Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Final Survation MRP predicts a truly terrible night for the SNP – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 12,070
edited July 4 in General
Final Survation MRP predicts a truly terrible night for the SNP – politicalbetting.com

Get the data: https://t.co/mjYqCxUrZj

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 118,764
    Hey Siri.

Show me what burying the lede looks like.
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 95,075

Hey Siri.

Show me what burying the lede looks like.

Hey, a Tory collapse has been expected for some time (even if this is at upper end), an SNP collapse (rather than merely a drop) is more notable.
  • SKS's ratings do imply a Tory wipeout. But the polls except MRPs do not.

Something is up, I am not sure what yet.

Labour is set to displace the SNP as the largest party in Scotland. Our probabilistic seat count suggests Labour will win 38 of Scotland’s 57 seats, the SNP 10, Liberal Democrats 5, and Conservatives 4.

Labour within spitting distance of taking us all back to 2010.

Everyone unionist party would be happy with their haul there. I don't expect to be quite that fortunate.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 21,409
    Well played.
    I have qualms about the timing of this, does this pressage a DUP collapse on Thursday?

Sir Jeffrey Donaldson, former leader of the DUP, is to face additional historical sex offence charges in court on Wednesday.

Donaldson, 61, is expected to appear at Newry magistrates’ court for a preliminary enquiry (PE) hearing to establish if there is sufficient evidence to send him for trial.

During previous court hearings, Donaldson had faced 11 holding charges brought by police.

However, an evidence file has since been reviewed by the Public Prosecution Service (PPS) and the former DUP leader will now face 18 charges.

He will face one charge of rape, four of gross indecency and 13 charges of indecent assault. The charges span a time period between 1985 and 2008.

The previous holding charges will be withdrawn in court on Wednesday.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/07/02/former-dup-leader-sir-jeffrey-donaldson-sex-offence-charges/

If Sir Keir truly is a lucky general then Nicola Sturgeon gets charged tomorrow.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 53,817
    HUZZAH

That’s perilously close to extinction for the Tories. A fate has never been so richly deserved
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 5,961
    Sorry but the Survation MRP is tripe .

I simply don’t buy its projection especially with a likely late swing from Reform to the Tories .

Scott_xP said:

@SophyRidgeSky

Two days before the election he called - this is the PM’s message - even Rishi Sunak is conceding Labour is on course to win

@RishiSunak

Stop the supermajority. Vote Conservative on 4th July.

The most cataclysmic election campaign ever. A final pitch of "Please Don't Kill Us!!! Pleeeeeeaasse!!!!!" accompanied by the most tone deaf guff you could imagine. The denouement to the election is that its entirely self-inflicted.

Nobody forced Rishi to call this election or run this campaign or say these things. Its all on him.
    It's hard to believe things got worse after calling it looking miserable standing in the rain.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 50,751
    Diane Abbott to be leader of the opposition on these figures.
  • If Sunak is saying he wants to stop the Labour super-majority, that implies their own polling is as bad or worse than Survation.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 22,605
    Well Survation are very brave with that MRP.

If Lab get that much of a Majority with less votes than Corbyn in 2017 I will be totally shocked.

Swingback underway but far too late to save the Tories (blue ones) a terrible night.
  • JamesLJamesL Posts: 7
    I haven't commented for a long time, but I think this Survation MRP must be wrong. There is surely ample evidence of a modest tory recovery and a significant labour decline towards say 38% The gap on other polls seems to be around 15% I cannot believe that the Tories will be on 64 and my hunch is that the SNP will do much better than this poll.

I see this as an outlier - if all the stars aligned for Labour this is a conceivable option.

I am not in the habit of Eating Hats, but I would be astonished if the Tories don't get over 100 seats
  • Well Survation are very brave with that MRP.

If Lab get that much of a Majority with less votes than Corbyn in 2017 I will be totally shocked.

Swingback underway but far too late to save the Tories (blue ones) a terrible night.

Swingback on what actual evidence? Labour's ratings and SKS's continue to go up and the Tories go down. To me this just seems to be a sign of tactical voting.

I do think Labour could come somewhere between 37 and 42 however.
  • SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 39,452
    edited July 2
    I just do not buy that Survation MRP. They are going to look very foolish come Friday.

How can you rely on a survey when the polling was done over close to a three week period?

MRPs are ridiculous.
  • MisterBedfordshireMisterBedfordshire Posts: 2,252
    Chris said:

Evening all. Either Survation is employing Nostradamus or they should be the subject of a Polling industry inquiry post Friday. This prediction is so extreme as to be either incredibly brave or totally reckless.

?

The figures are derived from polling data using a mathematical model. Where do bravery and recklessness come into it?
    In daring to publish it
  • bigglesbiggles Posts: 5,727

SKS's ratings do imply a Tory wipeout. But the polls except MRPs do not.

Something is up, I am not sure what yet.

The big nationwide poll on Thursday should help clear it up.
  • JamesL said:

I haven't commented for a long time, but I think this Survation MRP must be wrong. There is surely ample evidence of a modest tory recovery and a significant labour decline towards say 38% The gap on other polls seems to be around 15% I cannot believe that the Tories will be on 64 and my hunch is that the SNP will do much better than this poll.

I see this as an outlier - if all the stars aligned for Labour this is a conceivable option.

I am not in the habit of Eating Hats, but I would be astonished if the Tories don't get over 100 seats

I completely agree with you. Come Friday ae will have the truth with no more polls thanks goodness.
  • nico679 said:

I simply don’t buy its projection especially with a likely late swing from Reform to the Tories .

Yes. It is complete garage.
  • nico679 said:

Garbage.
  • PedestrianRockPedestrianRock Posts: 578
    edited July 2
    Lots of people saying the Survation MRP is wrong simply because it looks like a big change from the previous election.

Just because it’s a big swing doesn’t mean the poll is unreliable.

Also, Survation I think have one of the best records going in recent elections.
  • nico679 said:

Another bullshit poll out the way.
  • franklynfranklyn Posts: 318
    We have had plenty of predictions; this is no a prediction but my personal wish list...what would be my perfect outcome

1. Reform 2 seats, but neither of them Farage, and the two rapidly falling out with each other
    2. SNP losing half their seats or more
    3. Conservatives under 100 but with Rishi getting home; leaving him unable to disappear to California and facing the humiliation of PMQs each week, and a squabbling ragbag behind him
    4. Significant success for the Lib Dems, certainly third party, and possibly better
    5. George Galloway losing
    6. And last but not least, success for a personal friend, Dr David Nicholl standing for the Lib Dems in Bromsgrove. A fine man who would make a superb MP
    A lot of 'this must be wrong' kind of feelign with some of these MRPs.

Which is fair, no one should just trust them uncritically and people have pointed out how the constituency level projections can miss important local context and information. I'm predicting the Tories to be somewhere between 85-115 and even I cannot quite believe they would drop as low as some of these are suggesting, especially since Labour might well dip just below 40% of the vote.

But I don't know that they will be humiliated precisely. If the Tories get 120 instead of a predicted 70 that would be a long way out, but they will be doing so badly only anoraks will notice, and next time a new tweaked methodology would get people just as excited - it's too visual and engaging to ignore.

Lots of people saying the Survation MRP is wrong simply because it looks like a big change from the previous election.

Just because it’s a big swing doesn’t mean the poll is unreliable.

Also, Survation I think have one of the best records going in recent elections.

On standard voting intention polls, this is the first time they have used a MRP for a general election.
  • DougSealDougSeal Posts: 12,527
    nico679 said:

You not buying it doesn’t mean it’s tripe. Their methodology being wrong would suggest it’s tripe but we don’t know that yet.
  • SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,729
    This looks ominous for the Tories. Once exit poll out, will be glad not to look at another poll for a couple of years atleast.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 11,697
    edited July 2
    JamesL said:

Well, the fieldwork was done between 15 June and 2 July, so on average it may represent the situation a week or two ago, and the other polls do suggest some movement since then, so it's plausible that it will overestimate Labour and Reform, and underestimate the Tories.
  • wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 9,946
    Survation is quite possible if you accept the prospect of proportional swing and proportional swing plus rather the UNS. Of course if you do accept it then any late closing of the gap equally saves a disproportionate number of seats. Fieldwork ran June 15 to yesterday
    We know in 51 hours
    In previous elections, pollsters got criticism for herding.

This year, they certainly are not herding.

We cannot then criticise pollsters as BS just because they are outside what results we consider comfortable.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,596
    An utter crock. Labour c150 too high, Tories c180 too low, LDs c20 too high, Reform c7 too high
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 17,036

nico679 said:

You mean complete farage.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 11,697

nico679 said:

Garbage.
    Complete Farage?
  • mickydroymickydroy Posts: 316
    In just over two days time we will know, this would have to be a monumental fuck up by the pollsters, for the Torys to get anywhere near a hung parliament, fwiw I still think its difficult betting wise, some constituency betting markets have Labour odds on, where they were beaten by nearly 20,000 last time, not a bet I will be taking
  • nico679 said:

I prefer house myself
  • BlancheLivermoreBlancheLivermore Posts: 5,695
    @TheScreamingEagles would love my street

Fourteen of the forty five houses on it get CAM delivered to them. I think it stands for Cambridge Alumni Magazine

There can't be many streets outside of Cambridge with that ratio of CAs
    Farooq said:

I have qualms about the timing of this, does this pressage a DUP collapse on Thursday?

Sir Jeffrey Donaldson, former leader of the DUP, is to face additional historical sex offence charges in court on Wednesday.

Donaldson, 61, is expected to appear at Newry magistrates’ court for a preliminary enquiry (PE) hearing to establish if there is sufficient evidence to send him for trial.

During previous court hearings, Donaldson had faced 11 holding charges brought by police.

However, an evidence file has since been reviewed by the Public Prosecution Service (PPS) and the former DUP leader will now face 18 charges.

He will face one charge of rape, four of gross indecency and 13 charges of indecent assault. The charges span a time period between 1985 and 2008.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/07/02/former-dup-leader-sir-jeffrey-donaldson-sex-offence-charges/

If Sir Keir truly is a lucky general then Nicola Sturgeon gets charged tomorrow.

Why qualms? The criminal justice process should proceed in a normal way completely blind to electoral events.
    Decisions should neither be brought forward nor delayed due to an election.
    Say he is found not guilty in the future and the DUP lose many seats on Thursday then I think that would be most unfair.

A delay of one week could have avoided a mess.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 41,683
    I was just thinking that this Tory government is in its last two or three days, after fourteen years. I'm often Tory-friendly, but I must admit that the thought gave me a smile.

Incidentally:

1979-1997 Conservative - ~18 years
    1997-2010 Labour - ~13 years
    2010-2024 Coalition / Conservative - ~14 years.

I think a Labour government will be in for at least three terms; not the least because the Tories will be in no position to challenge them in the next term.

An utter crock. Labour c150 too high, Tories c180 too low, LDs c20 too high, Reform c7 too high

Labour c150 too high?

Okay, if you think Labour are winning around 334 seats - bet on NOM and/or Labour 300-350 right now, and by Friday you’ll have a small fortune.
  • DougSeal said:

nico679 said:

You not buying it doesn’t mean it’s tripe. Their methodology being wrong would suggest it’s tripe but we don’t know that yet.
    Not yet. Not long to go.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 61,706
    President Biden will sit for his first interview after the debate on Friday with George Stephanopoulos of ABC News.
  • FF43 said:

nico679 said:

You mean complete farage.
    Him of course.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,596

Well Survation are very brave with that MRP.

Other than for the purposes of your inspired bet, wtf has Corbyn 2017 got to do with anything?
  • I just do not buy that Survation MRP. They are going to look very foolish come Friday.

How can you rely on a survey when the polling was done over close to a three week period?

MRPs are ridiculous.

It's an interesting point.

In 2017 the MRP did call it right when few others did.

In 2019 the first one was accurate but the second was not.

Which polls do you think are the most accurate? I haven’t seen one that implies a Tory seat total above 200?
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 77,510
    Survation's MRP is very close to their previous effort so I'm not going to bother updating for my sheet.Reform on 7 in each
  • In previous elections, pollsters got criticism for herding.

We cannot then criticise pollsters as BS just because they are outside what results we consider comfortable.

They are really full of crap this time. Or there are a lot of liars out there?

President Biden will sit for his first interview after the debate on Friday with George Stephanopoulos of ABC News.

away from the UK election fun, there has been a MASSIVE movement towards Harris on the nominee and General election markets.

I think it’s because an hour ago, a poll showed Trump 49 Harris 47 - Harris doing better than Biden against Trump - and Lloyd Doggett, a Dem member of the House calling on Biden to step down.
  • Nunu5Nunu5 Posts: 956

Based on what? Just because it hasn't happened before? Gut feeling?
  • johntjohnt Posts: 166
    I wonder why there is such disbelief on here this evening. The polls have been showing a huge Labour victory and the Lib Dem’s and the Tories being neck and neck for second place all the way through. Why are people surprised nothing has changed? The polls may be wrong of course, but pretending this is somehow a surprise is strange. It is just more of the same.

I was just thinking that this Tory government is in its last two or three days, after fourteen years. I'm often Tory-friendly, but I must admit that the thought gave me a smile.

Incidentally:

I think a Labour government will be in for at least three terms; not the least because the Tories will be in no position to challenge them in the next term.

The public do appear to be generous since the late 70s in giving parties a decent run.
  • nico679 said:

I prefer house myself
    Trance.

away from the UK election fun, there has been a MASSIVE movement towards Harris on the nominee and General election markets.

I think it’s because an hour ago, a poll showed Trump 49 Harris 47 - Harris doing better than Biden against Trump - and Lloyd Doggett, a Dem member of the House calling on Biden to step down.
    I mean, how bad could she really be? And she might really rile Trump up.

On what basis do you say that?

Labour c150 too high?

Okay, if you think Labour are winning around 334 seats - bet on NOM and/or Labour 300-350 right now, and by Friday you’ll have a small fortune.
    This has been pointed out to MP on a number of occasions…
  • BurgessianBurgessian Posts: 2,694

Survation is quite possible if you accept the prospect of proportional swing and proportional swing plus rather the UNS. Of course if you do accept it then any late closing of the gap equally saves a disproportionate number of seats. Fieldwork ran June 15 to yesterday
    We know in 51 hours

If a lot of the fieldwork was taking place during betting-gate, the absolute nadir of Tory fortunes, then I suspect it must be under-estimating where they will be on Thursday. Be amazed if Reform got 7. @Leon stands to be disappointed.
    Farooq said:

Farooq said:

Why qualms? The criminal justice process should proceed in a normal way completely blind to electoral events.
    Say he is found not guilty in the future and the DUP lose many seats on Thursday then I think that would be most unfair.

Thems the breaks. Better to emphasise that a charge does not mean guilt, and a vote for a party formerly lead by someone who is charged, or even guilty, or a crime isn't an endorsement of that crime.

And try explaining to a victim, should he be guilty, that you delayed the process to protect his party. That's would be a gross insult. No, better to proceed in a steady way that is blind to elections and trust the public to make of the process what they will. Nobody thinks voting DUP is voting for rape, even if JD is eventually convicted of that.
    I totally understand and agree with most of what you said.

The timing just *feels* wrong to me but as you said, thems the breaks.
  • RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 28,672
    Survation. SNP on, excuse me, *ten*

*giggles quietly*

I can believe it. A party confident of sweeping ANME does not choose with 2 days to go to demand fealty from Labour and LibDem voters.

Thing is, you still can't trust the constituency level data. We can all point at seats where the prediction doesn't look remotely like what is on the ground. So we know it won't be this. But even if it's *close* to this...
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 49,656
    The seat modelling in that leans very anti-Tory. The LibDems and Tories on similar seats with one over twice the votes of the other? I’d love to see that, but don’t think I will.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 22,010
    JamesL said:

Hey, welcome back!
  • WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,879
    I'm not sure that some of the 'slight Tory recovery" headlines in the Mail today will quite achieve what they're thinking, or help the Tories in the way they might have thought.

The result may just be some of their readers feeling freer to vote for Reform again, now that it doesn't look so apolocalyptic for them ; and which might in fact not be right, according to these latest polls
  • StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 16,692
    OK, we're in a bit of the graph where it's hard to know how votes convert into seats. The most relevant data points are:
    Lab 41% Con 32% LD 18% gave Lab 412 seats Con 166 seats LD 52 seats in 2001
    Lab 43% Con 31% LD 17% gave Lab 418 seats Con 165 seats LD 46 seats in 1997

The best polls for the Conservatives in the last couple of weeks have put them on 24%; the average is more like 21%.

If the blue team are getting that few votes, how many seats is it reasonable for them to expect?

The MRP outputs look bonkers, but that's in large part because the vote shares look bonkers. They're just consistent with every other bonkers poll over the last eighteen months and all the bonkers by-elections and bonkers local elections.

Which is a fair verdict on the bonkers government we have had recently.

(Talking of bonkers, the latest Rosindellgram is all about how Kahn is going to take over Romford if we don't re-elect our local MP. Which I don't think is how anything works...)
  • DougSeal said:

On what basis do you say that?
    Nothing that will convince you and the others on here who do not agree with me. It is total bollocks. Labour did not do very well in the local elections. Local elections are not like general etc. We are being lead up the garden path. The Tories will do very badly and Labour will win. Fine. 385 seats I believe they will get. 410 absolute max. Roll on Friday. If I am wrong then please remind me about my prediction. I do not buy it. 200 rural Tories seats. They may loose 85 of them. They still have some other seats in the rest of the country that they will hold and may even gain the odd one. Looking forward to the truth Friday. 150 to 160 for the Tories.
  • RochdalePioneersRochdalePioneers Posts: 28,672

nico679 said:

Bullshit poll = it can't be true it can't be true please let it not be true
  • CiceroCicero Posts: 3,012
    edited July 2
    DougSeal said:

Could those calling out polls or MRP’s as “tripe” or a “crock” please explain why you think that. You may be right but some working is needed.

Yes, I tend to agree, Show your working, as my Maths master used to say.

As you know, my forecast is drastically different from this last Survation MRP, but I am thinking.. "what if they are right though?"
  • BurgessianBurgessian Posts: 2,694
    DougSeal said:

Could those calling out polls or MRP’s as “tripe” or a “crock” please explain why you think that. You may be right but some working is needed.

The point is that this poll is not a snapshot of now. It's an aggregate of polling undertaken since mid-June. No?

If Sunak is saying he wants to stop the Labour super-majority, that implies their own polling is as bad or worse than Survation.

Yes. Exactly. Read the room. The Tories are acting like a shit party whose returns show they are about to get reamed. They're now firing out every message they can on top of "please don't kill us" in the despairing hope that something, anything, might deflect a little of the incoming. Meanwhile Sunak goes off campaigning in Tory since Alfred the Great seats.
    I've seen very little in a seat the Tories have held for 100 years. That might sound like normal behaviour, saving all resources for seats which are not so safe, except I got more attention at earlier elections when the seat was unquestionably safe as opposed to now, when many polls suggest it is in play.
  • Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 8,271
    edited July 2

I'd like to see Harris replace Biden. I think she'd beat Trump. I don't understand the antipathy towards her on here and elsewhere - it doesn't appear to be based on much except, of course, the polling. But I reckon once she was the nominee she'd quickly become more popular and would be pretty good at exposing Trump for the charlatan he is. And she'd have Biden's rather impressive team behind her, assuming he backed her.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 35,462
    At these numbers, do the official opposition have enough members to fill all the posts?
  • carnforthcarnforth Posts: 4,362

@TheScreamingEagles would love my street

Fourteen of the forty five houses on it get CAM delivered to them. I think it stands for Cambridge Alumni Magazine

There can't be many streets outside of Cambridge with that ratio of CAs

Astounding, since some won't have bothered to keep their address up to date. Haven't seen one in years here, for that reason.
    rkelk said:
    Labour lead -3% from last Techne poll?
  • nico679 said:

It is not true. It is crap.
  • Farooq said:

Farooq said:

Farooq said:

Thems the breaks. Better to emphasise that a charge does not mean guilt, and a vote for a party formerly lead by someone who is charged, or even guilty, or a crime isn't an endorsement of that crime.

And try explaining to a victim, should he be guilty, that you delayed the process to protect his party. That's would be a gross insult. No, better to proceed in a steady way that is blind to elections and trust the public to make of the process what they will. Nobody thinks voting DUP is voting for rape, even if JD is eventually convicted of that.
    I totally understand and agree with most of what you said.

The timing just *feels* wrong to me but as you said, thems the breaks.
    If it's politically motivated to announce this now, I completely agree that it's wrong.
    But the "innocent til proven guilty" thing applies in a wider context than defendants in criminal cases: assume good faith in the PPS unless you have compelling evidence to the contrary. It is possible, no doubt.
    Balanced view!
  • HeathenerHeathener Posts: 7,077

Incidentally:

Yep!
    Pulpstar said:

Survation's MRP is very close to their previous effort so I'm not going to bother updating for my sheet.Reform on 7 in each

Although things have worsened for the SNP in n Scotland
  • HeathenerHeathener Posts: 7,077

On what are you basing this eruption, may I ask? Genuine question.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 49,656
    DougSeal said:

There was a bloke on here called @eadric who, in the few weeks before lockdown, was banging on about “normalcy bias”. He generally spoke a lot of shite but if he still posted on here he would be pointing out that a lot of people on here are dismissing this poll on the basis that “it could never happen here”. I get the criticisms, I’m not a fan of the very long period in which the survey was conducted, but it is still to be taken seriously.

I wonder what happened to Eadric. Doubtless he joined a commune in Wales and is earning an honest living knitting caftans.

Yes, but he and Survation are spoiling our election night. We want to be surprised on the upside.
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 21,885

It is very confusing when you keep jumping between your real self and this persona.
    Scott_xP said:

At these numbers, do the official opposition have enough members to fill all the posts?

The LDs show the way, you only need a dozen to fill out necessary posts in opposition, the rest is just titles for titles sake to look important.
  • El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 4,238
    IanB2 said:

The seat modelling in that leans very anti-Tory. The LibDems and Tories on similar seats with one over twice the votes of the other? I’d love to see that, but don’t think I will.

The logic is that (a) the LibDems are more ruthless with their targetting (b) no-one is voting tactically for the Conservatives.

I think both are true but not necessarily to the extent that Survation is implying here.
    edited July 2
    I note Sunak thinks a hung parliament is close so I presume noone needs to vote tactically anti-Labour now to prevent the supermajority who otherwise wasn't going to. A big relief for whoever suggested that
  • rkelkrkelk Posts: 19
    GIN1138 said:

rkelk said:
    Labour lead -3% from last Techne poll?
    Yes. Labour down one. Tories up 2.
  • StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 16,692
    kle4 said:

Incidentally:

The public do appear to be generous since the late 70s in giving parties a decent run.
    How far back does the "we've just lost an election, so we are going to go mad with self-indulgence for a bit" tradition go?

We saw it a bit with Labour in 2010, before they went all-in in 2015.
    The Conservatives really shouldn't have been let out in public from 1997 to about 2003.
    Labour went off the deep end when they elected Foot in 1980.

Before that, I don't know. Rather sporting of the departing government to give their replacement a free run next time.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,552
    I remember when Osborne or Cameron said to much scoffing from those that follow polls that they thought they’d get a majority in 2015. While unlikely, it’s not completely completely inconceivable that there may be a huge shock coming Thursday night and it is more like hung parliament territory.
  • spudgfshspudgfsh Posts: 1,450

Incidentally:

how ling Labour have in power depends on who they choose as leader over the next two, three or four parliaments....
  • MisterBedfordshireMisterBedfordshire Posts: 2,252
    Tory 307 seats.
    Labour 255
    Lib Dems 59.
    Rest 29.
    moonshine said:

I remember when Osborne or Cameron said to much scoffing from those that follow polls that they thought they’d get a majority in 2015. While unlikely, it’s not completely completely inconceivable that there may be a huge shock coming Thursday night and it is more like hung parliament territory.

If that happens every single opinion pollster should just pack up and go home and we never hear anything from any of them ever again! :D
  • wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 9,946
    Techne is 40, 21, 16, 11, 6 by the looks meaning that their final call is a 3.5% swing Lab to Con over the campaign first poll to last (45 19 to 40 21), others very similar to first call, reform up a couple, LD down 1, Green up 1
  • Daveyboy1961Daveyboy1961 Posts: 3,722

Tory 307 seats.
    Labour 255
    Lib Dems 59.
    Rest 29.

just like 2010?
  • ChameleonChameleon Posts: 4,264

nico679 said:

It is not true. It is crap.
    Put your money where your mouth is then. Amazing odds available.

All evidence says that the Tories are going to get trounced beyond even the worst fears a month ago, and will be lucky to get 100 seats.
  • Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 32,230
    What interests me particularly in this MRP are the 95% ranges.

Labour 447 - 517
    Tory 34!! - 99
    Lib Dems 49 - 73
    Reform 1 - 16

There is a lot of scope for things to be even worse than we could ever have imagined for the Tories if they are unlucky in some of those seats.
    moonshine said:

Of course shocks are possible, no one would deny a possibility, but even assuming all of the pollsters are just clueless this time, do we really think the circumstances are there to get us to a hung parliament territory? Labour vote failing to show up, Reform nowhere, Tories holding up far better than they are acting like it is, all of it?
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 61,706

Sam Freedman
    @Samfr
    ·
    46m
    Looking at the probabilities this MRP has a 47% chance of Ed Davey being LOTO.

https://x.com/Samfr/status/1808199513028678140
This discussion has been closed.