Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » UKIP move up in tonight’s phone polls while the Tories slip

Comments

• Options
    Hugh said:

rogerh said:

hucks67 said:

Danny565 said:

I have now officially resigned myself to a Tory majority government.

I doubt Labour will be making (m)any gains at all outside of London.

For that to happen the Tories would need to achieve 38% of the vote, with Labour nearer to 30%.

Labour are doing better in the marginals than the current polling average. There are quite a lot of people in parts of the country who are not sharing in this 3% growth the country is experiencing. Public sector workers might not be keen on keeping the Tories in government.

If I were putting bets on, it would be Labour in the 290-320 range, with the Tories 250-280 range. Lib Dems will hold more seats than currently predicted, due to the fortress strategy, with I reckon about 30-35 retained. UKIP may win a handful of seats. SNP will take a handful of seats from Labour, but Labour may gain a couple from Lib Dems in Scotland.

I think "SNP will take handful of seats from Labour " is dramatic understimate of lokely SNP success try in the range 20-30 gains.

SNP are on a roll, but the maths in Labour seats works against them. Big gains are not lokely.
    are we doing tonight's posts in West Carntree accents?
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    edited October 2014
    Curtice said there are only 3 seats where the SNP is less than 20% behind Labour.

Surprised serious commentators haven't picked up on this.

Curtice said the point is there is a large segment of people who vote SNP in Scottish elections but will go Labour in a GE.

Presumably they do this on the basis that the Government will be Lab or Con - and they massively favour Lab.
  • Options
    HughHugh Posts: 955

Hugh said:

rogerh said:

hucks67 said:

Danny565 said:

For that to happen the Tories would need to achieve 38% of the vote, with Labour nearer to 30%.

Labour are doing better in the marginals than the current polling average. There are quite a lot of people in parts of the country who are not sharing in this 3% growth the country is experiencing. Public sector workers might not be keen on keeping the Tories in government.

If I were putting bets on, it would be Labour in the 290-320 range, with the Tories 250-280 range. Lib Dems will hold more seats than currently predicted, due to the fortress strategy, with I reckon about 30-35 retained. UKIP may win a handful of seats. SNP will take a handful of seats from Labour, but Labour may gain a couple from Lib Dems in Scotland.

I think "SNP will take handful of seats from Labour " is dramatic understimate of lokely SNP success try in the range 20-30 gains.

SNP are on a roll, but the maths in Labour seats works against them. Big gains are not lokely.
    are we doing tonight's posts in West Carntree accents?
    Oi be voting Ukarrp.
  • Options
    One of the very best free anti-malware software programs is: Malwarebytes.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

RodCrosby said:

Sky: Plane from Dubai quarantined at Logan Airport, after at least five passengers start vomiting...

It was probably the salmon mousse.
    Well that's cast rather a gloom over the evening hasn't it?
  • Options
    It's getting a bit tiresome, YouGov being late every night. If anyone at the Sun is reading, can we please return to the system of its appearing at 2155 on the dot. Cheers
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,336

I'm having trouble getting comments below the lead article with Firefox. Works fine with Explorer. Any idea what I should do?

On the other and, Explorer features an advert which looks awfully like a virus, called "Important message - A required driver is missing", with a "fix now" button. I'm sure it's OK, but I'm not clicking on it...

That'll be malware, Nick. Don't click on it.
    Yes. Hmm. Wonder why I'm getting it as an advert.

Also Firefox, has been hanging twice running now (when I try to kill it with ctrl-alt-del it's not listed, but when I try to start it, it says it's already running). Wonder if I've acquired a bug,

• Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    The "Trojan Horse” affair in Birmingham was merely the “tip of the iceberg” of Islamist infiltration in British schools, according to the man appointed by the Government to investigate the scandal.

He strongly disputed a statement made two weeks ago by Nicky Morgan, the new Education Secretary, that ministers had “got to the bottom of the issue”. Asked if he agreed with the claim, made on BBC Radio WM, Mr Clarke said: “Of course the Government hasn’t got to the bottom of the Trojan Horse affair, nowhere near it.

“You haven’t got to the bottom of it until you’ve proved or disproved whether there is something similar happening elsewhere [outside Birmingham].

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/11157116/Trojan-Horse-just-the-tip-of-the-iceberg.html
  • Options

It's getting a bit tiresome, YouGov being late every night. If anyone at the Sun is reading, can we please return to the system of its appearing at 2155 on the dot. Cheers

Bob ..... They're late with their polling findings simply to wind up PBers!
  • Options
    Incidentally, how come we have an independent investigator to examine the Islamist school take-over, but not one for the thousands of kids raped by grooming gangs?
  • Options

I strongly suspect Lab lead back up to 4 or 5 tonight.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    I've just seen a Democratic campaign commercial blaming the Republicans for the Ebola outbreak.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

I'm having trouble getting comments below the lead article with Firefox. Works fine with Explorer. Any idea what I should do?

On the other and, Explorer features an advert which looks awfully like a virus, called "Important message - A required driver is missing", with a "fix now" button. I'm sure it's OK, but I'm not clicking on it...

Use an Apple Mac, Nick. A little more expensive but much safer and easier to use than Widows using a PC.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860
    I cannot see comments either on Google chrome
  • Options

One of the very best free anti-malware software programs is: Malwarebytes.

Agreed, I have now upgraded to the Premium service which is less than £20
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

I've just seen a Democratic campaign commercial blaming the Republicans for the Ebola outbreak.

The GOP have been running anti-Democrat ads on ebola for weeks.
  • Options

Depends on how good it is for the Tories.

Perhaps RodCrosby could crank up Bertha and supercompute a chart on the matter.
  • Options

That'll be malware, Nick. Don't click on it.
    Yes. Hmm. Wonder why I'm getting it as an advert.

Also Firefox, has been hanging twice running now (when I try to kill it with ctrl-alt-del it's not listed, but when I try to start it, it says it's already running). Wonder if I've acquired a bug,

Nick - why don't you switch to Chrome? By general consent it's far and away the best browser.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

fitalass said:

@Isam Luckily, been around the site long enough for a lot of other long standing posters to know that I don't tend to indulge in puerile name calling of politicians. I will call it a night on this thread as your obsession with this is in danger of boring other posters who might of come on here tonight to discuss politics or betting.

I don't see why you are so defensive, surely you can acknowledge my point?

I told you, very politely, that you were spelling Carswell incorrectly, and you carried on doing it.

If I were calling you @fatalass constantly, while slagging you off, and kept doing so after you had corrected me, wouldn't you think it deliberate?
    In fairness, it's low-rent types from all parts of the spectrum that do it. Kippers are certainly prone to it. Fitalass isn't alone.
    Oh right.. well I never do it, and I gave her the benefit of the doubt too when she did. I cant be responsible for what other people do
    You must have seen it before? Even in it's mildest form, REd.

Bugs me too. It's a common below-the-line-moron thing though. EUSSR. Guido's sewer in particular is full of it.
    It's as bad as Gideon, isn't it Hugh?
    How is Gideon a "hilarious" mispelling of the name of George Gideon Oliver Osborne, heir apparent to the Baronetcy of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon?
    It's a childish pisstake, which we all apparently agree is now frowned upon, isn't it?
  • Options
    Ah, I've downloaded the new edition of Firefox, which has apparently fixed the problem. (Eyes computer nervously.)

Have held out against Apple this long, too stubborn to change now. I disliked their snotty advertising...
  • Options
    Hugh said:

hucks67 said:

Danny565 said:

hucks67 said:

Danny565 said:

I actually now think Labour will quite likely fall back from their 2010 share of the vote, which means the Tories could get a majority even with the same or slightly less votes than last time.

Labour simply have not understood how disillusioned their "core vote" is, and I don't think they're going to understand in time. They're going to leak working-class voters to UKIP and middle-class voters to the Greens.
    Most people don't know what policies UKIP are in favour of. Nearer to the election, I think you find that people on the left side of politics won't like some of their policies.
    Labour will leak some votes to UKIP. The slightly, y'know, vote.

But nowhere near enough to cost them seats, at least not on the scale of the Con->UKIP flood. Net positive for Labour.

Once in Government, Labour should take it on and not pander to it. Immigrants and the poor are not the problem that working people in the country faces, no matter how much UKIP and the Rightwing media scapegoat them.
    The problem is probably those white people that love to play divide and rule right? Labour: the true home of racists.
  • Options

Hugh said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

fitalass said:

@Isam Luckily, been around the site long enough for a lot of other long standing posters to know that I don't tend to indulge in puerile name calling of politicians. I will call it a night on this thread as your obsession with this is in danger of boring other posters who might of come on here tonight to discuss politics or betting.

I don't see why you are so defensive, surely you can acknowledge my point?

I told you, very politely, that you were spelling Carswell incorrectly, and you carried on doing it.

If I were calling you @fatalass constantly, while slagging you off, and kept doing so after you had corrected me, wouldn't you think it deliberate?
    In fairness, it's low-rent types from all parts of the spectrum that do it. Kippers are certainly prone to it. Fitalass isn't alone.
    Oh right.. well I never do it, and I gave her the benefit of the doubt too when she did. I cant be responsible for what other people do
    You must have seen it before? Even in it's mildest form, REd.

Bugs me too. It's a common below-the-line-moron thing though. EUSSR. Guido's sewer in particular is full of it.
    It's as bad as Gideon, isn't it Hugh?
    How is Gideon a "hilarious" mispelling of the name of George Gideon Oliver Osborne, heir apparent to the Baronetcy of Ballentaylor and Ballylemon?
    It's a childish pisstake, which we all apparently agree is now frowned upon, isn't it?
    Who, the Chancellor? yeah we all agree that **** is frowned upon.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382

Ah, I've downloaded the new edition of Firefox, which has apparently fixed the problem. (Eyes computer nervously.)

Have held out against Apple this long, too stubborn to change now. I disliked their snotty advertising...

I'm having the same problems with Chrome on my laptop. It's working find on Chrome on my tablet

• Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

David Mitchell @davidmlondon

Great non-denial. RT @georgeeaton: On whether she'd defect to UKIP, Kate Hoey tells me: "I don't respond to silly questions or speculation

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    PB is back! Prefer using the main site as I hope OGH gets some ad revenue from my relentless F5-ing.
  • Options

Nick - why don't you switch to Chrome? By general consent it's far and away the best browser.

I've got used to the fox and one of my translation vendors requires it, but I do have Chrome knocking around too. TBh I don't notice much difference between three of them...

• Options
    Sean_F said:

MikeK said:

Good Evening.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1439816a-52bb-11e4-a236-00144feab7de.html?ftcamp=published_links/rss/comment/feed//product&siteedition=uk#axzz3G3O30LDC

Janan  Ganesh has finally got the wind up and has pulled out all the stops in an FT blog smearing UKIP from beginning to end. He even brings Mathew Parris to his aid.

I imagine that people in the West who are losing out to globalisation respond better to people who have some sympathy to them as opposed to people like Ganesh or Parris who sneer at them.
    What's amazing is that the BBC continues to broadcast the Daily Politics with three anti-UKIP people as their main commentators every week.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Hugh said:

hucks67 said:

Danny565 said:

hucks67 said:

Danny565 said:

I actually now think Labour will quite likely fall back from their 2010 share of the vote, which means the Tories could get a majority even with the same or slightly less votes than last time.

Labour simply have not understood how disillusioned their "core vote" is, and I don't think they're going to understand in time. They're going to leak working-class voters to UKIP and middle-class voters to the Greens.
    Most people don't know what policies UKIP are in favour of. Nearer to the election, I think you find that people on the left side of politics won't like some of their policies.

But nowhere near enough to cost them seats, at least not on the scale of the Con->UKIP flood. Net positive for Labour.

Once in Government, Labour should take it on and not pander to it. Immigrants and the poor are not the problem that working people in the country faces, no matter how much UKIP and the Rightwing media scapegoat them.
    The problem is probably those white people that love to play divide and rule right? Labour: the true home of racists.
    No doubt which big Party is attracting the highest proportion of racists now that the BNP has collapsed, Socrates.

The one that sells itself as taking a stance against matters foreign. The one you support. You are kidding no-one.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

It's been late whatever the result recently - at one time I would have agreed with you but these days there seems to be no pattern behind its lateness. But it is always late!
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Sean_F said:

MikeK said:

Good Evening.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1439816a-52bb-11e4-a236-00144feab7de.html?ftcamp=published_links/rss/comment/feed//product&siteedition=uk#axzz3G3O30LDC

Janan  Ganesh has finally got the wind up and has pulled out all the stops in an FT blog smearing UKIP from beginning to end. He even brings Mathew Parris to his aid.

I imagine that people in the West who are losing out to globalisation respond better to people who have some sympathy to them as opposed to people like Ganesh or Parris who sneer at them.
    What's amazing is that the BBC continues to broadcast the Daily Politics with three anti-UKIP people as their main commentators every week.
    They sometimes have muslims on too.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Tim_B said:

I've not seen one. All the commericals I see heavily feature Obama. Why they'd abandon that for Ebola beats me.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Socrates said:

Hugh said:

hucks67 said:

Danny565 said:

hucks67 said:

Danny565 said:

No doubt which big Party is attracting the highest proportion of racists now that the BNP has collapsed, Socrates.

The one that sells itself as taking a stance against matters foreign. The one you support. You are kidding no-one.
    Camerons little baby = UKIP.

Labour government little baby = BNP

Get it right.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Palestinian State recognised

274:12
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    RodCrosby said:

Did Carswell vote ?
  • Options
    PeterCPeterC Posts: 1,274

I'm having the same problems with Chrome on my laptop. It's working find on Chrome on my tablet

Working with Chrome for me but not with Firefox or IE.

• Options
    Hugh said:

Socrates said:

Sean_F said:

MikeK said:

Good Evening.

Don't say to much,your mask is dropping.
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,010

MikeL said:

It's been late whatever the result recently - at one time I would have agreed with you but these days there seems to be no pattern behind its lateness. But it is always late!
    Well, if it's always late, then there is a pattern. It seems to have moved to 10:30 rather than 10:00.

• Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    Those having trouble loading comments with some browsers should bring down the right button menu and click on reload. Solves it instantly.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Socrates said:

Sean_F said:

MikeK said:

Good Evening.

PB.com = kippergrievance.com

The same tactics on show as the Nats in the run up to the Indyref - who lost.

Makes it a dull place to be.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Stocks plunge

For the 4th day (session) in succession the DOW has fallen over 200 points - 223 points today.
    Methinks something is happening and that the long heralded Bear Market has begun.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    Hugh said:

Socrates said:

Hugh said:

hucks67 said:

Danny565 said:

hucks67 said:

Danny565 said:

This one?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2788837/my-party-s-scared-talk-migration-labour-mp-simon-danczuk-lessons-week-s-election.html

I think you need to find yourself a new party.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Socrates said:

Sean_F said:

MikeK said:

Good Evening.

Do they ever have rapists that they are apologists for just because they're Muslim? No, that's just the Labour party.
  • Options
    And were back in time to discover that YG is not out yet and we may have to settle from 3 polls today that result in EICIPM
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited October 2014
    Rod

"Palestinian State recognised"

Excellent news except that Dave "The Israelis have every right to bomb Gaza" Cameron is totally in thrall to the Israelis.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Hugh said:

Only one party has a former cabinet minister that says entire races do things wrong, and then remains in good standing. Labour's indulgence of Diane Abbott shows they don't give a damn about racism as long as its a non-white person doing it. Just like they don't really care about child abuse if it's non-white criminals. Labour treat people differently depending what race they are, making them the most racist of all the parties outside the BNP.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,782

My dad is a pro EU kipper supporter

CERN called. They're looking for a way to store antimatter. They want to borrow your dad for a bit...

• Options
    Roger said:

Rod

Excellent news except that Dave "The Israelis have every right to bomb Gaza" Cameron is totally in thrall to the Israelis.

How easy of the left/labour to forget we had 13 years of a labour government.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

CERN called. They're looking for a way to store antimatter. They want to borrow your dad for a bit...

We used to have a regular poster named Frank, but one day he tried to post at the same time as Antifrank.... :-(
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

Roger said:

Rod

They were cowardly in power, paralysed by focus group.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    RodCrosby said:

Well not at all, actually.

A non-binding motion that means absolutely nothing.

What a great use of parliamentary time...
  • Options

Deborah Meaden ✔ @DeborahMeaden

Enjoyed smart debate on @agendaitv @David_Cameron @rorybremner @AasmahMir @tombradby watch tonight ITV 10:35 and 11:05 Scotland

• Options

Roger said:

Rod

Too busy thinking about Thatcher.. ;)
  • Options
    YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead by three points: CON 31%, LAB 34%, LD 7%, UKIP 17%

I was wrong!
  • Options
    Jeremy Corbyn and Mike Wood acted as tellers for the No in the Palestine vote because the No side refused to put up tellers. Otherwise the vote could have not been recorded
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Socrates said:

Tim_B said:

I've not seen one. All the commericals I see heavily feature Obama. Why they'd abandon that for Ebola beats me.
    Meh. He's at 42 points approval. Bad, but not catastrophic. It's not like he's at second term Bush levels or anything.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Hugh said:

Only one party has a former cabinet minister that says entire races do things wrong, and then remains in good standing. Labour's indulgence of Diane Abbott shows they don't give a damn about racism as long as its a non-white person doing it. Just like they don't really care about child abuse if it's non-white criminals. Labour treat people differently depending what race they are, making them the most racist of all the parties outside the BNP.
    Yes I noticed you disproportionately worked up about child abuse allegations against muslim / non-white people.

Your Party will be proud of your hard work on The Internet.

Not that UKIP are a racist Party, let alone the true home of racists as you accused of Labour.
  • Options

RodCrosby said:

Agreed, stops them passing unwanted laws.
  • Options
    Tonights YG LAB 339 CON 261 LD 21

EICIPM
  • Options
    Wouldn't normally look at YouGov changes from prior poll but meaningful this time as 3 days since previous fieldwork which was largely pre Clacton. Changes are:

Con -1
    Lab 0
    LD -2
    UKIP +1
  • Options
    philiph said:

RodCrosby said:

They could have started work on the devolution issue earlier - rather than wasting time on this.
  • Options
    Slightly disappointing YouGov for Labour - needs to pull itself back up into the upper 30s. Tory score puts a gloss on it because it has rapidly fallen back to the mean but really Labour want to be doing a little better.
  • Options
    Tyko

It has only been on the table since the Tories took over. I think things like this go way beyond petty party political point scoring. The Israelis have totally emasculated the Palestinians and have caused untold and unbelievable suffering.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Socrates said:

Hugh said:

Yes I noticed you disproportionately worked up about child abuse allegations against muslim / non-white people.

Your Party will be proud of your hard work on The Internet.

Not that UKIP are a racist Party, let alone the true home of racists as you accused of Labour.
    If there were thousands of child rapes in one town by white British perpetrators against Muslim kids, there were signs it had happened in a dozen other towns, and it was systematically kept on the quiet by the government, I would be very worked up about it.

It just hasn't happened. Strange that.
  • Options

RodCrosby said:

Let's wait until Her Majesty actually receives the High Commissioner from Palestine.
  • Options

philiph said:

RodCrosby said:

They could have started work on the devolution issue earlier - rather than wasting time on this.
    Well only if they have the proposal drafted to a standard that allows publication and debate.
  • Options
    Back to Labour +3 after an eventful few weeks! Still some twists to come...
  • Options
    MikeL said:

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead by three points: CON 31%, LAB 34%, LD 7%, UKIP 17%

I was wrong!

ENP 4.0
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,419

RodCrosby said:

It doesn't mean nothing. It's symbolic and symbols are important (not least in the Middle East).
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Roger said:

Tyko

It has only been on the table since the Tories took over. I think things like this go way beyond petty party political point scoring. The Israelis have totally emasculated the Palestinians and have caused untold and unbelievable suffering.

What have you sacrificed to support the Palestinians?
  • Options
    NinoinozNinoinoz Posts: 1,312
    RobD said:

RodCrosby said:

Let's wait until Her Majesty actually receives the High Commissioner from Palestine.
    Would Palestine join the Commonwealth?
  • Options

RodCrosby said:

It doesn't mean nothing. It's symbolic and symbols are important (not least in the Middle East).
    It hasn't changed UK policy on the matter. It is just one Labour MP with a particular agenda - and they struggled to get anyone to act has Tellers for the No lobby.

It is a classic piece of political masturbation - all it tells us is that Miliband isn't really in charge of Labour foreign policy.

• Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Ninoinoz said:

RobD said:

RodCrosby said:

As long as it stays out of NATO! I do not want to fight Israel.
  • Options
    Is 17 a record for UKIP under YouGov - can't recall seeing it that high before.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Stocks plunge

For the 4th day (session) in succession the DOW has fallen over 200 points - 223 points today.
    Methinks something is happening and that the long heralded Bear Market has begun.

Maybe, although it's still at the level it was just two months ago and over a thousand points higher than where it was this time last year. It's true that the start of bear markets usually look like market corrections but there are a lot more corrections than crashes.
  • Options
    Ninoinoz said:

RobD said:

RodCrosby said:

According to Sunil, all countries should ;-)
  • Options
    Roger said:

Tyko

Petty party political points scoring ?

Who posted this just before my post ?

Excellent news except that Dave "The Israelis have every right to bomb Gaza" Cameron is totally in thrall to the Israelis

On the Palestinians civilians,I agree.
  • Options
    Telegraph: Labour MP tells constituents "Don't worry about Miliband; he's not going to win..."
  • Options
    manofkent2014manofkent2014 Posts: 1,543
    edited October 2014
    UKIP equal their highest score in Yougov. Only twice before (once last year and once in June) have they been on 17.
  • Options
    NinoinozNinoinoz Posts: 1,312
    Socrates said:

Hugh said:

Labour doesn't care about child abuse even if it's White people doing it e.g. the BBC.
  • Options

Slightly disappointing YouGov for Labour - needs to pull itself back up into the upper 30s. Tory score puts a gloss on it because it has rapidly fallen back to the mean but really Labour want to be doing a little better.

Upper 30s would be nice.

But with the far-right UKIP rupturing the Right, even mid 30s is enough for a majority.

As long as the far-right stay between 5 and 15 or so, Ed should be PM.

Then the hard work starts.
  • Options
    FenmanFenman Posts: 1,047
    Let's hope the UK Government finally has the guts to recognise Palestine. It might go some way to compensating for the atrocious way in which we abandoned them in 1947.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    I typed in "yougov ukip high" into twitter and got this

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB · 8 May 2013
    Ukip surge to record high in first post-local election YouGov/Sun poll - but they'd still get zero MPs http://goo.gl/fHrs6

That was 16% so maybe this is the new high? Prob still no MP's though :(

• Options
    Saddened

"What have you sacrificed to support the Palestinians?"

Money. And a member of my family devoted much of her professional life to the Palestinian cause
  • Options
    manofkent2014manofkent2014 Posts: 1,543
    edited October 2014
    isam said:

Ukip surge to record high in first post-local election YouGov/Sun poll - but they'd still get zero MPs http://goo.gl/fHrs6

They have previously scored 17 with Yougov on:

02/06/2014
    08/05/2013

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/voting-intention-2
  • Options
    700th edition of Monday Night Football this evening. It started in 1970.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited October 2014
    Roger said:

It has only been on the table since the Tories took over. I think things like this go way beyond petty party political point scoring.

And your previous post?

Dave "The Israelis have every right to bomb Gaza" Cameron is totally in thrall to the Israelis.

Labour's Guardianista supporters really are a class act - can anyone more unashamedly hypocritical ever have walked on this earth?
  • Options
    isam said:

Time for a "we are the 17%" twibbon ?
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,782

viewcode said:

We used to have a regular poster named Frank, but one day he tried to post at the same time as Antifrank.... :-(
    You can never have enough "Timecop" references, I find...
  • Options
    Rod

"Don't worry about Miliband; he's not going to win..."

Is that what constitutes an opinion poll in the Telegraph?
  • Options
    JackCade said:

Is 17 a record for UKIP under YouGov - can't recall seeing it that high before.

It is a record but not a new one. They hit 17% with YouGov first on 8/5/13 and then again on 2/6/14.

YouGov's methodology has changed to be more favourable to YouGov since at least the 2013 score and possibly the June one (can't quite remember exactly when it was), so those earlier polls were probably slightly better for them.
  • Options

Roger said:

It has only been on the table since the Tories took over. I think things like this go way beyond petty party political point scoring.

And your previous post?

Dave "The Israelis have every right to bomb Gaza" Cameron is totally in thrall to the Israelis.

Labour's Guardianista supporters really are a class act - can anyone more hypocritical ever have walked on this earth?
    What do you call someone who promises no-more top down re-organisations of the NHS, then wastes billions doing exactly that?

A hypocrit or a liar?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    edited October 2014
    TGOHF said:

isam said:

Time for a "we are the 17%" twibbon ?
    Wouldn't read too much into the daily, or even weekly, poll movements really.. best to look over the long term trends

Getting all hot and bothered about them is like celebrating/booing every time your team passes the ball forwards or backwards in football match

EDIT: Oh, and I have no idea what you mean
  • Options
    "One long-standing Labour MP told The Daily Telegraph he has resorted to reassuring his constituents that Mr Miliband may never become Prime Minister in a bid to shore up his personal vote."
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/11160185/Labour-whips-quiz-MPs-over-Miliband-concerns.html
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Roger said:

And your previous post?

Labour's Guardianista supporters really are a class act - can anyone more hypocritical ever have walked on this earth?
    What do you call someone who promises no-more top down re-organisations of the NHS, then wastes billions doing exactly that?

A hypocrit or a liar?
    Neither, given that the manifesto explained exactly what was planned, and the reforms seem to be working rather well, although not as well as they would have done if the LibDems, having agreed the policy and co-written a very good introduction to the White Paper, hadn't decided to overlay it with a lot of unnecessary bureaucracy.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

"One long-standing Labour MP told The Daily Telegraph he has resorted to reassuring his constituents that Mr Miliband may never become Prime Minister in a bid to shore up his personal vote."
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/11160185/Labour-whips-quiz-MPs-over-Miliband-concerns.html

Northern MPs have warned them that they want Mr Miliband to "speak English"

Oh dear, that's a lost cause.
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Roger said:

Saddened

"What have you sacrificed to support the Palestinians?"

Money. And a member of my family devoted much of her professional life to the Palestinian cause

So some of the money you saved by avoiding tax, you spent on Palestine. And you know someone who made money, professionally, supporting them. You'll forgive me if I'm not overly impressed.
  • Options
    Richard.

After 1200 civilians had been killed by Israeli bombs it was the crassest comment I've heard from a British politician for years. I'd have said the same whichever politician had said it
  • Options

Hugh said:

Roger said:

And your previous post?

A hypocrit or a liar?
    Neither, given that the manifesto explained exactly what was planned, and the reforms seem to be working rather well, although not as well as they would have done if the LibDems, having agreed the policy and co-written a very good introduction to the White Paper, hadn't decided to overlay it with a lot of unnecessary bureaucracy.
    You disagree with Dave and George that it was a big mistake?
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    I missed the Farage documentary. Was it worth watching?

Oh, btw great news. The Catholic church just became a teeny bit less homophobic;

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/catholic-church-acknowledges-gay-people-have-gifts-and-qualities-to-offer-at-synod-9792012.html

It's a start.
This discussion has been closed.