Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Snap poll finds more than half saying BJ should resign – politicalbetting.com

12345679»

Comments

• Wow.

(((Dan Hodges)))
    @DPJHodges
    ·
    2m
    Speaking to Tory MPs tonight, I think they’ve reached a breaking point. Not on Boris himself (yet) but on new restrictions. Proper mutinous stuff. MPs openly texting whips “I’m not backing this”,
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,742

ydoethur said:

The Met will NOT investigate the Downing Street party.

Dick is useless......
    Dick's flopped. She's had to withdraw. She's hanging around though.
    How long fun you keep this pun up for?
    Wow, that's a hard one.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited December 2021

Wow.

(((Dan Hodges)))
    @DPJHodges
    ·
    2m
    Speaking to Tory MPs tonight, I think they’ve reached a breaking point. Not on Boris himself (yet) but on new restrictions. Proper mutinous stuff. MPs openly texting whips “I’m not backing this”,

Be interesting to know where the public stand. I have no idea.
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,878

Wow.

(((Dan Hodges)))
    @DPJHodges
    ·
    2m

In the context of restrictions it won’t matter, as the adults in the house will support them.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,061
    edited December 2021
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

BREAKING: A full Russian invasion of Ukraine would be on a scale “not seen in Europe since World War 2”, the new head of the armed forces has warned.
    Admiral Sir Tony Radakin described the Ukraine crisis - with a build of tens of thousands of Russian troops - as “deeply worrying”

https://twitter.com/haynesdeborah/status/1468642094105432072?s=20

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure the invasion of Hungary in 1956 would be a fair match for it. That amounted to 17 divisions or about 350,000 men.
    There was little opposition though.
    A bit like invading Ukraine then.
    Some, at least, of the Ukrainians will fight. There is no love for the Russians especially in the East.
    Some at least of the Hungarians fought, which is why around twenty thousand of them were killed (not two thousand as Wiki claims).
    Ukraine could be a bloodbath
    The only way Ukraine becomes a bloodbath is if NATO counter-invades in support of Kiev.

Which I do not believe will happen.

More likely all Russian assets overseas will be seized and the country cut off diplomatically.
    It will be a bloodbath because the Ukranians will fight, even if no one else does. Incidentally this Ukranian army recruiting advert is very well done. Much more honest than ours:

https://youtu.be/NOCbW1hc6Ng

Edit, though this one might appeal more to @TSE

https://youtu.be/tJKFNPGS_XM
  • Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    ·
    1h
    PM: Do not cancel your Christmas party.

"Get a test before you go.. to give everyone else at the party the confidence they are not meeting someone infectious."

* just dont go to the office
  • ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Dick is useless......
    Wow, that's a hard one.
    Perhaps we should send a letter written in French?
  • Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    edited December 2021

Leon said:

Sky News now talking about 4th and 5th jabs over the next couple of years, boffin agreeing. This is it. Years and years of this shite

I am expecting to have several dozen flu jabs over my life. If it is the same for covid that is the least of my worries.
    Yeah, I imagine even Philip T would agree that's no big deal. And actually nothing that has been announced is that dramatic, to the point that I do suspect the presser was called at 6 to preempt the news going on about the party. Are any businesses required to close? Families forbidden to meet? No.

Is there more to come, though? Probably, around January 2.
    I have absolutely no qualms about getting as many jabs as are necessary to stay safe. However many are required, I couldn't care less. I've always expected them to be annual, but if they're every six months then that's fine too.

But "Plan B", that has me pissed off. In part due to what's been announced and in part because of the direction of travel.

Plan B is annoying stuff that won't have much meaningful impact. So its annoying for no reward. So the question is "if this is needed, then what's next" because this is going to do √(Fuck All).
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,244

South Africa COVID update: Cases continue to rise, more than double from last week

- New cases: 19,842
    - Average: 13,493 (+1,612)
    - Positivity rate: 26.8% (+1.9)
    - In hospital: 4,252 (+454)
    - In ICU: 368 (+14)
    - New deaths: 36
    - Average: 23 (+1)

Not good hospital numbers. ICU better

We sit and we pray
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    edited December 2021

Wow.

(((Dan Hodges)))
    @DPJHodges
    ·
    2m

Nae bother, Wes says the lab vote is in the bag.
    edited December 2021
    Leon said:

South Africa COVID update: Cases continue to rise, more than double from last week

We sit and we pray
    "Official" SA hospital numbers are very unreliable, they are regularly back filled. Dr Doom said unofficial figures are 300% increase in a week.
  • AslanAslan Posts: 1,673
    ydoethur said:

Aslan said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

BREAKING: A full Russian invasion of Ukraine would be on a scale “not seen in Europe since World War 2”, the new head of the armed forces has warned.
    Admiral Sir Tony Radakin described the Ukraine crisis - with a build of tens of thousands of Russian troops - as “deeply worrying”

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure the invasion of Hungary in 1956 would be a fair match for it. That amounted to 17 divisions or about 350,000 men.
    Some, at least, of the Ukrainians will fight. There is no love for the Russians especially in the East.
    Some at least of the Hungarians fought, which is why around twenty thousand of them were killed (not two thousand as Wiki claims).
    The only way Ukraine becomes a bloodbath is if NATO counter-invades in support of Kiev.

More likely all Russian assets overseas will be seized and the country cut off diplomatically.
    We shouldn't counter invade but we should certainly bomb any areas of Ukraine that the legitimate Ukrainian government asks us to. If there happens to be an invading army there then that it on them.

If Russia can invade its neighbours and get away with only minor repercussions then it will go after the Baltics next. If we still don't do much it will go after Poland. We are going to have to draw the line eventually, so it's better for everyone if we do it sooner rather than later.
    The Baltics and Poland are members of NATO. Ukraine isn't.
    NATO is a security commitment. Just as the Budapest Memorandum was.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,738
    He's not the only senior Conservative who might not support govt's new restrictions next week
    https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1468670696758956035
    https://twitter.com/Mark_J_Harper/status/1468665550570246146
  • Wow.

(((Dan Hodges)))
    @DPJHodges
    ·
    2m

In the context of restrictions it won’t matter, as the adults in the house will support them.
    A PM who needs Opposition votes to get their flagship policy thru the House is a dead man walking.
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Dick is useless......
    Wow, that's a hard one.
    Yes, I woodn't like to predickt this one.
  • Wow.

(((Dan Hodges)))
    @DPJHodges
    ·
    2m

They are pro lockdown.
    I knew this variant was a fucking nightmare the moment I saw Javid’s boggly, terrified eyes the evening the Nu version was debuted

I wish I wasn’t completely right
    I welcome stronger measures to protect people from Covid.

But Boris Johnson’s recent actions have undermined public trust.

His contempt for the public won’t be forgotten.

Serious times call for serious leadership.

I hope the Prime Minister takes his own guidance this time.

https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1468671331453521922
  • OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,688
    Leon said:

We sit and we pray
    Oh yes - that's what you're going to do!

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Dick is useless......
    Wow, that's a hard one.
    Perhaps we should send a letter written in French?
    Suggesting that we all condom them unreservedly for their cowardice?
  • MikeL said:

GE Most Seats has barely moved.

Con 1.55
    Lab 2.78

You would have thought everyone on here would be busy putting their money where their mouths are.

Firstly, that is a Tory to Labour move over recent days (albeit not huge). Secondly, it ignores the other move, which is a tightening in the price of Johnson being gone within a year. If your reasoning is Johnson is the Tories' problem, then your view on the "most seats" market is related to whether you think he'll be leader - the more vulnerable he appears, the greater the risk they will change horses.
  • Scott_xP said:

He's not the only senior Conservative who might not support govt's new restrictions next week
    https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1468670696758956035
    https://twitter.com/Mark_J_Harper/status/1468665550570246146

👏👏👏

Good to see some opposition from the backbenches.

Do we have any opposition from the Opposition? 🤔
    Omnium said:

Leon said:

We sit and we pray
    Actually, I probably will be doing just that. But with a glass of Chase gin in hand, for moral support
  • ydoethur said:
    Pegged? Good man.
  • Leon said:

I knew this variant was a fucking nightmare the moment I saw Javid’s boggly, terrified eyes the evening the Nu version was debuted

I wish I wasn’t completely right

You're Christmas backwards.
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835
    This "get a test before you go."
    Both I and the friend I strongly suspect I caught it off were still testing negative 4 days into symptoms. We thought cold.
    Anecdata yes. And only 2. But. Is this an omicron feature?
    Both double jabbed. She boosted too.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,226

Andy_JS said:

Anyone starting to think "big data" might be a curse for humanity rather than a boon?

Aha. Interesting point.

My Mum tells me that in 1968 there was HK flu and people were pretty nervous but got on with life. Obviously not on the same scale as this bastard, but makes you think. There was no daily doom bulletin of stats.
    On the Beatles docco Macca coughed at one point and said “ooh lads I think I’ve got a bit of that Hong Kong flu”. Then they all shared a biffta and invented Get Back.

Harry Cole
    @MrHarryCole
    ·
    1h
    PM: Do not cancel your Christmas party.

"Get a test before you go.. to give everyone else at the party the confidence they are not meeting someone infectious."

* just dont go to the office

Plan B is very simple. You don't go to work, unless the wine is open, mistletoe hanging and twiglets and cheesy pineapple being passed around.
    Aslan said:

ydoethur said:

Aslan said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

We shouldn't counter invade but we should certainly bomb any areas of Ukraine that the legitimate Ukrainian government asks us to. If there happens to be an invading army there then that it on them.

If Russia can invade its neighbours and get away with only minor repercussions then it will go after the Baltics next. If we still don't do much it will go after Poland. We are going to have to draw the line eventually, so it's better for everyone if we do it sooner rather than later.
    The Baltics and Poland are members of NATO. Ukraine isn't.
    NATO is a security commitment. Just as the Budapest Memorandum was.
    There is a very significant difference between a military alliance created to defend its members militarily and an agreement not to invade another country.

It is Russia that is breaking the Budapest Memorandum. Not NATO.
  • Right, I don't have a modern mobile phone. How does this pass work?

You can also get a physical letter, presumably still with the QR code.
    61,340 cases in France

At one point they were reporting ‘180,000’ - which turns out to be a computer clusterfuque
    Leon said:

Omnium said:

Leon said:

We sit and we pray
    Actually, I probably will be doing just that. But with a glass of Chase gin in hand, for moral support
    Come along. Sit and pray? You have to admit that this (your own) is the most ridiculous mischaracterisation ever!

edited December 2021
    🚨🚨🚨 | BREAKING: Carrie Johnson DID host a flat party with several of her closest allies when the U.K. was in lockdown. The Telegraph have the names of the alleged guests, but won’t release them

Via @Telegraph

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1468669636640227339
    edited December 2021
    Scott_xP said:

🚨🚨🚨 | BREAKING: Carrie Johnson DID host a flat party with several of her closest allies when the U.K. was in lockdown. The Telegraph have the names of the alleged guests, but won’t release them

Via @Telegraph

Hey, Cressida. That burning smell is what little credibility you had left going up in smoke.
    edited December 2021
    Scott_xP said:

Via @Telegraph

Gone in the morning....he'll be gone in the moooorning....he'll be gone in the morning.
    And elsewhere

#Ireland reports a weekly total of 81 #Covid19 deaths - the highest since March, and 50% higher than the previous week.

4,126 new cases of the disease revealed. That's 8.8% above last Wednesday's total.
  • Leon said:

61,340 cases in France

At one point they were reporting ‘180,000’ - which turns out to be a computer clusterfuque

Well if they were testing properly it would be....
    Omnium said:

Leon said:

Omnium said:

Leon said:

We sit and we pray
    Come along. Sit and pray? You have to admit that this (your own) is the most ridiculous mischaracterisation ever!

Presumably sit on the finely knapped flint, and pray that it doesn't get stuck.
  • kinabalukinabalu Posts: 38,851

paging contrarian to thread!

You want a bucket of alt right drivel?
  • When the Daily Boris-Graph is sticking the knife in, thats game, set and match.
  • NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,346
    Leon said:

We sit and we pray
    As the Doctors in SA keep saying the majority of positive cases in SA hospitals are incidental, which is why SA has not locked down

When the Daily Boris-Graph is sticking the knife in, thats game, set and match.

Yep. No friends left now.
  • Sounds about right.
  • Foxy said:

I reckon that CBI speech did for him.
  • When the Daily Boris-Graph is sticking the knife in, thats game, set and match.

"Boris Johnson deploys his favourite ‘dead cat’ strategy, but he is perilously close to the last of his nine lives"

Telegraph
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,226

Scott_xP said:

Via @Telegraph

Gone in the morning....he'll be gone in the moooorning....he'll be gone in the morning.
    Are we talking about the occupant of no 10 or no 11 now?
  • repeat, for the duller witted, paging contrarian to thread
  • state_go_awaystate_go_away Posts: 5,415
    edited December 2021

Isabel Oakeshott
    @IsabelOakeshott
    ·
    1h
    Hands up who's taking orders from a clown?
    Time for the #GreatBritishFuckOff

I made my mind up the other week with the plan b lite that i will not adhere to this and wont wear a facemask for instance or test myself every bloody day to just meet people. Just incredulous that most people on here still want to follow restrictions imposed by people who do not follwo them themselves cue the downign street party .

Anyway johnson has lost the by election on thursday due to this rubbish so at least I will be a bit richer
    Foxy said:

And shat the bed so badly I can see that multi squillion dollar earning power evaporating overnight

Heart of stone...
  • ydoethur said:

Leon said:

1/ Re UK gov announcement of Covid Plan B today, all these protections are already in place in Scotland and have helped us get Delta cases down. Tough question we all face in period ahead is whether these protections will be strong enough against a rapidly spreading Omicron variant…

2/ Even if (and it is still if) Omicron doesn’t cause more severe disease, the numbers of people who might be infected by its faster spread will create big challenges for NHS and economy - so we need to consider carefully (but quite quickly) what proportionate response needed...

3/ In meantime, all of us complying strictly with current protections will help. And even if you feel angry with a politician just now, please remember just how important compliance is for the health & safety of you, your loved ones and the country

https://twitter.com/NicolaSturgeon/status/1468653871794778112?s=20

And yet, case rates not remarkably different from England....

https://twitter.com/ONS/status/1466739582930665475?s=20

Pretending this is a magic "cure all" may be a tad optimistic.....

I suspect their big concern is actually that the most severe lockdowns won't be enough, and then what?
    Some people will die, most won't.
    Will I be accused of tastelessness if I point out that the last two words are exactly 100% wrong?
    As W.C. Fields observed, "It's a funny old world, a man's lucky to get out of it alive"
  • Just got an invite to Allegra's leaving Party

LOL

Sounds about right.

The rings around his eyes are so pronounced I actually thought he was wearing glasses.
  • Scott_xP said:

Via @Telegraph

I can't find this on twitter? Made up?

Can we have a proper link?
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,279
    Wouldn't be surprised if Boris resigns in January before any leadership contest.
  • Scott_xP said:

Via @Telegraph

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1468669636640227339?t=o0FiU9mdkWU997H6lxj6HQ&s=19

Scott_xP said:

Via @Telegraph

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1468669636640227339?t=o0FiU9mdkWU997H6lxj6HQ&s=19
    That doesn't link to the torygraph

Off-thread - France - new poll

Ipsos for FranceInfo

Macron 25 (=)
    Pecresse 16 (+4)
    Le Pen 16 (-1)
    Zemmour 14 (-1)
    Melenchon 8 (-1)
    Jadot 7 (-2)
    Hidalgo 5 (-0,5)
    Others 9 (+1,5)

Total left of Macron : 27
    Total right of Macron : 47,5

No 2nd round Numbers

Today one junior minister resigned (judged guilty of « incomplete or falsified declaration of interests »). It won’t be front page news as nobody know he was a minister…

The first round is going to be excitingly close between those three, Pecresse, Le Pen and Zemmour.
    I think Boris is gone.

He really could have been a good PM, and yet his own foolishness has repeatedly undermined him.
  • Andy_JS said:

I bet Putin goes ahead with the plan. The West has never been weaker than it is now, especially with the new German government taking office today.
    Putin has tested the West. He now knows the extent of their response: economic sanctions that will last for a few years and eventually waning.

He can price that in, and take another slice of eastern Ukraine.
  • Scott_xP said:

Via @Telegraph

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1468669636640227339

Where is it on the actual Telegraph timeline?
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,878
    Andy_JS said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Boris resigns in January before any leadership contest.

Can’t he go sooner? Tonight would be good.
  • Scott_xP said:

Via @Telegraph

It's bollx. There is no such story.

Yet.
  • IshmaelZ said:

Scott_xP said:

Via @Telegraph

That doesn't link to the torygraph
    However, Downing Street insiders working in the building that evening have told The Telegraph that an event did take place in the flat that night, which was attended by Mrs Johnson and several of her closest allies.

This newspaper has been given the names of six current and former senior government officials who were alleged to be present, as well as two other people known to be close to Mrs Johnson.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/12/08/day-reckoning-many-heads-will-roll-public-anger-partygate-subsides/?WT.mc_id=tmgliveapp_iosshare_AyMCfHZSs0rm
    Wife: Can you get Disney+ working on my laptop? There is a Christmas movie there that so want to watch and it’s not on the other services.

Me: Sure! What’s the Movie?

Wife:
    https://twitter.com/martinwoodward/status/1468675868490936334/photo/1
  • Ah. Now we have a story and a link:

Harry Yorke
    @HarryYorke1
    ·
    22m
    EXC: Lord Lister, the PM's former chief of staff, is alleged to have attended leaving drinks with Mr Johnson on Nov 27 for outgoing aide Cleo Watson, according to insiders present

He was one of several snr No 10 aides there with PM
  • NEW THREAD

Just got an invite to Allegra's leaving Party

I felt a bit sorry for her earlier. That was the most convincing apology that I have ever seen from a public figure.
  • Leon said:

Omnium said:

Leon said:

We sit and we pray
    I'm drinking a Sicilian white blend of native Lucido and Insolia grapes called Lumari. It's very pleasant. The label tells me, which I now entirely believe, that it's a "vino bianco profumato e fresco con senori di pistachio e limone" (perfumed and fresh white wine with a hint of pistachio and lemon). It was a gift so I've no idea where it came from but have found it here
    https://www.winepoole.co.uk/white-wines/lumari-lucido-inzolia-colomba-bianca-sicily-2019.html

• Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    17m
    Today's decision to impose Plan B was made by the quad - PM, Sunak, Javid, Barclay

The Cabinet were only told of the decision in a *phone call* afterwards.

There was "not even a hint" at Cabinet meeting on Tues that Plan B was even being considered.

THIS IS THEATRE NOT SCIENCE
  • El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,870

Sounds about right.

He looks more like Eric "respect mah authoritah" Cartman than ever before.
  • FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    Omnium said:

I think Boris is gone.

He really could have been a good PM, and yet his own foolishness has repeatedly undermined him.

So... he really could have been a good PM if he had been a different person.
    You must surely be aware by now of his long history of frequent stupidity. Surely?
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

A massive failure for Western foreign policy if so.
    Omnium said:

I think Boris is gone.

I think he could have been PM for 10 years if it hadn't been for Covid-19. But then, Covid-19 would have presented enormous difficulties to any incumbent prime minister.
  • CiceroCicero Posts: 2,179
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Neither the Hungarian Army nor government in 1956 was united and the resistance was more guerilla fighting, particularly when the Soviet forces regrouped and made a full invasion on November 3rd after their initial withdrawal on October 28th. The Ukrainian army and government, by contrast is several years battle hardened and highly motivated. If the Russians try and fight their way in, they will face significant casualties. More to the point Ukraine as a country would simply not accept a Russian diktat, and if it is difficult enough for the Ukrainian government to rule the country, it would be impossible for Russian satraps to impose their will for any length of time, especially if they come to power as invaders. What is dangerous about Putin´s sabre rattling is that it implies that he simply does not understand that Ukrainian independence is not a "Western fiction"; he seriously thinks that if he goes in the Russians will be greeted as Liberators. They won´t be, and there will be fierce resistance. Meanwhile the West will go ape shit and impose maximum sanctions while the Russian army gets seriously bogged down. That could be very serious indeed, and the wounded bear could lash out in several other directions claiming the pretext of stopping the mostly non existent Western support for the "Ukrainian puppet regime".

So yeah there is that World War III scenario. Meanwhile one third of the Russian population does not have access to such luxuries as mains drainage and a whole generation thinks the 70 year old Putin is as much their enemy as any of the paper tigers -USA or Europe or Ukraine- that Putin keeps suggesting. Most Russians do not think that any of them is their enemy, and many support the Belarusians against the oafish murderer Lukashenka. Problem for Putin is he could well lose and he is not psychologically equipped to handle the defiance of Ukraine and the punishment that the West would inflict, so Biden gave him the bone of the Zoom call, but basically we will be facing a full on war unless some of the cooler heads in the Kremlin high command can tell VVP what he does not want to hear and does not beleive anyway.
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    Leon said:

61,340 cases in France

I love it when you talk French.
  • algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,342
    darkage said:

I think it must be over for Boris and the tories. They haven't learned anything from the Barnard Castle episode and have effectively walked in to a repeat of it, but worse; as there is a strong - I would say universal - suspicion that the prime minister is lying, and that matters will be fixed up to avoid a proper investigation. Meanwhile, Starmer is looking solid and reliable.

I think Boris must now be on the downhill slope, and his end is foreseeable. Not sure that the same is true for the Tories.

If Boris is out, say by between tomorrow the end of next year, we will look back on a curious period of politics. Lots of people who have no time for him morally or in general still thought, rightly, that at that particular time in 2019 only he could be PM, win an election and get Brexit done.

The problem with One Nation Toryism is that to a man they supported the EU. They were wrong to do so as was the entire establishment. That is now over. Apart from getting Brexit done populist Toryism has proved sub optimal at grown up boring politics.

Time to give Clarkeite, Heseltineian One Nation Toryism a chance again. I suspect Hunt is their only credible candidate.

• isamisam Posts: 40,730
    edited December 2021
    algarkirk said:

darkage said:

I think it must be over for Boris and the tories. They haven't learned anything from the Barnard Castle episode and have effectively walked in to a repeat of it, but worse; as there is a strong - I would say universal - suspicion that the prime minister is lying, and that matters will be fixed up to avoid a proper investigation. Meanwhile, Starmer is looking solid and reliable.

I think Boris must now be on the downhill slope, and his end is foreseeable. Not sure that the same is true for the Tories.

If Boris is out, say by between tomorrow the end of next year, we will look back on a curious period of politics. Lots of people who have no time for him morally or in general still thought, rightly, that at that particular time in 2019 only he could be PM, win an election and get Brexit done.

The problem with One Nation Toryism is that to a man they supported the EU. They were wrong to do so as was the entire establishment. That is now over. Apart from getting Brexit done populist Toryism has proved sub optimal at grown up boring politics.

Time to give Clarkeite, Heseltineian One Nation Toryism a chance again. I suspect Hunt is their only credible candidate.

Return of the Farage would be a certainty, and the Red Wall would vote for him I reckon
  • algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,342
    isam said:

algarkirk said:

darkage said:

Return of the Farage would be a certainty, and the Red Wall would vote for him I reckon
    Of course Farage returns. But with Brexit done clever politics should see him off from the centre right. The centre right needs more voters in order for the Tories to win. At the moment the centre left is commanding well over 50% of votes, the Tories 34-37%?? and falling. Tories need more Lab and LD voters to switch to the Tories. That's how politics works.

ATM all the centre left needs to do is to get their act together and stop splitting the vote and they win the country.

• WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,480
    edited December 2021

Julia Hartley-Brewer
    @JuliaHB1
    ·
    17m
    Today's decision to impose Plan B was made by the quad - PM, Sunak, Javid, Barclay

The Cabinet were only told of the decision in a *phone call* afterwards.

There was "not even a hint" at Cabinet meeting on Tues that Plan B was even being considered.

THIS IS THEATRE NOT SCIENCE

To repeat what I said an hour earlier, this is why he's got to go now. The trust in all this crucial decision-making is up in the air like never before.
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,611
    MaxPB said:

I actually think if the Tories don't get rid of Boris they're in for a real drubbing in 2024. I could even see Labour sneak through a small majority with a really big swing in votes and the Tories in high 20s or very low 30s. Even people who were previously sympathetic to Boris are now turning against him.

Yep.
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,611

Wow.

(((Dan Hodges)))
    @DPJHodges
    ·
    2m

General view in the north London pub I’m in is: they can fuck right off.
  • rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,881
    Just seen on twitter Owen Jones claiming Allegra Stratton ripped off his undergrad thesis...

Talk about putting the boot in!
This discussion has been closed.