Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

This looks massive – politicalbetting.com

12346»

Comments

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,930

Andy_JS said:

I must say, talking theoretically, that I wouldn't be happy if I was being investigated for fraud and the police set up one of those tents outside my house.

David Herdson had the best comment (on Twitter):

'I know in politics it's common to say that "X knows where the bodies are buried" but for the benefit of Police Scotland, it's just a metaphor.'
    :D
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,363
    Nigelb said:

I thought "Brandon Johnson" was some kind of new meme.

Actually he's just been elected Mayor of Chicago.

Let’s go Brandon.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,079
    Scott_xP said:

@ConnorGillies
    NEW: Detectives seen with a spade & garden equipment in the rear garden of Peter Murrell and Nicola Sturgeon’s Glasgow home.

Officers spotted with blue tarpaulin sheets, a stills camera and laptop as they examine the area around the garage.

Rolling coverage @SkyNews

Whatever crime may or may not have been committed there's surely no way they would be stupid enough to bury something in their back garden. I think the police may be trolling us.

"Just moving some stuff out the way, folks"
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154

Bugger me, those Finnish Christmas trees pack a punch!

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1643337284102619137

Their M270s?
    Or a bloke with a big bag of rockets....
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@ConnorGillies
    NEW: Detectives seen with a spade & garden equipment in the rear garden of Peter Murrell and Nicola Sturgeon’s Glasgow home.

Officers spotted with blue tarpaulin sheets, a stills camera and laptop as they examine the area around the garage.

Repeated point of order. Whilst we can report on observed facts - such as polis going at it with shovels - we need to be careful not to speculate on *why". Contempt of Court risk goes live in Scotland once an arrest has been made.

Much easier to point and laugh at the political shitstorm now enveloping the SNP than provide a running commentary which may slip into x did y speculation. For OGH's sake.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,246
    @STVNews
    Alex Salmond, said he was 'very sad' about the situation surrounding the SNP following a police probe into the party's finances. i.stv.tv/40GH78v
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,477

Honestly, dentists are one rung above terrorists in the evil stakes.

Had an hour long appointment, I'd rant more about evil dentists but I need to speak to somebody about remortgaging my house so I can pay for the dental treatment needed.

What was it @Dura_Ace said the other day? 'If Mrs DA wishes to render someone unconscious, she tells them what their bill is going to be.'
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,665
    edited April 2023
    Nigelb said:

Foss said:

Nigelb said:

Regarding the next NATO sec gen, national scores to date are as follows (ignoring a 15 day temporary incumbency).

Netherlands 3
    Italy 3
    UK 3
    Belgium 2
    Germany 1
    Denmark 1
    Norway 1

I reckon Germany might think they're due another crack as they ramp up defence spending. But who, other than VdL, is there ?

There's a distinct lack of Eastern Europe there.
    There is.
    Though most of them were on the red team for much of NATO's history.
    That's nothing.

In the early days of the US nuclear weapon sharing program, a part of it involved German Airforce fighter bombers on alert, carrying US nuclear weapons. The idea was the planes would remain on the ground, with the weapons in nominal US control, unless the ballon went up. So the planes sat on the tarmac, pilot in the cockpit, with a US officer or 2 on the ground next to the plane.

On one occasion, the US ground officer describes getting chatting to the German pilot, who was wearing an Iron Cross. Turned out the German pilot had shot him down in WWII...
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,788

MattW said:

Sandpit said:

TimS said:

ydoethur said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

It was however, a *really* good insight into the EU thinking at the time, when they thought the UK had managed to find a massive competitive advantage.

No, it was just panic in response to criticism that they had screwed up their procurement and were slow to start their rollout (which they were, although it didn't make too much difference in the end, since once they got going, they did very well).
    Yes, they panicked and tried to abrogate an international treaty, because they thought it would make them look bad for a few weeks.

This is who you want running NATO?
    Who said I want her running NATO? I'm just pointing out that her record overall is quite good, and that the vaccine misstep will have zero, literally zero, salience amongst those who make the decision.
    So she generally had a good record, but the one time where her organisation was at the point where there was a massive emergency, and all the chips were down, she pressed the big red button?
    Don't like UvdL but isn't that for the President and other government leaders, not the Secretary, to decide? So it is a bit of a red herring.
    And she didn't actually press the red button, she threatened to. Quite useful for NATO SG.
    She pressed it, and then walked it back hours and days later. That doesn’t work with *the* big red button.
    "UVDL's record as quite a good one" is a rather large claim if you followed her career history through the Merkel administration.
    Fully appreciative that UVDL’s career prior to Commission President is one of continually failing upwards, but she does actually seem to have landed in a role that she’s actually been quite good at. I guess by the law of averages it has to happen now and again.

She’s (err.. to borrow a phrase) surprised on the upside?
    Hmmm. I guess if there is a consensus across NATO that will mean something.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,607

Leon said:

Wings Over Scotland is crowing and gloating. And when you read his latest blogpost, you can see why

https://wingsoverscotland.com/lipstick-on-your-collar/#more-136790

It's really worrying that nobody in the profession of journalism in Scotland had the balls to go against the SNP. Not even when half the Committee having oversight of the books resigned - over two years back, note - because, er, they weren't allowed to see the books.

You look at this and think: would you bring your business, your inward investment, your jobs to Scotland? Nah... Banana republics have more scruples than what has been happening in Scotland for the past decade or more.
    Yes indeed. While it is hilarious to see the SNP implode, it is also tragic for Scotland that the Scots are governed by this corrupt bunch of wankers, and that the SNP is so hegemonic it has cowed the local media - and many other parts of Scottish society - into silence and acquiescence. As we see here

The best thing for Scotland - never mind indy - is that the Nats get booted out of power entirely. They need to learn humility and probity in Opposition. Ditto the Tories, of course, even if I am growing fond of Rishi
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@STVNews
    Alex Salmond, said he was 'very sad' about the situation surrounding the SNP following a police probe into the party's finances. i.stv.tv/40GH78v

Crying with laughter sadness?
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@STVNews

That is an unusual way to spell "Rolling on the ground, nearly helpless with laughter".
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,903
    edited April 2023
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Regarding the next NATO sec gen, national scores to date are as follows (ignoring a 15 day temporary incumbency).

Netherlands 3
    Italy 3
    UK 3
    Belgium 2
    Germany 1
    Denmark 1
    Norway 1

I reckon Germany might think they're due another crack as they ramp up defence spending. But who, other than VdL, is there ?

Radek Sikorski, the ex Polish Foreign Minister, might be in the running. Poland deserves the job, given what an effort they are making re Ukraine and Russia
    Possibly - though I think Poland is perhaps too much on the frontline to get the gig now.
    And also the current government *really* doesn't like Sikorski, either.

Either he or Tusk might be candidates next time round. Or in government again.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@ConnorGillies

The police have brought a roller too???
  • Options
    FossFoss Posts: 694
    edited April 2023
    Nigelb said:

Foss said:

Nigelb said:

Netherlands 3
    Italy 3
    UK 3
    Belgium 2
    Germany 1
    Denmark 1
    Norway 1

There's a distinct lack of Eastern Europe there.
    There is.
    Though most of them were on the red team for much of NATO's history.
    We're about half a decade away from Poland having spent more time outside of the Warsaw Pact than in it.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@STVNews

Pity I'm not at home - suspect if I popped over the hill that he will be having a big party in his garden next to the YES sign which is now attached to the tree to get around the planning hooey.
  • Options

China backing away from Russia?

"⚡️China's ambassador to EU: ‘No limit’ friendship with Moscow ‘nothing but rhetoric.’

China’s Ambassador to the European Union Fu Cong downplayed the Russo-Chinese partnership in an interview with the New York Times on April 5."

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1643613447928651776

No limit friendship doesn't mean their wallet will always be without limit either.

Just trying to keep everyone on their toes I assume.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

@ConnorGillies

Repeated point of order. Whilst we can report on observed facts - such as polis going at it with shovels - we need to be careful not to speculate on *why". Contempt of Court risk goes live in Scotland once an arrest has been made.

Much easier to point and laugh at the political shitstorm now enveloping the SNP than provide a running commentary which may slip into x did y speculation. For OGH's sake.
    Apologies.
    I withdraw my Parmesan comment.
  • Options

Their M270s?
    This is, essentially, what an M270 is.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,005
    Scott_xP said:

@STVNews

Was he laughing as he said it?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Scott_xP said:

@STVNews

If so, he kept a remarkably straight face.
    He actually just looked genuinely pissed off about the whole thing. Which is entirely possible given the now likely near term prospects for independence.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Scott_xP said:

@STVNews

He actually just looked genuinely pissed off about the whole thing. Which is entirely possible given the now likely near term prospects for independence.
    I saw strongly mixed emotions. Glee and schadenfreude at the downfall of Los Sturgeons (and who can blame him) but genuine regret at the grave damage to indy as a cause
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Scott_xP said:

@ConnorGillies

Apologies.
    TBF it was a bit cheesy anyway.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,328

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

I must say, talking theoretically, that I wouldn't be happy if I was being investigated for fraud and the police set up one of those tents outside my house.

'I know in politics it's common to say that "X knows where the bodies are buried" but for the benefit of Police Scotland, it's just a metaphor.'
    That's jolly good. It's a shame he stopped posting here. Was there any reason why, or did he just get bored?
    Likely driven off by the hate mob like so many have been. Herdson. Meeks. Tim. Charles. Horse. Amongst others
    Don’t forget poor, put upon SeanT
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,607
    Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Scott_xP said:

@STVNews

What's the appropriate Scots idiom for "you were only supposed to blow the bloody doors off"?
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Scott_xP said:

@ConnorGillies

Apologies.
    We could all speculate as to why Scot Squad may have started digging the garden. But the legal big cheese says no.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Nigelb said:

Scott_xP said:

@ConnorGillies

Apologies.
    TBF it was a bit cheesy anyway.
    Grating, even.
  • Options

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

That's jolly good. It's a shame he stopped posting here. Was there any reason why, or did he just get bored?
    Likely driven off by the hate mob like so many have been. Herdson. Meeks. Tim. Charles. Horse. Amongst others
    I felt a great disturbance in the Farce, as if millions of SeanTs suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something sensible has happened.
  • Options

Their M270s?
    With a range of 300km, the M270 can hit St Petersburg from a hundred clicks inside Finland.

Good job for Putin they'll never be in NATO.

Oh. Yesterday, you say?
  • Options

Their M270s?
    With a range of 300km, the M270 can hit St Petersburg from a hundred clicks inside Finland.

Good job for Putin they'll never be in NATO.

Oh. Yesterday, you say?
    Precisely. A special way to say hi.

{The ghost of Simo Häyhä has entered the chat}
  • Options
    BurgessianBurgessian Posts: 2,466
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

Scott_xP said:

@STVNews

I saw strongly mixed emotions. Glee and schadenfreude at the downfall of Los Sturgeons (and who can blame him) but genuine regret at the grave damage to indy as a cause
    Having been the "continuity candidate " looking a little less than optimal for Humza now.
  • Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,681
    City of Chicago, Mayoral Runoff 2023

with estimated 91% of final vote reported:

Brandon Johnson
    286,647 51.4% (+29.8% compared to Feb 28 election)
    Paul Vallas
    270,775 48.6% (+15.7%)
    Total reported
    557,422 35% voter turnout (Feb turnout 567k = 35.7%)

• Options
    @alextomo
    Police searching garden at Peter Murrell and Nicola Sturgeon’s home. They bagged up several objects from this area.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,799
    Stonewall thrown over by Starmer:

Labour has welcomed a review of whether the Equality Act should be changed to introduce explicit legal protections for biological women in same-sex spaces.

In a further sign of Sir Keir Starmer’s determination to appeal to women’s rights campaigners within his party, a Labour spokesman said: “Clarification is a good thing. We will look closely at what’s brought forward.”

Kemi Badenoch, the women and equalities minister, yesterday asked the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) to consider the “benefits or otherwise” of placing a biological definition of sex in the Equality Act.

She said that the need had become more pressing after moves in Scotland to try to make it easier for transgender people to gain legal recognition, which the UK government argued was at odds with equality laws applying across the four nations.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/1672ef7e-d3a0-11ed-b5c3-54651fc826e9?shareToken=1bc84739acd4eba8160159348ee72610
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@alextomo
    Police searching garden at Peter Murrell and Nicola Sturgeon’s home. They bagged up several objects from this area.

Well, those clumps of snowdrops needing splitting up.....
  • Options
    Ha!

@NicolaSturgeon
    20 Oct 2022
    There are no words to describe this utter shambles adequately. It’s beyond hyperbole - & parody.
    Reality tho is that ordinary people are paying the price.
    The interests of the Tory party should concern no-one right now.
    A General Election is now a democratic imperative.
  • Options

Nigelb said:

Scott_xP said:

@ConnorGillies

Apologies.
    We could all speculate as to why Scot Squad may have started digging the garden. But the legal big cheese says no.
    They are also examining the Sturgeons' BBQ. Seriously

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-search-garden-bbq-nicola-29638090?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Ha!

@NicolaSturgeon
    20 Oct 2022
    There are no words to describe this utter shambles adequately. It’s beyond hyperbole - & parody.
    Reality tho is that ordinary people are paying the price.
    The interests of the Tory party should concern no-one right now.
    A General Election is now a democratic imperative.

That was right then, and is right now.
  • Options

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

At the moment he is annoying Spectator readers by admitting there are very few "tangible" Brexit benefits

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/hola-heres-the-first-brexit-benefit/
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,857
    Scott_xP said:

@alextomo

The curse of Herdsondamus has struck.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@alextomo

:open_mouth:

And people think Donald's got problems...
  • Options
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Scott_xP said:

@ConnorGillies

Apologies.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/police-search-garden-bbq-nicola-29638090?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
    Getting ready to give Murrell a grilling?
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,211
    Lol:

• Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,809
    Genuine question. Does Scottish contempt laws apply across the whole of the UK or just Scotland? Not that I have anything interesting to say on this, (or anything else for that matter...) but was just wondering.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Aerial footage of chez Sturgeon

I'm currently on the scene collecting aerial footage as the Uddingston home of Peter Murrell and Nicola Sturgeon is being searched by Police Scotland. Officers are currently searching the house, photographing items and moving some to a tent in the garden. #petermurrell [VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/geoallison/status/1643577168788684801?s=20

Be digging up the garden next.
    Another correct call by @malcolmg

Why are Police Scotland not asking his advice on what to look for?
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,694

Had an hour long appointment, I'd rant more about evil dentists but I need to speak to somebody about remortgaging my house so I can pay for the dental treatment needed.

I've agreed sedation with mine.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,809
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Scott_xP said:

@ConnorGillies

Apologies.

Why am I suddenly remembering a certain scene from Murder on the Orient Express...
  • Options
    CatMan said:

Genuine question. Does Scottish contempt laws apply across the whole of the UK or just Scotland? Not that I have anything interesting to say on this, (or anything else for that matter...) but was just wondering.

An interesting question. Superinjunctions not applying in Scotland would suggest not, but for OGH's sake I don't think we necessarily want to find out.
  • Options
    . . . and to the north of the Windy City . . .

WISCONSIN STATE SUPREME COURT
    > with estimated 95% of votes counted:

Janet Protasiewicz [liberal]
    1,021,371 55.5%
    Daniel Kelly [conservative]
    818,286 44.5%
    Total reported

NPR.com - For the first time in 15 years, liberals win control of the Wisconsin Supreme CourtFor the first time in 15 years, liberals win control of the Wisconsin Supreme Court

Democrats have scored a major off-year election victory in Wisconsin, winning the state's open supreme court seat and flipping control of the court to liberals for the first time in 15 years.

Milwaukee County Judge Janet Protasiewicz won the hotly contested race for the Wisconsin Supreme Court, according to a race call by The Associated Press, defeating former state Supreme Court Justice Dan Kelly. Spending in the campaign shattered the previous national record for a state supreme court election.

The win by Protasiewicz comes at a pivotal time for the court, and for the Democratic voters who carried her to office. Justices are all but certain to hear a challenge to Wisconsin's pre-Civil War abortion ban, and with a liberal majority, they're likely to consider a lawsuit that could overturn Wisconsin's Republican-drawn legislative maps.

Barring the unexpected, the victory also assures that liberals will hold a majority on the court ahead of next year's presidential election, when Wisconsin — the perennial swing state — is expected to again be pivotal in the race for the White House. If election lawsuits are filed in state court, Protasiewicz will be one of the seven justices who have the final say. . . .

https://www.npr.org/2023/04/04/1167815077/wisconsin-supreme-court-election-results-abortion-voting-protasiewicz-kelly
  • Options
    Is it actually possible that Murrell was stupid enough to burn and bury incriminating documents?

That would surely be the only reason to dig up the garden and examine the BBQ

Hilarious. There are lots of Nits on Twitter speculating that this is all an MI5 hit job, with the police action as theatre
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,142
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Scott_xP said:

@ConnorGillies

Apologies.

There's an episode of Breaking Bad where -

No. I'd better not say that.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

I'm currently on the scene collecting aerial footage as the Uddingston home of Peter Murrell and Nicola Sturgeon is being searched by Police Scotland. Officers are currently searching the house, photographing items and moving some to a tent in the garden. #petermurrell [VIDEO]

Who said they aren't?
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 4,028

Leon said:

Wings Over Scotland is crowing and gloating. And when you read his latest blogpost, you can see why

It's really worrying that nobody in the profession of journalism in Scotland had the balls to go against the SNP. Not even when half the Committee having oversight of the books resigned - over two years back, note - because, er, they weren't allowed to see the books.

You look at this and think: would you bring your business, your inward investment, your jobs to Scotland? Nah... Banana republics have more scruples than what has been happening in Scotland for the past decade or more.
    Scotland doesn’t have a profession of journalism. We have a bunch of idiots who know nothing that they aren’t told in the lodge or via a press release.
  • Options
    I assume that Ms Forbes is the heir apparent. She has the backing of just under half the remaining SNP members. She has been strident in her criticisms of the Sturgeon clique and their ineptitude. And Yousless handcuffed himself to the sinking ship so that he could enjoy his week as First Minister.

So, McDragnet now hauling objects out of the Sturgeon garden. Other raids at SNP HQ and elsewhere. Ready made for Kate - the SNP version of Dolores Umbridge - to go "ahem" and offer the membership the ability to neatly step away from the smell and get on with trying to remain in government?
  • Options

ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

Who said they aren't?
    What do the Murrells say to the God of Anger?

Well, it's clearly not 'not today...'
  • Options
    Leon said:

Is it actually possible that Murrell was stupid enough to burn and bury incriminating documents?

Hilarious. There are lots of Nits on Twitter speculating that this is all an MI5 hit job, with the police action as theatre

Careful now...
  • Options

I assume that Ms Forbes is the heir apparent. She has the backing of just under half the remaining SNP members. She has been strident in her criticisms of the Sturgeon clique and their ineptitude. And Yousless handcuffed himself to the sinking ship so that he could enjoy his week as First Minister.

So, McDragnet now hauling objects out of the Sturgeon garden. Other raids at SNP HQ and elsewhere. Ready made for Kate - the SNP version of Dolores Umbridge - to go "ahem" and offer the membership the ability to neatly step away from the smell and get on with trying to remain in government?

Correction - McFriday. As in, Jock McFriday.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

@STVNews

That is an unusual way to spell "Rolling on the ground, nearly helpless with laughter".
    Alex Salmond has watched the party he built up from a minority to the main party in his country being destroyed by his successor, who tried to destroy him. Whatever you think of him as a person, and whatever you think of his cause, I doubt he will be laughing.
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Yes, it obviously has to be Forbes. That is the only way back for the Nats. But they probably need to lose at Westminster and Holyrood so she can rebuild them in opposition. Only defeat can take away the stink of corruption. They can't simply stay in power with another new leader

But once that is done, she is ideal. Obviously honest, not afraid to critique the party, intelligent and articulate. I can see her winning big in the late 2020s and then doing a renewed push for indy in the early 2030s
  • Options
    We certainly have a new contender for the title of Europe's Most Corrupt Political Party.

Previously, the DUP, Sinn Fein, Fianna Fail, Les Republicains, FPO, and Forza Italia were the runners, but it looks as if they have been overhauled.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

Who said they aren't?
    Has anyone ever seen Malc and Rev. Stuart Campbell in the same room at the same time?
  • Options

Leon said:

Careful now...
    I presume we are allowed to speculate on POSSIBLE reasons the police are doing what we can actually see them doing? It's hardly prejudicing a future trial or whatever

However, if that remark did overstep any line, mods please feel free to delete
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

We certainly have a new contender for the title of Europe's Most Corrupt Political Party.

Previously, the DUP, Sinn Fein, Fianna Fail, Les Republicains, FPO, and Forza Italia were the runners, but it looks as if they have been overhauled.

Do corrupt Scottish politicians do porage?
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

I wouldn't quite put the SNP in the same bracket of Sinn Fein/IRA given all the murders, kidnappings, beatings and terrorist outrages they got up to.

Although given the scene outside Nicola's house right now...
  • Options
    Is it the effect of the anaesthetic or are the police really digging up Sturgeon's garden?
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

@STVNews

Alex Salmond has watched the party he built up from a minority to the main party in his country being destroyed by his successor, who tried to destroy him. Whatever you think of him as a person, and whatever you think of his cause, I doubt he will be laughing.
    Then again, Sturgeon burned his career down in the most public way possible. And he nearly went to prison over it.
  • Options

I've agreed sedation with mine.
    Is that wise? Surely you want him as wide awake as possible when he drills?
    "Is it safe ?"
  • Options

Is it the effect of the anaesthetic or are the police really digging up Sturgeon's garden?

Yes, they are looking for Donald Trump's sense of probity.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Sean_F said:

Do corrupt Scottish politicians do porage?
    porage to encourage les autres?
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    Sean_F said:

thats unfair you left out PASOK, Parti Socialiste, and anyone Belgian
  • Options

Or Malcolm's turnips.
  • Options

Dig deep.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Ray: Don't know any Belgium jokes, and if I did I think I'd have the good sense not to... hang on. Is Belgium with all those child abuse murders lately? I do know a Belgium joke. What's Belgium famous for? Chocolates and child abuse, and they only invented the chocolates to get to the kids. [sees Chloe's shocked expression] What?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Dig deep.
    I wouldn't be bothering to dig at all. Waste of time.
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,607
    Leon said:

Yes, it obviously has to be Forbes. That is the only way back for the Nats. But they probably need to lose at Westminster and Holyrood so she can rebuild them in opposition. Only defeat can take away the stink of corruption. They can't simply stay in power with another new leader

But once that is done, she is ideal. Obviously honest, not afraid to critique the party, intelligent and articulate. I can see her winning big in the late 2020s and then doing a renewed push for indy in the early 2030s
    Forbes has got two tricky challenges though. One is the what did she know / when did she know it / what should she have known issue. There may be answers but they need to be good ones.

The other is similar to the challenge the Conservatives have. They're currently waiting out their appointment with the electorate (no anaesthetic supplied). Even though both the Conservatives and SNP might be happier beginning to rebuild in opposition right now, they have to endure the fag end phase first.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Careful now...
    I presume we are allowed to speculate on POSSIBLE reasons the police are doing what we can actually see them doing? It's hardly prejudicing a future trial or whatever

However, if that remark did overstep any line, mods please feel free to delete
    As I understand it, @DavidL and his friends are shit hot when it comes to potential contempt. Which become active on arrest in Scotland (so this morning).

My mind may boggle about WTAFF they are in the garden with shovels. But best not speculate about it on here until David gets off work and can advise on where the line is we can toe.

Whilst I doubt that Twitter posters will get in trouble over it, that hashtag which is trending is unfortunate...
  • Options

They are not. It is all a figment of your drug-addled imagination.
  • Options
    NerysHughesNerysHughes Posts: 3,351
    kle4 said:

Scott_xP said:

@ConnorGillies

Whatever crime may or may not have been committed there's surely no way they would be stupid enough to bury something in their back garden. I think the police may be trolling us.

"Just moving some stuff out the way, folks"
    It is certainly a very strange development, why would the police think something is buried in the garden without some form of tip off.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

My apologies to all of them.
  • Options
    Human remains have been found buried at an address in Scotland, according to Police Scotland.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,371
    edited April 2023

Talking of @david_herdson I entirely agree with. Anything that can be done to get around the Tory attempt to gerrymander the election is a Good Thing

https://twitter.com/DavidHerdson/status/1643627875990491138

Don't you think we should get "Citizen cards" removed from the approved ID list? Conservative party membership cards should be all the ID anyone needs.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,139
    Sandpit said:

malcolmg said:

Sandpit said:

It was reported earlier that Mrs Murrell left the family home shortly before the raid this morning.

Question: does she, as a former First Minster, enjoy police security in the same way that a former Prime Minister of the UK would enjoy?

Someone would have given her the nod for certain , doubt she has any secuity though.
    It was a genuine question. UK PMs, Foreign Secretaries, and Home Secretaries, are destined for life to have polis follow them around. John Major still has a security detail. It’s been stood down somewhat since the IRA were active, but it’s very much still there.
    Yes, I do not believe they get any security when out of office.
  • Options

Leon said:

She gave them millions to keep them afloat
  • Options
    Pagan2 said:

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Horse wasn't driven off he was banned for dropping the C bomb again
    No and neither were the others, must be snowflakes if they cannot take the cut and thrust of debate.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

@alextomo

Well, those clumps of snowdrops needing splitting up.....
    Maybe Magpies
  • Options

ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

Who said they aren't?
    Has anyone ever seen Malc and Rev. Stuart Campbell in the same room at the same time?
    @Fairliered Too far Fairlie, I am a handsome Dude
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,488
    My timing on moving to Ireland may have been poor.
This discussion has been closed.