Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

This May 2020 pic from Number 10 will add to the pressure on BJ – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,190
    ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

Wine, cheese, partners and kids is not a work meeting, it’s a party.

As Chris Mason said last week, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc, etc...

It was a fecking party and they are banged to rights.

Meanwhile Cressida hides behind her desk, trying to avoid anyone asking her to actually look into some crime.

:angry:
    I said on the last thread that my family held a clandestine joint birthday party on 2 May, 2020. Do you think it would be a good use of police time for them to investigate that?
    Perhaps, just to be on the safe side, it isn't a terribly smart idea to boast about having got away with it?
    I’ll tell you what, I’ll PM you the details and you can inform Surrey Police.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

There will be more photos.

You may be hoping for that, but that doesn't make it so.
    Well you said that last time. There will be more
    No, I did not say that last time. What I was interested in then was any evidence of supposed hints dropped by the Mirror's editor that there would be more photos. None was forthcoming.
    This photo just shows people at their place of work taking a break in the garden chatting but social distancing, it's not a party. For Rayner to call the picture heartbreaking is absurd
    Wish I could have taken a "break" from my work at the time, with colleagues and bottles of wine...
    Given how much home working was going on, I bet that was a regular occurrence for many at the time.
    I certainly often finished Friday with a gin and tonic before logging off.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Meanwhile Starmer was drinking with Labour workers indoors
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14826418/keir-starmer-beer-indoor-gathering/

Killer point.

before you edited, this said

Meanwhile Starmer was drinking with Labour workers indoors at the same time

but then you realised that May 2020 and May 2021 don't really count as "at the same time." The dedit doesn't save you, though, because "Meanwhile" still means "at the same time."

Have a break.
    How about meanwhile Starmer was having a drink with Labour Party workers some of whom he has subsequently made redundant due to running out of money!!
    What about whataboutery, in other words? And why can't Labour be on the Randox payroll like everyone else is?
    They would be if they could
  • Options

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

No, I did not say that last time. What I was interested in then was any evidence of supposed hints dropped by the Mirror's editor that there would be more photos. None was forthcoming.
    This photo just shows people at their place of work taking a break in the garden chatting but social distancing, it's not a party. For Rayner to call the picture heartbreaking is absurd
    Wish I could have taken a "break" from my work at the time, with colleagues and bottles of wine...
    All canteens on building sites were shut at the time so people sat outside and ate their lunch and chatted. What is the difference ?
    Did the lads on the site often chug wine at lunch time like?
    Naw, but they did like to nibble on a bit of brie so as to keep their energy up for the afternoon shift.

Cheese is an excellent source of calories.
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

All canteens on building sites were shut at the time so people sat outside and ate their lunch and chatted. What is the difference ?
    They didn’t take their wives and partners with them. Or drink wine. Or restrict their “lunch” to a cheese board. Those are the main differences. Others may be able to add some
    The regulations had nothing to say on the presence of alcohol. Alcohol is prohibited on building sites for health and safety reasons. Not necessarily in an office, if the employer allows it. Cheese is a perfectly adequate lunch. Mrs Johnson lives on site and counts as a member of her husband's bubble, so there is no reason why she shouldn't join him for lunch.
    Great defence.

Don't operate heavy machinery after drinking but running a country while drunk is fine.

Also Carrie was in Johnson's bubble but I doubt the rest of the party were in her bubble as well.
  • Options
    Is this offence worse than Sturgeon not wearing a mask at the wake?
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,138

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

They didn’t take their wives and partners with them. Or drink wine. Or restrict their “lunch” to a cheese board. Those are the main differences. Others may be able to add some
    The regulations had nothing to say on the presence of alcohol. Alcohol is prohibited on building sites for health and safety reasons. Not necessarily in an office, if the employer allows it. Cheese is a perfectly adequate lunch. Mrs Johnson lives on site and counts as a member of her husband's bubble, so there is no reason why she shouldn't join him for lunch.
    Hang on. Where did this certainty it was a lunch come from? The shadows look a bit long for that.
  • Options
    JonathanD said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Great defence.

Don't operate heavy machinery after drinking but running a country while drunk is fine.

Also Carrie was in Johnson's bubble but I doubt the rest of the party were in her bubble as well.
    It doesn't matter, B&C count as one household.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    rcs1000 said:

Alistair said:

Lol, gone back over the last few days, there is basically zero correlation between the Gauteng letters and the figures in the NICD dashboard.

Flip desk emoji.

If, if there is a big fall in the numbers tomorrow on the dashboard then maybe there is a vague link.

Well, if the Gauteng Health Department tweet is right, then it's very good news. If the NICD dashboard is right, then it's not bad news.

Where are you seeing the data on the NICD page? I'd like to compare the numbers over time.
    You need the "DAILY HOSPITAL SURVEILLANCE (DATCOV) REPORT" sextion which i think this directly links too https://www.nicd.ac.za/diseases-a-z-index/disease-index-covid-19/surveillance-reports/daily-hospital-surveillance-datcov-report/

Then you can get some historical data using the Microsoft BI panel that will slowly load or you can expand the historical reports section below and download fuck loads of PDFs.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,232
    edited December 2021
    tlg86 said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

As Chris Mason said last week, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc, etc...

Meanwhile Cressida hides behind her desk, trying to avoid anyone asking her to actually look into some crime.

I said on the last thread that my family held a clandestine joint birthday party on 2 May, 2020. Do you think it would be a good use of police time for them to investigate that?
    Perhaps, just to be on the safe side, it isn't a terribly smart idea to boast about having got away with it?
    Why? If you want to incriminate yourself, why not just notify them direct?
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,951
    Today No 10 told @rowenamason @GuardianHeather @peterwalker99 “As we said last week, work meetings often take place in the Downing Street garden in the summer months. On this occasion there were staff meetings after a No 10 press conference."

A work meeting with wine and cheese.

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1472660578141356039
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Who has taken their wife?
    Looks like Carrie with baby at her breast seated by Boris.
    So the lady who lives at the property is sat in her garden socially distanced from everyone else, the staff are in the garden as they work there and are having a break. These people work in the office next to the garden together and have taken a break together. I really can't see any issues with this photo.
    That's because you are a dickhead, if that helps.

Cannot believe the wazzocks coming out of the woodwork in defence of BJ and Lady Suck Suck. It's over, lads.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Given how much home working was going on, I bet that was a regular occurrence for many at the time.
    Surely a tonic is how you be gin the week?
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,177
    Scott_xP said:

You seriously think that was a party and not people taking a break from their office which is next to the garden ?

So they got pissed and then went back to work?

I would have been sacked for that...
    But not for spending the working day on here slamming twitter links. They seem okay with that.
  • Options
    For the first time in ages refusing to watch SPOTY due to the stupid shortlist.

If Hamilton had been in final 6 would have been guaranteed a top 2. His exclusion means basically a landslide for the tennis woman whose name escapes me.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    Scott_xP said:

Today No 10 told @rowenamason @GuardianHeather @peterwalker99 “As we said last week, work meetings often take place in the Downing Street garden in the summer months. On this occasion there were staff meetings after a No 10 press conference."

They probably were discussing work, that's probably all they do.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

Because I don’t need to be told that no one, especially the police, gives a flying fuck about people breaking lockdown rules c.May 2020.
  • Options
    Sky predictably leads on the picture and to be honest it just has not got the same cut through

They do not lead on the important story that Rishi has doubled the money to the devolved administrations and will continue to work with them going forward
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

Because I don’t need to be told that no one, especially the police, gives a flying fuck about people breaking lockdown rules c.May 2020.
    In the past. Exactly.
  • Options

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

So the lady who lives at the property is sat in her garden socially distanced from everyone else, the staff are in the garden as they work there and are having a break. These people work in the office next to the garden together and have taken a break together. I really can't see any issues with this photo.
    That seems to be the official explanation as well
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,447
    Scott_xP said:

You seriously think that was a party and not people taking a break from their office which is next to the garden ?

So they got pissed and then went back to work?

I would have been sacked for that...
    Used to be the case within my career that going drinking at lunchtime at least one day a week was the norm. The 20s are rather more puritanical than the 90s were in that respect but I'd say it's far from unheard of.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

An ice pun, no matter how you slice it.
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,347
    IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Cannot believe the wazzocks coming out of the woodwork in defence of BJ and Lady Suck Suck. It's over, lads.
    You are so brave ! If that photo is considered a party then they really can't have many good ones
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

OldBasing said:

OldBasing said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

It was against the law at the time?
    To eat your lunch outside ?
    Can't see any 'lunch' in that picture. It was a party.
    It also looks like 3 distinct groups
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

But I doubt if you are going to prove it by telling them, and then finding that the real reason these things aren't being investigated is that Johnson has - ahem - influence over Dick.
  • Options

These photos are irrelevant now. The original story had 100% cut through so they achieve nothing. Everyone already knows Boris is a lying hypocritical oaf.

Exactly and this release may help him as it certainly is not a party as most would imagine
    Agreed Lab is in danger of overplaying their hand.
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Hang on. Where did this certainty it was a lunch come from? The shadows look a bit long for that.
    Cheese is a perfectly adequate meal at any time of day.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,629
    IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That's the Spirit!
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

You are so brave ! If that photo is considered a party then they really can't have many good ones
    Um, that's a line you have recycled from elsewhere without really understanding it. Party vs not-party is not an issue here.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
    Tanqueray much, appreciate it.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
    That's a Bloom-ing good pun.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Kids?
    Spads are getting younger and younger these days.
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,347
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Um, that's a line you have recycled from elsewhere without really understanding it. Party vs not-party is not an issue here.
    So people doing really long hours have taken a socially distanced break in the garden next to their office and that's a party. Look at the people stood up people are not close to each other, I really thought the photos would be 100 times worse than this
  • Options
    Tried to watch TTOI this evening. It just doesn't feel authentic any more...
  • Options

RobD said:

Kids?
    Spads are getting younger and younger these days.
    I thought that too, but then someone pointed out Carrie had their baby. Must have been one banging party. ;)
  • Options
    DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

And Downing Street is East - West. It is evening, no question.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

HYUFD said:

Meanwhile Starmer was drinking with Labour workers indoors
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14826418/keir-starmer-beer-indoor-gathering/

Killer point.

before you edited, this said

Meanwhile Starmer was drinking with Labour workers indoors at the same time

but then you realised that May 2020 and May 2021 don't really count as "at the same time." The dedit doesn't save you, though, because "Meanwhile" still means "at the same time."

Have a break.
    How about meanwhile Starmer was having a drink with Labour Party workers some of whom he has subsequently made redundant due to running out of money!!
    What about whataboutery, in other words? And why can't Labour be on the Randox payroll like everyone else is?
    Now now. It's absolutely clear that the real villain in this whole party story is Keir Starmer.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

So people doing really long hours have taken a socially distanced break in the garden next to their office and that's a party. Look at the people stood up people are not close to each other, I really thought the photos would be 100 times worse than this
    Way to miss the point. Again whether it was a party or not is ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
    That pun was totally unbeerable.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,629
    HYUFD said:

Boris meeting outside socially distanced with 2 civil servants and Carrie who is his bubble anyway. Total non story

Oh yes it is!

He's a goner.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Way to miss the point. Again whether it was a party or not is ENTIRELY IRRELEVANT.
    It was a work meeting then. Entirely allowable.
  • Options
    TimTTimT Posts: 6,328
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

ydoethur said:

tlg86 said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

That was a double down.
    That pun was totally unbeerable.
    That pun just lees me cold
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    Tbh, the newspaper revelations have been the wrong way around, the Allegra Stratton video should have been saved for after these lame pictures.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Boris meeting outside socially distanced with 2 civil servants and Carrie who is his bubble anyway. Total non story

Oh yes it is!

He's a goner.
    He’s one edgy Marina Hyde column away from being toast now.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,046
    Scott_xP said:

I thought you meant SPOTY.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,667
    MaxPB said:

Tbh, the newspaper revelations have been the wrong way around, the Allegra Stratton video should have been saved for after these lame pictures.

Drip, drip, drip...
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

There are more videos, apparently
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Then what is the point? The cheese? The wine? The time of day? The some-instances-of-less-than-two-metres? None of it seems particularly exercising.
    Or is the point that the government are about to place a whole bunch of totalitarian restrictions on its citizens on the basis of some dodgy modelling 'just in case'? Yes, I think that the point. But that requires journalists to do a tiny bit of thinking. So here's a picture of Boris eating some cheese.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

Drip, drip, drip...
    The problem is that it's gone from taps being fully open to a slow trickle now to a lame drip. It should be the other way around.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,280
    MaxPB said:

Whoever decided the order, they will have saved something meaty for last. So if it isn’t meaty, it isn’t last.
  • Options
    Variations on a theme:

It is kind of amazing that Piers Morgan isn't the worst Piers and Jeremy Corbyn isn't the worst Corbyn.

https://twitter.com/Samfr/status/1472609310362554372?s=20
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,204

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

It was a work meeting then. Entirely allowable.
    Is everything either a work meeting or a party these days?
  • Options
    Voting open in BBC Sports Personality of the Year, btw.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,204
    MaxPB said:

More Allegra to come, I gather.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886
    The most significant thing about the photo isn't the photo itself, it's the fact that someone took and released it.

If their biggest transgression during lockdown 1 was a bubbled unwind outside then they did very well indeed - so that raises the question of which photo will be released next.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

MaxPB said:

Whoever decided the order, they will have saved something meaty for last. So if it isn’t meaty, it isn’t last.
    I'm not sure that they've thought it through so far because you wouldn't open up with the video.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,280
    edited December 2021
    MaxPB said:

IanB2 said:

MaxPB said:

I'm not sure that they've thought it through so far because you wouldn't open up with the video.
    You might, if there was a key by-election going on.

Postal votes were being cast, and the LibDems needed time to fire up the printing press and deliver to a very rural area.

Had the clown held the seat, if might have been game over already.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited December 2021
    Scott_xP said:

That might fly if Mrs Johnson wasn't there....I don't take Mrs U to my work meetings.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

SPOTY is being inflicted on me by the in laws. It’s awful. He BBC at its worse. Smug, self congratulatory and full of its own importance. I detest everything about it.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Its very relevant.

"Wife and kids" being in the garden of where they live is entirely legal.

Employees being in the garden of where they work is entirely legal.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Using the fact that Carrie is there to suggest something wrong is disgraceful, a very "women shouldn't be seen or heard" attitude. She lives there, she's entitled to be in the garden.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,739
    DougSeal said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

They are. And if that is the north agrden wall the sun is in the west. = 6-ish.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Voting open in BBC Sports Personality of the Year, btw.

Tyson Fury has a personality. The rest are bland. Can’t say I care who wins. The sooner this crap,is finished the better.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

That might fly if Mrs Johnson wasn't there....I don't take Mrs U to my work meetings.
    Does Mrs U live in your office?
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Are your work meetings in your own garden of Mrs U's home?

Where is Mrs U when you have work meetings in your home garden?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

HYUFD said:

Oh yes it is!

He's a goner.
    Well, he was that anyway. This is just a few more drops of acid on his reputation and another day where the narrative continues. But that's not the interesting bit. The interesting bit consists of

1 Who?
    2 Why?
    3 Why now?
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,779
    A photo showing precisely what people should be doing. Ok, there are people closer than 2m, but really this is a Boris-helpful snap!
  • Options
    Taz said:

Scott_xP said:

SPOTY is being inflicted on me by the in laws. It’s awful. He BBC at its worse. Smug, self congratulatory and full of its own importance. I detest everything about it.
    When I was a kid, I loved Sports Review of The Year - as it was known then - but it’s now an awards show, which are always a bit nauseating.

That world award for Blackmore is a bit of a joke. Of course the Irish person won a vote limited to people in the UK.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Should she be there if it's a work meeting? Is she a member or employee of the government?
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,153
    Pippa got Peppa bang to rights?
    A peck of pickled Peppa Pippa picked.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Its very relevant.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel here. Using the fact that Carrie is there to suggest something wrong is disgraceful, a very "women shouldn't be seen or heard" attitude. She lives there, she's entitled to be in the garden.
    Scraping yourself. If she is there it's not a work meeting but a social occasion. Ergo ...
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

IanB2 said:

MaxPB said:

Surely several sources, and multiple channels competing to 'scoop' each other. It would be wrong to assume there is an overall 'plan'.

The net effect on Johnson's Premiership remains terminal though imo.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Scott_xP said:

Yes, until recently it was actually and no Mrs U doesn't join us when we are working.

In normal times, I doubt anybody would blink even if Carrie was there, but you can't go on the telly and tell everybody there are these super strict rules, then have do this.

If it was literally just the #10 team on some tables eating a pizza and perhaps a glass of wine, there initial claims would probably just about fly. Now you have family members there.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Its very relevant.

Scraping yourself. If she is there it's not a work meeting but a social occasion. Ergo ...
    She lives there. She's entirely entitled to be where she lives while a work meeting is happening.

Have you ever had a work meeting in your house. Did you tell your wife she had to f**k off elsewhere while you did?
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

How many work meetings with wine and cheese did you have in your garden during lockdown?
  • Options

MaxPB said:

IanB2 said:

MaxPB said:

Surely several sources, and multiple channels competing to 'scoop' each other. It would be wrong to assume there is an overall 'plan'.

The net effect on Johnson's Premiership remains terminal though imo.
    Yes, it does I just want it to be over sooner and these lame garden pictures aren't going to do that no matter how much people wish that tombe true. We need Boris holding a glass of champagne surrounded by young women in a dimly lit room at Number 10 during a lockdown. That's the picture or video we need.
  • Options
    Chile

For anyone interested... polls close 9pm GMT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmVw5rhfipo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ove87nZ_1D4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMIJ4ae3io4

https://www.servelelecciones.cl/

https://live.decidechile.cl/#/ev/2021.12/ct/2021.12.P/

Utilising Kellner's Law (if opinion polls are wrong, they are almost always wrong in the same direction) I'm going to stick my neck out and say Kast wins with 51% - currently available at 3.6 on Smarkets:

https://smarkets.com/event/42252921/politics/world/chile/2021-chilean-presidential-election

Thanks,

DC

• Options

Carnyx said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Its very relevant.

She lives there. She's entirely entitled to be where she lives while a work meeting is happening.

Have you ever had a work meeting in your house. Did you tell your wife she had to f**k off elsewhere while you did?
    So she can waltz into a COBRA briefing at her own pleasure?
  • Options
    Omnium said:

A photo showing precisely what people should be doing. Ok, there are people closer than 2m, but really this is a Boris-helpful snap!

- mostly closer than 2m
    - more than 2 at a social event outside (if it is a social event)
    - having spouse and child unnecessarily at a work meeting (if it is a work event)
    - either way breaching household bubbles multiply
    - general **** you to the public who were expected to follow the rules

• Options
    tlg86 said:

Taz said:

Scott_xP said:

When I was a kid, I loved Sports Review of The Year - as it was known then - but it’s now an awards show, which are always a bit nauseating.

That world award for Blackmore is a bit of a joke. Of course the Irish person won a vote limited to people in the UK.
    I’m glad Biles won her award. She’s brave and an inspiration.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Should she be there if it's a work meeting? Is she a member or employee of the government?
    I see no reason why she shouldn't. She doesn't need to be a formal member or employee of the government.

If the PM wants her by his side as an unofficial advisor, that's entirely his prerogative isn't it?

I'm sure Cherie and Samantha and others have all been at functions where their husbands were working at the time too.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Its very relevant.

Ever heard of the most fundamental rules of confidentiality? I would tell her to clear off, but she's already sensible enough to clear off anyway.
  • Options
    England men’s football team get team of the year.

Pathetic. They won **** all, and poor Southgate had to acknowledge that.

Daley and Lee should have won that.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Scott_xP said:

How many work meetings with wine and cheese did you have in your garden during lockdown?
    Plenty, but it was just me :-)
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Taz said:

Scott_xP said:

Yes, I'm sure it used to be about 3 hours long - long enough to look at each of the major sports in detail. I guess the BBC think we don't have the attention span for that.
    Also, I suppose, there probably isn't that much it has the rights to any more.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Scott_xP said:

When I have work meetings at home (rare I admit but not unheard of ) I have to ask Mrs S to leave because confidential client matters are discussed. Carrie it appears is invited to work meetings at the heart of Government…
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

I see no reason why she shouldn't. She doesn't need to be a formal member or employee of the government.

If the PM wants her by his side as an unofficial advisor, that's entirely his prerogative isn't it?

I'm sure Cherie and Samantha and others have all been at functions where their husbands were working at the time too.
    Is it? I thought you had to be vetted and receive clearance for those kind of jobs.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Pre-lockdown: Plenty.

During lockdown: None as nobody was working in my house other than my family during lockdown. Had anybody else been working there, there'd be no issues with them having refreshments in the garden.
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,988
    I’ve seen less whataboutery on a football phone-in after a Rangers v Celtic match. Can we go off topic now, please?
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,182
    Six hours straight successful knapping. Good feeling

Arbeit Macht Frei. That's actually true, a shame the phrase is now a tad tarnished

Gin o'clock!
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Having Daley win as well is just reward for his fantastic achievements throughout his career.
  • Options
    Taz said:

tlg86 said:

Taz said:

Scott_xP said:

I’m glad Biles won her award. She’s brave and an inspiration.
    Lol! I’m glad I missed that as I find all the stuff around her a bit over the top.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Plenty, but it was just me :-)
    Same. I still got the usual couple bottles of wine and huge cheeseboard though.
  • Options

RobD said:

Scott_xP said:

Hmm, I would definitely not want my wife in any of my work meetings. I think it's inappropriate for the PM to have his wife present. If he wants to talk to her afterwards and get her views that's up to him.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Its very relevant.

Yes! As I said above if I’m discussing confidential matters I have to ask my wife to leave the room or I’d be in breach of professional obligations. Does Carrie have clearance to attend government meetings at No 10? If so on what basis?
  • Options

tlg86 said:

Having Daley win as well is just reward for his fantastic achievements throughout his career.
    No chance he wins the main award? I’ve voted for him, but I expect Raducanu to win.
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Well they finally won something, As has Southgate. A gallant loser is still a loser.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Carnyx said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

Foxy said:

DougSeal said:

OldBasing said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Its very relevant.

So she can waltz into a COBRA briefing at her own pleasure?
    What makes you think this was a COBRA briefing?
This discussion has been closed.