Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Hopefully, we’ll see some Lineker polling this weekend – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited March 2023 in General
imageHopefully, we’ll see some Lineker polling this weekend – politicalbetting.com

The one thing that is missing so far from the Lineker story is some polling to ascertain how the public is viewing his stance and whether he has the backing that I think he thought he had.

Read the full story here

Comments

• HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    I expect most people will still back the government's policy of sending migrants boats back to France and working with the French government to detain them there rather than Lineker's view. At the same time they will think Lineker probably should stay at MOTD as he is not a political journalist on the BBC so does not need to be neutral in his tweeting
  • 2 - Like the number of decent Radiohead singles.
  • MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,410
    Appreciating that our resident sex pest drives views and clicks, is it possible for the mods to ban the sock puppets for a few days?
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,957

2 - Like the number of decent Radiohead singles.

2 - less 2.
  • mwadamsmwadams Posts: 3,089
    I'd be interested in polling from yesterday versus today after all the pundits, commentators, clubs, and players have lined up behind Lineker.
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614
    Here we go then, for what’s always the best game of the 6N.

But first, the anthems:

🎵 A Frenchman went to the lavatory
    To have a jolly good sh…
    🎵

https://hashhouseharrierssongbook.com/2017/09/15/ou-est-le-papier/
  • 2 - Like the number of decent Radiohead singles.

2 - less 2.
    Creep and Karma Police are great. Truly the best singles ever produced by Radiohead.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,734
    While we wait...

Allez les Bleus
  • Scott_xP said:

While we wait...

Allez les Bleus

Piss off.

2 - less 2.
    Creep and Karma Police are great. Truly the best singles ever produced by Radiohead.
    Creep. How appropraite...
  • EPGEPG Posts: 5,996

2 - less 2.
    Because My Iron Lung was technically an EP.
  • StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,085

Appreciating that our resident sex pest drives views and clicks, is it possible for the mods to ban the sock puppets for a few days?

It does suggest a way out of this impasse. Stand by for the return of Match of the Day, with its new host, Larry Gineker.
  • dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,279
    ou est la papier rings out at Twickenham.

• CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,127
    Scott_xP said:

While we wait...

Allez les Bleus

Quite right too.
  • WhisperingOracleWhisperingOracle Posts: 8,480
    edited March 2023

Leon is a polarising cult poster, maddening and enjoyable for various posters in equal measure.

He always returns, usually posting from one of his favoured holiday locations.
  • Sandpit said:

But first, the anthems:

To have a jolly good sh…
    🎵

Still a better national anthem than the dirge that is God Save The King.
  • pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,087

Leon is a polarising cult poster, maddening and enjoyable for various posters in equal measure.

He always returns, posting from one of his holiday locations.
    Such as Buenos Aires.
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 14,772
    Linekar for President!

That's the endgame right?
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,583
    HYUFD said:

I expect most people will still back the government's policy of sending migrants boats back to France and working with the French government to detain them there rather than Lineker's view. At the same time they will think Lineker probably should stay at MOTD as he is not a political journalist on the BBC so does not need to be neutral in his tweeting

I can't see any way back for Lineker. The BBC and the Gov't dropped a bollock, but they can't row that back. He will be made an example of.
    Good French try.
  • Oh ferfuxsake England.

England = Radiohead

France = The Rolling Stones
    I blame our national anthem...
    pigeon said:

Hopefully we fucking won't. Enough already.

On second thoughts, we have been threatened with another thread about Scotland.

Praying now for a cascade of snap Lineker surveys.
  • I blame our national anthem...

Yup. The French national anthem makes even me gird my loins. It is the best national anthem in the world.
    Oh dear.
  • OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 14,911

Obvious typo.
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    HYUFD said:

“the government's policy of sending migrants boats back to France and working with the French government to detain them there”

That’s not what was agreed yesterday, you are lying to us HY. It won’t even be legal or remotely possible to detain people who done no wrong and committed no crime here in brexited UK, let alone in an EU country.

Go on, tell us what that half a billion extra bunged to the French is actually for? And You letting them keep it if they don’t detain anyone?

You Tories are utterly lost on this this week.
  • SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,227

Wick on the Scottish Riviera being a favorite, for "Leon" and PB.

Sandpit said:

But first, the anthems:

To have a jolly good sh…
    🎵

Can't recall many composers offering variations on La Marseillaise, or other nations using it for themselves. Whereas God Save The King appears in works by Haydn, Beethoven. GSTK used as a Prussian Royal Anthem up to August 1914.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,563

The rest are absolutely brilliant ?

Yup. The French national anthem makes even me gird my loins. It is the best national anthem in the world.
    Silver medallists behind Wales - for all the good it's done them in this competition.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    edited March 2023
    King Charles refuses to pay Prince Andrew's £32,000 bill for a healing guru
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/king-charles-refuses-pay-prince-29429244

HYUFD said:

I can't see any way back for Lineker. The BBC and the Gov't dropped a bollock, but they can't row that back. He will be made an example of.
    An example of how not to run the BBC ?
    I don't think that's going to work.
  • I never dreamt that a thread about the technicalities of Scottish general election polling would generate 1,291 comments on the subject. Makes a change to be discussing Lineker at last.

Wait until you do a thread on AV.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,608

Ukraine reported another 1,010 Russians killed yesterday. c.5,000 deaths this week.

Can Russia really keep up with that level of loss?

Yes, sadly. Because the leadership is remote from, and does not answer to/for, the losses.
    5000 deaths a week is 250k annualised. Even taking into account the staggering sounded to killed ratio which Russia seems to be hitting, there is a question of how much man power he periphery can provide.

There was a BBC article on this the other day - using openly available evidence of where casualties were from, it was clear that the war is being fuelled, in Russia, by the outlying regions. Not the heartlands or Moscow.

Nominally there are several million Russian men of military age. But if the draft is being selective, like this, only a fraction are available.

If the sampling was accurate, some areas have already lost a big chunk of their men of military age.
  • WestieWestie Posts: 426
    Scott_xP said:

DougSeal said:

What did Leon do this time?

I always seem to miss the fun. That's the problem with exiling oneself to ConHome.
    And gentlemen in England now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Leon's ban day.
    What was Leon banned for? I never liked that poster, ever since he wrote the words "We are a white country". Will the ban be permanent?
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766

2 - less 2.
    What about Street Spirit or Reckoner?
    dr_spyn said:

Sandpit said:

But first, the anthems:

To have a jolly good sh…
    🎵

Can't recall many composers offering variations on La Marseillaise, or other nations using it for themselves. Whereas God Save The King appears in works by Haydn, Beethoven. GSTK used as a Prussian Royal Anthem up to August 1914.
    The tune of GSTK is the same as "Oben am jungen Rhein" the national anthem of Liechtenstein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJYsJ81Omgs
  • fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Guardian article from September 2020 would indicate that the current BBC/Linekar stooshie has been brewing for a long time. - https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/sep/15/gary-lineker-takes-bbc-pay-cut-and-agrees-to-tweet-more-carefully

"Gary Lineker has taken a £400,000 pay cut to remain as host of Match of the Day for the next five years, along with an agreement to be more careful in his use of Twitter to push political causes.

Tim Davie, the new BBC director general, announced the deal at the launch of the corporation’s annual report, emphasising that all BBC staff would be bound by strict new social media guidelines within weeks.

Lineker, who earlier this year suggested it was time to make the BBC licence fee voluntary, took home £1.75m in the last financial year, well ahead of any other employee. He has attracted the ire of rightwing media outlets for tweeting criticism of the government and Brexit.

“Gary knows that he has responsibilities to the BBC in terms of his use of social media,” said Davie, referring to the new social media rules for employees."

• rcs1000 said:

2 - less 2.
    What about Street Spirit or Reckoner?
    Only those two Radiohead tracks do it for me.
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 15,543
    edited March 2023

I never dreamt that a thread about the technicalities of Scottish general election polling would generate 1,291 comments on the subject. Makes a change to be discussing Lineker at last.

Can I say, well spotted on the turnout filter on Scottish polls and that I learned something new from your header?
  • This has to be the worst performance by an English side against the French since the Battle of Patay.

Wick on the Scottish Riviera being a favorite, for "Leon" and PB.
    He went all the way there, and didn't even go to see the architectural gem of Pulteneytown!
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,608
    On Lineker

- He’s a talking head. Sub species of lovie. They always have opinions on politics etc. Ignore.
    - I considered my commitment to free speech. I have decided that if Piers Corbyn had a BBC contract and advocated eating pineapple pizza, while coding in Python and listening to Radiohead, I would declare that free speech.
    - I think I might draw the line at Oskar Dirlewanger and Reinhard Heydrich presenting MOTD. In that event I think I might go so far as a Tut-tut.
    - Cancel culture is always hypocritical from any direction.
    - many of those railing at the proposed, useless, immigration changes would have their panties in a wad if someone pointed out that the EU is subsidising slavery of migrants in Libya
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,764

It is a real belter, the Marseillaise. It's easy to imagine Napoleon's legions singing it at the tops of their voices.
  • MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,410

Yeah he definitely generates reaction. I'm sure its tricky moderating the discussions in this place.
    18 years since the Frogs won at Twickenham. That clock looks like it will reset itself tonight. This England side haven’t turned up at all.
    FF43 said:

I never dreamt that a thread about the technicalities of Scottish general election polling would generate 1,291 comments on the subject. Makes a change to be discussing Lineker at last.

Can I say, well spotted on the turnout filter on Scottish polls and that I learned something new from your header?
    Hear, hear.

But if it is any consolation everyone is waiting for the new SNP leader to be voted in as leader, and then as FM. All very uncertain, and this is reflected in the polling. Is it, for instance, because of GRA self-determination or its impending modification (no pun intended at all)? Who knows?
  • ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,800
    In unsurprising news...

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1634555021487480834

"Before the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank, executives sold a lot of their shares.

Gregory Becker, CEO, sold 11% on Feb 27, 2023.

Michael Zucker, General Counsel, 19% on Feb 5.

Daniel Beck, CFO, sold 32% on Feb 27.

Michelle Draper, CMO, sold 25% on Feb 1."
  • boulayboulay Posts: 3,769
    Westie said:

Scott_xP said:

DougSeal said:

What did Leon do this time?

I always seem to miss the fun. That's the problem with exiling oneself to ConHome.
    And gentlemen in England now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Leon's ban day.
    What was Leon banned for? I never liked that poster, ever since he wrote the words "We are a white country". Will the ban be permanent?
    Anyone else whose views you don’t like you want to be banned?
  • Sandpit said:

18 years since the Frogs won at Twickenham. That clock looks like it will reset itself tonight. This England side haven’t turned up at all.

This is going to be the biggest humiliation against the French since Sunak had to bribe the French to deal with the boats.
  • FF43FF43 Posts: 15,543

HYUFD said:

If Lineker doesn't back down - and he shows no sign of doing so - either the BBC will have to take him back without any apology or they will be liable for broken contract running to millions. It will be more expensive to not have him present MoTD than to keep him on. Not clear to me getting rid of him is the less embarrassing option.
  • Appreciating that our resident sex pest drives views and clicks, is it possible for the mods to ban the sock puppets for a few days?

But how do we know which accounts are sock puppets? I mean, people have accused me of being everyone from @SeanT, @SEANTHOMAS, @Leon, @otto in the past.

We must tread carefully.
  • eekeek Posts: 24,797

On Lineker

- He’s a talking head. Sub species of lovie. They always have opinions on politics etc. Ignore.
    - I considered my commitment to free speech. I have decided that if Piers Corbyn had a BBC contract and advocated eating pineapple pizza, while coding in Python and listening to Radiohead, I would declare that free speech.
    - I think I might draw the line at Oskar Dirlewanger and Reinhard Heydrich presenting MOTD. In that event I think I might go so far as a Tut-tut.
    - Cancel culture is always hypocritical from any direction.
    - many of those railing at the proposed, useless, immigration changes would have their panties in a wad if someone pointed out that the EU is subsidising slavery of migrants in Libya

You last sentence highlights the real issue - everyone would prefer the true reality to be hidden from view
    Completely off-topic, but here's a classic example of British real estate insanity:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/house-sale-london-grim-you-29430640

Soon to be sold at auction. I dare say it'll feature on an episode of Homes Under the Hammer at some point next year, in which lucky viewers are invited to jack off in ecstasy as some leech turns it into a couple of poky flats available to rent for £3,500 pcm each.
    fitalass said:

Guardian article from September 2020 would indicate that the current BBC/Linekar stooshie has been brewing for a long time. - https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/sep/15/gary-lineker-takes-bbc-pay-cut-and-agrees-to-tweet-more-carefully

"Gary Lineker has taken a £400,000 pay cut to remain as host of Match of the Day for the next five years, along with an agreement to be more careful in his use of Twitter to push political causes.

Tim Davie, the new BBC director general, announced the deal at the launch of the corporation’s annual report, emphasising that all BBC staff would be bound by strict new social media guidelines within weeks.

Lineker, who earlier this year suggested it was time to make the BBC licence fee voluntary, took home £1.75m in the last financial year, well ahead of any other employee. He has attracted the ire of rightwing media outlets for tweeting criticism of the government and Brexit.

“Gary knows that he has responsibilities to the BBC in terms of his use of social media,” said Davie, referring to the new social media rules for employees."

Yo fitalass!

Is not one of the as-yet unanswered questions re: Lineker, precisely whether or not he's truly part of BBC "staff", one of Beeb's "employees"?

Another, perhaps more broadly relevant question being, is it proper or improper, for the government of the day to pressure the BBC to curb the speech, tweets, etc. of their presenters, broadly defined/

My guess is that it is the 2nd question that is the Real McCoy (to flatter the Scots AND Irish) here.
    Oh dear again. This is utterly dire from England.
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,715
    edited March 2023
    France get another try! Converted, too!

Sandpit said:

This is going to be the biggest humiliation against the French since Sunak had to bribe the French to deal with the boats.
    Which is the biggest humiliation for the proud pushers of 'Our Island Story' since King Æthelred paid Þorkell the Tall 48 000 lbs silver.
    Nigelb said:

HYUFD said:

An example of how not to run the BBC ?
    I don't think that's going to work.
    A dawn joint raid on Chez Lineker and a subsequent arrest by the City of London Police and HMRC would come in handy tomorrow at 6 am. Match of the Day 2 could then go ahead as normal.
    Sandpit said:

Wait until they have to go to Dublin. The useless shower will be lucky not to ship a hundred points.
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,979

But how do we know which accounts are sock puppets? I mean, people have accused me of being everyone from @SeanT, @SEANTHOMAS, @Leon, @otto in the past.

We must tread carefully.
    How about @Hepez ?
  • This has to be the worst performance by an English side against the French since the Battle of Patay.

Might have to upgrade this to the Battle of Castillon.
  • WestieWestie Posts: 426
    edited March 2023
    Sean_F said:

It is a real belter, the Marseillaise. It's easy to imagine Napoleon's legions singing it at the tops of their voices.
    The Marseillaise is rousing for sure, and it knocks most other countries' anthems flat. But it's not as rousing as this.
  • CiceroCicero Posts: 2,179

dr_spyn said:

Sandpit said:

But first, the anthems:

To have a jolly good sh…
    🎵

The tune of GSTK is the same as "Oben am jungen Rhein" the national anthem of Liechtenstein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJYsJ81Omgs
    Also Heil in der Seigerkranz, the national anthem of Prussia
    ohnotnow said:

In unsurprising news...

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1634555021487480834

"Before the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank, executives sold a lot of their shares.

Gregory Becker, CEO, sold 11% on Feb 27, 2023.

Michael Zucker, General Counsel, 19% on Feb 5.

Daniel Beck, CFO, sold 32% on Feb 27.

Michelle Draper, CMO, sold 25% on Feb 1."

Seems to me like an excellent method, for converting one's pin-strip suits from vertical to horizontal.

(Remember Martha Stewart?)
    Sean_F said:

Napoleon wasn't too keen on La Marseillaise.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/17/la-marseillaise-has-controversial-french-anthem-finally-hit-right-note

• Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,764

This has to be the worst performance by an English side against the French since the Battle of Patay.

Might have to upgrade this to the Battle of Castillon.
    That would be flattering the current England performance. At least Castillon was a near-run thing.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 11,009
    mwadams said:

I'd be interested in polling from yesterday versus today after all the pundits, commentators, clubs, and players have lined up behind Lineker.

I'd be interested in polling that couples public support for Lineker with public support for the chairman of the BBC. If LIneker wins, Sharp to be sacked and Lineker to become BBC chairman.
    pigeon said:

Sandpit said:

Wait until they have to go to Dublin. The useless shower will be lucky not to ship a hundred points.
    With any luck, I’ll be so drunk by the time that game comes on, that I won’t care how badly England get thrashed!
    Barnesian said:

We must tread carefully.
    How about @Hepez ?
    There was also the Polynesian (?) god (?) or something like that, pronounced "Woo-hoo" or somesuch?

Barnesian said:

We must tread carefully.
    How about @Hepez ?
    There was also the Polynesian (?) god (?) or something like that, pronounced "Woo-hoo" or somesuch?
    Mesoamerican. Nasty sod (the god).
    Finally on the scoreboard!
  • StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146

Nigelb said:

tlg86 said:

Excellent work Wulfrun Phil. I’d be wary of reading too much into this poll. It’s possible the error is in what’s shown before the final output.

If this “error” (we await R&W response) is explained, will Wulfrun and PB will devote A NEW THREAD to the apology?

Ho ho.

Punters beware.
    What do they have to apologise for ?
    The anomaly is notable, and is noted.
    Other than evidently driving you to distraction, no harm done.

Of course we'll have to see what other polls show before the explanation for the anomaly, and the state of Scottish opinion becomes clear.
    The thread header implies R&W are guilty of trying to hide a large and obvious error in their data, an accusation that is not supported by the evidence presented.

A bit more effort is required on the part of people throwing such insinuations around.

It's a poor show in my view.

Brings to mind this scene in Emma.
    Astonishing how few people pointed out the obvious.
    edited March 2023
    Carnyx said:

Barnesian said:

We must tread carefully.
    How about @Hepez ?
    Right! Began with an X?

Addendum - just gave me idea for irreverent (!) ditty (?) to tune of GSTK & etc.

"Our god is a nasty sod . . ."

Carnyx said:

Barnesian said:

We must tread carefully.
    How about @Hepez ?
    Right! Began with an X?
    That's it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xipe_Totec
  • SirNorfolkPassmoreSirNorfolkPassmore Posts: 6,167
    edited March 2023
    pigeon said:

Completely off-topic, but here's a classic example of British real estate insanity:

Soon to be sold at auction. I dare say it'll feature on an episode of Homes Under the Hammer at some point next year, in which lucky viewers are invited to jack off in ecstasy as some leech turns it into a couple of poky flats available to rent for £3,500 pcm each.

It isn't at all unusual - and has never been unusual - for houses to be quite valuable but unmortgageable.

If a home is (currently) uninhabitable or has a significant structural issue then mortgage companies just won't get involved as there's a real risk of deterioration affecting the value of the collateral, and the costs of rectifying are both hard to quantify as a lender and ones they'd not want to incur should the buyer default and leave them with the property to deal with.

That isn't to say it isn't worth it. The article says the average house price in the area is getting on for £2m so, if you assess the purchase price plus the cost of rectifying the issues is (say) £1.3m, maybe you'd go for it. It's just that a typical mortgage lender which is just in the business of lending to people buying houses in reasonable repair to move into immediately, really isn't in the business of risking capital on more speculative renovations. This is a specialist purchase for someone who can accurately assess (and fund) the cost of making the building structurally sound and habitable (or possibly demolishing and starting again).
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Barnesian said:

We must tread carefully.
    How about @Hepez ?
    Right! Began with an X?
    That's it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xipe_Totec
    Zippy! (We hardly knew yez!)
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415

Sandpit said:

Sunak and the UK were mugged. There is not a single Tory on this site who can tell us what we will get for that half a billion.

Congrats to Liverpool keeping it to just one today, btw.
    merde.
  • darkagedarkage Posts: 4,746
    I don't like the governments policy on small boats or its disregard for international law, but the one thing that irritates me more is people who peddle slogans like 'migrants welcome'.
    How many? 1 billion? 2 billion?
    Would they want to make any assessment of their claim to come to the UK, or just let everyone in?
    ... to which they have no answer.

It seems to me that, even though these people are often the most vocal on this issue, and also fall within the category of people that like to 'cancel' opposing opinions they don't like, their position is ultimately hopelessly flawed, and this is obvious to everyone that doesn't share their view on the subject.
  • Can we charge this England team with treason?

pigeon said:

It isn't at all unusual - and has never been unusual - for houses to be quite valuable but unmortgageable.

If a home is (currently) uninhabitable or has a significant structural issue then mortgage companies just won't get involved as there's a real risk of deterioration affecting the value of the collateral, and the costs of rectifying are both hard to quantify as a lender and ones they'd not want to incur should the buyer default and leave them with the property to deal with.

That isn't to say it isn't worth it. The article says the average house price in the area is getting on for £2m so, if you assess the purchase price plus the cost of rectifying the issues is (say) £1.3m, maybe you'd go for it. It's just that a typical mortgage lender which is just in the business of lending to people buying houses in reasonable repair to move into immediately, really isn't in the business of risking capital on more speculative renovations.
    Yep. It’s the same with self-builders, who struggle to get mortgage finance for an uncompleted building.

Can we charge this England team with treason?

With Rudy Giuliani as their learned counsel?
  • Barnesian said:

We must tread carefully.
    How about @Hepez ?
    I couldn't possibly comment.
    And another blooming try. This is crap.
  • Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,232
    Bring back Eddie. Bring back Owen.
    edited March 2023
    Sandpit said:

England remind me of the Conservative Party, 17, er, I mean 22, er, 24 points behind at the midpoint and yet they still canter home with a comfortable victory.
    Sandpit said:

Obviously the Curse of Lineker.

Sandpit said:

England remind me of the Conservative Party, 17, er, I mean 22, er, 24 points behind at the midpoint and yet they still canter home with a comfortable victory.
    Have this team nobbled the ref and the scoreboard?
    "Seize all democratic politicians and Biden key staff and select Republicans (Thune and McConnell). Begin interrogations using measures we used on Al Queda to gain evidence on the coup."
    Here's what feds say Larry Brock had planned on Jan. 6.
    DOJ seeking five years in prison.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1634518575879790593

• StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    Quelle merveilleuse soirée!
  • boulayboulay Posts: 3,769
    Carnyx said:

Sandpit said:

England are being taken up the Gary.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,734

Because they don't know the words to GOD SAVE THE KING ?
  • Northern_AlNorthern_Al Posts: 7,459

Braverman's just tweeted: Stop The Tries!
    The French won't oblige, of course.
  • ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,800
    Suella Braverman is on Nick Robinson's "Political Thinking" R4 show just now, if there are any masochists around.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_fourfm
  • squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,287
    edited March 2023
    Carnyx said:

Sandpit said:

England are inept. .the no of pens conceded at the breakdown is ludicrous.
  • StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,085
    Carnyx said:

Sandpit said:

Curse of itv, isn't it?

Actually, what would have happened had the Beeb had this match today? Taken the French pictures and sound? Just not shown it?

Actually, the second of those might have been for the best.
This discussion has been closed.