Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

LAB takes a 6% lead with Survation – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    MaxPB said:

MaxPB said:

The current Government believes there is one rule for them and another for everyone else

Believe 66% (Con 60%, Lab 81%)
    Do not believe 26% (Con 32%, Lab 14%)

1178, online, UK adults aged 18+, 8-9 Dec 21.

The Conservative numbers there are absolutely horrific for the government.
    Yeah, that 60% figure is astonishing.
    Do you know if that is current VI or 2019 voters? If it's the former then it's curtains for Boris.
    That is the 2019 VI split.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

GIN1138 said:

Boris sinking below the waterline... It's all over!

Ed Miliband had 14-16% leads in 2012, Kinnock was well over 10% ahead through most of 1990, Tory bedwetters are not welcome.

Hold the line!
    The trend is our friend.
    But I agree with you on Tory bedwetters. They're certainly not welcome in my house. Disgusting.
    What kind of bedwetters (not family or resident) do you welcome? As overnight guests that is!
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,597

🚨🚨 | BREAKING: Tory leadership contenders have begun manoeuvres on replacing Boris Johnson if the Prime Minister’s position becomes untenable

Via @theipaper

Phone lines being installed?

• Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    moonshine said:

Situation in the UK is ok at the moment. Bloody antivaxxers though.....70% of cases.

Tim Spector
    https://youtu.be/CsOG-6CfRgk

That kind of data should be being shouted from the rooftops. Considering the percentage who are vaccinated, that’s shocking.
    It really is time to get tough. I’m liking the unvaxxed tax idea. Don’t want to pay? Get the jab!
    Pah! You cannot monetise this; too many of the unvaxxed are, I suspect, supported by the state.

Freedom, or rather loss of it, is the message they will bend to.

Not vaccinated? Fine but don't expect to: go to the pub, cinema, night-clubs, eat out, travel on public transport, go into any public buildings including shops.

Just extend the rules for smoking to the unvaccinated. Simple.
    My “favourite” anti-vaxxer is a senior judge.
    I daren’t say any more in case I inadvertently identify him/her.
    20 questions…

Question 1) Is said judge fond of spider themed jewellery?
    Said judge is still practicing (or whatever the appropriate verb is, ?sitting).
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,854

Police Scotland priorities:

I have today been interviewed by a Detective Inspector of the Serious Crimes Division (sic) over who leaked to Kenny Macaskill MP the text message from Peter Murrell to his Deputy Sue Ruddick, instructing her to pressurise police to act against Alex Salmond.

https://twitter.com/craigmurrayorg/status/1468953097745489925?s=21

They are desperate to keep the lid on the smoking volcano. Will the magpie ever be seen again.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Sir Bob Worcester used to tell OGH and myself, watch the share of the vote, not the lead.

That 40% is nice for Labour.

Remember, the Tory party has two modes, complacency and blind panic.

And currently firing both barrels...
    How much you got on Napoli this evening foxy?
    A tenner to top the group...
    You are a bad man betting against your own clubs and parties. If you end up getting duffed up don’t come to us for a croggy to the hospital. 😠
  • Options

Can I just ask the mods to please let @Philip_Thompson and @isam back on as soon as possible?

Did I miss something? Would tend to echo Benpointer's sediment!
  • Options

MaxPB said:

The current Government believes there is one rule for them and another for everyone else

Believe 66% (Con 60%, Lab 81%)
    Do not believe 26% (Con 32%, Lab 14%)

1178, online, UK adults aged 18+, 8-9 Dec 21.

The Conservative numbers there are absolutely horrific for the government.
    Yeah, that 60% figure is astonishing.
    Not actually that surprising though. I think this is an Emperor's New Clothes moment. Once there is a breakthrough in people's understanding of just how poor a PM, and how poor a human being in many ways, Johnson is you cannot unthink that. I see no way back for Johnson in this. Even if he has successes going forward people will still be saying that he might have got some stuff right but fundamentally he is not fit to be PM.

At least, as ever, that is what I hope.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,645
    edited December 2021

Can I just ask the mods to please let @Philip_Thompson and @isam back on as soon as possible?

Did I miss something? Would tend to echo Benpointer's sediment!
    I try to decant myself off my sediment but thanks anyway!
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,180
    edited December 2021
    Betting post. Really big move in the 'Johnson still PM at 2022 Tory Party Conf' market on betfair. This morning it was 1.5, it is now 1.85. I opined this morning in quite jaunty fashion that the 1.5 was 'value'. And I followed through on that piece of punditry with a modest sized bet. A period of silence from me on Johnson exit markets is, I think, warranted. (looking down at shoes emoticon).
  • Options
    BurgessianBurgessian Posts: 2,432
    malcolmg said:

Police Scotland priorities:

I have today been interviewed by a Detective Inspector of the Serious Crimes Division (sic) over who leaked to Kenny Macaskill MP the text message from Peter Murrell to his Deputy Sue Ruddick, instructing her to pressurise police to act against Alex Salmond.

https://twitter.com/craigmurrayorg/status/1468953097745489925?s=21

They are desperate to keep the lid on the smoking volcano. Will the magpie ever be seen again.
    Interesting thread:

Craig Murray -
    @CraigMurrayOrg
    ·
    4h
    Replying to
    @CraigMurrayOrg
    Murrell is both Chief Executive of Scotland's ruling party and husband of the First Minister.
    Sturgeon may feel invincible and (evidently) ultra vindictive, but in the end it will be the obsessive cover- up that gets her,
    Paul Red square
    @Wifty8
    ·
    4h
    Replying to
    @CraigMurrayOrg
    What's the serious crime - the leak or the instruction to put pressure on the police?
    Craig Murray -
    @CraigMurrayOrg
    ·
    4h
    the leak is the crime not the pressurising, according to the Crown Office instructions to police.
    That in itself is in my view sufficient evidence of the corruption of the Crown Office.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,256

🚨🚨 | BREAKING: Tory leadership contenders have begun manoeuvres on replacing Boris Johnson if the Prime Minister’s position becomes untenable

Via @theipaper

Nowadays you can just send a grunt out to buy a box of burner phones and it’s far less likely to reach the tabloids.
  • Options

What a difference 104 weeks make :)

There was this wonderful moment I was even more witty than you, and then I woke up.
  • Options
    I just wonder whether BoJo might just announce that he's quitting as PM so he can get back to doubling his salary by resuming his Telegraph contract.
  • Options
    moonshine said:

Via @theipaper

Is there a surprise contender this year? I can’t decide if Sam Gyimah or Sir Graham was the biggest piss take candidate of recent times.
    If Leadsom runs again, I encourage all bots to keep backing her down to single figures again. They might also want to back David Miliband (clearly due a return to the top of UK politics) and Brian Rose (unlucky second fav in the London mayoral election).
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,940
    Antonio Conte is a strategic genius, so far he’s managed to get two premier league games postponed until after the transfer window opens.
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578
    IshmaelZ said:

Listen. Understand. The mods are out there. They can't be reasoned with, they can't be bargained with. They don't feel pity or remorse or fear and they absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.
    What happened to both?
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,181

I just wonder whether BoJo might just announce that he's quitting as PM so he can get back to doubling his salary by resuming his Telegraph contract.

Would they have him back?
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Betting post. Really big move in the 'Johnson still PM at 2022 Tory Party Conf' market on betfair. This morning it was 1.5, it is now 1.85. I opined this morning in quite jaunty fashion that the 1.5 was 'value'. And I followed through on that piece of punditry with a modest sized bet. A period of silence from me on Johnson exit markets is, I think, warranted. (looking down at shoes emoticon).

I think you are right. Although might wait til he has got through this weekend, even if that means a worse price.
  • Options

Being a shorter serving Prime Minister than Theresa May might not be something he's keen on.
  • Options
    I enjoy a ghoulish delight when I see a poster’s profile pic “go dark”.
  • Options
    Of all the Tory leadership contenders, who is the most dovish on Covid? Suspect that’s going to be the way to bet.
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,244
    edited December 2021

He can’t do that while we’re under restrictions, that would be 1000x worse than Dave whistling his happy tune the day after the referendum. So he needs Omicron to be a false alarm and then do so in the new year, when there’s less crisis and it’s more responsible to hold a leadership election.

Of course, the various black swans I mentioned earlier might mean he has a very small window (or no window at all) to make a graceful exit with no live crisis.
  • Options
    MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578

No. Carrie would lose her influence. Plus she’s smart enough to know that having him as PM a is a good enough way to keep him (mostly) faithful. As a journalist, he’d been shagging in no time.
  • Options

Of all the Tory leadership contenders, who is the most dovish on Covid? Suspect that’s going to be the way to bet.

Mark Harper.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,597
    moonshine said:

Via @theipaper

Is there a surprise contender this year? I can’t decide if Sam Gyimah or Sir Graham was the biggest piss take candidate of recent times.
    Chloe Smith?
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,078
    At what point does @HYUFD switch allegiance?
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,538

How about a compromise? PT to be let back on as long as he agrees to submit no more than 100 posts each day?
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,268
    edited December 2021
    HYUFD said:

Via @theipaper

They can manoeuvre all they want but unless they have objective polling data showing a Tory party led by them well ahead of Starmer Labour they won't get anywhere
    You and I do not agree on a lot of things , but you are to be credited with your last person standing tribute for Boris

I am politically homeless for the first time in near 60 years, but I simply want a conservative leader with integrity and ability and Boris is not that person

Time for his mps to be kind and invite Boris to move on and if he refuses act accordingly
  • Options

I'd be surprised if Boris quits in time to save my 2021 exit bet (and there is not really the time to elect a replacement anyway) but this week's pressures, and especially the reappearance of wallpapergate mean it will be even harder to maintain a lifestyle that has just become more expensive to the tune of one daughter. Boris will step down before the next election imo, and will not need to be ousted.
  • Options
    BurgessianBurgessian Posts: 2,432

Although a rather untypical (ahem) PM in many respects, I strongly suspect only electoral defeat or parliamentary regicide will remove him as per all other PMs in recent memory.
  • Options

Rishi.
    Truss.
    Sir Graham Brady, Old Lady.

Gove and Dorries are “hawks”.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,767

I think he'll not go unless forced. He clearly aspires to be a great PM - if he goes now he'll be judged as quite if not very poor (although actually getting us through the Brexit limbo was a real achievement)

I really think that the cabinet may just tell him he has to go, and clearly he will if that happens.

The 1922 mechanism is very messy, and I'm sure back-benchers are talking to members of the cabinet about avoiding that.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,135
    edited December 2021

Via @theipaper

Some of the runners and riders may yet fall victim to Partygate. One lives just above where the disco ball hangs, so how didn't he know about a party... or several just a few feet below him.
  • Options

Mark Harper.
    Is he a genuine contender though?
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    MrEd said:

IshmaelZ said:

Listen. Understand. The mods are out there. They can't be reasoned with, they can't be bargained with. They don't feel pity or remorse or fear and they absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.
    What happened to both?
    First rule of Fight Club is...

(Whispering in your ear, they were banned, for reasons still debated by scholars.)
  • Options

How about a compromise? PT to be let back on as long as he agrees to submit no more than 100 posts each day?
    Have Smarkets put a market up on his return date yet?
  • Options

moonshine said:

Via @theipaper

Chloe Smith?
    Lord Frost.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,961
    Leon said:

Stop banning people just before one of the most miserable Christmases in history. Seriously

PB is a pub with regulars. You don't chuck them out FOREVER on a lonely December night when they already might be feeling a bit low, and you don't chuck them out just for being cantankerous or argumentative

Racism, fine. Horrible abuse, fine. Yellow card, maybe red card. Having a pedantic spat? Really?

Abuse? Don't five the moderator any ideas. ;)
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited December 2021
    Leave it Albert, he's not worth it....

Two older guys get into a scuffle in a Morrisons car park in Clacton, Essex
    https://twitter.com/CrimeLdn/status/1469019600285224961?t=S5rpsDIgrfn3a0NOO9Yo4Q&s=19
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Too right 👍🏻 I’ll state there must be standards even if it’s the last thing I ever post.
  • Options

Mark Harper.
    Is he a genuine contender though?
    No.
  • Options
    It all feels very febrile at the moment. I can quite easily see Christmas intervening and saving Boris in the short term (if the Tories manage to win the by election that will also give some respite and calm some nerves).

But there’s also a chance that we get a smoking gun here. If we see something that suggests Boris knew about a party, or gave it his blessing, or (worse) is pictured attending one, you can imagine a scenario where his position becomes untenable by the end of the weekend. I get the feeling Tory MPs are angry and disquieted right now, but not ready to start sending letters and kick start a party war just yet. But you can see a situation where the situation could change rapidly, if there is some sort of further leak, potentially in the Sundays.
  • Options

At what point does @HYUFD switch allegiance?

John Churchill, the future 1st Duke of Marlborough, waited until the very last minute IIRC.
  • Options

There might be something in a posts-per-thread quota, even if it leads to more sock-puppets, provided it reduces the incidence of tedious multi-post spats. If you've not convinced the guy after the second post, the seventeenth won't clinch it either.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,166
    Some of the subsample splits are astonishing. Might be worth aggregating these from a few recent polls. The Tories still lead with 65+ voters 52-22 and with men 39-35, but Labour has a stupendous lead among women 46-29 - with the caveat that there are more undecided women (though that is normal) and the percentage of 2019 Tories switching to Labour is lower in this poll than in the recent Redfield & Wilton 4% lead poll. 17% of the Tories GE2019 vote doesn't know who they will vote for, with 7% switching to Labour. The position is clearly still recoverable.
  • Options

Via @theipaper

If ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no work for tinkers' hands.

The current cohort of Tory MPs lacks the killer instinct, and far too many think they owe Boris their seat.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,166
    Leon said:

Stop banning people just before one of the most miserable Christmases in history. Seriously

PB is a pub with regulars. You don't chuck them out FOREVER on a lonely December night when they already might be feeling a bit low, and you don't chuck them out just for being cantankerous or argumentative

Racism, fine. Horrible abuse, fine. Yellow card, maybe red card. Having a pedantic spat? Really?

I'd imagine that being rude to the landlord would have you turfed out onto your arse from most pubs.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,078
    @HYUFD it would be useful if you could give us details on the actual mood within the Tory party. You must be a part of Whatsapp groups etc?

Or are they too afraid to talk to you about it in fear of you calling them filthy tony blair supporting non-tories?
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,021
    Delicious oysters today in Highgate, but my fellow luncher was in undeniably clouded spirits. This new lockdown-lite is REALLY hitting people

One of the unspoken horrors is the loss of December as a festive period. He and I compared notes about cancelled parties/dinners/drinks - we had the same story

He said he was clinging on to his one last party left, that was usually his favourite of the year, a rich friend in Crouch End who "always throws great parties", and "sends everyone home singing".

My friend said "He won't cancel that, he never does"

As I walked home through an unusually quiet Highgate I got a text message. "He just cancelled it"

The loss of ANOTHER Christmas is fucking awful. December is what makes the British winter just about bearable. And by Christmas I mean all the happy socialising that goes before December 25th, not the boring day itself, which many can take or leave
  • Options

There might be something in a posts-per-thread quota, even if it leads to more sock-puppets, provided it reduces the incidence of tedious multi-post spats. If you've not convinced the guy after the second post, the seventeenth won't clinch it either.
    20 free posts per thread.
    Next 10 10p each.
    Next 10 20p each.
    Keep doubling.
    Split the funds between the site and charidee.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Via @theipaper

They can manoeuvre all they want but unless they have objective polling data showing a Tory party led by them well ahead of Starmer Labour they won't get anywhere
    That's the crucial point. Most of the building blocks are in place except the one showing an alternative Tory leader doing much better than Boris.

That is what collapses the Jenga tower.
  • Options

Being a shorter serving Prime Minister than Theresa May might not be something he's keen on.
    After Johnson's history of backstabbing, falling on his own sword in fewer days than Mrs May was PM would be a wonderful irony.

I for one would laugh my **** off!
  • Options
    Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,538

Although a rather untypical (ahem) PM in many respects, I strongly suspect only electoral defeat or parliamentary regicide will remove him as per all other PMs in recent memory.
    I think I agree with that.
    But... I don't think Boris could cope with being defenestrated or humiliated. I can't see him wishing to fight against a challenger if he had any chance of losing. So he could fall on his sword and announce that he has decided to spend more time with his wife and children, giving three months' notice, say.
  • Options

@HYUFD it would be useful if you could give us details on the actual mood within the Tory party. You must be a part of Whatsapp groups etc?

Or are they too afraid to talk to you about it in fear of you calling them filthy tony blair supporting non-tories?

I know the feeling !!!
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Leon said:

Banning people often ends up as whack a mole anyway when they open a new account.
  • Options

I think I agree with that.
    But... I don't think Boris could cope with being defenestrated or humiliated. I can't see him wishing to fight against a challenger if he had any chance of losing. So he could fall on his sword and announce that he has decided to spend more time with his wife and children, giving three months' notice, say.
    That would be an ideal solution
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,970

@HYUFD says hello!
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Via @theipaper

That's the crucial point. Most of the building blocks are in place except the one showing an alternative Tory leader doing much better than Boris.

Or, more specifically for Boris, the naked twister pile.
  • Options
    maaarsh said:

Leon said:

Banning people often ends up as whack a mole anyway when they open a new account.
    I can't think of any who would have done that.
  • Options
    85% in UK want colleagues to be fully vaccinated at work ….

https://twitter.com/benatipsos/status/1468999966962204674
  • Options
    Leon said:

Delicious oysters today in Highgate, but my fellow luncher was in undeniably clouded spirits. This new lockdown-lite is REALLY hitting people

One of the unspoken horrors is the loss of December as a festive period. He and I compared notes about cancelled parties/dinners/drinks - we had the same story

He said he was clinging on to his one last party left, that was usually his favourite of the year, a rich friend in Crouch End who "always throws great parties", and "sends everyone home singing".

As I walked home through an unusually quiet Highgate I got a text message. "He just cancelled it"

The loss of ANOTHER Christmas is fucking awful. December is what makes the British winter just about bearable. And by Christmas I mean all the happy socialising that goes before December 25th, not the boring day itself, which many can take or leave

But then it implodes, the days get longer and what is revealed is so relentlessly boring that you long for the cloak of darkness to return to hide it from you. Imagine 2 months in which Burns bloody Night and sodding Valentine's day are the only things that happen
  • Options
    Leon said:

I've never been sure Highgate is a real place. I also know someone who yesterday cancelled this year's parties.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,588

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Sir Bob Worcester used to tell OGH and myself, watch the share of the vote, not the lead.

You are a bad man betting against your own clubs and parties. If you end up getting duffed up don’t come to us for a croggy to the hospital. 😠
    I often bet against my own side. If they lose it is a small consolation, if they win I couldn't care less.

I also am very aware of their weaknesses. Bertrand is the worst player that I have seen in a Leicester shirt.
  • Options
    Exclusive: Boris Johnson's most senior spin doctor Jack Doyle made thank you ​speech and handed out awards at Downing Street Christmas party on December 18, @itvnews has been told.

https://twitter.com/ITVNewsPolitics/status/1469017712840126473
  • Options
    Some more fag packet epidemiology. Very very rough but bear with me

Omicron is maybe half as severe?

It puts 1/3 of SA cases in hospital as against 2/3 for Delta - Daily Mail and others (today)

But it is 4-5 times as transmissible, via natural R and breakthrough infectivity (Japan, SA: academics)

Half as bad but four times as infectious? We are still in trouble

• Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870

FPT: Putting those figures into Flavible gets Lab 308, Con 245, SNP 52, LD 20, usual for PC/Grn.

Some interesting squeezes become possible. In (say) Wantage, Flavible reckons Con 41, LD 32. That opens up a compelling argument to Labour switchers. In this particular case, the local councils have already fallen from Con to LD, suggesting that local Labour voters might already be happy with a tactial vote.

In which case, Starmer wouldn’t be in Nippy’s pocket, but in Davey’s, which doesn’t pose the same threat to anti Scottish racists.
    Indeed. More than that, a tacit Davey/Starmer pact is probably quite reassuring to Home Counties swing voters.
  • Options

Leon said:

I've never been sure Highgate is a real place. I also know someone who yesterday cancelled this year's parties.
    I have a bit of do on Saturday that I am now seriously considering cancelling.

I am very low with this shit tonight. How many more winters are going to be like this?
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,952
    Leon said:

Yeah yeah.
    All my Christmas parties off.
    Cos I've got COVID. Think yourself lucky, mate.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Can I thank PT for getting banned? Very kind of him.
    Now I can catch up with threads in half the time.

But how will you understand the sclerotic nature of EU institutions?
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,949

Are they banned? Or did they just slink off somewhere together?
  • Options

Leon said:

I am very low with this shit tonight. How many more winters are going to be like this?
    Don’t cancel.
    Risk is still v low.
    Another fortnight and the sitch will be different.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,952

HYUFD said:

Via @theipaper

Which ought to be doubly worrying Tories.
    No alternative improves. Just gives a different mix of voters I suspect.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,547

Why were they banned?
  • Options

dixiedean said:

But how will you understand the sclerotic nature of EU institutions?
    Or the divine 3 dimensional chess of Frost...
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

I often bet against my own side. If they lose it is a small consolation, if they win I couldn't care less.

I also am very aware of their weaknesses. Bertrand is the worst player that I have seen in a Leicester shirt.
    Just feels dirty, doesn’t it? And be careful you don’t cheer at the wrong moment in the wrong end.

And I guess the drinks must be on you with Leicester form this season 🤣
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Leon said:

Yeah yeah.
    Tested positive now?
  • Options

Leon said:

I'd imagine that being rude to the landlord would have you turfed out onto your arse from most pubs.
    I hadn't thought of it like that, but that is fair as well. I expect and hope they will both be back by next week if not earlier.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Leon said:

Yeah yeah.
    Sympathies

BUT the negative mental effect of another cancelled festive season is a very real thing, and really not good. People are sunk into despair. Even my most resilient friends are lamenting, and the already-flaky are in deep shit
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Sorry Dixie but I am a little out of touch. What exactly did PT do - some injudicious remark about OGH's hairstyle?
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870
    edited December 2021

Leon said:

Yeah, this. I run a (much smaller) forum and I try not to ban people, but frankly I do it out of the goodness of my own heart, and if you start arguing with the landlord I'm not going to spend yet more of my free time keeping you happy.

Anyway, PT appears to be unbanned now, so welcome back.
  • Options

dixiedean said:

Sorry Dixie but I am a little out of touch. What exactly did PT do - some injudicious remark about OGH's hairstyle?
    I nearly made a pun there...but I thought better of it.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891

Channel 4 News is a good watch for Boris haters. They're crucifying him. It's not like it's been a secret that he's an amoral lying freeloader. Are we the only ones who've been following his career? It feels like we've just walked out of the ark
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Are they banned? Or did they just slink off somewhere together?
    The tinkerbell effect seems to have worked on pt but not isam, from clicking their usernames
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,500

Leon said:

This is the last one.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,326

Leon said:

Leon said:

There is no Highgate. There is no isam. There is no Philip Thompson. There is only the Dear Leader.
  • Options

Leon said:

Leon said:

There is no Highgate. There is no isam. There is no Philip Thompson. There is only the Dear Leader.
    Very dear, especially when it comes to paying for redecorating.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,799

I do think he probably will throw in the towel though ideally it would be after winning a second majority in 2023.

But if that looks completely off the table I think he might just say he's going to stand down and spend his time with Carrie and the kids... say next summer/autumn (I'm 100% certain he'll try and beat Theresa May's 3 years, 11 days tenure though lol)
  • Options
    Leon said:

Some more fag packet epidemiology. Very very rough but bear with me

Omicron is maybe half as severe?

It puts 1/3 of SA cases in hospital as against 2/3 for Delta - Daily Mail and others (today)

But it is 4-5 times as transmissible, via natural R and breakthrough infectivity (Japan, SA: academics)

Half as bad but four times as infectious? We are still in trouble

I wonder if there are any free spots on SAGE coming up? Not sure they have a post 2 bottles of wine, rough fag packet epidemiologist as part of their team yet?
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,500
    ydoethur said:

dixiedean said:

I nearly made a pun there...but I thought better of it.
    I would have given that a like, but I thought better of it.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Leon said:

This is the last one.
    Unfortunately, you just don't know this. No one does. Unless you are making some fastidious, minuscule argument that "no winter is like any other"

It is quite possible that this virus will keep evolving, forever slightly out of reach. How we react to that is another impalpable mystery

I would so love you to be right, of course
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489

Mrs T May?

Joking (mostly)
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

I do think he probably will throw in the towel though ideally it would be after winning a second majority in 2023.

But if that looks completely off the table I think he might just say he's going to stand down and spend his time with Carrie and the kids... say next summer/autumn (I'm 100% certain he'll try and beat Theresa May's 3 years, 11 days tenure though lol)
    If he decides to spend more time with wife and kids it will be a real shock to the system!
This discussion has been closed.