as a whole who will decide who its leader is, after all that is the whole point of the Union. The whole UK determines the UK government, not just Scots, Scots have their own parliament for much domestic policy post devolution but Westminster still remains the UK parliament

You carry on reaching out to those swing voters!
    I notice his assertion the whole point of the Union of the Kingdoms is to support the Conservative Party. Just to avoid the need for any quic edits, he said" it is the UK Tory party as a whole who will decide who its leader is, after all that is the whole point of the Union."
    Here is a deal: you stop kicking HYUFD and I'll stop kicking Malcolm? How long can we keep it up?
    You flatter yourself you scumbag of scumbags. Why have you stopped F***ing off foreskin. The day you are able to kick me will be the day I become Pope. @Nigel_Foremain @Carnyx
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,954
    edited January 2022
    Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

That's the last time I take a doctor into my confidence.
    It’s fine on PB as long as the bottle didn’t contain ghastly plebby supermarket wine.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,215
    edited January 2022
    Anyhow, those many of us who are desperately waiting to see the dismissal of a palpable incompetent whom no sensible person would ever have appointed to manage anything of any consequence, at least have the chance to tune into the Apprentice at 9pm this evening, while we are waiting for the biggest incompetent of all to get fired.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

The Princes in the Tower's sister was Henry VII's wife, Henry VIIth's wife was of course related to Andrew via her daughter, Queen Margaret of Scotland.

They are all related to him and the Dukedom was created for the son of the monarch.

Legally Andrew would likely win a legal case if the Honours Committee tried to remove his title of Duke of York (he no longer having the royal title HRH anyway), given Lord Brocket and the Duke of Marlborough have kept their titles having both been jailed and if Andrew only lost a civil case not even a criminal case like they did
  • Options
    Wulfrun_PhilWulfrun_Phil Posts: 4,595
    junius said:

I was at the Luton Town v Wolverhampton Wanderers FA Cup match on 20th February, 1960. At half-time it was announced that the Queen had given birth to another son, Andrew. The crowd (most of whom were already standing) burst into rapturous applause.
    Strange to look back on that now.
    And for those of you keener on football than royalty, Wolves beat Luton 4-1 - and went on to win the FA Cup in May.

Yam a Wulfrunian too?
  • Options
    MattW said:

MattW said:

MattW said:

TimS said:

Pulpstar said:

Case rate amongst 90+ in England peaked on Jan 4th, so I'd expect deaths by specimen to peak around 18th. There's the eternal backfilling too so reported deaths could stay high for a while.
    The recent rise in deaths does look too rapid and lacking in medical logic. A number of people have pointed out that prevalence rates in the community mean that the incidental "with Covid" rates would be expected to be high. On a population wide basis if 5-10% of people had it at any one time then 5-10% of total deaths (of a few thousand) would be around 50-100 per day I think.

But that still doesn't explain 300+. Either it's true Omicron mortality, but the ICU stats give the lie to that, or it's:

- Christmas backfilling (but that would imply Delta deaths in December were higher than we thought, which in hindsight is bad news), or
    - Prevalence in hospitals and care homes significantly higher than the UK average. Possible, especially in hospitals - though no hard evidence of that

Someone is using reporting day numbers.. Someone is being naughty {kicks the cage of flying lawyers with baseball bats}

Actual numbers...

https://api.coronavirus.data.gov.uk/v1/data?page=1&filters=areaType=overview&structure={"date":"date","areaName":"areaName","areaType":"areaType","areaCode":"areaCode","cases":"newCasesBySpecimenDate","deaths":"newDeaths28DaysByDeathDate","hospitalCases":"hospitalCases","newAdmissions":"newAdmissions","covidOccupiedMVBeds":"covidOccupiedMVBeds","newPillarOne":"newPillarOneTestsByPublishDate","newPillarTwo":"newPillarTwoTestsByPublishDate","cumAdmissionsByAge":"cumAdmissionsByAge","femaleCases":"femaleCases","maleCases":"maleCases","cumFirstDose":"cumPeopleVaccinatedFirstDoseByPublishDate","cumSecondDose":"cumPeopleVaccinatedSecondDoseByPublishDate"}

It gets other UK level data, but the "deaths" field in the returned JSON is the one you want....
    I presume the.... person... is referring to

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths#:~:text=Daily-,335,Value,-: 335 — Abstract information

{typing GPS coordinates into iDeathFromAbove App}
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775

Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

It’s fine on PB as long as the bottle didn’t contain ghastly plebby supermarket wine.
    There are easier ways to remove a cork
  • Options

Taz said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Certainly not the SNP

Yoons: proof were it needed that Sturgeon is an abject failure. WHY ISN’T SHE FIRST?!
    If there were any way in which Nicola could take (and be persuaded to take) the job of UK PM, and be willing to bat for the entire country, I’d take her like a shot.
  • Options

Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

Only if it isn't *interesting* wine. It's not unusual for supermarkets to get hold of some really good stuff.

Bit like the "own brand" single malts - sometimes hides a gem...
  • Options
    Background numbers around France's Covid Cases reports.

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,793
    malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Remember however the Tories had 0 Scottish seats in 1997 and only 1 seat even in 2015 when they won an overall UK majority.

The Scottish party is no more important to the Tory party than any other regional branch of it, it is the UK Tory party as a whole who will decide who its leader is, after all that is the whole point of the Union. The whole UK determines the UK government, not just Scots, Scots have their own parliament for much domestic policy post devolution but Westminster still remains the UK parliament

I notice his assertion the whole point of the Union of the Kingdoms is to support the Conservative Party. Just to avoid the need for any quic edits, he said" it is the UK Tory party as a whole who will decide who its leader is, after all that is the whole point of the Union."
    Here is a deal: you stop kicking HYUFD and I'll stop kicking Malcolm? How long can we keep it up?
    You flatter yourself you scumbag of scumbags. Why have you stopped F***ing off foreskin. The day you are able to kick me will be the day I become Pope. @Nigel_Foremain @Carnyx
    Evening Malc.

Is everything OK?
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,043
    malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Welcome to PB your Holiness!
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,508

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

Alistair said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

kjh said:

HYUFD said:

I am energised and excited that HYUFD is supporting the campaign to remove Conservative councillors here in Scotland. I would like to invite him to come leaflet with me in Fraserburgh to unseat Aberdeenshire Council leader Andy Kille, who's leadership he describes as "nothing to save".

I think that "Nothing to Save" is a fine election slogan when you run a council.

Aberdeenshire is NOC not Conservative majority controlled
    He didn't say it was. He referred to him as council leader. No idea if that is accurate, but he never said it was majority controlled.
    And my original comment was the Conservatives control no council in Scotland, which is correct. Not a single council in Scotland has a Conservative majority of its councillors
    “ the Conservatives control no council in Scotland”

Have you informed Douglas Ross?
    Could call Andy Kille in the Council Leader's office at the council office (which interestingly is in Aberdeen city - another council's area...) and tell him that although he runs the council he really doesn't and there is nothing to save.

I thought JRM was spectacularly tone-deaf last night. But compared to HY...
    Epping Forest was NOC in the early 2000s and late 1990s, we do not consider we controlled the council then only now as we have a Conservative majority.

If SCons consider NOC a Tory majority no wonder they fail to win more
    Uninformed comment. In Scotland we have multi-member wards with transferable votes. In practice, it makes it almost impossible for any party to win a majority on a Scottish Council. If FPTP had applied, as in England, the Scots Tories would certainly have won a very handsome majority on Aberdeenshire Council in 2017 when the council was last contested.
    In FPTP terms Scottish Conservatives also won only 6 MPs in 2019 while UK Tories won 365 MPs under Boris. They are only a small wing of the party and largely irrelevant to the party and Union unless they manage to deny the SNP a majority at Holyrood, which they have still failed to do.

They do not dictate who leads the UK party
    You’re going to incur the wrath of Ruth. Better put your helmet on.
    Ruth was also leader of the SCons in 2015 when the Tories got 1 MP, they still now have 6 with Boris as UK PM.

So Ruth should stop whinging about Boris, he did better for the SCons than Cameron did at Westminster
    They got 13 MPs in 2017 after Ruth had had time to turn the party round. Since devolution she is one of only two Scottish politicians with the dynamism and personality to make the political weather. The other was Alex Salmond.
    She took over in 2011!

She lead the party to worst ever local council elections, worst ever Euro elections and then worst by vote share General Election result (only missing absolute worst ever by a few hundred votes in DCT for Mundell to cling on).

She only started making progress in 2016 when she adopted her defeated leadership opponent Murdo Fraser's idea to get rid of the Conservative branding in Scotland(combined with Labour shooting themselves in the head during the IndyRef campaign).
    The Ruth Was Fantastic myth is one of the biggest oddities of the last decade.
    Without her in 2017, I don't think that the Tories would have had enough Scottish seats to form a government.

I wonder how she feels about that now.
    I think she feels fine, and pleased that Douglas Ross managed to consolidate the position by hanging on to 31 MSPs in May. Managing to detoxify the Tory brand in Scotland to the extent she did was a significant achievement, whatever Stuart says.
    Detoxified? Ho ho. We’ll see how the detoxification process is going in May.
    What are the likely Tory losses in the locals in May? What can we predict?
    They will certainly be less than 2019 given fewer seats are up and Labour already hold most of the council seats that will be up, unlike in 2019 when most councillors up were Tory
    A quick look suggests that, if losses were as bad numerically as in 2019. the Tories would get precisely two councillors elected in May! It's not exactly that as the seats up this year aren't exactly the same as in 2018 due to reorganisations etc, but the 2019 round just had a lot of wards up (many of them tiny wards but still).

May lost around a quarter of Tory councillors up in 2019 (which was a dire year and the base was an excellent year for the blues coinciding with the General Election in 2015). A quarter lost this year would be around 300 but the base is lower as 2018 wasn't a vintage Tory year but okay - basically tied with Labour in % vote.

Sticking my neck on the line, I'm predicting 120 losses. Net gains would be a triumph, losses under 100 would be not great but okay, losses over 150 bad, losses over 200 dire.

I think the interest will be in the swing in Red Wall towns and Scotland.

More important though would be if SF top the vote in NI and appoint the first minister.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

You are Father Jack and I claim my bottle of John Daniels.....
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

They are all related to him and the Dukedom was created for the son of the monarch.

Legally Andrew would likely win a legal case if the Honours Committee tried to remove his title of Duke of York (he no longer having the royal title HRH anyway), given Lord Brocket and the Duke of Marlborough have kept their titles having both been jailed and if Andrew only lost a civil case not even a criminal case like they did
    BBC just interviewed officers and officials from the Grantham Conservatives, all of whom said it is time for Boris to go

I expect this is being repeated across the nation as to be fair they are the ground troops who have to defend the indefensible
  • Options

Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

Only if it isn't *interesting* wine. It's not unusual for supermarkets to get hold of some really good stuff.

You’re posting a little early for PB’s wine correspondent to be here spinning the merits of some £13-a-bottle plonk from another obscure east European country?
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

John Daniels? Not Jack Daniels?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

You actually edited that rubbish to add the stuff about Lord Brocket that you copied and pasted from Wikipedia? That is a bit sad, you know.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Taz said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Certainly not the SNP

If there were any way in which Nicola could take (and be persuaded to take) the job of UK PM, and be willing to bat for the entire country, I’d take her like a shot.
    I believe in that case Leon may challenge you to a duel as his favoured option would be Salmond, the best pm that the UK never had.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,918
    Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

I do like the phrase ‘Henry VIII’s wife’! Covers a multitude of something or other!
  • Options
    Re: "The Apprentice" note that You Know Who was the star of the American knock-off.

So he made himself famous - "You're fired" - before becoming POTUS.

IS it possible, or even probable, that Boris Johnson will be the star of a new UK-edition of "The Apprentice" after he departs No. 10?

Practical Putinism for fun & profit.
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,522
    edited January 2022

HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

BBC just interviewed officers and officials from the Grantham Conservatives, all of whom said it is time for Boris to go

I expect this is being repeated across the nation as to be fair they are the ground troops who have to defend the indefensible
    Please don't use the expression "ground troops". It will get our friend from Essex over-excited about the looming civil war in your party.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

You’re posting a little early for PB’s wine correspondent to be here spinning the merits of some £13-a-bottle plonk from another obscure east European country?
    On a serious note - avoid big names. You are paying for the name.

And when in Eastern Europe, for Gods sake, drink the local wine. Some of it is amazing. Bulgarian Chardonnays - stuff that at £10 a bottle beats £90 in France...

Spend £5 on the local vino, in a local place. It isn't great, then not much loss. And if you share it round, you make friends with the locals.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,079
    IanB2 said:

kinabalu said:

IshmaelZ said:

Jonathan Powell
    @jnpowell1
    ·
    3h
    5. Lastly I was in No 10 for ten years and we didn’t have as many staff parties in a decade as they appear to have had in a few months. When on earth did they find time to do any work?

Link from a comment on that thread, in depth description of Sue Gray from 2015

She sounds like a less user friendly Rosa Klebb, and the last person I'd want investigating me. Effectively did for Fox and Mitchell apparently

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33431580
    The big thing about Sue Gray, if I've heard this once this last few days I've heard it a thousand times, is that she goes about her job "without fear or favour". Which sounds terrific. This Report of hers needs to be pretty devastating to live up to the expectations I've (perhaps foolishly) allowed myself to develop. How it might not be is if it sticks too much to de-blooded mundane facts. We want the facts, yes, but we also want some editorial so long as it flows with irrefutable logic from those facts. I think it might shy away from that. But we'll see. I certainly haven't looked forward to a report from the civil service so much for ages.
    We’re not going to get any of that.

We’re just going to get a recantation of the facts, most of which we already know.

There may be some extra events in the list, which so far haven’t been revealed.

The only smoking gun is whether Reynolds - who is surely toast whatever happens - is prepared to say that the PM suggested or authorised the event and approved the email sending out the hundred invitations.

If Reynolds is willing to go quietly, then all we’ll have is the same argument resumed that began yesterday. The key, for the PM, will be what view his MPs have settled upon in the light of their postbag, their time in their constituencies this weekend, and the next batch of opinion polls.
    Yes, I agree - that's likely all it'll be. And it is all down to the public (via polls) really. If enough of them want him gone he's gone. I make it a 50/50 right now. A straight 50/50.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Antacids are quite useful when one is suffering from severe indigestion! Can really upset the mood.
  • Options

MattW said:

MattW said:

MattW said:

TimS said:

Pulpstar said:

Actual numbers...

I presume the.... person... is referring to

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths#:~:text=Daily-,335,Value,-: 335 — Abstract information

{typing GPS coordinates into iDeathFromAbove App}
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

That’s the mystery of medical statistics.

When you’re in A&E having the extraction performed (so I am told) you’re assured that everything is entirely confidential.

Only later, when you are again able to sit down comfortably on your computer chair, do you stumble across NHS statistics detailing the various objects they have extracted from patients’ rear ends during the last year, and wonder whether and how your own case got to be included.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

It would be the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honours_Forfeiture_Committee not the Honours Committee. Peerages aren't technically honours and forfeiting them was always more difficult because it has political ramifications. All this stuff is done by Royal Prerogative anyway so I don't think you'd get far with legal challenges.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Please don't use the expression "ground troops". It will get our friend from Essex over-excited about the looming civil war in your party.
    You have given me a chuckle moment
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

Does anyone have any recommendations from the current Laithwaite's sale catalogue?
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

I agree. I feared the same. But technically it wrong. So technically wrong but we are still happy?

Maybe they made the statement because of all the calls from number 10 saying “please investigate me” 😆
    The thing is you said Boris will be gone in weeks due to wallpapergate, and I said he will be gone because of partygate and in our own way we could both be right, gone due to partygate and in weeks
    Okay. 🙂. You are the big winner from a change what looks inevitable now as you 99% sure to get Rishi as leader and whole new properly functioning government. As I’m lidbdem we would definitely do better from Boris staying till general election, but I just feel so sorry for bereaved families upset by Boris still there, so soon as possible go to Rishi now please.

So what is that timeline?

Political journo’s say Gray hoping to be ready end of next week. Police cannot now stop that, but could further revelations to investigate slow it down a bit?
    If next Thursday or Friday published as government promise, many letters are waiting on hearing that, it could be Vonc as early as following week?
    If Boris loses, leadership contest part one, MP hustings and votes has been about two weeks in the last few?
    What happens to Boris, does in stay in the building? Or if he chooses to flounce off and there’s a temp, do all next PM next Tory leader gets die with a Temp?
    And the member hustings and ballot is what, at least 8 weeks? So that’s April at earliest? If it goes to member ballot.

So Rishi bounce just in time for May polls?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Hark? Is that the dulcet tones of a Meadows V-12 I hear in the middle distance?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Were the two examples you cite - Brocket and Marlborough - ever tested in the courts?

Plus note the examples of Dukes of Albany and Cumberland, stripped of their dukedoms via Titles Deprivation Act 1917

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titles_Deprivation_Act_1917

In this case, removal of titles was achieved by Act of Parliament. Which precedent could be applied to Rancid Andy?
  • Options
    edited January 2022

IanB2 said:

Taz said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Certainly not the SNP

I believe in that case Leon may challenge you to a duel as his favoured option would be Salmond, the best pm that the UK never had.
    A decent duel should be one-on-one; facing eight or more of them would clearly be poor show.

Even though, if their shooting is as accurate as their predictions, I could just stand there and watch their bullets all miss by a country mile.
  • Options

Re: "The Apprentice" note that You Know Who was the star of the American knock-off.

IS it possible, or even probable, that Boris Johnson will be the star of a new UK-edition of "The Apprentice" after he departs No. 10?

My dream is that he has shat his own bed so badly his future is second-string entertainer on out of season Saga cruise ships
  • Options
    edited January 2022

HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

And how many of them would vote for Truss under whom the Tories poll even worse than`Boris in hypothetical polls? Still fewer than 50% of 2019 Tory voters want Boris to go in the latest polls and even fewer amongst those still voting Tory
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

"He may be Jack to you son, but when you've known him as long as I have..."

A bottle of John Daniels saved me from a horrible fate, once, long ago.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,584

Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

Lidl had some surprisingly good whisky about 3-4 years back. It had some stupid name like The Jizz of McGillicuddy of the Reeks but was excellent value for the quality.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Were the two examples you cite - Brocket and Marlborough - ever tested in the courts?

Plus note the examples of Dukes of Albany and Cumberland, stripped of their dukedoms via Titles Deprivation Act 1917

In this case, removal of titles was achieved by Act of Parliament. Which precedent could be applied to Rancid Andy?
    There was, back in the day, a standard and very effective method of removing embarrassing nobles. Involved an axe!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    MattW said:

Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

Does anyone have any recommendations from the current Laithwaite's sale catalogue?
    Some of their higher priced Rieslings are well worth a look

Check out the Austrian one they stock - excellent for the price.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Both were officers in the German army at the time, fighting Britain, ie active traitors. A totally different case to Andrew merely losing a civil case, whatever else he has done he also fought for his country in the Falklands
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Antacids are quite useful when one is suffering from severe indigestion! Can really upset the mood.
    Foreskin? lol. This is the extent of the silly little mans "wit". I don't need to kick him really he does such a good job of it himself.😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

My dream is that he has shat his own bed so badly his future is second-string entertainer on out of season Saga cruise ships
    At least he’s had covid already.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Taz said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Certainly not the SNP

I think I am getting hang of this now.

After the Malmesbury Monoliths appear and pass through the posts like animals marching through tellytubby land, we all get drunk and await the arrival of Leon. Particularly on Thursdays.

My goodness he has a lot to Pontificate on tonight. I think he will start on Labour MPs taking half a million pounds from Chinese spy’s.
  • Options
    I've joined, so should you all.

https://www.republic.org.uk/join_republic
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

lol
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

You Know Who might wish to employ post-PM Boris as a warm-up act for his 2024 road show?

Would be a WAY better draw that Nick Farage that's for sure. Certainly BoJo has NOT worn out his welcome as a Benny Hill impersonator on this side of the Atlantic OR the Pacific!
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

I believe the classical history lecture circuit is a thing on the cruise ship scene?
    BJ might even learn something.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

What was her name?
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Absolutely not, though personally that would be grounds for expulsion from Tory Party membership for me given you already voted LD at the last general election and still wish to actively push a non Tory republican agenda.
  • Options
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

With the fan belt just about to go, and needing the lifting of the whole engine from the tank to be replaced.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

It is the more formal version
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Both were officers in the German army at the time, fighting Britain, ie active traitors. A totally different case to Andrew merely losing a civil case, whatever else he has done he also fought for his country in the Falklands
    Up to Parliament to decide, not the likes of me OR you . . .until you make onto the green (or red) benches.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Carnyx said:

Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

Lidl had some surprisingly good whisky about 3-4 years back. It had some stupid name like The Jizz of McGillicuddy of the Reeks but was excellent value for the quality.
    That would be whiskey, and it's The McGillicuddy. Omit that and it sounds really silly.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Absolutely not, though personally that would be grounds for expulsion from Tory Party membership for me given you already voted LD at the last general election and still wish to actively push a non Tory republican agenda.
    I know several Tory Brexiteers who said I was absolutely right to vote Lib Dem in 2017 and 2019 because it was a Lib Dem/Labour marginal given who the Labour candidate and Labour leader were.

Anyhoo, I'm up for fizz with Liz, she knows.
  • Options
    MarkHMarkH Posts: 2
    I sense a shifting of the the political tectonic plates. The next Tory leader must lance the boil of the ERG/Covid Recovery Group as Kinnock did with Momentum, although will probably face a similar fate.
    Since the CRG rebellion, the Rees-Moggs etc believe they have free reign, appealing to the c100,000 party members but increasingly alienating UK voters. As with Johnson, any new leader will be in thrall to the CRG unless they call a GE and remove the whip, so they can't stand, as Johnson did with Tory moderates.
    Johnson irretrievably lost any authority over his party with the CRG revolt against Plan B so was already a dead man walking. Even before 'party gate'.
    Previous PMs have been able to turn their tenure into filthy lucre. This option is no longer open to Johnson as he has already rewarded his acolytes and will have no traction as a columnist, expert meeting chair or lobbyist and will become. effectively homeless, on loss of office. Even as an after-dinner speaker to software salesmen, his appeal as the 'dim-sounding-but-actually-very-clever' speaker will fail if just one person suffered a bereavement during lockdown.
    Starmer must be hoping he'll cling on, with every PMQs 'he said this then, he said that then' which one is the truth? will resonate. Starmer has been collecting and collating receipts for 18 months now.
    His awkward squad, (Corbynite/Momentum) is easier to control. Without the whip, Corbyn faces a future of cultivating his allotment while collecting his pension. While his wife would advocate this course, his lifetime of 'tilting against windmills' will probably mean him setting up his own party. Without the party whip he cannot stand as an MP. Membership or support for such a new party would mean expulsion from Labour/removal of whip for Starmer's awkward squad.
    And then there is running a de facto 'progressive alliance' between Lib Dems and Labour where, as we have seen, there has already been an implicit pact in by-elections.

• Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,522

I believe somebody called Andrew has just joined as well, following a falling out with his mother.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Okay. 🙂. You are the big winner from a change what looks inevitable now as you 99% sure to get Rishi as leader and whole new properly functioning government. As I’m lidbdem we would definitely do better from Boris staying till general election, but I just feel so sorry for bereaved families upset by Boris still there, so soon as possible go to Rishi now please.

So what is that timeline?

Political journo’s say Gray hoping to be ready end of next week. Police cannot now stop that, but could further revelations to investigate slow it down a bit?
    If next Thursday or Friday published as government promise, many letters are waiting on hearing that, it could be Vonc as early as following week?
    If Boris loses, leadership contest part one, MP hustings and votes has been about two weeks in the last few?
    What happens to Boris, does in stay in the building? Or if he chooses to flounce off and there’s a temp, do all next PM next Tory leader gets die with a Temp?
    And the member hustings and ballot is what, at least 8 weeks? So that’s April at earliest? If it goes to member ballot.

So Rishi bounce just in time for May polls?
    No - we both share the spoils if he goes in the next few weeks

I hope he realises it is over and he resigns but allows the party to elect his successor first

If he resigns and goes immediately Raab would be expected to act as interim PM, but I would prefer Theresa May took on the temporary position

It he refuses, then the letters must be delivered and he faces a vonc which I expect in those circumstances he would lose or maybe not even contest it

The conservative mps are, as we write this, lining up candidates to put forward to the membership which of course has to be a maximum of 2, unless there is a coronation

There is uncertainty but I am more convinced then ever your original timeline of a few weeks will prove correct
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

We’re on to you. All part of your plan to become democratically elected dictator of the UK?
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,050

Scott_xP said:

My guess is that the police saw no upside. Get involved and effectively stretch out/blur the issue, and potentially start yet another political fight of police vs politicians.

Everyone who went to Oxford between the late 80s and the early 2000s thinks that the police are completely corrupt and useless already... Why *really* make enemies of the next cabinet. Half of whom....
    Are the police in Oxford especially bad? That Morse chap was pretty good wasn't he?
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Carnyx said:

Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

That would be whiskey, and it's The McGillicuddy. Omit that and it sounds really silly.
    It was actually whisky, and the name was silly - on that par. But you're right that that particular one is an Ulaidh name. On reflection maybe it was Glen Strathdale, something concocted like a Laurel Drive in Basingstoke.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

HYUFD said:

I know several Tory Brexiteers who said I was absolutely right to vote Lib Dem in 2017 and 2019 because it was a Lib Dem/Labour marginal given who the Labour candidate and Labour leader were.

Even Liz Truss has now said she backs the monarchy "And I began to understand more about why Britain is successful and part of our success is the constitutional monarchy that supports a free democracy."
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1534760/Liz-Truss-BBC-Republican-Monarchy-Queen-Nick-Robinson-VN
    Liz has atoned of her republican sins and drawn back towards the true Tory doctrine, repentance is fine, not continuing to push the sin.
  • Options

IanB2 said:

Taz said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Certainly not the SNP

I think I am getting hang of this now.

After the Malmesbury Monoliths appear and pass through the posts like animals marching through tellytubby land, we all get drunk and await the arrival of Leon. Particularly on Thursdays.

My goodness he has a lot to Pontificate on tonight. I think he will start on Labour MPs taking half a million pounds from Chinese spy’s.
    Surely they are aliens masquerading as Chinese?
  • Options
    RobD said:

We’re on to you. All part of your plan to become democratically elected dictator of the UK?
    My first priority, to ensure France honours the Treaty of Troyes.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

With the fan belt just about to go, and needing the lifting of the whole engine from the tank to be replaced.
    Overheating so much you can see the pistons move. Inside the engine block....
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961

RobD said:

Maybe I should sign up after all….
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

And how many of them would vote for Truss under whom the Tories poll even worse than`Boris in hypothetical polls? Still fewer than 50% of 2019 Tory voters want Boris to go in the latest polls and even fewer amongst those still voting Tory
    You are a lost cause
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Chris said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Apparently A400Ms are doing circuits and bumps in Glasgow...
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Carnyx said:

Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

It sounds silly unless you get it right. 😐
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

What was her name?
    True dat.

Mind you, she drank the bottle of JD.

I drank a bottle of Moskovaskaya Crystal....
  • Options
    edited January 2022

HYUFD said:

She is silly, vain, frivolous. Fizz with liz happens at that creepy sounding club where she took the US trade delegation, and you can bet she gets a very good price on FwL on the back of that. She is Boris Johnson in a skirt, and sadly for her there's not just the one former female PM for people to compare her to.

But if the Sybian OS runs on your hardware...
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Are the police in Oxford especially bad? That Morse chap was pretty good wasn't he?
    Maybe not Oxford specifically, but the same force was not well thought of even before that: I remember Thames Valley Police's idea of good PR was to invite Roger Graef to do a fly on the wall TV doc in the early 1980s. The result was catastrophic for their reputation, abvoe all their handling of a rape complainant.

http://www.screenonline.org.uk/tv/id/464502/index.html
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,283
    edited January 2022
    IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

She is silly, vain, frivolous. Fizz with liz happens at that creepy sounding club where she took the US trade delegation, and you can bet she gets a very good price on FwL on the back of that. She is Boris Johnson in a skirt, and sadly for her there's not just the one former female PM for people to compare her to.

But if the Sybian OS runs on your hardware...
    My first choice for next Tory leader is Jeremy Hunt, followed Truss, then Sunak (purely because he is my biggest winner.)

So long as the bellend wing doesn't win I consider my work done.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Their membership increases to roughly 0.007387001 % of the population.

Revolution happening Real Soon Now...
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Even Liz Truss has now said she backs the monarchy "And I began to understand more about why Britain is successful and part of our success is the constitutional monarchy that supports a free democracy."
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1534760/Liz-Truss-BBC-Republican-Monarchy-Queen-Nick-Robinson-VN
    Liz has atoned of her republican sins and drawn back towards the true Tory doctrine, repentance is fine, not continuing to push the sin.
    So you’re already tacking toward the way the wind is blowing?
  • Options
    RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Posts: 1,155
    edited January 2022

HYUFD said:

In case anybody was interested in whatever has become of the former Honourable Member for Sheffield Hallam....

"On 19 August 2021, the Crown Prosecution Service announced that O'Mara had been charged with seven counts of fraud by false representation. On 24 September 2021, O'Mara pleaded not guilty to seven counts of fraud by false representation and an additional charge under the Proceeds of Crime Act."

If the Lib Dems couldn't take Hallam off Labour in 2019 after O'Mara inflicted on the people living there, then I don't think Labour will have any trouble holding it at the next election.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

Foreskin? lol. This is the extent of the silly little mans "wit". I don't need to kick him really he does such a good job of it himself.😂😂😂😂😂😂
    I heard a cheap circumcision is known as a hatchet job.

Can we really do jokes like that on here?
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Carnyx said:

HYUFD said:

It is the more formal version
    Ah bit like my school, it was horrendously formal, our gym was known as James.
    Presumably your parents were not sent your fees in the form of a bill, but a William?
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Maybe I should sign up after all….
    I would appoint you Viceroy of France.
  • Options

RobD said:

That would spoil the most perfect insult in history. 1066 they invade our country and steal it. 1945 we invade theirs and give it back to them because we have no use for it.

Revenge, best served cold.
  • Options
    StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    IshmaelZ said:

Carnyx said:

Farooq said:

IanB2 said:

Dr McGillicuddy’s Intense Mentholmint Liqueur?

How much did you consume Carnyx?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Did Eagles intend that as a double entendres, or is he genuinely booked on a husting?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

In case anybody was interested in whatever has become of the former Right Honourable Member for Sheffield Hallam....

"On 19 August 2021, the Crown Prosecution Service announced that O'Mara had been charged with seven counts of fraud by false representation. On 24 September 2021, O'Mara pleaded not guilty to seven counts of fraud by false representation and an additional charge under the Proceeds of Crime Act."

If the Lib Dems couldn't take it off Labour in 2019 after having O'Mara as their MP, then I don't think Labour will have any trouble holding it at the next election.
    Hon, not rt hon.
This discussion has been closed.