Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

I agree with Sir John Curtice – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• sladeslade Posts: 1,994
    Following the death of Salmond I have an image of a fat man with ambitions of world domination and a belief that they are an object of desire to women. Other members of the group include Trump, Johnson, Berlusconi, and Mussolini.
  • Leon said:

Stereodog said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

COOKING TIP

When microwaving baked potatoes OVERcook them so they gain this weird delicious crispiness, even crunchiness, then soften this dried snappabiltiy with fats - oil, butter, the flavoured oils from a fried steak. Then they become utterly delicious and better than baked spuds from the oven

The average single baked spud needs maybe 17 minutes at full power

Nothing tastier than a crunchy potato.
    Honestly, they're great. But you have to be watchful, it takes about a minute for them to go from wonderfully crunchy to inedible cinders, but if you hit the sweet spot, MMMMMM

I believe, and I am wary of exaggeration, that my microwaved baked potato discovery is on a par with Elon Musk's Giant Chopsticks Capturing The World's Hugest Missile achievement earlier today, tho I accept that the several PB-ers with Musk Derangement Syndrome will clearly see my triumph as the greater, and I am thankful for their approbation
    You need to get an air fryer.
    I almost certainly do, but I don't have room in a small 1 bed flat

A flat which BTW I love, for my sins, BECAUSE it is so small. Lock up and leave!

I fly to Asia tomorrow

I have a small flat too but the air fryer is a must. I barely turn my oven on anymore. It really doesn't take all that much worktop space and more than justifies it.
    Really? It's that good? Why??

Genuine question. I probably have room for one more device in my small but lovable kitchen

An air fryer is that much of a boon?

PB has already persuaded me to get a smartwatch, and that was a great decision, so an air fryer as well?
    My mother-in-law likes hers. You can cook a chicken in it and it's as good as roasted in the oven, but in one-third the time. Sausages have also cooked very well.

Sweet potato was a bit of a failure, as was the attempt at poached eggs, but, yes, my initial scepticism was misplaced.
    Lost over a hundred pounds (in weight) when I moved over to using an air fryer for cooking things.
  • StereodogStereodog Posts: 608
    Leon said:

Stereodog said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

COOKING TIP

When microwaving baked potatoes OVERcook them so they gain this weird delicious crispiness, even crunchiness, then soften this dried snappabiltiy with fats - oil, butter, the flavoured oils from a fried steak. Then they become utterly delicious and better than baked spuds from the oven

Honestly, they're great. But you have to be watchful, it takes about a minute for them to go from wonderfully crunchy to inedible cinders, but if you hit the sweet spot, MMMMMM

I believe, and I am wary of exaggeration, that my microwaved baked potato discovery is on a par with Elon Musk's Giant Chopsticks Capturing The World's Hugest Missile achievement earlier today, tho I accept that the several PB-ers with Musk Derangement Syndrome will clearly see my triumph as the greater, and I am thankful for their approbation

A flat which BTW I love, for my sins, BECAUSE it is so small. Lock up and leave!

I fly to Asia tomorrow

I have a small flat too but the air fryer is a must. I barely turn my oven on anymore. It really doesn't take all that much worktop space and more than justifies it.

Genuine question. I probably have room for one more device in my small but lovable kitchen

PB has already persuaded me to get a smartwatch, and that was a great decision, so an air fryer as well?
    Basically anything that you want to be crispy comes out way better in an air fryer. They're kind of misnamed in a way as they're really just hyper efficient ovens. I never bother to pre heat mine and it's just so much easier as you can set the temperature and time and just leave it to get on with things. It's more energy efficient than switching on a big oven if you're cooking for one or two people. Also I find that it doesn't stink the flat out like the oven does which I'm sure you'll agree is important for us bijoux habitat dwellers.
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 17,085
    edited October 13
    darkage said:

FF43 said:

Badenoch pamphlet ‘stigmatises’ autistic people, says top Tory

The document said people with autism get “economic advantages and protections” but a spokesman denied any prejudice

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/badenoch-pamphlet-stigmitises-autistic-tory-3322013

Badenoch's manifesto is here: The country's going to the dogs and it's all the fault of HR managers, lawyers, gays, people with no children, people who go to university, people who want to look after their mental health, regulation of any kind, risk management in banks.

https://cdn.prod.website-files.com/66e290977b0f17041797e6ae/66fb3a4aa6d5bf17f7481ed1_Conservatism in Crisis.pdf

Nevertheless Badenoch is better than Jenrick. Conservatives get that choice.
    It is a bit rambling and repetitive but it is a pretty clear diagnosis of the problems that she thinks need addressing and credit should be given for this.

However what is unclear is whether she realises there is no 'incremental' way of dealing with them, there has to be a disruptive big bang - the civil service frozen out, swathes of legislation wiped out in the first 100 days, so many things done at once that the administrative state has no hope of keeping up. Unless you do this, you will be back in to the 'do nothing business as usual' option and in the same predicament as Sunak/Starmer when in power.
    Badenoch chose to remove the guillotine clause in the Retained EU Law Bill. It was the only significant thing she ever did in her five years as minister. To be fair to her the one significant thing was a sensible move.

She had her chance to do some of what she promotes in her manifesto and decided against it. I wouldn't take anything in it particularly seriously.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 52,026
    viewcode said:

Yes, I think Trump is probably more likely to win than not.

The signs are all there. It's just this board really don't want him to, so we're scrabbling around for evidence to the contrary and trying to boost it to make ourselves feel better.

Tell me about it. Honesty compels me to note that if we take the polls and only the polls he should be the most probable of the two, especially when we include direction of travel. When Dem moved from attacking him and boasting about themselves, to defending themselves from his attacks, they began to lose. Although to be fair, it still is too close to call.

I genuinely don't know how to resolve this. I took my gambling money out of the bank yesterday and I don't know what to do. The workaround is to work out which *states* are value for Kamala and bet on those, but again, thin gruel, high risk, low reward, bad, bad.

If the polls are too close to call I'll look at other factors (recruitment? Where Trump is giving speeches?). I'm a bit worried at him campaigning in Colorado: what does he know that I don't?
    The most recent Morning Consult poll had a 5% Harris lead.

It sampled 11,353 voters between October 4 - 6.

It has a MOE of 1%.

Just sayin'...

• Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 32,242
    HYUFD said:

TimS said:

Are any PB Tories actually supporting Badenoch? I’ve not yet seen anyone declaring she has their vote. There are several Bobby J supporters here. Is this a useful tip for the actual vote?

In Jenrick and Badenoch I think I’m starting to deduce the distinction between different flavours of populist right wing Conservative, and how their support differs. Badenoch is all vibes. Jenrick seems to have much more appeal to the proper ideological rightwingers, the heirs to Redwood and Lilley.

However, I’m not sure we have a true bellwether Tory member here. I used to think BigG was that median grassroots member but the Overton window has now left him behind. HYUFD is too engaged, too active, too ideological to count. Other right wingers on here are not necessarily Tory members. What is the average common or garden Conservative Party activist thinking? Who here can speak for them?

I would join the Tory Party and vote for Jenrick as revenge for Corbyn in 2015 (yes I know I supported him).
    Jenrick isn't Corbyn, more Andy Burnham, a moderate showing some leg to the party members.

Kemi is far more Corbyn than Jenrick
    There is no comparator for Jenrick in recent Tory or Labour front bench scuminess. The closest we get to the slime level is the poison dwarf Bercow and his journey from semi fascist loon to self serving slithering snake as Speaker. Jenrick might be travelling in the opposite direction but it is all for self aggrandisement. He belongs in a sewer not Parliament (ignoring for a moment the fact that there are similarities between the two places).
  • HYUFD said:

TimS said:

Are any PB Tories actually supporting Badenoch? I’ve not yet seen anyone declaring she has their vote. There are several Bobby J supporters here. Is this a useful tip for the actual vote?

In Jenrick and Badenoch I think I’m starting to deduce the distinction between different flavours of populist right wing Conservative, and how their support differs. Badenoch is all vibes. Jenrick seems to have much more appeal to the proper ideological rightwingers, the heirs to Redwood and Lilley.

However, I’m not sure we have a true bellwether Tory member here. I used to think BigG was that median grassroots member but the Overton window has now left him behind. HYUFD is too engaged, too active, too ideological to count. Other right wingers on here are not necessarily Tory members. What is the average common or garden Conservative Party activist thinking? Who here can speak for them?

I would join the Tory Party and vote for Jenrick as revenge for Corbyn in 2015 (yes I know I supported him).
    Jenrick isn't Corbyn, more Andy Burnham, a moderate showing some leg to the party members.

Any conservative would be quite happy with the 40% of the vote Mr Corbyn got in 2017.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 54,131
    Stereodog said:

Leon said:

Stereodog said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

COOKING TIP

I fly to Asia tomorrow

Basically anything that you want to be crispy comes out way better in an air fryer. They're kind of misnamed in a way as they're really just hyper efficient ovens. I never bother to pre heat mine and it's just so much easier as you can set the temperature and time and just leave it to get on with things. It's more energy efficient than switching on a big oven if you're cooking for one or two people. Also I find that it doesn't stink the flat out like the oven does which I'm sure you'll agree is important for us bijoux habitat dwellers.
    Oooh. Interesting. I shall investigate when I return from Asia!

TA
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 61,842
    Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

HYUFD said:

Sir Keir Starmer has taken down portraits of Elizabeth I and Sir Walter Raleigh that were on display in Downing Street
    https://x.com/DominicPenna/status/1845486129425817766

He really is a fucking commie

I despise him

More to the point, so does most of Britain.
    Pity you voted for him personally a few weeks ago. 😊
    Seems mass 'buyers remorse' has set in.

It's their own fault. By bigging up the whole stupid FDR/West Wing '100 days' crap they have hoisted themselves on own petard when literally nothing has been delivered expect turning granny's electric fire off this winter.

• No doubt the freebies that Jenrick likes will be very different to Starmer's.
  • TimS said:

Have been a Kemi fan for a number of years now and repeatedly suggested her to my MP. Who never voted for her..
  • Times exclusive:

Britain is ready for investment and has a “very real opportunity” to grow its economy, some of the world’s biggest banks and companies have said on the eve of a flagship summit in London.

In a letter to The Times, five of the world’s biggest banks joined private equity giants, major insurers and tech companies to say it was “time to invest in Britain”.

https://x.com/breeallegretti/status/1845569838325928261
  • Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 32,242

FF43 said:

IanB2 said:

Regardless of the Independent's headline, who is going to win?

Badenoch is the clear favourite but personally I suspect there's still a racist tinge to the Toriy membership that will favour Jenrick.

Based on the Tory member WhatsApp groups I am a part of, Badenoch to win roughly the same amount Truss defeated Sunak.
    I'll be happy with that outcome. They're both rubbish but I would like to be proven wrong in my assessment of the Tory membership.
    I think it’s the worst choice that has ever faced the Tory party membership. If I had to choose, I guess I’d go with Badenoch too.
    A dodgy ***** is only going to become worse given a sniff of power, whereas someone immature might one day grow up and someone ineffectual might one day learn something.
    At what age could we expect an immature 44 year old to grow up?
    Two years in Cabinet, five in government.

Seven years in Parliament, nine in front line politics.

How much more experience should she need?
    I think recent PMs have risen too high too fast, and longer in a political apprenticeship would be good for them and for us.

Thatcher became an MP in 1959, and people weren't convinced by her when she first became PM 20 years later.

Blair was an MP for 14 years before becoming PM, and that was thought to be a rapid rise.

Seven years in the Commons is not long relatively speaking.
    Though if she did win Badenoch would only become LOTO not PM. She would not get a chance for the high office for another 4 years - so that would be 11 years in Parliament.

But actually I agree with you on the main point of your posting. I see it as a sign of how poor the political cadre has become in both parties.
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 27,975
    TimS said:

HYUFD is probably still the gold standard imo. I've raved at him (as much as anyone here raves) to be more supportive of right wingers like Truss, but he's been very much middle of the road. I think it does say something him backing Jenrick.
  • Starmer will say:

Just platitudes until you do it though, Keir.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 42,506

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

COOKING TIP

I fly to Asia tomorrow

The flight of the snowbirds seems to come earlier each year.
    *sudden vision of Leon up to his thighs in the River Axe together with the pewits, godwits, sandpiper, teal, swallows, etc. etc. I was watching last month*
  • Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 27,975
    Leon said:

Stereodog said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

COOKING TIP

I fly to Asia tomorrow

It's not a 'fryer' - that's misleading imo - it's a small, powerful, quick, convection oven. Great (I think) for croissants, bacon/sausages, any food you'd bake.
  • Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 5,204
    KnightOut said:

Badenoch pamphlet ‘stigmatises’ autistic people, says top Tory

The document said people with autism get “economic advantages and protections” but a spokesman denied any prejudice

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/badenoch-pamphlet-stigmitises-autistic-tory-3322013

Have you decided which of these two losers you're going to vote for TSE?
    Badenoch possibly, absolutely no chance I am voting for Jenrick.

Actually I might vote Jenrick, in the four Tory leadership contests I have voted in I have only backed the winner once (Dave pbuh).

Normally my vote is like getting an endorsement from Leon, it dooms the candidate.
    You should abstain. Both are unworthy of the Leadership.

When it was Boris vs Hunt (and I was still a member) I spoiled my ballot paper by writing in 'former Leeds and Scotland frontman Arthur Graham'.
    This time it is between former Man United midfielder Kemi Moses and disgraced former Spurs midfielder Jermaine Jenrick.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 42,506
    HYUFD said:

Leon said:

HYUFD said:

Sir Keir Starmer has taken down portraits of Elizabeth I and Sir Walter Raleigh that were on display in Downing Street
    https://x.com/DominicPenna/status/1845486129425817766

He really is a fucking commie

I despise him

More to the point, so does most of Britain.
    I suspect he removed the portraits of Thatcher and Gladstone as he couldn't bear them looking down on him and feeling what a minnow he was in comparison.

He removed Elizabeth I and Raleigh as that was the woke thing for him to do
    He didn't remove the official No 10 portrait of Mrs T - just a second portrait that someone had given the last administration. Not the same thing at all.

TimS said:

I am not a member anymore and would have rejoined if Cleverly had won

I simply do not like Jenrick and frankly know little about Badenoch but if I had a vote it would be Badenoch as the better of the two

Maybe neither will lead into GE29, but as the Observer warns labour today not to assume this is another free gift and the outcome of the leadership and success or failure will only become apparent in time

It is even possible with Labour in free fall and now level with the conservatives both could continue to decline as Reform takes advantage

This is not what I want, but it is not out of the question and for that reason I hope whoever wins will take the fight to Reform

I would just add I still receive surveys from Conhome and have not had anything to date
    I don't have a vote but given the two candidates then if I did then I would have little hesitation in going for Kemi Badenoch mainly because she's a fellow comp sci graduate and Jenrick is frankly tory boy public school odious.

He'll be a disaster and will totally flatline in the polls whereas she might be a disaster.

• Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 51,332

HYUFD said:

TimS said:

Any conservative would be quite happy with the 40% of the vote Mr Corbyn got in 2017.
    Only 262 seats, mind!
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 50,840

Starmer will say:

Sounds like he wants a bonfire of red tape? He's speaking the ERG's language.
    The poll you didn't know you needed (USA):

https://x.com/usa_polling/status/1845513720820125903

Those who said Hitler had some good ideas:

All: 11%

18-29: 21%
    30-49: 16%
    50-64: 7%
    65+: 5%

Black Americans: 21%
    Hispanic Americans: 19%
    White Americans: 9%

J.L Partners / Oct 7, 2024 / n=1000
  • Every state leader in Australia withdraws from Charles and Camilla's visits reception

Republic inevitable
  • The poll you didn't know you needed (USA):

Elon Musk is most of that 50-64 group

Do they go to ask what the respondent actually thinks are the good ideas?
    Space X should have been much higher up the bbc news running order.

It is an engineering triumph.
  • Starmer will say:

Sounds like he wants a bonfire of red tape? He's speaking the ERG's language.
    I'm all for planning being forced through for housing, telecoms, railways etc.
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 16,990

Leon said:

Stereodog said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

COOKING TIP

I fly to Asia tomorrow

It's not a 'fryer' - that's misleading imo - it's a small, powerful, quick, convection oven. Great (I think) for croissants, bacon/sausages, any food you'd bake.
    Totally agree. It’s a bit like HS2’s miss-selling. Air fryers are not fryers. There are superb tiny ovens. Have used one for the last 6 months during renovations and will shortly have an oven back and not sure will use it. Can confirm sausages great, chickens fine (but check it’s cooked through) and pork joints with crackling superb.
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 17,676

Do they go to ask what the respondent actually thinks are the good ideas?
    Building autobahns would make him popular with some.

"Incredible achievement. The company responsible for this is being sued by the US Justice Department for not hiring asylum seekers."

https://x.com/KeithWoodsYT/status/1845507941232750965

Essentially the West is now in a final war between those who dream, who do, who drive - like Elon Musk, above all - and the Left, which seeks only division and a dreary levelling down, a morass of argument and inertia, where they can prosper, cause they are more boringly determined to argue over bullshit than anyone else

I know where I stand. With Elon Musk, who captures rockets and will go to Mars
  • StereodogStereodog Posts: 608

Leon said:

Stereodog said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

COOKING TIP

I fly to Asia tomorrow

Totally agree. It’s a bit like HS2’s miss-selling. Air fryers are not fryers. There are superb tiny ovens. Have used one for the last 6 months during renovations and will shortly have an oven back and not sure will use it. Can confirm sausages great, chickens fine (but check it’s cooked through) and pork joints with crackling superb.
    Yes absolutely agree about the pork. It does belly slices to a tee.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 38,300
    TimS said:

Myself, TSE and JohnO will be voting for her.
    MaxPB said:

TimS said:

It's a landslide!!
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 69,427

viewcode said:

The signs are all there. It's just this board really don't want him to, so we're scrabbling around for evidence to the contrary and trying to boost it to make ourselves feel better.

Tell me about it. Honesty compels me to note that if we take the polls and only the polls he should be the most probable of the two, especially when we include direction of travel. When Dem moved from attacking him and boasting about themselves, to defending themselves from his attacks, they began to lose. Although to be fair, it still is too close to call.

I genuinely don't know how to resolve this. I took my gambling money out of the bank yesterday and I don't know what to do. The workaround is to work out which *states* are value for Kamala and bet on those, but again, thin gruel, high risk, low reward, bad, bad.

If the polls are too close to call I'll look at other factors (recruitment? Where Trump is giving speeches?). I'm a bit worried at him campaigning in Colorado: what does he know that I don't?

It has a MOE of 1%.

Just sayin'...

Most polling analysts (as opposed to pollsters) agree that MOE doesn’t mean very much if the cohort selection is flawed. And no one will know that until after the election.

This is genuinely an election that could go either way. But I agree with your gut - my cash in on Harris, too.
    Leon said:

"Incredible achievement. The company responsible for this is being sued by the US Justice Department for not hiring asylum seekers."

Essentially the West is now in a final war between those who dream, who do, who drive - like Elon Musk, above all - and the Left, which seeks only division and a dreary levelling down, a morass of argument and inertia, where they can prosper, cause they are more boringly determined to argue over bullshit than anyone else

How many rocket engineers are seeking asylum?

Other than von Braun.
  • Leon said:

Stereodog said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

COOKING TIP

I fly to Asia tomorrow

I've used my air fryer for most of my cooking for about 12 years now, since well before they were popular.

They were invented and originally marketed as a sort-of-replacement for deep fat fryers but without the fat, hence originally being marketed as good for chips and with a basket etc like a deep fat fryer, hence the name.

But yes they are really just better ovens that can cook most things conventional ovens can cook in a fraction of the time, at a fraction of the cost, and without needing to be preheated.

They are a must. An absolute must. The only time I cook in my conventional oven now is if I'm cooking something very big, or a lot of food.

Leon said:

Other than von Braun.
    Hopefully this incredible achievement by Musk will be enough to see Donald Trump over the line. I know this is a rare moment of unity on PB, but we can only pray. In the end it is up to America
    This time, we don't just have to defeat the anti-western Left, this time around we have to beat them into total fucking oblivion so they never return. We have to utterly extinguish them, and any means of doing this is valid. They have to die, forever
  • AnthonyTAnthonyT Posts: 52

ydoethur said:

Leon said:

What I want to know is, when Rachel Reeves the “lesbian Worzel Gummidge” walks into a meeting of finance ministers, do they all start laughing immediately at her hair, her face, and her total lack of ideas? Or do they wait for about three minutes until they just can’t help it and they start laughing at her?

It has to be one of those two

She’s not a lesbian.

So that’s twice tonight you’ve been wrong about somebody.
    Considering he's now reposted that accusation three times, the PB lawyers might be getting a little agitated. Fortunately for Leon he is hidden behind an anonymous moniker. Imagine the shit he'd be in if Mr and Mrs Reeves discovered his true identity.
    Since when is being a lesbian defamatory?
    Another buyer's remorse candidate to join our @Leon

Jo Maugham
    @JolyonMaugham
    ·
    12h
    Who else has found life mentally harder under Labour? Because before there was hope of the things breaking us getting fixed and now there is not?
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 48,779
    edited October 13

Leon said:

Other than von Braun.
    It’s a more interesting case than the simple headlines.

Under ITAR and other rules, dual use technologies (military applications) have to be carefully guarded. Enormous fines and criminal penalties apply.

SpaceX took the approach of whole sections of the company being “inside the wall” - even janitors. This isn’t uncommon in smaller aerospace companies.

This meant that applications from asylum seekers from a number of countries went straight in the bin.
  • TimSTimS Posts: 12,307

Looking at those stats I suspect that’s a shorthand for “I don’t like jews”.
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Other than von Braun.
    Hopefully this incredible achievement by Musk will be enough to see Donald Trump over the line. I know this is a rare moment of unity on PB, but we can only pray. In the end it is up to America
    These PB moments of unity? There are like that comet.

Last seen when the Neanderthals walked the earth.

• turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 16,990

Jo Maugham
    @JolyonMaugham
    ·
    12h
    Who else has found life mentally harder under Labour? Because before there was hope of the things breaking us getting fixed and now there is not?

Maybe time to restart his frivolous and pointless good law project shit then?
    edited October 13
    Nigelb said:

viewcode said:

It has a MOE of 1%.

Just sayin'...

Most polling analysts (as opposed to pollsters) agree that MOE doesn’t mean very much if the cohort selection is flawed. And no one will know that until after the election.

This is genuinely an election that could go either way. But I agree with your gut - my cash in on Harris, too.
    Oh, I agree. When you have a Democrat-heavy Philadelphia sample finding 40%+ support for Trump, you can certainly worry the cohort selection should be filed under "Hmmmmmm......" (Biden won 92% of black voters statewide in 2020...)

• AnthonyTAnthonyT Posts: 52

Times exclusive:

Britain is ready for investment and has a “very real opportunity” to grow its economy, some of the world’s biggest banks and companies have said on the eve of a flagship summit in London.

In a letter to The Times, five of the world’s biggest banks joined private equity giants, major insurers and tech companies to say it was “time to invest in Britain”.

The banks will want the fees from the deals and from advising the insurers and tech companies. Private equity will want assets to strip after they've paid the fees to the banks. "Investment" can mean many things .....
  • Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 5,204
    MaxPB said:

TimS said:

I'd regard yourself, Casino and Marquee Mark as reasonable bellwethers for the Tory party - each quite harshly to the right wing in some respects, but not often on the side of the biggest excesses that sometimes accompany that wing of the party. You all seem to trend a bit young for Tory members though!

Sandpit would likely be in the grouping but for distance, and SeanF when he's around is a decent bellwether too.

BigG a bit too distanced from things at current and HYUFD too sui genesis.
    edited October 13

Jo Maugham
    @JolyonMaugham
    ·
    12h

Starmer clearly has...
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 43,095
    slade said:

Following the death of Salmond I have an image of a fat man with ambitions of world domination and a belief that they are an object of desire to women. Other members of the group include Trump, Johnson, Berlusconi, and Mussolini.

another arsehole pops their head out of the shite

Leon said:

Stereodog said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

COOKING TIP

I fly to Asia tomorrow

I've used my air fryer for most of my cooking for about 12 years now, since well before they were popular.

They were invented and originally marketed as a sort-of-replacement for deep fat fryers but without the fat, hence originally being marketed as good for chips and with a basket etc like a deep fat fryer, hence the name.

But yes they are really just better ovens that can cook most things conventional ovens can cook in a fraction of the time, at a fraction of the cost, and without needing to be preheated.

They are a must. An absolute must. The only time I cook in my conventional oven now is if I'm cooking something very big, or a lot of food.
    Yes. I really like cooking in an oven, but to a certain extent an air fryer is to a normal oven, what a normal oven is to an Aga. Almost all the time it is better, faster and cheaper.

I guess the question is whether you could incorporate elements of air fryer design into a full-size oven, so that you didn't need to have a separate appliance.

Matthew Taylor
    @ConfedMatthew
    ·
    1h
    I have no stake in the Conservative leadership race and the Confed does not always agree with
    @NHSEngland but I think Robert Jenrick’s call for @AmandaPritchard to be sacked is regrettable. It is inappropriate and unfair especially, as a public servant, she cannot respond.

==

Jenrick is poison on stilts. Although it is all faux I suspect. A wannabe poundshop farage.

But be my guest Tory members - give him a go for two years and then you can have another exciting contest over a long wet summer.
    Pro_Rata said:

MaxPB said:

TimS said:

I'd regard yourself, Casino and Marquee Mark as reasonable bellwethers for the Tory party - each quite harshly to the right wing in some respects, but not often on the side of the biggest excesses that sometimes accompany that wing of the party. You all seem to trend a bit young for Tory members though!

Sandpit would likely be in the grouping but for distance, and SeanF when he's around is a decent bellwether too.

BigG a bit too distanced from things at current and HYUFD too sui genesis.
    Isn't he more sui leviticus ?

Jo Maugham
    @JolyonMaugham
    ·
    12h

Maybe time to restart his frivolous and pointless good law project shit then?
    Perhaps he should beat a fox to death with an illegal weapon?

It's illegal to possess something to use as a weapon against intruders - which Our Genius stated in the famous twat he sent.
  • Leon said:

Stereodog said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

COOKING TIP

I fly to Asia tomorrow

Yes. I really like cooking in an oven, but to a certain extent an air fryer is to a normal oven, what a normal oven is to an Aga. Almost all the time it is better, faster and cheaper.

I guess the question is whether you could incorporate elements of air fryer design into a full-size oven, so that you didn't need to have a separate appliance.
    Well I suppose we've had fan assisted ovens for as long as I recall, and they make a big difference over non-fan ovens.

But air fryers are just leaps and bounds ahead of even a fan assisted oven. Why, I don't fully understand, but they clearly are.

Sausages for example are 25-30 minutes in a conventional oven, but 11 minutes is plenty in an air fryer.

I can do without a microwave, but I would not do without an air fryer nowadays.
    edited October 13
    Armed man arrested near Trump’s California rally was plotting to kill him*, police say

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/oct/13/las-vegas-man-arrested-trump-assassination-attempt-coachella-california
    A man armed with guns and false press and VIP passes was apprehended by authorities at a campaign rally in California on Saturday by Donald Trump.

The suspect, identified as Vem Miller, was intercepted by police at a checkpoint about a half-mile from an entrance to the rally in Coachella Valley, California, soon before the rally began, police said Sunday.

“We probably stopped another assassination attempt,” Riverside county sheriff Chad Bianco said, adding that Miller was plotting to kill Trump.

Police said Miller was carrying a loaded shotgun, handgun and high-capacity magazine and is believed to be a member of a rightwing anti-government organization.

He holds a UCLA master’s degree, and in 2022 ran for Nevada state assembly. Bianco said Miller considers himself a so-called sovereign citizen, a group of people who do not believe they are subject to any government statutes unless they consent to them...

*Probably - but given they released him on bail, the evidence can’t have been slam dunk.
    Nigelb said:

Armed man arrested near Trump’s California rally was plotting to kill him*, police say

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/oct/13/las-vegas-man-arrested-trump-assassination-attempt-coachella-california
    A man armed with guns and false press and VIP passes was apprehended by authorities at a campaign rally in California on Saturday by Donald Trump.

The suspect, identified as Vem Miller, was intercepted by police at a checkpoint about a half-mile from an entrance to the rally in Coachella Valley, California, soon before the rally began, police said Sunday.

“We probably stopped another assassination attempt,” Riverside county sheriff Chad Bianco said, adding that Miller was plotting to kill Trump.

Police said Miller was carrying a loaded shotgun, handgun and high-capacity magazine and is believed to be a member of a rightwing anti-government organization.

He holds a UCLA master’s degree, and in 2022 ran for Nevada state assembly. Bianco said Miller considers himself a so-called sovereign citizen, a group of people who do not believe they are subject to any government statutes unless they consent to them...

*Probably - but given they released him on bail, the evidence can’t have been slam dunk.

That’s the third sassytempt in a few weeks. Extraordinary how it has been normalised
    We have a convert.

Carol Vorderman
    @carolvorders
    ·
    9h
    I cried... I admit it.... I've never seen anything like it... to catch the #Starship rocket booster and watch the speed and altitude dials.... OMG
    Much as I loathe Musk's revolting politics, by hell that #SpaceX launch was something else

https://x.com/carolvorders/status/1845447258059219288
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

That’s the third sassytempt in a few weeks. Extraordinary how it has been normalised
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_assassination_attempts_and_plots

"Let me tell you one vairy funny story about putting. It was one day I play at Nijni-Novgorod with the pro. against Lenin and Trotsky, and Trotsky had a two-inch putt for the hole. But, just as he addresses the ball, someone in the crowd he tries to assassinate Lenin with a rewolwer—you know that is our great national sport, trying to assassinate Lenin with rewolwers—and the bang puts Trotsky off his stroke and he goes five yards past the hole, and then Lenin, who is rather shaken, you understand, he misses again himself, and we win the hole and match and I clean up three hundred and ninety-six thousand roubles, or fifteen shillings in your money. Some gameovitch!
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

yeh, but "member of a rightwing anti-government organization"?

So it 'aint commies trying to get Harris elected.
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

And another with a right-wing back story.

I mean, is Trump not fascist/authoritarian enough for these guys? What more does he have to do for them?

We have a convert.

Carol Vorderman
    @carolvorders
    ·
    9h
    I cried... I admit it.... I've never seen anything like it... to catch the #Starship rocket booster and watch the speed and altitude dials.... OMG
    Much as I loathe Musk's revolting politics, by hell that #SpaceX launch was something else

It's amazing how many people in the replies are insisting that it has sod all to do with Musk.
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 27,288
    Foxy said:

maxh said:

algarkirk said:

Regardless of the Independent's headline, who is going to win?

Badenoch is the clear favourite but personally I suspect there's still a racist tinge to the Toriy membership that will favour Jenrick.

Based on the Tory member WhatsApp groups I am a part of, Badenoch to win roughly the same amount Truss defeated Sunak.
    I'll be happy with that outcome. They're both rubbish but I would like to be proven wrong in my assessment of the Tory membership.
    Right, so they effectively don't have a choice - if they don't vote for Badenoch, it's automatically a racist (and/or sexist?) decision.
    That'll be my take; other views are freely available.
    Right, so she's been top of the polling with members for years, but if they choose another candidate now, it will confirm them all as iredeemable racists. And sexists of course, despite their last decision having been to choose a female leader. Do you not sometimes have a moment of self reflection and thinking what an idiot you're being?
    If she's been top of the membership polling* for years and yet still loses what other explanation could there be?

Anyway, why argue with me now? Once she wins I'll be happy to say, 'hurrah, I was wrong about the Tory membership being institutionally racist'. Genuinely happy.
    Because in a binary choice, with many factors, it is foolish to pick on a single difference between the candidates and highlight that in an attempt to prove that the voters are wicked. Labour have never had a leader who is female, and never had a leader who isn't white. Are the voters in Labour leadership elections racist and sexist?
    You've got this all the wrong way around.

I suspect Badenoch will lose, despite being the favourite, because I suspect large sections of the Tory membership are deeply racist (not including, as far as I can tell, any PB tory members).

That is what I suspect; I have no firm evidence, acquaintance with a few rural Tory members leads me to this suspicion. I could very well be wrong - I hope I am.

But, on a betting site, I post it as a point for consideration for those thinking of betting on the contest.
    Kemi Badenoch had every opportunity in office to prove that she wasn't just a Sunak yes-person, and that she could act effectively in the very important role she had been given. She didn't.

Post-defeat, she has had every opportunity to give the Tory Party a good idea of what direction she wants to take the party in policy-wise. She didn't, though she still does now. There's every opportunity for her even now to come up with a Kemifesto, and I hope she does.

As things stand, she hasn't done any of it, so it will be entirely understandable, given another candidate who both resigned from the Sunak Government on policy, AND has a clear policy slate now, that the Tory members don't vote for her. And it will be bugger all to do with them being racist.
    Two problems with this. One, there aren't any reasons to think that Jenrick has a set of core principles, or actually any principles at all. Two, while he wants a smaller state his analysis of how to get there is wholly lacking in substance and hard choices.
    But that's the point - he's not asking anyone to vote for his 'core principles' - he's setting out his policies very clearly and defending those policies during his interview rounds. Kemi *is* just asking everyone to vote for her on the sort of person she is, because she hasn't put any policies out there at all.

As for the smaller state, I think none of the candidates have been very forthcoming on what spending they'd cut - I'm not sure I'd expect them to.
    I'm with LuckyGuy on this - someone might well suspect the Tory membership to be institutionally racist and sexist in its choice of leader and that person might well be right, but the membership choosing Jenrick over Badenoch isn't evidence for this.

Evidence would be them never having selected a female leader, or a leader who is not white. On that score the Tories do rather better than Labour.
    The members didn't select Sunak. He was the only candidate post Trussocalypse.
    Nor did the members select Theresa May or Mrs Thatcher.
    edited October 13
    Nigelb said:

Get with the programme - they released him to get the job done next time. Damned libruls....
    Nigelb said:

Carrying an arsenal of firearms and being a member of an extremist loony cult with known violence issues isn't a crime in the US.

Even if he said some really direct stuff about murdering Trump - he can only be charged with that.

Threatening a former president or other protectee under 18 U.S.C. § 879 is a felony punishable by:

- Up to 5 years in federal prison
    - A fine of up to $250,000
    - Up to 3 years of supervised release after prison

Leon said:

Stereodog said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

COOKING TIP

I fly to Asia tomorrow

Well I suppose we've had fan assisted ovens for as long as I recall, and they make a big difference over non-fan ovens.

But air fryers are just leaps and bounds ahead of even a fan assisted oven. Why, I don't fully understand, but they clearly are.

Sausages for example are 25-30 minutes in a conventional oven, but 11 minutes is plenty in an air fryer.

I'm wondering whether the fans in ovens are like pre-Dyson hand driers, and perhaps there's a lot more that you could do, but for decades the oven manufacturers simply haven't bothered?

We have a convert.

Carol Vorderman
    @carolvorders
    ·
    9h

It's amazing how many people in the replies are insisting that it has sod all to do with Musk.
    According to multiple insiders, Musk was the one who actually suggested catching the booster. As opposed to landing it on the launch mount.
  • Leon said:

Stereodog said:

Leon said:

MaxPB said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

COOKING TIP

I fly to Asia tomorrow

I'm wondering whether the fans in ovens are like pre-Dyson hand driers, and perhaps there's a lot more that you could do, but for decades the oven manufacturers simply haven't bothered?
    I think that must be at least a big part of it.

Also I would say their smaller size is a strength as it vastly reduces the energy needed to heat them, so removing the preheat requirements.

If all you want to cook for instance is some sausages and bacon then heating an entire oven is a waste of energy versus getting the air fryer to do it, even if the oven were as efficient (which currently they're not).

Our one we use now even looks more like a conventional oven, its got 3 shelves rather than baskets etc, so can get a decent amount of food done in one go in it. Its almost always enough to do a full meal for a family of 4 for us without needing to turn on the oven.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,701
    HYUFD said:

TimS said:

Your reading of Jenrick is faulty. He sold his soul to the Devil. He will forever be remembered as an updated Chitty Chitty. Band Bang child catcher. Painting over cartoons for frightened children. What a ****!
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,701
    This is the USA, shock horror people carry weapons. I would imagine at a Trump rally, like a KKK lodge meeting everyone is tooled up.

This is the USA, shock horror people carry weapons. I would imagine at a Trump rally, like a KKK lodge meeting everyone is tooled up.
    Unless they have a threat by this guy against Trump, he’ll walk.

He’ll be on the Secret Service Fun List for life. Which will be very shitty, if he tries to get any kind of job, for instance.
  • viewcodeviewcode Posts: 21,318
    edited October 13

Jo Maugham
    @JolyonMaugham
    ·
    12h

As ever we must turn to @StatsForLefties for guidance. They have an ongoing series consisting of Otto English posting a tweet saying "It's nice isn't it? The quiet" followed by that day's stupidities from our New Labour Alien Overlords. Here is a recent example: https://nitter.poast.org/LeftieStats/status/1844407267925557533#m
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 6,012

The sheriff was being dramatic . Clearly a Trump supporter trying to elicit some sympathy for the stain on humanity . The fact the guys already out on bail shows the sheriff had embarrassed himself by his ridiculous assertions .
  • Tim_in_RuislipTim_in_Ruislip Posts: 410
    edited October 13

Matthew Taylor
    @ConfedMatthew
    ·
    1h
    I have no stake in the Conservative leadership race and the Confed does not always agree with
    @NHSEngland but I think Robert Jenrick’s call for @AmandaPritchard to be sacked is regrettable. It is inappropriate and unfair especially, as a public servant, she cannot respond.

==

Jenrick is poison on stilts. Although it is all faux I suspect. A wannabe poundshop farage.

But be my guest Tory members - give him a go for two years and then you can have another exciting contest over a long wet summer.

One of the many conditions for me voting conservative at a GE ever again is that they find a convincing way to prevent a repeat of the absurd Boris/Truss/Sunak debacle.

It was farcical.

That cannot be allowed to happen again. Not while in government.

We have a convert.

Carol Vorderman
    @carolvorders
    ·
    9h

...whilst on a platform provided by Musk, after watching television via a signal from a Musksat. The guy is a Bond villain in plain sight

• Matthew Taylor
    @ConfedMatthew
    ·
    1h

==

One of the many conditions for me voting conservative at a GE ever again is that they find a convincing way to prevent a repeat of the absurd Boris/Truss/Sunak debacle.

It was farcical.

We're a democracy, changing leader democratically based on votes happening in Parliament and who can uphold a majority in Parliament absolutely can and must be allowed to happen.

Its a strength of our system not a weakness.

When parties lose their way, the public can vote them out too. That too is a strength not a weakness.
  • Tim_in_RuislipTim_in_Ruislip Posts: 410
    edited October 13

Matthew Taylor
    @ConfedMatthew
    ·
    1h

==

It was farcical.

We're a democracy, changing leader democratically based on votes happening in Parliament and who can uphold a majority in Parliament absolutely can and must be allowed to happen.

Its a strength of our system not a weakness.

When parties lose their way, the public can vote them out too. That too is a strength not a weakness.
    Nah. Parties swiping their way through leaders in-between elections ain’t democracy, especially as nowadays parties/prime-ministerial candidates are deliberately running presidential style campaigns.

It’s taking the piss.

The mandate problem is real and too serious to ignore. It’s a weakness, not a strength.

I think whenever a new PM takes over, mid-term, they should be constitutionally forced to go to the country within 3 months.
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 6,012
    The sheriff who arrested the so called Trump suspect was affiliated with the Oath Keepers ! Is well known for being a MAGA Cult member and said it was time to put a convicted felon in the WH . And people moan about the police in the UK !
    Interesting point on CNN about party identification data:

https://x.com/ericldaugh/status/1845507080892911894

CNN analyst breaks down a major warning sign for the Kamala Harris campaign - with the nation having a GOP ADVANTAGE for the first time in many years.

2016: D+3
    2020: D+6
    NOW: R+1
    The Culture Critic on Hans Holbein's The Ambassadors

https://nitter.poast.org/Culture_Crit/status/1838658871919001693#m

A surprising amount of detail and an underlying narrative to the picture: one that is read, not merely seen.
    Sad fact from the film "All Dogs Go To Heaven" https://www.youtube.com/shorts/XuUThBPfGws
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 53,795

Leon said:

Other than von Braun.

Under ITAR and other rules, dual use technologies (military applications) have to be carefully guarded. Enormous fines and criminal penalties apply.

SpaceX took the approach of whole sections of the company being “inside the wall” - even janitors. This isn’t uncommon in smaller aerospace companies.

This meant that applications from asylum seekers from a number of countries went straight in the bin.
    Err, yeah. Perhaps one part of the US Federal government should speak to the other part of the US Federal government?

Anyone who’s not a US citizen - even British rocket scientists - finds it pretty much impossible to get a job at SpaceX or Blue Origin.

Because the US government wants to keep a really close eye on anyone with knowledge that might be useful to an enemy, and the sort of stuff they are doing with the rockets is not only commercially sensitive but also militarily sensitive. No-one wants the Russians or the Chinese to end up with any information that lets them build something so large yet also so controllable.

Some great pictures on today’s front pages!
    A man was arrested at a perimeter checkpoint and later released on bail, he appears to be someone known to many of those involved in the Trump campaign. Early days yet, but more likely to be an idiot who forgot he had left his guns in the car and/or didn’t realise police would be searching it.

Let’s hope that’s the case anyway.

https://x.com/billmelugin_/status/1845566945107792247
  • TazTaz Posts: 13,873

Times exclusive:

They’re eyeing up all that money in our pension pots.
  • TazTaz Posts: 13,873
    Slavery reparations back on the table ahead of the upcoming Commonwealth summit with David Lammy being earmarked by commonwealth leaders to work on, and secure, the sum. Anything from £206 billion to trillions based on research from academics.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/10/13/let-david-lammy-secure-reparation-caribbean-hilary-beckles/
  • edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,578

CNN analyst breaks down a major warning sign for the Kamala Harris campaign - with the nation having a GOP ADVANTAGE for the first time in many years.

2016: Both parties have a contested primary
    2020: Only D have a contested primary
    2024: Only R have a contested primary

Leon said:

Nigelb said:

And another with a right-wing back story.

I mean, is Trump not fascist/authoritarian enough for these guys? What more does he have to do for them?
    Gun nuts are going to gun nut.
    And most if them are voting for Trump.
  • edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,578
    edited October 14
    Sandpit said:

Leon said:

Other than von Braun.

Err, yeah. Perhaps one part of the US Federal government should speak to the other part of the US Federal government?

Anyone who’s not a US citizen - even British rocket scientists - finds it pretty much impossible to get a job at SpaceX or Blue Origin.

Because the US government wants to keep a really close eye on anyone with knowledge that might be useful to an enemy, and the sort of stuff they are doing with the rockets is not only commercially sensitive but also militarily sensitive. No-one wants the Russians or the Chinese to end up with any information that lets them build something so large yet also so controllable.

So the DOJ's suit says "you can totally hire non-Americans while complying with the export control regulations, just do this simple additional box-ticking". The problem is that from the point of view of the person required to tick the boxes this isn't so simple and anything involving national security requires a lot of regulatory mind-reading and if you get it wrong you might end up in jail.

Cynically the way to make a really thorough job of ticking the boxes correctly is if you hire somebody who used to work at the regulatory agency.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,400

Where was party ID in 2012?

That's a reasonable interpretation.
    Note both party registrations have actually fallen. Just that the Democrats' has fallen more.
    There's a lot more registered independent this year.

A lot of warning signs, but as yet no big moves in the polling.

I suspect this election us already decided; it's just that we won't know which was for a few weeks.

What worries me is that Trump is paying no price for his increasing embrace of outright racism and authoritarianism. Which his team are making no attempt to excuse any more. Unlike last time he won, they're fully on board with it.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 41,824
    Off-topic:

I've just logged onto an old online todo / task manager app that I used to use ten-fifteen years ago. It's a bit like looking back into my personal history and seeing some of the things I *still* haven't got around to doing... :lol:
    Taz said:

Slavery reparations back on the table ahead of the upcoming Commonwealth summit with David Lammy being earmarked by commonwealth leaders to work on, and secure, the sum. Anything from £206 billion to trillions based on research from academics.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2024/10/13/let-david-lammy-secure-reparation-caribbean-hilary-beckles/

Has no one told him about the hole in the national accounts ?

Sandpit said:

Leon said:

Other than von Braun.

So the DOJ's suit says "you can totally hire non-Americans while complying with the export control regulations, just do this simple additional box-ticking". The problem is that from the point of view of the person required to tick the boxes this isn't so simple and anything involving national security requires a lot of regulatory mind-reading and if you get it wrong you might end up in jail.

Cynically the way to make a really thorough job of ticking the boxes correctly is if you hire somebody who used to work at the regulatory agency.
    Yes, just because there’s a loophole somewhere that will, with a lot of additional paperwork, theoretically allow them to possibly hire aliens, the majority of companies in that position are going to say sod all this I’m just hiring Americans.

Especially so when one error in all that documentation can and will be used to put the manager concerned in prison, as well as potentially exposing the company to an increased risk of IP theft. Perhaps it might be justified for a superstar designer they’ve poached from a rival and who they know is already well vetted, but not for any regular employee.

The cynic in me might think it could possibly have something to do with Mr Musk coming out as Republican a few weekends before the election.
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Leon said:

Other than von Braun.

Yes, just because there’s a loophole somewhere that will, with a lot of additional paperwork, theoretically allow them to possibly hire aliens, the majority of companies in that position are going to say sod all this I’m just hiring Americans.

Especially so when one error in all that documentation can and will be used to put the manager concerned in prison, as well as potentially exposing the company to an increased risk of IP theft. Perhaps it might be justified for a superstar designer they’ve poached from a rival and who they know is already well vetted, but not for any regular employee.

The cynic in me might think it could possibly have something to do with Mr Musk coming out as Republican a few weekends before the election.
    LOL. Musk has been backing Trump and the GP agenda for many months.

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Leon said:

Other than von Braun.

Musk declared for Trump on the day the candidate was shot. 13th July. Which is actually three months ago now, how time flies!
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 27,288

Off-topic:

I've just logged onto an old online todo / task manager app that I used to use ten-fifteen years ago. It's a bit like looking back into my personal history and seeing some of the things I *still* haven't got around to doing... :lol:

Trello?

It is the start of a new working week, as across Britain we reach for our todo lists, cross out Friday and write Monday at the top.
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Leon said:

Other than von Braun.

Musk declared for Trump on the day the candidate was shot. 13th July. Which is actually three months ago now, how time flies!
    It was obvious he was a GOPper *way* before that. I wonder what deals have been done...
  • Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 59,398
    Taz said:

He's been earmarked because they know he's a mug.
  • Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 59,398

Off-topic:

I still use a pen and paper in an A5 notebook.