Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

These YouGov findings are terrible for Truss – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• darkagedarkage Posts: 4,746
    Carnyx said:

darkage said:

Eabhal said:

Why are HP printers so irredeemably shit?

An hour into trying to get a contract to sign and it's still firing out test pages

Yeah I've had this problem with HP laser printers. I thought I would make my life easier by buying an expensive laser printer rather than the cartridge printers that are slow and take forever. Ha ha.
    I found that the HP laser printer was an absolute heap of junk and a waste of £150. The tray broke and Currys wouldn't fix it. Got it working again but every time you try and get it to print, you seem to be messing around for 20 minutes before it prints anything. And you can't seem to do anything without getting tied in to their weird online network thing. How hard can it be to just send something to the printer and get it printed? It is astonishing how this has got harder over time, rather than easier.

Now its run out of ink i'm throwing it way and replacing it with a cheap £30 inkjet printer that you plug in when you need to print something.
    False economy. Get one of the refillable Epson ones. They charge the actual price for the printer so they don't have to make it back with ink cartridges and various user-hostile tricks to make sure you keep buying the ink cartridges.
    Got one. Very pleased. 8550 in fact - prints A3, which is great for proofreading.

Only concern is the high front end price but I got a two year guarantee for free.
    Thanks both, very helpful. Yes, I suspected that HP are essentially recruiting you in to their 'ink subscription' service which requires you to be online so they can continuously harvest your data - seems to be behind many of the complications involved in trying to getting the printer to do its job.

The £700 price tag of the EPSON alternative is a bit off putting though, for a personal (rather than business) purchase for occasional use.
  • If this was in a theatre she would be hooked off
  • RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,973
    Well as soon as Liz Truss started I just had a power cut. Hopefully we’re not struggling with energy supplies already
  • AlistairMAlistairM Posts: 2,004
    Increased chatter that a Russian attack executed by four Russian Kamov Ka-52 in the South went of the cliff. All four of them reportedly have been shot down. Waiting for verification. #Ukraine #Zaporizhzhia #Kherson
    https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1580147289527836672
  • Fucking hell, a Tory leader boasting she has increased government spending to 1 trillion.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,735
    Penny mordaunt’s expression as Truss defends her catastrophic mini budget is something to behold #pmqs
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

*Orders lackey to gralloch a heap of deer guts on to the heather*

'It's what she would have wanted'

Fuck The Crown.
    We thwack them through the heart with a .243 before taking a knife to them

Had any good halal meat recently?
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709

Fuck The Crown.
    Treason!!!
    Liz Truss says she is "absolutely" sticking to her pledge not to cut public spending.

Bookmark this one.

https://twitter.com/KevinASchofield/status/1580154348645990400
  • darkage said:

Carnyx said:

darkage said:

Eabhal said:

An hour into trying to get a contract to sign and it's still firing out test pages

Yeah I've had this problem with HP laser printers. I thought I would make my life easier by buying an expensive laser printer rather than the cartridge printers that are slow and take forever. Ha ha.
    I found that the HP laser printer was an absolute heap of junk and a waste of £150. The tray broke and Currys wouldn't fix it. Got it working again but every time you try and get it to print, you seem to be messing around for 20 minutes before it prints anything. And you can't seem to do anything without getting tied in to their weird online network thing. How hard can it be to just send something to the printer and get it printed? It is astonishing how this has got harder over time, rather than easier.

Now its run out of ink i'm throwing it way and replacing it with a cheap £30 inkjet printer that you plug in when you need to print something.
    False economy. Get one of the refillable Epson ones. They charge the actual price for the printer so they don't have to make it back with ink cartridges and various user-hostile tricks to make sure you keep buying the ink cartridges.
    Got one. Very pleased. 8550 in fact - prints A3, which is great for proofreading.

Only concern is the high front end price but I got a two year guarantee for free.
    Thanks both, very helpful. Yes, I suspected that HP are essentially recruiting you in to their 'ink subscription' service which requires you to be online so they can continuously harvest your data - seems to be behind many of the complications involved in trying to getting the printer to do its job.

The £700 price tag of the EPSON alternative is a bit off putting though, for a personal (rather than business) purchase for occasional use.
    Far from an expert, indeed had similar series of disasters with inkjets but have been impressed by a relatively cheap Brother laserjet. A couple of years in, no issues at all.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-MFC-L2710DW-Wireless-Connected-Printing/dp/B078GS3TSJ
  • SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    Starmer is taking this non-entity apart

Go now Truss.
  • If this was in a theatre she would be hooked off

I thought Kwarteng was bad yesterday. This is spectacularly funny. She genuinely thinks she is the brightest person in the room.
  • numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,414
    Scott_xP said:

Penny mordaunt’s expression as Truss defends her catastrophic mini budget is something to behold #pmqs

Penny can see her seat vanishing before her eyes (together with at least 50% of the parliamentary party IMHO).

The Queen also supported blood sports, it is perfectly legal and deer are not endangered species and indeed venison is very tasty
    edited October 2022

She would. I am certain that her greatest regret was that her position precluded her from h--t--g teh f--.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 3,853
    edited October 2022

I'd prefer it if they brought Harry back with an Apache.

SHOOT MORE DEER
    SKS just masterly.

Mind you anyone else would be 40 points ahead.
  • HYUFD said:

The Queen also supported blood sports, it is perfectly legal and deer are not endangered species and indeed venison is very tasty
    But pricewise, venison is a little dear.
  • HYUFD said:

Fuck The Crown.
    Treason!!!
    That has given me some light relief in the midst of this tragedy for the conservative party

You are comical
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    edited October 2022

Scott_xP said:

Penny can see her seat vanishing before her eyes (together with at least 50% of the parliamentary party IMHO).
    It was only a few MPs votes between this and PM4PM.
  • londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,152
    Has Liz mentioned the energy scheme at all yet?!
  • Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,880

Blimey.

Country is Borked if this now an option for takeaways.

It's interesting how many of the Russian PoWs interviewed by Ukraine for propaganda purposes (clear Geneva Convention Article 13 breach) are utterly fucked with debt from Russia's lightly regulated micro-loan shysters. There are reklama for them all the time on Russian TV.
  • HYUFD said:

Fuck The Crown.
    Treason!!!
    Nah, Fornicate the Crown the way Prince Charles violated his marital vows with Camilla Parker-Bowles.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,762
    Jordan is not having a good day and it looks likely to cost England the game.
  • Scott_xP said:

Liz Truss says she is "absolutely" sticking to her pledge not to cut public spending.

Bookmark this one.

Almost impossible to cut public spending in an inflationary environment!
    Truss says no public spending cuts, so what is going to be announced on the 31st of October?
    https://twitter.com/JGForsyth/status/1580154997198950402

Truss sticks to her leadership campaign words that she wasn't planning more spending cuts
    "Absolutely", she says.

Starmer pocketed that answer like a key Exhibit A for the case for the prosecution when the Medium-Term Fiscal Plan is published.

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1580155045869649921
  • DavidL said:

Magnificent timing.
    edited October 2022
    Scott_xP said:

Truss says no public spending cuts, so what is going to be announced on the 31st of October?
    https://twitter.com/JGForsyth/status/1580154997198950402

Truss sticks to her leadership campaign words that she wasn't planning more spending cuts
    "Absolutely", she says.

Starmer pocketed that answer like a key Exhibit A for the case for the prosecution when the Medium-Term Fiscal Plan is published.

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1580155045869649921

Real terms or not, that's the question.
  • Starmer is taking this non-entity apart

Go now Truss.

Anyone and everyone could take apart this dreadful PM and time her mps acted
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    The Tory front bench. I have seen happier faces at funerals in January.
  • IshmaelZ said:

Fuck The Crown.
    We thwack them through the heart with a .243 before taking a knife to them

Had any good halal meat recently?
    Actually no. I've been away from home, so eating hotel and restaurant food.

So pretty much fish for the past few weeks.
  • numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,414
    She’s all over the shop. Honestly think she can’t cope with the magnitude of the situation she finds herself in.

They have to put her out of her misery and get rid before Christmas.
    Scott_xP said:

She must be thinking if just 9 Tory MPs voted differently a few months ago where she would be now. Tory MPs who voted for Sunak only have themselves to blame.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    edited October 2022
    "What we will make sure is that over the medium-term the debt is falling. "But we will do that not by cutting public spending, but by making sure we spend public money well."

Can anyone explain how spending the same amount of money more wisely will reduce the debt?
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,762

DavidL said:

Magnificent timing.
    Thank you. But I hope Jordan doesn't bowl any more today.
  • MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    edited October 2022

LOL. The Energy Price Guarantee, as Truss said the main part of the recent budget, is very much in the spotlight now.

And as I have been explaining for weeks, both Truss and Starmer are up to their eyebrows in this “sewage” of wrong approach to the problem.
  • Starmer is taking this non-entity apart

Go now Truss.

Anyone and everyone could take apart this dreadful PM and time her mps acted
    Anyone apart from Rishi, Mordaunt, Badenoch, the Hat, Braverman, Hunt and Zahawi?
  • So the IFS say there is need for a £60bn cut to public spending. Truss says she will cut £0. I wonder who will be proven right - and having made a very clear statement on the floor of the House how does she get out of it?
    Truss warned cabinet yesterday there were “no easy choices ahead”… yet says today there will be no cuts only “better public spending” whatever that means…
    https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1580155970193268736

So the IFS say there is need for a £60bn cut to public spending. Truss says she will cut £0. I wonder who will be proven right - and having made a very clear statement on the floor of the House how does she get out of it?

Sack the chancellor would be step 1
  • IanB2 said:

"What we will make sure is that over the medium-term the debt is falling. "But we will do that not by cutting public spending, but by making sure we spend public money well."

Can anyone explain how spending the same amount of money more widely will reduce the debt?

Spend it more wisely and you might have higher growth, which will reduce the debt over the medium term.
  • Several fawning questions from backbench MPs that not only clearly are written by the whips but the MP is very clearly reading the scripted question in a terribly slow and wooden way.
  • IanB2 said:

Can anyone explain how spending the same amount of money more wisely will reduce the debt?

Growth. The anti-growth coalition just need to believe harder and trust the Truss.
  • Lefties should really praise Liz Truss.

She's destroyed the Tory party for a generation.
    Liz Truss's response on public spending in PMQs (there won't be cuts) shows v real tension between politics & economics at play now. Politically she needed to say it or cause havoc among her own MPs but it's about the worst thing she could have said for economic credibility.
    https://twitter.com/KateEMcCann/status/1580156316466626561
  • Has Liz mentioned the energy scheme at all yet?!

LOL. The Energy Price Guarantee, as Truss said the main part of the recent budget, is very much in the spotlight now.

And as I have been explaining for weeks, both Truss and Starmer are up to their eyebrows in this “sewage” of wrong approach to the problem.
    There is some truth in the fact the energy relief scheme is far too generous
  • So the IFS say there is need for a £60bn cut to public spending. Truss says she will cut £0. I wonder who will be proven right - and having made a very clear statement on the floor of the House how does she get out of it?

It could be both. If the IFS are speaking in real terms, and Truss in nominal terms, then its possible for both to be right.
  • God, she's dumb, she's going to be utterly destroyed during a general election campaign.

She's Theresa May without the humanity.

And without the political agility.
  • kjhkjh Posts: 10,458
    HYUFD said:

Fuck The Crown.
    Treason!!!
    If it is do you expect TSE to be arrested? Maybe you can do a citizen's arrest.
  • Scott_xP said:

So the IFS say there is need for a £60bn cut to public spending. Truss says she will cut £0. I wonder who will be proven right - and having made a very clear statement on the floor of the House how does she get out of it?

Sack the chancellor would be step 1
    It was genuinely a revelation the other day when you said you had been a long-standing Tory voter. Just shows how damaging the recent lot have been to their traditional supporters.

And how does the market react
    A pledge which will only add to the number of Tory MPs already saying that tax cuts or energy price freeze will have to be scaled back.

"She's going to have to undo everything fiscal" in the mini-budget, says one who backed her.

https://twitter.com/Smyth_Chris/status/1580156232207282176
    https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1580154891548315649

HYUFD said:

Fuck The Crown.
    Treason!!!
    Nah, Fornicate the Crown the way Prince Charles violated his marital vows with Camilla Parker-Bowles.
    Right that is it, time for TSE to be sent to the Tower!!
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,136
    edited October 2022
    darkage said:

Carnyx said:

darkage said:

Eabhal said:

I'd been waiting till Which consistently recommended an inktank printer with decent printing gubbins and this family was the first - ET-8500 is A4 printing only; 8550 is A3 and A4 etc printing (but A4 scanning/copying only).

There is a minor issue of ink bleed through from photos but this is probably just a combination of the paper I use and my laziness in not adjusting the setting. Doesn't affect me.

I am a moderate user (researcher at home) printing 10s or even 100s in a day, and I have only had to refill it once, 10 momths on, after the initial filling, and even then there is plenty ink left in the bottles. One also needs to buy a replacement overflow/dribble sponge eventually but mine is not even a quarter of the way full.

Edit: still have my HP printer with a few cartridges to use up. Useful as a backup printer/scanner, though it's great not to have to buy cartridges like smarties - third party ones were hopeless, they didn't work or do so reliably when they did work.
  • VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,429
    edited October 2022
    The key point i noticed at PMQ was that Keir Starmer's questions were heard in silence, whilst Liz Truss's answers were barracked.

She does not have the support of the Tory MPs.
    There'll be no spending cuts, Liz Truss declares to #PMQs. That's it then - she's going to abandon her mini-budget tax cuts. That, or the markets crash spectacularly on Friday.
    https://twitter.com/tnewtondunn/status/1580157296273158144
  • Jonathan said:

Curious as to why January? What are the best months for funerals?
    Scott_xP said:

A pledge which will only add to the number of Tory MPs already saying that tax cuts or energy price freeze will have to be scaled back.

"She's going to have to undo everything fiscal" in the mini-budget, says one who backed her.

Do none of these people think about inflation and "real terms" being noticeable by its absence from her phrasing? That is her get out.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    edited October 2022

Lefties should really praise Liz Truss.

I believe we spotted this potential consolation quite early on.
  • Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,784
    edited October 2022
    I'm finding Ranil Jayawardene's vague resemblance to an EdM on the government benches a bit disconcerting.
  • HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Fuck The Crown.
    Treason!!!
    I believe he has a fondness for Blackpool..
  • pm215pm215 Posts: 926
    darkage said:

I found that the HP laser printer was an absolute heap of junk and a waste of £150.

I think the problem there is that 150 quid is not an expensive laser printer -- it is a cheap laser printer, and thus it will have been value-engineered to death. I spent 250 quid on my multifunction HP laserjet and it's still working fine 9 years later...

I find the advantage of laser over inkjet is for the very-occasional-user: if you need to print one document every three months then what I found was that an inkjet would always have dried up ink and not print properly. (Perhaps they're better these days? I switched to laser a decade or more back.) Because toner is powder, not liquid, a laser printer won't have this issue.
    so many apparent u-turns today it's quite hard to keep up https://twitter.com/HugoGye/status/1580157474354495488
  • Jonathan said:

Curious as to why January? What are the best months for funerals?
    Summer months.
  • IanB2 said:

I believe we spotted this consolation quite early on.
    The LDs in the mid 1990s with their sleeper plan.
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,263

Scott_xP said:

Bookmark this one.

Almost impossible to cut public spending in an inflationary environment!
    Perhaps you're onto something there - she may feel that a freeze in public spending, equal to an 11% cut in real terms, might be sold as "no cuts".

You are most welcome in my meadow. I was so alone here, but there are a few of you coming through the gate now. 🥰
    No 10/Treasury also insisting there will be no further retreat/delay on mini-Budget tax cuts - while the market reaction suggests that something has got to give...
    https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1580154692184682496
  • UnpopularUnpopular Posts: 775

The problem is, what else will she destroy between them and a GE?

Starmer did a good job this week, and while he implied the lack of a mandate, I think he should have asked why Truss isn't calling a GE.
    AlistairM said:

Scott_xP said:

Do none of these people think about inflation and "real terms" being noticeable by its absence from her phrasing? That is her get out.
    Exactly. You can have 10% reduction in expenditure by not cutting a penny given the current inflation rate.
  • HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Fuck The Crown.
    Treason!!!
    I believe he has a fondness for Blackpool..
    Love it, have already booked our 2023 visit.
  • pingping Posts: 3,724
    edited October 2022
    AlistairM said:

Scott_xP said:

It’s not a “get out” at all. She’ll get slaughtered for real terms departmental cuts.

If she plans to do a Theresa May and attempts to spin the unspinnable, she’ll be gone in no time. There isn’t a Tory majority for real terms cuts across the board.
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535

God, she's dumb, she's going to be utterly destroyed during a general election campaign.

Listening to Truss is excruciating. So not only has she got all sorts of ill-conceived ideas, she will be utterly incapable of persuading people during a campaing. Even Starmer, who is quite dull, would make mincemeat of Truss in a debate. Truss is far worse than May.
    IshmaelZ said:
    Pedant mode: 5 hours, not a day.
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535

Well as soon as Liz Truss started I just had a power cut. Hopefully we’re not struggling with energy supplies already

Lucky you!
  • Has Liz mentioned the energy scheme at all yet?!

You are most welcome in my meadow. I was so alone here, but there are a few of you coming through the gate now. 🥰
    Actually I did not dispute your observations at anytime and if we had politicians who could put on one side tribal politics and design a scheme as large as this to protect tax payers from giving largesse to those who do not need it
    ping said:

AlistairM said:

Scott_xP said:

It’s not a “get out” at all. She’ll get slaughtered for real terms departmental cuts.

If she plans to do a Theresa May and attempt to spin the unspinnable, she’ll be gone in no time.
    She really needs to be pressed on this.
  • Oh God these whip-scripted questions just get funnier.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    I've never seen a PM lose PMQs 6-0 before. Bizarrely bad.

Absolutely.

A reminder Variable price cap is better targeted where needed, doesn’t waste billions on those who don’t need it and virtually pays for itself.

Labours six months at a time proposal of the Truss thing at least allowed wriggle room to doing it another way.

ping said:

AlistairM said:

Scott_xP said:

If she plans to do a Theresa May and attempt to spin the unspinnable, she’ll be gone in no time.
    She really needs to be pressed on this.
    It's an obvious question to be asked, but will any journalist pick up on it?
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 14,772
    IanB2 said:

Well you could argue that some spending - science research, infrastructure - will lead to more growth than other spending - state pension, fighter jet imports - so you could bring the debt down by changing what you spend money on. But that would still involve cuts to some budgets. And forecasting the extra growth is difficult.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,695
    glw said:

God, she's dumb, she's going to be utterly destroyed during a general election campaign.

Listening to Truss is excruciating. So not only has she got all sorts of ill-conceived ideas, she will be utterly incapable of persuading people during a campaing. Even Starmer, who is quite dull, would make mincemeat of Truss in a debate. Truss is far worse than May.
    We're basically seeing what would have happened if IDS had ever become Prime Minister
  • Jonathan said:

It wasn't just losing 6 - 0 it was an utter humiliation
  • Jonathan said:

So you're repressing the Brown years.

'We not only saved the world'
  • IanB2 said:

I believe we spotted this consolation quite early on.
    The LDs in the mid 1990s with their sleeper plan.
    She's certainly caused the Sale of the Century on the financial markets.
  • ping said:

AlistairM said:

Scott_xP said:

If she plans to do a Theresa May and attempts to spin the unspinnable, she’ll be gone in no time. There isn’t a Tory majority for real terms cuts across the board.
    Real terms department cuts happen quite frequently though.

She'll say that the Department of Administrative Affairs has had a 4% increase to its Budget, Starmer will say that's a real terms cut, she will repeat that she's given a 4% increase to its budget and we need to spend this extra money wisely.
  • Jonathan said:

Hang on. She said "I am genuinely unclear" TWICE. That makes it 8-0. And then hung the economy on "no spending cuts" which will implode the market by weekend. That's 9-0. At least.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,695
    Jonathan said:

It happened several times with El Gord Vs Dave
  • WillGWillG Posts: 1,993

Scott_xP said:

Excl - Liz Truss let rip at squabbling Cabinet yesterday after astonishing breakdown of discipline...

PM reminded them of the "importance of collective cabinet responsibility" after row broke out over benefits

with @JackElsom @MrHarryCole
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/politics/20082440/liz-truss-lets-rip-mini-budget-cabinet/

@JackElsom @MrHarryCole One source said of former leadership hopeful Penny Mordaunt she didn't know where to look.... "she spent the whole time looking up at the ceiling" 🔥

Maybe Penny is looking for a source of divine inspiration to get them out of this mess?

Penny could have looked at her colleagues and described them:

Cock
    Cock
    Cock
    Cock
    Mordaunt is the only person at the top of the party with the emotional intelligence and charisma to separate herself from the rest of the Tory brand at this point.
    Like I say, it doesn’t matter. The narrative is Liz Truss is a disaster, so everything she does will be seen through that prism. But she’s done OK at PMQs today. Solid performance.
    https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1580158895297040384
  • Oh God these whip-scripted questions just get funnier.

I am beyond finding this funny, and am deeply disturbed that this totally unsuitable PM will still be in office even tomorrow
    AlistairM said:

On energy consumption every single person I speak to is talking about what they are doing to reduce it. Not using the tumble dryer. Short cycles on washing machines. Avoiding using the central heating. Reducing time the hot water is on. Layering up. Turning off unused lights. This is all easy to do stuff. We just never bothered before. This is going to add up to a big reduction in energy usage.

Yep this is the first time ever I've not put heating on when there's been a bit of a chill.
    pm215 said:

darkage said:

I found that the HP laser printer was an absolute heap of junk and a waste of £150.

I think the problem there is that 150 quid is not an expensive laser printer -- it is a cheap laser printer, and thus it will have been value-engineered to death. I spent 250 quid on my multifunction HP laserjet and it's still working fine 9 years later...

I find the advantage of laser over inkjet is for the very-occasional-user: if you need to print one document every three months then what I found was that an inkjet would always have dried up ink and not print properly. (Perhaps they're better these days? I switched to laser a decade or more back.) Because toner is powder, not liquid, a laser printer won't have this issue.
    Seems not to be a problem, I have been printing 5 docs a year for 4 years on the one inkjet

Toppest tip of all is: avoid wireless printers at all costs and NEVER expect them to work with a phone or tablet.
  • Chris Jordan is the new Jade Dernbach.
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,787
    On Liz Truss, @patrickkmaguire quips that she’s now “the supply teacher who’s lost the room.” That, I think, is rather👌.

And any supply teacher I remember being in this position ended up with drawing pins on their chair and paper aeroplanes flying over their head…

https://twitter.com/tommctague/status/1580158971964379136
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,878
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Has the Free Speech Union been on this?

Celtic have been fined over “provocative” anti-monarchy banners displayed by their fans at a Champions League match last month, less than a week after the Queen’s death.

One banner spotted in the Celtic section of the ground during their 1-1 draw with Ukrainian side Shakhtar Donetsk in Poland on September 14 stated “F*** the crown”.

Another read “Sorry For Your Loss Michael Fagan” — a reference to a man who broke into the Queen’s bedroom in 1982.

The Scottish champions have been fined €15,000 (£13,000) by Uefa’s control, ethics and disciplinary body over what was described as “a message not fit for a sporting event (ie a provocative banner)”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/celtic-fined-for-anti-monarchy-banners-p25fb2jjj

Quite right too, that could also count as hate speech in the aftermath of the Queen's death.

They should have done what Rangers did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFgID9PFU44
    Hate speech? Defined how? Is republicanism a banned belief?
    Arguably yes, if it is treason and disloyalty to the Crown
    Treason? Really? I am a republican. Thought was a legal opinion to hold and express. Do you disagree?
This discussion has been closed.