Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Johnson exit betting now has 2022 as a 61% chance – politicalbetting.com

124»

Comments

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,793

DougSeal said:

Henry Zeffman
    @hzeffman
    EXCLUSIVE Times/YouGov poll gives Labour their biggest lead since Dec 2013

Lab 38 (+1)
    Con 28 (-5)
    LDem 13 (+3)
    Green 7 (+1)
    RefUK 4 (-1)

Boris fan please explain
    Are there any (other than HY) ?
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,306

"Rory Kinnear: On the day of No 10’s lockdown party, I buried my sister"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/12/rory-kinnear-no-10-lockdown-party-buried-sister

These 'on the day ofs' are getting a bit spoofable now. It's like partygate top trumps.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    There’s a good chance some of that Green vote will go Labour where it matters in a GE. Not sure the Refuck vote will go Tory where it matters.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,940

There’s a good chance some of that Green vote will go Labour where it matters in a GE. Not sure the Refuck vote will go Tory where it matters.

When Boris ends restrictions much of that RefUK and DK vote will go Tory again
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,043

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/12/rory-kinnear-no-10-lockdown-party-buried-sister

These 'on the day ofs' are getting a bit spoofable now. It's like partygate top trumps.
    That one certainly isn't.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

The consensus on the various news channels seems to be that Johnson will be the human shield for the Tories' anticipated poor local election results in May, and therefore won't be forced out before then.

Time to recover for Boris by then, restrictions will have ended so he can win back voters who have gone RefUK or DK since Plan B (RefUK still on 4% tonight for example). Plus if the Tories hold a few token councils like Westminster and Kensington and Chelsea he can point to that as most of England does not vote in May although all of London does
    The longer he remains in office the more he damages your party (which suits me). If Johnson wasn't only all about Johnson he would already have fallen on his sword.

If Johnson goes, the next leader assuming it is someone half sensible gets an immediate 5 point poll lead. Then normal politics resumes and it is nip and tuck to the next GE, with hung Parliament or small Tory majority as decent shouts.

If your boy survives he takes the party and the country down with him. If he were to win that GE he will have promised something very regretful so to do.
    No new leader would suddenly get a poll lead. Truss and Gove trailed Starmer Labour by more than the 10% Boris trails with tonight with Opinium last month and even Sunak still trailed if leader, even if it was closer
    They will get a honeymoon bounce because people like Sunak, Hunt or Mordaunt exude confidence and the perception of competence. Truss, Raab or Patel perhaps not so much.
    Even if they do so did Brown and May
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    HYUFD said:

When Boris ends restrictions much of that RefUK and DK vote will go Tory again
    You reckon?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

The consensus on the various news channels seems to be that Johnson will be the human shield for the Tories' anticipated poor local election results in May, and therefore won't be forced out before then.

Time to recover for Boris by then, restrictions will have ended so he can win back voters who have gone RefUK or DK since Plan B (RefUK still on 4% tonight for example). Plus if the Tories hold a few token councils like Westminster and Kensington and Chelsea he can point to that as most of England does not vote in May although all of London does
    The longer he remains in office the more he damages your party (which suits me). If Johnson wasn't only all about Johnson he would already have fallen on his sword.

If Johnson goes, the next leader assuming it is someone half sensible gets an immediate 5 point poll lead. Then normal politics resumes and it is nip and tuck to the next GE, with hung Parliament or small Tory majority as decent shouts.

If your boy survives he takes the party and the country down with him. If he were to win that GE he will have promised something very regretful so to do.
    Can still remember how my rock-ribbed GOP grandfather used to curse "Herbert Goddamn Hoover" for tanking the Republicans and handing the government to FDR.

Wonder if HYUFD will wind up muttering to HIS grandchildren in similar fashion about "Bloody Boris Johnson"?

No, blame Cummings the Tories were only 3% behind until his leak. He will drag the whole party down with him not just Boris but in opposition of course the party would likely go further populist right, not to Cummings' liking
  • Options

BBC Newsnight
    @BBCNewsnight
    "From the conversations I've had from people inside government... the gatherings we know about aren't the only ones."

Mirror political editor
    @PippaCrerar
    says she keeps getting told about other "other allegations" which she's investigating

More doesn't matter.

Everyone thinks that the Downing Street gang are a bunch of posh thickos (or thick poshos) who ignore regulations even when its in their own best interests to follow them.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,217
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Can still remember how my rock-ribbed GOP grandfather used to curse "Herbert Goddamn Hoover" for tanking the Republicans and handing the government to FDR.

Wonder if HYUFD will wind up muttering to HIS grandchildren in similar fashion about "Bloody Boris Johnson"?

No, blame Cummings the Tories were only 3% behind until his leak. He will drag the whole party down with him not just Boris but in opposition of course the party would likely go further populist right, not to Cummings' liking
    One wonders who ever was foolish enough to give him a job on the first place. Maybe that’s the person to get rid of?
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

No new leader would suddenly get a poll lead. Truss and Gove trailed Starmer Labour by more than the 10% Boris trails with tonight with Opinium last month and even Sunak still trailed if leader, even if it was closer
    They will get a honeymoon bounce because people like Sunak, Hunt or Mordaunt exude confidence and the perception of competence. Truss, Raab or Patel perhaps not so much.
    Even if they do so did Brown and May
    May was 24 points ahead in the polls. She was the architect of her own electoral failure.

If Johnson takes the Tories into the next election and has any chance of winning he will have sold his soul to the devil with an off-the-wall extreme right wing populism manifesto.

He needs to go now for that not to happen. I can survive another 5 years of Sunak or Hunt after 2024, but not Boris's nuclear option, which might well be a nuclear option.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    Leon said:

Good night PB

Fresh flints to knap, tomorrow. A new project beckons

Sleep well

Me too 🥱. Good night PB I haven’t any knapping to do tomorrow but determined to paint.

What a strange day it’s been in politics. Sort of raw and strained, with air of excited expectancy.

Sky news showing how Boris cabal in cabinet looked visibly anxious and sweaty on front bench as they have lost control of this and fear letters going in. And why not, it means a whole new government under Rishi. new cabinet, different orders and policy directions. This government on life support this evening on a machine that goes beep And that’s the lingering memory.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

dixiedean said:

HYUFD said:

eek said:

eek said:

Leon said:

DougSeal said:

Henry Zeffman
    @hzeffman
    EXCLUSIVE Times/YouGov poll gives Labour their biggest lead since Dec 2013

Lab 38 (+1)
    Con 28 (-5)
    LDem 13 (+3)
    Green 7 (+1)
    RefUK 4 (-1)

I hear the bell tolling for Boris
    Lab 327 seats
    Con 220
    Lib 19
    SNP 59
    Green 1

Yes that is a Labour Majority.
    I did say a while ago a Labour majority was possible and was laughed at for it.
    That's only possible on current seats, not the new boundaries

on the new boundaries it's Lab 313 and Tories 234.
    So after all that Sir Keir STILL cannot even get a majority on the new boundaries even after the avalanche of attacks Boris has faced this week
    You are being very naive.

If the Conservatives tumble to 28% all sorts of permutations will be thrown up. There will not be a uniform swing. The LDs will be doing significantly better in terms of seats because in Southern England the Conservatives will get absolutely tonked! LDs in the North will also be voting Labour to rid themselves of Blue Meanies
    Yes. I was pointing out the disconnect about the 1997 election yesterday.
    Labour seriously under performed their polling, while the Tories hit theirs. Yet everybody was astonished by the result. 179 majority was way beyond expectations.
    That was tactical voting that was. Kick the Tories was out was the theme. Folk didn't really care who beat them.
    Blair Labour was still polling well over 40% though pre 1997 and got well over 40%, Starmer Labour still is yet to hit 40%
    Nonetheless, here's that 10-point lead which you predicted would lead to Johnson's removal?
    Over 10 point lead I said consistently could lead to his removal, one 10 point lead and Labour still under 40% and I think Boris could still scrape home in a VONC for now
    Utter rubbish - it's over
  • Options
    swing_voterswing_voter Posts: 1,435

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

There has to be stuff for Cummings to leak.

Do you not see that having a party in May 2020 and leaving an email trail was political idiocy ?

And why were they already behind in the polls ?

The political idiocy of the Paterson saga.

How much political idiocy are you willing to accept ?
    BJ in May 2020 thought he was invincible - he'd survived a bad brush with COVID, Labour was in a real hole and he was master of all he surveyed, even in Scotland the Tory brand was looking a little brighter, he and his acolytes thought they could get away with anything- he is master of his downfall (if it happens)...
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

One of Herbert Hoover's most notable characteristics as President, was blaming everyone EXCEPT himself - including his own appointees - for his serial shortcomings, errors, disasters, etc., etc.

Sound familiar?
  • Options
    Leon said:

Good night PB

Sleep well

Due to having fessed up to suffering from excessive boredom during Lockdown, PB's resident flint-knapper @Leon was commissioned by CCHQ to knap the perfect sculpture of Boris Johnson! Finally able to take a break from knapping strangely shaped sex-toys, he accepted the work in a heartbeat, and got to sculpting the same day. Arduous work, but he felt that, over the course of several weeks of almost continuous knapping, that he got it almost completely spot on with just a little bit more required.

However, @Leon had found that he had knapped so meticulously that his hands were thoroughly knackered and sore. He wondered about taking some time off in order to finish off his masterpiece at a later date. Boris's office phoned him back reasonably promptly, but to @Leon's horror, he was told in no uncertain terms that he would lose his fee if he stopped work!

"Why?" asked @Leon on the phone incredulously.

"Simple!" Boris's underling replied. "You're not entitled to any..." He paused for effect. "...Statue-Tory Sick Pay!"

I thank you!
  • Options

Leon said:

I wonder what Boris would have to do for HYUFD to lose his support.

Call Indyref2 and call the Queen a thick German housewife.
    I am not ruling out Boris having said the second.
    It is common knowledge that Boris Johnson thinks Prince Andrew is thick as pigshit after attending a few events with him.
    Doesn't every body think that?
    I think he was also mystified that Andrew is the Queen's favourite child.
    I've never met Prince Andrew, but I know multiple people that have met him, sitting next to him at lunches, dinners etc

The UNIVERSAL impression is of a boring, thick, entitled snob - and quite insufferable company. I have met other royals, and I know people that know other royals, and this is NOT true of Andrew's relatives. They get mixed reviews, often pitying, or curious, or admiring, and never this 100% UGH OMFG

He must be quite exceptionally unpleasant

I'm watching Starz' The White Queen at the moment (quite a good bit of historical drama, based on the Wars of the Roses). The Yorks and Lanacasters would have known *what to do* in this situation. Pretty ruthless
    I too know somebody who has dealt with all the major royals, and their preferences are

1) The Duke of Edinburgh, utterly without airs or graces, lovely chap to talk to

2) The Queen, puts people at ease

3) The Wessexes, really nice couple

4) Harry/William - Two young nice chaps

5) Princess Anne a bit arsey but a bit like a Northern battleaxe

6) Prince Charles - Ludicrous requests (sandwiches have to be but diagonally, has to have a certain brand of toilet paper, nobody must you the dedicated Charles toilet seven days beforehand) but once he arrives he's ok

7) Prince Andrew - Utter turd
    What's wrong with this?
    It's a very expensive brand of toilet paper where you have to give 3 months notice to get your order.

Weren't they all post- Brexit?
  • Options

BBC Newsnight
    @BBCNewsnight
    "From the conversations I've had from people inside government... the gatherings we know about aren't the only ones."

Mirror political editor
    @PippaCrerar
    says she keeps getting told about other "other allegations" which she's investigating

More doesn't matter.

Everyone thinks that the Downing Street gang are a bunch of posh thickos (or thick poshos) who ignore regulations even when its in their own best interests to follow them.
    Everyone but @HYUFD
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

One of Herbert Hoover's most notable characteristics as President, was blaming everyone EXCEPT himself - including his own appointees - for his serial shortcomings, errors, disasters, etc., etc.
    Hoover sucked.
  • Options
    What would have happened if all 100 people invited to the party had turned up ?

I'm curious as to the logistics and visibility here.

How many people work in Downing Street ? Wouldn't 100 people arriving with drinks be noticed by the media ? How busy was Westminster in May 2020 ?
  • Options

What would have happened if all 100 people invited to the party had turned up ?

I'm curious as to the logistics and visibility here.

How many people work in Downing Street ? Wouldn't 100 people arriving with drinks be noticed by the media ? How busy was Westminster in May 2020 ?

"Work event" please.
  • Options

Leon said:

Good night PB

Sleep well

Due to having fessed up to suffering from excessive boredom during Lockdown, PB's resident flint-knapper @Leon was commissioned by CCHQ to knap the perfect sculpture of Boris Johnson! Finally able to take a break from knapping strangely shaped sex-toys, he accepted the work in a heartbeat, and got to sculpting the same day. Arduous work, but he felt that, over the course of several weeks of almost continuous knapping, that he got it almost completely spot on with just a little bit more required.

However, @Leon had found that he had knapped so meticulously that his hands were thoroughly knackered and sore. He wondered about taking some time off in order to finish off his masterpiece at a later date. Boris's office phoned him back reasonably promptly, but to @Leon's horror, he was told in no uncertain terms that he would lose his fee if he stopped work!

"Why?" asked @Leon on the phone incredulously.

"Simple!" Boris's underling replied. "You're not entitled to any..." He paused for effect. "...Statue-Tory Sick Pay!"

I thank you!
    WHY is their no "groan" button?
  • Options
    edited January 2022

In another universe where Boris wasn't having loads of "work meetings", he could be getting credit for again fast booster roll out and sticking with Plan B looks like has been the right call and England will be past Omicron before the rest of Europe with minimum deaths.

This is the amusingly ironic thing.

Boris made some clear mistakes during covid but is being brought down by another person's idiocy.

"Another person's idiocy"? Who is this mysterious" other person" (called Reynolds) of whom you speak?

Sorry, this house of sand was built by Johnson himself.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,448
    Cyclefree said:

For @SeaShantyIrish

Here are Andrew's advisors.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prince-andrew-good-news-gary-pricey-aides-ghislaine-maxwell-0n39pdspd

Never heard of the US lawyer. Clare Montgomery QC is good but I doubt she has been involved in the recent work. The rest are gruesome and unknown. They should be sacked and decisions made about the case made by anyone other than Andrew who appears to have no brain cells at all.

What I can't understand is why the Queen doesn't help Andrew get better advisors. Or hasn't helped to do so in the past.
  • Options
    DumbosaurusDumbosaurus Posts: 143
    edited January 2022
    There's some smart people here including some doctors so I may as well ask. Got some awful throat pain from 'vid, especially when swallowing. What's best way of dealing with it?

So far have gone for the Hunter S. Thompson approach of take everything and see what sticks. I thought at one point after waking up at 3am last night in agony that painkillers were sufficient but doesn't seem that way.

Tried so far:

Benzocaine
    Buprenorphine
    Chocolate
    Guaifensin
    Honey
    Ibuprofen
    Strepsils (active ingredient: hexylresorcinol)
    Tap water (with and without ribena substitute)
    Whisky

Any other suggestions?

(I'm triple vaxxed btw. Gawd knows what this would be like if unvaxxed)
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Disgruntled ex-employees can only cause trouble to the extent that the ex-employer gives them the ammunition. And Johnson gives and gives, doesn't he?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Do you not see that having a party in May 2020 and leaving an email trail was political idiocy ?

BJ in May 2020 thought he was invincible - he'd survived a bad brush with COVID, Labour was in a real hole and he was master of all he surveyed, even in Scotland the Tory brand was looking a little brighter, he and his acolytes thought they could get away with anything- he is master of his downfall (if it happens)...
    I think you're underestimating the stupidity of those involved.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,153
    edited January 2022

Cyclefree said:

For @SeaShantyIrish

Here are Andrew's advisors.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prince-andrew-good-news-gary-pricey-aides-ghislaine-maxwell-0n39pdspd

Never heard of the US lawyer. Clare Montgomery QC is good but I doubt she has been involved in the recent work. The rest are gruesome and unknown. They should be sacked and decisions made about the case made by anyone other than Andrew who appears to have no brain cells at all.

Don't have Times subscription so cannot access the story.

Based on intensive research (that is, minute of googling) learned that Andy's chief US counsel is " top Hollywood lawyer Andrew Brettler, known for previously representing several high-profile celebrities accused of sexual assault."

https://inews.co.uk/news/prince-andrew-lawyer-andrew-brettler-clients-armie-hammer-bryan-singer-sex-charges-1198013

So notion that his US legal team is ipso facto crapo appears dubious. Like I said before, they are working without a net.

And trying to defend the indefensible. NOT impossible, but hardly a snap, leastways in a court of law.

Their tactics seem to me appalling and I cannot see any strategy at all. There are no good outcomes from here. The combination of dreadful client and incoherent advice is disastrous. Time for a change.

Good night.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,940
    edited January 2022

There's some smart people here including some doctors so I may as well ask. Got some awful throat pain from 'vid, especially when swallowing. What's best way of dealing with it?

So far have gone for the Hunter S. Thompson approach of take everything and see what sticks. I thought at one point after waking up at 3am last night in agony that painkillers were sufficient but doesn't seem that way.

Tried so far:

Benzocaine
    Buprenorphine
    Chocolate
    Guaifensin
    Honey
    Ibuprofen
    Whisky

Any other suggestions?

That isn't a like for your pain. Best of British to you.
    It's a like for pointing out this isn't pleasant at all. It's far from a mild cold for some. Even if triple vaxxed. That's easily forgotten.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,238
    edited January 2022

You are right. Though at PMQs they are used to ensure Boris gives a serious-ish answer because he cannot rant or make light of a constituent's suffering.

But in a way they do explain Boris's problem. During lockdown, many, perhaps most, people will know. or at least know of, someone who died or had to postpone a wedding or could not visit a hospital or care home. For an awful lot of voters, this is personal.
  • Options

In another universe where Boris wasn't having loads of "work meetings", he could be getting credit for again fast booster roll out and sticking with Plan B looks like has been the right call and England will be past Omicron before the rest of Europe with minimum deaths.

Boris made some clear mistakes during covid but is being brought down by another person's idiocy.

"Another person's idiocy"? Who is this mysterious" other person" (called Reynolds) of whom you speak?

It was Reynolds who sent the email to 100 people and used the phrase "bring your own booze".
  • Options

BBC Newsnight
    @BBCNewsnight

Mirror political editor
    @PippaCrerar

More doesn't matter.

Everyone but @HYUFD
    Thursday 13th Jan 2022

HAPPY 54TH HYUFD 😀

Surely one thing we can all agree, now it’s a VONC day next Tuesday, Club Boris are going to massively struggle to get all their verbal promises in a secret ballot? There not even that much verbal support reported out by the regional media!
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    US inflation has reached 7%, the highest since June 1982, the month Prince Andrew was flying helicopters in the Falklands.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,940

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Yeah. Has occurred. Instead of the PM writing a shit book about Shakespeare, the Bard could have penned a beauty about him.
    Exit. Pursued by Peppa Pig.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Hoover sucked.
    Hoover was way better when he was NOT president. For example, during and just after WWI when he lead effort to feed millions across Europe from Belgium to Russia.
  • Options

It was Reynolds who sent the email to 100 people and used the phrase "bring your own booze".
    Indeed it was. "Bring a bottle" would have been far less contentious.

Are you suggesting Reynolds went rogue and Johnson even though he attended the "work event" had no idea what was going on? If you are, once again, I have a £63m invisible Garden Bridge to sell you.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,903
    edited January 2022

Tried so far:

Benzocaine
    Buprenorphine
    Chocolate
    Guaifensin
    Honey
    Ibuprofen
    Whisky

Any other suggestions?

Are you sure it’s (only) covid - it sounds like bad dose of tonsillitis to me. I had a nasty bout of it about 20 years ago, so bad I couldn’t sleep. The only thing that helped was those throat sprays where you direct the anaesthetic straight to the tonsil.

Good luck - sounds awful.
  • Options
    "How the Government abused nudge theory
    Did my former team sanction state propaganda?
    BY SIMON RUDA"

https://unherd.com/2022/01/how-the-government-abused-nudge-theory/
  • Options

BBC Newsnight
    @BBCNewsnight

Mirror political editor
    @PippaCrerar

More doesn't matter.

Everyone but @HYUFD
    Thursday 13th Jan 2022

HAPPY 54TH HYUFD 😀

Surely one thing we can all agree, now it’s a VONC day next Tuesday, Club Boris are going to massively struggle to get all their verbal promises in a secret ballot? There not even that much verbal support reported out by the regional media!
    🤦‍♀️ gah I wasn’t going to post that one for another 10 hours!

How do we delete it it looks stupid
  • Options

Are you suggesting Reynolds went rogue and Johnson even though he attended the "work event" had no idea what was going on? If you are, once again, I have a £63m invisible Garden Bridge to sell you.
    I really don't know.

I'm sure Boris knew it was a party but how much he was aware of and involved in its organisation I have doubts about.

As to Reynolds anyone stupid enough to send out that email is stupid enough to have the idea of the party in the first place.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

Yeah. Has occurred. Instead of the PM writing a shit book about Shakespeare, the Bard could have penned a beauty about him.
    "Peppa! Wilst thou follow me, my pretty piggy?
    And together, with legions of loyal little piglets,
    Rallied by our faithful HYFUD - and Philip too -
    Emailing, txting, commenting, crying halloo!
    Dyeing ourselves True Blue, snorting at the trough
    We shall root hog or die, rising up to retain
    Our magic Garden of Downing Street delights!"
  • Options

dixiedean said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Andy_JS said:

"Peppa! Wilst thou follow me, my pretty piggy?
    And together, with legions of loyal little piglets,
    Rallied by our faithful HYFUD - and Philip too -
    Emailing, txting, commenting, crying halloo!
    Dyeing ourselves True Blue, snorting at the trough
    We shall root hog or die, rising up to retain
    Our magic Garden of Downing Street delights!"
    This most Sceptred Aisle,
    This Royal throne of strings n things.
    In evening ray of May, glistening ho -
    Is this a cheese knife I see before me?
    I clam doth fane propose a raise,
    My erstwhile companions, Pretzel and Quavers,
    Before I wane and wither this day,
    I shall see my squirrelled wench
    Filled with finest murd!
  • Options

Fpt

Leon said:

ydoethur said:

Scott_xP said:

NEW. @BorisJohnson satisfaction scores in GB 🇬🇧 now half those of @EmmanuelMacron in France 🇫🇷
    https://twitter.com/benatipsos/status/1481362162211860480

He's doing worse than a French President, that truly is a national embarrassment, Boris Johnson needs to go now.
    Worse than that, he's doing worse than the worst ever French President.

Not forgetting the one that fell out of a train while drunk, the one who turned up at a formal dinner with all his medals on but nothing else at all and the one who died of a heart attack while being fellated.
    I would have thought "dying of a heart attack while being fellated AND BEING FRENCH PRESIDENT" would make him a French national hero

He's certainly in my top ten politicians of all time, and I've only just heard of him
    I'm surprised that there was no love shown on here for Paris Police 1900 recently on BBC4 which starts with the act of death by BJ and goes on to all sorts of fin de siècle debauchery. I loved it.
    It was excellent - I mentioned it at the fag-end of the previous thread. Looking forward to series 2.
    What is Death by Boris Johnson?

Soz. Got it now. Blow Job. 🤦‍♀️ I live in a different world than you guys. Apart from the alcoholism
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

I really don't know.

I'm sure Boris knew it was a party but how much he was aware of and involved in its organisation I have doubts about.

As to Reynolds anyone stupid enough to send out that email is stupid enough to have the idea of the party in the first place.
    It was his idea. He told Reynolds to send the email. Guaranteed.
  • Options

Tried so far:

Benzocaine
    Buprenorphine
    Chocolate
    Guaifensin
    Honey
    Ibuprofen
    Whisky

Any other suggestions?

Are you sure it’s (only) covid - it sounds like bad dose of tonsillitis to me. I had a nasty bout of it about 20 years ago, so bad I couldn’t sleep. The only thing that helped was those throat sprays where you direct the anaesthetic straight to the tonsil.

@Dumbosaurus -- try Chloraseptic (which is "one of those throat sprays....") available from pharmacies and big supermarkets. It should work immediately. Consider asking the pharmacist what else is available or seeing your GP if your GP is seeing anyone. How you do any of this while rona-ridden is left as an exercise for the reader.

Now back to the newer thread.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,560
    edited January 2022

Tried so far:

Benzocaine
    Buprenorphine
    Chocolate
    Guaifensin
    Honey
    Ibuprofen
    Whisky

Any other suggestions?

Didn't Mr Cyclefree have a bad bout of something similar back in Dec? Seem to remember it took quite a lot of medical consultation to get sorted.

Best advice surely is go and badger your GP.

Hope things improve for you soon @Dumbosaurus
This discussion has been closed.